Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Couple thoughts on yesterday's cases - which I finally watched. 

Silly girl and grandpa suing ex bf/baby daddy. Grandpa case went as expected - loan was for both of the couple's benefit so I agree it was joint loan and both need to repay. Ah, but what kind of nonsense was bringing in video of her assaulting drunk bf, with their baby in his arms. I guess she thought it showed bf was endangering the baby by holding baby while he stumbled around and threw stuff. Yeah, he was in the wrong there... But she upped the danger level for baby when she decided to attack the drunk. She wasn't falsely arrested, she committed the assault and cops on scene arrested her. Oh, and no matter how many times JJ tried to say son wasn't HER'S, but THEIR'S she just kept on with "MY BABY"

On the two safe cracking youngsters... 2 things really. Agree with everybody about mother's non-reaction to kid showing her a hand full of Ben Franklin's - kid worked for family mowing yards all summer for MAYBE a hundred and suddenly shows thousands of dollars and sends him to the mall instead of sitting him down and  finding out just WTH he did to EARN THE FREEKING MONEY. Unless that kid has some hidden skill, I can't think of any legal work he could have been doing. Another thing - back in the 60's when I was that age, even family would have checked with a kid's parents before offering the kid a job.

Last thought and another one of JJ's sayings that makes me cringe (though it gets always gets a laugh in her courtroom): "if a teenager's lips are moving he/she is lying." Grrrr enough already - sure kids may have poor impulse control and still be learning to think before they act, but that doesn't make that saying true (or funny after the first time I heard it.)

• Love 5
(edited)

I think that intellectual property could be another subject that might be added to the list of fields in which JJ mistakenly sees herself as an expert.

When an artist gives someone a painting or another work of art as a gift, the new owner can use the item as they please in a regular context (unless restricted by a written agreement; some forbid selling the piece without the artist's consent). BUT, the artist does not automatically cede the rights to commercial and visual uses of the work, for example on CD covers as in this claim or even in exhibits. But since JJ dismissed the issue out-of-hand, it was never truly explored. The plaintiff also made a bad job of presenting her case, invoking irrelevant factors like the "intimate context" of the giving.

The couple who treated their nanny like a lending institution seemed like vultures who spotted an easy prey and pounced. They were living beyond their means and took advantage of her weak mental state. Considering how she still wanted to be friends with the defendant and they even embraced at the end, I would not be surprised if she finds herself once again in the role of victim sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, SRTouch said:

Last thought and another one of JJ's sayings that makes me cringe (though it gets always gets a laugh in her courtroom): "if a teenager's lips are moving he/she is lying."

It's part of her ageist and sexist mindset (it's most often directed at guys). One of the litigants agreed with her on that; she deserved to be smacked on the side of her head equally as JJ did.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Love 2
(edited)

The parents and grandmother of Butch & Sundance were too stupid to breath on their own.  Who gives a child access to a safe with thousands of dollars in it? And what parent doesn’t question a child who isn’t of legal age to hold a job when he comes home with tons of cash? I am not sure what kinds of child labor employment opportunities there are in CO, but if a 12 yr old can pull in $1000/wk without mom or dad batting an eye, I can just imagine what kind of salaries these parents are pulling in! Real land of milk and honey out in Colorado I guess.  

I had other burning questions for these people too...

* why was Grandpa’s glass eye in the safe vs. in his head?

* are the banks so difficult to get to where they live?

* what “clothes” do 12 yr old boys shop for? 

* how many rounds of “shoot the water gun in the clown’s mouth” and deep fried butter sticks did their stolen loot cover?

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

sure kids may have poor impulse control and still be learning to think before they act,

IMO, it was more than poor impulse control. A child, methodically stealing thousands of dollars (more than some professional crooks get on hauls) from his grandma over a period of weeks, splitting it with his little friend and the two of them going on shopping sprees makes it more than that. And yeah, and what 12-year old boys are so obsessed with clothes? If they were 17 I might understand that. Nasty little weirdos, who showed no fear and no remorse for this major theft.

• Love 8
(edited)

Last thought and another one of JJ's sayings that makes me cringe (though it gets always gets a laugh in her courtroom): "if a teenager's lips are moving he/she is lying." Grrrr enough already - sure kids may have poor impulse control and still be learning to think before they act, but that doesn't make that saying true (or funny after the first time I heard it.)

