Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

Just watched, so sorry if I repeat stuff already said. Like others here I was puzzled at the Godmother case. A mature woman, who meets plaintiff 10 or 15 years ago can become a "goddaughter"? How does this work? I always thought godparents were chosen at a child's birth, and that they agreed to certain obligations. Does getting a "goddaughter" who is an adult mean that "supposably" that godmother should supply goddaughter with a credit card to fix her beater? I have an elderly friend I met about 10 years ago. Can I designate her MY godmother and start asking her to pay my car repairs and such? Confused, I am.

Then there was LeLand Lamarr. He doesn't work. He stays home and cares for his baby. That's fine, except the baby mama doesn't work either. Luckily, Leland Lamarr still has money to play poker. Unluckily, he's so stupid he sends an obscenity-laced voice mail outlining his plan to break into plaintiff's place. Whatever. Keep denying, LeLand. They all live in MN. Cortney was getting on my last nerve with her "I seen." Oh, and her witness, Mr. Cohen, also "seen."

Another Mr. Cohen is suing the def. a latter-day and ghastly pale fugitive of the British Invasion whose Momma kicked him out so Mr. Cohen took him in, only to find his "very expensive" bedding was stolen. 59$ sheets are "very expensive" to him? Not really upscale, Mr. Cohen.  

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

that "obstruction of justice" isn't actionable for damages in small claims, and that the antique store owner was not responsible.

I thought it was a little nervy of him blame her for the theft. He expected her to leave her own merchandise and go upstairs to stand guard over HIS property when she was merely renting him a space and didn't even ask commission on his articles she sold for him as I think most shop owners would have done. She wasn't his employee or agent, charged with caring for his items. She ws his landlord, period. He wanted to deal with buyers, talk price and watch for thieves he should have done what she does - actually go there and tend to things.

• Love 11
On 2/16/2018 at 7:00 PM, basiltherat said:

Pit bull daddy looked like Colin Mochrie from Whose Line is it Anyway? so I thought maybe he was trying to be cute on purpose. 

Does Colin Mochrie have a horribly done hair transplant? Because Mr Pit Bull-shitter sure did. I could barely pay attention to the case because I was transfixed by all the plugs poking out of his skull. 

I don't know if it was a rerun (I don't remember this case and DVR descriptions are always wrong) but the case of the wannabe tough-guy schmedrick suing the next door neighbor for a an alleged "attack" on his dog really steamed me if only because the Plaintiff, Nathan McDaniel, was a colossal waste of a human being. 

First of all, Nathan McDaniel, he with the thinly disguised neck tattoo, reminded me of Michael Bolton from Office Space...

giphy.gif

...if Michael Bolton was wrapped in a parka while locked in a hot yoga room inside a volcano because JESUSCHRISTALMIGHTY was Nathan McDaniel a disgusting, doughy flop sweating pig because THIS is exactly what his face looked look:

giphy.gif

Of course, Nathan McDaniel, backyard weapons dealer, is so scared for his life (given the fact that, you know, he lives next door to a police sergeant) he carries one of his many guns around with him while he goes to retrieve his mail from his mailbox. 

Also, I totally believed the police sergeant Defendant when he brought forward a witness who said she heard the two gun-loving turds claim they slammed the dog's paw in their own car door the week before. JJ needed to shut up about the vet bill being "proof" the dog was injured on the day they claimed it was. That means nothing. The vet records would show only that the gun-nuts told the vet that the supposed injury happened on that day. Veterinarians aren't detectives -- it's not like they could have gone out investigating if the injury happened that day. They just write down what the owner says happened and treat the problem.

My understanding of concrete patios, etc., is that if they are level, water does puddle.  If you want the water to roll off there has to be a slight slope.  Not a contractor, but have hired many over the years for various projects.

• Love 10

"Contractor" was not only hiding income from the IRS, but dodging child support payments by getting the check in his girlfriend's name.  Hey, girlfriend, don't help him do that -- he may do that to  YOU if you should make the mistake of breeding with him!

• Love 6

Contractor was a glib, fast-talking shady guy. I'm sure he reported the money his girlfriend got as HIS income, "out of the kindness of his heart" of course. The concrete should be slightly sloped so water doesn't sit on it.

So, like, how many of you have outstanding warrants?

