Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

20 minutes ago, Kromm said:

This is insane. Government isn't supposed to make you fear this kind of stuff. At worst, you're supposed to be annoyed by them.

That's how it used to be in America, and what the Western world has strived to create.  The checks and balances against corruption keep America great.  Trump is taking us to the third world with his plans for corruption and raking in cash for his business interests.  That's how Putin and most third world governments operate - whoever is in office and his cronies get even more super rich, and "the people" get super poor, leaving them with a rich class ruling over poor people with nothing in between - see Central and South America, Russia, etc.  Trump is opening the door to making Corruption the law of the land in America. 

• Love 15

And don't forget the recent complicity in throwing the election by the Republican director of the nation's top law enforcement agency. Chilling.

On a brighter note, this looks so nice!:

According to the independent Cook Report, Hillary Clinton’s popular vote lead surpassed 2 million this morning (with millions still left to count) ― or about 1.5 percent of the overall vote:

Clinton:  64,225,863

Trump:   62,210,612

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

Meanwhile, we haven't seen hair nor hide of his tax returns or medical reports.

59 minutes ago, Kromm said:

It's a sign that neither the law or public accountability matters--and that he's going to do whatever he wants. That he has no fear of consequences (which means we should all be pissing our pants now).

26 minutes ago, izabella said:

That's how it used to be in America, and what the Western world has strived to create.  The checks and balances against corruption keep America great.  Trump is taking us to the third world with his plans for corruption and raking in cash for his business interests.  That's how Putin and most third world governments operate - whoever is in office and his cronies get even more super rich, and "the people" get super poor, leaving them with a rich class ruling over poor people with nothing in between - see Central and South America, Russia, etc.  Trump is opening the door to making Corruption the law of the land in America. 

Bloomberg Politics noted a couple of steps that Republicans (the ones who don't want to look like they're supporting a criminal) can take long before an impeachment. They can pass a bill to force Trump to publish his returns and they can convene a permanent investigative committee to issue subpoenas regarding his business interests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJgLFuI9yhc

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, numbnut said:

Bloomberg Politics noted a couple of steps that Republicans (the ones who don't want to look like they're supporting a criminal) can take long before an impeachment. They can pass a bill to force Trump to publish his returns and they can convene a permanent investigative committee to issue subpoenas regarding his business interests.

And they can pass the conflict of interest bill that Katherine Clark of Massachusetts introduce requiring the President and VP to follow the same rules as Congress. 

I'm pretty sure they won't do any of it, though.

• Love 6

I really don't get why Trump has such a hard-on for Putin and Russia, and why no one seems to care that he does.  Better dead than red means nothing anymore?  We like Communism now?  We're cool with that?  I guess Putin i s more of a dictator than a Communist, but do we really think we're going to come out better by getting into bed with Putin?

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, izabella said:

I really don't get why Trump has such a hard-on for Putin and Russia, and why no one seems to care that he does.  Better dead than red means nothing anymore?  We like Communism now?  We're cool with that?  I guess Putin i s more of a dictator than a Communist, but do we really think we're going to come out better by getting into bed with Putin?

I think it's two things. First, Trump always likes tough guys, going way back. And he likes being a tough guy and going up against them. Invigorating! (On the way to WWIII).

Second, as income inequality grows in Russia, I'm sure he sees opportunity to make a lot of money if he can get in with the right projects. And maybe, too, success in Russia will open other parts of the world to him where Russia, not the United States, is the favored political partner.

The good thing about Trump is that he's only motivated by ego and money--purely by self-interest. He may pretend otherwise, but he's got a 50 year record that tells us all we need to know.

"I can do a perfect job as president and also a perfect job with my business."  That tells you pretty much all you need to know about his respect for, understanding of, and commitment to, the position of U.S. President.

It makes me sick to picture Donald Trump at the desk occupied by John Kennedy, and walking the halls where Roosevelt and Lincoln stood.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, stormy said:

Melania will barely be engaged?  WTF.   How's she going to promote her anti-bullying campaign she promised to advocate as FLOTUS?

What made you think Mrs.Hair Gropenführer intended to participate in any of the usual First Lady folerol? Melania was rolled out to look like the devoted third wife and nothing more. Her job is to be Mrs. Hair Gropenführer, and to be available to Hair Gropenführer where he is most at home.

It's been reported that she and Barron will be living primarily in NYC at the penthouse in Trump Tower. President-elect Hair Gropenführer will be spending little time living in the White House ...

