Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, jilliannatalia said:

I've lived for over thirty years, and this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone who bathed with a pet even once, much less on a regular basis. 

I've lived considerably longer, had many pets and dearly loved them all, but getting into the tub with my big dog never entered my mind. When I say they were batshit crazy/weird/ messed up, I meant it.

1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

I wonder how many of the giggly landlord's 156 properties were Section 8.

Maybe not too many, since Sec8 tenants are not let to live with any accomodations that are less than perfect. Funny, my mother always told me, "Beggars can't be choosers." I guess she was wrong.

59 minutes ago, jilliannatalia said:

My husband's mother has always spoiled and indulged him to some degree.

I always wanted someone to spoil and indulge me. Hasn't happened. *sigh*

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I always wanted someone to spoil and indulge me. Hasn't happened. *sigh*

I was at death's door once, and immediately afterwards I was somewhat spoiled and indulged.  Alas, it did not last.  (For the record, I have no complaints whatsoever about the illness going away, but I was beginning to enjoy the perks.)  Where my husband is concerned, I suspect that as long as his mom is on the planet and sound of mind (perhaps she's never been sound of mind, which is perhaps why she keeps on giving), I suspect my husband will have "favored child" status as the youngest of six and will be on the receiving end of good things for many years to come.

"Beggars can't be choosers" was one of my mother's favorite sayings, too. It applied to every conceivable thing or circumstance, from what we were having for dinner to the temperature of the water in my shower after my brothers had used up all the hot water.

Edited by jilliannatalia
omission
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I've lived considerably longer, had many pets and dearly loved them all, but getting into the tub with my big dog never entered my mind. When I say they were batshit crazy/weird/ messed up, I meant it.

A neighbor who had male German shepherds told me that she -- um -- how can I say this -- heck, better spoiler it

Spoiler

she masturbated her dogs, said it was to control them if they sniffed a female in heat.  (Bet you thought it was gonna be worse, didn't ya?) 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

A neighbor who had male German shepherds told me that she -- um -- how can I say this -- heck, better spoiler it

Reveal hidden contents

she masturbated her dogs, said it was to control them if they sniffed a female in heat.  (Bet you thought it was gonna be worse, didn't ya?) 

That's about as bad as anything I could have imagined short of full-blown coitus between your nutcase neighbor and her German shepherds.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Okay, that's it. I need to get off this planet ASAP. I think the worst part is that she wanted to relate this fucked-up perversion and abuse of innocent animals and TOLD YOU THIS. Help.

• Love 11

Does no one care about goofy Ms.Salazar and her little muppet lover boy, Agustin - half her height and twice her age? Agustin the oft-laid-off tree trimmer must have some well-hidden yet irrisistable charms or Ms. Salazar needs a brain transplant. This would have been just rather amusing, except that Ms.Salazar, who loved to shower money on said muppet who needs a gleaming smile and who assaulted her (I expected her to have bruises on her knees), has a baby. Well, of course she does. Single motherhood is so de rigeur. Gotta be fashionable.

Edited by AngelaHunter
Need to wait longer after wine to post.
  • Love 6

Re dressmaker Nichole: her episode was a rerun, I remembered her purple outfit. Why did the daughter say the dress was fine and take it home, but then  her mom was the one who had a fit because it was not the dress they wanted?

What ever happened to "you get what you get and you don't get upset"? These moms that didn't get the full prom experience in their youth are reliving the "perfect prom" with their hootchie daughters. Who ever gives their kids exactly what they want? And then when the kids grow up and get a big old NOOOOOOO!!! from their professors or bosses, it's a whiny fest. (and get the HELL off my lawn, ya whippersnappers).

That certainly was the REAL Grey Gardens lol! I saw the dramatization with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange first and thought "man, this is so far out there". Then I saw the actual documentary and couldn't stop laughing. My daughter and I reference that movie at least once a week. 

I haven't ever bathed with any of my dogs (I have pugs) but I have stuck my bare legs in the tub in order to trap them so they don't escape. Kinda like a wrestling headlock. Now I finally got wise and take the pug to the groomer where they get to wrestle with her. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Who ever gives their kids exactly what they want? And then when the kids grow up and get a big old NOOOOOOO!!! from their professors or bosses, it's a whiny fest.