Lynise, who likes to display vast acres of flesh and Jerlisha(?), smirking wiseass, are two young women and both have warrants. WTF? Can no one on this show drive a car without losing their license, getting warrants or smashing the vee-hickle up? But I'm sure both had insurance. hahaha... Oh, excuse me. Anyway, Byrd doesn't have the car. Byrd does not want your 15-year old piece-of-shit Chevy. I'm sure even a junkyard doesn't want it. Go buy another beater, Lynise, well, if you ever get your license back that is. I'm sure you won't drive again until you do, right?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, shksabelle said:

Please, please tell me what the very attractive, well put together, fairly articulate (by JJ standards, anyway)  Ms. Stevens saw in that mush-mouthed moron. 

Oh, come on! Don't tell me you wouldn't put up with him havin' "other females he was messin' wid" if you could get some of what he's got!

JJ, say "Exclusive" all you like. That "mush-mouthed moron" is never going to know what it means. Hair, he knows. Females, he knows. Flashy grill, he knows. Vocabulary, he don't know.

Seriously, I don't know why plaintiff was all smiles. He was her choice.

Edited by AngelaHunter
because there is only one "L" in vocabulary.
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

She's at it again, this time telling a contractor how to pour concrete. 

She should have been telling him how to select a Just for Men Beard Dye (with some leftover for the eyebrows) that matched his actual hair color. 

98a7pr8yfholfh.jpg

I learned a few years back while redoing a bathroom about "pitching" a shower floor. I wanted a flat shower floor (I saw a picture of something similar on Houszzzzz [or however that's spelled]) and both my contractor and his tile guy said there was no way that could be accomplished without doing something to the joists underneath (which would have added thousands of dollars). The floor had to be pitched so that the water could run down the drain. 

14 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I learned a few years back while redoing a bathroom about "pitching" a shower floor. I wanted a flat shower floor (I saw a picture of something similar on Houszzzzz [or however that's spelled]) and both my contractor and his tile guy said there was no way that could be accomplished without doing something to the joists underneath (which would have added thousands of dollars). The floor had to be pitched so that the water could run down the drain. 

This is true.  The floor must slope slightly.  When we bought our house, it had an existing handicapped roll-in shower (prior owner was elderly).  I love it because I have balance issues ,and showers are always scary for me.  Now I have grab bars ,and no tub to climb over.  But it wasn't installed correctly, and it sags in spots, allowing water to pool, and forming a crack at the drain.  I had it fixed once - someone came and drilled holes in the floor, and pumped it up with expandable foam to keep it "firm" and fixed the crack, but after almost 3 years, it's starting to sag again.  I don't want to really put any money in to it - we plan on having the current house (a 1977 model) pulled out in a few years and having something newer dropped on the lot) but not looking forward to forking out another $300 to have the floor pumped up again - hoping it's less since some of it is still good.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

My understanding of concrete patios, etc., is that if they are level, water does puddle.  If you want the water to roll off there has to be a slight slope.  Not a contractor, but have hired many over the years for various projects.

I've been married to a concrete contractor for 32 years and I can say you are absolutely correct! I remember a case on JJ where a homeowner was suing the concrete guy because her driveway cracked. Mr Lovesnark watched it with me and we both had a running commentary going the whole time. ALL concrete cracks and the best way to minimize it is to prepare the ground properly before it's poured and to put expansion joints in the slab. Even then, you're going to get cracks. The homeowner in this case refused to pay for the ground prep and didn't want expansion joints because she didn't like the way they looked. The contractor in the case was smart and documented everything in the contract she signed. JJ said she learned something about concrete that day and the homeowner lost. If I remember right, the contractor was awarded some cash because the bitchy homeowner wrote nasty stuff all over the internet about the contractor that wasn't true. 

• Love 7

Shealene Busse has a sad-sack lumpy look, badly dyed hair, gappy teeth and a butt like a caboose, but she has (at least) three men who hooked up with her.  I wonder what is her secret - did she pray to Satan, knows witchcraft or lives in some rural area like Alaska where the ratio of men to women is so low that she can snap her fingers and the menfolk come running.   Looking at her, I'd think "librarian who lives w/her hoarder mom", not sex beast having babies by "a friend", with a boyfriend on the side and an ex with reasonable vision.   Get it girl... I'm kinda jealous.

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 19

I'm glad she ruled in favor of Corey in the first case. He was calm, expressed himself well and you could tell he was truthful. Also, it was a brilliant move to bring his witnesses.

In the second case, my heart breaks for the defendant's kids. The dad of the 12 year old may get full custody, but what about the 9 month old? I can't imagine that baby daddy's wife would want to raise him....and what kind of people are they that the hubby "bumps uglies"* with trashy defendant and the baby daddy's wife sending nasty emails. 

