Type keyword(s) to search

Four Weddings - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

The discussion upthread about the brides not saying anything negative about the dress...I've heard plenty of negative said.  But it's always something stupid.  "Cindy's dress was my least favorite because it was lace and I don't like lace".  Well, no shit, it's not your dress.  Just yesterday morning one said, "I don't like the bow so I'm going to have to mark off points because of the bow".  Once again, NOT YOUR DRESS!

I think I'm responsible for that! I guess I was just noticing that it seems to be a subject they dance around really stupidly ... like they have to score it and if they score it below, say, an 8 they need a reason why but they can't/won't say "she looks like a hot mess" or "it really emphasizes her potbelly/fat butt" so they find other faults like "it's really her style but there were too many ruffles on the train" ...

Whereas they can say the food was cold or over/undercooked to their liking or B L A N and it's somehow not as offensive. 

Has anyone here been to a wedding where they asked guests (if plated dinner) if they wanted rare, medium, or well done? I'm thrilled just to get to choose meat, chicken, fish or veggie! 

• Love 1

The rerun with the bitchy bride who repeated "peas and carrots" or "ice cream and oatmeal" or whatever was on again today.  Put her in the top five of bitchy brides.  Her name was Danielle and NONE of the other three had anything nice to say at her when she won an awesome trip to South Africa.  "She had a strategy" "She was so nitpicky over little things" and just.....icky all over, inside and out.

I do question why the bride who came in fourth had guests eat first THEN sit outside in the sun for a ceremony.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

The rerun with the bitchy bride who repeated "peas and carrots" or "ice cream and oatmeal" or whatever was on again today.  Put her in the top five of bitchy brides.  Her name was Danielle and NONE of the other three had anything nice to say at her when she won an awesome trip to South Africa.  "She had a strategy" "She was so nitpicky over little things" and just.....icky all over, inside and out.

I do question why the bride who came in fourth had guests eat first THEN sit outside in the sun for a ceremony.

I was just coming here to gripe about "by the book" Danielle. Many things about this show and these brides really miff me, but the NUMBER ONE is brides who make faces at a wedding or reception where other guests can see their displeasure (looking at you, Danielle). I thought her eyes would roll out of their sockets at every wedding! And you could see guests around. I know that parts of the show are filmed after the wedding, mainly the talking heads, but to put on that kind of a display when friends and family of the couple can see it is the height of rudeness. (In fact, my friend Dr Adam who won the only new episode that we have seen said they were at that brewery for hours after the wedding.)  I was so sad to see she won. I thought beach bride would win. Have a touch of class, Danielle and keep your eyes in their sockets until everyone is gone. Hope you had a terrible honeymoon. Just remembered, she kept repeating "ice picks and toothpicks" at the alter. Whatever. I don't know how it keeps anyone from crying. 

15 hours ago, cpcathy said:

What a weirdo--I don't remember her!

Lucky you!!  I knew she would be a bitch on wheels when she got up in her fiance's face about the amount of time it was before he proposed.  Him:  "It was six months"  Her:  "NO!  IT WAS EIGHT MONTHS" or whatever the time difference was - no one cares.  Danielle, I have worked with girls like you, I have had guys friends date a girl like you, you are all about BEING RIGHT.  Things are gonna go YOUR way or everyone will have hell to pay.

She had to have a sit down PLATED dinner.  Buffets are for casual events, not weddings!!!  I was shocked she had bridesmaids - who would want to be her friend?  

Yes she had a sever case of the eye rolls and severe judgement towards the other brides.  She was just nasty.  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, cpcathy said:

I need to remember her immediately!

Does this help?  She is second from right.  Yes, Looked this up to download the image.....DON'T JUDGE ME, LOL!!!!  Even the bride in the aqua, who was the most chill bride, ever.....she could not say anything nice about her!!!

four-weddings-04.jpg

Edited by Mrs. Hanson

Danielle was awful- what a nasty attitude. I'm also surprised she has friends & found a guy who could deal with that; maybe she comes from money LOL. The bride in aqua was a sweetie (wedding was poorly executed though). The halter top bride was the tackiest, although seemed nice enough. Unfortunately, Danielle did look the best. Don't remember the other one much except that her wedding was very late & "stuffy", IIRC, to the others.

