Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Where Is Josh's Friend?

Rebecca can gaslight like a pro.

I'll miss the original intro, but the new one is creative.

Josh is a sub, apparently.  Actually, that's not really surprising.

Seems like Greg has had a productive off-season.

The opening "Lemonade" parody was fine, but SNL did the same thing last week, and I preferred theirs.

I was figuring based on Paula's comment about how she can't just write reports and Rebecca praising her contract work that she'd end up applying to law school.  The absurd glut of would-be lawyers in the USA right now would normally lead me to caution her against that, but seeing as she already works at a law firm she has a bit of an inside track in that regard.

• Love 3

Speaking of spending every cent of their budget... I think they used every secondary and most tertiary characters this week. Usually sensible budget management decrees that if you want this character this week, then you have to do without another. But we not only had White Josh and Mrs. Hernandez this week (they're practically regulars), but Chris, Scott, Mrs. Chan, Mr. Serrano, the Aloha Tech manager, the bar manager, the offscreen voice of a Proctor son, and lots of Hector.

I agree with the PTV article that they definitely know where they're going with the show, and it's not with any simplistic ideas involving ships or endgames. After all the stories I imagined to open Season 2, this was better. 

I'm glad Josh is getting to sing more too. Now we need a solo for the other Josh sometime.

Edited by Rinaldo
  • Love 2

This show was hit or miss for me last season, and I really didn't like how it ended... so I was considering not even watching the premiere.  I thought I removed it from my DVR, but noticed it was recording... so I watched it.  This episode was so much better than I thought it would be.  I really like how they handled the aftermath of what happened at the wedding, and Paula trying to address her own addiction to Rebecca's crazy.  I loved the contract scene, how Rebecca manipulated Josh in the car, Greg at AA, Josh's bubble-wrap bed and pillow, and so many other scenes and moments.  The songs were great too.

"Darryl is now played by a broom on a stand."  Cut to a broom with a mustache.  So funny!

Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in! ;)

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 2

That was indeed a wonderful line for Hector. I think my biggest laugh was this exchange:

Paula: "It's like I need a harness!... oh by the way that came in the mail today."

Scott: "God I love Amazon Prime."

• Love 1

So happy this is back in my life on a weekly basis! I think what charmed me most was Paula's newfound resolve and her cute relationship with her husband. I'm so happy that her needing something else to fulfill her is law school and not leaving him. 

And yay for Greg with a little self-actualization there. Would still (especially now) like him to steer far clear of Rebecca.

I think the show does a really smart job of balancing the flaws and strengths of each character to a real advantage. Rebecca gaslighting Josh was pretty terrible, but him basically using her for sex but otherwise being totally standoffish kind of balanced that out for me. 

• Love 6

When her name came up in the credits, I wondered if it was the same person, and check of her twitter feed confirmed it--the dancer who got blown up in the epilogue (hilarious!) was the show's Emmy-winning choreographer, Kathryn Burns.

• Love 6

I love this show so much, I totally accepted the product placement and felt grateful to the sponsors.

ETA: I also found the substituting of "duck" for the forbidden word actually worked for me because it made me laugh. I don't know if that's because it reminded me of "The Good Place" or if it's because I trust the show to do something like that partly as a way to mock the way movies often dub in ridiculously sanitized words when they wind up airing on TV, but it just worked for me instead of annoying me, for whatever reason.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I also found the substituting of "duck" for the forbidden word actually worked for me because it made me laugh.

It worked for me because quite a few of us have had the experience of having "fuck" autocorrected to something not that.

There are a lot of shows that say they want to subert the romcom trope but I think this is the only one I've seen that does it in fulfilling ways that don't make me mad.  Sure we could argue Greg v. Josh for Rebecca but over and over they highlight that this woman isn't in a place to have a healthy romantic relationship.

2 hours ago, taragel said:

Rebecca gaslighting Josh was pretty terrible, but him basically using her for sex but otherwise being totally standoffish kind of balanced that out for me. 

Except him "using" her for sex but otherwise keeping a distance was a direct result of her gaslighting. 

I'm intrigued by Greg and Paula seemingly taking healthier steps in their lives, although I hope we get more explanation for Greg's disappearance.  It seems as if he realized he was an alcoholic only after being forced to attend these meetings.  The meetings appear to be in West Covina.  So why would he decide to just not see anyone in his old life? 

