Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, shksabelle said:

Disability is REALLY broken. My late sister truly, honestly needed it: congestive heart failure (she could put in 30lbs just from fluid retention, severe diabetes, liver and kidney disease. She was denied. Then I see these people who get it for "anxiety". 

So true.  I worked with a woman who had a daughter that was literally born with only half a brain.  She is missing 3/4 of her brain on one side, and 1/4 on the other side.  She is blind in one eye, has vision in the other eye but because her IQ is on par with a newborn no one knows how much she understands of what she sees and hears.  She can eat soft foods if a small amount is put on her tongue, but her real nutrition is through a feeding tube.  If she is lying on her back she can't roll onto her side without help.  She can't crawl, walk, or talk.  But her parents had to fight until she was in her 20's before she was put on disability because some doctor working for SSA at some point in her infancy said she wasn't disabled enough to need it, and every SSA evaluation team after that just rubber stamped the original assessment.

Ooooh, used-car salesman Shane Grant with his pretty blue peepers.  And an accent and a speech impediment that made him sound just like Eric Roberts in The Pope of Greenwich Village.  "Cholllleeeee!"

Anybody able to decipher the defendant's necklace tattoo?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, kacesq said:

Greetings to all you forum denizens who have enriched my JJ viewing experience with your awesome snark!

In today's rerun, we had the guy who got pissy over a cigar that wasn't fifty cents. All I could think watching was...can we retire the word "altercation"? Just say fight. It doesn't make your interaction sound more noble by labeling it an altercation. DItto "incarcerated." It's not a higher level of lockup...

And how many times have we heard "verbal altercation"?  That's redundant.  An altercation is defined as "a noisy argument or disagreement."  

21 minutes ago, Sarcastico said:

Ooooh, used-car salesman Shane Grant with his pretty blue peepers.  And an accent and a speech impediment that made him sound just like Eric Roberts in The Pope of Greenwich Village.  "Cholllleeeee!"

Anybody able to decipher the defendant's necklace tattoo?

I thought it said "Trust Nobody"????  Kind of ironic, since it was on someone who was trying to run a scam against an insurance company.

• Love 3

He's claiming discrimination because he's a freemason? What century does he think we're in?

Utterly incredulous at that one.

*whispers* we have a brother-in-law who's a Freemason. We try to keep it on the down low because you know how people can be with their discriminatin'

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I thought it said "Trust Nobody"????  Kind of ironic, since it was on someone who was trying to run a scam against an insurance company.

I also saw "_____st nobo___". So I was guessing Trust Nobody. It was a fresh tat. Probably done just for her tv debut. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Taffy said:

I also saw "_____st nobo___". So I was guessing Trust Nobody. It was a fresh tat. Probably done just for her tv debut. 

How sad that they (probably production staff) made her wear a jacket.  JJ would have had a heyday with that one!!!

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Taffy said:

Yep. very fresh.  It still was shiny and sore (red around the edges).  Great choice of tat and tat area, lady! :(

Did anybody see the rerun today of the parents suing the 20 year old son for a car that they had in their names, and they sold at a loss, and wanted him to make up the difference even though he paid the down payment?  The kid said that he gave all of his money to his father, who took care of his money and paid the car payments himself, and yet the father wanted the kid to pay off the car.  The kid had left the family and moved in with the pastor because his parents objected to his "lifestyle", which he kid himself said meant they didn't like that he played video games, he didn't run out at night or do drugs.  The kid spoke very well and used elegant language, but he had a very flat affect.  I was wondering if he had been home schooled and had no social skills.

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 3

Did I just watch a man go on TV and accuse his sons' mother of being a sex worker or stripper? When he already has a date set in non-televised family court? The show did a pretty good job of not making a big deal of it, but what a shitty thing to do. I think he knew it too.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Did I just watch a man go on TV and accuse his sons' mother of being a sex worker or stripper? When he already has a date set in non-televised family court? The show did a pretty good job of not making a big deal of it, but what a shitty thing to do. I think he knew it too.

That was the feeling I had . . . that he showed JJ pictures of the mother walking the streets.