I used to think like you did. My DSIL (son in law)has some adopted much younger sisters who ended up living for a while with DSIL and DD (my daughter). DD was supposed to pick up the older girl from high school after an activity (this child had no cell phone and no internet access on purpose). The child who was 15 at the time, skipped school, rode with some boys she barely knew to a guy's nearby house, had sex with a random guy that she barely knew but paid her a little attention, took a shower and did the walk of shame right back to school where she changed into her gym clothes so she looked like she worked out. My daughter had no clue until she went onto her laptop and found the child had smuggled an Ipod touch into the house somehow and texted some girls talking about losing her V-card.

How many parents come on JJ and say "well, I trust my child" or "my child would never lie to me". Sorry but it's just not the case and these yahoos on JJ need to hear this about a thousand times a day. 

BTW I think the glass eye was in the safe because the grandfather had died. Maybe a little something to remember him by. . . . . .  (shudders)

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

BTW I think the glass eye was in the safe because the grandfather had died. Maybe a little something to remember him by. . . . . .  (shudders)

Nope, the grandpa was actually alive to show it to him (and that’s when he gave him the combination).  I assume it was an old fashioned glass one from years past and the one in his head wasn’t removeable or something, but I don’t know much (read: anything!) about prosthetic eyeballs.

• Love 5
On 5/1/2018 at 8:06 AM, Zahdii said:

That case is from 2005, the accident was on October 3, 2004.  Since then, the boy, Derrick has grown up and is currently serving a 38 year sentence for attempted rape, murder, and burglery.  As a three strikes offender he must serve all of his sentence and register as a sex offender.

This article is about the trial, that at that time was still to come:
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article140701993.html

This article is after the trial and sentencing, and the effects on the victim.  It also gives more information on how D Moore chose his victims, how he stalked this one before attacking her, and her life today:
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/article151151872.html

Derrick Moore's mother, Wendy, raised a right little monster.  I think her attitude on Judge Judy showed where little Derrick learned to be so callous.  His own mother seemed to think that taking other people's feelings into consideration was an alien concept.  How else could she proudly go on TV to sue the mother of the girl who died, when Ms. Moore had a larger role in the accident than she seemed to realize? 

It's getting more difficult to find information online about the accident, but the first time I looked it up a few years ago, I remember finding some information that fleshed out the situation.  Ms. Moore liked to throw parties, the kind where a few people would show up early and after drinking all day, everyone would usually be passed out well before midnight.  Party goers understood that they were unlikely to be able to drive home, and were used to finding a bed, couch, or a corner to pass the night in when maximum inebriation had been achieved. 

In the midst of this lifestyle, Ms. Moore had already raised an older son (and wouldn't I love to know how he turned out!), and was still raising Derrick.  Ms. Moore's relaxed parenting standards allowed her to party hearty in front of her son and thought nothing of letting him tool around in her car as long as he stayed on the property.  Seven acres might seem like a lot to children running and playing, but for a young teen behind the wheel of a car, that's not a lot of room to roam.  I'm certain that young Derrick 'accidentally' left the property many times. 

Perri-Ann probably ended up there with her aunt when auntie wanted to go to the local party house and instead of finding somewhere else to put her niece, she figured that Perri-Anne could hang out with Derrick and they could keep each other company.  Having drunk adults tell them to go out to the car and listen to the radio would lead most people to realize that a couple of bored teens would eventually decide to take the car out for a spin, especially when there were no sober adults (or maybe not even any conscious adults) around to put a stop to the fun and games.

The more I read about this case and Derek's later incarceration, the more I've wondered about whether the accident went down the way Wendy claimed. I think it's possible that Derrick was actually driving and he either lied to his mother (although I have a feeling that she wouldn't care if he was driving at the time since he can do no wrong to her) or told his mother the truth and she concocted the story about Perri-Ann being behind the wheel.

And given what we now know about Derek's propensity for violence and sexual abuse, is it possible that Derrick attempted to molest or assault her and in trying to fight him off, she lost control of the car, assuming she was the driver? Things like extremely violent behavior don't suddenly pop up in your 20s, and there most certainly had to have been an inkling of such behavior on Derrick's part at age 14.

Wendy is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen on this show (another one is Brittany White). Even if she kept her keys in her purse and was a responsible non-partying mom and Perri-Ann took it upon herself to steal the keys and then got into a fatal accident (which in that case WOULD be on Perri-Ann), I personally (in Wendy's position) would feel so terrible that it happened in my car at my house that I STILL wouldn't have the nerve to sue the bereaved mother! And how much do you want to bet Wendy was drunk at the time?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

IMO, it was more than poor impulse control.

