Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

That's an amazing hip hop dance by Holly.  She really is too good for DCC and should be looking into work in LA or NYC.

All that yelling and hooting in the background by instructors, etc. in all these clips is really getting annoying.   I know it's what people do, but I'm really just getting sick of hearing it all the time during every clip. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Why is she not in LA or NYC where the jobs are?

School and DCC for now. I'm sure once school is done she'll probably move to LA.

10 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

All that yelling and hooting in the background by instructors, etc. in all these clips is really getting annoying.   I know it's what people do, but I'm really just getting sick of hearing it all the time during every clip. 

You & me both!  Now get off my lawn :)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

School and DCC for now. I'm sure once school is done she'll probably move to LA.

Is school necessary for a dancer though? I mean unless she wants to go into another field and unless of course she attends a major school like Juliard, isn't it better to start working right away? That's the most common path in my country since you have to retire pretty early as a dancer and you can't waste any time.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Is school necessary for a dancer though? I mean unless she wants to go into another field and unless of course she attends a major school like Juliard, isn't it better to start working right away? That's the most common path in my country since you have to retire pretty early as a dancer and you can't waste any time.

Not sure, I don't know what her plans are for school. I think the DCC website said what she was studying but I forgot.

4 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Not sure, I don't know what her plans are for school. I think the DCC website said what she was studying but I forgot.

On her insta live the other week I think she said marketing 

12 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

She's probably thought about going pro but in school to keep with the DCC requirement to have a job/be in school full time. 

Just now, crazydegulady said:

On her insta live the other week I think she said marketing 

Good for her! That's what I want to continue on in, but it's so hard to find online only colleges.

I doubt they will, but I would really like for them to change Robin's weave this season. Something similar to Jacie's weave. The curls are cute but I would just like to see something different.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

She's probably thought about going pro but in school to keep with the DCC requirement to have a job/be in school full time. 

That requirement disappeared from their website years ago. I'm not sure that it's still a rule.

31 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

That requirement disappeared from their website years ago. I'm not sure that it's still a rule.

I doubt they'd remove it as a rule. They still mention it in interviews and such. 

• Love 1
(edited)

If Holly wants to be a pro dancer, yes - the best route is to go to LA/NYC and start auditioning ASAP when you're at her level.  She clearly doesn't need anymore "training", and like others have said, the career shelf life is very short.   You can go to college after you retire. 

She must not want to for some reason, or already gave it a go and chose DCC instead.  Maybe cause of the TV show, but who knows.  I guess I'm surprised she's going on her 3rd year - or maybe she's banking on point this year (which I think she'll get, btw), and hoping that will open doors.

I guess we'll see.   She is an exceptional hip hop dancer though, and that's where most of the jobs are actually. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

If Holly wants to be a pro dancer, yes - the best route is to go to LA/NYC and start auditioning ASAP when you're at her level.  She clearly doesn't need anymore "training", and like others have said, the career shelf life is very short.   You can go to college after you retire. 

She must not want to for some reason, or already gave it a go and chose DCC instead.  Maybe cause of the TV show, but who knows.  I guess I'm surprised she's going on her 3rd year - or maybe she's banking on point this year (which I think she'll get, btw), and hoping that will open doors.

I guess we'll see.   She is an exceptional hip hop dancer though, and that's where most of the jobs are actually. 

She is amazing in general and I agree about hip hop, but I'm dying to see her in a musical! It seems like she went that route for her solo this year but seriously... as people have commented before, she looks a bit "extra" in everything she does, which is exactly what would make her the perfect fit for a musical. She puts so much personality and sass in every move and I honestly think she will kick us in theatre!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I doubt they will, but I would really like for them to change Robin's weave this season. Something similar to Jacie's weave. The curls are cute but I would just like to see something different.

Do we think a natural 'do would EVER happen on a black girl, or any girl with textured mane? I love jacie's natural hair and I personally think there's nothing NOT glam about a natural head of curls and kinks with a great cut and shape. I think Robin with a curly, textured, long asymmetrical pixie would be STUNNING. 

• Love 4

Let's get real about the DCC.  Things have changed exponentially since they got a REALITY TV show.  In order for any reality show to survive, it needs to bring DRAMA.  For that reason, I am convinced that several "cuts" are for show purposes, period.  

I have a difficult time believing that any 3rd year vet would deliver the shit-show performance per Jasmine & Raylee.  These 2 women can't deliver such performances & believe they'll make this team!  I don't buy it... no way, no how.  I'm thinking they were finished/done, then approached for the sake of the show.  Plus, they can benefit from the attention they'll receive = why not go out with a proverbial bang?!?  It's not like they are leaving for weight or contract issues?   

