Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Maybe he can open beer bottles with it.  Or cans of evaporated milk.  The kinds of tasks you need done when you're a woman of a certain age and can't handle them yourself.

Also, since the centerpiece of this case was a diamond, perhaps we oughta call that tooth a solitaire.

Jeezo Pete, I really don't get how you can spend money on engagement rings and computers and TVs and fail to designate some part of your budget for choppers.

• Love 14
(edited)
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

He appears on stage somewhere with that single snaggletooth and feels no embarassment at all?

Why should he? Apparently it's of little impediment attracting the womenz!

The snaggletooth was all kinds of fucked up (what with being a snaggletooth and all) but man, it was the position of it that was freaking me out most. That thing was like right smack dab in the middle of his upper gum. I can't even imagine how mangled his teeth were prior to the rest of them falling out of this mouth.

I got a rerun case today of a Spanish woman who brought along her Spanish-speaking father as a witness to some moron on a go-kart slamming into her car. When JJ asked the father a question, the woman said, "He doesn't speak English." And of course, Judy ripped into her, asking, "Well how is he supposed to answer my questions? Tell him to sit down!" Such a bitch. There have been plenty of cases where non-English speaking litigants used an interpreter -- but not today! Then Judy went off again when the woman brought out photos of the go-kart driving idiot and, at first, JJ seemed very interested. Then she asked where the pictures came from and the Plaintiff said, "I got them from the Defendant's FB page" which unleashed anger bear JJ once again, "Oh! I'm not looking at FB pictures!" Uh, what?! They're still pictures of the kid riding around in the stupid go-kart! What does it matter from where they were acquired? God, I hate her so much sometimes. 

The case was redeemed, however, in the hallterview when the Defendant's mother said she was "verberbally" assaulted. 

Edited by Guest

He did mention that the former fiance had his insulin and didn't give it to him for 2 months so he went without.  If true, that could explain his bad teeth as periodontal disease is a side effect of diabetes.  

Something was up with my cable today so the second case got messed up and I only saw a little bit.  It was about a Sweet 16. What happened?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

If true, that could explain his bad teeth as periodontal disease is a side effect of diabetes.  

The 900$ he spent on a stupid ring for a stupid desperate woman could have been a nice down payment on some teeth. Even if he can still attract women with that dangling snaggle, I can't imagine trying to eat (Guess corn on the cob is off the menu) and the rest of his teeth are probably broken stumps.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

He did mention that the former fiance had his insulin and didn't give it to him for 2 months so he went without.  If true, that could explain his bad teeth as periodontal disease is a side effect of diabetes.  

Something was up with my cable today so the second case got messed up and I only saw a little bit.  It was about a Sweet 16. What happened?

The Sweet 16 story was about the caterer who provided sub-par food, and then ordered pizzas, they didn't get the hall they wanted, and there was $300 spent on decorations, which ended up being a bunch of balloons.  I think she was awarded $1800 out of $2800 spent.

• Love 2

When you have arthritis it can be hard to open cans...  but imagine the ease of putting the can in his mouth and stepping on his foot!  Then it's like magic!  Peaches, Chef Boyardee, Campbell's soup... no more struggle with the snaggle!

• Love 8
(edited)

I tend to get a little obsessive about teeth....but OMG THAT GUY ONLY HAS ONE TOOTH!

He really should get it pulled and get a partial or dentures. It's just at that point. 

Again, I am kind of obsessive about teeth, but I would be SO tempted to pull it out in his sleep. Drove me nuts.

Edited by stephinmn
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ElleMo said:

A very reasonable mother hired a party planner for her daughter's sweet sixteen. The Party planner had staffing issues the day off and the décor and food were a disaster. The mother wanted back $1800 of the $2800 paid since there was a hall and a bus and a few other things. JJ agreed.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I got a rerun case today of a Spanish woman who brought along her Spanish-speaking father as a witness to some moron on a go-kart slamming into her car. When JJ asked the father a question, the woman said, "He doesn't speak English." And of course, Judy ripped into her, asking, "Well how is he supposed to answer my questions? Tell him to sit down!" Such a bitch. There have been plenty of cases where non-English speaking litigants used an interpreter -- but not today! Then Judy went off again when the woman brought out photos of the go-kart driving idiot and, at first, JJ seemed very interested. Then she asked where the pictures came from and the Plaintiff said, "I got them from the Defendant's FB page" which unleashed anger bear JJ once again, "Oh! I'm not looking at FB pictures!" Uh, what?! They're still pictures of the kid riding around in the stupid go-kart! What does it matter from where they were acquired? God, I hate her so much sometimes. 

