Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Did we need the waste of time and space given to the rerun of  mature adults, Shafonta and Ceyide of MN, who don't understand that once they sell something to someone else - the mechanic Mr. Lofton in this case - that they have no more to say about what is done with the item, namely an old beat-up, rusted and "irreparable" Impala. I know she was emotionally attached to the hunk of junk,  feels she was "frauded" and that the deal was a "switch and bait"(which I guess is a reverse bait and switch) but guess what? Some mechanic is not going to dedicate himself to ensuring your well-being, Shafonta.  JJ was incredibly patient with this bullshit and I have no idea why.

I tuned back in for the last part of this one. I kept wanting to correct Mr. Announcer every time he said "Shafonta claims Mr. Lofton DEFRAUDED her."  No, sorry, she claimed, as you noted, AH, that he "frauded her."   Kind of like the "fox locks" maybe she just used the wrong word, but I still laughed.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Did we need the waste of time and space given to the rerun of  mature adults, Shafonta and Ceyide of MN, who don't understand that once they sell something to someone else - the mechanic Mr. Lofton in this case - that they have no more to say about what is done with the item, namely an old beat-up, rusted and "irreparable" Impala. I know she was emotionally attached to the hunk of junk,  feels she was "frauded" and that the deal was a "switch and bait"(which I guess is a reverse bait and switch) but guess what? Some mechanic is not going to dedicate himself to ensuring your well-being, Shafonta.  JJ was incredibly patient with this bullshit and I have no idea why.

My attention was barely held by any cases I saw today. My husband came home early because he had jury duty and finished early. he caught the hall interview for this case. Once again, a litigant used the immortal "Is it what it is" line. My husband thinks there should be a drinking game involving hallterview "It is what it is" utterances.  Because hallterviews happen only twice per half hour, perhaps two or shots should be downed whenever the sentence is spoken.  

My three-year-old son told his father not to get so excited because "It is what it is" is just something that people on the show say when they don't know what else to say, like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Edited by jilliannatalia
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, jilliannatalia said:

My husband thinks there should be a drinking game involving hallterview "It is what it is" utterances. 

I get two hours of JJ every day. If I tried the drinking game I'd be unconscious by 6 o'clock. Imagine if we added. "Never trust men/women/mechanics/anyone" whatever? We'd all be in rehab.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I get two hours of JJ every day. If I tried the drinking game I'd be unconscious by 6 o'clock. Imagine if we added. "Never trust men/women/mechanics/anyone" whatever? We'd all be in rehab.

Anyone watching should probably down an entire bottle of wine anytime a litigant claimed to be uninsured  on just the day the accident resulting in litigation happened, and two bottles if the driver was on the way to the insurance company with check in hand when the accident occurred.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

two bottles if the driver was on the way to the insurance company with check cash in hand when the accident occurred.

There. Fixed it. Our litigants always go off with a fistful of cash to pay their bills (when they pay them, that is) even utillty bills and rent. They don't have bank accounts. They "just don't".

To the insurance portion of the drinking game, we need to imbibe every time someone says they were "working on getting" insurance. Alcoholism, here I come.:(

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

There. Fixed it. Our litigants always go off with a fistful of cash to pay their bills (when they pay them, that is) even utillty bills and rent. They don't have bank accounts. They "just don't".

To the insurance portion of the drinking game, we need to imbibe every time someone says they were "working on getting" insurance. Alcoholism, here I come.:(

So, so true! And there's nothing wrong with paying with stacks of cash, just GET A RECEIPT!!!

