Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Je-SUS! Kristina Martin and her 'husband'? They can't be for real can they? Quintessential, stereotypical, inbred, toothless, Deliverance-type, mouth-breathing hillbillies who apparently exist on Big Macs and pork rinds - well, when the toothless (too much meth?) beast, Kristina, isn't in jail, that is. It has kids. I weep. Why the plaintiff would ever want to speak to her, let alone lend her his car, I do not understand.

Charles Rupley - you once again make me ecstatic that I haven't rented in over 25 years. Annoying old busybody who sits in front of his window night and day watching every move his tenants make, probably does have a bit of senility going on, but the tenants shouldn't have to suffer for that. Sell the damned house if you can't remember or recognize anyone to whom you've rented and feel the need to call them late at night to ask, "Who's that?"

• Love 8

My takeaways from Candelaria's Cat is Dead Case:

1.) The parents were lunatics who no doubt killed the cat;

2.) Everyone on the right side of the courtroom needs to be introduced to something called "hair conditioner." As retail workers, no doubt they've passed the aisle that contains Suave which sells for $1.99, not including an employee discount. PLEASE BUY SOME;

3.) Of COURSE she's pregnant with #3 Guy in the Police Lineup's baby;

4.) The second I saw the #3 Guy, I said to myself, "He looks like someone you'd meet over the internet." So, excuse me while I call Dionne Warwick and offer my services to her hotline.

98ar7p;aufid.jpg

3 hours ago, SandyToes said:

I hope they never made it to Texas.

I hate to say this but...they're already there.

The nosy landlord case was so interesting for me. Back in the 80's, I had a landlord just like him. Lived down the street and was a big bully as well as being nosy. I worked graveyard shift, so I slept during the day. The bedroom was upstairs and at the opposite end of the house from the door, so I couldn't hear anything downstairs. Twice, I woke up and found notes from him on the kitchen counter! The grouchy old bastard believed he was entitled to come into the house whenever he wanted. He thought it was fine to unlock my door, come into my house and leave me a nasty note that the rent was late. I moved in on the 15th of the month and there was no prorating, so my rent was due on the 15th. He insisted it was due on the 1st and tried to bully me into agreeing with him. I picked up a copy of the landlord/tenant laws and left them in his mailbox the next time I paid rent. He used to peek in the windows when he mowed the lawn and asked the neighborhood gossip to relay my comings and goings to him. I was in my 20's, single and had overnight male visitors - the horror! The neighborhood gossip told him she thought I was a hooker because I had 'cars in my driveway overnight on my nights off'-LOL! I caught her looking in my windows and chased her off, then bought a little push mower and told the grouchy, old bully that I'd mow my own lawn from now on, thankyouverymuch!

Fast forward 30 years and now I'm a landlord and I live next door to my rental. There are 5 acres separating my house from the rental house, so I'm not up in their business. But, I can keep an eye on things. I wouldn't dream of waltzing over there unannounced or calling them at 10pm because I want to know who is going in and out of the house! I was so glad JJ gave them their rent back for the entire month. That asshole had no business going into that house until the 1st of the next month and the tenants were smart to call the cops when the nosy, old coot entered the house before they were moved out. I pity every one of his future tenants and suggest they give him a copy of their local landlord/tenant laws with every rent payment.

• Love 10

I had to laugh when JJ told the twisted sisters that sneaking guys into their rooms at night wasn't how Romeo and Juliet got started.  It was exactly how Romeo and Juliet got started!  He didn't stop with a dramatic little conversation at her balcony.  I guess JJ skipped the scene where Juliet was sneaking him out in the morning.  And then had her nurse shave the side of her head.  (Kidding about the last part.)

• Love 13
23 hours ago, patty1h said:

Their whole situation is half icky and half sad; 30 year old and 19 year old sisters shacked up with two goons.  The sisters being roommates despite their age difference is kind of strange but who knows what they had to endure growing up that keeps them in their symbiotic relationship. 

Yeah. I can't get over the big sister being 30, and still living at home with mom and Mt. Stepdad. And both sisters were allegedly employed, contributing to rent and household expenses. That they thought those two internet goons were their best ticket out of Dodge gives me all kinds of willies about what their home life was like. No indication that either of them had attempted secondary education or getting out of the house before? Mom, suing them for leaving a mess and sneaking in BOYS!!1! to their ROOM!1!1? I sensed super-weird control issues going on there; got a The Virgin Suicides vibe from the whole thing.  I dunno; I hope the sisters gain further independence and, as JJ said, forget what their rodent-faced Prince Charmings look like inside the next decade.