Oh yeah, these two - especially the grandson - took it to a whole other level. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Bobby88 said:

And given what we now know about Derek's propensity for violence and sexual abuse, is it possible that Derrick attempted to molest or assault her and in trying to fight him off, she lost control of the car, assuming she was the driver? Things like extremely violent behavior don't suddenly pop up in your 20s, and there most certainly had to have been an inkling of such behavior on Derrick's part at age 14.

I said the same thing here awhile ago. It's certainly possible - and IMO even likely -  but I guess we'll never know for sure.

• Love 6

I paused and read the deposition written by the mom of the 13 yr old. She wrote that when she went to pick up the boys at Wal-Mart, they were bring detained by loss-prevention officers. I wonder why the boys were shoplifting if they were $3k rich. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I paused and read the deposition written by the mom of the 13 yr old. She wrote that when she went to pick up the boys at Wal-Mart, they were bring detained by loss-prevention officers. I wonder why the boys were shoplifting if they were $3k rich. 

Because they're dumbass teenage boys. We made the mistake of fostering a kid for a few months. He was a friend of our son and his home situation was pretty bad. He worked for my husband doing concrete work for several weeks (it was summer break) and asked if he could go to the mall to buy some new clothes. I got a call from the police asking me to come pick him up. He was caught shoplifting a video game from Target and he didn't even have a video game console (neither did we). He had nearly $700 on him when he was arrested. When asked why he did it, the answer was "because". That was his ticket out of my house and when he left, I said "There goes a future inmate". The kid was so damaged and such bad news, I had very little hope for him. He's 29 years old and has spent most of his 20's in prison.

Did anyone else get the episode about the horse? The plaintiff hiding her neck tatts with the turtleneck was a nice touch. The defendants had a well written, concise contract and no matter how many times JJ pointed it out to her, she sure didn't get it. If she thought she was going to get a horse for her daughter to ride hunter/jumper for $2500, she hasn't done much research on it. $2500 doesn't get you much in the way of a horse if you want to ride competitively.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Did anyone else get the episode about the horse? The plaintiff hiding her neck tatts with the turtleneck was a nice touch.

Okay, good, I wasn't just imagining things. Appearance-wise, yesterday was quite the interesting day. I barely even remember the cases. There was that woman with the hidden neck tattoos. In the case of the two art students, the plaintiff spoke as if she were channeling William Shatner, and the defendant was mimicking every single mannerism of Stefon from Saturday Night Live. The defendant in the nanny case had front teeth that looked like Chiclets - much bigger and brighter than the rest of her teeth. She said she was a bartender, so I wonder if she wound up on the wrong end of a bar fight at some point. Then in the dog case, I'm fairly convinced the defendant was/used to be a man, but she was wearing waaaaay too much makeup. Hopefully the cases were filmed close together and she ran into Ms. Stefon in the hotel or something, who advised her that a subtler look would work in her favor. (That's how I'm going to pretend it happened in my mind, anyway.)

• Love 9
1 hour ago, augmentedfourth said:

Okay, good, I wasn't just imagining things. Appearance-wise, yesterday was quite the interesting day. I barely even remember the cases. There was that woman with the hidden neck tattoos. In the case of the two art students, the plaintiff spoke as if she were channeling William Shatner, and the defendant was mimicking every single mannerism of Stefon from Saturday Night Live. The defendant in the nanny case had front teeth that looked like Chiclets - much bigger and brighter than the rest of her teeth. She said she was a bartender, so I wonder if she wound up on the wrong end of a bar fight at some point. Then in the dog case, I'm fairly convinced the defendant was/used to be a man, but she was wearing waaaaay too much makeup. Hopefully the cases were filmed close together and she ran into Ms. Stefon in the hotel or something, who advised her that a subtler look would work in her favor. (That's how I'm going to pretend it happened in my mind, anyway.)

Dog case.... she was going to try and get reimbursed cause the puppy had diarrhea on her carpet... but couldn’t be bothered to take the pup to a vet?

Honey If all that’s puppy did was shit on the carpet, you got off easy. My pup laid on the ottoman ( I thought sleeping!!!) and chewed an inch off the corner of my just delivered $ 800 Pottery Barn coffee table. 

• Love 11
(edited)
44 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Dog case.... she was going to try and get reimbursed cause the puppy had diarrhea on her carpet... but couldn’t be bothered to take the pup to a vet?

