Type keyword(s) to search

Four Weddings - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I haven't been on this board in forever, but sooo glad the show is back.  Even if the new format sucks wad.  I'm a girl of routine, a creature of habit.  I knew what to expect on the old format. This was so drawn out, I'm not too big on the history of the couples.  I don't like wedding shows in general, but this was my exception since I like the competition.  Ambri tried a little too hard in sarcasm.  I didn't like the close up pics either.  I don't like seeing hair follicles and moles.  

17 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

It took me forever to understand the scoring system as it is now!!!!

I don't see it on the schedule for next Saturday night.

It took me forever too to get the old scoring system.  This one lost me.  And it said the new Four Weddings season is coming this summer, I think. 

I also agree these girls were probably acquaintances of one who was an acquaintance of another.  I scoped out their FB's last night.  It was good to see Ambri has an actual job.  I was afraid she was actually a full time mom to the dog.

The Northern California girl had some kind of made up accent.  It was driving me crazy.  Reminded me of Christine on Sister Wives who also has a self-made accent.  

So cool Spunkygal you knew Adam the groom!  I'm in San Antonio so loved seeing Texas.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ichbin said:

Definitely.  That and the delusions of superiority.  Why mess with a formula that works!

Omg, yes, that's what made the original so darn entertaining.  Strangers are more likely to kvetch about fake/real flowers, the dj/band, under/over cooked/seasoned food, too much entertainment/not enough entertainment, one dress vs 3 dresses, floss or no floss et al than I'm sure a 'friend' would. Not to mention the whole scoring system is different which WOULD give a bride the opportunity to lowball another but again with the 'friend' aspect will they be as likely? I'm not so sure. What a big MEH.

• Love 2

I went into it knowing it would be a completely different show, & it was, but it just did nothing to really interest me. Maybe if it had been shorter, more to the point, & more of the actual weddings.

The scoring went lower than what I would've expected in the categories, given the (mostly) tactful comments.

I don't mind a dry wedding; it's not a club. She was being respectful to her parents who seemed like nice people, & that is respect worthy of a younger person, especially lately.  The others could've partied it up later, or any other time.

I can't keep everyone's names straight, but as far as the weddings, I liked the first & last ones the best, but was mostly underwhelmed. They were very typical, mostly very nice, but I just felt ho hum about it all.

And just to get some snark in, Ambri's dress was nice but she looked like a sausage in it. The one she actually wanted to wear (& changed into later) was much more flattering.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5

Hmm...Im split on the new concept. I like we got to see more of the groom and about them as couples. I like that when they say that seems or does not seem like the bride it sounds right unlike idea used to say it about other brides who they met only a handful of times.

On the other hand 2 hrs is too long and i miss the bitchy comments because you don't know these women and after its all over you most likely will never see these women again. Chances are were not going to see a bride like Blan bride.

I'll probably watch again but it's not as fun as the original 

• Love 2

Glad the show is back but oh man is the new format weird.  What are the chances you'll find four friends who are about to marry?  Plus it's too damn long.  I dont need to see that much of the groom. I dont watch to get to know the groom.   I watch for mindless details like flowers, cake, venue and the petty messiness of it all....One hour and 15 minutes in...I checked out cause I just didnt care who won.  Hope they get back to the old format.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

And it said the new Four Weddings season is coming this summer, I think. 

Since this episode was some kind of teaser for the new season that doesn't start for another 6 months, I am thinkin this "four friends" thing is only for this episode and they will go back to "four strangers" when the show start up again.

• Love 2

I’m so glad this show is back but I too hope they go back to the original format.   A friend of mine was on one of the earliest seasons and if you have any specific questions I’m happy to ask.   

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, JenG2911 said:

I’m so glad this show is back but I too hope they go back to the original format.   A friend of mine was on one of the earliest seasons and if you have any specific questions I’m happy to ask.   

Questions?  Do we have questions?  Oh you silly girl......lolol!!!