• Love 3

I guess Byrd was interested in learning he had 7 more dependants. Janetta- prolific breeder - is far too disabled to work at any job but not to get knocked up with every loser she spreads for. The latest is an infant she decided to have with her latest loser boyfriend who also had no job and had to move back with Mommy and Daddy. Why not have another baby? Janetta has SIX kids. Even professional couples who work full time would have trouble supporting and caring for that many kids, but not Janetta, who is a perfect example of the "Idiocracy" theory. In addition to her disability payments, she sells shit on Etsy, which I'm sure brings in a whopping big income. I'm sure she reports all income from that.  Not surprising her lease was in her name only. Had the boyfriend signed up that would have messed up the money she sucks up from the weary people who do have to work to support her, her gaggle of kids and probably her temporary sperm donors.

The gardener who wrote dirty words on plaintiff's lawn with bleach: Who cares?

I made the mistake of rewatching Ms. Carroll, who was suing the mother of the appalling, frightening Rosemary, supposedly a 17-year old girl who looked like a 35-year old transvestite. Of course Rosemary has been arrested before, and jailed too, because the authorities throw teens into jail for skipping school. Oops, no - actually she's a thief who is not bright enough to tell a believable lie.  Her momma knows all that, but still takes off to Mexico all the time and leaves her darling daughter alone to get into yet more trouble, like having her boyfriend steal stuff from Ms. Carroll. Ms. Carroll? If I were you, I'd move away from this element before they do something worse to you.

• Love 14

I do not know if the lawn care person was indeed responsible for the bleach writing on that lady's lawn, but if he was that was pretty stupid of him because it would look like too much of a coincidence. Unless she makes it a habit of stiffing contractors and thus has a garnered few more resentful people in her town.

What is it with some people, most often older ladies on these court shows, that they can't see fit to pay for home repair or maintenance services rendered and then find all kinds of excuses or resort to lying in order to justify their stinginess?

• Love 5

I don't know, if we're being totally honest here (and of course, we're ALWAYS honest on the Judge Judy forums!), using bleach to write nasty words in someone's lawn is kind of an awesome way to convey your displeasure with them. I'm almost sorry we didn't get into that part of the case more. Bleaching a cheating ex-boyfriend's clothes seems so pedestrian and uninspired in comparison. Taking the time to write words on a lawn so 1) the whole world can see it and 2) your displeasure/handiwork will be there until it grows out or the owner pays to have it fixed (which obviously didn't/couldn't happen in this case) is on a whole new level.

And I could be biased or way off base here, but from the little I did see, I'm not convinced the defendant did it. The plaintiff did stiff him, and even though his grammar left a little to be desired, he seemed like he had his act together and didn't appear unhinged. Who knows how many people the plaintiff has ticked off in the same way?

• Love 11

Wow. I mentioned the Myriam Ward ep awhile back to demonstrate the pathetic desperation of so many women, and here it pops up on my DVR.

Her fiance, Michael, only kicked her in the buttocks once! Get that straight, JJ. He then assaulted her, but but no more butt-kicking. Oh, he also called the police on her. Who could resist him? Of course she married him. Who wouldn't? I mean, had he kicked her in the buttocks more than once, all bets would have been off. J/K. She would have married him anyway, rationalizing like, "Well, he kicked me twice in my ass and assaulted me, but he never strangled me or broke my arm" because there's nothing so hot as an abusive, sneaky asshole, tough guy, right?

• Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, lovesnark said:

The nosy landlord case was so interesting for me. Back in the 80's, I had a landlord just like him. Lived down the street and was a big bully as well as being nosy. I worked graveyard shift, so I slept during the day. The bedroom was upstairs and at the opposite end of the house from the door, so I couldn't hear anything downstairs. Twice, I woke up and found notes from him on the kitchen counter! The grouchy old bastard believed he was entitled to come into the house whenever he wanted. He thought it was fine to unlock my door, come into my house and leave me a nasty note that the rent was late. I moved in on the 15th of the month and there was no prorating, so my rent was due on the 15th. He insisted it was due on the 1st and tried to bully me into agreeing with him. I picked up a copy of the landlord/tenant laws and left them in his mailbox the next time I paid rent. He used to peek in the windows when he mowed the lawn and asked the neighborhood gossip to relay my comings and goings to him. I was in my 20's, single and had overnight male visitors - the horror! The neighborhood gossip told him she thought I was a hooker because I had 'cars in my driveway overnight on my nights off'-LOL! I caught her looking in my windows and chased her off, then bought a little push mower and told the grouchy, old bully that I'd mow my own lawn from now on, thankyouverymuch!