• Love 3

Yesterday's Brittany (forget her last name) who got scammed by the dopey-looking, dumbass defendant who claimed the car had 92K miles and it had over 300K? She was beautifully dressed,  poised, pretty, spoke well and had her evidence all organized and at her fingertips. What a treat and a rarity on this show to see someone like that. She made the def. look even worse than he might have ordinarily, with his "I don't know nothing. I don't see nothing" defense. It's some other guy's fault. It's "Justin's" fault!  I loved how, in the hall, he said, "I knew she was a working student and tried to help her out." He helped her out by cheating her, keeping her money, lying and making her drag him into court. A regular philanthropist, he is. Does he really not know how ridiculous he looked and sounded? He needs a good whuppin'.

• Love 2

That was the feeling I had . . . that he showed JJ pictures of the mother walking the streets.

Or performing in a strip club--that's what first occurred to me.  Asshole.  Good for the show, though, for being low-key about it.

Edited by Mondrianyone
to clarify what I was replying to
  • Love 3

We also had the rerun today of "Were you ever intimate?"  "No, just the first time in the truck."   Very gentlemanly!!  I had missed it the first time around.  2 adults in one bed, 5 kids (or 3 or 9 or some number) in a one bedroom apartment.  But just "friends." 

And breeding and breeding and breeding...

I know we are no longer in the June and Ward Cleaver days, but honestly, there is something to be said for "First comes love, then comes marriage..." if for no other reason than children grow up with PARENTS, rather than egg/sperm donors.  "Baby daddy/momma"   Gad.  Just hate that. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

I know we are no longer in the June and Ward Cleaver days, but honestly, there is something to be said for "First comes love, then comes marriage..." if for no other reason than children grow up with PARENTS, rather than egg/sperm donors.  "Baby daddy/momma"   Gad.  Just hate that. 

*puts on Old Fart Hat*

I think that's what always gets me about the litigants who turn up on the show, that most of them have kids or are about to have a kid, like the chick from the other day with the loan that wasn't a loan. I'd love to see the winner who decided she was a good enough catch to make a baby with, and I mean 'love' in the totally opposite sense. Not that the men are any better; these losers with their prison records and credit-wrecking and money-stealing ways, and even having done time wouldn't be so bad if they didn't seem like habitual offenders. And if seventy to eighty percent of them didn't seem determined to bring  babies into it when they shouldn't even be left alone in the same room as a cactus.

#GetOffMyLawn

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Did anybody see the rerun today of the parents suing the 20 year old son for a car that they had in their names, and they sold at a loss, and wanted him to make up the difference even though he paid the down payment? 

I sure did and it boiled my blood all over again. Nice Nazi haircut on the dad -- it suited his personality perfectly. 

Have to love a nice "Christian man" who vanquishes his son from his home and forces him to live with "the pastor" for the grave sin of playing video games then rips him off -- at a loss!! -- and sues him for the money. What a piece of shit. God only knows what was going on inside "the pastor's" home with that poor boy. 

Reminded me of another case where the so-called religuous couple threw out their daughter for similarly ridiculous reasons and then sued her. 

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

Reminded me of another case where the so-called religuous couple threw out their daughter for similarly ridiculous reasons and then sued her. 

Ah, yes, I think that's where they boot the girl for the sin of visiting a bf when she was granted permission to visit an adult sibling. Then tried to get her arrested because the girl "broke" in and "stole" her cat while they were out. (Actually, the neighbor, who had a key, let her in to get her pet.) Oh, and this was their "good" child, they'd already disowned the rest. Good Christian family - NOT!

• Love 9

The lady in this car case is about to make me crazy. It's like she actually cannot compehend what JJ is asking her in relation to the Jeep she claims she was giving the defendant in exchange for some kind of work around her house, because Her Honor keeps asking her things and she goes off on some tangent about it, but she doesn't have the title to the Jeep because she left it at home. The defendant and his daughter haven't even gotten the chance to talk yet, but I don't think its going to matter, because this woman is about to talk herself right out of winning her case.

• Love 4

Ack! Stop saying "Whenever" when you mean "When!" Stupid, annoying drunken woman: "Whenever he got in my face is whenever I turned around to leave and that's whenever he grabbed me and drug me into the bedroom." Also, "drug" is not the past tense of "drag." Doesn't a person have to have some kind of education to be a veterinary technician?

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 9

JJ: "What's a man cave?"

Plaintiff: "It's where they do adult activities."

Not surprised she doesn't know what a "man cave" is - it's a terrible neologism; what's wrong with "den" or "family room"? Oh, right - the whole family thing. But seriously, "adult activities"? The mental image I get is not what she intended.