I was saying that to someone awhile back. These kids grow up getting everything they want, never being called to account for their actions,  in a world where everything is child-proofed and padded and they have no idea anything can hurt them and where even hulking 17 year olds expect all traffic to come to a dead stop when they step off a bus. Boy, are they in for a rude shock when they enter The Real World, where no gives a shit how they feel and they better learn to look both ways when they cross the street.

• Love 9

I saw an episode today that I assume was a repeat but I hadn't seen the case before. One case was so boring that I cannot recall anything about it. The other case involved a tenant who accused the landlord [landlady, more precisely], who was a vice president at a credit union and invited the tenant to join the credit union by which she was employed. the tenant said that the landlady / credit union VP called her and wanted to know how she planned to pay her rent shortly because she had  just made a car payment and had apparently depleted her account.  When asked [by the tenant[ if she accessed the tenant's information, she allegedly replied, "I can access anyone's information. I'm the vice-president!" When asked about it by JJ,  the landlady denied accessing the account or having the conversation. JJ chose not to believe her. She felt that the alleged conversation was beyond the tenant/defendant's ability to fabricate.  One can never know for certain, but I suspect she was correct on this. JJ has remarkable instincts about such things.

My brother-in-law works at a financial institution. No one at his institution can look up anyone's account information without leaving evidence that information was accessed and by whom.  Anyone who accesses anyone's account when it's not necessary to help  a customer or to process a transaction  risks being caught in random scrutiny and is fired. Isn't this the normal practice, where the employee is formally reprimanded at the very least? I can understand that if the landlady was a VP, she wasn't necessarily closely monitored, but once she was accused, unless it had happened ridiculously long before the original airing of the show took place, wouldn't a supervisor be able to see that she had accessed the account?

I didn't like the landlady/VP.  She was smug and gave me a bad vibe. I hope she was fired.

• Love 8
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, yes - the Ladies Auxiliary. I think we were surprised at the use of the word "slut" from those busybody biddies, and expected them to say "harlot" or "hussy." 

The Ladies Auxiliary, bless their hearts.

The generational thing can be a real eye opener. When I was a CNA I was stunned by how many ladies in their 70s/80s/90s used the word "pussy." Like, "Are you here to check my pussy?" "Did you come to clean my pussy?" (Admittedly, some had dementia.) And, really, the only correct answer is "Yes, Ma'am."

"Well, get on with it then," or even better, "Well, get to it." LMAO

Edited by suomi
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

My brother-in-law works at a financial institution. No one at his institution can look up anyone's account information without leaving evidence that information was accessed and by whom.  Anyone who accesses anyone's account when it's not necessary to help  a customer or to process a transaction  risks being caught in random scrutiny and is fired. Isn't this the normal practice, where the employee is formally reprimanded at the very least?

I used to work for a utility company.  When I first started, the customer service/billing portion of the computer system did not have the capability of tracking every time someone even looked at the account.  But when they upgraded the software, it did.  So it could go either way in yesterday's case.  But if the VP's credit union had that ability, she would have known about it, and was extremely stupid to have monitored the defendant's account for the VP's own personal reasons.  She did come off as smug and self-righteous with a "no one would believe HER over ME" attitude.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, suomi said:

When I was a CNA I was stunned by how many ladies in their 70s/80s/90s used the word "pussy."

That brings back a memory I thought lost in the mists of time. My friend's granny lived with her family, back in the days when doctors made housecalls. Granny was about 90 then, orginally from England. The doctor (whose name was Menard and who Granny mistakenly and hilariously called LaMarde which in English means 'shit') would enter her room and she'd instantly start shrieking, "Don't let Dr. LaMarde look at my pussy!" Of course, Granny Bunn said a lot of off-colour stuff, e.g. "Lucky as a dog with two cocks, i'n't he?" and "Shove it up while you're young." Fun times.

11 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

I didn't like the landlady/VP.  She was smug and gave me a bad vibe. I hope she was fired.