The case was redeemed, however, in the hallterview when the Defendant's mother said she was "verberbally" assaulted. 

I missed this the first time around and it wasn't aired in my area yesterday.  They probably don't have an interpretor around all the time so if she didn't tell them her witness didn't speak English then they wouldn't be prepared.  Don't know why she didn't want to see the pictures, though.  

10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

The 900$ he spent on a stupid ring for a stupid desperate woman could have been a nice down payment on some teeth. Even if he can still attract women with that dangling snaggle, I can't imagine trying to eat (Guess corn on the cob is off the menu) and the rest of his teeth are probably broken stumps.

For $900 he also could have gotten an Uber ride to the ex's apartment to get his insulin or even pay for more insulin at the pharmacy.  He's ugly, got bad teeth, will give his current fiance the ring he bought for his ex and doesn't take care of his health --  what a catch!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

For $900 he also could have gotten an Uber ride to the ex's apartment to get his insulin or even pay for more insulin at the pharmacy.  He's ugly, got bad teeth, will give his current fiance the ring he bought for his ex and doesn't take care of his health --  what a catch!

No kidding. It's hard to tell from just a short appearance, but I do think it's very likely either the plaintiff or the friend who came to retrieve all the medicine just forgot the insulin because it was in the fridge and out of sight. That's an easy enough thing to do. 

As for the ring situation, I do think the guy was either entitled to the value of the ring itself or the daughter who is a jeweler should have to take the stone out and return the ring to the guy. It's awkward since technically each owns a piece of the property but I think JJ did gloss over the fact that the guy did pay for the ring. All the plaintiff really was entitled to was the center stone.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

A very reasonable mother hired a party planner for her daughter's sweet sixteen. The Party planner had staffing issues the day off and the décor and food were a disaster. The mother wanted back $1800 of the $2800 paid since there was a hall and a bus and a few other things. JJ agreed.

I was impressed that the plaintiff only wanted back part of the money spent, and that JJ didn't go off on the "she ate the steak" rant I was expecting. Clearly the def didn't deliver what was promised, and I did like that the plaintiff was reasonable.  Surprisingly "nice" case.

That's all for now. Gotta go floss my teeth.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, ElleMo said:

He's ugly, got bad teeth, will give his current fiance the ring he bought for his ex and doesn't take care of his health --  what a catch!

The best part was the plaintiff in the hall, saying "I won't date (or "Don't date") any more musicians!" As though being a musician is what makes him an asshole. Yeah, everything else about him was great and had he been, say, an accountant, he'd be perfect and I'm sure they'd be enjoying wedded bliss by now.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

As someone else said, they probably have to arrange for a translator in advance, and if no one notified JJ that one was needed, she has to rely on the daughter to translate for him, and who knows if she'll say what he is really saying, or if she'll give him information she shouldn't be giving him when she translates whatever the judge is asking.  I agree with her on that.  As for the pictures, the plaintiff didn't take them herself.  She got them from what she says is his FB page, and that would give the defendant all kinds of outs, so I get that too, much as it sucks - it's like hearsay.  That doesn't mean that JJ isn't all kinds of inconsistent, but I get that one.

11 hours ago, ElleMo said:

It can be, but it also takes raging high blood sugars for a very extended amount of time (many years).  My dad has been diabetic since age 50, and insulin dependent since age 60, and was always good about dental stuff until he got a doctor at the dental practice who insulted him (this doctor was an ass - he insulted me too, and I responded by asking him to leave the room, and send in someone who could speak to me like they didn't find me disgusting - he died a year or two ago, so I no longer have to deal with him, but his wife is a hygienist there, and she's just as bad  - she was all over my husband for something stupid and he told the front desk he didn't want her anymore), and he stupidly just refused to go back.....for several years.  I told him to go back, tell the front desk he did not want to see that doctor again under any circumstances, and to see the doctor  that my husband, myself, and my mom all see (he's great).  That's when they found the start of periodontal disease.  Thankfully caught early, but still expensive to treat.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