Also, plaintiff dear - not that I was inclined to believe your description of the fight, but the overacting when the def told his side did not help.

ETA: I'd say the odds of him eventually getting custody when she can't use the kids as pawns anymore is pretty high.

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 7

Fresh meat. . . .  new cases lol. I really wanted to snatch the woman complaining about her slow-speaking Ex when stellar Mom of the Year left her kids at day care so she could shop at Walmart for TWO HOURS (I'm sorry, I'm old and half crippled and I spend no more than about  40 min in the grocery store on a really big haul - perhaps she was using coupons, hahahah)  then left them in the car AT NIGHT IN THE DAMN DARK while she was spying on Slow Speaker in the Man Cave and then planning her next trip to the strip club (I'm really an old fart, I cannot imagine why woman go to a strip club where women strip. . . and please don't enlighten me, cos I really don't wanna know). I swear, its always the super pretty ones that are whack in the brain. Every time I see the "pretty but batcrap crazy" ones, I'm mentally singing the old ditty "if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife". (or your boo or your bae or your baby mama or whatever the cool kids call it these days) 

• Love 11

Call 800-GOT-JUNK

Totally agree. When I was dealing with my brother after a major stroke, the GOT-JUNK guys were great, not too expensive, and they hauled off about a ton (my estimate) of useless and bio-hazard crap (the worst being a mattress that I won't describe).

• Love 2

Zero interest in the Shitty Mother vs. Man Cave (I hate that fucking term) Dweller. But lots of interest in the hoarder vs the day workers! Mostly because it seems to me that woman did have some money hence the "boyfriend" a good 20 years younger than her that could pass -- at a very long distance -- for Charlie Hunnam's brother. No way he was sticking with that looney toon for her stellar personality or striking good looks.  How many cars did she have anyway? A CLK Mercedes, a Jeep, a Camry? That's a completely random assortment of cars right there. Her weepy "I'll never trust another person again" hallterview was the icing on that shit sandwich case. If that's really true, lady, you might want to start your new "not trusting anyone" policy with that grifty boyfriend of yours. 

A little annoyed the girlfriend wouldn't divulge why her boyfriend was wanted so badly by the police he decided to try to outrun them with the borrowed Camry. Because how do you NOT know why you're engaging in a high-speed chase with the police? At some point in the adventure, wouldn't you, you know, ask?! Bonus points for her dad with the super crazy eyes. 

9 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

(I'm really an old fart, I cannot imagine why woman go to a strip club where women strip. . . and please don't enlighten me, cos I really don't wanna know).

I know you said you don't want to know but I hear you can get a good deal on a buffet.

• Love 3

Every time I see the "pretty but batcrap crazy" ones, I'm mentally singing the old ditty "if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife".

"but from my personal point of view/get an ugly girl to marry you."  We used to sing that back in my halcyon collegiate days.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I'm really an old fart, I cannot imagine why woman go to a strip club where women strip. .

That makes two of us. I certainly have less than zero interest in naked women. I see them nearly every time I turn on the TV, never mind making a special trip to view them.

New cases and I've seen none of them. No yardwork this weekend, then.

I think the term "man cave" (Ugh!) may have started on those home-buying shows? What is hilarious is that the male home buyers who were nagging and whining for them were invariably the least "manly" specimens I've seen, outside of JJ.  "Adult activities"?  Getting drunk on Bud Lights (or some nasty, trendy mixed drinks) as they watch some sporting event, throwing Cheesie Poofs at each other, smoking cheap fruit-flavoured cigars and howling like hyenas at juvenile dirty jokes? "This is mah MAN CAVE!" It should be called a playroom.

10 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

(or your boo or your bae or your baby mama or whatever the cool kids call it these days) 

More terms I learned from watching JJ and TPC. I love it when JJ says, "baby MAMA."  Another term (although I've never heard it here - yet) that sets my teeth on edge is "baby bump." Sickening.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

More terms I learned from watching JJ and TPC. I love it when JJ says, "baby MAMA."  Another term (although I've never heard it here - yet) that sets my teeth on edge is "baby bump." Sickening.

