Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Kelsey carries that swimsuit off very well, and IMO with class but I agree it's not the best choice. Seems hypocritical on the one hand for K & J to criticize TCC Ika for being too much girl from last night, then on the other hand to choose a swimsuit like this for photos!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Anyway, I think Nicole B is one of the most beautiful DCC's ever.

I concur!  I probably sound like a broken record, but she & Meredith are my 2 girl crushes!

• Love 1

I would wear the sh*t out of Kelsey's bikini...on a private beach or in a private jacuzzi with a partner lol. 

Maybe on a wild weekend away with the girls (in a place where i wouldn't be out of place [like, Brazil] or it would be extremely improbable anyone would see me [e.g. some random Greek island]). 

Otherwise, for regular beach/pool wear? Lol, no. Personally, the top screams pls give me 'attention/validation'. 

(Then again I see skimpier bikinis just walking around Sydney on the reg and I really love Brazilian cut bikini bottoms so...dunno, maybe this is what bikinis have come to? Bits of floss with holes in it?)

• Love 1

Not many other girls could pull that bikini off but she looks so good! Maybe it's too much for the calendar shoot but we've got guys hanging these things up in their lockers. It can't be any worse than sports illustrated swimsuit edition that they pin up in calendars lol

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think she looks incredible! 

I was just going on about my thoughts as an item of clothing I'd pick up and wear. 

(Also tbh I don't really have any issue with the skimpier bikinis on the DCC...they're literally picked to shake it in hot pants with their boobs pushed up to their eyebrows. It's a *bikini* shoot, which is part of their job. What is 5cm of under-boob on top of everything else haha)

• Love 1

Agree @heatherrrrz and @autumdusk. I don't mind that bikini at all. I think Kelsey pulls it off really well, and it doesn't look raunchy to me (I said the same thing about the tan/black suit that she wore that's the same pattern as the solid black one). I think on a girl with larger breasts it would be too much. Kelsey has curves, but she's not overly endowed and I think it looks just right.

• Love 7

I have to say this about Kelsey...from the years that we watched her, she hasn't changed much, and by that I mean her body always pretty much looked the same.  Say what you will about her dancing, but that girl will most likely never get a weight warning!

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, GAgirl said:

I didn't really like this picture actually, the shadow on her face and teeth look weird for some reason. But I love the shot of her on the yacht, so I agree she'd be a prime candidate for cover

Kelsey's swimsuit would have been perfect for this lol, what a shame...

IMG_1467.JPG

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, GAgirl said:

I didn't really like this picture actually, the shadow on her face and teeth look weird for some reason. But I love the shot of her on the yacht, so I agree she'd be a prime candidate for cover

I love Kelsey and I love this picture, but I keep having flashbacks of poor Kat getting chewed out during her panel interview for her dress having a tiny cut. Yes Kat, how dare you think that this dress would fit in the image of the DCC? 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I love Kelsey and I love this picture, but I keep having flashbacks of poor Kat getting chewed out during her panel interview for her dress having a tiny cut. Yes Kat, how dare you think that this dress would fit in the image of the DCC? 

Kelsey wearing the one swimsuit is representing the DCC the way Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte want her to. Kat got chewed out for not  representing herself the DCC way at her final interview.

21 hours ago, California Girl said:

Kelsey is a beautiful woman wearing lingerie.  I suppose they are going for a Victoria's Secret look, but I agree that it verges on bad taste and overexposure.  Guess we are not the target audience for the calendar ;)

That's not her boobs. Isn't that the color of the swimsuit? If not, that's a very racy swimsuit indeed.

Wow. I stand corrected. That is crazy. That swimsuit is a couple of wrong moves away from a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Hummingbird24 said:

That's not her boobs. Isn't that the color of the swimsuit? If not, that's a very racy swimsuit indeed.

Wow. I stand corrected. That is crazy. That swimsuit is a couple of wrong moves away from a Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction.

I thought that the first time! Like it was just mesh. Then I looked again and thought 'oh dear'

13 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelsey wearing the one swimsuit is representing the DCC the way Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte want her to. Kat got chewed out for not  representing herself the DCC way at her final interview.

I'm sorry I still think they're being huge hypocrites. They can deny it all they want. but the DCC work uniform is tiny and they definitely don't do this for the female fans who could care less if they were completely covered up or naked. The calendar and the extremely tacky swimsuit runway is again for the same reason. When Kat got a lecture for her terrible choice, some people posted pics of other girls' dressed that were extremely inappropriate (too low, cuts at the back etc). You can't tell me that her dress was THAT inappropriate. Yes I wouldn't wear it in an interview but in most of my jobs up until now I definitely wouldn't be allowed to wear what the DCCs are wearing so acting like they are so modest and Kat was out of the line is stupid. Aaaand she could have told her at the end of the interview because thanks to her comment Kat lost all her confidence-and I didn't even want Kat on the squad.

To get back on topic, the point here is "you can be tacky only when we are going to profit from this".