I didn't watch but remember that one. Pretty outrageous.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I haven't ever bathed with any of my dogs (I have pugs) but I have stuck my bare legs in the tub in order to trap them so they don't escape. Kinda like a wrestling headlock. Now I finally got wise and take the pug to the groomer where they get to wrestle with her. 

I’ll fully admit to showering with our English Springer Spaniel when it’s mud season and he comes in covered in sand and sludge.  We have a huge two-person shower with multiple shower heads so I can take one down and hose him off.  Then I open the door and pass him off to my husband to dry while I clean myself up.  I threw my back out when I tried bathing him in the tub - too much bending and stretching.

However, I would NOT be soaking in that doggie water.  Eww.

Edited by ButYourHonor
  • Love 5

A long time ago I had an eccentric coworker. So eccentric that after she was let go, they changed the locks on the door. But she bathed with her cat Roosevelt. He probably wouldn't get away with it these days, but back then, our department head said, "wow, that's a lot of pussy in that bathtub!" Imagine my shock when two years later I learned that eccentric coworker had a baby. Yep, fathered by the same department head! They were doing the horizontal hustle all along! 

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ButYourHonor said:

I’ll fully admit to showering with our English Springer Spaniel when it’s mud season and he comes in covered in sand and sludge.  We have a huge two-person shower with multiple shower heads so I can take one down and hose him off.  Then I open the door and pass him off to my husband to dry while I clean myself up.  

That sounds considerably different than bathing in the tub with the pooch, as does the experience of the poster who steps into the water to trap the dog with her legs. dogs aren't always cooperative about being bathed.

If the day ever comes that water is so scarce as to not leave enough for both the dog and me, the dog may have to skip her bath. I suppose she could use my water after i bathe, but I'm not even thrilled about that.

Edited by jilliannatalia
omission
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

That sounds considerably different than bathing in the tub with the pooch, as does the experience of the poster who steps into the water to trap the dog with her legs.

WAY different. The crazy old bat and her zany, middle-aged daughter were slightly hysterical, always ambushing me when I entered and shrieking gleefully when daughter informed my friend and me about her bathing habits with this big, unruly dog and how he loooooves getting into the tub with her. On the way up to my apartment, my friend and I were silent and then she said, "Umm... so do you like living here?" Between that, the drunken asshole downstairs and having to catch extremely papery, elderly ladies - who all seemed to be in their late 90s or early 100s- when they toppled down the stairs, I lasted there for two years. The elderly ladies were lovely but one of them asked me into her apt. to get something from a shelf for her and her place, well - see below. Sad, sad it was.

javisham.jpg

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

That sounds considerably different than bathing in the tub with the pooch, as does the experience of the poster who steps into the water to trap the dog with her legs. dogs aren't always cooperative about being bathed.

Haha that's me! One dog was cooperative but one other would escape and run all over the house shaking water and eventually would only be caught when she stopped to poop (apparently the excitement of the escape got her bowels moving).

Angela Hunter, is that a real picture of your aforementioned old ladies? It looks like Grey Gardens met up with the Queen of Versailles. Somewhere there's a hunchback missing his bell tower.  

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Haha that's me! One dog was cooperative but one other would escape and run all over the house shaking water and eventually would only be caught when she stopped to poop (apparently the excitement of the escape got her bowels moving).

Angela Hunter, is that a real picture of your aforementioned old ladies? It looks like Grey Gardens met up with the Queen of Versailles. Somewhere there's a hunchback missing his bell tower.  

I'm not Angela Hunter, but that looks to me like Miss Haversham, from Dickens' "Great Expectations."  I love the grey Gardens post as I just saw the movie yesterday. I've known about it, and heard pop culture references for many years, now I have actually seen the whole thing!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Angela Hunter, is that a real picture of your aforementioned old ladies? It looks like Grey Gardens met up with the Queen of Versailles.

Yes, it's Miss Havisham, as NYCFree mentioned, and sadly accurate - maybe with a few less cobwebs - of my dear elderly neighbours

2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

I love the grey Gardens post

I caught that by accident in a very bad period of my life and ended up watching all of it, in a befuddled daze. I hope never to see it again. Okay, now can I get someone to pay my mortgage and car and other bills for me? Byrd, you won't mind, right?