• Love 3

OH, god, you litigants, stahp it. I can't take it. So the terminally desperate and pitiful Charissa (and her mom, with whom she lives, I guess) decided that the homely, shrimpy, snaggle-toothed dumbass Vincent with the incredibly short arms has something about him that is so overwhelmingly compelling they let him move in with them and all he has to pay for are cigarettes and some food? Say it ain't so! But that's not all, folks! One of Vince's snaggle teeth really hurts and he complains to the pathetic Charissa about it, even though he's accustomed to "working through" the pain of his rotten chompers like the Real Man he is. So Charissa and her mom have a conference in which they decide to front the 800$ to "Tender"(Gentle?)-something or other dentist for the charming Vincent, and seemed to think he would repay them. I had to stop here. I was laughing so hard I thought I'd hurt myself. Vince, you hunk o' burning love, you delectable Man Meat you - trying to talk without opening your mouth to reveal the missing front toofies just isn't working for you. Sorry. I did enjoy watching the sign language.

• Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I also enjoyed Sonny Cropper, who kept looking off to the side while answering JJ's questions like he was read from a cue card.

I'm just watching that episode now and being reminded of only one of many many reasons I'd never appear before JJ.  I'm an extremely predominant auditory style learner.  Typical of someone with this learning style, when asked to answer a question involving something I have to remember, my eyes always look directly sideways toward one of my ears.  (Typical visual learners will look up, and typical kinesthetic learners will look down.)  If I had an interrogator yelling at me every time I looked sideways, rather than directly into their eyes, when I was trying to recall/recount an event, I would be rendered nearly speechless.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

My brother has a brother-in-law who is a complete know-it-all.  the closest thing he has to back up any knowledge he has about health in general is that he was enrolled in (but did not complete) a paramedical course.  He says that how much a person drinks  does not matter in terms of long-term health effects, addiction, or anything else. As long as a person drinks "good" booze, as in the pricy stuff, it will not harm the person in any way. (The guy is only in his early forties and is already of yellow hue, so I'm not sure how much longer he's going to be on this planet making his wise proclamations.)

According to my brother's skull-fractured in-law, in drinking profusely we will not be harming anything except our respective personal finances as long as we drink the stuff that's so expensive we need to take out second mortgages on our homes in order to pay for it.

• Love 3

Well, the case of Charissa and Vincent got even worse, or better depending on POV. Vincent wasn't dating Charissa! True he was living in her momma's house with her and sleeping in Charissa's bed every night, but that doesn't mean they were in a relationship, right? So after Charissa's mom paid to have his yucky tooth fixed, Vincent figured he was ready to find another incredibly needy woman and so he did! Charissa is just jealous. JJ at the end, "From looking at Mr. Taylor I'd say he has a lot of missing teeth. He should have brushed harder when he was a kid." That made me so happy. My suggestion is that Charissa might want to get a job, or a second job if she already has one, get her own credit and pay her mother back. She's certainly big and old enough and after all, Mom never got the incomparable ecstasy of bumping uglies with Vince every night.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

I'm just watching that episode now and being reminded of only one of many many reasons I'd never appear before JJ.  I'm an extremely predominant auditory style learner.  Typical of someone with this learning style, when asked to answer a question involving something I have to remember, my eyes always look directly sideways toward one of my ears.  (Typical visual learners will look up, and typical kinesthetic learners will look down.)  If I had an interrogator yelling at me every time I looked sideways, rather than directly into their eyes, when I was trying to recall/recount an event, I would be rendered nearly speechless.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 1

In both my criminal law and legal methods, professors discussed common mannerisms and tics of people who aren't being truthful.  It's important to observe the person conversing in a non-stressed setting before, because for any given person, mannerisms that indicate dishonesty may be something the person does habitually even when not lying or attempting to mislead anyone.  

Anyway, classic signs of deception where the eyes are concerned are eyes darting back and forth, and  rapid blinking. Slow blinks, as in 1-2 seconds, often punctuate lies.  Looking up and to the right (for right-handers; it's usually the opposite for lefties) is a classic sign of the "making it up as he goes along" variation of lying.  If one were to google the topic, he would probably get all sorts of specifics, such that looking slightly down and to the left means the person is lying about something he smelled or tasted. That stuff is a bit extreme, and not everyone fits the profile in terms of where his or her eyes go, but there's probably something to the basics. There are  additionally many manifestations not directly involving the eyes, including flushed skin on face, neck, chest, dry mouth, and excessive perspiration.