Honey If all that’s puppy did was shit on the carpet, you got off easy. My pup laid on the ottoman ( I thought sleeping!!!) and chewed an inch off the corner of my just delivered $ 800 Pottery Barn coffee table. 

Another litigant who was asked for a piece of evidence - Vet report this time - and presents something hoping judge isn't going to bother to read it. It was obvious the first time that JJ wanted evidence that that the remainder of the purchase price was offset by money spent on treating the puppy because of seller letting it eat what it shouldn't have. Yet this defendant insists that if JJ will just let her tell her story... Uh no, not how court works - especially not JJ.

Besides, who leaves a puppy - sick or not - on carpet the first night you bring it home... Even if puppy hadn't eaten the plant - anxiety from being away from mama and siblings, change in diet, new house, etc - diarrhea not all that strange - and accidents to be expected. Heck, part of her "story" seemed to be potential future vet expenses because of her claim that pup's kidneys may be affected in the future... Nope, plaintiff already offered to take back the pup and return the portion of price she paid - any future expense would be on her if she decided to keep the puppy.

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 7

She wanted to be reimbursed for the annual premium for pet insurance that went into effect 2018.

I looked up the results of eating elephant ears and it looks like its short term  diarrhea, mouth irritation etc. apparently the plants taste bad enough that few animals would eat enough to have long lasting issues. She could have called a vet or even a poison control center for information, I did when my pup chewed ant poison . If she really was concerned she would have taken it to a vet. Actually she should have taken it to a vet just to have it examined. Every puppy I’ve gotten has been to a vet within 48 hrs of purchase. I have the appointment scheduled prior to even picking the pup up. She was more upset over her carpet.

• Love 12

I've never had a new puppy that didn't have an accident when first brought home.  They're young, in a new place with new people, and even if you give them the same food they're used to, your tap water might be different enough to cause a problem.

I had a new puppy chew up the corner of a new recliner within a couple of hours of having it delivered.

Another time one of my kids lobbied for weeks to get a dog.  Promised to take care of everything.  I'd never know the dog was there.  Within hours after getting the puppy, she snuck out and left me to watch the dog.  I broke a toe trying to get it outside before it crapped on the carpet.  Then I tripped on something outside and almost fell on the puppy.  I had enough control to fall onto the lawn and hold the puppy out from my side so I didn't crush her.  I remember crying on the lawn while holding a crying puppy and getting peed on because puppy was so upset. 

You don't get an animal, especially one that is going to live in your home, and expect it to not have any problems adjusting to their new circumstances.

• Love 11

In the case of the two art students, the plaintiff spoke as if she were channeling William Shatner, and the defendant was mimicking every single mannerism of Stefon from Saturday Night Live. 

That case was confusing, to say the least. On my DVR, it said they were "girlfriends" and then during the hallterview, the defendant was saying the plaintiff "outed her" as being transgender to the defendant's family? Made me wonder if they were girlfriend and boyfriend and they broke up because the defendant was then transgender (please excuse my confusion as I'm never sure how that all works). 

I've had lots of puppies and they all seem to get the runs at first. Mine have always gotten that deworming stuff. My cousin's puppy got dewormed and passed *****GROSS -YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED**** a big pile of wriggling long skinny threadworms. Apparently the puppies get worms from their mamas and the deworming usually kills them the first time, but sometimes it takes a few times to get rid of them. My puppy was from the same litter and his worms were gone with the first treatment. 

• Love 4

I just watched Blanchard vs. Lane. Ms. Lane is a customs inspector (I think)at an airport and I just hope her personal/mental problems, like poor judgement, zero self-esteem and lack of self-control, don't impact on her job. She acted like a savage when angry, kicking and beating the daylights out of Mr. Blanchard's car because, well - she can't control herself and handle situations like a thinking adult. Anyway, Mr. Blanchard is a total low-down (and really short) POS who thinks he's hot stuff. He used her, lied to her and cheated on her, but none of that matters. Even after she knew he did all that to her, well, she took him back anyway because "I love him (and I"m incredibly desperate and think I'm nothing without a man even if he's worthless!)" If you are professing love for someone who treated you like garbage - get help!! JJ was much more sympathetic to her than was I. She kept repeating she was "in a dark place" because some lowlife boyfriend liar lied to her.

• Love 4
On 5/3/2018 at 7:01 PM, Bobby88 said:

The more I read about this case and Derek's later incarceration, the more I've wondered about whether the accident went down the way Wendy claimed. I think it's possible that Derrick was actually driving and he either lied to his mother (although I have a feeling that she wouldn't care if he was driving at the time since he can do no wrong to her) or told his mother the truth and she concocted the story about Perri-Ann being behind the wheel.

