Type keyword(s) to search

Project Runway In the Media

• Start Topic

Starting this topic to mention (late) that Irinia's winning design for Marge Simposon's dinner date dress was shown on this past Sunday's episode of The Simpsons (April 6th- Luca$).  It was rather sweet and the way it was worked in caught me by surprise.  Suffice it to say it was the pretty much the kind of "fancy" date you could expect Homer and Marge to have.

Tim & Heidi are going to be on the Rachel Ray show Tuesday morning, 7/29/14.  No idea where else to put this, since we don't have a "In the Media" thread for PR.

We do! It was on page 2 :)

ETA that was an unfortunate rhyme.

• Love 2

Does anyone know where I could watch previous seasons? Maybe as far back as the first season? I only started watching PR 4 seasons ago, and I can already see the downward slide. I love the idea of the show, but the "designers" they get are more and more untalented every year, with this years "designers" being absolutely horrendous. There is not one thing that any one of them has made this entire season that I would wear, with the exception of Emily's "Ewok hoodie".

Unfortunately, the final 4 will be Kini, Sean, Amanda, and the disgusting Korrina. I think that Kini will win, although if Korrina wins, I'm auf.

Does anyone know where I could watch previous seasons? Maybe as far back as the first season? I only started watching PR 4 seasons ago, and I can already see the downward slide. I love the idea of the show, but the "designers" they get are more and more untalented every year, with this years "designers" being absolutely horrendous. There is not one thing that any one of them has made this entire season that I would wear, with the exception of Emily's "Ewok hoodie".

Unfortunately, the final 4 will be Kini, Sean, Amanda, and the disgusting Korrina. I think that Kini will win, although if Korrina wins, I'm auf.

I think the Lifetime website has previous seasons, and I know you can buy some seasons on YouTube

I have heard nothing about it, but I'm worried it will be like that horrible Project Runway for accessories.

that show was just odd.

Project Runway:Threads

I just hope they are honest in their criticism and not take the "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings" route that other kids shows do.  (I'm looking at you, Rachael vs. Guy Kids Cookoff and Masterchef Junior)

have heard nothing about it, but I'm worried it will be like that horrible Project Runway for accessories.

I think that bomb was called Project Accessory.

Edited by nottopbravo

Anyone catch last night's promo for "Threads"?  Is this a Project Runway for kids?

Christ I HATE HATE HATE children's talent shows.  I even skip through all the kids on America's Got Talent and wish they wouldn't let them on the show.  It just is putting little kids in the worst kind of fishbowl imaginable - it's hard to say whether it's worse for them if they really do have talent or if they don't. I actually watched Project Accessory but this is one I'm gonna skip.

• Love 3

Christ I HATE HATE HATE children's talent shows.

I agree! Wouldn't go near this show in a million years. At least a few of these kids will probably be "professional" children with years of dance and acting classes, patented cutesy looks and Broadway smiles.

I agree! Wouldn't go near this show in a million years. At least a few of these kids will probably be "professional" children with years of dance and acting classes, patented cutesy looks and Broadway smiles.

I might give it a try. I have a soft spot for Rev. Run's family.

I just hope they are honest in their criticism and not take the "I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings" route that other kids shows do.

I hate that.  I hate it when they do it to adults too.  The judges' job is to judge, not to coddle and soothe someone's feelings.  I hope the kids get honest feedback, if they just lob fuzzy softballs at them I'm done.

• Love 1

I don't know if this is strictly speaking PR meta, but this (youtube) is what I think creativity and futurism and thinking outside the box looks like (and look ma, no dangling metallic debris).

Edited by Julia

So is Kate an actual fashion designer or is she just a recurrent PR contestant?

Oh. Nigel Barker is a guest judge. <3

He is so cute!  Kate is on PR so much, I'm not sure what she would know what to do in the real work world without constant conflict.

• Love 1

That adds to the need to ask the question: why waste yet more time on this shipwreck? One would think that business would keep her more than busy.

That's what I'm not understanding. If she's a working designer, then why is she wasting time on PR?