If JJ would just let the litigants look in whatever direction they desired, she might have a slightly better idea of who is lying to her, though she already seems to know that. 

• Love 5

I'm no expert (in anything) but I've also noticed an indication of lying is when someone answers a question by repeating the first part of it to give themselves time to think of a lie. E.g.:

JJ: "When did you make the first payment to him?"
Liar: "I made the first payment to him on ____"

However, that has a downside, as when their repetition incriminates them:

Someone who claims money was a gift and not a loan:

JJ: "When did she loan you the money?"

Stupid liar: "She loaned me the money on... (oh shit!) I meant GAVE!"

• Love 8

It's an interesting topic (to me).  The litigation consulting company, A2L, teaches the meaning of eye movement using the VAK (Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic) learning style for a variety of courtroom purposes.  http://www.a2lc.com/eyechart

3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I love it when that happens!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

However, that has a downside, as when their repetition incriminates them:

Someone who claims money was a gift and not a loan:

Immediately followed by a full-volume guffaw from JJ.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

Same here.... I'd be awful on these shows. I seldom answer with the first thing that pops in my head. As a kid I was raised to consider what I said before engaging my mouth. As if that isn't enough, when I DO talk, I don't talk fast. Oh, and yes I have a checking account - but with my part time job I often receive cash, so I often pay cash... and.... gasp!.... Don't grab a crayon and toilet paper and get a receipt. And, oh dear, I actually have a safe with some ready cash... doesn't mean I'm running a scam if I pay with cash and I don't have a bank statement or canceled check... canceled check - ha! I write, maybe, one check a year and get my bank statement electronically - I have to pay for paper statements. I'm terrible with dates and don't have the best memory. Ask me a question and insist on a fast answer - well, I might give a different answer a few minutes later when  my memory has a chance to percolate... doesn't mean I'm lying. Like I said, I'd  be a terrible litigant on court tv - probably boring to watch, too. I have a feeling I'd revert to my years of active duty - standing at parade rest, eyes straight ahead, staring at a spot on the wall, saying as little as possible - oh, and dressed appropriately. Hey, I was something of a hot head as a kid, but 20 years in the Army taught me a smidgen of control. When a superior acted like an ass and demanded an answer without giving me time to think (like JJ does often)... nope, I don't see myself ever agreeing to be a litigant on court tv

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 8

Well bummer!! I was considering what types goofy-assed crimes to rain down upon you, @SRTouch, just to see if you'd bring the kitties to court!  

Excellent post, by the way. I can second almost everything in your post (save the Army). I'm also not an auditory type person, and have trouble with lengthy questions (we were watching Zuckerburg the other day) so would be standing there with my mouth hanging open.  Although JJ tries to keep questions short and simple, with only an occasional vocabulary word thrown in as an aside to her lecture of the day. The only upside to ever being on these shows is that the "winners" actually get some cash out of the deal. Getting a judgement and getting the money are not the same.

If our society EVER needed a reason to implement a rule similar to "you need to have a license to catch a fish" regarding creating children, I think Brittany White may fit the bill.  Ick, blech, yuck, OMG, grrrrr, ARGH!  What a horrible excuse of a parent.  I know we hashed this through the first time it was on, but she still just boggles my mind.  Couldn't believe that one of the ten zillion times she tried to correct JJ it was because Judy referenced the boogeyman as "her boyfriend." "He wasn't my boyfriend!"  Okay.  Your "man who may or may not have abused your daughter."  That better?  I feel pretty certain that had Judy had her flyswatter out she'd have reached across the bench and slapped the snot out of that woman. I sure would have.   Wine, anyone?  I need to head over to the drinking game thread...

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 10
On 4/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, funky-rat said:

A childhood friend had nephews around 8-10 years younger than her.  They were her older brother's kids.  Her older brother was around 21 years old when she was born.  Her older sister was 18 or 19.  So it could be a similar situation.  Still....completely pointless case.