Who was your friend?

Did she watch it as it aired?

Did she win?  Where did she place?  Was she okay with where she placed?

Were the other girls bitchy to her?

Did anyone give her a "3" for not having dental floss?

• Love 4

One of my cousins joined an online group of other brides planning their weddings.  They share info about vendors, etc.  She told me that four of the girls were asked to be on but that there were so many rules they ended up declining.  I don't know all the details but it seems they didn't want to sign their lives away.  I wonder if that means the show can edit you however they want and we all have seen how that can go.

• Love 1

I would love to know if they are asked by producers to amp up the "bitchy." I notice when someone says they enjoy a wedding, then in the final portion of the show, they give a low score and then mention a reason that was never mentioned before, like "the food was cold."

As for the new season, I believe it begins in earnest this summer, this was just a preview, and I have to say....I liked it. Yes, it was too long. But I enjoyed seeing more of the hubbies. They seemed like nice people. My husband hated the Korean girl, he gave no reason though! I liked the reality show essence of it. I don't like that they know each other (or should I use finger quotes, "know" each other!) That means less snark from the brides. More snark!

• Love 1
19 hours ago, ichbin said:

That and the delusions of superiority.  Why mess with a formula that works!

No kidding - I watch so I can see my how my low cost wedding and budget choices are the superior choice!!!  LOL!  Makes me feel good about my inexpensive wedding when I see Marie's Dracula theme $160,000 affair.  (Still shaking my head.) 

I can't believe the new format of four brides who all know each other, who are all getting married within a short time frame!!  Two and two?  Sure that I can buy, especially if they know each other through a bridal planning event, like flower arranging for a wedding or a catering service.

4 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

I watch for mindless details like flowers, cake, venue and the petty messiness of it all....

Bolding mine:  Yes, the petty messiness of it all!!!  Awesome!

I got married the same day as Perfectionist Jane, and am probably unattractively smug that *my* 4:00PM ceremony started precisely at 4:00PM :)  Then again, I didn't have an EIGHTEEN-person wedding party to wrangle (yes, I freeze-framed the wedding program and counted).  I also found myself wondering how in the hell she spent $50K on that shindig--I mean, the venue was indeed spectacular, but the food looked pretty average, I believe all of the plates and cutlery were disposable, the centerpieces were nice, but not jaw-dropping, and there was no alcohol.  I didn't even see any snacks at the "mocktail" hour (no, spellcheck, I do NOT mean "cocktail," stop correcting me!!).  And speaking of which, tea, lemonade, and water are most certainly not mocktails, merely refreshments.

I'm with y'all in thinking this iteration was too long, but it also seems a little less...precious (?) than the old version.  The music isn't so corny, and there aren't those stupid shots of the brides mugging, blowing kisses to the camera, and playing catch with a bouquet.  Small favors?

• Love 8

I enjoyed it - but would not invest 2 hours every week and hope it was just a "special".  I liked seeing the grooms and having them attend the weddings, but I do think they will run out of shows quickly if they have to always have 4 friends (who aren't in each other's giant wedding parties :). I was pleased with the winners and even the orders they placed - that's how I would have rated them too!

In answer to some previous questions I saw:  I know a couple who was on it and won - they did the show because the bride thought it would be fun and the groom said okay; they went on their planned honeymoon and then got to go on another trip when they won.

I caught the show just as we were seeing couple #3, the beer couple.  Ok, a different theme, but why does a wedding require a theme?  It's not a 4 year old's birthday party.  I guess maybe for the sake of the show so you can keep everyone's wedding identified it helps.  The bride's tattoo wasn't too bad, but I didn't see what the groom's tattoo was - it looked a like a blob.