It can be, but it also takes raging high blood sugars for a very extended amount of time (many years).  My dad has been diabetic since age 50, and insulin dependent since age 60, and was always good about dental stuff until he got a doctor at the dental practice who insulted him (this doctor was an ass - he insulted me too, and I responded by asking him to leave the room, and send in someone who could speak to me like they didn't find me disgusting - he died a year or two ago, so I no longer have to deal with him, but his wife is a hygienist there, and she's just as bad  - she was all over my husband for something stupid and he told the front desk he didn't want her anymore), and he stupidly just refused to go back.....for several years.  I told him to go back, tell the front desk he did not want to see that doctor again under any circumstances, and to see the doctor  that my husband, myself, and my mom all see (he's great).  That's when they found the start of periodontal disease.  Thankfully caught early, but still expensive to treat.

If the guy truly went without insulin for two months because it was in his ex's frig and didn't bother to get over there or try to get a new prescription filled, then I have no problem believing that he has taken poor care of himself and managed his diabetes poorly (or went undiagnosed) for many years.  He obviously doesn't go to the dentist regularly or consider it a priority

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

With all the money he got from the toof fairy, Snaggle could buy a full set of dentures AND engagement rings for all his wimmin! 

Nah, he only needs the one ring... just keeps passing it around... he really should buy the diamond, though. Also, he needs money for tools! I had to laugh when he pointed out he didn't just want his toolbox, he wanted the tools that were inside it.

True story - years ago, in the 70s, my new NCOIC shipped his van to Fairbanks, Alaska. Back then you could ship stuff in you car, as long as it was inventoried. He shipped a toolbox with tools, taking the time to itemize what tools he had in it. When the van arrived he got everything on the list... except instead of good craftsman tools the toolbox was full of stuff from the 99cent clearance bin.

• Love 1

My interpretation of the go kart pics was that JJ asked for pictures of the father's car. The plaintiff (daughter) passed up the FB pics. Then JJ started her "what's this? I asked for pics of the car" .

Just catching up now and watched the guy with the tooth. I seriously gagged when I saw him. Just gross. 

Can someone explain the ring thing to me? I know nothing about jewelry. I wear a wedding band and a claddagh and that is it. Never wanted or had an engagement ring. The guy bought the ring for $999. with a diamond in it and those little diamonds on the side. The plaintiff had a diamond removed from her own ring and had it put into the purchased engagement ring. When JJ was saying to the new fiance that "This ring did not cost $999." What did she mean? What happened to the diamond that actually came with the ring? Was JJ under the impression that the guy purchased an empty ring with small diamonds around the side for $999? Can you even do that?

1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

JWas JJ under the impression that the guy purchased an empty ring with small diamonds around the side for $999? Can you even do that?

Yes - you can buy the setting (called a "mounting" in the jewelry trade), and then choose the stone size/shape you wish.  The most expensive part of a ring is the stone.  In this case, if he bought the ring for $999 with a diamond (as the main stone) already in it, then took out that diamond and put in another one, the value of the setting itself is much lower.  That's why JJ asked what happened to the diamond that came with the ring.

• Love 3
(edited)
34 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Yes - you can buy the setting (called a "mounting" in the jewelry trade), and then choose the stone size/shape you wish.  The most expensive part of a ring is the stone.  In this case, if he bought the ring for $999 with a diamond (as the main stone) already in it, then took out that diamond and put in another one, the value of the setting itself is much lower.  That's why JJ asked what happened to the diamond that came with the ring.

I understood differently.  He bought the setting with small diamonds and she gave him the big stone from a ring she owned.  She wanted her diamond back, he could keep the setting because that was all he bought.   JJ asked him where the large diamond came from, expecting him to admit it was hers.  Not "where is the diamond that came with the ring" no large diamond came with the ring.  

He and his new love wanted JJ to think the plaintiff was lying.  They were trying to keep the entire ring.  She saw through that!  

Maybe we are saying the same thing with different wording! 

Edited by wings707

He bought the setting with small diamonds and she gave him the big stone from a ring she owned

That is what I understood about the case. However the image of the TOOTH! (singular)  dominated the case and and completely outshined (so to speak) the diamond issue.  The TOOTH! (singular) should have its own reality show (just the tooth, not the musician).

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I understood differently.  He bought the setting with small diamonds and she gave him the big stone from a ring she owned.  She wanted her diamond back, he could keep the setting because that was all he bought.   JJ asked him where the large diamond came from, expecting him to admit it was hers.  Not "where is the diamond that came with the ring" no large diamond came with the ring.  