Wendy is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen on this show (another one is Brittany White). Even if she kept her keys in her purse and was a responsible non-partying mom and Perri-Ann took it upon herself to steal the keys and then got into a fatal accident (which in that case WOULD be on Perri-Ann), I personally (in Wendy's position) would feel so terrible that it happened in my car at my house that I STILL wouldn't have the nerve to sue the bereaved mother! And how much do you want to bet Wendy was drunk at the time?

With what we know now here,  I absolutely think something more was going on here.  I agree with you;  he must have been doing things for years that lead to his arrest and poor Perri Ann died as a result of something he did. 

According to the two articles, he stalked the woman, carried a stun gun, and after the attack, police found his car idling with the trunk open (he was scared off and hiding somewhere). That's serial killer type behavior..    Sounds like he was going to incapacitate her with the stun gun, throw her in the trunk and drive  away. 

And I am sure the judge agreed with me.  Dude got a pretty stiff sentence. 

• Love 7
On 5/4/2018 at 9:26 AM, augmentedfourth said:

In the case of the two art students, the plaintiff spoke as if she were channeling William Shatner, and the defendant was mimicking every single mannerism of Stefon from Saturday Night Live. 

Both descriptions, so accurate. ?

On 5/5/2018 at 3:41 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

That case was confusing, to say the least. On my DVR, it said they were "girlfriends" and then during the hallterview, the defendant was saying the plaintiff "outed her" as being transgender to the defendant's family? Made me wonder if they were girlfriend and boyfriend and they broke up because the defendant was then transgender (please excuse my confusion as I'm never sure how that all works). 

I think the defendant was born a male, began identifying and transitioning into female during her teen years. They were Girlfriends. Defendant looks very feminine so I'm sure a lot of people were unaware of her previous "life as a male," and she was content with keeping acquaintances in the does-NOT-need-to-know basis. However, plaintiff girlfriend was eager to blab the information to anyone.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Defendant looks very feminine so I'm sure a lot of people were unaware of her previous "life as a male,"

Yes, very feminine and quite pretty until he or she started talking. It became very obvious then. The constant "praying hands" did not look feminine at all.

I just watched "Amanda" and her grandpappy (I always love when these adult fools aren't even sponging off their parents ut off their grandparents) suing her ex-boyfriend for a loan the grandpa made only to him for them to rent a house. Def., whose judgement is very suspect, already has two kids and got custody of them although he likes to go out with his buddies and get drunk. I can only imagine what the maternal unit is like. Of course Amanda thought it a brilliant idea to breed with this boyfriend. Why not? Babies are fun and a good way to hold on to a man! Not really, but anyway, they can't stop fighting and Amanda gives JJ a video that should prove def. falsely called the police on her and had her arrested. Amanda's friend took the video. Amanda is even dumber than she looks - and she seems to think, judging by her stupid smirking that all this is amusing - because the video shows a disaster of a house, the def. drunk and Amanda trying to take "MY"baby (She seems to think the child is her sole property) and we see plaintiff physically attack def like a wild beast while he's holding the unfortunate baby. Disgusting and despicable, and delusional Grandpappy can go get half the loan from his sweet, innocent little granddaughter, the vile, revolting Amanda. That these people are allowed to breed freely and raise children in their natural environments of squalor and strife is really sad.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

That these people are allowed to breed freely and raise children in their natural environments of squalor and strife is really sad.

Exactly what I was thinking. 

On 5/4/2018 at 1:10 AM, lovesnark said:

We made the mistake of fostering a kid for a few months

My dad was a foster child success story, his mom had to give him up when her ex-husband (my bio grandfather) left her with 5 kids to raise on her own. His situation was different than most kids who end up in the system, he had no emotional or physical issues, and got into a loving and supporting home where he was given more than he'd had with his bio mom. He actually had a relationship, albeit strained, with his bio mom until her death a few years ago. Anyway, he thought it would be great to foster children himself so we had several kids come stay with us for various lengths of time. Unfortunately they were not as lucky as my dad, most had been abused physically or sexually, neglected, born addicted to drugs, etc. My parents did the best they could for however long we had them but it was hard, my mom finally had to say no more, she was ill equipped in the 1970's to handle all they brought with them plus try to raise me, my sister and my brother. 