14 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Danielle was awful- what a nasty attitude. I'm also surprised she has friends & found a guy who could deal with that; maybe she comes from money LOL. The bride in aqua was a sweetie (wedding was poorly executed though). The halter top bride was the tackiest, although seemed nice enough. Unfortunately, Danielle did look the best. Don't remember the other one much except that her wedding was very late & "stuffy", IIRC, to the others.

I agree 100% about the Aqua Bride.  Her wedding ceremony was outside - get married first, outside BEFORE it turns into "Are we sitting on the sun?" then eat inside where there is A/C.

Yes Danielle's wedding was outside.  She was OBSESSED with everything being traditional.  

• Love 1

Guess who’s on this morning?? Nothing like waking up for work at 4:15am and getting slammed with Danielle first thing in the morning. “Mmm mmm, 8 months...” Bitch? Her face reminds me of those filters that put your face on your partners head. It doesn’t look right. 

• Love 2

Woo, just caught the latter part of "and halted vows", one of our favorite episodes with NY pizza and pop bride Carolyn, and I can confirm her score was 43. The winning bride Michele actually lost the dress category with a score of 9 which gave a little boost to Carolyn's score. Her overall experience score was 10. I'm glad to have you guys to carry on these discussions!  If Mr. Bean saw this he'd be like 'huh'.  ???

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Beaner said:

Woo, just caught the latter part of "and halted vows", one of our favorite episodes with NY pizza and pop bride Carolyn, and I can confirm her score was 43. The winning bride Michele actually lost the dress category with a score of 9 which gave a little boost to Carolyn's score. Her overall experience score was 10. I'm glad to have you guys to carry on these discussions!  If Mr. Bean saw this he'd be like 'huh'.  ???

I am glad you saw NYC Cold Pizza Warm Soda bride.  We were not exaggerating, no?

Did anyone see the ending of Drum Circle Bride?  How did she do?  Her husband's name was spelled "Dug" - of course it was!  Let me tell you - if I was a wedding a drum circle broke out I would be GONE.

• Love 2
On 6/2/2018 at 1:02 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Oh yes I have seen her but she is always worth a second viewing.  I saw a rerun today "And a Glass Slipper" which featured TWO unpleasant people:  Danielle (bitch personified) and Dawn (short, brunette and nasty.)  It was the one with a pig roast and lobster bisque and they got all offended that someone had placed sunglasses on the pig and there was a little lobster "staring at me!" in the bisque.  "Oh my GOD!!!  This is TORTURE!"  Really.  You are being fed many sumptuous foods and it is torture?

Kitty won - I was a little surprised she won as Cally (Kally?) the Greek bride seemed to knock it out of the park.  Dawn was short and she kept wearing VERY unflattering short (above the knee) satin shiny dresses that made her look even shorter.  And kinda....not slim.  She will watch re-runs and be like "Why did no one tell me???"

Danielle said, on camera, "If Kitty wins I will be speechless!"  Kitty won but she still had plenty to say:  "I could handle losing to Dawn or Cally but KITTY?"  Enjoy Italy, Kitty and Walter!!!  Bitchy Danielle came in fourth.  Loved it.

JUST saw this one last night ... remembered the critique and that Danielle was HORRIBLE but had forgotten you mentioned Kitty won so when Kitty won I was ecstatic! She and Walter were just adorable. 

I also wonder if they jumbled up the order of the weddings by chance because sweet Kitty clearly DID NOT LIKE Danielle from the beginning and I suspect she'd already been subjected to way too much Danielle bitchiness and OTT behavior by the time she said whatever it was she said (which wasn't nasty per se IIRC but definitely sweetly barbed). I thought Kitty's food would be her death knell but then everyone else was pretty bad too ... anyone else think that Danielle viewed Kitty as such a non-threat that she upvoted her?

5 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

JUST saw this one last night ... remembered the critique and that Danielle was HORRIBLE but had forgotten you mentioned Kitty won so when Kitty won I was ecstatic! She and Walter were just adorable. 

I also wonder if they jumbled up the order of the weddings by chance because sweet Kitty clearly DID NOT LIKE Danielle from the beginning and I suspect she'd already been subjected to way too much Danielle bitchiness and OTT behavior by the time she said whatever it was she said (which wasn't nasty per se IIRC but definitely sweetly barbed). I thought Kitty's food would be her death knell but then everyone else was pretty bad too ... anyone else think that Danielle viewed Kitty as such a non-threat that she upvoted her?

