Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Wrath / S02.E15: North

• Start Topic

For a moment I thought, hmmm maybe Nick was smart and was laying a trap for the costco gang. I mean, it seemed perfect. Pretend to lead the gang to the Colonia for drugs knowing that they would attack later. Then ambush them when they came.

.....Nope....

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Giselle said:

I believe we did not see Zombie Chris we saw another zombie with a twisted up left leg. I have Tivo and rewatched.  In the accident clips Chris was wearing a grey t shirt, light brown pants and black tennis shoes with brown soles, also his thick hair curls up on the ends. The walker Nick ran into had thinner "straight at the ends" black hair and was wearing a crème or once white polo shirt with a notched at the sides hem , black pants and newish black Van's with white soles.

Unless Zombie Chris changed clothes, found better tennis shoes and had another zombie to help him dress or "Wardrobe and Continuity" fucked up... it wasn't Chris. As to whether he is dead or not is speculation.

I found it strange that Travis didn't want to go bury Chris.  He couldn't have been more than a mile from the hotel.  This way he could have seen for himself.  He made a big show of burying the cat Chris murdered but his own son draws flies in the middle of the road...

I found it uncharacteristic that the Bro's would tell the truth.  There was nothing to compel them to be 100% honest that they shot Chris.  Simply "I don't know, we argued over water, he split"...  No reason to tell the dude they murdered his son, and these guys seemed like pretty efficient manipulative liars anyway...  And now if they bring Chris back later because the Bromigos lied about his dispatch, how can you make that happen???  Bad writing.

If they lost the actor at the 11th hour, they (the writers) should have just had him disappear.  I feel it would have been an interesting way to deal with a primary character, just gone, leaving the parents to wonder.  That leaves them the ability to bring Chris back later too...

I can't watch the show anymore, it's not even fun to yell at the TV because it is soooo stupid.

Edited by ChipBach
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, English Teacher said:

My only remaining question is,if there were a thousand,or even a hundred, walkers milling around by the bus,how did that fence not get knocked over before. I think of the fences in TWD for the prison and Alexandria which were so much sturdier.  

Simple; it's Mexico, it's summer, and it's just too damn hot for that shit.  ;>

2 hours ago, FishyJoe said:

For a moment I thought, hmmm maybe Nick was smart and was laying a trap for the costco gang. I mean, it seemed perfect. Pretend to lead the gang to the Colonia for drugs knowing that they would attack later. Then ambush them when they came.

.....Nope....

Uhhh... the second part of that, the "ambush them when they came" part - isn't that pretty much exactly what happened?  :)

I don't think Nick started out with the notion of sandbagging the Narcos - and he probably wouldn't have, if the Narcos had behaved like sensible businessmen.  The Colonia and the Narcos could have negotiated a stable price / delivery quantity / delivery schedule, and everybody could have been happy for quite a while.

But the Narcos didn't act like businessmen. From the start they acted like junkies (they wanted more, they wanted it cheaper, and they wanted it quicker) and from there progressed to thieves - they wanted it all, they wanted it for free, and they wanted it now.  And Nick knows the signs and ways of junkies and thieves.

So... I'd hazard a guess that no, Nick didn't start this chain of events; once events started to unfold in the (very predictable) way they did, however, Nick did choose to take advantage of them.

Finally got around to watching this. I need to read the posts, but I have a few thoughts, first. 

One - OF COURSE this effing show closes on a shot of Madison's "who farted" face. Of. Course. 

Now, I must be getting some version of Stockholm Syndrome, from watching too much of this. But I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. But I didn't hate it either. I actually found it interesting that Chris died for the very reason he thought the Bros were so cool in the first place. It's like what you say to the other woman - "You'll lose him the same way you got him". 

I also found it interesting that Madison's own rules got her kicked out of the hotel. And I was please to see that they were the ones to leave, and not ruin the community - like a certain other group has done so many times. 

I also am starting to really like Nick and Luciana and the Colonia. I had such high hopes for them!

But there were, of course, issues. For one, why did the people in the hotel care so much about the bros dying? I get that Travis exhibited a scary show of violence (meh, Curtis can sell the "sad", but the "rage"? Eh.) - but those guys killed his son. In cold blood. And no one knew them there. Why are they at the point of tears over these scumbags???

