Type keyword(s) to search

Project Runway In the Media

• Start Topic

On 9/9/2016 at 6:31 AM, paramitch said:

'm dying to know which judge this was. I'm kind of suspecting it was Heidi, just because I don't quite think Nina would vote simply to make a statement, while Heidi seemed more enthusiastic about Ashley's mission far more than her clothes. Hmm.

From Nina's last comment on Good Morning America, Nina made a statement about how wonderful it was that they were using all size models.  And how necessary that was.  

THE GMA design challenge above 

23 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Sweet Sixteen season starts August 17!

GMA design challenge

well, let's just say that it's difficult to see that Ashley has matured past ruffles and see through skirts in her design.  Fabio made a wonderful dress. 

That GMA clip has proven yet again (to me) how out of her league Ashley is.  The other two were modern and sophisticated.  Ashley's...looked like a bad, homemade sewing project.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, LizDC said:

This a good move from the show, but I cringe thinking about what the designers' reactions will be. Will we see Ven-level reactions every week? I hope not!

It will also be important for the judges to not let the size of the model influence them. I will be watching out for how often the designer with a size-zero model wins. I also wonder if we will see more switching of models from designers who don't want "normal" size models.

• Love 3

Project Runway received five Emmy nominations:

OUTSTANDING REALITY-COMPETITION PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING HOST FOR A REALITY OR REALITY-COMPETITION PROGRAM - Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn

OUTSTANDING PICTURE EDITING FOR A STRUCTURED OR COMPETITION REALITY PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING PICTURE EDITING FOR A STRUCTURED OR COMPETITION REALITY PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING CASTING FOR A REALITY PROGRAM

• Love 2

No sign of Tim?

Aww, I came to this thread just to see if the new season was starting soon because I saw Tim mentioned in another thread and got to thinking how much I've missed him.

On 7/14/2017 at 11:22 AM, Qoass said:

No sign of Tim?

Aww, I came to this thread just to see if the new season was starting soon because I saw Tim mentioned in another thread and got to thinking how much I've missed him.

No mention in the articles.  Which had me wondering if his interview this past spring had gotten him into 'hot water'.

Then I found a poster (or whatever the internet equivalent is) for this season with Heidi and Tim, photoshopped onto a hazy NY street.

• Love 1

I'm guessing the "plus" sized models are for the "Real Woman" challenge, instead of relatives or people off the streets. Otherwise, yeah, they're going to have to rotate and switch up the models whilst designers complain about fitting someone with breasts and hips. And the designers with size 00 models will win the whatever the challenge is.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I'm guessing the "plus" sized models are for the "Real Woman" challenge, instead of relatives or people off the streets. Otherwise, yeah, they're going to have to rotate and switch up the models whilst designers complain about fitting someone with breasts and hips. And the designers with size 00 models will win the whatever the challenge is.

I think the idea of rotating the models is a great idea.  Maybe I'd like it better if all the models were at least a size 10. I'd like to see some clothes that can be worn with a bra.

Can't remember which magazine, possibly Martha Stewart Living, had a guest column on gift giving by Simone LeBlanc.  The name rang a bell, I looked up the name, and she was the first person eliminated in season 4.  Now she is in the executive gift giving business, like baskets filled with soaps that cost $250.

On 7/17/2017 at 1:41 PM, chitowngirl said:

I'm guessing the "plus" sized models are for the "Real Woman" challenge, instead of relatives or people off the streets. 

Not according to the link above. It says that they are being used all season instead of just for a single challenge. 

• Love 2

Then I found a poster (or whatever the internet equivalent is) for this season with Heidi and Tim, photoshopped onto a hazy NY street.

I saw a commercial for the new season yesterday. They were dancing in the NY streets - Heidi, Tim, Zac, Nina, all of them. Zac was just kind of posin' (See what I did there?). Nina's dancing was brief, but awkward. Heidi did a lot of twirling in a yellow gown. It was special.

• Love 2
On 7/14/2017 at 7:52 AM, Lamb18 said:

It looks like there are sisters in the cast. I think they're the ones in green and blue sitting back to back in the front.