President Trump May Only Sort of Live at the White House

... and will cost NYC about $1 million dollars a day to protect him and the Royal Family.

Protecting Donald Trump costs New York City more than $1 million a day

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, numbnut said:

It won't happen. The sudden sounds of silence on his scandals. The floating of Pam Bondi on his transition committee and nobody really pushing into the Trump bribery of her, the quiet settlement of the Trump U. case in NY (where if bribery happened it was more on the down low). 

This is all screaming "nobody is going to do anything".

I've mentioned it before, but think of the contrast to the Nixon Presidency. While some thought he was shady before he was elected, his Presidency self-destructed when it was proved by the press. With Trump we don't even have that option. The country comes into this KNOWING he's not just shady, but an outright criminal, and it doesn't seem to matter. It gives all signs of there being no way to get him out (maybe not even in 4 years, or ever). 

• Love 16

FWIW, Jill Stein will ask for a recount in the contested states if she can raise the money. If you're so inclined: donation to help raise funds for election recount.  Unlikely to raise the full amount needed in the time span required, but I can afford, as of now, to exhaust any possibility.

I think the orange thing is doing all of this 'beat the librull media" circus to distract from any possibility of a vote recount getting any press. 

But hey, here's a thought - he's too far gone mentally to be as focused as Hitler was. He's just as crazy and delusional, but he doesn't have the...ah...stamina...as that other monster responsible for the murder of millions of innocents. So, yeah, it's gonna be on republicans and his white supremacist ghouls to hurry up with those damn trains already...

Resist. Resist. Resist.

Kurt Eichenwald points out that Russia is already moving missiles into Kaliningrad within striking range of Germany and in response to NATO "aggressions." 

Because, you know, move along folks, and buy your Trump tokens and talk about how mellow he seems as the Russians prepare to attack our allies and form a great, beautiful alliance with the thing fouling up the oval office. 

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, windsprints said:

Well, well, well!  Putin can add Uday as another one of his bitches from the Drumpf family.  

51 minutes ago, izabella said:

Unfortunately, the seed was planted long before the Fanta Menace came on the scene.  You may recall that some in the GOP are so openly hostile toward anything President Obama does that they started riding Putin's jock and praising him as a better leader than Obama.   Pence claimed that it was "inarguable" that Putin had been a stronger leader than Obama.  The demented Ghouliani has gone on record expressing his admiration for Putin, implying that Obama was weak.  Even that insipid bitch, Sarah Beyond-the-Palin claimed that Putin was manlier than Obama.

Now, most of us know that politics is supposed to stop at the water's edge.  But, not with these motherfuckers, whose hatred of all things Obama supersedes anything else.  Of course, it's another concerted attempt to denigrate the president as a man.  Not one of these motherfuckers will acknowledge that Putin is a dictator and holdover from the KGB.  Well, since they love Putin so much, just leave the U.S. and go on and get into bed with him.

No doubt that the Fanta Menace's undisclosed financial dealings have a lot to do with his man-crush on Putin, but it is frightening that one poorly interpreted "compliment" from a dictator--and enemy of the U.S.--has him jeopardizing our foreign policy.  

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

FWIW, Jill Stein will ask for a recount in the contested states if she can raise the money. If you're so inclined: donation to help raise funds for election recount.  Unlikely to raise the full amount needed in the time span required, but I can afford, as of now, to exhaust any possibility.

Good idea, but do I trust Stein?  She has raised $35,000 and needs $2,500,000 by 4 p.m. Friday. It's not going to happen. Why would she get peoples' hopes up? Is it like Kickstarter where you have to make your goal or it doesn't count? Or is it just money she can pocket? A candidate has to pay for a recount? And why by Friday?  (/so cynical)

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Padma said:

Good idea, but do I trust Stein?  She has raised $35,000 and needs $2,500,000 by 4 p.m. Friday. It's not going to happen. Why would she get peoples' hopes up? Is it like Kickstarter where you have to make your goal or it doesn't count? Or is it just money she can pocket? A candidate has to pay for a recount? And why by Friday?  (/so cynical)

I hear ya - I don't know what happens to the money if the goal isn't reached, so that's why I did a real "grass roots" donation. 

Not cynical at all - my motto for the next few years is "distrust and prove why."

