Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Presidential Debate (October 19, 2016)

Hillary definitely had the stronger closing statement.  Did Trump have nothing prepared?

Thought Hillary did better in this one than the last one.  Very good answers on Trump's unfitness to be Prez.  Hope they've hit home for the undecideds.  Trump didn't help himself with his constant putdowns and negativity either (I hope!). 

• Love 10

Thanks all for the updates.  Way more better than actually watching!

I think the worst thing tonight was his saying he might not accept the results.  Honestly, that's throwing over the whole concept of this great country.  Oy... 

Go Cubs!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, madmaverick said:

I want smack Trump's smug face so much.  Too much having it in my face on the split screen for 1.5 hrs.   How Hillary's restrained herself all these months I don' know.

At the end of the last debate, I said to my husband "I'm amazed how she's able to stay so calm; I don't think I'd be able to do that." My husband's response: "Oh, you'd be punching him in the head." :D

• Love 21

Chuck Todd on NBC asking Podesta directly about the hacked emails of his.  A good side thing going on here.

And Podesta is kind of slippery. He justed dodged talking about the email leaks at all.

• Love 1

Thanks to you all--and to the mods for making this happen. It was my first time not watching it myself--a big help. I wish Wallace was better--and that Trump made a candidacy-killing gaffe but I'm glad it seems like nothing big will come from it to set Hillary back and change the momentum.  I guess it's safe to turn on the television and see what they're saying. Thanks again!

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

We both posted this at the same time!  (It was a good line!)

You quoted the best part, though - arguing with himself.

It hurts my bleeding heart a little, but I might be developing a crush on Steve Schmidt.  That's how messed up this election has been.

• Love 9
Just now, Aquarius said:

It hurts my bleeding heart a little, but I might be developing a crush on Steve Schmidt.  That's how messed up this election has been.

Honestly, Schmidt and Nicolle Wallace are pretty reasonable a lot of the time.

• Love 7
Just now, Aquarius said:

I like Steve Schmidt a lot because he isn't an ideologue. He's had a lot of good insights and had a good interview over on Vox.com about the GOP splitting. I'm not sure if it was in that interview or a different one where he referred to the Republican establishment as Vichy Republicans. Anyone who can make a reference like that gets my respect!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

I feel your pain.  When I start crushing on Schmidt I just remind myself that he is the one who gave us Sarah Palin for a VP nominee and the feeling goes away.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, movingtargetgal said:

I feel your pain.  When I start crushing on Schmidt I just remind myself that he is the one who gave us Sarah Palin for a VP nominee and the feeling goes away.

Yesssss.  That's why I must fight this feeling.

• Love 4

Thanks to all you brave warrior watchers and PTV for the thread! I haven't watched any of the debates because his level of meanness and stupidity just fills me with too much anxiety to watch live.