Well, it's sometimes educational. I mean, watching these shows I've learned there are all kinds of ways to reproduce. Never knew talking  (or conversating) caused pregnancy. Before I started watching I thought you had to have at least one date before sex - nope one date means time to sign a lease and move in together. Heck, sometimes you don't even need to meet in the flesh, you can find your latest soul mate online and loan her/him your life savings - or even the borrow money. Course, I now learn you don't need to be dating, or even in a relationship, you just invite someone to the bathroom and start in jungle gymmin - just be careful and don't break the mirror. (Ummm not sure if the mirror broke because someone hit it - maybe it cracked when it tried to reflect "big ugly" doing it.)

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:33 PM, bad things are bad said:

Utterly incredulous at that one.

*whispers* we have a brother-in-law who's a Freemason. We try to keep it on the down low because you know how people can be with their discriminatin'

My dad is one.  I worked with a holier-than-thou religious woman a prior job who was just horrible about it.  Until she found out the owners who signed her paycheck were.  She shut up then. 

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Giant Misfit said:

She stole our cat!!

12 hours ago, Jamoche said:

JJ: "What's a man cave?"

Plaintiff: "It's where they do adult activities."

Not surprised she doesn't know what a "man cave" is - it's a terrible neologism; what's wrong with "den" or "family room"? Oh, right - the whole family thing. But seriously, "adult activities"? The mental image I get is not what she intended.

I hate Man Cave too, but not as much as She Shed.  I want to get violent when anyone brings up She Shed.  Very violent.

15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Ack! Stop saying "Whenever" when you mean "When!" Stupid, annoying drunken woman: "Whenever he got in my face is whenever I turned around to leave and that's whenever he grabbed me and drug me into the bedroom." Also, "drug" is not the past tense of "drag." Doesn't a person have to have some kind of education to be a veterinary technician?

THIS!  I hate "Well, whenever we were going out".  Also makes me want to get violent.

12 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

(I'm really an old fart, I cannot imagine why woman go to a strip club where women strip. . . and please don't enlighten me, cos I really don't wanna know).

I went with a group of guy friends, and my husband.  We had fun.  I really didn't watch much of the stripping.  It was all just about a fun night out.  I've been twice - it's not a regular thing with me.  I did the male review thing once.  I was so skeeved out by the end of the night.  Never again.  I needed a shower.

I was in a restaurant once when I heard a girl who looked all of 19 say "My baby daddy baby mama causing problems!".  Translate:  The father of my child has a child with another woman and said other woman is causing problems.  I think my head temporarily exploded.

• Love 11

Another term (although I've never heard it here - yet) that sets my teeth on edge is "baby bump." Sickening.

Co-sign. That phrase needs to be exterminated from the English language. 

5 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I went with a group of guy friends, and my husband.  We had fun.  I really didn't watch much of the stripping.  It was all just about a fun night out.  I've been twice - it's not a regular thing with me.  I did the male review thing once.  I was so skeeved out by the end of the night.  Never again.  I needed a shower.

I used to go to strip clubs back in the 90s. The one near where we lived was the only bar that had a foosball table - and I loved playing foosball. Plus, it was super cheap -- and we didn't have a lot of money to spare to go out and have a few drinks and get some food. I did go to an all-nude place once with some male co-workers while we were traveling on business. I had no idea it was "all nude" until we sat down and then I felt like an unpaid gynecologist's assistant. I will say, on all occasions, I didn't go to these places because they were strip clubs - I went for something to do besides watching stripping. And I surely didn't leave my (non-existent) kids in the car to do it. 

15 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Fresh meat. . . .  new cases lol. I really wanted to snatch the woman complaining about her slow-speaking Ex when stellar Mom of the Year left her kids at day care so she could shop at Walmart for TWO HOURS (I'm sorry, I'm old and half crippled and I spend no more than about  40 min in the grocery store on a really big haul - perhaps she was using coupons, hahahah)  then left them in the car AT NIGHT IN THE DAMN DARK while she was spying on Slow Speaker in the Man Cave and then planning her next trip to the strip club

In fairness to plaintiff, she said "club" -- it was JJ who kept saying strip club.   We call 'em "titty bars" around here.  I used to go to one with my husband, because it had the best pool tables.  [waves @GiantMisfit]

3 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

. I had no idea it was "all nude" until we sat down and then I felt like an unpaid gynecologist's assistant.

I've never been to a female strip club, but have been to see male strippers. I dunno and maybe it's me, but I found the sight of those limp dingles flopping around on the dancing strippers to be more amusing than erotic.

3 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I want to get violent when anyone brings up She Shed. 