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Padma said:

So here's a little about how recounts work, and it does, of course, vary by state:

Today, 43 states allow a losing candidate, a voter, a group of voters or other concerned parties to petition for a recount in some fashion, says the National Conference of State Legislatures. Among 15 current potential swing states or battleground states in the presidential election, only six states have automatic recount provisions based on a close margin in the race: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Some states allow candidates or interested parties to ask for a recount, if they pay for it. In addition to recounts, most states allow voters to contest election results, based on claims of illegal voting, bad behavior by the vote counters (such as accepting bribes), wrongly counted votes or the ineligibility of a candidate for office.

MI and PA are two of the most contested states, MI in particular as votes are still be counted and Hillary trails by a small margin - something like 12k last I heard. WI is also one being called out for a recount.

I would say that the ability to call for a recount based on "illegal voting, bad behavior by the vote counters, wrongly counted voted or the ineligibility of a candidate for office" should get her an automatic recount based on Trump's behave, his pollsters and the voter suppression tactics they used in which they targeted 3 key groups in particular, the fact that these tactics violated the RNC Consent Decree and the fact that he should be ineligible for office. He has admitted to abusing his charity and violating policies there. He has admitted to committing perjury as he signed off on the IRS forms and other paperwork for the charity knowing that they contained false information. Perjury is a felony.

Add these along with all of his conflict of interests issues, the white supremacy complaints, the bigotry, the lies, his attempts to suppress the First Amendment, the possible treason committed with Putin and Russia, the fact that Russia did hack Hillary's e-mail as well as the DNC and could very well have hacked voting machines, and I do not see how they cannot recount the votes. She is winning the popular vote by over 2million votes now. Votes are still coming in. Given this and all the outright crimes committed by Trump, by his own admission, not doing a recount in certain states is horribly wrong and goes against what this Country is supposed to stand for.

The DNC need to get all over this and demand a recount - the deadline is Friday. Get in touch with your reps and tell them to demand a recount at least in MI (which is still counting), WI and PA. We, as voters, also have the right to request a recount in some states. Please call, e-mail, Tweet, etc. Maybe it won't be effective, but you don't know unless you try. This could potentially save us from at least 4 years of tyranny.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, backformore said:

Here's the photo that NBC used that hurt Trump's feelings: 

while I agree it's not a very flattering photo, I've seen him make that face many times.  he looks a bit deranged.

Cx6qJ58UkAE0GsO.jpg

He has such thin, villainous lips. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I feel a bit sorry for Melania. Part of me thinks that, well, you marry a dessicated Halloween Peep for his money, you take the consequences, but she couldn't have predicted this level of scrutiny. She was humiliated more than a few times during the campaign, some of it due to her own past and lies, but most of it due to Trump being a sex pest. It's a pretty good bet that had he lost the election, she would have divorced him, but it would be so much of a scandal now that I'm sure he's threatening her with all manner of punishment if she tried to leave, probably mostly monetary but it wouldn't be beyond him to threaten to take her son from her, even though he's on the record as not caring about any of his kids until they're adults (or, in Tiffany's case, ever).

My theory (which I know I'm repeating, as I've said it before here) is that they renegotiated the pre-nup when he started running.  She got more money in the event of divorce, if she stuck it out through the campaign, appearing when needed, and through any Presidential term.  I don't think she thought for a second that he was winning, so she figured she had the extra money and she could get out after the election.  Now, though, to get the money, she needs to stick it out through his term.  (She's probably crossing her fingers for impeachment.)  

2 hours ago, izabella said:

There have been so many rumors that he owes money to Russian oligarchs who are tight with Putin.  And those guys are not guys he can just declare bankruptcy and pay off pennies on the dollar.  I've also seen a rumor, a few different places, that Putin has a tape of Trump that he would prefer not see the light.  That would not shock me from either side.  Of course Putin has blackmail material on wealthy and powerful people to keep them in line.  And, of course, Trump is exactly the kind of arrogant "I can do whatever I want" entitled rich schmuck who would do something that would make for good blackmail material, thinking he's untouchable.  

1 hour ago, Padma said:

Yeah, I have to give any effort on her part to get rid of Trump now a big old side eye.  She knew exactly what she was doing in the election, and that her presence in it was going to likely help him win.  But she riled the "Bernie or Bust" crowd up, even after he repeatedly urged them to stop and to support Hillary, stressing the importance of keeping Trump out of office.  She's just as bad as all the voters who stayed home or voted third party/write-in and are now bitching about the outcome.  