My husband is eight years older than his oldest niece and nephew.   In Utah circles (husband was born in Hawaii but raised mostly in Utah),  a couple whose youngest child is almost in double-digits by the time the first grandkid arrives  is considered guilty of slothfulness in the reproductive department. Either  they quit having kids much too early or didn't teach the older ones to marry [as soon as the boy is paroled from his  mission] and start popping out babies immediately after the obligatory nine-month waiting period.

• Love 1
On 4/12/2018 at 1:19 PM, SRTouch said:

Ask me a question and insist on a fast answer - well, I might give a different answer a few minutes later when  my memory has a chance to percolate... doesn't mean I'm lying. Like I said, I'd  be a terrible litigant on court tv - probably boring to watch, too. I have a feeling I'd revert to my years of active duty - standing at parade rest, eyes straight ahead, staring at a spot on the wall, saying as little as possible - oh, and dressed appropriately. Hey, I was something of a hot head as a kid, but 20 years in the Army taught me a smidgen of control. When a superior acted like an ass and demanded an answer without giving me time to think (like JJ does often)... nope, I don't see myself ever agreeing to be a litigant on court tv

Thank you for your service @SRTouch! Old Marine here! I have a horrible memory as well but I would think if you're going to sue or if you find out you're going to be sued, you'd get your bank statements, look at a calendar to get your dates straight and, since you wouldn't be lying, saying the first thing that pops into your head would be a good thing since it's the truth. And I've seen JJ not reprimand folks who look up/down/left/right as long as they don't answer the question starting with "ahhhhh....I think....." as the first words out of their mouths. I'm always amazed at Plaintiffs who start guessing at dates, it's your case, shouldn't you remember the date at least? And the Defendants who don't do a smidgen of research to be prepared to defend themselves?

Side note: I had a minor incident where I rear ended a car at a green light (my fault, the car in front didn't move as fast as I expected), there was no damage to either vehicle but the driver of the car I hit insisted on calling the police. As I sat waiting I took notes and photos of the back of her car, and video of her walking around screaming into her phone at the 911 dispatcher. After the Sheriff came and explained to the woman that if he makes formal report her car will depreciate in value at time of sale since an accident will be listed. She saw the light and we exchanged insurance info (I've been fully insured since I got my license in 1985!) just in case, so I went home and wrote down my side of what happened, to be prepared if she decided to claim something (she had 6 months to do so). JJ has taught me well...

Edited by GoodieGirl
Misspellings make me look stupid...
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Today's case (where I'm at) the dog debacle: the defendant's name is HARRY ORANGE. LOL!HAHA! I've never had a Harry Orange, but I have had a fuzzy kiwi!

Wasn't he Harry Orange, Junior? I remember that the episode was a rerun with the weird lady who walked her dogs while riding one of those motorized scooters, but I could swear he was named for his dad.

Also, I saw The Preener in one episode and a blond Asian guy in another sitting in the gallery. The guy had on a very jaunty scarf for his TV appearance.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Wasn't he Harry Orange, Junior? I remember that the episode was a rerun with the weird lady who walked her dogs while riding one of those motorized scooters, but I could swear he was named for his dad.

Also, I saw The Preener in one episode and a blond Asian guy in another sitting in the gallery. The guy had on a very jaunty scarf for his TV appearance.

Yes, he was Harry Orange Junior! Carry on your name with pride! Lol

• Love 4

Gee, I'd expect someone with the lofty handle of 'William Ansell IV' (I'm picturing him telling the show's staff to make sure they put 'IV' in there)to be able to buy his own damned computer, but maybe he could were his wages not garnished. But no, the Irresistable Eggman needs his squeeze, Ms. Mudgrace, to buy it for him, In keeping with his illustrious heritage, he needed a computer that cost 3,000$. Like, seriously, William IV? What would make a computer cost that much? I need to know.  I've never bought a computer that cost more 900$ and I'm not even a deadbeat who had my wages garnished. OTOH, if someone else is paying for it, I guess the sky is the limit. But that's not all! Ms. Mudgrace also thought it was a good idea to cash in her retirement funds(!!!!) for the stellar investment in a motor home so she and William IV could take romantic sojourns. I understand, I guess. William IV is worth it. Bwhahahhaa!