Also, the Costco crew couldn't take out all of those walkers in the Colonia. Rick and Carl took at just as many, if not more, when the fences came down. And there were only two of them! What, did those guys only have 5 bullets each in all of those guns? That should not have been hard. At all. 

I actually might start to really like this show if they killed of Madison and Travis. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Finally got around to watching this. I need to read the posts, but I have a few thoughts, first. 

One - OF COURSE this effing show closes on a shot of Madison's "who farted" face. Of. Course. 

Now, I must be getting some version of Stockholm Syndrome, from watching too much of this. But I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. But I didn't hate it either. I actually found it interesting that Chris died for the very reason he thought the Bros were so cool in the first place. It's like what you say to the other woman - "You'll lose him the same way you got him". 

I also found it interesting that Madison's own rules got her kicked out of the hotel. And I was please to see that they were the ones to leave, and not ruin the community - like a certain other group has done so many times. 

I also am starting to really like Nick and Luciana and the Colonia. I had such high hopes for them!

But there were, of course, issues. For one, why did the people in the hotel care so much about the bros dying? I get that Travis exhibited a scary show of violence (meh, Curtis can sell the "sad", but the "rage"? Eh.) - but those guys killed his son. In cold blood. And no one knew them there. Why are they at the point of tears over these scumbags???

Also, the Costco crew couldn't take out all of those walkers in the Colonia. Rick and Carl took at just as many, if not more, when the fences came down. And there were only two of them! What, did those guys only have 5 bullets each in all of those guns? That should not have been hard. At all. 

I actually might start to really like this show if they killed of Madison and Travis. 

Because he killed one of them - Oscar - when he crushed Oscar's head with the door when Oscar was trying to get in.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, kj4ever said:

Because he killed one of them - Oscar - when he crushed Oscar's head with the door when Oscar was trying to get in.

Oh okay. You're saying Travis killed one of the people at the hotel during the struggle? I didn't even notice that, thanks. And names! I don't know hardly anyone's name that hasn't been on this since last season. That does make a lot more sense. And now I'm kind of pissed at Travis as well. 

• Love 1

I thought the episode was certainly better than the midseason finale.  Lots of deaths and walkers were good.  I thought the episode was at least average and in some spots above average, but still no where near WD.

I'm glad someone mentioned something that's becoming a trope on this show.  People with guns running from walkers or getting overwhelmed by them when they just have to keep shooting. 

• Love 1

I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet, but the Sunday Cable ratings are in for "Wrath" and "North":

Show     Net     Time     Total Viewers (000s)     18-49 rating
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD     AMC     9:00 PM     3,671     1.6
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD     AMC     9:59 PM     3,048     1.3

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/10/03/westworld-opens-pretty-well-for-hbo/

And here are the Live + Same Day ratings for all of Season 2:

04-10-16 “Monster” 6.674 million
04-17-16 “We All Fall Down” 5.581 million
04-24-16 “Ouroboros” 4.726 million
05-01-16 “Blood on the Streets” 4.803 million
05-08-16 “Captive” 4.414 million
05-15-16 “Sicut Cervus” 4.486 million
05-22-16 “Shiva” 4.388 million

08-21-16 “Grotesque” 3.864 million
08-28-16 “Los Muertos” 3.661 million
09-04-16 “Do Not Disturb” 2.991 million
09-11-16 “Pablo & Jessica” 3.401 million
09-18-16 “Pillar of Salt” 3.616 million
09-25-16 “Date of Death” 3.491 million
10-02-16 “Wrath” 3.671 million
10-02-16 “North” 3.048 million

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Jordan27 said:

People with guns running from walkers or getting overwhelmed by them when they just have to keep shooting. 

Or just run properly like their lives depend on it.

Edited by natyxg
  • Love 2

Where's that formerly desperate housewife?  Shouldn't she get the pitch for human to human violence, too?

19 hours ago, ChipBach said:

I found it strange that Travis didn't want to go bury Chris.  He couldn't have been more than a mile from the hotel.  This way he could have seen for himself.  He made a big show of burying the cat Chris murdered but his own son draws flies in the middle of the road...

Excellent point.  Travis definitely would want to bury Chris!  Since "original character goes bad" could have been one of their strongest, most original storylines, maybe they're just hedging their bets.