I don't think the order of the weddings shown are the order in which they got married in real life.  Yes, I have noticed this because I have no life!  I do agree that Kitty had been exposed to too much Danielle - she is the worst to me - brash loud and not ashamed of those traits.  

On 7/6/2018 at 11:29 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I am glad you saw NYC Cold Pizza Warm Soda bride.  We were not exaggerating, no?

Did anyone see the ending of Drum Circle Bride?  How did she do?  Her husband's name was spelled "Dug" - of course it was!  Let me tell you - if I was a wedding a drum circle broke out I would be GONE.

I still have the app I can fast forward through without having to invest much of my life on people who think their opinions and only their opinions are the end-all-be-all of taste and sophistication.

Dug and Heidi tied with Rachel for 3rd (ie, last..)

image.png.dc196ada8574ac7bc3484316e75c9bde.png

On 3/28/2018 at 8:02 PM, Kiddvideo said:

The brides who ordered pizza? 

This one is next up on my "to watch" marathon ... running a few errands and then it will be late enough to pour a glass of wine and watch guilt-free ... also, while I'm not 100% sure, from seeing the intro before it cut off where it shows the very special awesome honeymoon site (with no captions because they don't do the little corner ad until the show itself IIRC), I'm 98% sure that it's my favorite hotel at my favorite place in the world (and if I'm right, it had been something of a "hidden gem" until this past week when it was voted the best resort in the Caribbean and No. 3 in the world on some site which means we'll NEVER be able to get a room there again LOL). 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 8/11/2017 at 6:00 PM, ichbin said:

The winning bride posted about the experience which gives some of the production details:  http://freshandfancyblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/tlcs-four-weddings.html  The only thing I saw mentioned about the RSVP seating situation was that it actually happened as shown.  

Sorry for the necrobump LOL but since I've been watching a ton of retro-episodes on a bingefest, I just saw this one recently and am so glad you shared (albeit almost a year ago) her post ... I thought they were one of the cutest couples EVAH on this show! Lauren reminds me so much of someone I know that I actually had to try to check to see if they might be related :) (Also because he has a brother named Loren and I didn't know how this Lauren/Loren spelled HIS name so it could have been an unusual family male name!)

Also, I was very torn about the scenario with the shabby treatment of the elderly guests who were not allowed to sit in the indoor air-conditioned section of the reception because they had not RSVP'd ... On the one hand, I can see why B&G and those handling the RSVPs and invitees would be pissed by a lack of response. But unless you've invited, like, 1000 people, why would you not reach out to the handful of people who did not RSVP one way or the other just to follow up and see if they were coming? ESPECIALLY if they were elderly relatives??? I suspect there may have been some producer manipulation of the viewers' heartstrings as we watched, I guess, Great-Uncle A and Great-Aunt B standing there with their glasses of champagne or plates of food and not have anywhere to go with them, since those snippets were shown over and over, but yeah, I felt terrible for them ... 

I just don't get how her family (or she or for that matter if they were from groom's side HIS family) didn't follow up on whether Great-Uncle A or Great-Aunt B had gotten invites, were coming, needed a ride, etc.

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 2

That was so rude. You'd think the bride/groom/parents of, etc - someone - would have said something to the contrary & welcomed them. How many could there have been? I'm sure they could've fit them in somehow.  Must've been fun seeing them again after that debacle.

19 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

'm 98% sure that it's my favorite hotel at my favorite place in the world (and if I'm right, it had been something of a "hidden gem" until this past week when it was voted the best resort in the Caribbean and No. 3 in the world on some site which means we'll NEVER be able to get a room there again LOL). 

AND it was!!! Frangipani in Anguilla. The winning couple looked less than thrilled (they may not have known where Anguilla was). By far the most amazing, gorgeous place we've ever stayed where almost everything was perfect PLUS you felt totally comfortable and laid back at the same time!!! (And we were staying in the cheapest back room and would stay in that room over and over again ... it was quiet, private, had a little back deck with a hanging swing and view of the stars, and why pay so much extra for ocean view or beach- or poolside when this is quiet and it is literally 20 STEPS from room to beach!) Also, the nicest staff EVER ... we're still in touch with many of them! Well done, 4W!