He and his new love wanted JJ to think the plaintiff was lying.  They were trying to keep the entire ring.  She saw through that!  

Maybe we are saying the same thing with different wording! 

I was being hypothetical to a degree because I didn't see the actual episode - I was just mostly addressing the question of whether you can buy a setting without a big stone.  So I'm not disagreeing what what you define . . . because I didn't see it!  LOL.

• Love 1

I have done the same thing many times.  I bought a GOOD loose diamond, or whatever stone tickled my fancy.  Then I would install the good loose stone in a decent mount (with or without other stones in it) and that would make me really happy.  It is a very common thing to do, especially if you have a very rare or sentimental stone.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

The woman that bought a pug with funky testicles was hilariously nervy asking for both the refund AND the dog.  She looked pretty convinced that JJ should agree with it!

And she looked so earnest about it. "Yes, I want my money back and to keep the dog too! What? That's unreasonable? I'll call the attorney general to complain!"

I actually believe that the plaintiff sent people onto the defendant's property to cause mischief (while I know the defendant couldn't prove it) because she seems like that kind of entitled person...

• Love 5
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

understood differently.  He bought the setting with small diamonds and she gave him the big stone from a ring she owned.  She wanted her diamond back, he could keep the setting because that was all he bought.   JJ asked him where the large diamond came from, expecting him to admit it was hers.

That's what I heard. The diamond was the plaintiff's grandmother's and she gave it to Mortimer Snerd to make her an engagement ring since he couldn't afford to get her an entire ring (do people this age really need engagment rings? Whatever.) He got it mounted with a few diamond chips (JJ was being generous when she called them "baguettes") around it, then wanted to give it - with plaintiff's diamond -(Just all class, our Mortimer)  to his new squeezebox. But yes, there are many places where you can go and get a setting/band/whatever ring if you want to use your own gem stones.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

That's what I heard. The diamond was the plaintiff's grandmother's and she gave it to Mortimer Snerd to make her an engagement ring since he couldn't afford to get her an entire ring (do people this age really need engagment rings? Whatever.) He got it mounted with a few diamond chips (JJ was being generous when she called them "baguettes") around it, then wanted to give it - with plaintiff's diamond -(Just all class, our Mortimer)  to his new squeezebox. But yes, there are many places where you can go and get a setting/band/whatever ring if you want to use your own gem stones.

This was one of those cases where it sounded like JJ knew what she was talking 'bout. Sooo,  if you have a dispute about jewelry, go to JJ. Classic cars, guns, any sporting goods/equipment... stay in small claims and hope you get a judge with a clue of what your stuff is worth.

• Love 7
On 11/5/2016 at 9:44 AM, SRTouch said:

Yeah, as I remember this was a 19yo college student who was renting a room. I was impressed with the girl, a product of the foster care system who aged out and seems to be attempting to make a better life for her self with no family support. Anyway, defendant in case rented a room to her in his home, and according to defendant he was also impressed with her maturity. Defendant has shared custody of a 15yo daughter, who was at mom's house at the time of incident and defendant was out of town. Daughter gets permission to go swimming at Daddy's house with a friend, which is fine with the parents because the 19yo is all responsible and everything. Well, maybe so, but she is just the tenant, I see no reason to expect her to babysit a couple 15 and 16 year olds. Something happens, not really sure what because JJ isn't big on back stories that aren't part of the case. I suspect the daughter and friend either threw a party or tried to and 19yo tenant was in the way. That's just a guess, what we know is daughter goes to daddy and tells him an incredible story of how the tenant offered her and her friend booze and drugs then tried to pimp them out. 

Just saw this one, and what's not apparent from the writeup is the 19yo is black and the teenagers are hella white. And I'm thinking the little brats thought "oh, daddy is totes gonna believe the black girl is a druggie pimp instead of thinking his precious innocent snow-white daughter might've decided to booze it up all on her own." And he did, for no apparent reason - they couldn't keep their stories straight in court. She just randomly decided to offer them booze and ecstasy, and they were so shocked! shocked! that they didn't even bother telling their parents until a week later. Because they were both totally the kind of kids I'd have wanted to party down with when I was 19. (Seriously, maturity-wise, these two were closer to 12 than 19, and it was obvious the 19-yo thought so too.)