I never heard that term. What would one do in a "She Shed?"

• Love 3

She Shed

GAAAAAAAHH yes, this. Haaate. Many, many things annoy me about all house-hunting couples on those ubiquitous shows ("This 18th century Paris flat doesn't have four bathrooms, so we'll pass!"), but the Man Cave/Lady Hut or whatever concept boggles me. It basically says "well, I deigned to marry someone of the opposite sex, but we can hardly stand to be in the same room, so I'll need a separate space for my exclusive interests that they do not share. Actually we hate each other, tee hee, battle of the sexes!" 

I was mystified by the hoarder cleanup mayhem, too. I wonder if most (all?) of the VEE-hickles being bandied about were part of Grandpa's hoard, actually; it sounds like there were a good couple acres of crap to sort through, at least. 

the sight of those limp dingles flopping around

LOLOLOL

OT: I worked for years in a bookstore chain that also carried a couple of skin mags for either sensibility. At some point I learned that the softcore publishing guidelines permitted ONLY limp dingles to be shown; more...uh...activated dingles were not allowed. But this meant that all of the magazine layouts of fellas just looked like these pretty himbos had forgotten their pants. Dude working on a roof, wearing only a toolbelt! Dude doing...something with hay...in a barn, sans pants! Feeling a cold breeze, wondering why!

• Love 7

I hate Man Cave too, but not as much as She Shed.  I want to get violent when anyone brings up She Shed.  Very violent.

SHEEEE SHEEEDDDDDD!!! Makes me want to stick a pencil in my neck, gaaaaahhh!! I imagine She Sheds (pencil is poised at my jugular even as I speak) is where Milady escapes to so she can watch Downton Abbey while she sews or does her scrapbooking in peace while her Mister naps in his Barcalounger in front of the Golf Channel on that massive 56 inch teevee.

I went to a male review many many moons ago (like 33 years ago, it was Kodiak Alaska and all my friends were doing it).  The best guy was the "Richard Gere in Officer and a Gentleman" routine. Of course nowadays guys are all bulked up and oiled up and humping on random chickies with handfuls of dollah bills. And while on a road trip I heard an interview by some male review guys and apparently a bunch of those male strippers are gay. I have nothing against gay people, but those guys must be really good actors humping on those bridezillas or middle aged premenopausal ladies. Sorry but that ain't gonna happen, even if you stuff his Speedo with moolah.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I was in a restaurant once when I heard a girl who looked all of 19 say "My baby daddy baby mama causing problems!".  Translate:  The father of my child has a child with another woman and said other woman is causing problems.  I think my head temporarily exploded.

I remember when I first heard the term "baby daddy". I was about 15 or 16 and eating lunch in the school cafeteria when a fight broke out between two girls. Several teachers intervened and managed to separate them. I overheard a teacher ask one of the girls what started the fight and even though all the noise, I heard the girl scream out at the top of her lungs "That bitch fucked my baby daddy!". Mind you, like myself at the time, these girls were about 15 or 16. Sounds like a Judge Judy case if ever I heard one!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, pagooey said:

At some point I learned that the softcore publishing guidelines permitted ONLY limp dingles to be shown; more...uh...activated dingles were not allowed.

Activated dingles are THE most taboo, obscene things around in North America and can be seen only in hardcore porn. I have no idea why, when the most graphic violence is just fine for general audiences. Whatever.

32 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I imagine She Sheds (pencil is poised at my jugular even as I speak) is where Milady escapes to so she can watch Downton Abbey while she sews or does her scrapbooking in peace

Perhaps with a glass of sherry? Don't get me started on "scrapbooking" as a verb.

3 hours ago, pagooey said:

I was mystified by the hoarder cleanup mayhem, too. I wonder if most (all?) of the VEE-hickles being bandied about were part of Grandpa's hoard,

OH god. I don't care about anything right now. Two glasses of wine and I'm ready for Grandpa's hoard, especially if the vee-hickles in question are at least 20 years old.

• Love 2

OT -Never been to a female strip club, but in college I was talked into going to one of those "Men in Motion" shows at a local club (no full nudity). I knew 2 of the"dancers" from class.  It wasn't my thing, but we were all going to hang out later.  The 2 guys I knew were gay, and another friend knew 1 other dancer who was also gay.  It was horrifying (to my 21 year old self) to watch so many 50-70+year old women throw themselves and their $20's at these guys, and fight to get on stage to gyrate with the guys. I over heard one woman about my mom's age say she was going to spend up to $1500 to convince the "pilot" to "f*** her in the alley after the show.  The pilot was one of my gay friends & he told me later that woman was there every weekend.  He didn't know anyone from the show who actually took up  her offer.  Last time I ever went to any type of strip club.