Fast forward 30 years and now I'm a landlord and I live next door to my rental. There are 5 acres separating my house from the rental house, so I'm not up in their business. But, I can keep an eye on things. I wouldn't dream of waltzing over there unannounced or calling them at 10pm because I want to know who is going in and out of the house! I was so glad JJ gave them their rent back for the entire month. That asshole had no business going into that house until the 1st of the next month and the tenants were smart to call the cops when the nosy, old coot entered the house before they were moved out. I pity every one of his future tenants and suggest they give him a copy of their local landlord/tenant laws with every rent payment.

I had a nosy landlord, but he was younger.  He always gave me the creeper vibe, and you had to ask him a couple hundred times to take care of anything (a stair with rotten wood, a broken refrigerator shelf, roach infestation, no hot water, finding all the common area and outdoor lights were wired in to our apartment ,etc), and then he'd act like you were asking him to cut off his left...well..you know.  When we moved in, he was living with his parents (he told us he had been living in the building, but was building his own house so he opted to move out and get rent for his apartment).  Then he moved in to his own house and got married, and had a baby in short order (wife had other kids from prior marriage).  Then he got really jerky, and we made the decision to move out when our lease was up (it was year to year).  We gave him plenty of notice and was out by the specified time.  He refused to show up for a walk-through, so I did a video to protect us (just found it the other day).  Then I saw he was living in our old apartment not long after (I drove by - he had the blinds off the windows and was moving things in).  On the way home, it came on the radio that he was arrested for allegedly molesting his wife's other kids, and she threw him out.  I never knew what came of it and I have tried to find out over the years.  He had a business partner.  He was a fire chief.  He ended up in the newspaper because he burned himself severely with illegal fireworks.  Let that sink in.  I don't miss that place, the landlord, or the horrible neighbors we had.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Even professional couples who work full time would have trouble supporting and caring for that many kids, but not Janetta, who is a perfect example of the "Idiocracy" theory. In addition to her disability payments, she sells shit on Etsy, which I'm sure brings in a whopping big income. I'm sure she reports all income from that. 

Come on, now. She's an ENTREPENEUR!  ;)   Etsy will report it for her, but she could have it set up under someone else's name, or a D/B/A, so she can probably skate around it....at least for a while.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, Florinaldo said:

I do not know if the lawn care person was indeed responsible for the bleach writing on that lady's lawn, but if he was that was pretty stupid of him because it would look like too much of a coincidence. Unless she makes it a habit of stiffing contractors and thus has a garnered few more resentful people in her town.

What is it with some people, most often older ladies on these court shows, that they can't see fit to pay for home repair or maintenance services rendered and then find all kinds of excuses or resort to lying in order to justify their stinginess?

I don't believe he did it.  I DO believe she told him "I don't know who you are, and I didn't ask you to do anything for me."  100%

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Quof said:

Waiting for Judy to tell Charity Capizzi "This is not an audition!!!" I'm not through the recording, hopefully it is yet to come.

She was just hateful, I agree.  Entitled brat.  And was she sucking her teeth, or maybe a tongue-piercing?

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

JJ apparently doesn't understand that when there are dogs on either side of a fence and one of them sticks its head under the fence, it can grab the other little dog and pull it through.

THIS!  What was wrong with her??  I kept waiting for her to ask things like, "How long have you been in your house?" to the Plaintiff.  Why would his dog suddenly get a hankering to dig under the fence to get closer to seemingly aggressive dogs?  The Defendant was so new to the neighborhood that she hadn't even met her adjacent neighbor yet but it was SO improbable that HER animals breached the fence? JJ was way off-base with that one.  Glad the dog was ultimately ok.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Brattinella said:
2 hours ago, Quof said:

Waiting for Judy to tell Charity Capizzi "This is not an audition!!!" I'm not through the recording, hopefully it is yet to come.

She was just hateful, I agree. 

