Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: The Big Event

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Hm, I thought Smuggar and Anna were living in the guest house. I guess the rumor is true that Jim Bob bought their family a house. 

New York City? Maybe it's true that the wedding will take place there, though I can't imagine the cost being picked up by TLC.

2 hours ago, CarolMK said:

Hm, I thought Smuggar and Anna were living in the guest house. I guess the rumor is true that Jim Bob bought their family a house. 

New York City? Maybe it's true that the wedding will take place there, though I can't imagine the cost being picked up by TLC.

The NYC trip is to meet his Jersey relatives (I think they also went to PA afterward) and for the rooftop proposal. We're only somewhere in July in show time. 

Jill got the pool house. I guess redecorating the guest house for Jill is more palatable than redecorating the guest house for Smuggar. Plus it's not a good look to show the Dullards living in another McMansion when they're both unemployed and surviving off love offerings. So the farce continues.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

It must be a ton of fun for Janarella to keep decorating and redecorating the love nests for her siblings and parents.

One has to wonder if they've ever done anything for her in their lives. My money is on "nope".

Cue the episode where the family does something nice for Jana to show their appreciation.

Nancy, if you're reading this you better give Missy a shout out in the credits.We'll be watching.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13
45 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

It must be a ton of fun for Janarella to keep decorating and redecorating the love nests for her siblings and parents.

One has to wonder if they've ever done anything for her in their lives. My money is on "nope".

Might be a little better than the endless cleaning of them though. And we know she does that too -- for JB and M's love nest anyway. They're very lucky in the kind of person that they spawned there. Her life would perfectly prime some people to have a Lizzie Borden moment.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

How does Jeremy manage to sound like a kid sucking up to the teacher with every single thing he says? I thought he was just talking that way around JB and Jinger, but he somehow managed to sound like a massive suck up while talking to the camera about getting up early. It just makes him seem so fake!

• Love 9

Gee Ben by the third time, and certainly the 17th time, you mentioned your concern over how many kids were going to show up, I was 100% certain you had a good turn out.

And did the advertising for this camp mention God & prayer? I would have been bothered if I brought my kids to a football camp and one of the drills was being preached to/at.

• Love 7

I managed to make it through about 3 random minutes of this.....so now Jana is being sold as an  "interior decorator" ? I seriously don't think she cooks, cleans, gardens, decorates, sews, child-rears....any of it. It's just Boob's big sell-off of poor spinster Jana. You can just feel the panicky desperation of finding his next season of Duggar Courtin'/ Maybe Without Rules. Tune in to find out....... oops, sorry, there's creepy rules. Boob is probably gunning for JoyAnna next. Gah.

• Love 4

I heard that these "at risk" kids showed up with PARENTS in tow who were able to stay and watch, rather than drop them off and go to work. I guess "at risk" means able to live on one income (probably in a nice house), or be able to take days off work whenever one pleases to support their kids at some hastily thrown together Day Camp For TeeVee. Most camps I know of don't have parents hanging around. 

(I'll get around to watching this after Downton Abbey, so I can FF through all the commercials, segment previews and reviews...I can usually watch an episode this way in about half an hour. Cuts the misery quite a bit.)

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

Many hands make light work. Ain't that the truth, Michelle?

I really do not care for Joy.

My god this family is full of idiots.  I feel 'slightly' bad saying that but not entirely.

You had friends over all the time, Joy? And you played sports? Did you? Did you really?

Ugh.

You know what would have been cool? If girls could have gone to the football camp. 

I do not believe, for one second, that Jinger talks to Jeremy in the morning before she's done her hair or make-up.  There's seriously no way.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 11

So they are calling the pool house the guest house?  Convenient that the door wreath had the initials JD on it, works for JB, the kids and even Jill/Derick.  

I have seen several one day camps around here, including ones sponsored by the university.  I would not be surprised that it was sponsored by their church.  At least Ben was a little more animated at the camp.  

Poor JB going to be without Michelle for a few days.   

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, drafan said:

I managed to make it through about 3 random minutes of this.....so now Jana is being sold as an  "interior decorator" ? I seriously don't think she cooks, cleans, gardens, decorates, sews, child-rears....any of it. It's just Boob's big sell-off of poor spinster Jana. You can just feel the panicky desperation of finding his next season of Duggar Courtin'/ Maybe Without Rules. Tune in to find out....... oops, sorry, there's creepy rules. Boob is probably gunning for JoyAnna next. Gah.

I bet Joy Anna starts before Jana. Something is just off about Jana to me more so than the others. Maybe the prison life is just too overwhelming for her.