1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

"this is me can't-ing")

(Because I can't figure out how to connect this to my last comment, I AM SO DUM!) ... Okay, thank you, all-hail-to-ShaNaeNae ... that may have been my single least favorite "sayingism" ANY bride has come up with. And she kept trying to make it a thing. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Color me shocked, glass slipper/cheat on every boyfriend Danielle has a blog.  Some of it was good, but just knowing Danielle is behind it made me unappreciated it ("this is me can't-ing").  Top 10 Complaints on Four Weddings.

Interesting if you click on her name she hails herself a "celebrity wedding and event planner" known for her "innovative ideas" blah blah blah...

It neglected to mention she was a bitchy sourpuss on Four Weddings who came in last place.

• Love 4

Just viewed "And The Harlem Shake" from 2013 (location was New Orleans).  I wanted to complement Amanda (the bride who got married in the dollhouse museum).  Not only was her wedding dress beautiful, but she looked classy and put together at all of the other weddings.  It's a shame that this cannot be said for more of the participants.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Aunt Catfish said:

she looked classy and put together at all of the other weddings.  It's a shame that this cannot be said for more of the participants.  

The elaborate outfits the women find to wear to each other's weddings always astound me.  I've never been to a wedding where the guests dressed like most of the participants on this show do.

• Love 1

Really? I find most of the young women wear cheap party dresses from stores like Forever 21.  They barely cover what they should (far too short), and I worry the seams are so poorly stitched, they will rip when they dance. 

• Love 7
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Quof said:

Really? I find most of the young women wear cheap party dresses from stores like Forever 21.  They barely cover what they should (far too short), and I worry the seams are so poorly stitched, they will rip when they dance. 

I think the same thing, what I mean is that they are always so done up. Like they are trying to do something more formal than the occasion calls for (and usually looking kinda like crap doing it). I feel like they often as not look like they are going to a New Year's Eve party at a bar or something.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 2

I'm so bummed about the new format.  I don't want 4 people who know each other. 

Ugh....I'm bummed too!  Why did they have to mess with such a good thing?  I also don't know which I like better within the old format:  when the ladies all get along well and are complimentary of one another, or when you get a bitchy bride thrown in.  Both are fun in their own way!

Watched a rerun with the Indian bride who was all about being a "princess" and had her ceremony in what appeared to be a castle.  OMG....down went the marks if you too did not want to be a "princess".  Everything princess for grown ass women!!  She just rubbed me the wrong way.  If that's your thing, so be it, but don't be stupid enough to feel that everyone else has to feel the same way.  The winning bride had her reception in some type of maritime museum so there were some whale skeletons displayed.  Princess bride couldn't take it!  "I'm marking her down because I didn't want to look at whale bones" (paraphrased).  Good luck going to any type of museum then for growth.  She came in dead last and they gave her princess gown a 9.  I about choked - ha! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiki620 said:

The winning bride had her reception in some type of maritime museum so there were some whale skeletons displayed. 

I think that's the one where snooty Harvard grad who turned up her nose at everything actually won, the only reason being she had no real competition & had a bacon bar. Game over but what a snot. (Yeah princess bride was ugh too).

• Love 3

Cammie from Harvard won. She was a piece of work--that portrait of her in the cheerleading uniform looked pretty dumb since she looks like she's forty. She won for the bacon bar but also because her dad was ill and tugged at everyone's heartstrings.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, cpcathy said:

Cammie from Harvard won. She was a piece of work--that portrait of her in the cheerleading uniform looked pretty dumb since she looks like she's forty. She won for the bacon bar but also because her dad was ill and tugged at everyone's heartstrings.

Her dad should've gotten the vacation.

• Love 8
On 7/16/2018 at 4:09 PM, Kiki620 said:

Ugh....I'm bummed too!  Why did they have to mess with such a good thing?  I also don't know which I like better within the old format:  when the ladies all get along well and are complimentary of one another, or when you get a bitchy bride thrown in.  Both are fun in their own way!

Watched a rerun with the Indian bride who was all about being a "princess" and had her ceremony in what appeared to be a castle.  OMG....down went the marks if you too did not want to be a "princess".  Everything princess for grown ass women!!  She just rubbed me the wrong way.  If that's your thing, so be it, but don't be stupid enough to feel that everyone else has to feel the same way.  The winning bride had her reception in some type of maritime museum so there were some whale skeletons displayed.  Princess bride couldn't take it!  "I'm marking her down because I didn't want to look at whale bones" (paraphrased).  Good luck going to any type of museum then for growth.  She came in dead last and they gave her princess gown a 9.  I about choked - ha! 