• Love 4

Its definitely hypocrisy. I get that its a photoshoot for swimsuits and bikinis, and I get that men are the target audience, but there are plenty of sexy swimsuits that don't show exposed breasts like that or aren't basically thongs, like we saw in some of the earlier photos. Kelsey's swimsuit would be great as lingerie, but there's nothing about that picture that screams "America's Sweethearts." Likewise, I feel the same way when they have them posing with the bikini strings loose or when they've done those trashy fashion shows at the beach. With that said, I don't necessarily feel sorry for Kat or other girls who have gotten cut for racy pics or outfits in the past. By this point, the double standards are well known. If you're given a racy bathing suit or barely there DCC uniform to wear at a specific event(s) by DCC staff, then cool. If you're not, its probably a good idea (and not terribly difficult to understand IMO) to wear something cute but uncontroversial. So hypocritical, yes, but they know what they're signing up for at this point.

• Love 3

@dreamcatcher and @Jess14, I totally agree it is hypocritical for one of the judges to jump on Kat for showing a little skin at finals, but then turn around and have a DCC wearing a racy swimsuit during calendar shoot. I guess Kat was not out to make a profit for the DCC organization when she came in with the one dress on, so she was fair game. I do remember someone saying she was late for her interview and almost missed it. If it was true she was late why not bring in up instead of attacking her over the dress. I have seen girls were short dresses on the show to the point where I can almost see their cash and prizes aka Brittany's dress during the one scene in Season 7 where she was talking with TC Ashley. Where was the outrage over that. I also call it hypocritical when they call out fans for saying the girls look too thin, too soft, too much makeup, too much tanning, etc. etc. when the judges and especially Kelli and Charlotte do the same darn thing at tryouts and during TC. I guess it is alright to do so because it is for  so-called betterment of the team, but God forbid someone outside the organization does the same thing.

Exactly!  love the DCCs and I do think they are all extraordinary women. They need to have the looks, the skills and the personality so it definitely is hard to get on the squad. And I don't blame them for trying out and staying even though they are completely taken advantage of (like all cheerleaders anyway). I just don't like that Kelli and Charlotte act like we don't see them as cheerleaders or that they are using their sex appeal to target men. And I do think that as women we appreciate the DCCs more. Let's be honest, the average fan at the stadium doesn't care about their personalities or the sacrifices they had to make in order to earn the uniform. And especially with the DCCs that are so well known and they do profit from these girls, they could definitely pay them a bit more. That is completely unacceptable imo.

• Love 2

I personally would love to see the DCC Organization budget. I read a few years ago Kelli said the budget was around one million dollars. What floors me is in Season 4 when Charlotte talked about how much it cost for the new stadium. I was like really...around one million dollars budget for the cheerleaders, but you could not take some money to pay the girls more out of the new stadium budget. I also find it interesting when Kelli said the Sidelines Calendars were selling better than the Swimsuit Calendars. Not enough male appeal I guess.

Here's why, in a nutshell, they won't/can't take stadium budget to pay the cheerleaders.

There are multiple entities that make up the Dallas Cowboys. Same for any large team or business. I couldn't tell you exact names or details, but anyone with enough interest could most likely look up tax records, etc.  Keep in mind that out of the whole Dallas Cowboys pie, the cheerleaders are a really, really minor part. We love them, but in the big picture, they're not essential or have as much weight as the actual players or especially marketing/branding from merchandise.

There's probably one entity that is player/coach/actual football specific, one for management (business side, operations, etc.), one or many more for food and beverage, quite a few for various merchandise, ticket sales, the resort/health club/fitness center, stadium construction, etc. One for the cheerleaders. At least one foundation for charitable giving. They may all fall under the parent company umbrella, but you're most likely not going to lump them all under one budget. They are also not going to borrow from one or the other. If one area doesn't make a profit, it's going to fold, no matter how fun or what a good idea it sounded like on paper.

So if the cheerleaders have a budget of $1M, they're generating close to that. If they weren't, tradition wouldn't matter.  They'd shut them down. They're also not going to take money from another, and lose that profit, to pay the cheerleaders any more than they have to. Now I do think that if they'd just hire the girls at a modest, full time wage, they could have the girls market themselves more for appearances, and possibly turn enough profit to pay them more. Maybe sort of like a commission even. So many of these girls end up in marketing/sales backgrounds, they could generate a lot of interest in appearances, camps, fitness classes, etc. It would be a big undertaking, but it could be done.

• Love 5

The cheerleaders are considered part time, so I do not think they will end up with a modest full time wage. Kelli and crew probably go by what the DCC organization bring in revenue to pay the girls for home games and appearances. Like I said I would love to see how much the girls do bring in for revenue, and the total expenses for the budget year. Does part of the usual one million dollar budget cover tryouts and training camp? Maybe this is why the squad went from 39 to 34-36 girls a year.

