Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

The dresses Mandy and Jenna have on reminds me of the Belk Fashion Show Do Not Wear segments from one of the past seasons. It would be interesting to see if they bring the dresses up. Not saying the dresses are tacky, but in the DCC universe, they may be considered tacky.

10 hours ago, Spunkyyy said:

I agree, so happy for Jessica! Seems like such a positive and hardworking person. Well, we can assume Heather O will be safe at finals. I had a feeling she was well liked by Kelli and Judy since she was included in those uniform beach pics at calendar shoot. 

I was trying to find that pic of the past ROTY, but I can't remember who posted it!! 

I think I saw it on judy's twitter

Do you think that since the end of the year banquet was so late this year (2 days before auditions) that they'll feature it somehow. I'd imagine the CMT crews are already in town, would be nice! 

• Love 1

@HowdeeDo there are a couple alleged insiders who have mentioned CMT has been filming at prep classes and interviewing girls for a while now, so it's entirely possible that they might do a snippet on the banquet. I know we'd certainly all like to see it!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Do you think that since the end of the year banquet was so late this year (2 days before auditions) that they'll feature it somehow. I'd imagine the CMT crews are already in town, would be nice! 

I really hope so.

• Love 2

So I scrolled through some of Tasha's photos on Instagram and I'm surprised Kelli and Judy didn't talk to her about them.  She did a couple of pretty risque shots with her hubby.  Don't get me wrong- they're cool- but I'm surprised they didn't tell her to take them down.  

1 hour ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

So I scrolled through some of Tasha's photos on Instagram and I'm surprised Kelli and Judy didn't talk to her about them.  She did a couple of pretty risque shots with her hubby.  Don't get me wrong- they're cool- but I'm surprised they didn't tell her to take them down.  

Their instagrams are their personal accounts, so other than "suggesting" that the photos are too risque, they really don't have the authority to make her take them down. The only hand they have in social media is their DCC Twitter accounts.

8 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Danielle put on her instagram #allstarlifehereicome yay she will be an all star!

I came here to post the moment I saw her insta post! I'm soo happy she is staying! I thought Jen would become an All Star as well.

• Love 2

Jennifer may really be ready to start a family...i'd like to see her as an all star or helping at auditions, etc. but she may be ready for some down time.  

SO excited both Jessica and Danielle will still be around!! 

• Love 4

I don't recall any of Tasha's pics to be risqué (and I even chanced a pink explosion to go look) but I imagine the standard would be a bit different for a married mom being sexy with her husband vs. a 20 year old rookie all up on some random.  Within reason, of course. I thought her modeling shots with the hubs were cheesy but I enjoy a trashy romance novel enough to appreciate how it got there.  

Double standards suck, but public figures are what they are and it's still the conservative South. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

With how low the try out turn out is I almost wonder if there will be zero vet cuts.

It's tricky whenever turnout is low. It depends on how amazing this rookie class is or not. It could go either way, keeping vets and choosing 8 awesome rookies, or cutting vets and then having rookies who struggle through training camp make it like usual. I hope it isn't the latter. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

It's tricky whenever turnout is low. It depends on how amazing this rookie class is or not. It could go either way, keeping vets and choosing 8 awesome rookies, or cutting vets and then having rookies who struggle through training camp make it like usual. I hope it isn't the latter. 

This. I think since having DCC MTT become a hit, that it reslly trimmed a lot of the "fat" (maybe kinda pun intended?) I feel like even though they say "each rookie class is better than the rest", that it's incredibly true. They are getting quality over quantity

• Love 4

In my opinion, I think the quality of team has went way down since Season 5. Yes, there has been standout girls, but the majority of the girls do not say DCC to me especially the ones who make it on looks alone, Kelli likes the most, or barely makes the team, but has "potential" but they get cut at finals the next year.

They'll always cut girls that are pretty good dancers (cut for whatever reason) and replace them in training camp with girls only designed to add drama for the tv show. 

Season 7, was trashy Carla or Kelly 'popcorn' really better than Alyssa Torres, Cassie, Kamihla et al that got cut?

Season 8, Kathryn Dunn, Crazy eyes Emily were selected over Teri, Collin and Kali?

It happens every year...

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think the overall quality had improved, the girls just haven't been standouts or all that special or interesting to know. 

This - dance technique and performance has really improved. The dances are a lot less booty pop pom waving, and far more detailed and technical. Some of the former show group routines and possibly girls wouldn't even make TC now. I also agree that with the better dancers, there's been a loss in personality just a little bit.

• Love 1

Checked out Mandy's ig and saw this post - maybe she's moved back. I think on mtt she said that her husband got a job in Texas so she moved with him and decided to try out. Maybe he's had to move back for work?

• Love 2

awww i'll miss her on the squad but i love seeing her running the studio - girl power! 

Was it a husband or boyfriend? i thought it was a little odd we never saw him at ANY events with her this past year...i sort of wondered if they broke up so maybe on top of the other thing she also was just ready to get back to her old life. 

• Love 2

Pretty sure it was boyfriend. I just wished her well on Instagram...loved Mandy! Sugar sweet and she just seemed like such a grown up. Love that she's pursuing her dreams and getting back to what brings her the most joy, if that's what she's doing. 