Sorry, I'm quite drunk. I just had dinner guests and amazingly no one took anyone to the floor, became to tussling or called the police!

• Love 9
14 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just had dinner guests and amazingly no one took anyone to the floor, became to tussling or called the police!

Dammit!  Another boring night at Angela's......

<3

• Love 7
15 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Sorry, I'm quite drunk. I just had dinner guests and amazingly no one took anyone to the floor, became to tussling or called the police!

I don't know how you expect to make any extra money hanging out with well-behaved members of polite society.

You need to make sure you haven't had anything to drink and your UA will come out clean, then head to the local bar for a night out to celebrate a friend's birthday.  Make sure you're the designated driver, so of course you won't be drinking anything stronger than a soda.  'Accidentally' step on the toe of the nearest belligerent drunk, loudly exclaim "Excuse me" while muttering under your breath imprecations against his mother, his well-known lack of ability in bed, suggest his kid isn't his, threaten to key his ride, and shoot his dog.  Then look shocked and innocent when he takes a swing at you.

Go to the ER and claim to have some slight vision and memory problems.  Make sure to file a police report, and have witnesses who can testify on your behalf.  When the drunk sobers up, suggest that a quick trip to one of the many court tv shows will allow him to say his peace and get his debt paid if he should lose, and you're all set.  In the meantime, decide that the punch has caused some problems with your neck and spine, and find a chiropractor to give you a few adjustments.  Save all records and receipts.

Once on set, make sure you and your witnesses are properly dressed.  Have your police report, medical records, and reciepts ready.  Also, any text messages between yourself and the defendant should be saved on the phone you used to send and recieve said texts.  A printout is nice, but nothing looks more legit than having the original equipment in hand on court day.

While waiting outside, give the defendant dirty looks but refuse to otherwise engage.  Once in the courtroom, be the perfect plaintiff.  Don't say too much, interrupt, or giggle.  Don't drink the water or try to schmooze the judge.  Count on the defendant to sink his own case.

Depending on how hard and how many times you got hit, you should easily get at least $1500, more if you lost any teeth.  Of course you'll get your medical bills paid, and possibly time off work if a doctor is willing to put it in writing.  That depends on when you're next scheduled to work and how well you present as having a concussion. 

Have I missed anything?

Anyway, have a nice trip!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Another boring night at Angela's......

Sigh. I know. None of us even have warrants or restraining orders out on us. My brother didn't spit in my face, strangle me, steal my car and wreck it, or smack me upside the head with a stick of firewood, so I had no excuse to go outside and bust out all his car windows with a baseball bat while yelling, "Dude, you're so hit!"

55 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Have I missed anything?

Nope. I think that pretty much covers it. Heh!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I caught that by accident in a very bad period of my life and ended up watching all of it, in a befuddled daze. I hope never to see it again.

If you ever go through another negative phase, be advised that you have further viewing enjoyment available since the makers of that movie had so much material that they were able to put together a second documentary, called The Beales of Grey Gardens, which elaborated, added, explained and updated some of the material seen in the first film. There is a combined Criterion edition of the two documentaries. Depressingly fascinating viewing.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 5

i just caught the case of the mature-looking-but-not-mature-acting chronic runaway  who, according to a preponderance of evidence, keyed her former boyfriend's current girlfriend's car.   I really wished JJ had been a real judge and could have locked up the young thug. I felt sorry for her mother, though as often as not, situations like hers start out with a parent supporting his or her lying child when school personnel present eyewitness accounts of the soon-to-be thug's misdeeds. There's no way of knowing for certain if such happened in this case. Regardless, from the hubris she displayed in court to the further evidence of thuggishness shown in the hall interview, the citizens of whatever state she inhabits may be supporting her incarceration sooner rather than later.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, jilliannatalia said:

i just caught the case of the mature-looking-but-not-mature-acting chronic runaway  who, according to a preponderance of evidence, keyed her former boyfriend's current girlfriend's car.   I really wished JJ had been a real judge and could have locked up the young thug. I felt sorry for her mother, though as often as not, situations like hers start out with a parent supporting his or her lying child when school personnel present eyewitness accounts of the soon-to-be thug's misdeeds. There's no way of knowing for certain if such happened in this case. Regardless, from the hubris she displayed in court to the further evidence of thuggishness shown in the hall interview, the citizens of whatever state she inhabits may be supporting her incarceration sooner rather than later.