Bottom line, what @AngelaHunter pointedly said is what leads to the issues that kids like @lovesnark have to deal with. These kids are born to parents who have no idea or desire how to make them a priority. 

Edited by GoodieGirl
misspelling
  • Love 3
(edited)

So, on the 4:00 show today, the second case was about a car (that’s not a Dodge Neon, thank God) that we spent little time talking about. Instead, JJ spent most of her time castigating the defendant for coming to Sunset-Bronson Studios, um, I mean court late and making everyone stay an extra 40 minutes. Oh no, an hour of overtime pay! THE HORROR!

Johnny gave her some story about his uncle having a medical emergency which she did not believe. It was so dire that he actually wanted to cancel his appearance and texted a producer to do just that. I would lean towards that being legit if he wants to give up his 15 minutes of syndicated fame. A producer for the show ended up giving him a ride to the lot. However she took shots at his job at a ramen restaurant and his going to school online. People can make a decent living on tips alone, especially if the restaurant/bar is in a ritzy part of town.

I’m normally forgiving of JJ’s moods due to her suffering a parade of fools, but I think her fame is starting to get to her. If you don’t want to deal with that, go adjudicate a real court.

Edited by popcornchicken
Court is spelled with a c!
  • Love 6

Amanda trying to take "MY"baby (She seems to think the child is her sole property) and we see plaintiff physically attack def like a wild beast while he's holding the unfortunate baby. 

I was quite amused that she brought in video evidence of her lack of restraint and idiot excuses. It's always fun to watch people blow their own cases. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, popcornchicken said:

I’m normally forgiving of JJ’s moods due to her suffering a parade of fools, but I think her fame is starting to get to her. If you don’t want to deal with that, go adjudicate a real court.

She really has been behaving as if she has a couple of thorns in her paw.

What confuses me is that since it's her playpen why didn't she just tell the kid to go home and have another case brought before her.  Grab two goofballs from the audience, slap a couple of cheap dollar store wigs on them and give them some story of a fender bender, fake Nigerian check scam story, or former roommates arguing over a Le Creuset dutch oven. 

It's really hard to imagine JJ waiting for anyone.  And that includes Jerry.

I tuned in slightly late today, after the first case was underway. Kristen Friedricey or something similar to that was being sued for having broken the other woman's  car window and for some other offenses, real or imagined.  I don't think I've ever had such a strong feeling while watching the show that both litigants were  lacking in both  intelligence and sanity.

• Love 3

Today’s case of the 20 lb (?)  pit bull.  The defendants couldn’t even keep their stories straight and mom had almost as stank an attitude as her daughter.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Today’s case of the 20 lb (?)  pit bull.  The defendants couldn’t even keep their stories straight and mom had almost as stank an attitude as her daughter.

They were both somewhat disgusting, and when the daughter laughed about what the dog had done, I was almost as upset as JJ was.

• Love 5
On 5/6/2018 at 6:41 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Amanda is even dumber than she looks - and she seems to think, judging by her stupid smirking that all this is amusing - because the video shows a disaster of a house, the def. drunk and Amanda trying to take "MY"baby (She seems to think the child is her sole property) and we see plaintiff physically attack def like a wild beast while he's holding the unfortunate baby. Disgusting and despicable, and delusional Grandpappy can go get half the loan from his sweet, innocent little granddaughter, the vile, revolting Amanda.

I think that's what pushed me over the edge and made me want to go rescue that poor baby, the smirk on that smug bitch's face. It's all a game to her, and "HER" BABY doesn't matter one whit. The defendant already has custody of his other kids; maybe he should go for custody of this one, too. Even if he goes out drinking with his buddies sometimes, he came across as the better option. (Which, I know, isn't saying much.)

On to today!

In the case of the high-strung lesbians, the plaintiff was right - she did have a much better lipstick game than the defendant. I'm always on the lookout for a good red, and I still haven't quite found the perfect one for me yet.

I, too, wasn't crazy about JJ's pooh-poohing of online education, since it's becoming more and more popular these days, but I'm also not sure if I bought the "family emergency" story. Either way, I'm glad the plaintiff got her money back.

The pitbull owners were nasty pieces of work. Maybe I just have a thing against people who smirk. (See above.)

In the last case, each lie the defendant told was stupider than the one before it. "I wanted to practice parallel parking at 5:00 a.m.!" was bad enough, but then he INVENTED A PERSON and claimed they were all partying at this fictional dude's house, and didn't think JJ would catch on? Oy.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

I tuned in slightly late today, after the first case was underway. Kristen Friedricey or something similar to that was being sued for having broken the other woman's  car window and for some other offenses, real or imagined.  I don't think I've ever had such a strong feeling while watching the show that both litigants were  lacking in both  intelligence and sanity.