Bride was saying oh Mom is paying (was it 10k or 20k) so she thinks she gets to decide stuff.  Well, it'd be nice to include her since it is her money.  I wouldn't say she gets the final word, though.  If you're really having that many differences, then maybe finance it yourself?  Didn't like the fact that she caved to wear the dress Mom wanted.  It was a nice dress, but clearly not what she wanted.  And if she was still debating about what dress to wear, why did she have professional photos taken of her wearing Mom's choice?  The other dress, while it may have been her choice, was awful looking.  It did look like a prom dress.  Nothing special about it at all.  I can't believe she couldn't find something that looked more bridal but was more her style.  The headpiece looked too overwhelming on her, and it didn't really go with the lace dress.

The last wedding seemed so nice.  The bride's dress was perfect for her, the ceremony gorgeous.  When people have good food at a wedding, it makes me feel like they actually wanted guests, not just people to bring presents.  It doesn't have to be fancy food, but good food. Looked like the food and everything else was well thought out.  They also tried to make it fun with the pinatas.  One bride made a face at that, and I was like oh there's the missing snark.  But no, it was not up to BLAN snark.

I looked at my tv schedule and was like, it's a two hour show?  I guess it was a kick-off special?  I don't buy that they were that close friends, otherwise they'd be in each other's weddings???  More like they knew each other but not in each other's regular circle of friends, maybe friends of friends or met through other groups.  I kind of like the old format better.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Lovecat said:

And there aren't those stupid shots of the brides mugging, blowing kisses to the camera, and playing catch with a bouquet.  

Oh man I totally forgot about this until you mentioned it.  Dear God I hope they don't bring this part of the show back when the new season starts. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, JenG2911 said:

Were you the one back on TWoP who posted about your friend being the "Mouthful of Blue" bride?  She married a Costa Rican I think? 

18 hours ago, Lovecat said:

I got married the same day as Perfectionist Jane, and am probably unattractively smug that *my* 4:00PM ceremony started precisely at 4:00PM :)  

I felt some second hand embarrassment at "and at 4:08, I'll be poised and ready..." and then she wasn't.  Kind of like when first time parents while pregnant say, "And from 2pm-5pm, the baby will sleep so I can put on my makeup and go grocery shopping..."  You have NO idea.  

I'm with y'all in thinking this iteration was too long, but it also seems a little less...precious (?) than the old version.  The music isn't so corny, and there aren't those stupid shots of the brides mugging, blowing kisses to the camera, and playing catch with a bouquet.  Small favors?

Those were the WORST.  Especially when they made them hold onto something and swung them around and around in circles with the camera going up the face so you can see all chins.  Or the giggle out loud.  "hahahaha"  That second-hand embarrassment would come back. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Bride was saying oh Mom is paying (was it 10k or 20k) so she thinks she gets to decide stuff.  Well, it'd be nice to include her since it is her money.

This seems very rude on the bride's part to me.  Paid for both weddings the first time (1994 and last Oct) but not so much to whine about it, it was hey....I was 29 then and now 52 - I think we got this.  Both were lower key affairs that came in under $3000 both times.  I know it makes for good programming but the whiny Bride who wants a $5000 dress plus a $20,000 wedding but wants Mommy and Daddy to foot the whole bill - -grow up, girl!  In fact, it prompted me to make the decision that I (we, really, their stepdad and myself) will fork over $3000 to each kid ONE TIME for any wedding expenses.  Wanna spend it on drink?  Great.  Food?  Super.  Invites and postage?  Sure why not.  I will wear beige and be quiet, as the mother of the groom that is my role.

4 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I felt some second hand embarrassment at "and at 4:08, I'll be poised and ready..." and then she wasn't.  Kind of like when first time parents while pregnant say, "And from 2pm-5pm, the baby will sleep so I can put on my makeup and go grocery shopping..."  You have NO idea.  

Why was she late?  The 18 piece wedding party?  I don't know nor do I even like 18 people.

18 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

When people have good food at a wedding, it makes me feel like they actually wanted guests, not just people to bring presents.  It doesn't have to be fancy food, but good food.