*bumping uglies was my dad's way of referring to trashy hook ups. 

• Love 11

I wonder what is her secret - did she pray to Satan, knows witchcraft or lives in some rural area like Alaska where the ratio of men to women is so low that she can snap her fingers and the menfolk come running.  

Hinged vagina.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

Shealene Busse has a sad-sack lumpy look, badly dyed hair, gappy teeth and a butt like a caboose, but she has (at least) three men who hooked up with her. 

Yeah, right but just take a look at the "men" who wanted, and want, to bump uglies with her. I mean, we're not talking a bunch of Chris Hemsworths here. The new boyfriend barely looks human. In fact, he looks like the Missing Link on a bad day. They all looked like inbred mutants from the shallowest end of the gene pool and they're breeding. Oh god. But it was interesting to see that Mr. McGlynn does indeed have a "type." Well, it's not like HE could get any other type. His wife, in addition to being another lumpy, short-on-brains big butt, can't keep her flappy piehole shut and Byrd had to go to the trouble of throwing her out. 

Abigail and Montwell: People Magazine's Couple of the Year? "I had just had my first-born (so why can't I lie and scam people?)" Well, hallelujah for that blessed event. Cue the angelic trumpets for her and Montwell, who doesn't think he should pay for the old beater he knowingly agreed to buy. Yes, they're breeding too. Plaintiff was absolutely telling the truth about everything. Montwell in the  hall declares the friendship is OVER. What a loss that will be. 

• Love 9

The moron shooters today.  My favorite!  

“I ain’t a dumb redneck.....

”I always shoot weapons.  I been shootin’ guns since I’se 6 years old!”

“I’m not a dumb redneck that would accuse someone down the road of hittin’ my car with one, neither!”

”How does this door work?”

• Love 13
3 hours ago, LisainCali said:

“I’m not a dumb redneck that would accuse someone down the road of hittin’ my car with one, neither!”

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time till that "I ain't a dumb redneck" comment.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LisainCali said:

Cracked me up that one of the defendants who didn't get thrown out had to admit that the guy who couldn't figure out how to open the door was his stepson. And he had enough sense to agree with JJ when she said that the guy was an idiot.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, patty1h said:

Looking at her, I'd think "librarian who lives w/her hoarder mom", not sex beast having babies by "a friend", with a boyfriend on the side and an ex with reasonable vision.   Get it girl... I'm kinda jealous.

That bolded comment is perfection. 

I really was distracted by Shaelene's ex's (not sure if he was ex boyfriend/husband/"friend") wife. Like, from her hair to her knees, she read like  "recent refuge from Warren Jeff's FLDS compound" but her shoes were all, "Walmart teenage hippie aesthetic." She also seemed smugly self-satisfied by getting thrown out of the courtroom. 

I finally got around to watching the Homeschooling Homeland Security Asshole case and it did not disappoint!  

4 hours ago, LisainCali said:

He couldn't figure out to push a door instead of pulling...

Even the older morons wouldn't take responsibility for their actions. These idiots are going to kill someone with a stray bullet one day and they'll try to convince some judge that it was the fault of the bullet fairy.

Hur dur but we was shootin'north, ma'am!

• Love 6

What the hell was up with the blond girl today?  Sorry, for the life of me, I can't remember any details of the case but she really looked like she didn't understand a word JJ was saying to her.  The girl who didn't turn herself into the police, well not right away.  She didn't look like she even knew what was going on or that she lost the case.  I think she looked at her companion before she realized it.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

What the hell was up with the blond girl today?  Sorry, for the life of me, I can't remember any details of the case but she really looked like she didn't understand a word JJ was saying to her.  The girl who didn't turn herself into the police, well not right away.  She didn't look like she even knew what was going on or that she lost the case.  I think she looked at her companion before she realized it.

She said something about having a terminal illness, but she seemed completely out of it. 

• Love 6

New ep today, right? Muhamed suing the shifty guy who rented him a room in his rented condo, took six months rent up front then got in a fight with him the day Muhamed was moving in because Muhamed wanted to bring his own bed in. Def refused, saying he had to take the room furnished the way it was. Plaintiff left and def kept all the money, muttering something about "damages", apparently magically caused by someone who never lived there. There must have been way more stuff we didn't hear about because JJ came out armed for bear against defendant. When asked who else had rented the room prior to plaintiff, def responds, "Uhhh, err. some guy named Tim." Maybe Tim did the damage in the three days he lived there? Yes, I'd let some stranger whose name I don't know move into my home too. Muhamed is a student who says things like, "They was." He said that in the hall because he didn't need to say one word during the case.