Then you haven't watched this show long enough. Stick around! 

• Love 6

My own smart, yet idiot, teen jumped the subway turnstile WITH MONEY ON A METROCARD IN HIS POCKET! His friend didn't have enough money and told my kid that "he does it all the time and no one cares."  The complete and utter stupidity is what burns.  I relate this to the two kids and the safe case. Sometimes they are just plain stupid at this age, I hope they (and my own son) grow out of it.

I have a weird feeling it was on this board that I mentioned there was a troublesome kid in my son's class and my son thinks he's the greatest guy and would blindly follow him--same guy--son did follow.

The appalling mother and daughter pit bull case makes me both angry and sad for the future.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

My own smart, yet idiot, teen jumped the subway turnstile WITH MONEY ON A METROCARD IN HIS POCKET!

Jumping a turnstile is one thing. I bet he wouldn't methodically steal thousands of dollars from you, like a pro.

59 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

It is time for a beat the hell out of the defendant road trip for me, heading straight for the bartender and her "god uncle" or whatever she called that man who was with her

You mean the fugly bigmouth with the dumb smirk, who made Byrd walk unnecessarily in order to throw the asshole out? Def. is probably banging him.

• Love 6

I think JJ had already decided the car sale case before it even started.  It was pretty cut and dried.  But since the defendant kept everyone waiting, she opted to spend most of her time making sure that the production company (which was paying the plaintiff for the verdict) got their money's worth out of his pound of flesh.  

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

My own smart, yet idiot, teen jumped the subway turnstile WITH MONEY ON A METROCARD IN HIS POCKET! His friend didn't have enough money and told my kid that "he does it all the time and no one cares."  The complete and utter stupidity is what burns.  I relate this to the two kids and the safe case. Sometimes they are just plain stupid at this age, I hope they (and my own son) grow out of it.

Dumb teen boys....I got one of those! This post reminded me of a quote from the new Roseanne show. Roseanne yelled at her dumb teen granddaughter, "You're smart for a KID, but you're DUMB for a grownup!!" I'm eagerly waiting for my son to give me the opportunity to yell that to him.???

2 hours ago, augmentedfourth said:

In the last case, each lie the defendant told was stupider than the one before it. "I wanted to practice parallel parking at 5:00 a.m.!" was bad enough, but then he INVENTED A PERSON and claimed they were all partying at this fictional dude's house, and didn't think JJ would catch on? Oy.

Ah yes! More dumb teen! The gall the defendant had to tell a blatant lie! I couldn't believe it. 

Did JJ actually believe the parallel parking excuse? 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Dumb teen boys....I got one of those! This post reminded me of a quote from the new Roseanne show. Roseanne yelled at her dumb teen granddaughter, "You're smart for a KID, but you're DUMB for a grownup!!" I'm eagerly waiting for my son to give me the opportunity to yell that to him.???

Ah yes! More dumb teen! The gall the defendant had to tell a blatant lie! I couldn't believe it. 

Did JJ actually believe the parallel parking excuse? 

Nope, JJ believed him JUST as much as we all do!

• Love 5

My DVR's program guide was not working yesterday so JJ was not recorded. I flipped to the channel of the second episode (10:30 EST) and there was a blonde young guy plaintiff saying they were not at Ben's house or something and JJ told the defendant to go and get Ben's number. 

Can someone recap that case? Thanks!

P.S. JJ looks very, very old this season. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

My DVR's program guide was not working yesterday so JJ was not recorded. I flipped to the channel of the second episode (10:30 EST) and there was a blonde young guy plaintiff saying they were not at Ben's house or something and JJ told the defendant to go and get Ben's number. 

Can someone recap that case? Thanks!

P.S. JJ looks very, very old this season. 

THERE WAS NO BEN! BEN DID NOT EXIST!

Sorry, apparently I'm still blown away a day later. The very basic facts were the defendant took the plaintiff's car while the plaintiff was sleeping at his house (despite not having a license, because no one does on this show), and got escorted back by the cops. Plaintiff said there was damage to the car that wasn't there before the defendant took it out for an early morning joy ride, but the defendant claimed he didn't do it. However, since he MADE UP BEN, his credibility was kinda shot. There was also a whole lot of JJ feeling around in an effort to find out if anyone was drunk or using drugs, but it didn't really get anywhere.