In Tyrant, they sent a young character offscreen in a way that could have been temporary or permanent, depending on the success of her new show.  Hey, that show sucked, welcome back!

That sort of generosity does not jive with my idea of cold-blooded Hollywood producer sharks, but what do I know?

Edited by candall
  • Love 1

Travis's rage seemed to be directed at the bros for killing his son, but all they really did was let Chris drive. Chris was not going to recover from his injuries, so shooting him in the head was the good thing to do rather than let him zombie-fy. Unless Travis was just mad that they didn't bury him. But then instead of beating the crap out of the bros, he could have gone out and buried the boy.

Why, except for TPTB's cinematic reason of showing the colonia people walking down the empty streets from above, were the colonia people walking when there were 2,000 abandoned cars around them? Hot, tired, hungry, dehydrated? How about an air-conditioned car to make your journey easier?

• Love 2

Well, there were probably 2,000 reasons why those cars were abandoned, but I guess most of them included running out of gas.

But, that brings up an interesting phenomenon about the WD/FTWD universe.  When our heroes want to go driving, the roads are cleared.  Other times, the roads are blocked by abandoned vehicles.

• Love 1

So Chris dies offscreen? Ok. Bye Felicia.

I was actually disappointed that the El Jefe at Colonia wasn't immune. I mean, someone has to be right?

I don't really care if Travis killed the bros. They were too dumb to live. Who cares? They were all trying to stop Travis. They come in to the hotel and bitch up the place. Bye.  

The beat down was fairly epic though. Maybe Travis will go into dgaf mode now. 

The ZA is totally something that those idiot Minutemen would be like "this is what we trained for!"

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2

I gave up on this show largely because of the absolute shittiness of the finales for S1 and the midseason for S2 due to the way every potentially interesting character or storyline was torn down or turned to crap to keep Madison front and centre as the lead. I checked in with this forum after this season ended to see if there was any point in catching up. I'm not reading anything to encourage me. At this point Madison would have to die in a Rasputin-style overkill while everyone screamed at her about ruining(!) everything(!) for me to pick this show up again. It's a shame that she sucks so bad because on paper she's a potentially marvellous character, too bad about the crappy acting and worse writing. Really everyone sucks, she's just the standout.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 2

There was so much wrong with this episode.  For one thing, I feel like they really ramped up the gore in an attempt to keep it interesting.  But that can't make up for lousy writing.  I really thought when Madison, Travis and Alicia were in a new setting after leaving (and of course, destroying the gate and endangering those left behind) and I was astonished that it was the Costco and not the scene of Chris' accident/off screen death.  Going through the pockets of the dead family was ridiculous.  Why would they have the address of the Colonia on them?  It would at least have been better if the Bad Guys had left behind a map with the Colonia location circled.  That would have made more sense.  And the Bad Guys had other people, including women (a sister at least, right?) - what became of all of them?  I did not understand why Alicia was freaking out with her, "Mom?  Mom? What are you doing?"  Of course that was never explained.  She must have known her Mom was looking for clues of the whereabouts of precious Nick.  Why else would they be there?  

I know Travis was all angsty, but it is so odd that he would have zero remorse for hurting Oscar.  Also how were the formerly battling hotel people so close all of a sudden anyway?  None of this makes any sense.  I did enjoy that Light Up a Room with His Smile Nick led his people to death and/or danger on his first day as leader.  I guess they've stumbled into the new big bad and next season they will have to be rescued by the amazing Mama he has forgotten.  

I really don't think I'll bother with next season.  It's just not a good show. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, ganesh said:

I was actually disappointed that the El Jefe at Colonia wasn't immune. I mean, someone has to be right?

I really wish they'd do something with that kind of storyline. But apparently Kirkman hates science, so no. 

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

It was offscreen at the time that the bros said he was dead; i.e., not happening in real time. 

I get what you mean and I agree. It loses it's impact the way we found out, and then only "saw" it after the fact. 

• Love 1

I'm continually frustrated by the show universe in that we've only seen the same broad characters. I know it's not a scifi show, but I just have difficulty that no one has the intellectual curiosity to figure out what's going on. Granted, things are chaotic and people are just trying to survive, but answering some basic questions does help you survive. 

The colony was a fairly settled place for a long enough time where you could try to figure out some of these questions. Look at the scene in Wrath with the zombie chain reaction. That should have been a situation that should be avoided by now for them. 