Why dump a 3rd year vet who delivers on diversity (Jasmine) or glamour (Raylee)?  Especially a 3rd year vet whose proven themselves in the community?  They have kept other women who were outright injured (Cassie), making me believe the importance of seniority within the DCC ranks.

We all know reality TV is far from real.  It's contrived or heavily edited at the least.  The vast majority of viewers have no idea the names of the DCC, let alone dance backgrounds.  They know what K & J and even more importantly TNT tells them; whose hot, whose trying out for the umpteenth time, who has a kid at home.....

Tell me why my "conspiracy" theory holds no weight.  

• Love 2

Holly has such great technique at isolating every move in hip hop.  I am surprised that she didn't do hip hop for her solo.  I am only guessing as the outfit she was wearing did not say hip hop to me.  ? Lyrical or jazz?

10 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Holly has such great technique at isolating every move in hip hop.  I am surprised that she didn't do hip hop for her solo.  I am only guessing as the outfit she was wearing did not say hip hop to me.  ? Lyrical or jazz?

I feel like it might have been Jazz, seemed broadwayesque from what I could tell on her instagram live discussion.

she looks awesome here!

well @Annette i'm sure they are cutting people just for the sake of drama. But i don't see why a girl like Raylee would happilly humilate herself in front of the cameras and all her teammates? And even if she agreed on that, I can't buy that Allie and Heather agreed too. As for Jasmine, there are so many girls who come back in a really bad shape so I don't think that having one vet every few years who comes unprepared even if they are fit. But in general I think that's why they are bringing more people in training camp than before and why they prefer to take in people they don't like (and is pretty obvious are going to get cut) and "one hit wonders" instead of choosing the vets who have proven themselves.

• Love 2
On 5/12/2017 at 11:31 AM, HowdeeDo said:

Obsessed with this dress! Hope interviews went well for everyone. 

Agree- that dress is gorgeous!!!

1 hour ago, Annette said:

Let's get real about the DCC.  Things have changed exponentially since they got a REALITY TV show.  In order for any reality show to survive, it needs to bring DRAMA.  For that reason, I am convinced that several "cuts" are for show purposes, period.  

I have a difficult time believing that any 3rd year vet would deliver the shit-show performance per Jasmine & Raylee.  These 2 women can't deliver such performances & believe they'll make this team!  I don't buy it... no way, no how.  I'm thinking they were finished/done, then approached for the sake of the show.  Plus, they can benefit from the attention they'll receive = why not go out with a proverbial bang?!?  It's not like they are leaving for weight or contract issues?   

Why dump a 3rd year vet who delivers on diversity (Jasmine) or glamour (Raylee)?  Especially a 3rd year vet whose proven themselves in the community?  They have kept other women who were outright injured (Cassie), making me believe the importance of seniority within the DCC ranks.

We all know reality TV is far from real.  It's contrived or heavily edited at the least.  The vast majority of viewers have no idea the names of the DCC, let alone dance backgrounds.  They know what K & J and even more importantly TNT tells them; whose hot, whose trying out for the umpteenth time, who has a kid at home.....

Nobody has that little dignity and self-respect. Plus, their reactions are genuine. They're angry, hurt and embarrassed. You can't be doted on as America's Sweethearts and then be okay being dumped and humiliated in front of America. It makes no sense. Plus, Kelli, Judy and Charlotte would have to be in on that,and there's no way those ladies would compromise the integrity of what they do by setting someone up to be perceived as anything less than flattering and adorable. If these women are cut, it's because they didn't earn their spots back, not because the TV show and the directors slipped them a fat stack of cash for a few drama tears.

• Love 1

I shouldn't say "nobody," because we have shows like Naked Dating and Mama June so pardon my all encompassing use of "nobody." But I think "no DCC" would be fair.

I LOVE that dress of Holly's and now have to wonder where she got it because it looks amazing.  This year, the girls seem to have gone more classy/tasteful in their interview outfits than in previous years, but that could just be me.

• Love 1

Holly's dress is real cute. 

O/T but Saturday I was paging through a catalog someone left in the break room and I found myself playing the 'what would you wear to DCC panel interview' game. 