I wanted the backstory and for JJ to go into a mega smackdown on them. Sigh, she just tossed out the counterclaim with no commentary.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

The woman that bought a pug with funky testicles was hilariously nervy asking for both the refund AND the dog.  She looked pretty convinced that JJ should agree with it!

She really had the balls, didn't she?

• Love 15

I just watched the ring case again for clarity. Thanks for addressing my question, folks!

JJ said “the defendant bought the ring but not the diamond.” The plaintiff said, “Yes,” and the defendant said, “Well, there was a diamond in there when I bought it.” JJ says, “I’d like to see the ring.”

The receipt that the plaintiff gave JJ from the defendant’s “folder” says:

1666309 1,099.00 1

14KW 3/8 CT PC&RD Dia Semi Mt

AC-31T (100.00)

Net Amount 999.00

Under that it says

1734139 99.99 1  99.99

Lifetime ECP JWLRY 1001-1300.9

Contract Number: [blurred out by the show]

Under that it has

146471 .00 1 .00

New Repair Setup 2001906553

Can anyone translate what the first section means?

JJ asks the plaintiff how the diamond got into the ring. She says, “it was from my ex-husband who is now deceased… I took it from this diamond [I think she meant ring]. The other diamond is my mother’s diamond.” She then takes off and gives JJ a ring with what looks like space for two diamonds but there are no diamonds in it at all. Plaintiff then says, “My daughter was the jeweler.”

JJ says of the engagement ring diamond, “It’s a slightly larger stone that from this ring [the plaintiff’s] and put in this setting [his ring]. She says yes. Then the plaintiff said he paid for the setting only.

JJ says to the defendant that she believes he paid 900-something dollars to have the plaintiff’s stone mounted in the engagement ring. She says the mounting and the sizing and the “little diamonds” are what he paid the $999. for.

Is that possible? It cost that much to put the plaintiff’s stone in a new ring? I googled PC&RD to try to make sense of the first section from the receipt but can’t find what that means.

• Love 1

I think PC is princess cut, which is a square diamond.  If I remember correctly, the chips in the band were square.  RD is definitely round--that might refer to the center stone that needed to be set in the empty prongs.  Semi Mt means by definition that it's a ring lacking a center stone--so that term alone pretty much proved the plaintiff's case, that he bought the setting and she provided the main diamond.

Very patient of you to write all that down! 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I think PC is princess cut, which is a square diamond.  If I remember correctly, the chips in the band were square.  RD is definitely round--that might refer to the center stone that needed to be set in the empty prongs.  Semi Mt means by definition that it's a ring lacking a center stone--so that term alone pretty much proved the plaintiff's case, that he bought the setting and she provided the main diamond.

Very patient of you to write all that down! 

Lol. I'm feeling very sad and down today (widow hell) and wanted to find something to keep me busy. Egg tooth's receipt did the trick. :)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Jamoche said:

his precious innocent snow-white daughter might've decided to booze it up all on her own."

Did you see that daughter? Holy shit. She was traumatized and deserved punitive damages for being offered drugs. I wonder if she got a case of the vapors at the shock.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Lol. I'm feeling very sad and down today (widow hell) and wanted to find something to keep me busy. Egg tooth's receipt did the trick. :)

Well, maybe you should do something bold with all that patience--like go to criminology school and become a detective!  Just don't put Patricia Bean's photo on your ID badge when you go around solving crimes.  Even criminals shouldn't have to look at that face.  (Let's make an exception for Egg Tooth, though--if he can look in the mirror every day, he can look at P. Bean.)  ;o)

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/3/2017 at 6:05 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Really, he didn't seem to have a whole lot of character to deflame.

This description of a litigant sums things up perfectly.

6 hours ago, Jamoche said:

I wanted the backstory and for JJ to go into a mega smackdown on them. Sigh, she just tossed out the counterclaim with no commentary.

I was glad she at least said "You believe them" to the man with her characteristic dismissive sneer.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 1

Hey, what about Ms. Fuller (I just watched now) who outdoes most other litigants and buys a 20-year old, salvaged hunk of junk car? She miraculously gets months of use from it and thinks it's a great idea to get def. to fix it to the tune of 2300$ when she paid 1400$ (and probably overpaid)for it.  Does no one care about her plight? I really couldn't follow the money trail of payments and credits back to her and so on, but there was something about her that was totally bizarre. Anyway, her case is dismissed and def never had to say a word.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Hey, what about Ms. Fuller (I just watched now) who outdoes most other litigants and buys a 20-year old, salvaged hunk of junk car? She miraculously gets months of use from it and thinks it's a great idea to get def. to fix it to the tune of 2300$ when she paid 1400$ (and probably overpaid)for it.  Does no one care about her plight? I really couldn't follow the money trail of payments and credits back to her and so on, but there was something about her that was totally bizarre. Anyway, her case is dismissed and def never had to say a word.