I'm not really getting the point of this overall show because the themes seem quite the same as the mothership.

• Love 1

I'm sorry but exactly when and how did these people get so badass with their zombie killing skills? On a yacht? On a fortified ranch? In a beach resort?   And even Ophelia- really?  It's been a couple months. The group in Atlanta was still hiding from herds. Not single handily pied pipering them  off piers. 

• Love 1

I don't get why Hector was being all pissy about Travis beating up the bros. They killed his son. It's got nothing to do with you. Ok, lock him up until he cools out or whatever. It seems like an odd place to draw the line. I guess I just don't understand the chaos other than the "tear down every reasonable civilization" plot of the show. 

Way too much speechifying too.

Edited by ganesh

I actually like that Madison and Travis are reconnecting. When he was "I don't care that I killed them." "I don't either." Nice. I'd rather watch Strand, but this family should be on their own. They're too ridiculous for society right now. 

I will admit that the helicopter is interesting, but at this point of course there's more people shooting. 

• Love 1
On 10/4/2016 at 7:57 PM, Raven1707 said:

I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet, but the Sunday Cable ratings are in for "Wrath" and "North":

Show     Net     Time     Total Viewers (000s)     18-49 rating
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD     AMC     9:00 PM     3,671     1.6
FEAR THE WALKING DEAD     AMC     9:59 PM     3,048     1.3

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/10/03/westworld-opens-pretty-well-for-hbo/

And here are the Live + Same Day ratings for all of Season 2:

04-10-16 “Monster” 6.674 million
04-17-16 “We All Fall Down” 5.581 million
04-24-16 “Ouroboros” 4.726 million
05-01-16 “Blood on the Streets” 4.803 million
05-08-16 “Captive” 4.414 million
05-15-16 “Sicut Cervus” 4.486 million
05-22-16 “Shiva” 4.388 million

08-21-16 “Grotesque” 3.864 million
08-28-16 “Los Muertos” 3.661 million
09-04-16 “Do Not Disturb” 2.991 million
09-11-16 “Pablo & Jessica” 3.401 million
09-18-16 “Pillar of Salt” 3.616 million
09-25-16 “Date of Death” 3.491 million
10-02-16 “Wrath” 3.671 million
10-02-16 “North” 3.048 million

That's a bad chart. The finale couldn't match the ratings for any of the pre hiatus episodes? And over half a million people checked out after the first hour?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ganesh said:

Way too much speechifying too.

The whole Walking Dead universe is based on an overabundance of "speechifying".  The characters (especially the bad guys) are known to be very verbose ... about everything - EXCEPT things that moves the plot forward or add interest to the story.

Those ratings are acceptable, I guess for AMC on a Sunday night - but you can see they're slipping quickly. Losing half your audience over the course of a season does not bode well for this show.

Edited by HighMaintenance
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, xaxat said:

That's a bad chart. The finale couldn't match the ratings for any of the pre hiatus episodes? And over half a million people checked out after the first hour?

THAT is what immediately leaped out at me - that 600K+ viewers:

1. Toughed it out through the first hour.
  2. Realized YET ANOTHER HOUR of FTWD was immediately following.
  3. Made the conscious decision they couldn't tolerate another hour - not even for the frikkin' Season Finale - and either switched channels, or switched off.
  • Love 1

Good lord this show is getting worse every time I watch it. I keep watching hoping that the characters will grow on me. Nope. 

• Nick is the worse leader of all time. No bad guy bosses would ever take him seriously nor should they. He's weak, dirty, has no great skill set and isn't charismatic. I think he also played in that moby dick movie, I wanted him dead there as well. 
  • When nick got stomped at the end I was cheering.  Take that. 
  • Maddie and Travis are terrible characters too. No chemistry between them, and TBH I just don't like Maddies face. 
  • Colonia was a terrible place. No natural resources like a river or lake.  They had to barter for water, that's not a good long term strategy. Genius 
  • The hotel has the worse security. No guards, no decent weapons. 
  • Everyone knows about the smear walker blood on you and they'll leave you alone trick, how did the Costco gang not know. They've seen the colonia traders smeared in blood every single time they come for trade. 
  • Love 1