• Love 7
Just now, augmentedfourth said:

Sorry, apparently I'm still blown away a day later. The very basic facts were the defendant took the plaintiff's car while the plaintiff was sleeping at his house (despite not having a license, because no one does on this show), and got escorted back by the cops. Plaintiff said there was damage to the car that wasn't there before the defendant took it out for an early morning joy ride, but the defendant claimed he didn't do it. However, since he MADE UP BEN, his credibility was kinda shot. There was also a whole lot of JJ feeling around in an effort to find out if anyone was drunk or using drugs, but it didn't really get anywhere.

Don't forget one of my favorite parts of the story.  He was out at 2:00 in the morning PRACTICING PARALLEL PARKING.  

JJ absolutely knew there was no Ben.  That's why she sent the kid out to get "Ben's" phone number.  You can't make this stuff up.  

• Love 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

Ms. Friedricey had quite the story to tell, or at least she thought she did because she was ready to create quite the scene to justify kicking a windshield.

17 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Danielle Reece if you're reading this, I may talk for a lot of PTV'ers... please tell us what that amazing lipstick was! I must have it!

I was more amazed by Ms. Friedricey's eyebrows! Both of them had great make-up IMO, but those eyebrows were spectacular!

Edited by GoodieGirl
ugh, misspelling
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, augmentedfourth said:

My husband immediately said that if the kid was out at that hour in Pittsburgh, he was looking for drugs or someone to buy him booze, and I would tend to agree.  That's true in a lot of larger cities.

The kid was telling the truth on one thing.  There was a flat tire at some point, because one of the photos showed the donut was on the car.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

My husband immediately said that if the kid was out at that hour in Pittsburgh, he was looking for drugs or someone to buy him booze, and I would tend to agree.  That's true in a lot of larger cities.

Pretty much true everywhere - not just in the big city. ... course in Small Town America, where everybody knows everybody, it may be harder to escape notice. Heck, you might even have to go a couple towns over before you find someone who isn't related to someone who went to school with your kin folks. 

• Love 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, PsychoKlown said:

Grab two goofballs from the audience, slap a couple of cheap dollar store wigs on them and give them some story of a fender bender, fake Nigerian check scam story, or former roommates arguing over a Le Creuset dutch oven. 

...I would consider fighting over my Le Creusets. Their warranty extends past my life expectancy--that's good stuff! ;)

17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:
17 hours ago, NYCFree said:

My own smart, yet idiot, teen jumped the subway turnstile WITH MONEY ON A METROCARD IN HIS POCKET!

Jumping a turnstile is one thing. I bet he wouldn't methodically steal thousands of dollars from you, like a pro.

That other little bastard your kid worships might, though. I remember you talking about that one! (When I was growing up, my mom lamented the existence of "That Bridget" in our universe. I don't like you hanging around That Bridget. She was correct, AND I am amazed not to have seen That Bridget as a litigant on JJ or any other court show. Yet. 

Edited by pagooey
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

The plaintiff knows that the man that she has only known for a short time is in jail for beating and choking the woman, is suing her for attacking her, knows that the man has lied, lied, lied to every woman he has come across. And yet...!!! In the hallterview you are going to lament "everyone just doesn't understand him like I do , he did nothing wrong"??????

Sorry, this just popped into my mind. Brings a tear to my eye:

----------------

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man.
You'll have bad times
And he'll have good times,
Doin' things that you don't understand
But if you love him you'll forgive him,
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him oh be proud of him,
'Cause after all he's just a man
Stand by your man,
Give him two arms to cling to,
And something warm to come to
When nights are cold and lonely
Stand by your man,
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man
Stand by your man,
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, pagooey said:

...I would consider fighting over my Le Creusets. Their warranty extends past my life expectancy--that's good stuff! ;)

That other little bastard your kid worships might, though. I remember you talking about that one! (When I was growing up, my mom lamented the existence of "That Bridget" in our universe. I don't like you hanging around That Bridget. She was correct, AND I am amazed not to have seen That Bridget as a litigant on JJ or any other court show. Yet. 

That Bridget!!!  LOL!

I hope someday Gabe is just a distant memory, or my kid's common sense, or sense of self preservation kicks in.

That lying mom today "I never made contact" with my Tesla.... That kid totally can use that forever "yes I lied about what time I came home. I LEARNED IT FROM YOU MOM!"

• Love 8