3 hours ago, Rinaldo said:

Scott: "God I love Amazon Prime."

I love how Amazon Prime became the default store of choice for sex toys. 

7 hours ago, srpturtle80 said:

Not sure why, but the line that made me laugh the hardest, was: "That's because they don't sell crustless bread at the supermarket, bitch." LOL!

Was that a directive from the CW or was it just a coincidence that The Vampire Diaries also mentioned crustless sandwiches?

I was a little skeptic going into season 2 since season 1 was such pitch perfect. Boy was I wrong. This show continues to be the best comedy on tv right now. I love the direction Josh is going and Greg also. He seems to be doing what's right. God I love this show so much. The musical numbers just keeps getting better and better. Rachel Bloom and her writers are freaking Geniuses!!! 

• Love 1

Yay!  The show is back!  (And I only picked it up on Netflix in September - I feel for those of you who watched season 1 live.)  It was everything it should be:  a shiny, sparkly disaster featuring really endearing but damaged people either self-sabotaging or taking hard first steps to better their lives.  Plus music!  (And dream sequences - the imaginary dancer's existential crisis in the tag was perfect.)

I liked the theme of addiction.  Greg and Paula are both starting to work on theirs, with Greg coming to realize the value of the court-mandated AA for his alcohol problem, and Paula both looking for healthier alternatives to replace that rush of helping Rebecca with her schemes and laying down the law with Rebecca/asking her to be supportive of Paula's needs.  Meanwhile, Rebecca and Josh both had a brief moment of clarity but ultimately gave back into their addictions.  Rebecca's, obviously, is this idea of a perfect insta-love with Josh that will "fix" her, and I'd say Josh's is maybe taking the path of least resistance?  This isn't the first time he's talked himself into staying in a situation that's clearly Bad Idea Jeans because it was easier than facing the unknown of breaking that cycle.  It makes sense for those two to be the ones who are still in denial while Greg and Paula are starting to be more proactive.

All of Josh's love kernels were great (I loved Rebecca deciding to claim "where's my phone?"), and the sight gag of Darryl as a broom with a mustache was perfect.  And in the other song, I cracked up at the line about them being like robbers pulling one last heist.

Enjoyed seeing Darryl and White Josh being cute - always welcome, guys.

Josh's Greg dream was fun and random (especially Greg's line that Rebecca's friend Emory is never getting her sweatshirt back,) and his panicked rambling that ended in "...Jesus, and birds of prey!" was awesome.  I also cracked up hard at Rebecca telling Paula she was "cervix-deep" in the plan to find Greg and Rebecca arguing with Greg's dad about how it was weird to add your own red peppers to plain hummus.

• Love 9

Gosh I really wondered if they would be able to make this show work for a season 2 but I actually think that was quite good. Died laughing at Love Kernels.  The gag of Darryl did make me laugh but I worried that he really was gone so it was great to see him at the end. 

I just find Josh and Rebecca (and everyone) so relatable. But I know so many guys that can't really say no to crazy women. And I know a lot of crazy lawyers. :)

• Love 2

Oh I am so happy that this show is back! *wipes eye* its been so long!

That was a great start to the season, just as good as last year. I like the new theme song, but I miss the old one already. But I guess it really does not fit the show anymore. 

I was thrilled to see Paula and her husband are still doing well. I loved them connecting last season, and was disappointed that we never saw much follow up, so I was really happy to see them again. I figured Paula was going to apply to law school, and since I`m sure Darryl will give her a job, it seems like a solid move for her. 

"Darryl is now played by a broom on a stand" then cut to a broom with a big mustache sitting at Darryl's desk. Laughed so hard. Probably my favorite joke, followed by pretty much anything said by Hector. Also, Darryl and White Josh continue to be adorable. 

• Love 1

I'm so happy it's back! i cringed so much. I hope the next episodes have more songs to dull the effect of how delusional and self-centered Rebecca is. Cause yikes!

What a great premiere. Go, Paula! Greg was right. Rebecca and Josh are terrible people.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, hogwash said:

I'm so happy it's back! i cringed so much. I hope the next episodes have more songs to dull the effect of how delusional and self-centered Rebecca is. Cause yikes!

What a great premiere. Go, Paula! Greg was right. Rebecca and Josh are terrible people.

They certainly are man. Jesus Lord, but it's so funny though.

