Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

WTF did I just watch today? One defendant casually tosses out that her ex-boyfriend (sitting on the plaintiff's side) pimped her out when she was underage. Another defendant mentions that his wife was murdered practically as a throwaway line. Neither of those had much to do with the actual cases? I have no idea. (At least I followed the murdered wife case a little better than the pimp case.) Then some slightly odd-looking people were arguing over their barter arrangement involving an antique truck, an antique table, and a refrigerator of unknown vintage? I have a bad head cold. I can't sort this shit out.

Bonus points, though, for the kid who tried to submit his bike accident through his car insurance. After approximately a bajillion litigants who don't even have insurance, I think JJ appreciated that he at least tried. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, augmentedfourth said:

WTF did I just watch today? One defendant casually tosses out that her ex-boyfriend (sitting on the plaintiff's side) pimped her out when she was underage. Another defendant mentions that his wife was murdered practically as a throwaway line. Neither of those had much to do with the actual cases? I have no idea. (At least I followed the murdered wife case a little better than the pimp case.) Then some slightly odd-looking people were arguing over their barter arrangement involving an antique truck, an antique table, and a refrigerator of unknown vintage? I have a bad head cold. I can't sort this shit out. 

We’re in the middle of a period called sweeps, where advertising rates are determined for all the television stations. This happens in November and February. The rates are set on how many eyeballs are watching, so I assume they’re running what should be the better cases now (and twice a day).

Bonus points, though, for the kid who tried to submit his bike accident through his car insurance

And, yes, his (or his parents') homeowners' insurance policy would have covered it.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I figured the pimp's car was stolen to begin with,

So I said I was taking a pass on the teenaged pimps 'n hoes, but it was only when I heard about  the incredibly round-headed De'Anthony bashing in def's empty head (but she went back to him after the head bashing because he called her - who wouldn't?) that I realized this was that case. No thanks. I just dined on salmon filet and a nice California chardonnay and needed no attacks of nausea. 

I much preferred super-dumb big blob Casey Morris, who, in the terminal stages of desperation, implored the billowing, fugly "TJ"  with the nasty missing teeth to go to Laughlin (Laughlin Laughlin Laughlin - must be something awfully good there!)for a sweet double date,  so was happy to pay for him. His illiterates "texes" promised to pay her back, but she'd have to get in line as he had more pressing matters, like bail, rent, bills, etc. He wasn't working because it only occured to him eight months after the event that he was upset by his wife's murder. Just think, someone wanted to marry it. Undestandable that a revolting, deadbeat loser like "TJ" thinks he's "all that." He has to beat the women off him with a stick, I guess. I hope Walter was watching this. Casey might be just the woman for him. 

More weird swapping/bartering/trade of an ancient truck that shockingly is worth 5500$ (but probably not in the disasterous condition it was in) for a table and a fridge - how annoying was the def. "Holliday" (no relation to Doc, I'm sure) a hobbit who could not stop grinning? Okay these cases are somewhat entertaining, but sometimes I sit and think, "This is how these people live. This is normal life to them." Not referring to this case in particular, just in general. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I came across this last night:

Thanks. Love it! My brother refuses to watch this show and sneers at me because I do, so I sent him a video I made of this and TPC and I said just that - "I love smart women with power!" Yes. 

• Love 5

Mr. Musgrave, you disgusting slob, if you want to be a big-time scammer, you really need to understand that you are too stupid and dumb to succeed, as is your future daughter-in-law, who asked you to drive her to get welfare in preparation for the joyous nuptials with your son, who must be quite a catch. Plaintiff, who was outrageously scammed, didn't need to say much to win over that POS idiot.

Amanda is 21 and has been arrested I don't know how many times, for drugs and theft or whatever. She's suing her former paramour, Tommy Baker, who seemed to think he was auditioning for a sitcom. It's normal to get into physical altercations with your beloved, isn't it? I don't know how their argument came about, since I was not able to understand anything Tommy said. But maybe that was the problem. Maybe Amanda thought he said something he didn't, thus she felt justified in giving him a few facial scratches.