The best part is listening to these wenches explain how there's seven people or something living in the same house, but none of them have jobs or go to school, and the boyfriend's dad was in prison but now is out and is 'sometimes' around. Nice family.

"I have a question. You said you get paid whether you lecture me or not, so why did you choose to?"

Byrd should knock her out.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

The best part is listening to these wenches explain how there's seven people or something living in the same house, but none of them have jobs or go to school, and the boyfriend's dad was in prison but now is out and is 'sometimes' around. Nice family.

But he does his best to be around when his ass isn't in the slammer, doesn't he? Give credit where credit it due! I'm sure between periods of incarceration he's a fine example of manhood to the fruit of his loins. *Disclaimer* I haven't even watched this, but now feel no need to do so.

6 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

If you ever go through another negative phase, be advised that you have further viewing enjoyment available since the makers of that movie had so much material that they were able to put together a second documentary, called The Beales of Grey Gardens, which elaborated, added, explained and updated some of the material seen in the first film.

Good lord. I'll pass. I can only get so depressed. I just happened on the first one by accident, but was left feeling my life wasn't so bad after all, which is a gift I get from JJ every day.

• Love 2

I thought the man who was supporting the house of "lost boys" as JJ called them, was a truck driver, and that's why he wasn't often home.  How else could someone support 7 other adults and teens that don't work?  Certainly not by checking in and out of the county jail.  Did I miss something?

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

"I have a question. You said you get paid whether you lecture me or not, so why did you choose to?"

I swear to God, I want to pull her face off!  "Why do I CHOOSE to?"  Because I CAN!  Because I LIKE it!  Who wouldn't like putting a smackdown on that arrogant little girl!

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I swear to God, I want to pull her face off!  "Why do I CHOOSE to?"  Because I CAN!  Because I LIKE it!  Who wouldn't like putting a smackdown on that arrogant little girl!

I remember that rerun and thinking, "why doesn't Byrd grab her by the hair and drag her scrawny ass out of there."

• Love 9
3 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

She was a horrid beast. I felt sorry for her mom, as well. When she was rattling off everything she's done and tried to do for her nasty, future inmate daughter, I wanted to give her a hug. Best thing she could do would be to go the emancipation route like JJ suggested. Next time her spawn decides to go thug on someone, it could wind up costing mom tens of thousands of dollars or even much more. 

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

I remember that rerun and thinking, "why doesn't Byrd grab her by the hair and drag her scrawny ass out of there."

... and give her a major spanking. They could put it on Pay-per-View" and I'd pay! Give us an hour of Byrd whupping nasty litigant ass!

Those were some rough, rachet, janky-assed teenaged girls but I was glad to see the false eyelashes were not neglected in all the furor. Even Mom was sporting some epic ones.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

It's unfortunate that this question came from such an off-putting grating little brat, because it is a very relevant one.

It would have been nice to see JJ give an honest answer, perhaps. Something along the lines of: "it give me an opportunity to bully and berate someone, something I love to do; plus it makes for good TV".

But thanks to the personality of the person asking, JJ had an opening to easily escape addressing the substance of the question.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Florinaldo said:

It's unfortunate that this question came from such an off-putting grating little brat, because it is a very relevant one.

I stand by my opinion that Byrd should have knocked her the fuck out, or at least escorted her from the room. As imperious/elitist/whatever JJ is, Makayla's clearly on a bad road, and that she had such a nasty attitude with her mother standing right next to her says that Mom has given up hope of fixing the problem. Outside of a prison, that is.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

Something along the lines of: "it give me an opportunity to bully and berate someone, something I love to do; plus it makes for good TV".