• Love 1

Rachel Bloom's comment on the end of Season 1 (in the iTunes commentary track, I think) was that Rebecca and Josh have finally hooked up, but where does that leave them? because "they're both children." And we see that in this episode: we already knew a lot about Rebecca in that respect, but here we see how Josh (in the style of many young folks in their 20s now) has never had to learn how to live as an adult. Doing his favorite teenage stuff forever, and being unthinkingly "nice" to others (which he does have a gift for, to his credit -- he makes others feel good without being calculating about it)... that takes him only so far. It'll be an interesting season.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Rinaldo said:

I'm glad Josh is getting to sing more too.

He sounded very AutoTuned/processed to me.

I'm glad Paula and Scott's marriage is back on track. I'd have hated it to fall apart because of Paula's involvement in Rebecca's crazy. And I love that Scott was so supportive about knowing she'd find her bliss, as it were.

10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I hope we get more explanation for Greg's disappearance.  It seems as if he realized he was an alcoholic only after being forced to attend these meetings.  The meetings appear to be in West Covina.  So why would he decide to just not see anyone in his old life? 

Because people in his old life could be triggers for drinking again. He needs to break the patterns and associations that helped lead to his drinking. 

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

All of Hector's lines about living with his mom were great. "I don't live with my mom. I live with my best friend!"

I love how completely unembarrassed he was about that.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He sounded very AutoTuned/processed to me.

Me too and I found myself wondering if that were an intentional choice for the style of the song or not. It did sound very processed, and yet somehow not quite processed enough for it to be completely clear that was a stylistic choice rather than "help". It was in a weird limbo for me. But he's been in plenty of musicals so even though we don't get to hear him sing like, oh say, Donna Lynne Champlin, he must be a decent singer. But most of the songs he's had were very contemporary and thus not the kind to super show off vocal skills. I donno.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Because people in his old life could be triggers for drinking again. He needs to break the patterns and associations that helped lead to his drinking. 

And that would make sense if he realized right away that he was an alcoholic.  But, if he's to be believed in this episode, it took a while.  If he didn't think he was an alcoholic, I think he'd still be in touch with people.

I missed the Darryl broom joke.  Argh.  When was it? 

Hector was hilarious. And he had the best line in the preview for next week too.  (OR at least I think it was him.)

5 hours ago, PodcastTown said:

We should have a double dates with our moms,hahahhahah! 

Did anyone think he was suggesting the moms date each other?

This episode exceeded all my expectations, which were already pretty high.

How long do you get to disappear, and not respond to any attempts at communication, before your significant other gets to move on and think you broke up with her? If Greg wants or needs to take time out, that's fine, but a reasonable person would become at minimum concerned, and more likely alarmed, if you lie to her about where you are, and refuse all efforts to get in touch.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Except him "using" her for sex but otherwise keeping a distance was a direct result of her gaslighting. 

I didn't get that vibe at all. His convo with Hector was about the sex being great but Rebecca being too crazy to have more with. I don't think that was because of that brief moment in the car. I'm sure subliminally he hasn't forgotten her "I moved here for you/our love story can start now." Plus, it might not be nice behavior, but it's sort of an interesting twist to see a GUY getting negged or gaslit by a GIRL, for once. 

3 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Me too and I found myself wondering if that were an intentional choice for the style of the song or not. It did sound very processed, and yet somehow not quite processed enough for it to be completely clear that was a stylistic choice rather than "help". It was in a weird limbo for me. But he's been in plenty of musicals so even though we don't get to hear him sing like, oh say, Donna Lynne Champlin, he must be a decent singer. But most of the songs he's had were very contemporary and thus not the kind to super show off vocal skills. I donno.

I wondered about that too. His part also sounded a little bit electronica to me, and his previous songs have been in that same sort of wheelhouse so I wonder if that's the style they're choosing for Josh in general. I would be sorta surprised if we ever got a big Broadway-style number from him. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I missed the Darryl broom joke.  Argh.  When was it? 

If I remember correctly it was when Rebecca was singing in that the production number took up all the budget.(the one where she played the cactus,etc) So they had to have Darryl as a broomstick with a mustache. OMG,that was so funny.

I think my favorite moment was probably Rachel Bloom in a hamster costume singing "Slurp, slurp".

Loved that but it was soooo short. If you blinked you missed that one.  I remember seeing that part in the trailer but didn't have any idea she was supposed to be a hamster!

Still awesome.