I'm with you, I gave up trying to figure out the money. She was charged, cc reversed charges, then charged the next day? ITA, scrap heap probably worth $5-700, she paid twice what it was worth, then wants twice what she paid. I couldn't follow what she said he did wrong, since JJ wouldn't accept her hearsay evidence - something about not passing smog, then I think the frame was bent?

Still, I give the award for this week's silliest litigant to the lady who acts like it's perfectly obvious that she should get a full refund AND keep the "defective" puppy.

• Love 3
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Pretty adorable puppy, though.  Glad she took the dog!

Part of my problem with that case is my deep dislike for back yard breeders - which this woman appeared to want to become. Sounded like her plan was to breed her male and take a female as a stud fee. What was the plan from that point forward? Couldn't afford to buy a female, but would now have two dogs to raise, feed, and provide vet care - and neuter or poppa and daughter will be breeding. 

Oh, another question I would have liked to have heard answered, seeing as how retained testicles seems to be genetic - have any of defendant's other puppies had the problem? I don't see ever paying for an AKC registered puppy, but if I ever did, that is something I'd want to know. My understanding is that the AKC would not let you show or knowingly breed the dog, so that should be reflected in the price... but really, with all the companion animals in shelters, why?

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 2

Part of my problem with that case is my deep dislike for back yard breeders

I skipped this case. As someone who did animal rescue for over 5 years, backyard breeders and the people who financially subsidize them (because they want this designer dog or breed/fashion accessory right now) make me ill/enraged and it's no good for my BP.  

Right now, a rescue I help out (and from whom I adopted a 9-year old dog I loved dearly) is dealing with the "trash" from a backyard breeder - Great Dane puppies who are both partially or fully blind. But what does the "breeder" care? He lines his pockets with the non-defective product and can dump the defective product. Grr.

• Love 7

After watching the pug puppy case, my first thought was that I am so glad that I don't have the plaintiff's son as a student.  I can only imagine what she would expect his teachers to do when she expected a breeder to give her the puppy and her money.  I had a male dalmatian who had a testicle that did not drop.  Great dog-lived to be 14 years old.  The plaintiff wanted to breed her male puppy in order to get a female?  I think there's way more to the story and I wish that JJ had gotten into it.  Reporting the breeder to the Attorney General?  For agreeing to give a full refund in exchange for the puppy?  Wowza.

• Love 7

I wonder if Senior Snaggletooth's righteous country & western band is called "Spooky Tooth:"

'cuz it is, darlin'

*********sings ***** Love is kinda crazy with a Spooky Little Tooth like yooouurssss. . . . . SPOOOOOOKYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm one of those weirdos that hears words and they translate into random lyrics in my head. I too was mesmerized by Senior Snaggletooth. I'm wondering why he couldn't buy some of those fake ass toofies they advertise on the LAFF channel (they show some meth headed lovely folks with missing teeth that put this rubbery set of front teeth under hot water and mold it to their upper jaw - what a bargain at TWO for $14.95!!!! just pay extra shipping and handling fee!) 

As you can see by my avatar, I am a pug person with a LOT of experience with pugs and breeders. Dumb ass plaintiff didn't even do her research - many dogs that have undescended testicles end up with the testicle becoming malignant later in life. And if she wanted another dog from the same breeding pair, she would end up with brother and sister. No bueno. Pugs are notorious for breeding problems - particularly backyard breeders. It's a good thing that pug got fixed. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

As you can see by my avatar, I am a pug person

I was at my vet last year in the waiting area. A vet tech comes out with two little pug puppies. I had never seen pug pups before and I swear I have never seen anything cuter in my entire life. They didn't look real and there's no heart so hard they couldn't melt it, although it would be a challenge with some litigants.

As for the toothlessness - really, I'd be way too self-conscious to go to the corner store with no teeth. How on earth do all these people stand in front of millions of people with not one iota of embarassment, happily smiling with a gap-toothed grins like demented Halloween punkins? 

• Love 5