And I'm not mad if she just wanted a trip to Bimini with her new friends before she headed out. If she was on the fence better to go than not go. She wouldn't be the first. 

• Love 2

There must be something.. There are leader rings too. They love their commemorative jewelry. I still want to see what the Pro Bowl rings look like. 

Danielle wore those same old lady shoes in black at last year's banquet. Not flattering imo.  They're out of style. 

• Love 1

I did check and Mandy's DCC twitter page is still up. Maybe she got tired of it all, family emergency or situation, had a good chance at a better career move, or a possible injury. She was one of my favorite rookies. I guess nine spots are opening if the keep the team at 37, or eight spots will be open if the team goes back to 36, and no vet are cuts.

1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

What do the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year girls get at the banquet?  The rookies get a ring and the 5th years a charm, but what about the others?

They don't get anything. It's more milestone pieces. Though this year everyone did get a pretty glass plaque with their names on it. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

There must be something.. There are leader rings too. They love their commemorative jewelry. I still want to see what the Pro Bowl rings look like. 

Danielle wore those same old lady shoes in black at last year's banquet. Not flattering imo.  They're out of style. 

^leader ring, small band and some form of diamond or crystal accent. 

The PBC ring is a white gold/platinum band, no up close that I could find but this is the closest shot of it. I'm sure it has some inscription on there about PBC.

IMG_1571.JPG

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

So is Kelsey wearing one on each pinky now?

I wonder why Vivian is showing her pinky with no ring.

What's wrong with Danielle's shoes?  Nothing old lady or out of style about them to me, they just look like your run of the mill dress sandal.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

^leader ring, small band and some form of diamond or crystal accent. 

The PBC ring is a white gold/platinum band, no up close that I could find but this is the closest shot of it. I'm sure it has some inscription on there about PBC.

IMG_1571.JPG

Who are these girls?

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Who are these girls?

Pro Bowl cheerleaders, there wasn't a DCC pro bowl ring picture that I could find. Just using it for reference. 

20 minutes ago, Silverleaf said:

Ages ago someone linked a picture from Ally showing the DCC ring, the pro bowl ring and the 5th year charm if that's any help

Found it! It's a bit blurry too but there does look like something's on there. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

What's wrong with Danielle's shoes?  Nothing old lady or out of style about them to me, they just look like your run of the mill dress sandal.

I just don't like them - I think they're wonky looking and her dress is too. Bc of the spray tan it looks like she's wearing pantyhose with open sandals and I guess that's why it looks old ladyish to me ?

• Love 1

Maybe it's just me but that 5 year necklace charm is awful. Looks like something I would have bought at Claire's in the mid-nineties for my fifth grade BFF. I would love to see something more refined and classy, like that pinky ring! 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, spazette said:

Maybe it's just me but that 5 year necklace charm is awful. Looks like something I would have bought at Claire's in the mid-nineties for my fifth grade BFF. I would love to see something more refined and classy, like that pinky ring! 

I'm with you. It just looks so big. Any girls post a pic of them wearing it?  Maybe it looks better on.

(edited)

Very sad to see Mandy go, she looked to have the potential to stay for many years. But I can remember thinking when I saw her original bio about having her own kids' studio that such a labor of love would be hard to leave behind in someone else's hands. Maybe she told herself she'd try DCC for a year and if it didn't go the way she wanted, she'd return.

I think she said that she and her boyfriend had been together six years. Maybe he liked Texas more than she did? Or maybe they both went back to the Coast?

Of course, that's a ton of "maybes" with next to nothing to back them up. But I'm going to miss her for sure.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, spazette said:

Same. It's definitely dated and tacky.

1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

Very sad to see Mandy go, she looked to have the potential to stay for many years. But I can remember thinking when I saw her original bio about having her own kids' studio that such a labor of love would be hard to leave behind in someone else's hands. Maybe she told herself she'd try DCC for a year and if it didn't go the way she wanted, she'd return.

I think she said that she and her boyfriend had been together six years. Maybe he liked Texas more than she did? Or maybe they both went back to the Coast?

Of course, that's a ton of "maybes" with next to nothing to back them up. But I'm going to miss her for sure.

I never thought she would retire. She's definitely one of the prettier girls on the team. Definitely had "Holly" (blonde) potential if you ask me.

• Love 1

I hope the Veterans are well prepared, because in spite of my initial opinion after Prelims, I now think that the competition looks fierce.  

I would like to see the 5 Year Veteran necklace be redesigned into a medal with initials carved in.

In this style, except with DCC:

il_570xN.669743622_i5gu.jpg

• Love 4

I like the 5 year necklace. Just looks to me like a classic monogram, except with a rose on top. If I changed anything, I'd lose the rose, but pretty classic, not outdated, to me. I do no like pinky rings, because they're always in the way, but for pinky rings, those are cute.

• Love 1

I don't want to be too critical of her, but why is Jenna posting long posts about how much being a DCC means to her pretty much every day? She announced last year she was retiring but never made such posts, so being nostalgic doesn't cut it for me. It definitely seems like she's trying to prove herself as an ambassador.

• Love 3