This is very true!!  People are still talking about our food and in a good way!!  People who serve chips and dip and raw veggies (yes I have attended these) kinda baffle me.  Look, I am from MN and a laid back BBQ reception- sign me up.  But you can still serve REAL FOOD on nice plates, cold beer and a comfy seat for all.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Why was she late?  The 18 piece wedding party?  I don't know nor do I even like 18 people.

They never did say why she was late, did they?  As an introvert and loner, I don't know 18 either.  

People who serve chips and dip and raw veggies (yes I have attended these) kinda baffle me.  

And won't spring for the onion dip from Ruffles, they actually get the one in the sour cream tupperware for .59.  And the broccoli has a white-ish tone to it.  

That reminds me of PCOD girl.  Anyone remember that?  Potato Chips and Onion Dip?  On NYE, we were visiting some of my boyfriends friend and they out of nowhere started talking about how good potato chips and onion dip was.  And me, in my head started with "PCOD".  I officially watch too much TV.

• Love 4

So I finally watched it last night and if this was my first rodeo with the show I might not be back!

We learned nothing about the groom's of interest.  I was surprised when the wedded couple were announced and he's a doctor!  Who knew?  Then the doctor and his bride won the trip.  Really!!!

I missed the appetizers when I usually get myself a snack!

I hope the summer session goes back to the original.

17 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Bride was saying oh Mom is paying (was it 10k or 20k) so she thinks she gets to decide stuff.  Well, it'd be nice to include her since it is her money.  I wouldn't say she gets the final word, though.  If you're really having that many differences, then maybe finance it yourself?  Didn't like the fact that she caved to wear the dress Mom wanted.  It was a nice dress, but clearly not what she wanted.  And if she was still debating about what dress to wear, why did she have professional photos taken of her wearing Mom's choice?  The other dress, while it may have been her choice, was awful looking.  It did look like a prom dress.  Nothing special about it at all.  I can't believe she couldn't find something that looked more bridal but was more her style.  The headpiece looked too overwhelming on her, and it didn't really go with the lace dress.

Commenting on the bold...

The bridal gown was pretty, but it did nothing for her but accentuate her mid section where she held some chunk. She's not fat, just saying that it wasn't flattering; she had the sausage look going on.

I liked the other dress, but agree it wasn't bridal. It did suit what she wanted more, & would've gone with the headpiece, which I also agree could've been better a bit smaller or different.

There are wedding dresses with floral elements which probably would've 'married' both mom's wish for a bridal dress & the look she was going for; I don't understand why she settled dress-wise.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

That reminds me of PCOD girl.  Anyone remember that?  Potato Chips and Onion Dip?  On NYE, we were visiting some of my boyfriends friend and they out of nowhere started talking about how good potato chips and onion dip was.  And me, in my head started with "PCOD".  I officially watch too much TV.

I could not even with the PCOD girl...all I could think of was Polycystic Ovarian Disease, probably due to watching too much My Big Fat Fabulous Life.

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

We learned nothing about the groom's of interest.  I was surprised when the wedded couple were announced and he's a doctor!  Who knew?  Then the doctor and his bride won the trip.  Really!!!

I think he may have been the one who figured out the picture of the beer groom's tattoo was sideways, and what they all thought was butt crack was actually the ridge of his spine.  Good to know his expensive medical education is paying off!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Oh dear.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a10402414/tlcs-four-weddings-returns/

Apparently the "four brides who all know each other" IS their conceit for the new season. 

12 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Its not diabolical! Strangers will be more brutally honest than friends or acquaintances or what have you. The show's formula worked before. Why change it up?

WHY?! Why mess with what was working ? And I agree with those that said I had JUST figured out the old scoring proces now i gotta learn this?! Also, that people who know each other will definitely pull their punches. Who the hell wants to hang with a friend who gave you a 4 because she didn't like your food, or some made up thing like "I didn't like that the ceremony was happening while Mercury was in retrograde."