But she's a [say it with me]: A single mom! So much hair flipping, face pulling, and neck craning ... my god. She must have worked up a sweat with that performance. I felt sorry for the neighbors as I have no doubt she and her monster children were no doubt nightmares to deal with. 

And yet again, if you don't have money to pay your rent -- stop having children you can't afford! Planned Parenthood is still open -- use it! I don't get why Charity won't accept free birth control but expects to have free rent instead and then acts all shocked when she gets evicted. 

58 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

JJ apparently doesn't understand that when there are dogs on either side of a fence and one of them sticks its head under the fence, it can grab the other little dog and pull it through.

THIS!  What was wrong with her?? 

I give up with her and her know-it-all-ism. And that dog was adorable! I'm shocked (and happy) those two larger dogs didn't kill her. Dude really needs to fix that fence though.

Ugh, Cardoza, a wimpy little shit who is old enough to have big bags under his eyes, yet needs his long-suffering Momma - who works - and other people to feed, clothe and put a roof over his head because he doesn't like to work. There were disagreements! Other people think he should get a job and stop being a parasitic loser. How dare they?

• Love 2

JJ was very unprepared today, for the landlord-tenant case.  First, she assumed that plaintiffs were only in the unit for one month, when it was actually 13 months (and part of month 14).  Then she tells defendants that she was going to quickly dispose of their counterclaim, when it turned out that the counterclaim was totally legit. 

Not sure how I feel about the dog injury case.  I can't see little dogs moving a "boulder" but it does make sense that the little dogs went into the neighbor's yard.  Plaintiff didn't think his dogs would venture into "dangerous" territory, but dogs don't think that far ahead.  They gotta sniff butts first. 

• Love 8

We had dachshunds when I was young. They are digging fiends. In fact, they were bred to be diggers, chasing badgers.  It would not surprise me in the least if the dachshunds had dug under the fence

And they are fearless. Our male dachshund bit a man who broke into the house and made the mistake of entering my sister's room. The dog also bit the Culligan man, my uncle, and probably a few others I don't remember over the years that he thought were trespassing in his space. My mother's miniature dachshund died because he got into a fight with a raccoon.  And our boy was a runner. If you weren't careful, he'd bolt out the door and run like hell. 

So I have no problem believing a dachshund dug under the fence trying to make a getaway, or just to let the neighbor dog know he was the alpha, and had no fear of the bigger dog. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, bad things are bad said:

We had dachshunds when I was young. They are digging fiends. In fact, they were bred to be diggers, chasing badgers.  It would not surprise me in the least if the dachshunds had dug under the fence

And they are fearless. Our male dachshund bit a man who broke into the house and made the mistake of entering my sister's room. The dog also bit the Culligan man, my uncle, and probably a few others I don't remember over the years that he thought were trespassing in his space. My mother's miniature dachshund died because he got into a fight with a raccoon.  And our boy was a runner. If you weren't careful, he'd bolt out the door and run like hell. 

So I have no problem believing a dachshund dug under the fence trying to make a getaway, or just to let the neighbor dog know he was the alpha, and had no fear of the bigger dog. 

Yep... we had a doxy when I was a kid (so did my grandparents). Great little dog - and only purebred I ever had. He was both very smart - and extremely STUPID! Bo was hardwired to know he was a hunting dog - like you say, bred originally to dig out badgers. Normally well behaved and reasonably well trained, when he went into hunting mode his brain turned off. Also, utterly fearless - once jumped up to bite a German Shepherd who dared to come onto our front porch.

• Love 5

JJ has a thing for student loans, doesn't she?  Plaintiff is 18 and attending community college.  Her boyfriend (didn't say his age) works part-time at Kohl's (probably in the stock room).  Thanks to student loans and a relative who let them live rent-free for awhile, they managed to save almost $3K so they could move into a room in defendant's condo.

Since there was no question that they paid the landlord, why did JJ make such a big deal about it? 

Paying $950 for a room is mind-boggling to me.  My parents paid $3K for their first house. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

JJ has a thing for student loans, doesn't she?

Because she feels ANY monies not earned from a job is her and Byrd's money!!  I had taken a break from the show.  Thought I was ready to come back.  No, I need a longer break.

• Love 7

Mr.Dejong, "meandering" playboy who bears a striking resemblance to Boris Karloff's Monster, may not know how to speak English properly ("Ah grabbed me a handful of rocks"... "She drug me all around") but he knows about spoofing and Google apps, oh, and Daisy Dukes. Maybe there's a Google app to teach him that the past tense of "drag" is not "drug"?