Still shipping Rebecca and Greg like whoa. I mean, it's so sad. I love the show and I totally 100% get it, it's not about guys and not about shipping, I just can't help myself. That scene when she watches him at an AA meeting was just so gripping. Aw...

Also aww: Paula applying for law school. As somebody who wasted years of my life on a failed relationships (well, Paula's not failed... yet... but let's not kid ourselves, it's getting there anyway) and only now starting to work full-time and realize the joys of having an actual career, it's something I empathized with a lot.

P.S. Interesting that despite all the focus on Josh and Rebecca, her scenes with Paula and Greg ended up the most earnest and moving (YMMV). That said, they would probably make for great friends... eventually.

P.S.S. White Josh and Darryl are the sweetest. Still, I'm expecting for the hammer to fall. This is not the show for sickening sweethearts, and reality's bound to kick in eventually.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

I didn't get that vibe at all [that Josh is using Rebecca for sex]. His convo with Hector was about the sex being great but Rebecca being too crazy to have more with. I don't think that was because of that brief moment in the car. I'm sure subliminally he hasn't forgotten her "I moved here for you/our love story can start now." Plus, it might not be nice behavior, but it's sort of an interesting twist to see a GUY getting negged or gaslit by a GIRL, for once. 

Agreed.  The vibe I get is that Josh likes Rebecca and does want to have a thing with her but doesn't want to go too fast - which, considering the "I moved here for you" thing and the fact that he just got out of a serious relationship, is smart.  However, he doesn't have a place to live and accepted what I assume was Rebecca's very-enthusiastic offer to stay at her place.  So he's in this weird situation where he feels his only option is to stay with her but is still trying to take things slow with their relationship.  Super-bad idea, and he's NOT handling it well, but for me, him using her is about allowing things between them to get more complicated by living at her place, not the sex.

I wondered about that too. His part also sounded a little bit electronica to me, and his previous songs have been in that same sort of wheelhouse so I wonder if that's the style they're choosing for Josh in general. I would be sorta surprised if we ever got a big Broadway-style number from him. 

I'm guessing it's a stylistic choice, too.  Vincent sounded gorgeous on "West Covina (Reprise)", so I don't think the auto-tuning is out of necessity.

Is Rebecca crazy or is the name of the show suppose to be jokey and ironic?

Is she crazy because of this almost monomaniacal crush on a guy from her childhood?

Or regularly expresses emotions in song and dance?

Do viewers get drawn in by the exuberance and inventiveness of the songs and overlook the "crazy" behavior?

Is this different from Fatal Attraction?  Rebecca won't resort to violence or force herself despite being rebuffed but is she being as obsessive, just with more quirkiness and cute songs?

Is Rebecca crazy or is the name of the show suppose to be jokey and ironic?

Um...both?

She certainly has mental health problems, and the show acknowledges this, let's put it this way.

Is she crazy because of this almost monomaniacal crush on a guy from her childhood?

Or regularly expresses emotions in song and dance?

It's the opposite. These things are symptoms, the reasons are much more complicated (and probably not 100% clear, like it often is with real-life mental health issues).

Is this different from Fatal Attraction?  Rebecca won't resort to violence or force herself despite being rebuffed but is she being as obsessive, just with more quirkiness and cute songs?

This may very well be one of the points, yes. Rachel Bloom didn't call Rebecca a "bubbly Walter White" for nothing. But I do think that, no matter her problems, she's never going to descend into boiling bunnies.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

I know, even as I'm enjoying it, that Rebecca's gaslighting of Josh is very wrong. But it's still funny.

Yeah, I don't see how Rebecca and Josh can be together long term. They're both a bit childish and it gets worse when they're together. For some reason, they were good for each other apart (they were both encouraging and supportive and made each other feel good) but being together amplifies some of their worst qualities. Another issue is this season and last season I think when we see too much of Josh it becomes more apparent that Vincent isn't the strongest actor.

The ingenue song was kind of cute. It was a little jarring but short so I'll let that go.

I missed this show. I love the way they tackle things like people confusing sex with love in relationships and make it feel natural. 

The desert poem/spoken word intro was so good. The following song was good in theory but I don't think it fit her voice that well (or as well as other songs have) and the song wasn't as good of a stand alone. The imagery was great though.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed in the songs this episode.  I think partly it's because they were (apparently?) take offs on music videos rather than musicals and that's not really my lane.  