Stupid, annoying, vocally-fried and overly-madeup boring dumb girl suing former roommate for whatever damages. Ho hum.

But omg - what about batty plaintiff who has a girlfriend and they took in SIX kids from... someone or other (she dramatically paused and attempted to squeeze out a tear here over someone else's kids when she is suing her own) suing her 18-year old daughter for a 22-year old POS car she "loaned" to her, coincidentally on the daughter's birthday. Daughter's boyfriend, Jarkwadian(?) appeared next to her but I'm not sure why since I don't think this had anything to do with him. Momma gets the boot and declares in a martyred tone, "I knew this would happen." Well, if you knew it, why did you come and reveal what a crazy bitch you are? In the hall, about her daughter: "She wins again." Who says that about her teenaged child as though they're in some whacky contest? I hope someone is keeping an eye on those poor six kids. I wonder how much she and her squeeze get paid every month for them.

• Love 9

We got a rerun of the classic case where a hairdresser parked all day in a private driveway; she "thought" it was the home of friends, but they had moved several months before.  When the homeowners came home and saw the vehicle, rather than flattening the tires or having it towed, they just parked behind it (it WAS their driveway), and figured the owner would knock on the door to ask them to let her move her car.  Well, they then went for a walk, and when dingbat got back to get her car, she COULD NOT BELIEVE IT.  Someone was blocking her in!!!!

So she knocked on their door; no answer.  So she walked through an unlocked door, saw their keys on a table, took them, moved THEIR car, then pulled her car out.  When she put the keys back in the house, she locked the door from the inside, because . . . as a good citizen . . . she did them a favor and secured their house from burglars.  Then, a couple of months later, she was at a dry cleaner across the street and bragged to the folks there about what she had done.  And in the world of karma, it turns out that the woman who worked at the cleaners was the sister of the homeowner.  (Ya can't make this stuff up!!!!)

JJ awarded the plaintiffs $5,000 for the stress the defendant put their family under, because all they knew was that someone had come into their house, taken their keys, moved their car, and then locked the keys in the house.  Defendant still doesn't "get" that what she did was wrong.  JJ encouraged plaintiffs to pursue criminal action against the defendant through the local prosecutor's office.

============

So why can't we also get Patricia Bean if we're showing classic old cases?  February sweeps month is almost over!!!!

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 17
On 2/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, Quof said:

people who home-school don't need special training, but (correct me if I'm wrong) their students do need to pass tests in order to succeed, get a diploma, etc.  Aren't they usually supervised by a school system/school board? 

It depends upon your state. I HS'ed my kids in Alabama and Florida - Alabama you have to be a certified teacher or you HS under the "umbrella" of a church school. In FL you have to do either yearly testing or have your child's portfolio evaluated by a certified teacher. And I HATE that HSing is given a bad name by weirdos like Homeland Security Dude and his Stepfordish spouse. My kids participated in all kinds of outside activities. One of them went to homecoming at the local HS. Both got into college just fine (one had a full ride between her SAT scores and early enrollment, graduating with a bachelor's without any debt. The other managed to work her way through college, getting scholarships from the hospital she worked at - now she's a nurse making a crap-ton of money). 

My JJ has been all jacked up between the school shootings and way too many new conferences, but I did enjoy the rerun where the woman trounced her way out of the court and into JJ's chambers. I wanted to see Byrd tackle her and take her out in shackles :D

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Tamara Mooney, the infamous "CURL MD" was back today, and made my blood curdle yet again.

Well, crap! I missed this rerun thanks to the breaking news of 10 drops of freezing rain in an area way west of me. Unless there is a tornado already formed and in the area, these egocentric weathermen need to back off. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

suing her 18-year old daughter for a 22-year old POS car she "loaned" to her

I always gotta love these garbage humans who never have any money yet always seem to buy "luxury" cars no matter how old believing they'll impress someone somewhere. That 22-year old Lexus is going to need repairs and it doesn't matter if it's a 22-year old Lexus or 1-year old Lexus, those parts are still expensive as hell. 

I also appreciated the rich irony of Shifty Mommy trying to portray herself as Mother Teresa by recounting how kind she is for taking in six orphaned children into her home own while she was there, in a courtroom, suing her flesh-and-blood child over some janketty jalopy. 