They're twins.  They were on a show called "Twinning" a couple of years ago.  It was a show where several sets of twins competed against each other - the twins were split up into two different houses - and some Big Brother-like shenanigans ensued.  I believe they actually won.   I think I watch too many reality shows.  

• Love 3

Wow, a new season is already starting, so they've really just skipped over 'All Stars' this year even though the press announcement said it had been renewed for multiple seasons.  All Stars is really bad so I'm not upset, just surprised.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Glade said:

Wow, a new season is already starting, so they've really just skipped over 'All Stars' this year even though the press announcement said it had been renewed for multiple seasons.  All Stars is really bad so I'm not upset, just surprised.

Maybe they are running out of people they can call "All Stars."

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Glade said:

All Stars is really bad so I'm not upset, just surprised.

I agree about All Stars. I also hate it when they bring someone back, unless it was the first person auffed.

• Love 1
On 8/1/2017 at 7:12 PM, Koalagirl said:

They're twins.  They were on a show called "Twinning" a couple of years ago.  It was a show where several sets of twins competed against each other - the twins were split up into two different houses - and some Big Brother-like shenanigans ensued.  I believe they actually won.   I think I watch too many reality shows.  

KoalaGirl, thanks for writing all of this out including your final confessional sentence so I can just ditto it!

Here's an article from when they were on Twinning (it confirms your and my vague memory that they won):  The Buitendorps

• Love 1
On 8/7/2017 at 10:31 AM, Jobiska said:

KoalaGirl, thanks for writing all of this out including your final confessional sentence so I can just ditto it!

Here's an article from when they were on Twinning (it confirms your and my vague memory that they won):  The Buitendorps

My realization of my reality show addiction was further compounded when I watched an episode of Hair Goddess and the dreaded twins Ginamarie and Annamarie were on it and I recognized them from the same season of Twinning!!!!! 

• Love 1

If PR hadn't jumped the shark a few years ago, it definitely has with the twins.  Having 2 brothers on Top Chef was bad enough, but twins who already have their own fashion design business?  This reinforces my resolve not to watch.  I rely on you PTVers to keep me on board with the shenanigans.

Having 2 brothers on Top Chef was bad enough, but twins who already have their own fashion design business?  This reinforces my resolve not to watch. 

So you wouldn't be up for them dressing twin models from America's Next Top Model?

17 hours ago, backgroundnoise said:

I'm sure the producers' goal it to have them not speaking to each other by the end of the season.

Much as I've come to dislike so much of this show, I'm still going to watch.  I guess I'm insane.

Saw last night's episode and their design aesthetics are so similar even though they claim to be very different.  Will be interesting to see if they both design exact same thing and how that will all shake out.

• Love 1
On 8/5/2017 at 9:27 PM, Glade said:

I've been wondering the same thing about PRAS, since it was supposedly renewed.  I wouldn't mind it coming back, minus previous winners, even though I love Dimitry.  When you have, in five seasons, three PR winners winning (plus Mondo as the clearly pre-ordained winner to make up for the travesty of Gretchen), it loses the feel of second chance that makes PRAS interesting.

• Love 1

Why are there so many Project Runway shows on each week? On Wednesday there is a "First Look" for the first episode, even though the first episode was last week. On Thursday, in addition to the regular episode, there's the useless "Social Thread" episode, & something called "Project Rewind No. 1" right after it. Why? I watch the regular episode & cancel the recording of all the other shows. What's the purpose?

• Love 5
On 8/21/2017 at 2:57 AM, GaT said:

Why are there so many Project Runway shows on each week? On Wednesday there is a "First Look" for the first episode, even though the first episode was last week. On Thursday, in addition to the regular episode, there's the useless "Social Thread" episode, & something called "Project Rewind No. 1" right after it. Why? I watch the regular episode & cancel the recording of all the other shows. What's the purpose?

But yet they don't repeat the regular episode over the weekend, where they used to do it.  Thursday is a bad night for our DVR (late in the week) and often it's too full to record PR.  I hate watching it on demand and wish I could record it on Saturday morning the way I used to.