I do believe def drug him all around, judging by the size of those arms she deliberately chose to put on display here. Yeah, when my boyfriend pelted my car with rocks and "busted out" the windows, I continued to see him afterwards, even though I knew he was much in demand by a lot of other women and I couldn't hope to keep his affections. I guess men are an endangered species in Arkansas.

• Love 4

Sigh...no Judge Judy for me Yesterday or today and probably not tomorrow thanks to our 3rd snow storm in 10 days. The local news channels keep breaking in to tell me (get this...) IT’S SNOWING! So that’s what all the cold wet white stuff piling up on my deck and lawn and car is!  The weather guys are wetting themselves in excitement, reporting all the facts about snow. Important things like snow is wet and slippery. BTW, I am in New England where we typically can expect snow between November and March every year.  Yet every year,  we have to be reminded how to drive and dress in this meteorological mystery material falling from the sky.

So, I will depend on all of you to fill me in on the parade of plaintiffs this week!

• Love 15

I think we're having the same snowstorm, BusyOctober.  Buckle down, they're predicting another one next week.  Our satellite reception finally gave out just as Jeopardy! was starting (thanks, YouTube, once again), but I did watch the JJ rerun of the mother/daughter grifter team.  I'm refraining from saying something mean about the daughter's nose.  Bless her for her unwarranted self-confidence.

I thought the female half of the security-deposit case--the one with the speed-jittery landlord--was very well-spoken, and shame on Judy for how she treated her.  The sum in question wasn't exactly astronomical.  You can save up less than  $3,000 by living rent-free for a few months.  Maybe she should've grilled the guy instead, as to why he was only working part-time.  But they weren't on Section 8 or food stamps, as far as we know, so what the hell was her issue with that girl?  Did she think they were robbing banks or selling black-market babies?  She really does get a mood on her sometimes.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I thought the female half of the security-deposit case--the one with the speed-jittery landlord--was very well-spoken, and shame on Judy for how she treated her.  The sum in question wasn't exactly astronomical.  You can save up less than  $3,000 by living rent-free for a few months.  Maybe she should've grilled the guy instead, as to why he was only working part-time.  But they weren't on Section 8 or food stamps, as far as we know, so what the hell was her issue with that girl?  Did she think they were robbing banks or selling black-market babies?  She really does get a mood on her sometimes.

Totally agree. I didn't get any grifter vibe from the girl. Yes, she was taking advantage of various grants and financial assistance programs - but sounded to me like she was actually using those programs for the purpose they are meant to be used. As a California resident, she can go to a community college pretty cheaply. Google tells me around $550 per semester for full time student - among the lowest cost in the nation. BTW, I'm not nearly as quick as JJ to discount bf's contribution. Kid has a job - may be part time, but at least he's not sitting at home playing video games.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Mr.Dejong, "meandering" playboy who bears a striking resemblance to Boris Karloff's Monster

Fashion by Acme Prison Linens. Because really, nothing says "I want to win my case" better than coming to court dressed-to-impress as Inmate #8798247.

8 hours ago, SRTouch said:

BTW, I'm not nearly as quick as JJ to discount bf's contribution. Kid has a job - may be part time, but at least he's not sitting at home playing video games.

I agree with this.  I worded things badly.  I can conjure up a lot of reasons he might only be able to work part-time.  One of which is that employers get out of paying benefits by having people work under the full-time threshold.  What I meant to say was that JJ was laser-focused on the young woman, almost to the complete exclusion of her male partner.  When I think about it, it seems to me that JJ is often hostile to women trying to get some level of higher education.  Kind of ironic coming from someone who's always talking about how many years she spent in college and law school.  She forgets that not everyone can "write a check" when college time rolls around.  My own parents had zero backup plan if I hadn't managed to cover tuition, etc., with scholarship money, but luckily for me they didn't need one.  I could easily have been that young woman.  Maybe Judy's parents would've offered to fund me, too.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

BTW, I am in New England where we typically can expect snow between November and March every year.  Yet every year,  we have to be reminded how to drive and dress in this meteorological mystery material falling from the sky.