Braindead fool who can't dogwalk, so thinks it's a good idea to get a 100lb dog to accompany her on her scooter. A 100-lb, extremely skittish dog. Who would think anything could go wrong? Was the plaintiff handicapped, that she can't walk her dogs? Gee, I really hated her a lot. Pay your own damages, you stupid bitch.

19 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Wasn't he Harry Orange, Junior?

Wasn't it Harry Orange II? I think I may actually remember that because we saw a IV and a II in a row. Very impressive, I'm sure.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Gee, I'd expect someone with the lofty handle of 'William Ansell IV' (I'm picturing him telling the show's staff to make sure they put 'IV' in there)to be able to buy his own damned computer, but maybe he could were his wages not garnished. But no, the Irresistable Eggman needs his squeeze, Ms. Mudgrace, to buy it for him, In keeping with his illustrious heritage, he needed a computer that cost 3,000$. Like, seriously, William IV? What would make a computer cost that much? I need to know.  I've never bought a computer that cost more 900$ and I'm not even a deadbeat who had my wages garnished. OTOH, if someone else is paying for it, I guess the sky is the limit. But that's not all! Ms. Mudgrace also thought it was a good idea to cash in her retirement funds(!!!!) for the stellar investment in a motor home so she and William IV could take romantic sojourns. I understand, I guess. William IV is worth it. Bwhahahhaa!

Braindead fool who can't dogwalk, so thinks it's a good idea to get a 100lb dog to accompany her on her scooter. A 100-lb, extremely skittish dog. Who would think anything could go wrong? Was the plaintiff handicapped, that she can't walk her dogs? Gee, I really hated her a lot. Pay your own damages, you stupid bitch.

Wasn't it Harry Orange II? I think I may actually remember that because we saw a IV and a II in a row. Very impressive, I'm sure.

I could probably build a PC from the ground up that costs $3000, but it would have to have the absolutely BEST video card available, a real good one around $1200, and a super-duper power supply and fast memory, etc.  I think I built my last PC for about $800.

OMG Mrs Supreme Idiot with her scooter and her giant dog!  Yeah, I hated her too.

• Love 4

Jurists,

I moved several posts regarding the cost to build a computer and similar topics to Small Talk.  We are getting a little far afield from discussing William IV's case.  Ah, William IV, heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Delusional Fools.  He shall later wed the fair Catherine of Cluelessness and go on to sire many clueless fools.

PPAL

• Love 10
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Jurists,

Hee!!   Woo hoo!   We  have a moderator who checks on us, and loves us!

Show? Show? I think production (or syndication) is having fun mixing up cases to show together. Two cases of wacky women sort of living with sort of boyfriends, and then things don't work out.  Gee, ya' think?

Don't know about y'all, but I ALWAYS sit on my stoop at 2:00 am, with my mom, and my friends.  And yep, when I have to go tinkle, everybody comes in with me!  Cozy! Stupid woman. Shacked up with one guy, part time, but living with hubby the rest of the time. Dang. Loved Judy telling Mr. Whats-his-name she could understand why he kicked her out.  Double hee!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Show? Show? I think production (or syndication) is having fun mixing up cases to show together. Two cases of wacky women sort of living with sort of boyfriends, and then things don't work out.  Gee, ya' think?

Don't know about y'all, but I ALWAYS sit on my stoop at 2:00 am, with my mom, and my friends.  And yep, when I have to go tinkle, everybody comes in with me!  Cozy! Stupid woman. Shacked up with one guy, part time, but living with hubby the rest of the time. Dang. Loved Judy telling Mr. Whats-his-name she could understand why he kicked her out.  Double hee!

