Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 4/24/2017 at 5:52 PM, bigskygirl said:

I like the hair length on two year vet Amy. She looks good with shorter hair. Holly would look better with a different hair color and maybe some extra layers. I hated what they did to former DCC Emma's hair. I thought she looked good with the hair she had when she tried out in Season 6. A different length with a different part and some touch up hair color and highlights would have been better instead of the red hair she has now.

@ShellyB  do the allstars have different rules regarding personal appearance than the regular DCC (are they required to get permission for hair changes etc?)

9 hours ago, cgloss said:

Had no idea Khalyn had tried out before. Also, her left fingers in this pic is creeping me out. Love her though!

Khalyn is honestly one of my faves from last year...she is so beautiful and seems to have a lot of technical ability.  So wow, that's Ashley Pro in the background, didn't put together that that was actually a pic from the first year she tried out. Not wearing pointe shoes should have clued me in tho lol 

• Love 4

No offense to Khalyn, but I am surprise they took her with the gasp between her two front teeth. Other girls would have been cut for the same thing. And once again I know I am in the minority, but I do not see her as a DCC.

There's a few rookies from this year that totally blend into one another. I always forget Khalyn is on the team, sometimes I forget about Cersten and then she's hanging out with Jenna/Erica/Holly so I remember who she is. I forget about Milan too. I hope that's not an indicator of who will be cut this year. 

to be honest, i never even noticed Khalyn's teeth till months in when there was a super close up of her face.  I don't think it's an issue of beauty at ALL and kind of like Jenna's scar, it shows that the girls aren't expected to be 100% flawless. 

Cersten I keep forgetting about because she deleted her IG...i used to follow her and she posted a good bit.   Selina and Jessika are the ones I always forget about and they are both certainly pretty! 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, cgloss said:

Woooow. Has Chantal had work done?

I like Amy as a brunette, too.

I think Chantel just grew up (aside from having her boobs done).

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

No offense to Khalyn, but I am surprise they took her with the gasp between her two front teeth. Other girls would have been cut for the same thing. And once again I know I am in the minority, but I do not see her as a DCC.

I disagree. I don't think alot of people even focus on that enough to know she has one, and even if they did, it's not a make or break.

6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

to be honest, i never even noticed Khalyn's teeth till months in when there was a super close up of her face.  I don't think it's an issue of beauty at ALL and kind of like Jenna's scar, it shows that the girls aren't expected to be 100% flawless. 

Cersten I keep forgetting about because she deleted her IG...i used to follow her and she posted a good bit.   Selina and Jessika are the ones I always forget about and they are both certainly pretty! 

This.

• Love 5

I think Khalyn is one of the prettiest ones on the team. She's isn't cutesy, or overly made up pageant glam, but she looks like she could take the cover of Vogue. Plus she's one of the few who looks muscular and fit, but still curvy, instead of being too thin stringy or looking like she's fighting weight constantly.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't think alot of people even focus on that enough to know she has one, and even if they did, it's not a make or break.

Agreed...I've seen pictures of Khalyn's face up close and never noticed a gap in her teeth.  I also agree with @RazzleberryPie, I think Khalyn looks like a model.  Check her out on the Cowboys Fitness website, she looks awesome http://cowboysfit.com/#classes

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think Khalyn is one of the prettiest ones on the team. She's isn't cutesy, or overly made up pageant glam, but she looks like she could take the cover of Vogue. Plus she's one of the few who looks muscular and fit, but still curvy, instead of being too thin stringy or looking like she's fighting weight constantly.

All of this.?

• Love 4

Jenna at point, with Erica and Amy L in the triangle at their performance for draft. No, this doesn't mean "anything" (but let's be real it kind of does).

Happy to see Amy getting her shine! She's so adorable. Maybe she'll keep her spot in the triangle, but I could see them putting Lacey or Holly there too. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
On 4/27/2017 at 9:33 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Jenna at point, with Erica and Amy L in the triangle at their performance for draft. No, this doesn't mean "anything" (but let's be real it kind of does).

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Erica for point girl!!!  There is a pic from Bimini I think taken on the last day with 8 DCCs in uniform with this same triangle. Again, it might not mean anything but I agree that it probably does. 

I loved Rookie Jenna and every year after EXCEPT for 5 year vet Jenna. In my opinion Jenna has seeked A LOT of attention this year but her announcing her retirement and the changing her mind a few days later seems like immaturity at best. Then some of her Instagrams were over the top. Why post that her soul is royalty and she is a queen? What the what???? Right now she looks like a risky choice for point girl.

A world class team needs a world class point girl. As good as Jenna is, Erica (to me) would make for a better all-around point girl. 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Happy to see Amy getting her shine! She's so adorable. Maybe she'll keep her spot in the triangle, but I could see them putting Lacey or Holly there too. 

The picture on the dcc twitter page has Jenna, Erica, and Melissa in the triangle.

7 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

My bad again. I'm going to ground myself from posting until I get my eyes checked. I could have sworn it looked like Amy.

#headstothecorner

haha it does kinda but i think it was just show group right? amy l wasn't in it (surprisingly) this past year. 

3 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

I love this choreography! the girls always look like they are having so much fun with her stuff :) 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I literally cringed at Yuko trying to be sexy cause it just didn't work

I watched the video 4 times before seeing your comment. I haven't even noticed Yuko and I tried really hard to spot her. Ok maybe I'm a hater but all I could say after spotting her was... what the hell? She isn't good. Definitely not dcc good and she's been a dcc for a year.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha it does kinda but i think it was just show group right? amy l wasn't in it (surprisingly) this past year. 

