Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

41 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

They did show it last season, and Season 8 had a cut scene where the girls were given their barbies.

Right, it's only been a couple of times out of all the seasons.  

it's def not a big deal i just like to see it so i can have more appreciation for the girls who may fly under the radar yet be outstanding dancers (i.e Claire) 

I do wonder how they choose which vets go with each finalists when it comes to the interviews and the solo lineup. I would love to see and hear how tryouts actually run. Oh well, good luck to the vets. May you do well with the interview, exam, solo, field routine and kick line. I admit there are some vets I do not care, but we all may agree or not agree, but we still respect everyone's opinions and thoughts.

27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do wonder how they choose which vets go with each finalists when it comes to the interviews and the solo lineup. I would love to see and hear how tryouts actually run. Oh well, good luck to the vets. May you do well with the interview, exam, solo, field routine and kick line. I admit there are some vets I do not care, but we all may agree or not agree, but we still respect everyone's opinions and thoughts.

Are they mixing vets with candidates for the interviews? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Really? Like from the 4 or 5 girls in each group 2 will be vets and 2/3 candidates?together? How have I not noticed this until now?

Yep! It'll be like 3 candidates and 2 vets (ish) in each group!

4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Really? Like from the 4 or 5 girls in each group 2 will be vets and 2/3 candidates?together? How have I not noticed this until now?

I don't think there's enough vets to have them be in every interview with a finalist though. I'm pretty sure there's groups that don't include vets

4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Since when is leading/ending solos a thing? I thought they go in random numbered order? 

I think there's a lot of strategy in the finals numbers. A strong vet always goes first and last- start strong, end strong. 

But also, think about vets who may be on the bubble. They're putting new candidates in groups with the vets they could replace from a looks standpoint so they can compare them side-by-side on the big Jerry World JumboTron!  So there's no way the numbers are random in finals.  When they audition on the field (and big screen) you always have your blonde groups, your redhead groups, your tall girls, your short girls, your different ethnicities or exotic looks all grouped together for auditions. If you're a vet and you know to keep your spot, you're going to be dancing next to younger, fresher versions of yourself, wouldn't you be at your best and up your game each year?

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

FB is literally having fits over "all these girls retiring" that they're now speculating something is going on "on the inside". 

Pass me the wine. 

Are you the Holly H that keeps setting them straight?  I remember seeing a screen grab on here and that she's one of us, but I couldn't remember who. 

Either way, keep on fighting the good fight. The hysteria is really funny. Some of my favorites are retiring too, but life will indeed go on. AND wtf people, some of these people have life goals that require them moving the eff on.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Are you the Holly H that keeps setting them straight?  I remember seeing a screen grab on here and that she's one of us, but I couldn't remember who. 

Either way, keep on fighting the good fight. The hysteria is really funny. Some of my favorites are retiring too, but life will indeed go on. AND wtf people, some of these people have life goals that require them moving the eff on.  

Guilty

• Love 4

@HowdeeDo - I'm the one that keeps "liking" them. Lol. Girl these people are bananas. 

I try to understand how the superfans of FB that are clearly emotionally invested don't also watch the show and get the process. I get not committing to the crazy of forums, but if you're driven to tears by a cheerleader retiring than one could reasonably think that they'd DVR Making the Team every now and again. 

• Love 2

Don't forget about Lacey -- I could see her leading off too, although she's a bit lyrical and they seem to want to start and end with a powerhouse.  I vote Holly and either Erica/Janelle.  Madeleine just isn't that pretty -- I don't see them leading off with her.

53 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Don't forget about Lacey -- I could see her leading off too, although she's a bit lyrical and they seem to want to start and end with a powerhouse.  I vote Holly and either Erica/Janelle.  Madeleine just isn't that pretty -- I don't see them leading off with her.

I'd love to see her get a shot though- she's one of their best dancers of all time and her technique is so fresh and confident and "wow!"

(edited)

Count me among the Lacey fans! I've actually been surprised that she hasn't been made more of a cover/MTT banner/promo girl yet, because Kelli and Judy love her dancing so much, she's gorgeous, wholesome, one of few Latinas, and she's been on Show Group since rookie year. I'm hoping that, like Jessica, she gets her recognition in her more senior DCC years. I thought she should have been in Kinzie's old spot behind point last year, where Erica often was hidden, because she is so great and one of the taller girls. I hope that's where she is in this year's triangle! It's a much- photographed position. I'd love to see her lead-off or close solos, and I expect she will be a group leader this year. 

As for putting vets in each interview group, I have a theory that it's a similar strategy as the finals dance auditions groups, minus the hair color. Weaker vets (or those thought to be on the bubble) are in groups with a solid vet as a means of comparison, in terms of knowledge, speaking/interpersonal skills, and other ambassador-worthy qualities. IIRC, most of the vets who've been shown bombing interviews had strong vets in their group (ie, Caila, Alyssa T, Kat). 