How many hours per week is considered "part time" in the US? Because in my country the most you could do as a part time employee is 30 hours per week. The DCCs with game days, training, appearances and everything certainly do at least 30 hrs. I'm not saying they should be paid way more, but definitely closer to minimum wage.

On 4/7/2017 at 4:08 PM, bigskygirl said:

Brenda is the one that went off on Kat.  Kelli went off about it in deliberations.  Kat now works for the Star Fit (or whatever it's called). I still secretly hope her and caila came back and blew them away! 

On 4/7/2017 at 4:18 PM, Oranaiche said:

Lol, the hooker boots pic is from last year. But yeah, it's foul.

Lol you mean the dominatrix look isn't back in style? It never was? ? They were wrong for that! 

• Love 1

I thought the girls got paid for practices now. There are 37 girls on the team, but we have to remember there are a lot of people behind the scenes who need to be paid and may get benefits which eats up a lot of the budget. I would love to know how much tryouts/training camp, swimsuit calendar shoot, etc. etc. cost each year.

Just now, AnnMichele said:

Hey y'all. Madeline is having a live video on Instagram and she said that banquet is in early May. 

Shelly confirmed when I asked too. That's cutting it closer than normal is it not? 

On 4/6/2017 at 7:50 PM, sleepyjean said:

We each have our own individual opinion of where the line is between edgy and trashy. To me, that much exposed breast is a big step over that line. That does not say America's "Sweethearts" to me. That says Frederick's of Hollywood.  Even if I had an amazing body, I wouldn't be caught dead in that, and I would be embarrassed for my friends and family to see me in it.

Definitely shocked !!!!! 

Edited by lfedncr
Wrong site

There's a lot of DCCs that I had no idea had siblings cause they never post about them lol which is true for me too.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

How did I not know that Erica had an older sister? She is gorgeous too - wow!! 

Erica's sister has a DCC look.  Can she dance as well?  If so, Erica should encourage her to audition, I like it when siblings make the team together.

• Love 1

I actually don't think Erica's sister is that cute. Not saying she's ugly by any means, but nowhere near as beautiful as Erica. Also not a fan of the bleached out hair and excessive large accessories, by hey, if it makes her happy, I guess that's all that matters.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, California Girl said:

Erica's sister has a DCC look.  Can she dance as well?  If so, Erica should encourage her to audition, I like it when siblings make the team together.

Her instagram is honestly the antithesis of the DCC lifestyle, but her tag does say she's a "six time national solo champion dancer." However the only dance videos I could find were a couple underwhelming clips from a burlesque class. It looks like she's doing her thing trying to be a singer so I doubt she's interested in DCC.

22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Did anyone else see Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. Yes Virginia, there is a "s" in Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

*raises hand* I did!!!

• Love 2

Simone currently has four bridesmaids and according to her Insta story, there's a few more. I know her maid of honor is on her instagram, one of her friends. But she mentioned there's another maid of honor and I haven't seen that posted. I probably missed the instagram story of the next bridesmaid. But DCC Stephanie is bridesmaid #4

• Love 1

It's so cute that she asked Steph to be her bridesmaid. Seems like she's going for a lot of them if Steph is #4.

8 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Anyone seen this? Guess that ends her season...

That must have been why she wasn't in the performance for that entrepreneur conference.

They're using that picture of Simone, Maggie, Bess and Jinelle in the cowboys swimsuits to advertise the bathing suits at the pro shop but it's the one where Simone looks like she has a muffin top.

Usually Maddie and Holly are my faves to watch but Jenna is actually the one I can't stop watching here!! Even in the other girls' vids she grabs my attention...this choreo is just so perfect for her and her sass! Love it! 

• Love 3
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Jenna and Holly flow well together. 

They would be perfect triangle girls 

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Usually Maddie and Holly are my faves to watch but Jenna is actually the one I can't stop watching here!! Even in the other girls' vids she grabs my attention...this choreo is just so perfect for her and her sass! Love it! 

There is a lightness and sass to Jenna's dancing that I always love.  But my eye was drawn to Maddie in this particular choreography (perhaps because she is in the center), she is very precise and clean with her movements.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, California Girl said:

There is a lightness and sass to Jenna's dancing that I always love.  But my eye was drawn to Maddie in this particular choreography (perhaps because she is in the center), she is very precise and clean with her movements.

I really like Jenna in this video, however I always find Hunter hard to watch. I am not sure if it is the hard basketball style that she has or not, I just find her moves to be so over exaggerated.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

I really like Jenna in this video, however I always find Hunter hard to watch. I am not sure if it is the hard basketball style that she has or not, I just find her moves to be so over exaggerated.

Caila and Hunter both completely melt into the background in that video, neither one stands out in any way.  Then again they are dancing with three of the very best in Holly, Maddie, and Jenna.  Not to discourage Hunter since, after all, Caila is a former DCC.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

Same. When I watch Hunter dancing I feel like it's a parody of hip hop dancing. I know that's not the actual intention, but it comes across that way to me because her dancing is so hard and out of control at times.

• Love 4