I didn't hear berating and bullying. I just heard her trying to get through to this girl before it's too late, telling her she seemed not unintelligent, she can choose a better path for her life and be successful. She's only 16 and there's time for her, so I think JJ may have felt it could be worth the effort to give her the facts in plain words before she ends up in prison and/or a perma-welfare recipient with a bunch of kids from various losers. Of course it was a waste of time.

• Love 12
36 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I didn't hear berating and bullying. I just heard her trying to get through to this girl before it's too late, telling her she seemed not unintelligent, she can choose a better path for her life and be successful. She's only 16 and there's time for her, so I think JJ may have felt it could be worth the effort to give her the facts in plain words before she ends up in prison and/or a perma-welfare recipient with a bunch of kids from various losers. Of course it was a waste of time.

I agree, JJ wasn't bullying her, she was trying to get across to her that the path she is on will only lead to more problems, the kind that put you in front of judge that sentences you to hard time. Unfortunately I think it fell on deaf ears, she just had a blank stare as if she was already plotting her vengeance on BrighTON and the Plantiff with the heavy lashes. I also didn't feel much sympathy for the Single Mom of Makayla either, I have a feeling that she has excused, defended, or ignored her daughter's behavior for many years before it became felonious and now she is reaping what she sowed. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

... and give her a major spanking.

I would go along with this suggetion, as long as Byrd is made into an equal opportunity spanker.

That is also spanking JJ each time she displays her bullying, berating, elitism, disconnection from real life, arrogance, retrograde views and abritrariness. With the attendant pay bonus of course. Which means Byrd could make a rather nice sum of extra cash considering the regularity with which JJ displays those endearing character traits.

Of course, he would probably develop some repetitive strain injury, which means he would qualify for worker's compensation and perhaps even disability.   ;-)

31 minutes ago, GoodieGirl said:

JJ wasn't bullying her, she was trying to get across to her

JJ's means of getting a point across is by bullying and berating.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2018 at 8:04 AM, GoodieGirl said:

I have a feeling that she has excused, defended, or ignored her daughter's behavior for many years before it became felonious and now she is reaping what she sowed. 

Exactly! While I did feel the slightest smidgen of sympathy for the mother because she looked so thoroughly beaten by the events  that had unfolded,  odds are heavily weighted in favor of  the premise that the girl had issues long before the mother tried to effectively deal with them. If a kid learns that she can play one authority figure against another, no matter how staunchly the parent advocates for the child in such situations, eventually the kid turns on the parent.  Unless there's at least the slightest evidence  against an authority figure, a parent would do well to stand with the teacher, administrator, or whomever else  comes into play in such situations.

Edited by jilliannatalia
syntax and spelling
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

Unless there's at least the slightest evidence  against an authority figure, a parent would do well to stand with the teacher, administrator, or whomever else  comes into play in such situations.

As soon as mom said "I'm a single mother so...." I knew she'd done very little to reel in Little Miss Car-Keyer. I have a feeling she didn't put as much effort into raising her daughter as she did to her eye make-up.

• Love 9

Oh MY.  The slovenly defendant with her 8 yr old hooligan daughter.  Said daughter draws on the walls and on the blinds and also ON THE CEILING.  But daughter 'gets put on punishment every time".  HUH?  Beatings are in order.  So not only drawings on the walls, but holes in the walls and infestations of mice, bedbugs and roaches.  Marvelous!  UGH.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, GoodieGirl said:

As soon as mom said "I'm a single mother so...."

Yes, on these shows that's usually code for "I am therefore entitled to be supported to the hilt by society and I don't have to take responsibility for anything, be it loan agreements, leases I signed, any kinds of debt or my children's rearing and resulting behaviour".

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

The slovenly defendant with her 8 yr old hooligan daughter. 

What the... ?? OMG. Tosiana, you really rented to this person, thinking she would be a responsible tenant, when she sounded and looked as though she were from an old-timey sideshow? She can't talk, can't prevent her unfortunate offspring from trashing the house, can't live like a human being but she knows how to get knocked up. Did you get a load of her mom? Did you see the disaster she left behind? what the hell was with the cabinets?? I don't think I could make that much mess even if I tried really hard.  Place looked like wild animals had been captured and imprisoned there. Sainted Single Mother, I guess.