Personality-wise Kate didn't bother me much, but three times? C'mon.

• Love 3

That's what I'm not understanding. If she's a working designer, then why is she wasting time on PR?

Personality-wise Kate didn't bother me much, but three times? C'mon.

I think thats the thing, Kate has been on the show quite a bit, and her initial time wasn't that long ago.  I mean if I saw a designer from season 2, then I saw them again on season 7 or 8, and then on All Stars now I wouldn't even question it as much, but her season wasn't that long ago.  Kate made some pretty things but nothing that made me say "man, I sure hope they bring Kate back, I really want to see all her clothing!"  whereas, I would truly say that about Seth Aaron.  I don't think he has a great personality, but IMO his clothes are just so cool.

• Love 2

I think thats the thing, Kate has been on the show quite a bit, and her initial time wasn't that long ago. I mean if I saw a designer from season 2, then I saw them again on season 7 or 8, and then on All Stars now I wouldn't even question it as much, but her season wasn't that long ago. Kate made some pretty things but nothing that made me say "man, I sure hope they bring Kate back, I really want to see all her clothing!" whereas, I would truly say that about Seth Aaron. I don't think he has a great personality, but IMO his clothes are just so cool.

I agree. A designer who returns from an earlier season for a second chance makes sense to me.

Seth's personality is goofy, but I like his clothes.

• Love 1

I agree. A designer who returns from an earlier season for a second chance makes sense to me.

Seth's personality is goofy, but I like his clothes.

I love his clothes.  His "girl" is the girl I just like to look at, because she is just so interesting, rock n' roll, edgy and pretty.  He never needs to tell me where his girl is going to, coming from,  I know it has something to do with the Rolling Stones, or the rock scene in London.  She might even be fronting a band.   His "girl" fascinates me because she is my polar opposite, but her life looks like she lives it fast, and it might end early, or it might end in her writing a book about all her adventures.

• Love 2

I love his clothes. His "girl" is the girl I just like to look at, because she is just so interesting, rock n' roll, edgy and pretty. He never needs to tell me where his girl is going to, coming from, I know it has something to do with the Rolling Stones, or the rock scene in London. She might even be fronting a band. His "girl" fascinates me because she is my polar opposite, but her life looks like she lives it fast, and it might end early, or it might end in her writing a book about all her adventures.

Get out of my head.

I feel the same way when I see his clothes. I would love to wear most of it, but I wouldn't be able to do it any justice. I'm jealous of any woman who can wear the hell out of his clothes.

When I see Seth, his style reminds me of Post Punk/New Wave. Seth kind of makes me think of Morrissey.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

Get out of my head.

I feel the same way when I see his clothes. I would love to wear most of it, but I wouldn't be able to do it any justice. I'm jealous of any woman who can wear the hell out of his clothes.

When I see Seth, his style reminds me of Post Punk/New Wave. Seth kind of makes me think of Morrissey.

Ha ha, I would probably get arrested for crimes against people with vision if I tried to go out in anything he makes.  But, I would just want to know his "girl" if that makes any sense.  Like all of the designers always refer to how their "girl" is someone they want to have lunch with, or know, or befriend.  Seth Aarons "girl" is probably one of the few girls that I would just want to watch and get to know.  And his girl really doesn't need an explanation, like I don't need to be told that she is on a flight from Peru to photograph the street scenes in Istambul or whatever story they came up with.

Yes!  It does have that post punk/new wave feel to it, but it doesn't feel like a costume, or like she was a refugee from a Flock of Seagulls concert.

• Love 4

I guess the whole coronating moderately talented jerks thing wasn't as popular as they expected.

What a shame. There was a time when I really looked forward to this show.

• Love 4

And here we go - August 6th.

There was a time when I really looked forward to this show.

Me too.  I'd eat up T&Lo posts like fruit punch Starbursts, and try and find whatever spoilers I could find...now, not so much other than Fashion Week.  I suppose it may depend on the season, the challenges and the contestants.      

• Love 1