• Love 5

We just watched a little bit of the turkey pardon and I said that I was never going to watch one again.  This devolved into a discussion that we don't let those freeloaders off the hook.  We're going to build a wall around the turkeys and they're going to pay for it!  And build it!  We don't let their kind into this country and we're going to start registering them before they try to cross our borders.

When I said that my 19 year old son laughed and said "he's not Hitler" which caused my mouth to drop open and I stopped in my thought and sputtered "yes.  Yes he is." I need to get on with educating that child because I thought he already knew.  He does hate Gropenfuhrer which is nice.

• Love 11

Well, I was ready to hop all over this recount thing--although I'm startled the first deadline (Wisconsin) is Friday, the day after tomorrow's national holiday.  Pennsylvania is Monday and Michigan is two days after that, on Wednesday.

I would love NOTHING more than a forensic investigation into the Wisconsin electronic voting machines that gave DT significantly larger totals than he got from either the optical scanner or paper ballot votes--as in, a large enough difference from the "computerized votes" to ultimately make the state declare for DT instead of HRC.  It's not as though we haven't heard the word "hacked" before, in connection with this campaign.

But there's some indication the WH has come down on the side of "smooth transition" over "recount."  I don't think HRC would buck Obama if he's privately let her know that he's not in favor of it.  Surely there have been discussions. 

Truthfully, I don't know why she'd even want to.  She finished 30 years of service by killing herself for a year and a half--she should start struggling again so she might get a chance to fight with these Congressional Majority dickheads who can't jump on the T train fast enough?  (I've clicked most of the links posted today and every single one with a comment section is still filled with poisonous Hillary jeers, lies, accusations.  Fuck that noise:  Pass.)

I'm going to join those posters above, holding my sides in bitter hysterical laughter if one day it's revealed the whole thing was rigged.  (I don't think I'm wearing my tin foil hat too tight to say that I've always privately thought that's exactly what will happen.)

[Note:  apparently the "election scholars" and "computer experts" who are urging her to file for a recount don't want to release their conclusions publicly because they're based on circumstantial evidence and it takes a recount demand to investigate more thoroughly.  Well, that's a shame--I say, throw it all out there for people to speculate about anyway.  What, casting doubt would be impolite?]

Edited by candall
  • Love 4

Two weeks later he finally talks about unity. pfffft. I guess he's figured out that the majority didn't vote for him.  So this is how he is going to speak going forward, in youtube infomercials?

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Why the fuck is it SO EXPENSIVE? The people who WOULD want such a thing could never afford it.

They don't realize that's expensive.

ETA:  Look at the bright side.  Either that thing's going to be 90% off by Christmas, or there will be warehouses STUFFED with unsold Christmas ornaments on January 20.

Edited by candall
  • Love 8

I love that no one commented on his Thanksgiving message but instead the ornament. Shows how interested we all are in listening to him.  Is he so out of touch that he doesn't get much of America will never see that message unless the news picks it up? How many older Americans are on youtube? What about people without broadband? What about people who don't have any of his cult on FB posting it and then people like me coming here to post for all of you, lol?

The off the record news meetings, the guarded/rehearsed interviews and now the youtube infomercials to speak to the public are all pretty clear indicators that he's avoiding a full blown press conference where he's up there alone and the press is throwing questions at him. Presidents before him all did press conferences days after being elected (Obama did one 3 days later). Its been 2 weeks.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, windsprints said:

I love that no one commented on his Thanksgiving message but instead the ornament.

Oh.  This is a different one from "My First 100 Days" youtube propaganda, or whatever that was?  I'm not giving him the respect of one second of my attention for his "messages."  What would be the point, anyway?  Rachel Maddow will tell me anything I need to know about the lies that are in there.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, candall said:

Oh.  This is a different one from "My First 100 Days" youtube propaganda, or whatever that was?  I'm not giving him the respect of one second of my attention for his "messages."  What would be the point, anyway?  Rachel Maddow will tell me anything I need to know about the lies that are in there.

Same here. I appreciate that they're posted--so I know they exist--but I just can't/won't watch. The little bit I saw earlier looks much like the previous one. Now that he's going it "alone" (i.e. without the *real* media) why are the production values so appallingly bad? I swear I could film it better in my computer room with my semi-pro (but amateur's) camcorder. And some direction. And maybe put him somewhere else.

And why is his acting so bad in these things? He was pretty good on the Apprentice. Is he too cheap to hire one of their directors to help him?  He's going to be our president!  The whole world is watching!  Isn't he -already- enough of an embarrassment without these dime store videos?