I love this choreography! the girls always look like they are having so much fun with her stuff :) 

I couldn't keep my eyes off of Erica and Holly! If they don't want to make Erica point girl, at least put Holly please. I hate the faces she makes from time to time, but at least with her it's obvious that she's going at it so strong that the faces aren't exactly on purpose.But Jenna (and especially in this choreo) does the one thing I absolutely HATE in every setting and most definitely in dance as well: she's making all these "i'm so sexy look at me faces" and I can't stand it.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Willow said:

I feel like I never really paid attention to Jax, and now I can't stop watching her. She's so great.

Agree. She's been more on my radar this year since she made show group. I love her and I'm bummed she's retiring. I honestly think I'm the most sad about her and Claire because they flew so far under the radar. I need more!

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I watched the video 4 times before seeing your comment. I haven't even noticed Yuko and I tried really hard to spot her. Ok maybe I'm a hater but all I could say after spotting her was... what the hell? She isn't good. Definitely not dcc good and she's been a dcc for a year.

Haha yeah, definitely not any good. I'm not sure if it's the language barrier but choreography is just moves so you can see neecie in the video showing them how to do things

1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

couldn't keep my eyes off of Erica and Holly! If they don't want to make Erica point girl, at least put Holly please. I hate the faces she makes from time to time, but at least with her it's obvious that she's going at it so strong that the faces aren't exactly on purpose.But Jenna (and especially in this choreo) does the one thing I absolutely HATE in every setting and most definitely in dance as well: she's making all these "i'm so sexy look at me faces" and I can't stand it.

Me, too! 100% agree. Maybe I need to get out my tin foil hat, but what I gleaned from this is with Holly's group, they don't care to let her be the front of the triangle, and they look like a cohesive group. She's not overpowering, and they're no cowering, so everybody blends.

In the second group, Jenna is so Thirsty for point, that she looks like she's competing with Erica. Note that there's no 'point' and both of them are up front. Jenna will have to be drugged, thrown in a sack, and locked into a trunk before she lets anybody else in that point spot. I wouldn't mind seeing her duke it out with Holly, even though I'd still like to see Erica at point. She has the skill and never, ever takes a bad photo. That spot is photographed so much.

ETA = they start off with Erica at point, but Jenna jumps up there, so there's two at point, and then second row just on its own. SIT YO BUTT DOWN, JENNA. If I were choreographer, I'd shift her to the back just for that. Seriously.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

"The Great Mystery of the DCC World" Shocking that she has had experience on 4 professional teams

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, StarGazer00 said:

Is Jessica the only confirmed All Star we know about so far? Anybody have any insight?

I'm pretty sure, she's the only one I've seen comment about it on instagram. Danielle hasn't really responded to people unless she knows them.

5 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Haha yeah, definitely not any good. I'm not sure if it's the language barrier but choreography is just moves so you can see neecie in the video showing them how to do things

No way it's the language barrier! It's not about her not getting the choreography (which might have been an issue of her not understanding English but again, so many girls were cut for being an "ambassador risk" and here you got a mediocre dancer who can't even speak the language), it's her execution of the choreography. That's lack of talent, not difficulty in understanding the language.

4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Me, too! 100% agree. Maybe I need to get out my tin foil hat, but what I gleaned from this is with Holly's group, they don't care to let her be the front of the triangle, and they look like a cohesive group. She's not overpowering, and they're no cowering, so everybody blends.

In the second group, Jenna is so Thirsty for point, that she looks like she's competing with Erica. Note that there's no 'point' and both of them are up front. Jenna will have to be drugged, thrown in a sack, and locked into a trunk before she lets anybody else in that point spot. I wouldn't mind seeing her duke it out with Holly, even though I'd still like to see Erica at point. She has the skill and never, ever takes a bad photo. That spot is photographed so much.

ETA = they start off with Erica at point, but Jenna jumps up there, so there's two at point, and then second row just on its own. SIT YO BUTT DOWN, JENNA. If I were choreographer, I'd shift her to the back just for that. Seriously.

Yes I noticed that too! maybe they didn't have a clear formation and maaaybe we're overreacting but I totally agree. And she is definitely trying too hard to shine while Erica is standing there looking sexy without acting like a spastic AND then Holly is just... Holly. It's obvious she tone it down and yet she is killing it. I'm not a fan of her expressions but I think that's something she can learn to control, but daaamn that girl is amazing.

• Love 2
On 4/26/2017 at 2:38 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

@ShellyB  do the allstars have different rules regarding personal appearance than the regular DCC (are they required to get permission for hair changes etc?)

All Stars have the same rules and contract as Current DCC. Occasdionally, hairstyles change. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Yeah, I can't stand Jenna ovetall but Holly is absolutely amazing!

All the girls are doing the sexy faces and moves.  I guess I just don't see where Jenna is overdoing anything? I also doubt she is is competing with Erica.  Ericka is probably the last thing on her mind.  Jenna is just as good and and as beautiful. My guess is they are all just having fun dancing. She seems well liked by all her teammates. 

• Love 9
(edited)

From Twitter:

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." We're sure going to miss these amazing DCC! Wishing you all the best ladies!

C8cDMT8UwAAIeB8.jpg

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 7