Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Presidential Debate (October 19, 2016)

For live discussion during the 3rd Presidential Debate on October 19th. This thread will be open from 9PM - 11PM EDT.

Reminder of the forum rules:

We all know political talk on the net is a loaded shitbomb so we won't be giving out many second chances for anyone who can't speak their mind without attacking other posters/making it personal. Think twice, post once. On the flip side, if you're about to report a post, know the difference between the personal and the political.

Keep it civil folks!

• Love 7

I'm not watching (just can't take it) but I did see pics from CSPAN's Twitter feed that Chachi ("Donald Trump is not god." Never forget.) and Matt Drudge are there. 

Hillary's wearing white--very symbolic--she wore white when she won the delegates, she wore it to accept the nomination.   I hope it means she's feeling confident.

Sarah Palin in the audience means we probably get a Tina Fey appearance on the SNL cold open this week!

• Love 9

Watching the PBS live feed right now.  Does anyone know which ones show the split screen shots of both candidates?

Last debate I watched on the Cspan feed and they didn't show both. 

Chris Wallace is already lying.  Roger Ailes wrote the questions.

I thought the pantsuit was cream coloured.

Edited by atomationage
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, atomationage said:

Watching the PBS live feed right now.  Does anyone know which ones show the split screen shots of both candidates?

Last debate I watched on the Cspan feed and they didn't show both. 

Chris Wallace is already lying.  Roger Ailes wrote the questions.

WTH? How did that happen? 

I just can't watch ( honestly too nervous ) but I will pop in and out to see what you all think. Thanks !

• Love 2

Right on the attack by Trump. Always it's about what people say about HIM first and foremost and his ability to shoot back.

And of COURSE he goes right to the Second Amendment. Playing to his base and nobody else.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Trump took his meds.

Dang! Hopefully they'll wear off in half an hour or so.

I can't watch either. I rely on you good people to soften the blow of whatever can go wrong here. I cannot look!

• Love 3

Word Salad Time! Right on Trump's first answer.

Lets see if we are two for two and if he does it on Answer Two.

Does Trump even KNOW what the Heller Decision is?  I bet not.

Okay, it looks like he boned up on it. But MOST of what he knows is about "how angry" Hillary Clinton was.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, starri said:

Who's drinking?  And if so, what?

Sapphire Hill 2012 Rubino red blend.  I'm watching baseball.  I can't watch these things.  Poor Mr ebk is watching in the upstairs office. 

I'll just enjoy reading along with all of you!

Let me know if I need to turn the channel - thanks!! :-)

• Love 1

As a lawyer, I appreciate Hillary's lawyerly response on gun control.  But I wonder if something a more emotive appeal about common sense gun control would be more effective with the public?  Seriously, how many kids have been killed already?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, InsertWordHere said:

Does Trump have a cold or is he trying to speak softly? Or is he trying not to sniff?

As disgusting as it is, Trump sticking to the NRA's butthole is probably the way to go for him.

Abortion Time! 

(ugh that sounds bad)

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, InsertWordHere said:

Low energy. Sad! Does he have the stamina to be president?

He's lost his vitality!  And according to people who have worked with him, he's got a decades long belief that once you use up your "vitality" it never comes back.

Roe Roe Roe your boat. Gently down the stream...

• Love 7