• Love 2

Comcast has a lot of the episodes on Demand.  I recently caught an episode ("and musical chairs...") where the bride was 23 and her groom was 38 - pony-tailed and hippyish.

They spent a large amount on a yacht wedding.  She was very catty and I'm glad she lost. 

Amber and Cesar (the Hawaiian Wedding) are friends of friends and are featured in the "and a giraffe.." AKA B-L-A-N episode. 

On 1/8/2018 at 9:24 PM, hoosier80 said:

The rerun is on and this is Ambri's dress.  Both dresses were not that great.  Mom's dress was NOT flattering to her at all, girl had some thickness to her.  Not calling her chubby or fat, her body does not have as defined a waist as others.  And it was not that special, Mom.  Ambri's dress?  1977 is calling - they want it back.  The crown WAS overwhelming.  Ambri and other brides and grooms:  You want YOUR wedding, YOUR way?  Save up and host your own wedding, especially if you have a Miss Bossy Boots Mom like Ambri's.

Gosh - the scoring and their comments!  "I give her music a 5 as it wasn't my style."  Well shut it - was it too loud?  Was the DJ swearing or sleeping? "It wasn't the best bread pudding!!'  Well did it make you ill in the restroom?  Then it was good enough!  Overall the two hour format is way too long and there is no bitchiness.  I do like hearing a bit about the grooms though.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:23 PM, ichbin said:

Not buying that these are four friends who usually hang out together.  It seems more like four people, with each having at least one friend or acquaintance in common with one of the others.  

On 1/6/2018 at 11:41 PM, druzy said:

I think two of the girls met at church and the other two met at a football party. Did these arranged meetings take place a week before the show filmed?

I kept thinking that if they were close friends, wouldn't they have been bridesmaids (especially if the bridal party included 18 people).

The announcer kept calling them "four life-long friends."  Uh, they met as adults!

On 1/7/2018 at 9:16 AM, tobeannounced said:

I'm really hoping this was two hours because it was a "We're back!" special. I enjoyed it overall, but two hours is too long. Also wondering how they could possibly sustain this "friends" format.

Could not stand Ambri and her gratuitous F bombs and cursing in general. I know I'm from a different generation, but it just seems so "look at me." Otherwise, really enjoyed the other brides and their weddings. It was nice getting to see the grooms as well.

I liked "meeting" the groom's, as well. Ambri is the only one that didn't say how long they dated. She said they met on Tinder and moved in 6 months later. Something tells me they didn't date very long.

On 1/7/2018 at 0:41 PM, Spunkygal said:

Adam's brother is Randy Rogers of the Randy Rogers Band, a very well known and popular c&w group, not just in Texas. I asked if Randy performed and was told that he wrote and performed a song for the couple. I am sure he was not singled out on the show because he wanted it to be about Adam and Amanda. He was the best man and had a full beard. 

Well, goshdarnit, his brother's band could have played at the wedding. One bride scored A & A's music low because they had a deejay rather than a band.

On 1/8/2018 at 4:06 PM, Lovecat said:

I also found myself wondering how in the hell she spent $50K on that shindig--I mean, the venue was indeed spectacular, but the food looked pretty average, I believe all of the plates and cutlery were disposable, the centerpieces were nice, but not jaw-dropping, and there was no alcohol.  

I was surprised it was buffet style, since her wedding was all about elegance. On Four Weddings OG , most of the bride's snark on buffet-style catering.

• Love 2

Pro: focusing on the couples instead of just the brides. All of the grooms seemed like nice guys! It was fun watching them all party together.

Con: two hours is too long. I kept losing interest. I also don't believe they were all good friends. Friendly acquaintances at best, but I may have missed how they were all connected (did I mention I kept losing interest, lol.)

• Love 3

Count me in with those who are saddened that the show is ruined with this new format.  And are we to believe that they were able to identify enough friendship foursomes, getting married at the exact same time, all with wildly different "themes", to support this?  I'm having flashbacks to Toddlers & Tiara's when they destroyed that gem when they changed to the team format. 