Finally got around to watching.  That was dreadful, and not in a good way.  Travis beating the bros went on waaaay too long.  (Especially when it was only a pane of glass that kept others out.)  Smashing the gate as they left was terrible.  (Maybe Maddie is related to Rick after all!)  The druggie white boy being chosen to lead the people to the promised land was ridiculous.  And I'd nearly forgotten who Ofelia was so those scenes felt out of place.  The show needs a reset when it comes back, with the focus on Strand and the hotel folks.  The rest of them are worthless.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2

Yeah, I don't know about next season.  I have been liking this show and thought we might get a potential new interesting storyline with Chris but no.  With the destruct and run of the main group from the hotel; just seems like more of the same from TWD universe.  I was more interested in Nick when he was screwing up than as the savior of the Colonia (who were getting along just fine till he got there - more of the same).   I know it's sacrilege to say but despite Colman Domingo's charm, I don't find Strand particularly compelling - he's just another selfish person like the rest of them.   I like Alicia but she's stuck with her mother.  I'm kinda curious about Ofelia but only because she's on her own by choice.

I think I'm burned out on TWD.

I have grown to hate this family, I think they do more destruction than the Zombie.  Although Nick is almost as destructive as the rest of his family and Alicia, that seems to be converted to her deadly mother's behavior because I don't think they totally don't care about others, but Travis and Madison need to die or the human race is doomed. they destroy more people and places than anyone else and than the Zombies. I can't watch them anymore, because the hatred for them and the wish they will be eaten takes the fun out of this show for me. 

• Love 2

Here are the Live +3 Day ratings for "Wrath" and "North":

The final two episodes of “Fear the Walking Dead’s” season (2.4 and 2.0 in adults 18-49) were the next-best entertainment shows in the rankings. [5.319 million viewers & 4.522 million viewers, respectively]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-3-ratings-sept-26-oct-2-2016/

And here are the Live + 3 Day ratings for Season 2:

04-10-16 “Monster” 6.674 million; Live +3 8.826 million
04-17-16 “We All Fall Down” 5.581 million; Live +3 7.781 million
04-24-16 “Ouroboros” 4.726 million; Live +3 6.995 million
05-01-16 “Blood on the Streets” 4.803 million; Live + 3 6.958 million
05-08-16 “Captive” 4.414 million; Live +3 6.924 million
05-15-16 “Sicut Cervus” 4.486 million; Live +3 6.784 million
05-22-16 “Shiva” 4.388 million; Live +3 6.663 million

08-21-16 “Grotesque” 3.864 million; Live +3 5.756 million
08-28-16 “Los Muertos” 3.661 million; Live +3 5.535 million
09-04-16 “Do Not Disturb” 2.991 million; Live +3 5.275 million
09-11-16 “Pablo & Jessica” 3.401 million; Live +3 5.185 million
09-25-16 “Date of Death” 3.491 million; not reported
10-02-16 “Wrath” 3.671 million; Live +3 5.319 million
10-02-16 “North” 3.048 million; Live +3 4.522 million

• Love 1
  • It seems to me that the Mexican walkers are considerably slower and less aggressive than the North American walkers. 
  • Ricks group would slaughter the Costco gang, colonia, and the hotel peeps 
  • the Costco gang are ineffective fighters 
  • ricks group seems more concerned with weapons and security, the fear the walking dead groups not so much 
  • the are no viable leaders in this show 
  • Love 1

I just finally got around to watching this, as it's been sitting on my PVR for a while.

I was incredibly disappointed when Ofelia, after crossing over the border, was caught by mystery man with a gun and it wasn't Donald Trump!  How awesome would that have been?  Get out of my country, you illegal Mexican zombie!!  Maybe Trump is too busy guarding the northern wall again zombie Canadians.

These people really are worse than the original TWD group for ruining a good thing when they find it.  Run away from them, before you too end up dead and completely screwed!!

So tell me in 20 words or less (or more, since I don't give a flying fig about anyone in this series) why I should make the effort to soldier on with this drek.

Really.

I don't care about any of the characters.  Each ep requires at least 3 tries to get through.  I originally thought it would be a welcome contrast showing urban survival vs. small-town Georgia.  Was I ever wrong.  Horrible scripts and plotting, horrible casting...the dialogue in this show makes Negan sound like Hamlet.

