Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, Teresa said:

Two more episodes than Season 7. Exciting! I wonder if they'll fake out with the whole mid-season "veterans only going to shoot the swimsuit calendar".

Thats what I thought too. August 3rd is a bit early. A while ago I suggested that they should start the season with the swimsuit episode and then move to auditions. I hope they do that! 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 3

I would love to see the swimsuit calendar shoot featured before tryouts start instead of the fake pretending the shoot happens after the new squad is announced. I also would love to see how the girls and the vets get ready for tryouts. Come on CMT and bring in some variety on the show instead of the same ole, same ole from the last eleven seasons. I also would love a two hour finals episode and two hour last season episode.

I know several people mentioned featuring swimsuit and more vet prep in that survey they released a few months back. Let's hope the early premier and extra episode is foreshadowing some changes? 

• Love 2

Survey? How did you get that? I missed it!

Why did they even do that fakeout in those two seasons about the timing of the swimsuit shoot? Was it really necessary?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I mentioned the same things when I took the survey.  I hope this means they listened to us

Is there another cmt survey or are you referring to the one on FB from last year?

25 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Is there another cmt survey or are you referring to the one on FB from last year?

I'm pretty sure everyone is referring to the one from FB last year

Does anyone think the banquet is tonight since  auditions start Saturday? Or do you think it is next week since they advance to finals. Just seems like next week would have a LOT going on with panel interviews and such 

(edited)

Hmm interesting. I watched hollys live instagram and she just had her makeup done, maybe she did that in advance of the banquet tonight. 

Side note: I'm such a holly fan. I thought it was cute that she said she's closest with Madeline, Jenna and Erica when asked by one of the people watching. I think she'll get a leadership role this season and move to a prominent spot in the triangle. Hopefully not the dreaded spot Erica got last year. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Yep yep just saw holly's instagram story with the pretty glass name plaques. Why am I so excited? lol 

I vote for them taking the money they spent on those plaques to extend the season further. #canIgetanamen

I'd imagine the retiring girls Twitters will go to personal soon, so maybe we should send in our final goodbye tweets. Few leaving, but really great ones! (still heartbroken over Jax) 

I'm hoping Jessica as VOTY and Maddie for ROTY

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1

Oh wow!! Congrats to Jessica, that girl deserved it! I was rooting for Jennifer but I had an inkling when Jessica became an allstar. 

Who will be rookie of the year, Maggie!?

Just now, SnoopyJam said:

Oh wow!! Congrats to Jessica, that girl deserved it! I was rooting for Jennifer but I had an inkling when Jessica became an allstar. 

Who will be rookie of the year, Maggie!?

See my post above 

Oh wow!!! Im so happy, I loveee Heather O!!!! I always thought that of the 3 new blondes (Maggie Mandy and Heather) that she got less profile. Applause to both girls! And all the rookies for getting her ring.

So cute, that photo is like the 3 rookies of the year :) Jennifer Kashara and Heather O!

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Who was rookie of the year between Jen and Kashara?

Who was VOTY last few years? 

Lacey I believe. (Someone correct me if wrong)

Edited by HowdeeDo
(edited)
23 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Lacey I believe. (Someone correct me if wrong)

It was Mary.

Vet of the year last year (2015-2016) was Holly Arielle I believe. Not sure about 2014-2015. It might have been Nicole but I can't remember if she got Pro Bowl AND voty. If it wasn't her then it must have been either Emma or Sydney. 2013-2014 was Lauren Williams and 2012-2013 was Jackie Bob.

Edited by Oranaiche
5 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

It was Mary.

Vet of the year last year (2015-2016) was Holly Arielle I believe. Not sure about 2014-2015. It might have been Nicole but I can't remember if she got Pro Bowl AND voty. If it wasn't her then it must have been either Emma or Sydney. 2013-2014 was Lauren Williams and 2012-2013 was Jackie Bob.

I do believe it was Nicole...I feel like I remember a tweet where she was over the moon about being pro bowl and VOTY. 

congrats to Jessica for VOTY!!! so well deserved to her, Danielle or Jenn but she was one of those girls who flew under the radar but was always so positive and gracious. and I love Heather O - she seems like a doll  They had so many super sweet girls in the rookie class this year so what an honor for her! 

• Love 6

So happy that Jessica was vet of the year. Had a feeling it was between Jessica and Danielle.  