To some upthread comments about girls who do or don't know if they're on the bubble: I asked @ShellyB if the bubble vets get notified about areas that need improvement to stay on the team or if they might get urged to retire. She said that everyone gets an evaluation at the end of the year, which would address such issues, and that, to her knowledge, they've never urged someone not to try out again. So, surely they have a clue, unless, as others have said, they just don't care to hear it. (I'm thinking of Ashley Pro, for example, who tearfully told the camera that, "I don't understand" about the veteran cuts, and I was like, did you really not know how off your dancing was and how "out of shape" you'd gotten? She definitely had jiggle and looked thicker in her solo costume and audition uniform, fell early out of turns and her tumbling, had dreck kicks, and spaced on choreo. It's ok to be sad and even a little surprised they really cut her, but what's not to understand?) That said, I'd love to see this be as year that all the vets make it to Training Camp! Bloodbaths make for good TV drama (hello, Game of Thrones), but they make me sad, even when I see why particular vets got cut. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Oklahomama said:

What are your bets for the MTT promo banner? Who's going to be the blonde? They're down to like, 2 ?

Probably Maggie. They've already used her as a promo girl.

(edited)

It seems like they've kept the banner girls from year to year until they retire. Schram, Kinzie, Veronica, Mia, etc. Erica has been on it two years running.  Since neither Erica, nor Kashara or Robin are retiring, I imagine it might stay the same. That seems a little boring though! But how do they suddenly boot girls from the banner who still are on the team if they haven't before? I guess, just do it. But I'd hate to see any of those three demoted--they're all gorgeous and excellent DCCs. 

Edited by M1977G

I feel like Madeleine could close the solos if she did a hip hop routine. I don't know how much she stands out if she just does the usual (is it jazz?) with tricks. I wish Erica would do a hip hop solo! I think the most underrated dancer in DCC is Robyn. She is freaking amazing! Like just put her at point already.. lol

• Love 2

I forgot about schedule availability. They have to work around that too while they are scheduling the panel interviews. I think they work hard to just make sure there is at least one veteran in the room at all times. 

I am loving the retiring vet interviews on Facebook and twitter! It's interesting seeing the game footage of them dancing. Jennifer's nearly made me tear up bc she was so cute. I'm happy for all the girls and hope Mandy got to do one, too! 

Speaking of Mandy, her retirement seemed pretty abrupt. Especially since she went on calendar last month. I hope everything is okay. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

I am loving the retiring vet interviews on Facebook and twitter! It's interesting seeing the game footage of them dancing. Jennifer's nearly made me tear up bc she was so cute. I'm happy for all the girls and hope Mandy got to do one, too! 

Speaking of Mandy, her retirement seemed pretty abrupt. Especially since she went on calendar last month. I hope everything is okay

She moved here because of boyfriend I think, some speculated earlier that she was pregnant. Either way, I assume it was last minute because of a life change. 

Guest djd123

IMO Allie looks so much more glam than she did when she made the team. I did not care for her look last season but she looks beautiful for interviews.

2 hours ago, djd123 said:

IMO Allie looks so much more glam than she did when she made the team. I did not care for her look last season but she looks beautiful for interviews.

I was just thinking this when I saw the pic. In the words of charlotte, there's a big womanly difference between last year and this year. Go Allie!

• Love 4

What time do you all expect (based on past years) they will announce those who will be invited to training camp?  I want to know when to start monitoring Twitter for deactivations!

Guest djd123

I'm so glad I have the day off so I can keep an eye on social media tomorrow to see who makes it into TC #priorities

I dont get why they remove the profile pics when they deactive the twitter handles tho mind you i noticed they replaced it with a "new" handle. eg I noticed  that Danielle's handle turned to "@DaniMarieB123" but then a new "dcc_danielle" was created in May 2017. (Well I couldn't really "find it" if I typed in dcc_danielle" but if you looked on the cowboy cheerleader handle and click on the "dcc_danielle" you can see it).

On 5/11/2017 at 8:39 PM, Oklahomama said:

What are your bets for the MTT promo banner? Who's going to be the blonde? They're down to like, 2 ?

My dvr episodes used to be The logo on one folder and then season 8 always records in a separate folder that had Tessa Christine's face, but it has since changed on my dish network to Kashara's Rookie cameo.  Kashara maybe...

On 5/11/2017 at 4:50 PM, Smplsimon said:

Bases on the auditions of vets trickling in....I see no obvious problems.  2 rookies;  Jessika & Madeline looked beautiful & strong.  

What does everyone think so far?  I know they are on the field now.

55 minutes ago, Annette said:

Bases on the auditions of vets trickling in....I see no obvious problems.  2 rookies;  Jessika & Madeline looked beautiful & strong.  

What does everyone think so far?  I know they are on the field now.

I don't think Jessika looked very strong. Madeline, Tasha, Erika and Carsten seemed to rock it though 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Annette said:

Where is everyone watching the solos from?  Help a fan out!

There's some full videos on the DCC twitter, there's some short clips on the DCC  insta story and apparently some on snapchat

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Did we know that Holly's mom was a KC Chiefs cheerleader? She posted pics of her mom on Instagram today.  I don't remember hearing it before but I'm blonde so ;) lol

Awww, that makes my heart happy. I don't follow Holly so thanks for sharing. I'm friends with a few former Chiefs cheerleaders (thanks high school!) and I have to say I like the direction their uniforms took in later years. Lol. 

The DCC uniform really just doesn't date like so many others, small tweaks aside. It really is classic. 

• Love 1

Madeline's Mom was a Jazz dancer back in the day.

55 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Did we know that Holly's mom was a KC Chiefs cheerleader? She posted pics of her mom on Instagram today.  I don't remember hearing it before but I'm blonde so ;) lol

• Love 3

I expect better technique from maddie, but I also can't judge technique other than the obvious falling out of a turn (coughyukocough)