• Love 6

Ms. Irish, don't pull your head in like that. It gives you about 16 folds under your chin. She was shocked and disbelieving that her sweet, angelic and darling baby boy with the incredibly huge head was not loved and adored by JJ. Watching this - as watching teenaged boys often does - made me all the more amazed and appalled at grown women who choose to be cougars.  Really? Anyway, Ms. Irish can make her Precious Snowflake pay for the car damage. I wish we could have seen the girl who was the cause of these silly sissy/hissy fits. She's got some incredible taste in boys.

• Love 14

I was just going to say that Miss Natalie must be some catch to have all the fine young men scrapping for her.

On the other hand maybe I'm a bit jealous.  Never, ever in my entire life have I ever had a gaggle of men fighting for or over me with bats and cars.  Never. 

And one more random thought....you can tell it's sweeps month.  JJ sure is sassy. 

I'd say she's auditioning for something but then I'm reminded that she already has the job.

4 minutes ago, Quof said:

It's Dr. Irish.  

An actual MD.  (Yes, I googled).

So as an MD I think it's a safe assumption that she has a few extra dollars in the bank.  Not necessarily rolling in dough but a few.

Jeepers, the way she was behaving you'd think she was one step away from living in said car that was attacked with a bat. 

Sheesh.

1 minute ago, PsychoKlown said:

Never, ever in my entire life have I ever had a gaggle of men fighting for or over me with bats and cars.  Never. 

Neither has Natalie. If I had that gaggle of pallid sissies and Mommie's boys fighting over me, I don't think I would want to brag about it. 

• Love 13
Just now, AngelaHunter said:

Neither has Natalie. If I had that gaggle of pallid sissies and Mommie's boys fighting over me, I don't think I would want to brag about it. 

LOL.  That's why she was a no-show.  Not even the lure of a trip to California with a hotel room and hot meal could convince her to show her face. 

12 minutes ago, Quof said:

It's Dr. Irish.  

An actual MD.  (Yes, I googled).

An ophthalmologist! Whose face looked like a thumb. 

I think those boys all looked like they attended some boarding school for budding sociopaths. Poor Natalie. Getting passed around like the town bicycle. 

41 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Tommy Baker, who seemed to think he was auditioning for a sitcom.

I was honestly laughing out loud when he kept throwing the side eye over to the MDMA-hole. 

Well, to be accurate, the "Aweful Battle of the Twinks" involved no physicality and  was resolved because def had a baseball bat - maybe from an older brother or maybe HIS mommy plays softball - whatever, but his derring-do won the heart of the Fair Natalie. The only casuality was DR. Irish's car and judging from the appearance of the def, the damage was probably minor. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

An ophthalmologist! Whose face looked like a thumb.

LOL!  She really didn't appear to have near as many smarts as one would need to be an MD, I thought.

5 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, to be accurate, the "Aweful Battle of the Twinks"

Twinks is the perfect word here. :)

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

his derring-do won the heart of the Fair Natalie.  

That is, until the next Twink throws her a wink.

Then....she's off to the races.

Town bike.  Snickers.

Doctor Irish just couldn't get it through her head that it is Okay to defend yourself with a ballbat when you are being accosted by 3-4 angry young men!  You know, outnumbered?  But, but.. he hit my CAR with it!  He can't do that!  I was rollin'!

• Love 7

You know, JJ was right.  Dr. Mommy would be terrified if 4 teenagers came over to her house at night while she was home alone to have a ‘conversation’ to set her straight about something.  I would be.  I’m a little surprised that she took her sons side, as if heading over in a gang was the right and manly thing to do.  

I hope they watch this show over and over again. And see how foolish they look...

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, LisainCali said:

You know, JJ was right.  Dr. Mommy would be terrified if 4 teenagers came over to her house at night while she was home alone to have a ‘conversation’ to set her straight about something.

Generally true, but not those teenagers. We've seen women on this show who could easily take on the whole gang of them without breaking a sweat. Hell, Patricia Bean could take them on. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Doctor Irish just couldn't get it through her head that it is Okay to defend yourself with a ballbat when you are being accosted by 3-4 angry young men!  You know, outnumbered?  But, but.. he hit my CAR with it!  He can't do that!  I was rollin'!

She should count her blessings that her little angel's brains weren't spilled on the hood, and that no firearms were involved.