Also: I think Greg is my favorite character, and even though he was an important topic of conversation for this episode, we didn't see enough of him for me. The other thing is (and I try to ignore reality for this particular show, but...) court-ordered AA for a DUI? And 30 days of meetings somehow also prevents Greg from working? Or leaving the house except to go to the meetings? I can understand if he quit the job at the bar, but there's been an underlying implication that Greg (and his father) aren't well off enough to just stop working for a month and that's cool.  I can hand wave it, I guess, as the season opener to set up this season's storylines, but we need to move past it, and fast, because there's too many holes there.

• Love 3

They didn't explicitly say it, but I wonder if he gave work the same story he gave Rebecca, and just for time reasons when she was looking for him they said they didn't know, but really the implication was if she's saying no he's not with his mom, then they don't know.

I also don't think the cutoff from everyone was necessarily an "avoid all triggers" thing. It might've also just been that he really had a realization, and didn't want to be around anyone but his dad, and/or he also didn't want to have to explain where he was going when he went to the meetings, and didn't want to tell anyone about his arrest, so he just cut himself off because he felt like it would help him get on the right track.

That said, the speech in the meeting in this episode sort of made it sound like his personal awakening just happening that day or in the past few days...which may have just been necessitated by this is when we see him and exposition and whatnot, but if he were grudgingly doing it and only now really accepting responsibility for his actions in his head, then the month of solitude makes less sense.

• Love 1

Did Greg mention if his license was suspended or if he was in house arrest? If it was either of those, he may have done the month of solitude out of shame.

I'm excited to see what comes next. I miss the original theme song, but hopefully this one will prove to be just as catchy. I think what will be the most compelling this season is watching Rebecca come to terms with the fact that being with Josh isn't enough. I can't imagine that he'll ever love her as much as she hopes. 

I've nothing against Beyonce, truly, but I'm the person who hasn't watched Lemonade yet.  It's become pretty pervasive though, as I feel like I've watched more than one parody already.  Weird sensation, recognizing "Oh yeah, that's a parody of that super-famous thing we haven't seen yet...." and that's because of the other SNL parody for Melania.  Still, it was fun and a really fresh idea, if only SNL hadn't beaten them to the punch rather substantially.  Doesn't matter because that broom gag was one of the funniest things ever.  Go for the unexpected in comedy and that certainly achieved exactly that.  

Then, quite literally, my husband laughed so hard at Rachel Bloom in that hamster costume, he slid off the couch, onto the floor, where he was laughing helplessly for a good two minutes.  

Great to have the show back and hinting at the saving grace for all of these complicated, conflicted people with issues: they all have a core of decency even if it takes Herculean efforts for them to find it, at times.  I remembered why I like Rebecca when Paula told her she could only be an advisor and whereas, clearly, not what Rebecca wanted to hear, she also didn't do anything to try and dissuade Paula.  At the very core of it all, Rebecca does care about Paula as a person.  She isn't just using her.  

If Josh hadn't also been turned on by the forbidden nature of their sexual relationship as soon as it was acknowledged that it would be terrible for Greg, who was in a very fragile place, Rebecca would have likely stopped boning Josh. Even  though she has issues upon more issues when it comes to her mental well being, and her view of romantic relationships, she actually cares about other people. 

Fun start to the season.  I'm really glad they continued to pursue Paula's storyline with her husband and that one of the ways they've dealt with the obvious problem in Paula's life, she needs something more fulfilling in her life, is to deal with that head-on:  better sex life, and she's pursuing something that will involve intellectual engagement without being a destructive influence elsewhere.  

I'm just solidly not a shipper on this show.  I don't think the show is ultimately telling a story about romance but instead just a fun, song-filled look at the last stages of growing up, realizing who you are even with faults and figuring out what to do with that.  Oddly enough, Josh is my least favorite character and I think that's likely intentional.  He's kind, but to borrow the old phrase, there's not a lot of there, there.   He's a nice looking guy who really isn't any more complicated than he appears on the surface.  

I think Greg's story has a ton of promise. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Eeksquire said:

Yeah, I was a little disappointed in the songs this episode.  I think partly it's because they were (apparently?) take offs on music videos rather than musicals and that's not really my lane.  