Don't worry.  You haven't missed any really good cases but since you mention the ridiculous snow behavior,  I have to ask a question:

Do you have the "roving reporters" who get into a vehicle with a cameraman and drive around on snow and ice-covered roads just to report (firsthand!) that it's slick and treacherous?  This is a phenomenon that I've seen become popular here (Philly) in the past two years and it drives me crazy.  You'd think the stations would be legally  smarter than to send their reporters out in such bad conditions.  But, nope.  I don't know which  producer thought this would be a good idea but now every station seems to have followed suit.  Idiots.  Eventually one of said reporters will probably land on JJ suing their station for negligence.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Don't worry.  You haven't missed any really good cases but since you mention the ridiculous snow behavior,  I have to ask a question:

Do you have the "roving reporters" who get into a vehicle with a cameraman and drive around on snow and ice-covered roads just to report (firsthand!) that it's slick and treacherous?  This is a phenomenon that I've seen become popular here (Philly) in the past two years and it drives me crazy.  You'd think the stations would be legally  smarter than to send their reporters out in such bad conditions.  But, nope.  I don't know which  producer thought this would be a good idea but now every station seems to have followed suit.  Idiots.  Eventually one of said reporters will probably land on JJ suing their station for negligence.

I live about 3 hours NW of Philly, so I know what you're talking about.  Local channels do it too.

When I lived in Northeast Ohio, I learned quickly what a Lake Effect was, and why people owned 2 sets of cars (summer and winter).  There would always be some moron on Cleveland TV (my roommate was from the Cleveland burbs, and I would go to her house often for weekends) standing outside yammering on and on about road conditions, etc, fighting to stay standing up.  And that was the early 90's.

• Love 2

Here along the Gulf Coast we have the yahoos who stand outside in the Cat 4 hurricanes reporting that it's windy and raining outside, and that we should all stay in. Okay.  And while no icy-road-driving news reporters, we have those who drive in too-deep water, showing how it, too, is dangerous. And raining. I guess they are all so excited to have something to report other than local robberies and people who find bugs at restaurants.

How did I miss Mr. Prison Jumpsuit?!  I so enjoy exciting fashionistas on this show!  Cool red-streaked hair (wig?) this week was a nifty surprise.

• Love 5

Oh, yes!  We have reporters who take the news van to the most infamous towns/sites for flooding or high winds or unusually high tides.  They get pelted from waves while standing next to a sea wall, stand in flooded streets with hip waders (alternate camera shot: rowing down a flooded street in a canoe/kayak/raft), show us how windy it is by letting umbrellas turn inside out, pick up snow/slush to show us what the consistency is, plunge rulers into snow drifts to prove to us how much has fallen, do the snow -to - rain conversion, try to interview some random person struggling to get home or stop a jogger to ask "why???".  And of course at the end of their rants, they remind us to stay off the streets so the plows can do their jobs.

• Love 3
On 3/12/2018 at 6:49 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

THIS!  What was wrong with her??  I kept waiting for her to ask things like, "How long have you been in your house?" to the Plaintiff.  Why would his dog suddenly get a hankering to dig under the fence to get closer to seemingly aggressive dogs?  The Defendant was so new to the neighborhood that she hadn't even met her adjacent neighbor yet but it was SO improbable that HER animals breached the fence? JJ was way off-base with that one.  Glad the dog was ultimately ok.

Why?   Because new dogs moved in! The small dog  wants to investigate.  Dogs don't always back down from aggressive dogs, they see it as a challenge, no matter how big or small.  Plus it may not even have been aggressive territorial attack, just aggressive yet friendly play.  I am with JJ on this one.  If you have a small dog, you need to make sure it cannot squeeze through any fences or dig underneath anything.  

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

How did I miss Mr. Prison Jumpsuit?! 

He appeared on a a rerun case. He wasn't wearing a jumpsuit, but what I like to call a "yard outfit" -- a short-sleeve blue shirt with a long-sleeve cream-colored shirt underneath. Something I imagine prisoners wear while they're in "the yard." You know, while they're talking about shanking the guy in the next cell or having a hard-boiled egg eating competition.  

Do you have the "roving reporters" who get into a vehicle with a cameraman and drive around on snow and ice-covered roads just to report (firsthand!) that it's slick and treacherous?  This is a phenomenon that I've seen become popular here (Philly) in the past two years and it drives me crazy.

It's been going on in the NYC market longer.  In fact, the NYC affiliates probably invented it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sarcastico said:

It's been going on in the NYC market longer.  In fact, the NYC affiliates probably invented it.