Bin is a dim wit, I get it. But not everyone in the world is a genius and they somehow manage to make a life without their fathers in law's financial help and without a TV show. With that said, I REALLY wish Bin would do SOMETHING. He seems to like people and jumps in with them in a way that the Duggar progeny can't -- we saw it with Flame and his wife; the football coaches; the kids at the camp etc. He's got an AA degree. Can't he freaking do 2 more years of college and get a BA and a certification and be a phys ed teacher and/or coach? As I recall from my elementary/middle/high school days, those guys were sporty (in their young ages) and yet they weren't geniuses by any stretch. They were people who simply wanted to "play" for a living. I have even known people who had businesses and then were employed with a school district and would show up at 3 pm daily to be a football/wrestling/baseball/whatever assistant coach. That's often a foot in the door which may even be doable with just an AA degree. Kind of feel bad that the one person in that family who COULD do something on his own and without his father in law's/TLC's money isn't doing it.

Agree with the poster above, Jer ALWAYS sounds like such a suck up.

And then there were the Duggars being Duggars -- spaghetti vs. linguine - uh I don't know ey-talian food! Even Ben mimicking an Italian accent talking about gnocchi and linguine and quesadillas before realizing that the latter aren't Italian. Jer's Italian grandma (and mom and aunts and cousins) are going to be like WTF did you bring home to us, why do you want to marry her and marry into that family!? Having grown up amongst them, Philly Italians can often be very traditional -- still eating traditional foods, doing weekly Sunday family dinners etc. They are not people who will be amused by tator tot casserole or a Dixie cup of ice cream at a wedding reception - they will either be disgusted and/or talk smack about the bride and her family for the REST OF THEIR LIVES.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 18

Interesting they haven't announced a wedding date yet. Or have they and I've somehow missed it? 

Going shallow here, but with that exaggerated raised brow, tightly scrunched forehead look J'Babe does constantly, his forehead is going to look like the Grand Canyon by the time he's 32. That's Jill's signature expression as well. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Cue the episode where the family does something nice for Jana to show their appreciation.

Nancy, if you're reading this you better give Missy a shout out in the credits.We'll be watching.

Hey, Nance, you can donate my writers' fee (which you should be paying to those posting here; they've generated a hell of a lot of good ideas for your production staff) to RAINN.

Thanks in advance!

• Love 13

Its nice to see someone genuinely excited (Ben with his various adventures) about something that isn't sex(wedding), courtship or a baby. Or the g'dang dentist.

Im all about Ben and Jessa being featured more. I would 100% watch a spin off if Benessa and Cringer/Jeremy all packed up and tried to live off the compound.

I was surprised the 'camp' was only a day when they planned for months. I ran a 4 week bootcamp and planned, marketed and filled all the spots in about 2.5 months by myself. Makes me think it was all planned and Bin was just helping out but whatever it was more entertaining than watching Cringe eye fuck Jermy.

Ughhhh I dont wanna see Jana do more housework. boring. Snooze.  And the paint color? Seriously? She is effing 26 years old. Get her a real job. And its kind of evil of them to make poor Jana renovate this giant ass nice house when she has to go back to the dorm room with Josie Grosie. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Ughhhh I dont wanna see Jana do more housework. boring. Snooze.  And the paint color? Seriously? She is effing 26 years old. Get her a real job. And its kind of evil of them to make poor Jana renovate this giant ass nice house when she has to go back to the dorm room with Josie Grosie. 

Here's a thought: I believe that Janarella is being punished for some reason. I'll take this to her thread if I have to, but I have often wondered why J-Chelle seems to detest her, KJB uses her like she's an indentured servant, and her brothers and sisters follow their lead.

One has to wonder what Jana did or did not do to be treated this way. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Missy Vixen said:

Here's a thought: I believe that Janarella is being punished for some reason. I'll take this to her thread if I have to, but I have often wondered why J-Chelle seems to detest her, KJB uses her like she's an indentured servant, and her brothers and sisters follow their lead.

I soooooo hope that is not true. How effed up would that be? I don't know if she is or not, but I truly hope Jana is happy.  Theres just something sad about her. ?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Seriously, amount of work they shove at her is pretty disgusting.

I enjoyed the football stuff. Go Ben!! He made me laugh describing his interception. LOL. Why is this kid growing on me. He was even cute in his attempt to push Jinger along. I think he has experience in waiting on Jessa with her hair lol.

Did anyone else catch the preview for next week? Is it really fucking courtship 101????? I will NOT be watching that snoozefest.  We literally just saw three seasons of that boring crap

And Jermys stupid videos...ugh. IDGAF What your trip to the airport agenda is. lol.  I want to hear from some of Jermys old teammates- was he always this smarmy ? Whats his deal?