Don't forget the engaged couple who were trying to find a veniue for their wedding and ended up suing the Wrinkle Sisters (in their matching pink sweaters) for not getting back to them for two months due to some rigamarole about managing an estate. Or something.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SandyToes said:

Lol! I don't have "a stoop" but if I have guests over at 2 a.m. I always invite them to join me for a tinkle! It's proper etiquette!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Don't forget the engaged couple who were trying to find a veniue for their wedding and ended up suing the Wrinkle Sisters (in their matching pink sweaters) for not getting back to them for two months due to some rigamarole about managing an estate. Or something.

"Correct!"   gah

Although, since we are in the midst of wedding planning at the Toes household, I did kind of appreciate a second look at this one. 

• Love 5

JJ cuts everyone off with Shhhh and banging her hand down, but she let him go on and on about sitting on the stoop for 2 hours watching a suspicious guy and then at the very moment something was about to happen they all went inside to pee.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

JJ cuts everyone off with Shhhh and banging her hand down, but she let him go on and on about sitting on the stoop for 2 hours watching a suspicious guy and then at the very moment something was about to happen they all went inside to pee.

JJ had his number as a "fake witness" from the beginning.  That's why she kept shutting him down on his explanations of why the defendant was behaving certain ways.  Example:  "There was a Toyota SUV there, so he couldn't see us but we could see him."  (That's the story the witness and the plaintiff came up with.)

JJ:  "Don't tell me what he could or couldn't see.  Just tell me what you saw."  She was trying to rattle him to see if would trip up.  

• Love 7
On 4/16/2018 at 3:19 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Ah, William IV, heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Delusional Fools.  He shall later wed the fair Catherine of Cluelessness and go on to sire many clueless fools.

Oh, how well said! I would agree with this 100% except I kind of doubt that William IV has the wherewithal to sire anything.

Judging from the latest posts here I'm missing a lot of primo stuff. Hope to rectify that sad situation tonight.

• Love 3
On 4/16/2018 at 6:02 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

i missed this case, and it sounds at least mildly interesting. I'm not sure I understand the particulars of the case.  Did they couple sue the Pink Ladies because they (the Pink Ladies) accepted money, as in a deposit or partial payment for use of their venue, and then went radio silent for two months, or did the couple sue the operators of the venue for not responding to inquiries about the use of the venue?  How did JJ rule?

IIRC . . . pink sisters were wedding coordinators.  They found out that the venue that was scheduled through them was no longer permitted to have events, but didn't bother telling the plaintiffs until two months later.  Sisters found another venue, which was - at first - okay with the plaintiffs.  But then Plaintiffs found out that the new venue didn't have someone on staff available to "manage" their event, and told the Plaintiffs that the sisters would do it.  At this point, Plaintiffs had little trust in the sisters, so they went off and found a venue on their own.  And the new place had vendors who charged less than those hired through the sisters.  So Plaintiffs cancelled the original vendors and were suing to get their deposits back.  JJ said the Plaintiffs had every right to have whomever they wished as vendors, but that the vendor contracts were separate from the sisters, and by cancelling them, the Plaintiffs had lost their deposits.

At least, I THINK that's what happened.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

IIRC . . . pink sisters were wedding coordinators.  They found out that the venue that was scheduled through them was no longer permitted to have events, but didn't bother telling the plaintiffs until two months later.  Sisters found another venue, which was - at first - okay with the plaintiffs.  But then Plaintiffs found out that the new venue didn't have someone on staff available to "manage" their event, and told the Plaintiffs that the sisters would do it.  At this point, Plaintiffs had little trust in the sisters, so they went off and found a venue on their own.  And the new place had vendors who charged less than those hired through the sisters.  So Plaintiffs cancelled the original vendors and were suing to get their deposits back.  JJ said the Plaintiffs had every right to have whomever they wished as vendors, but that the vendor contracts were separate from the sisters, and by cancelling them, the Plaintiffs had lost their deposits.

At least, I THINK that's what happened.  