And, sadly, I think he's going to sell a lot of those precious "24 karat trimmed" collectible ornaments. Maybe to all the people eager to expand their businesses when he's president. They can talk about "that beautiful ornament" along with "our wonderful stay in the suite at Trump International DC"  when they lobby for special access and contracts.

Next Christmas he can put all his MAGA merchandise up on the government website. Maybe Ivanka can hawk another $10k bracelet for the masses, too.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Padma said:

And why is his acting so bad in these things? He was pretty good on the Apprentice. Is he too cheap to hire one of their directors to help him?  He's going to be our president!  The whole world is watching!  Isn't he -already- enough of an embarrassment without these dime store videos?

I think he's trying to act presidential.  Not working, oh Orange Oaf!  He just comes across as a monotone moron with poor reading and oratory skills.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, onthebrink03 said:

I think he's trying to act presidential.  Not working, oh Orange Oaf!  He just comes across as a monotone moron with poor reading and oratory skills.

Ugh. I can't listen to him without giving him the finger. Why does he keep saying "inner cities"? This isn't 1973. So clueless. For the next four years, I'll just get recaps from news outlets.

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, izabella said:

I honestly think, long before the primaries saw Republicans toppling to the Orange Menace, Putin had plans to make a mockery of the US elections and suly them in every way he could.  I think he likely thought Clinton was a shoe-in and when he saw DJ Drumpf getting attention he sent some of his lackeys with an offer the Drumpf-Fuhrer couldn't refuse.  A billion dollars.

I know that sounds weird and odd.  But think about it.  If DJ Drumpf had the money those tax forms would have been releases ages ago.  By October, there was no way that the zero taxes paid was going to ruin his chances and Wikileaks was plannings its huge release before Comey got his hell sent windfall through the Weiner.  I suspect DJ Drumpf has not been a billionaire for awhile.  Hundreds of millions maybe but that billionaire thing is what he considers his Precious.  On The Apprentice I remember him once talking about his wealth at a time when there were plenty others who counted their billions in the tens and he was trying to make it sound like he was their financial peer if not surpassing them.  All the while he was trying to squeeze as much money from the show as he could.  

And he hates losing.  He tried over and over again to create a scenario that saw him lose the election but he could claim otherwise.   So what motivated him to stay in?  Yes he won primaries but there were a couple if times even then that he looked the fool and going up against Clinton had him the butt of a world wide joke.  So what pushed him?  What made him willing to face being beaten and beaten by a woman that had him go on?  The lure of being consoled by a a billion dollars.  Assurance he would belong to the club he claims to be the greatest member of how many times already?  

Putin is said to have every single Russian Billionaire on notice.  i think it was as early as the shifting of some of Princess Margaret's estate along with some other rich leavings in the UK that went on auction in the early 2000s had rumors much of it was bought up by Russian billionaires and it ended up being sent as "gifts" to Putin as he feared a simple bank transfer of money could be traced.  The Financial Times listed over 80 Russian Billionaires as well as about half that again who are expatriate Russians who all bank at three tax haven banks, one of which was hacked and revealed Putin also had an account there.   And Putin's own wealth is likely between 40 and 60 billion and some figure with the state's coffers at his fingertips, his wealth might be considered to be three times that in terms of influence and power.

Holding out a collection plate for their poor despot wannabe as a possible consolation prize if DJ Drumpf had to face actually losing?  Say Putin can put the fear of death and the promise of huge US influence in the hearts of 125 of those assorted billionaires and its 8 million a pop for at worst a muddled and fractured state with a third of the nation loudly hating on their newly elected and very smeared first woman President.  At best?  Our worst of course.  Our now. 

I know it sounds wacky.  But I honestly cannot believe he knew he would win from the very start.  Or even knew he would win after both conventions ended.   Something had to motivate him past the very real chance of losing and even losing in a way that could have proven more humiliating than even the scurrilous talk of it being rigged could soothe.   And other than Putin promising to get him a bigger penis, money is the only thing that would stir him.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, inkworks said:

Just checked the link and it looks like they're already at 2.4 million!! 

https://jillstein.nationbuilder.com/recount

Umm . . . wow!  Three hours later, another $200,000. 

I guess I'll put my money where my mouth is and donate some bucks towards taking those Wisconsin computers apart.

The site says there's no guarantee a recount will be permitted, but if the filing fee and the deadline are met, I don't see why not--the Stein campaign would certainly seem to have standing, as opposed to "Malcontents United."