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Kiki620 said:

Count me in with those who are saddened that the show is ruined with this new format.  And are we to believe that they were able to identify enough friendship foursomes, getting married at the exact same time, all with wildly different "themes", to support this?  I'm having flashbacks to Toddlers & Tiara's when they destroyed that gem when they changed to the team format. 

Completely agreed. I always thought it must've been difficult enough to find four brides in the same area who wanted to sign up for this anyways. Now they have to find a group of four 'friends'? Seems even more difficult to me.

• Love 2

The new scoring system is the same as it was on Four Weddings Canada so it wasn't as much as a surprise.

I haven't watched Four Weddings in several years but I look forward to it this summer. I miss the crazy of the strangers but I like Four Weddings no matter who it is.

• Love 1

Ducking my head when I say this...

I kind of like the new format.  I enjoyed the groom's involvement and seeing the couples hanging out together at the weddings.  I do think two hours was way too long for an episode. I watched an hour and then watched the remaining hour the next day.

On the previous format, the bitchiness of the brides could often be outright mean and nasty.  You know many low-balled just so they'd score higher, which to me isn't playing fair.  I know... it's reality TV, but still... 

Ducking my head even further to say... I love me some PCOD.  But not at a wedding... the shower maybe though! 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

Ducking my head even further to say... I love me some PCOD.  But not at a wedding... the shower maybe though! 

PCOD? All I'm finding is polycystic ovarian disease, and I've never had that at a wedding or shower :P

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tobeannounced said:

PCOD? All I'm finding is polycystic ovarian disease, and I've never had that at a wedding or shower :P

I think it means Potato Chip and Onion Dip!!  LOL!  I thought the same thing at first.

14 hours ago, eclectcmoi said:

On the previous format, the bitchiness of the brides could often be outright mean and nasty.  You know many low-balled just so they'd score higher, which to me isn't playing fair.  I know... it's reality TV, but still... 

I hear you  - although the bitchiness is half the fun.  "Brenda only had starfish and sand on 90% of her decorations, therefore I give her theme a 4" is kinda dellicious fun.  I do agree on liking the groom's participation!!  It is HIS day too!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

I do get a weird thrill at yelling at the screen at these ladies.

Come sit with me.  I yell at them, roll my eyes at them....openly judge them.  I mock with high frequency, especially after the dress portion.  Sweetheart neckline, glittery belt, they all look the same yet think they look original.  $5000 down the drain.  "It is not the dress I would have picked so I give her a five."  Shut it.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 1

I agree with lots of the comments.  I find it amusing how ladies with such seemingly poor taste, have such high standards. lol  It's bizarre. And who knew that you were just not doing your due diligence if your wedding theme is just NOT creative enough.  And oh, I've never expected a great meal at a wedding reception. I guess I've been deprived, but, that's just not the kind of setting for your food to be perfect, imo.  I suppose it does serve the purpose of showing viewers what types of things that you can do with your particular budget. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree with lots of the comments.  I find it amusing how ladies with such seemingly poor taste, have such high standards. lol  It's bizarre. And who knew that you were just not doing your due diligence if your wedding theme is just NOT creative enough.  And oh, I've never expected a great meal at a wedding reception. I guess I've been deprived, but, that's just not the kind of setting for your food to be perfect, imo.  I suppose it does serve the purpose of showing viewers what types of things that you can do with your particular budget. 

Bolding mine:  Well I did, at my own wedding reception, lol!!  But I hear you:  A plated dinner being served to 200 people at the same time is very difficult.  It is not the same as a piping hot buffet for 50 or less (which mine was) as food will cool on the way out.  Plus mine was at an excellent restaurant that knows how to throw down.  What gets me about their snotty comments is:  NONE OF YOU WERE EVEN INVITED IN THE FIRST PLACE.  So shut it.  Now.  I have said this upthread but no way no how would I have been on this show:  My budget was less than $3000.....so yeah.  Mine was a classy, family and close friends wedding that I would do over if I could.  No theme!!  To have these snots bitching about me would have been too much.  The thought of three strangers gossiping in the corner would have ruined my day, lol!!