• Love 1

Holly's family and Holly herself might have expectations of a degree, knowing fame and a dance career are uncertain. A marketing degree certainly won't steer her wrong. Not making So You Think You Can Dance was probably a big reality check for a girl who has likely always been a star as well. Doing DCC gives her a chance to get an education, take a variety of classes, hone her technique, etc. 

Moving to NYC or LA at 18 takes a lot of chutzpah and a lot of cash, and she might not have felt ready. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Madie92 said:

What I find interesting is at this time (period) Holly and Allie are roommates. Next week they are not.  That same week Holly is off USO tour.  Im told player was at apartment.  Im told funny smell was coming from apartment while Holly and player are in the apartment (this is still rumor not confirmed yet I'm going to contact another source at building). Last it seems to be a bad cover up.  Get Rid of one (Holly) your siding against an NFL player and admitting a problem. Get Rid of the other who cares.  Makes no sense to go against policy and keep her. Wonder if all three that were cut know something.  Story just seems to keep falling together.  Would Love more info on this.

interesting indeed.  i honestly know nothing about all of this so i personally can't offer any insight to the story.  I never heard confirmation that holly fraternized with players, just rumors that she did and the no USO tour seemed kind of like a sign but didn't want to make judgment call based off just that.  

on a sidenote, the roommate switcheroos fascinate me way too much.  it's like musical chairs and probably rarely any drama behind changes but always makes me curious (like Dani and Jasmine only rooming together for a little while, Lacey and Caila supposed to room together then don't, etc.) 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, GingerJ said:

Agree- that dress is gorgeous!!!

Nobody has that little dignity and self-respect. Plus, their reactions are genuine. They're angry, hurt and embarrassed. You can't be doted on as America's Sweethearts and then be okay being dumped and humiliated in front of America. It makes no sense. Plus, Kelli, Judy and Charlotte would have to be in on that,and there's no way those ladies would compromise the integrity of what they do by setting someone up to be perceived as anything less than flattering and adorable. If these women are cut, it's because they didn't earn their spots back, not because the TV show and the directors slipped them a fat stack of cash for a few drama tears.

Yep. All day this!!

2 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Holly 8 yrs ago 

She has a youtube channel, that's where I found the video above, there are other videos of her dancing in competitions from years ago https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHPdance

TWINKIE!!! OMG you WIN with this!! Thank ya gal!! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Girls that age switch roommates frequently, especially if they're all living in the same complex and can switch leases quickly.  Sometimes it means a big falling out, sometimes it just means you switch to room with somebody who wears the same shoe size.

Unless Holly is still involved, and more than casually involved, with a Cowboy, he can't 'save' her from being cut.  Whatever went on, it scared Jenna enough to have her debate retirement and then come back thirsty as a desert camel after a 100 mile trek across the Sahara.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 7

I worked as a leasing manager at a primarily college-student based community. We had roomies last three days, three weeks, three months and three years. I know for a fact that my best friend and I would not be compatible roomies. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Madie92 said:

Really a DCC room you STAND by that statement!

Yes bold still need conformation with manager

Good point, for anyone who signs a morals clause, but I honestly think there's far more 'normal' and less America's Sweetheart behavior than the general public knows. Kelli is amazing at creating a brand and maintaining the image she's crafted. 

• Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Madie92 said:

Just received IM that an apology reading from Holly was read at practice that week also.

What would Holly apologize for?  Having a player over?  Getting high? Both would be a Kelli issue. I can see her apologizing to Kellie but to the whole squad?  Seems odd. If she publicly admitted to either or both to the entire squad I think they would have too release her. I think. Oy vey...

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 2
Just now, Madie92 said:

I don't know why anyone was cut.  Just know there is a storyline here.

Dun! Dun! Dun! (Law and Order Intro) This might the season of high DRAMA. I just hope it doesn't backfire. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Madie92 said:

I don't know why anyone was cut.  Just know there is a storyline here.

Like actual storyline for the show? Or it would make a good storyline, but will never be shown the light of day?

18 minutes ago, Madie92 said:

Might be. Your insight might be deep.  Raylee being cut does cross my mind as HUMMMM! But not totally surprised because you just never know.  Enlighten  me on your drama backfire?  Interesting 

Believe me, I have NO insider info to share. It does seem like a lot of drama because a lot of really great DCCs retired that were surprising like Jax, Claire, Megan and Amy. All are 2 year vets that seemed like they could have done another year especially since they were show group girls. Then AFTER Bimini, another show group DCC Mandy retires after only one year. Then Raylee, Allie and Heather H get cut? Why? Why? Why? I'm still shocked that Dayton didn't make Training Camp. Drama.

and somewhere I read that according to Jenna, Kelli and Judy talked her out of retiring? Why? If you want to retire go ahead, there are easily 4 girls that can be point girl, group leaders, and assistant group leads. Are we to believe 2017 DCCs can't go on without Jenna? Again More Drama.