What also did the princess bride in a castle was I believe there was no A/C and it was in the summer and it was HOT.  I bet they toured it in winter, fall or spring, empty but come July, and fill it with 100 people.....that would be uncomfortable for a lot of folks. I would have scored her low on that even though I hate princess themes as well.  She probably knew darn well there was no A/C but wanted that damn Princess theme over the comfort of her guests.

• Love 6
(edited)

I agree Mrs. Hanson. I know people can't control the weather but they can control keeping their guests as comfortable as possible, & I feel that's very important. To expect people to dress up & sit in sweltering heat or frigid weather is selfish & lacks empathy. I'd be waiting in a climate controlled environment until the ceremony was finished, with no apologies.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I agree Mrs. Hanson. I know people can't control the weather but they can control keeping their guests as comfortable as possible, & I feel that's very important. To expect people to dress up & sit in sweltering heat or frigid weather is selfish & lacks empathy. I'd be waiting in a climate controlled environment until the ceremony was finished, with no apologies.

Yes, and folks like my mom, who passed from COPD, would skip any celebrations without A/C as she literally could not breathe in such muggy conditions.  We can't control the weather, obviously, but we CAN control the comfort of our guests as you said.  Don't ask people to sit in the rain during the ceremony (one bride did that) or in the sweltering sun to eat.  I still lurk on a few message boards and I am astonished by the number of brides who, after putting in $$$ into a dress, favors, invites, shoes, jewelry, etc but refuse to rent a TENT for you know, shade.  "Oh my guests won't mind!"  Yeah...they kinda will.

On 7/16/2018 at 6:43 PM, cpcathy said:

I was shocked Cammie won as she was such a snot!!

• Love 2
On 7/15/2018 at 3:06 PM, jcbrown said:

I think the same thing, what I mean is that they are always so done up. Like they are trying to do something more formal than the occasion calls for (and usually looking kinda like crap doing it). I feel like they often as not look like they are going to a New Year's Eve party at a bar or something.

I've always gotten the impression they are wearing recycled bridesmaids dresses. You know like, "I paid $200 for this dress I wore when I was in Betty Lou's wedding! Betty Lou picked a dress we could wear again!"  Well, no. Trust me, it's fugly. Borrow a dress or shop at the thrift stores or invest in a little black dress. 

3 hours ago, jcbrown said:

For those who need to know, "...and a Giraffe" is airing this Friday. It's B-L-A-N bride!

Thank you! I've only seen that episode once and desperately need to see it again so I'm marking my calendar. ????

• Love 4
On 2018-07-16 at 6:25 PM, gonecrackers said:

I think that's the one where snooty Harvard grad who turned up her nose at everything actually won, the only reason being she had no real competition & had a bacon bar. Game over but what a snot. (Yeah princess bride was ugh too).

Bacon bar?  Is this the latest thing?  Say it isn’t so!

On 2018-07-16 at 7:43 PM, cpcathy said:

Why does someone who went to Harvard need a free honeymoon?

• Love 4
On 7/18/2018 at 6:16 PM, jcbrown said:

For those who need to know, "...and a Giraffe" is airing this Friday. It's B-L-A-N bride!

Hot Dog!!!!  On at 5 (Eastern) here.  We are in the middle of a big storm....hope my cable stays on!

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Bacon bar?  Is this the latest thing?  Say it isn’t so!

I hadn't seen it before or since on the show. The guest brides were beside themselves, as if they'd never had bacon before.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Aunt Catfish said:

Hot Dog!!!!  On at 5 (Eastern) here.  We are in the middle of a big storm....hope my cable stays on!

My son and i are in DC for a Nats game and had to leave for the game!!  Damn!!!  Saw her first "3" given for a wedding that was not quite Hawaiian enough.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2018 at 8:22 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

I'm so bummed about the new format.  I don't want 4 people who know each other.  Color me shocked, glass slipper/cheat on every boyfriend Danielle has a blog.  Some of it was good, but just knowing Danielle is behind it made me unappreciated it ("this is me can't-ing").  Top 10 Complaints on Four Weddings.

That list was horribly written, and I don't agree with her top 10 either. Doesn't sound like it was written by a person who really watches the show, let alone was a participant.