13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

We got a rerun of the classic case where a hairdresser parked all day in a private driveway; she "thought" it was the home of friends, but they had moved several months before.  When the homeowners came home and saw the vehicle, rather than flattening the tires or having it towed, they just parked behind it (it WAS their driveway), and figured the owner would knock on the door to ask them to let her move her car.  Well, they then went for a walk, and when dingbat got back to get her car, she COULD NOT BELIEVE IT.  Someone was blocking her in!!!!

So she knocked on their door; no answer.  So she walked through an unlocked door, saw their keys on a table, took them, moved THEIR car, then pulled her car out.  When she put the keys back in the house, she locked the door from the inside, because . . . as a good citizen . . . she did them a favor and secured their house from burglars.  Then, a couple of months later, she was at a dry cleaner across the street and bragged to the folks there about what she had done.  And in the world of karma, it turns out that the woman who worked at the cleaners was the sister of the homeowner.  (Ya can't make this stuff up!!!!)

JJ awarded the plaintiffs $5,000 for the stress the defendant put their family under, because all they knew was that someone had come into their house, taken their keys, moved their car, and then locked the keys in the house.  Defendant still doesn't "get" that what she did was wrong.  JJ encouraged plaintiffs to pursue criminal action against the defendant through the local prosecutor's office.

============

So why can't we also get Patricia Bean if we're showing classic old cases?  February sweeps month is almost over!!!!

What was worse is that they didn't want to have her car towed initially because they thought she was a legit doctor and someone had a medical emergency.  That woman had issues.

Didn't someone figure out eons ago that Patricia Bean was rather litigious?  Maybe she sued to prevent repeats?  Or maybe the neighbor who was having issues didn't want it aired, for fear people would figure her out?  Just tossing some ideas out there.  I haven't seen repeats of the one where the Auxiliary members of an organization called a woman a whore and whatnot in front of a whole room full of people either.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

I haven't seen repeats of the one where the Auxiliary members of an organization called a woman a whore and whatnot in front of a whole room full of people either.

I'm pretty sure I got that rerun about six months ago or so. It's a GEM! I think I kept it on the DVR but, what with 90 saved shows, it's gonna take me awhile before I can slog through them all to get a screenshot. 

And AMEN! to the missing case of Patricia Bean! I maintain that case was nothing more than a mass hallucination on all of our parts. 

I didn't know Curl MD was a rerun -- where have you been all my life, crazy-ass chick?  I would love to see  her spend some time in jail and learn about boundaries!

And for dessert, I get the walk-off mama.  She has such a bad temper that she at one time had custody of a "special needs" child before dad got custody.  Of course, she is not working because then she would have to pay child support.  No income, no luck, dad.  And she accused him of beating the kid -- I think, seeing her temper, that she's the one that beat the kid.  Dad, you made a kid with the wrong kind of crazy chick.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm pretty sure I got that rerun about six months ago or so. It's a GEM! I think I kept it on the DVR but, what with 90 saved shows, it's gonna take me awhile before I can slog through them all to get a screenshot. 

And AMEN! to the missing case of Patricia Bean! I maintain that case was nothing more than a mass hallucination on all of our parts. 

I stopped recording repeats about that same time, so I could have missed it. We were getting 5-6 episodes a day, and if I didn't get them off the DVR, we'd have an ungodly amount at the end of the week, and for some reason, my husband would not delete them.  He'd ff to the verdict, then ff to the end.  So one night I went in and adjusted the settings to new eps only.  Now I get 1-2 a day.  He didn't notice right away, then thanked me for doing it.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I stopped recording repeats about that same time

The only reason I'm recording the repeats is to catch and save the Patricia Bean episode. But at this point, I think I'd have better luck catching a g-damned leprechaun and using the pot of gold to buy the episode back from Viacom. 

I just put a comment on judgejudy.com:

"I'm part of an online discussion group, and Judge Judy is one of our favorite shows to discuss.  We've noticed some of the classic episodes being replayed this week, and we're all wondering - hoping - whether Patricia Bean will make an appearance."

• Love 16

Oooooh, you brave soul!    Can't wait for the response!   When I saw it, I wondered if she had some true "issues."  Maybe someone (or she) decided, in the spirit of not taking advantage of her circumstances, to pull it from the rotation.  Just an idear.  But I loved Curl MD and the gal who flounced past Byrd into the coffee lounge/makeup room/men's restroom/alleyway.  Could see that one over and over.  That and Bike Guy, and of course, Baby Boy!

• Love 7