Last five ROTYs were Kashara, Mary, Jenn K, Jacie, and Holly. I remember last year they had a great pic of the five ROTYs. 

• Love 1

I'm so glad Jessica got it. Not that Jennifer didn't deserve it, but I'm glad they gave it to someone else lol

1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

So happy that Jessica was vet of the year. Had a feeling it was between Jessica and Danielle.  

Last five ROTYs were Kashara, Mary, Jenn K, Jacie, and Holly. I remember last year they had a great pic of the five ROTYs. 

I agree, so happy for Jessica! Seems like such a positive and hardworking person. Well, we can assume Heather O will be safe at finals. I had a feeling she was well liked by Kelli and Judy since she was included in those uniform beach pics at calendar shoot. 

I was trying to find that pic of the past ROTY, but I can't remember who posted it!! 

• Love 2

Heather O. has blossomed in confidence, performance, and looks this year.  She also comes across as mature and grounded, which are important attributes to have.  ROTY is a big honor, especially in this Rookie class, and it certainly means that the organization has great confidence in her long term potential as a future team leader.

I love it how every year the ROTY sort of surprises us, not necessarily being the obvious "Star" of the class, but rather the one who best combines maturity, niceness, groundedness, and has the respect of her teammates.  Mary is ROTY with a class that included Erica and Melissa, Kashara was ROTY with teammates like Amy T and Holly, and now Heather O. is ROTY with Rookies like Maddie and Maggie.

• Love 8

I'm sort of on the fence with Jenna's dress. I'm not sure a banquet for your "part time job" is an appropriate place to wear a tube dress with cleavage...

VOTY and ROTY are voted by the girls, and I am sure Kelli and Judy approved the choices. It does not mean the girls are the best dancers, but it does show how the other girls feel about them in relations to their leadership skills, personality and how well they do get along with the other girls. It is a great honor to be chosen by your teammates especially when other girls may outshined you performance wise at first.

55 minutes ago, crazydegulady said:

Saw a picture of Mandy on twitter and her dress is rather risqué 

Took the words right off my fingers. Can't just call Jenna out on her dress, because Mandy's was a similar style. Off the shoulder and cleavage. 

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I'm sort of on the fence with Jenna's dress. I'm not sure a banquet for your "part time job" is an appropriate place to wear a tube dress with cleavage...

Took the words right off my fingers. Can't just call Jenna out on her dress, because Mandy's was a similar style. Off the shoulder and cleavage. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DCCFAN71 said:

I haven't seen Mandy's full dress...eek girls

I don't think they are TOO bad...not what i'd feel comfortable wearing, but i feel like i've seen worse. 

it's always funny to me how their ends up being a similar style each year that you see the majority of the girls wearing...this year it's the lace (in Jenna's group alone four girls are wearing it!) 

12 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I need a link to see these dresses please, esp Mandy's bc I think I may have seen Jenna's have to go look at pics again

• Love 5

Mandy and Jenna's dresses are so similar, both off the shoulder and cleavage baring. I can't speak cause my dress for my former job's holiday party was a little revealing lol

49 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don't think they are TOO bad...not what i'd feel comfortable wearing, but i feel like i've seen worse.

Same.

• Love 5

It's tough to see Mandy's dress in that pic (the length is fine), but Jenna's doesn't look that bad IMO, although more cocktail-ish than many of the girls dressses. I'm sure many people have worn tube top dresses through the years to the banquet, which is basically what that is. Its possible that it looks worse from another angle of course, but if anything, I think jenna/Mandy stick out because everyone else in the pic went with the high neck/sleeveless look.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

So happy for Jessica and Heather O! :) Rewatching season 11 and I'm glad that "Vanilla" Heather is now ROTY!! :)

Me too! I really like both of them . Heather O.  has blossomed for sure. I am glad it was them and not the ones "pro dance cheer" predicted. I love an underdog!

Edited by mcmrdh
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

it's always funny to me how their ends up being a similar style each year that you see the majority of the girls wearing...this year it's the lace (in Jenna's group alone four girls are wearing it!) 

I like their dresses. Honestly, its no different than the shirts they wear for the uniforms. Hell these dresses are mild compared to the cleavage they show in the DCC uniform. 

• Love 3

I like those dresses but I gotta say my eyes go straight to Stephanie, between her and Holly I think maybe I have a thing for red heads, that's ok so does hubby LOL Maybe I can finally get him to watch the show with me.

• Love 2