Wouldn't it be ironic if Jill Stein turned out to be the vehicle that mowed down DT?

Oh great.

[Rachel Maddow reports that] DT has only received TWO of the daily presidential briefs prepared for the POTUS, and the POTUS-Elect. 

All the others, he declined--not interested.

(Isn't there anyone up there to say, "Oh, just stick out your hand and sign the delivery receipt.  We'll put them right over here and you don't have to look at them"??)

This nonsense is so important because his behavior isn't going to get any better, but presumably they'll get better at hiding it.

• Love 14

Of course he's not interested. Dull, boring, detailed reports that aren't, in any way, about him? Ugh. Who has time for any of that shit? Put the TV on, I bet someone is talking about me somewhere.

This is the new normal for the intelligence community, and I'm sure it's going to become unbearable for them. I seem to recall that Bush had aides 'summarise' a lot of reports into quick reads, which is far from ideal, but having to try and force a truculent man-baby into even reading the title? What's the point? Just bypass him and get on with running the country, I guess. So much for democracy....

• Love 7

I have to respectfully disagree with you Danny Franks.  Deep state doesn't want a hands on president that will question their moves.  They just want a president that will sign off on their wars. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you Danny Franks.  Deep state doesn't want a hands on president that will question their moves.  They just want a president that will sign off on their wars. 

But almost no one who has been appointed to any of these positions has any experience in the areas over which they're now in charge.  Or if they do--Sessions, Flynn--their beliefs are so perverted.

Can't someone at least near the top of the pyramid figure out they might want to be informed when the water stirs and starts moving in a circular direction around the drain?

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Macbeth said:

But even to sign off on wars, he has to actually meet with them and give blanket approval to whatever they ask. If he's not doing that because it's more boring than playing The Apprentice with his cabinet, they'll run out of patience pretty quickly.

He's also said he favours a non-interventionist approach to foreign policy, and isn't interested in nation-building. So they can't even take his disinterest as tacit approval. I'm sure he'll change his mind on that if Assad or Kim Jong-Un or Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow (real person) call him a name on twitter, though. So maybe that will be the next big black op for the US - encourage a dictator to say Trump's small hands directly correlate to the size of his penis. That'll do the trick.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 3

Unfortunately Danny Franks you can't believe anything coming out of Trumps mouth, and since he appointed Flynn as National Security Advisor who believes Sharia law if spreading across the land - not a rational individual - who is willing to believe any conspiracy....

9 minutes ago, candall said:

But almost no one who has been appointed to any of these positions has any experience in the areas over which they're now in charge.  Or if they do--Sessions, Flynn--their beliefs are so perverted.

Can't someone at least near the top of the pyramid figure out they might want to be informed when the water stirs and starts moving in a circular direction around the drain?

Candall - I don't think anyone is in charge.    This article about the lack of oversight regarding our training of foreign soldiers and police  is frightening.  https://theintercept.com/2016/07/13/training/

• Love 1
2 hours ago, candall said:

Umm . . . wow!  Three hours later, another $200,000. 

I guess I'll put my money where my mouth is and donate some bucks towards taking those Wisconsin computers apart.

The site says there's no guarantee a recount will be permitted, but if the filing fee and the deadline are met, I don't see why not--the Stein campaign would certainly seem to have standing, as opposed to "Malcontents United."

Wouldn't it be ironic if Jill Stein turned out to be the vehicle that mowed down DT?

I wonder if Hillary's camp has more to do with this than they're letting on? Probably.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing Trump and his cronies out on their ears and Hillary waltzing into the White House.

$2.8 million as of now....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, inkworks said:

I wonder if Hillary's camp has more to do with this than they're letting on? Probably.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing Drumpf and his cronies out on their ears and Hillary waltzing into the White House.

$2.8 million as of now....

I'm not sure. I kind of feel like Hillary is probably done with all this, now. I think that a lot of losing presidential candidates quickly manage to disengage from the process, and feel the relief of having no pressure on them at all. And for Hillary, with all those years of witch-hunts and demonisation from the right, it must feel even better to just be out of it all.

But if she is involved, it's a very smart tactic to get someone else to request the recounts. Especially while Trump has that special prosecutor card in his back pocket. He's being magnanimous about it at the moment, because he won and because even he probably knows they'd never find anything, but if he gets pissed off, or needs to shore up his base, I'm sure he'd start yammering on about 'crooked Hillary' again.

Oh, and it's at $3.05million now.

• Love 6