• Love 2
On 8/21/2017 at 2:57 AM, GaT said:

What's the purpose?

You take film they've already paid to produce, and you take four or five editors (maybe more, but not the highest paid) and maybe a producer to outline the show, and........work, work,work.......two more hours of air time.....each week.....with no camera crew, no sound crew, no..............  Fill the air time at a relatively low cost.  The Weinsteins and Heidi might approve.

So Leslie Jones from SNL was sporting another Christian Siriano dress at the Emmy's last night.  Obviously that gorgeous red gown he designed for her "Ghostbusters" premiere was just the first for her.  The black number she wore last night was a bit outrageous for me, but she obviously loved it and she got a lot of attention.  

You go Leslie, you non-sample size goddess!  *LOL*

Christian also dressed Padma Lakshmi from "Top Chef".  He made her a gorgeous bright pink skin-tight column dress. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, leighdear said:

So Leslie Jones from SNL was sporting another Christian Siriano dress at the Emmy's last night.  Obviously that gorgeous red gown he designed for her "Ghostbusters" premiere was just the first for her.  The black number she wore last night was a bit outrageous for me, but she obviously loved it and she got a lot of attention.  

You go Leslie, you non-sample size goddess!  *LOL*

Christian also dressed Padma Lakshmi from "Top Chef".  He made her a gorgeous bright pink skin-tight column dress. 

Leslie looked smashing!  Heidi, on the other hand, looked like she'd slept in her gown.  It's time to support the girls, Heidi!

Occasional judge Isaac Mizrahi is working on an additional career as a caberet singer.  Chicago will be listening to him later this week.  The Tribune has a story today (my email subscription doesn't give a non-e-mail link) 

He has titled his show 'Does this song make me look fat?'

• Love 2

Weird. I walked into the break room at work, looked over at the TV and saw four Project Runway contestants (past seasons) in some sort of competition answering sports questions. Mondo and Christopher P were 2; I recognized the other two but can't remember their names. They were in two teams of three (2 other non-PR guys were competing). Mondo was wearing a dumb green hat. This was on Fox around 11:00 am central. This might have been the local Fox station even though none of the 4 Project Runway guys live in my area.  The name "Jason" was plastered all over the place.

9 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Weird. I walked into the break room at work, looked over at the TV and saw four Project Runway contestants (past seasons) in some sort of competition answering sports questions. Mondo and Christopher P were 2; I recognized the other two but can't remember their names. They were in two teams of three (2 other non-PR guys were competing). Mondo was wearing a dumb green hat. This was on Fox around 11:00 am central. This might have been the local Fox station even though none of the 4 Project Runway guys live in my area.  The name "Jason" was plastered all over the place.

This sounds like some sort of weird dream ?

On 06/10/2017 at 9:43 AM, millennium said:

He is (was?) an Executive Producer of Project Runway... I wonder if that will have implications for The Beautiful Georgina Chapman continuing as a judge on the show?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrities-gone-bad/harassment-allegations-could-hurt-harvey-weinsteins-wife-too/news-story/99c71c8f9e236d5e25621badc600c6f7

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

He is (was?) an Executive Producer of Project Runway... I wonder if that will have implications for The Beautiful Georgina Chapman continuing as a judge on the show?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/celebrities-gone-bad/harassment-allegations-could-hurt-harvey-weinsteins-wife-too/news-story/99c71c8f9e236d5e25621badc600c6f7

Ugh.  The whole thing is gross on just about every possible level.    

• Love 8

There were mentions of a contestant stumbling on a binder with the pre-decided winners of each 'week' in it for the (then) current competition.

There is a past contestant with a sex tape who advanced far beyond what some (including me) thought her talent merited. 

Any investigative reporters out there want to look deep into PR?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

There were mentions of a contestant stumbling on a binder with the pre-decided winners of each 'week' in it for the (then) current competition.

There is a past contestant with a sex tape who advanced far beyond what some (including me) thought her talent merited. 

Any investigative reporters out there want to look deep into PR?

The sex tape was pretty hardcore. I was actually kind of shocked by it even though I was born in the 70's. Whatever...

• Love 2