Interesting take. I didn't hear anyone say that the vendors at the new place were cheaper-- I definitely could have missed it-- but that they were sort of baked in to using the venue so the plaintiffs lost their deposits because they had to use the built in vendors at Bridezilla Ranch or whatever the place was called. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Interesting take. I didn't hear anyone say that the vendors at the new place were cheaper-- I definitely could have missed it-- but that they were sort of baked in to using the venue so the plaintiffs lost their deposits because they had to use the built in vendors at Bridezilla Ranch or whatever the place was called. 

I think the new venue was more expensive, plus they had to use their vendors so they were suing the Wrinkle Sisters for the deposits they lost. I did feel a teeny bit of sympathy for the couple as I felt they were dragged along by the Wrinkle Sisters for far too long and the Wrinkle Sisters did not seem apologetic at all. Personally, one look at the two of them and I would have run for the exit, they did not impress me.

I'm getting a lot of repeats that I haven't seen before: the couple who were suing the female plaintiff's father and his girlfriend's son over a dog. A dog the girlfriend's son had been taking care of for years but now the female plaintiff wants it because she get seizures. The whole family was a mess! The plaintiff's husband looked like a beaten dog, the female plaintiff could not string an intelligent sentence together, and the plaintiff's father, one of the defendants, had a mouth full of summer teeth! The only person who seemed to be of normal intelligence (and that's a stretch) was the younger defendant who owned the dog! I felt sorry for the dog and the plaintiff's daughter, gah!

Edited by GoodieGirl
misplaced apostrophe...
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, GoodieGirl said:

The whole family was a mess!

I never saw that either. What a freak show. Mr & Mrs. Brown? I doubt if they had a double-digit IQ between them, and of course they're breeding. The husband looked like her simple-minded child. I pity the offspring.

Also had some boring crap with the usual "Me and her was" college graduates(!!) suing for... something or other Ugh.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

WTF?  This is the case of bike-weenie versus car-weenie.  "Then he severed my arm..."  HUH?

I just watched that. So nice to see two mature, educated men behaving so appropriately. "Weenies" is right. "Ooh, he called me a NAME!" I'm just glad JJ isn't joining in this "Name calling is a felony" rage.

They were little toddlers getting into a big tantrum-fight. I don't know why def, Mr. Hope, was so smug. He's a ridiculous, blobby, no-chin "weenie" who had the chutzpah to tell JJ what is irrelevant and to write outrageous lies in his answer. So outrageous was he, he made JJ swear and her "ass" wasn't even bleeped. Bleeping is so arbitrary on this show. Anyway, plaintiff - "Weenie" no.1 was also a liar and a big sissy. You know he didn't say "Thank you". He said something like, "Thanks a lot, asshole. Close your damned door." But so what? Mr.Hope got his California panties all in a bunch over that.  Plaintiff, who appeared to make a living sucking lemons and was working overtime here, lied about the mirror too. Of course he broke it on purpose and then the bitch-fight is on.

Yeah, the severed arm confused me since he seemed to have both intact. I'm pretty sure plaintiff is going to win something here for the physical attack, but probably only half or less since he was a willing participant in the stupid kerfuffle. OH, well - those pansy-assed weenies gave Byrd a good laugh anyway.

• Love 9

I enjoyed the hysterical, delusional "witness" who excitedly claimed that the plaintiff was riding in circles around the defendant's car, something that was omitted by the plaintiff, the defendant, and the cop who witnessed the whole thing.

Sit down!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I enjoyed the hysterical, delusional "witness" who excitedly claimed that the plaintiff was riding in circles around the defendant's car

What was the deal with that shrill, nutty bitch, anyway? Did she think she was auditioning for something? Wasn't this whole weenie episode ridiculous enough without this shrieking lunatic? I think she's had too many double lattes. Who could get so overwrought over an incident involving strangers?