• Love 3

I managed to watch Elizabeth Hicks, and I can watch no more. Liz, who is super-fecund and who apparently squirts out a kid every time she spreads for some guy, is over 30 and has SEVEN kids when she casts her net for the silly baby plaintiff who was 20 and who looks as though he spent the last 6 months trying to raise a few hairs on his upper lip so he'd have a moustache here. Liz, who of course let the boy knock her up, bounces all over the place, including living in a motel with her drug-addicted son and who is behind on her probably huge child support payments, feels the most important thing in her life is to get a tummy tuck so she can attract another sperm donor, I guess. Holy shit.

I was going to say that everone should drink each time one of these litigants says 'Your Honor" but I realized that would definitely result in alcohol poisoning, so forget it.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I never heard that term. What would one do in a "She Shed?"

New one for me, too. Guess it depends on the generation. As a kid I remember a Great Auntie who had a "quiltin" room. Never actually saw quilts being made, but did make see the completed product, but the ladies used to gather in there, gossip and sew. It was a big thing, for the girls when they stopped being sent out to play and got to go with the older girls to help sew. The other big gathering spot for the women folk was the kitchen. Hmmm, showing my age here, because today at my family gatherings nobody sews and most of the cooking is done at home and usually served buffet style. And the food being cooked is as likely to be cooked by a male as a female.

• Love 2

Defendant is so dodgy; I missed whatever they do - some kind of contractor? - but you'd think he wouldn't want potential customers to see how he runs his business: he takes his client's checks and signs them straight over to his employee instead of paying with proper paperwork. He fired said employee "on the spot" but didn't owe him any money at the time. That's so very very unlikely. And that's in Sept, but in Oct he seems to still expect him to be working. 

Have to disagree with JJ's idea that having 3 signatures on checks that don't match each other or the check's owner implies multiple people - could just be 3 tries at plaintiff's signature.

Second one is even worse: hasn't filed a tax return since 2011, getting paid cash under the table for landscaping. And totally unrepentant about it.

Makes you wonder if the IRS ever watches JJ.

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 5

That "employer" of the kid who signed over paychecks from a third party to kid to cash -- screamed to me of money laundering of some kind.  Admittedly, I do not know how money laundering works, but, like JJ, I smelled a rat as far as that "employer" was concerned.

• Love 11

Wow. Finally caught up, starting with the Sean and Patrick (Tweedledum and Tweedledee) and Ms. Englent freak show. Can someone tell me how the ghastly and beastly Ms. Englent, who felt it was just fine to move a convicted sex offender in with her kids has a job this year working with mentally disabled adults when last year she was working at Chucky Cheese (and probably got fired for ingesting too much of the inventory)? Are mentally disabled people so marginalized, so unimportant that anyone would think this horrible person, who is a total liar, amoral, who has the worst judgement ever and who is so desperate for a warm body that she has no qualms about exposing her own children to sex offenders, should be entrusted with their care? WTF is going on? BTW, anyone using the system to get a protective order because it's faster and easier than going through housing court should stay off JJ. Ms. Englent got eviscerated and you could see by her face she knew just when her lies were exposed. Loved her weepy hallterview, but am very disturbed that she retains custody of children.

Ms. Crow, who moved a whole bunch of people into her apartment, including some guy named "Chance" (she thinks) got married to a man with "anger issues." He's a violent nut, but she married him anyway (at a very young age) because maybe she wanted to be able to say she had a permanent Saturday night date? She feels she's not responsible for all the damage caused by the houseful of losers she invited in, who did things like punch holes in the walls and cover the carpets with cigarette butts.

Mr. Doughterty is some kind of crook. Not sure exactly which kind, but he should hook up with the tree-trimmer, who took 4K from plaintiff, for which he did precisely nothing. I wish I had the kind of chutzpah that would let me stand there, chin belligerently in the air, as I'm exposed as a fraud and a low-level, petty scammer.