OK - I'll peek back to see if there are any comments.

I'm frankly only still here cuz of Nick, which I realize is a controversial thing. I love the guy, I find him very compelling to watch. But that's me. Otherwise, I don't much care either.

So if you don't have even one reason you're still hanging in there...why bother? Delete from the DVR. (but no way would I rather watch Negan than this. or than...almost anything.)

On 12/20/2016 at 6:30 AM, spiderpig said:

So tell me in 20 words or less (or more, since I don't give a flying fig about anyone in this series) why I should make the effort to soldier on with this drek.

Really.

I don't care about any of the characters.  Each ep requires at least 3 tries to get through.  I originally thought it would be a welcome contrast showing urban survival vs. small-town Georgia.  Was I ever wrong.  Horrible scripts and plotting, horrible casting...the dialogue in this show makes Negan sound like Hamlet.

OK - I'll peek back to see if there are any comments.

Well, there's.....um... And then there's..... Oh yeah, there's that other thing, too.

Plus, you won't get the jokes in this forum if you don't watch the show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

Well, there's.....um... And then there's..... Oh yeah, there's that other thing, too.

Plus, you won't get the jokes in this forum if you don't watch the show.

OK - I staggered through the finale (if there is a God) where Chris got blasted and Travis went postal.

Was Chris about to turn or just (sorry about the just) paralyzed?

I guess I should go to the show synopses to try to figure this out.

Question to other viewers:  is there any character apart from Strand who remotely holds your attention?

• Love 1
On 12/21/2016 at 9:23 AM, spiderpig said:

OK - I staggered through the finale (if there is a God) where Chris got blasted and Travis went postal.

Was Chris about to turn or just (sorry about the just) paralyzed?

I guess I should go to the show synopses to try to figure this out.

Question to other viewers:  is there any character apart from Strand who remotely holds your attention?

I don't think he was turning. It's been a long time since I watched that episode but I thought maybe he was begging for his life and they gunned him down. Of course they told Travis he was already dead.

Daniel was the only other interesting character and the last we saw him he was in the middle of an inferno. Whereabouts unknown.

1 minute ago, Iguessnot said:

I don't think he was turning. It's been a long time since I watched that episode but I thought maybe he was begging for his life and they gunned him down. Of course they told Travis he was already dead.

Daniel was the only other interesting character and the last we saw him he was in the middle of an inferno. Whereabouts unknown.

Thanks, iguessnot.  Has this series been renewed?

On 12/25/2016 at 6:36 PM, Iguessnot said:

I liked Alex (Michelle Ang), who was carried over from the Flight 462 short. She's been MIA for some time, and probably won't be back. I think the show doesn't know what to do with a competent character.

Yeah... the brouhaha over the bros slaughter party didn't make much sense to me either. They all heard loud and clear these douches murdered his son in cold blood and we are expected to believe the hotel folks would have reacted any differently after what Elena and his nephew went through and the latest act of retaliation from mommy dearest? Please. (It was particularly rich coming from Elena, what, have we forgotten already about being Public Enemy #1 before Madison sort things out for you? And since when where Hector and the groom BFF??? Wth.) And they were definitely all over Travis case before the groom got his head smashed in - hey, maybe next time try to avoid becoming a casualty by minding your own goddam business?

I don't know, I was expecting less outrage directed to the woman who finally mended the bridge between them and managed to turn the hotel into a relatively safe space, especially when the bride's mother only got domiciliary arrest from trying to murder half the named hotel inhabitants. Twice.

Just catching up on this. It turns out, I can buy the zombie apocalypse way better than I can buy that Nick is suddenly using the present subjunctive correctly even though he only just started learning Spanish days ago and generally has no idea of correct verb endings or basic words.

Like, he's suddenly going '¿Dónde quiero que vayamos?'  when he's asking where they should go. Like, no. That's totally backwards and not how an English speaker normally learns Spanish on the street. You learn to conjugate querer in present tense third person singular correctly ages before you learn to use the flipping subjunctive of ir. Especially when learning by listening to people talk. Because it's just so different from English in that aspect, people don't pick it up. But it's how a Spanish native speaker might think someone would learn, because to them the subjunctive is just normal, they don't even notice it.

It's in ridiculous shows like this that the weird little details like that bug so much more.

• Love 1