I said backfire because on reality tv shows once the drama gets high something usually does backfire. Again all of this is just my own opinion. I love the show. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Annette said:

In this case specifically, it was very clear Jasmine got out danced and was at the bottom of K&J's list. Diversity or not. I was a fan of Jasmine's but it was kind of clear why she was cut

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Madie92 said:

Im with you but Mandy didn't retire telling Kelly off then walking out is not retiring after Bimini. My job as a columnist is research, research.  This is probably the biggest wonder year yet.

Forgive me, it's late here but I'm confused. Are you saying Mandy told Kelly off and then walked out/off DCC after the Bimini trip?

• Love 2

I would probably be a lot more invested in this "story line" if the comments and accusations made by this brand new poster didn't smell a little funny themselves. #sorrynotsorry

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, spazette said:

I would probably be a lot more invested in this "story line" if the comments and accusations made by this brand new poster didn't smell a little funny themselves. #sorrynotsorry

HA this.

Random people come on here all the time and try and spread rumors. I don't believe anything anyone says unless it's confirmed by someone I know has an insight into some things DCC. I doubt if Holly and said player were smoking something that someone didn't tell Kelli. That would be grounds for termination on two levels. Just because she's an amazing dancer doesn't mean they won't cut her.

37 minutes ago, spazette said:

100% agree. 

• Love 2
(edited)

This happened last year too, if I recall correctly. Before the "insiders" showed up, people were just making crap up and the conspiracy theories were flying. Then some people showed up saying the had inside information, but protesting mightily that they weren't insiders. Enough of what they said turned out to be true, that every word they wrote was taken as Bible, even though they themselves said on numerous occasions that they were reporting their opinion, and things they had heard second hand. I am convinced to this day that some of it was either unfounded gossip or outright bull. Things get very extreme around here sometimes. The show is edited to create drama, but plenty of drama is created here as well. That's what happens in an information vacuum. It's human nature. And I think it had a lot to do with why Shelly decided to start posting here.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This happened last year too, if I recall correctly. Before the "insiders" showed up, people were just making crap up and the conspiracy theories were flying. Then some people showed up saying the had inside information, but protesting mightily that they weren't insiders. Enough of what they said turned out to be true, that every word they wrote was taken as Bible, even though they themselves said on numerous occasions that they were reporting their opinion, and things they had heard second hand. I am convinced to this day that some of it was either unfounded gossip or outright bull. Things get very extreme around here sometimes. The show is edited to create drama, but plenty of drama is created here as well. That's what happens in an information vacuum. It's human nature. And I think it had a lot to do with why Shelly decided to start posting here.

Yeah, definitely. I'm sure the amount of BS influenced her to set the record straight.

11 hours ago, Madie92 said:

What I find interesting is at this time (period) Holly and Allie are roommates. Next week they are not.  That same week Holly is off USO tour.  Im told player was at apartment.  Im told funny smell was coming from apartment while Holly and player are in the apartment (this is still rumor not confirmed yet I'm going to contact another source at building). Last it seems to be a bad cover up.  Get Rid of one (Holly) your siding against an NFL player and admitting a problem. Get Rid of the other who cares.  Makes no sense to go against policy and keep her. Wonder if all three that were cut know something.  Story just seems to keep falling together.  Would Love more info on this.

I personally feel, if Holly was banging the entire cowboys defense and their coaches with a crack pipe on the field of The Star, it wouldn't take a shred of why I love her. She can dance her ass off and she's got moxie.

I respect looking for a story, god knows I do. I'm nosey af. But if Yuko can be taken under someone's wing yet another year, and if (IF) what you say has any truth at all to it, obvi the DCC powers don't care either. They know, they do not acknowledge, they gloss over and they do what they want to do. It's just their M.O.

I love a good scoop! What I and others on here have been dying to know are:

1. WHO IS YUKO?

2. Why isn't Finglass following Kalina on Twitter?

3. Who will succeed K&J? Are they close to retiring?

4. Was Jinelle really visibly annoyed to kids at camp? Because if she was, it's HILARIOUS! Who WOULDN'T be annoyed!

5. Will Sam try out for DCCs?

So many things to wonder.....

• Love 7