We seldom get snow here in SW Oklahoma... nooooo what we get is endless loops of thunderstorm/tornado warnings.... Oh, no! There's a storm in xxxx moving east at 20mph (just so happens that xxxx is 90 miles away)... every 15 minutes for the next two hours we can expect updates lasting 5-10 minutes each.... Breaking news! Storm now approaching yyyy, so let's go over your storm preparedness plan...... along with dopler radar map showing get storm has moved 10 miles and is dying out.... but wait, here's another storm cell popping up over in xyxy county.... by the time a storm actually gets close everyone is ignoring the "updates" until a siren goes off and/or the roof is ripped off.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

We seldom get snow here in SW Oklahoma... nooooo what we get is endless loops of thunderstorm/tornado warnings.... Oh, no! There's a storm in xxxx moving east at 20mph (just so happens that xxxx is 90 miles away)... every 15 minutes for the next two hours we can expect updates lasting 5-10 minutes each.... Breaking news! Storm now approaching yyyy, so let's go over your storm preparedness plan...... along with dopler radar map showing get storm has moved 10 miles and is dying out.... but wait, here's another storm cell popping up over in xyxy county.... by the time a storm actually gets close everyone is ignoring the "updates" until a siren goes off and/or the roof is ripped off.

And it gets SO tiring.  Also panic-inducing to someone of my temperament.  I've finally gotten a good handle on the fear problem.

• Love 3

Today's show was a bonanza of animal abusers.  The husband and wife hunters sound like two ghouls, going by the hallterview.  They were reported by other hunters that they were killing animals and leaving them to rot on the man's property.  She said they ate what they killed; if you have to leave meat to rot, that may be a sign to slow down on the shooting.  

Then there's the defendant who has all kinds of dogs breeding all over the place - 35+ dogs.   Hopefully, he has a nice piece of property, otherwise it must be a real mess.  JJ sure believed he was running a mill and I like the stipulation she put on him to have that one dog neutered.   I believe the plaintiff that the guy wasn't taking the best care of the dogs that she saw on his premises.  Luckily, she got a dog that didn't have any health problems.  She should have reported his place to the local authorities - they may at least gotten him for hoarding.

• Love 10
29 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

And it gets SO tiring.  Also panic-inducing to someone of my temperament.  I've finally gotten a good handle on the fear problem.

Weather porn.  I'm guessing they've done focus groups that tell them enough people like to watch the field reporters get tossed around and drenched that it's worth pimping out storms 24/7.  Not to say that legitimate warnings aren't merited.  But they turn it into a real orgy, on the slightest pretext sometimes.

I'd like to see one reporter try to get up my driveway after this last snow dump.  It would be high comedy.

• Love 2

Im in So. California and unless Bill Cosby has slipped me a roofie in my drink and made me delirious and incoherent....is todays episode about harvesting animals, killing hogs and frog legs? Im OUT. Going to watch Bravo.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Im in So. California and unless Bill Cosby has slipped me a roofie in my drink and made me delirious and incoherent....is todays episode about harvesting animals, killing hogs and frog legs? Im OUT. Going to watch Bravo.

Yep, and a hoarder puppy mill. Definitely skip this sick episode.

The only eps I watched were "Nichole Wendland" and her goofball boyfriend, suing their obnoxious, goofball landlord (he actually rented them a room in his place). Nichole is 18 years old. I know young'uns are looking older all the time, but I stared at her in amazement that an 18 year old girl actually and totally looked and sounded no less than thirty. Yeah, they live in one room and she gets student money and goofball b/f works part-time at a menial job so they decided that was the ideal moment to get a dog. Just what they needed. Oh, gawd. Shut up, all of you idiots.

Azuca(?) the home healthcare worker was way older but no less irritating. She advertises on Care.com for work and contracts to care for def's father when their regular caretaker can't work, but Azuca's mom had to go the hospital and Azuca had to be there even though her sister was there but her sister (who lives with mom) had to work even though she took Monday off so both of them could take Mom back to the hospital and Azuca doesn't tell def Sat or Sun but calls def Mon. morning to tell her, "Too bad, so sad. I'm not coming. Suck it up. Family comes first." She's suing because def quite rightly gave her a review that said she's unprofessional because, duh, she is. "But, Judge Judy, Judge Judy....!" You shut up and go away too.

Edited by AngelaHunter
cuz plaintiff is not the same as defendant
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

Glad I left JJ before THAT came on

30 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

• Love 2