• Love 4
On 4/27/2017 at 8:10 PM, DoctorK said:

Totally agree. When I was dealing with my brother after a major stroke, the GOT-JUNK guys were great, not too expensive, and they hauled off about a ton (my estimate) of useless and bio-hazard crap (the worst being a mattress that I won't describe).

I do feel empathy to a certain degree for hoarders..it is a mental issue stemming from some traumatic past experience but I think some people are just simply HOARDERS. I don't think I'll ever become one. If I do, I give full permission for anyone to shoot me dead. Lol!

And by the way, I' m sincerely sorry that you had to go through that doctork.

• Love 1

She Sheds are generally a little hideaway put in a yard where the lady folk can go and talk about lady things, and be all girly and whatnot without offending the menfolk.  At least that's the way I feel they're trying to be portrayed.  And those who would enjoy scrapbooking just eat it all up.  It just irritates the crap out of me, as does the whole name.  She Shed.  Like some dumbass guy somewhere was all like "When my woman is on her monthly, I just ship her outside to the shed, but I put lacy curtains in it, so it's now a She Shed...."

• Love 2
On 4/27/2017 at 6:43 AM, SRTouch said:

Ah, yes, I think that's where they boot the girl for the sin of visiting a bf when she was granted permission to visit an adult sibling. Then tried to get her arrested because the girl "broke" in and "stole" her cat while they were out. (Actually, the neighbor, who had a key, let her in to get her pet.) Oh, and this was their "good" child, they'd already disowned the rest. Good Christian family - NOT!

Those people were creepy. IIRC, two of the girl's siblings came to court with her. It was almost a miracle that the daughter at least appeared to be normal.  

And I get arguing over a cat because we love pets in my family (I didn't get the vibe that those parents loved the cat; i suspect it was more about control), but in most families a kid would be more likely to be sued over leaving a cat at her parents home than be arrexted for taking the cat.

• Love 6

As a kid I remember a Great Auntie who had a "quiltin" room. Never actually saw quilts being made, but did make see the completed product, but the ladies used to gather in there, gossip and sew. It was a big thing, for the girls when they stopped being sent out to play and got to go with the older girls to help sew. 

Oh, the Sheeee Sheeeddddd (pencil is making an indentation on my jugular) is a big old deal with us quiltin' folk. I do make quilts but I'm not an old fart type quilt maker. I do run into quite a few in my travels and they are all about the room to put all their machines (nowadays, the retired ladies buy a long arm quilting machine which is bigger than a queen size bed and costs 10-17 thou,more than most of the cars on JJ this season combined). My daughter's next door neighbor has a screen porch  with a big ass quilting machine in there (and her husband gets the garage for his man cave/woodworking shop). 

I over heard one woman about my mom's age say she was going to spend up to $1500 to convince the "pilot" to "f*** her in the alley after the show.  The pilot was one of my gay friends & he told me later that woman was there every weekend.  

It's the "Top Gun" effect - Tom Cruise in his flight suit and aviator sunglasses (back before he turned publicly creepy and started jumping on sofas). I used to be married to a guy that flew as crew for the military and those flight suits made all the guys look hot, even the weirdos and creeps. 

• Love 3

Wow. Finally caught up, starting with the Sean and Patrick (Tweedledum and Tweedledee) and Ms. Englent freak show. Can someone tell me how the ghastly and beastly Ms. Englent, who felt it was just fine to move a convicted sex offender in with her kids has a job this year working with mentally disabled adults when last year she was working at Chucky Cheese (and probably got fired for ingesting too much of the inventory)? Are mentally disabled people so marginalized, so unimportant that anyone would think this horrible person, who is a total liar, amoral, who has the worst judgement ever and who is so desperate for a warm body that she has no qualms about exposing her own children to sex offenders, should be entrusted with their care?

I live behind a group home for developmentally disabled adults and from my observations, yes, yes they are.

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, Sarcastico said:

Happened to stumble across this movie over the weekend. If I knew somebody like Eric Roberts' character from TPoGV in real life, I'd apply for the witness protection program. What a hideously annoying character.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:03 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Bonus points for her dad with the super crazy eyes. 

Gawd those eyes! I wondered if maybe he suffered from vertigo or something. I was getting off balance looking at him.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

Best hallterview ever! A historic moment!

"Don't trust anybody"

...except a drug-addicted, ankle-bracelet wearing sex offender that treats you well and is, get this, "good with the kids."

THIS! I practically choked on my drink at that. Unbelievable!

• Love 2