Also: I think Greg is my favorite character, and even though he was an important topic of conversation for this episode, we didn't see enough of him for me. The other thing is (and I try to ignore reality for this particular show, but...) court-ordered AA for a DUI? And 30 days of meetings somehow also prevents Greg from working? Or leaving the house except to go to the meetings? I can understand if he quit the job at the bar, but there's been an underlying implication that Greg (and his father) aren't well off enough to just stop working for a month and that's cool.  I can hand wave it, I guess, as the season opener to set up this season's storylines, but we need to move past it, and fast, because there's too many holes there.

That pretty much sums up how I felt as well. I absolutely adore Greg, so I felt like his disappearance took me out of the story. Once they reintroduced him, I started getting back into the story again. As for the court-ordered AA, that's also been a storyline on this season of Masters of Sex. I don't know if it's actually a thing, but it's definitely a thing in the TV world. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MaiSoCalled said:

Did Greg mention if his license was suspended or if he was in house arrest? If it was either of those, he may have done the month of solitude out of shame.

He didn't mention his license being suspended but I think it's safe to assume it must have been. The house arrest is more iffy. It's more likely if he had jailtime, for a first offense and if no one were injured and no property damaged, he could've theoretically been in actual jail for a handful of days and been done (with the counseling/meetings/etc also required). The license suspension would be immediate, but it's weird to me he'd even have a sentence that quickly? Courts are all backed up. Then again, if the potential sentence were something that short...it might just go directly to a plea or something so maybe he was basically in the drunk tank for four days immediately following the incident...

21 hours ago, FurryFury said:

It's the opposite. These things are symptoms, the reasons are much more complicated (and probably not 100% clear, like it often is with real-life mental health issues).

Reminds me of the original theme song where she says "It's a lot more nuanced than that."

I liked the reveal of Greg being an alcoholic.  I don't know if I am just dim but I never caught it at all.  So seeing the flash backs to all the times he was drinking was great.  Felt like a real life reveal rather than a tv show thing where they had been consciously telegraphing it all last season.

Daryl and White Josh are cute.  I love that they sit on the same side of the table in the restaurant.

Good first ep.

On 10/21/2016 at 9:05 PM, SeanC said:

The opening "Lemonade" parody was fine, but SNL did the same thing last week, and I preferred theirs.

I'm going to have to accept the fact that I'm not going to get half the musical parodies on this show because I don't listen to current pop music. I did find broom Darryl funny though. Like that Donna is trying to move away from her obsession with Rebecca's love life and that her and the hubby seem to be getting along. Hope we get to see more Heather this season, she's my favorite.

Edited by festivus
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

I liked the reveal of Greg being an alcoholic.  I don't know if I am just dim but I never caught it at all.  So seeing the flash backs to all the times he was drinking was great.  Felt like a real life reveal rather than a tv show thing where they had been consciously telegraphing it all last season.

This actually felt uncomfortably realistic to me. I can't tell you how many friends I've seen who seemed like the life of the party when we were younger, but then as we grew older their drinking became less of a fun, social thing and more of a problem. That is EXACTLY how it happens. I wonder how much the show is going to explore it with Greg and how much being sober will change him. 

• Love 3

I laughed so hard at the new "Daryl" and his googly eyes.

Donna Lynne is great. I hope that was an ad for amazon prime.

Ha, the return of Rebecca's "real" singing voice. And an amazon prime callback. Amazing.

Santino's great but my favorite part of Greg's return was the "ka-kaw!"

Fantastic take on the one-sided phone call with Greg's mom.

I think my favorite moment was probably Rachel Bloom in a hamster costume singing "Slurp, slurp". 

I needed more. I hope it wasn't just a rental. If they bought or made the costume, it could always make a return.

I'm guessing it's a stylistic choice, too.  Vincent sounded gorgeous on "West Covina (Reprise)", so I don't think the auto-tuning is out of necessity.

I forgot about that. I feel like with him being a tenor, the processing of his voice is not helping. It didn't bother me that much when I was watching it (at least in the earlier seasons) but I think it's the same complaint people had with Glee. It's taking theatre voices and flattening them out and removing the character.

3 hours ago, aradia22 said:

CEx was strangely in sync with SNL. Not just the Lemonade thing, but last week SNL did a sketch where hamsters enacted Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

7 hours ago, Kareny said:

I wonder how much the show is going to explore it with Greg and how much being sober will change him. 

I am trying to picture what Greg would be like if he's not angry anymore, like he said at his meeting. Would he be more like Josh? Did he used to be like Josh, and that's why the two of them became friends? And then he got all bitter and angry like Valencia....