I bet they are going to drag this proposal out like 3 more episodes. I cant watch next week, If I have to live through Jill and Jessas courtships one more time I will die of boredom.   

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I soooooo hope that is not true. How effing fucked would that be? I don't know if she is or not, but I truly hope Jana is happy.  Theres just something sad about her. ?

What's sad is that she's been controlled and brainwashed by her POS parents for so long that she doesn't even realize that she really could leave.  By this point, she's just a robot going thru the motions, while trying to keep sweet.  She's so miserable and beaten down that she's emotionally dead inside.  

I only know this, because I'm in the same situation.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Its nice to see someone genuinely excited (Ben with his various adventures) about something that isn't sex(wedding), courtship or a baby. Or the g'dang dentist.

Im all about Ben and Jessa being featured more. I would 100% watch a spin off if Benessa and Cringer/Jeremy all packed up and tried to live off the compound.

I was surprised the 'camp' was only a day when they planned for months. I ran a 4 week bootcamp and planned, marketed and filled all the spots in about 2.5 months by myself. Makes me think it was all planned and Bin was just helping out but whatever it was more entertaining than watching Cringe eye fuck Jermy.

Read my post above. This was an event planned by an organization already in place for this kind of "camp." They knew how many kids were going to show up. Ben was likely hooked up with Steve (who has already been on the show several times) by production, showed up with cameras and swag, and gets all the credit for "organizing" the event . Uhm, not. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, cereality said:

And then there were the Duggars being Duggars -- spaghetti vs. linguine - uh I don't know ey-talian food! Even Ben mimicking an Italian accent talking about gnocchi and linguine and quesadillas before realizing that the latter aren't Italian. Jer's Italian grandma (and mom and aunts and cousins) are going to be like WTF did you bring home to us, why do you want to marry her and marry into that family!? Having grown up amongst them, Philly Italians can often be very traditional -- still eating traditional foods, doing weekly Sunday family dinners etc. They are not people who will be amused by tator tot casserole or a Dixie cup of ice cream at a wedding reception - they will either be disgusted and/or talk smack about the bride and her family for the REST OF THEIR LIVES.

I got the feeling Ben and Jessa were making fun of themselves and were joking about them.  Those two have a dry sense of humor. The others, who were in that segment not that much. 

I also didn't like them asking the Duggar girls football terms. I guess it would be too weird to ask the Duggar boys.  On the other hand, I wasn't sure what all the terms meant. Lots of people don't watch or like football. It's a bad example of "We do things a little bit differently." 

• Love 2

All the attendees at the camp looked like regular kids from the suburbs. I know I shouldn't stereotype, but I didn't really get an underprivileged vibe.

KJB is one slick customer, getting a remodel on that Pool House courtesy of TLC $$$. Who was staying there at the time of filming? I noticed food on the counter and the kitchen had a lived in feel. Did J&A get downgraded to the real guest house on the main property? 

Jessa was obviously pregnant. Her face was really full and you could see her bump through her flimsy shirt.

Next week, Courting 101? Haven't we already seen this a hundred times?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Who is Jodie?  When they were packing the bags Ben said,  "You've got to step it up there, Jodie?"  Is there a Jodie or is Ben mixing up names?

I didn't hear but if so, that's the greatest thing I've read all day. "Shit. What's that ones name? Jodie? There's GOT to be a Jodie somewhere in here."

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I got the feeling Ben and Jessa were making fun of themselves and were joking about them.  Those two have a dry sense of humor. The others, who were in that segment not that much. 

I also didn't like them asking the Duggar girls football terms. I guess it would be too weird to ask the Duggar boys.  On the other hand, I wasn't sure what all the terms meant. Lots of people don't watch or like football. It's a bad example of "We do things a little bit differently." 

In the Duggars world its sooo cute to see the females being so clueless about sports. They probably can't imagine a world where women are interested , knowledgeable, or worse yet participate in sports ( oh , I forgot, the girls did play some form of hockey, wearing skirts ). It was sad to hear Jessa say that at age 15 she lost all interest in sports . I'm guessing that's because by that age her thoughts had turned to more appropriate pursuits for girls: courting, getting engaged, getting married and birthing umpteen babies.

On another topic. why does everything they do have to involve a time crunch and a panic to get things done by a made up deadline? Jana's got to get entire house painted and she's got to get it done before Jill comes back; and Oh my gosh, we must get all the kids to help or we'll never get these bags stuffed with a T shirt and CD in each one; and the only flights available to anywhere require you to get up at 4:30 in the morning. In one scene , Ben is saying they have 5 minutes to leave for the airport, and the next thing we see is the Duggars cooking breakfast to bring in the van. Here's a hint... start planning earlier and you won't constantly be doing everything at the last minute

• Love 10