Heyung "John" Hu (sorry I've forgotten his name already)wearing his Halloween outfit, and his dragon smother-mommy were just plain weird. What grown guy has his mommy come to college with him and sleep on a mattress in his room? "No, my father didn't go anywhere on a plane, and not to Shanghai. Oh, well - yes, he did. But believe everything else I say after that blatant, silly lie."  Defendant wanted to go into the real estate business with mommy? Like, what?

Other than that fiasco, I want to know where you can buy a house for 13K.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I found a 3 bedroom 2 bath 2000 SF house with central heat and air for 19,000 in my area.  Fixer-upper but, still.

RE: Rainbow Brite and his Mommy.  Berkeley allows your MOM to sleep in your room???

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Quof said:

Cleveland.

Wild. Checked. Didn't see any for 13K but found a lovely craftsman for 35K for which I'd glad spend 75+K to turn it into a model home. I'm moving to Cleveland, but I'm not renting to Summer and her brood.

3 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

RE: Rainbow Brite and his Mommy.  Berkeley allows your MOM to sleep in your room???

Rainbow Brite (Heh!) made me think of a song my mother used to sing to us, "He's a young thing and cannot leave his mother."

• Love 9

I didn't understand the mom who moved in to her kid's college rental. Makes no sense. I would love to know the backstory. I was watching and Mr. Poetic Jr (my 20 year old) walked in. I told him that I was thinking that when we move him into his dorm this fall, I thought I might move in with him. He looked at me like I had two heads.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I was watching and Mr. Poetic Jr (my 20 year old) walked in. I told him that I was thinking that when we move him into his dorm this fall, I thought I might move in with him. He looked at me like I had two heads.

Okay, this has me laughing like a loon. What's his problem? Doesn't want Mummy bunking on a mattress on the floor with him every night? You could push the mattress against the door to make sure he doesn't sneak out after lights-out, like some wonky watchdog.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Doesn't want Mummy bunking on a mattress on the floor with him every night?

Good Lord! This is one of the weirdest cases I have seen. I lived at home with my mother for undergraduate school, the only way to afford a good school (not quite ivy league) but I was so anxious to get beyond this that I can't understand this guy and his mother.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

A number of areas near to where I live.  You can get nice houses for that if you don't mind having to drive an hour to work, because there are no jobs there, and you're limited in services (stores, restaurants, etc) because they've all packed up and left due to the economy.  And yes, Cleveland too.  Lots of foreclosures, and the south suburbs were hit particularly hard.  We bought an older Mobile Home in a very nice park for $13,500.

• Love 6

The whole Mommy & Me case was so whack-a doo.  I really wanted to hear more about this dynamic!  Mommy moves kid to college & decides to stay on as care taker? It sounds like John-John was living off campus in a rented room vs. any housing associated with the school.  I could kinda get it if he were in an apartment or even a loft space on his own, and Crowding Dragon - Flying Helicopter Tiger Mom stayed a few weeks to get him settled. But they were jammed into one room in a house filled with other renters???  And I really wanted to hear more about the "desk" she set up for herself in the front of the house!  Was she playing concierge? Or hotel detective?  I need to know what the F is UP, people!  And she's so over-protective and pervasive in her kid's life, that she sleeps at the foot of his bed like an old fashioned amah, but Sonny Boy is allowed to dye his hair magenta on Mommy's watch?  This clan needs its own reality show.

I was so grossed out by the description of the condition of that poor lady's house after Ms. Mumbles and her Tasmanian Devil spawn destroyed it.  She sounded so proud when she said she always gave "punishments" for the 8 yo's bad behavior.  Well, genius, I'd venture a guess that it didn't work since she kept up the bad behavior.  It's a good thing I had CC'g on or else I wouldn't have understood what nonsense that woman was mush-mouthing!  And then her mother was just as intelligible! I fear for the teachers and students at the school where Ms. Mumbles' kids attend.  

• Love 16