• Love 4
On 1/24/2018 at 5:22 AM, tobeannounced said:

On 1/24/2018 at 7:22 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think it means Potato Chip and Onion Dip!!  LOL!  I thought the same thing at first.

:) Yep... onion dip and potato chips. My secret guilty pleasure!  Well... along with watching these shows with an occasional Howives show also.

The theme idea throws me too... why even need this? Isn't "wedding" an actual theme anyway? I got remarried almost 6 years ago and my hub and I had vows with only immediate family and our grown kids and then a rocking, fun party after.  Our guests still talk about how fun it was and isn't that what you really want? My baby girl is getting married this summer in Costa Rica.  No theme for her either... just a nice ceremony on the beach and a fun party after.  IMO that's the way to make great memories that last forever. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, cpcathy said:

It should be Ruffles with Onion Dip. Yum!

I didn't have a theme for my wedding either. My theme was "Wedding, watch us get married, eat food, drink drinks."

cpcathy - are you my twin?  First off, I rarely eat potato chips.  Seriously, maybe once a year.  (Before anyone rolls their eyes, please don't ask the last time I ate chocolate was.  It was about fifteen minutes ago and I am eyeing up the Wonka Bar on my counter.)  So.....hubby is craving salt the other night:  "Honey, pick up some onion dip and RUFFLED potato chips!!  The dip clings better to them!!"  LOL!

Secondly - my wedding "theme" was: Watch us get married, food and drinks.  Seriously, when  I see some of these wedding on Four Weddings, they sound exhausting.  You gotta play a game?  Lawn games?  Answer questions via the show game?  Trivia? I need to pay attention to a theme?  I need to come in a costume? Gotta have my palms read?  I need to have a caricature done that I will never hang up anywhere in my house? Ever? I wanna sit, eat, drink, dance and catch up with relatives.  Your wedding sounds like more work than......work."

RSVP box to check: Can Not Attend.

• Love 3

I see no point in spending the kind of money these people spend for a one day celebration.  You have to wonder    Who is paying for it. Our wedding ( almost 30 years ago) cost less than 4000- which my husband and I paid for. We were adults, you know.  When our son got married, we agreed to pay for the rehearsal dinner- but that was it.   Because we paid to put him through college, you know.   

Yes, that means there’s no cocktail hour. There is a buffet instead of a steak dinner, a DJ rather than a band, and so forth. If you go to a wedding, you are there to help the couple celebrate/ not to force them to eat on beans and rice for the next year and delay buying a home for 5 years. This show drives me crazy. 

• Love 3
On 1/27/2018 at 9:39 PM, mythoughtis said:

I see no point in spending the kind of money these people spend for a one day celebration.  You have to wonder    Who is paying for it. Our wedding ( almost 30 years ago) cost less than 4000- which my husband and I paid for. We were adults, you know.  When our son got married, we agreed to pay for the rehearsal dinner- but that was it.   Because we paid to put him through college, you know.   

Yes, that means there’s no cocktail hour. There is a buffet instead of a steak dinner, a DJ rather than a band, and so forth. If you go to a wedding, you are there to help the couple celebrate/ not to force them to eat on beans and rice for the next year and delay buying a home for 5 years. This show drives me crazy. 

My first wedding in 1994 was less than $2000, this past October was less than $3000.  Already decided I am giving each son $2000 towards any wedding expense, I don't care how they spend it.  Just tell me where and when, I will show up in beige like a good Mother of the Groom.  I guess we (Stepdad and myself, their dad is broke) will spring for the Rehearsal Dinner, too.

• Love 2