Was the case of Ms. Entwhistle and her dull-eyed former beau a repeat? Ms.Entwhistle - BTW, she might want to rethink putting those arms on prominent display holy shit - who likes to squirt out a baby every time she spreads for some loser, is too disabled to work at her minumum wage job because she hurt her knee so badly she's on workman's comp, but has no trouble standing around in high heels and running after a bunch of kids. Who thinks it's a good when you already have two kids you can't support to have another one with Mr. Glasier, a mouth-breathing mental defective who has no idea where he was working last year, if he was working at all? The loser whined that he became homeless and was couch surfing with his small daughter. He's an idiot who "works as much as he can" yet someone thought he would be the better custodial parent of the daughter. I can only image how unfit the mother is if that's the case. Ms.Entwhistle decided to be a full-time student and suck up more money she didn't earn. I'm  sure she's very diligent and dedicated to her online studies and the 5K she got was money well spent.  Good thing I'm not in charge or the human spay/neuter clinic would be SRO.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

What was the deal with that shrill, nutty bitch, anyway? Did she think she was auditioning for something? Wasn't this whole weenie episode ridiculous enough without this shrieking lunatic? I think she's had too many double lattes. Who could get so overwrought over an incident involving strangers?

JJ even called her "actress", which was hilarious. Calm down, woman!

• Love 4

First new case I have seen in awhile...uncle suing his PTSD suffering niece with the five-head (and a 20 yr old’s hair-do with a 60 yr old’s face). I know there are many levels of disability that one may collect for, so the defendant’s PTSD may be valid.  However, “dream car” aside,  should someone taking mood elevating drugs or anti depressants be driving?  Or driving small children around town?  I am admittedly Old School and I don’t always understand things I see parade across JJ’s stage, so I am truly asking...shouldn’t someone who is 1) deemed by one’s home state DMV capable enough to drive (medicated or not), and 2) seen as responsible enough by family members to care for very young children, be able to work a part time job?  And because I grew up in the Jurassic Period, I may not be in tune with this woman’s life philosophy.  I was brought up that if I wanted something, I had to earn & save money to pay for it.  If my “dream” pack of bubble gum, bike, car, house  was currently out of my financial means...I did not beg a relative to get it for me.  I did not ask a friend to “borrow me” some money. I did not set up a GoFund Me page.  I did not get the item! 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I did not ask a friend to “borrow me” some money. I did not set up a GoFund Me page.  I did not get the item! 

You misspelled 'gaven', which Fivehead's gallant Romeo said her uncle did, that the money was never a loan.

I'm disappointed I didn't get to see the second half of the case with the fine, upstanding citizens who were fighting in the middle of the street with a two and three year old as witnesses. It was a rerun, but still.

• Love 8

First new case I have seen in awhile...uncle suing his PTSD suffering niece with the five-head (and a 20 yr old’s hair-do with a 60 yr old’s face).

Omg. Whoever is in charge of choosing litigants, please rethink your choices. The happy couple looked like something that got pulled out a of drain. Barely human they are, yet they know how to breed. I wonder how someone totally disabled by PTSD manages to get herself worked up over her "dream car" (an ancient beat up Caddy) and gets out to have those piercings done? Oh, and look after a toddler and an infant - something that would stress me greatly and I don't even have PTSD (or maybe I do but never had the luxury of doing nothing). I guess the PTSD only kicks in when anyone mentions the word "job" to her. The hubby with major douchebag hair appeared to be mentally disabled as well, and he thinks that even though neither of them have jobs, they deserve this dream car, but why should they pay for it? Someone needs to give plaintiff get a good hard kick in the ass if he is ever stupid enough to even think of  giving these parasitic mutants another dime. They can't feed themselves, can't pay their rent, and he expected them to pay him back for a luxury they can't buy themselves? This case made me so angry.

If my “dream” pack of bubble gum, bike, car, house  was currently out of my financial means...I did not beg a relative to get it for me.  I did not ask a friend to “borrow me” some money. I did not set up a GoFund Me page.  I did not get the item! 

Why would you deny yourself anything your little heart desires? You need to join modern times and have whatever you want, even if you can't afford it. Get some fool to foot the bill. Set up a GoGimme scam page. Guaranteed a bunch of morons and bleeding hearts will pour money into it if you cry enough about how you feel so 'uncomfortable' (today's password to anything) that you don't have a 55" flat screen.

• Love 13