Credit card moron is a moron in front of 56 million people. Well done, digging your heels in being a blithering idiot. I loved the plaintiff's hair, it was a work of art. She seemed smart except when it came for Mr "I think I can lie to JJ's face and look like a genius."

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Generally true, but not those teenagers. We've seen women on this show who could easily take on the whole gang of them without breaking a sweat. Hell, Patricia Bean could take them on. 

I think those boys would burst out crying and need years of reparative therapy if someone even tussled their carefully curated coifs. 

Sociopaths. All of them.

2 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I think those boys all looked like they attended some boarding school for budding sociopaths.

So much this! One look at that smirk and any casting director worth their salt would be shopping them around for the next Billionaire Boys Club remake.

*googles* Huh. They're filming one right now.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, she did date them one right after the other, and in pretty quick succession, so her standards are pretty clear.

Just saying.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 6

That scam with the Triple A tow truck driver scheming to facilitate a deal with his friend to fix the car by driving the customer to a specific gas station where the friend just happens to pass by wanting to buy exactly that truck... that's a new one for me.

I'm unclear on how a friend of a friend of the future daughter-in-law on her way to the welfare office was able to get a lien on the plaintiff's truck.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

That scam with the Triple A tow truck driver scheming to facilitate a deal with his friend to fix the car by driving the customer to a specific gas station where the friend just happens to pass by wanting to buy exactly that truck... that's a new one for me.

I'd never heard of that either, but I thought the plaintiff looked like he'd had a stroke, since his words were a little mushy while he was testifying and his mouth was a bit lopsided. Shame on those people either way for trying to take advantage of an old man. Glad JJ gave him his money back.

• Love 6

Triple-A Scammer! I was just reminded of a great JJ line (paraphrased because it's 5:30 in the morning and I can't remember my own name right now): 

JJ: Do you get where I'm going, sir?

TAS: (knows but refused to acknowledge): No.

JJ: Yes, you do.

TAS: No, I don't. (Yes he does.)

JJ: Sir, I have 100 billion viewers, even the dumbest viewer I have gets where I'm going. Are you dumber than the dumbest viewer I have?

TAS: giphy.gif

12 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Well, to be accurate, the "Aweful Battle of the Twinks" involved no physicality and  was resolved because def had a baseball bat - maybe from an older brother or maybe HIS mommy plays softball - whatever, but his derring-do won the heart of the Fair Natalie. The only casuality was DR. Irish's car and judging from the appearance of the def, the damage was probably minor. 

About this case: the instigator of this all (was his name Matt?) reminded me of James Spader from practically any movie from the 1980s, but especially Pretty in Pink: the semi-good looking guy who can think of nothing better to do than amuse himself by creating trouble in the lives of others and then standing back and watching it all unfold.  That kid is trouble.  And the doctor's son who went only went along because he had nothing better to do?  Better he learn that hard lesson now instead of when he's older and the stakes are higher.  Staying home and watching the grass grow is something better to do than get swept up in someone else's drama, especially when that someone is adept at avoiding the harshest consequences of his actions.  From my armchair quarterbacking position: Dr. Mommy's son isn't the alpha bully-er, but part of the chorus of hanger's on - the toadies who are the perpetual back-up singers for the bullies.  Dr. Mommy should send the chorus singer for some assertiveness training; he didn't seem as bad as James Spader 2.0, but he has to find his own backbone.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, nora1992 said:

From my armchair quarterbacking position: Dr. Mommy's son isn't the alpha bully-er, but part of the chorus of hanger's on - the toadies who are the perpetual back-up singers for the bullies.  Dr. Mommy should send the chorus singer for some assertiveness training; he didn't seem as bad as James Spader 2.0, but he has to find his own backbone.

Can't you just see his future trial for murder when his cronies are in robbing a bank with guns and he's driving the getaway car?  "I didn't have anything else to do, so I agreed to drive them over to make a withdrawal, your honor."  Blink, blink, blink.

• Love 3

Trying to figure out how DR. Irish's car got damaged if it were parked more than a block away.   I wanted to hear more details about the actual "physical altercation."  Before JJ kicked their tiny hineys to the curb. 

• Love 6

I want to know what happened to the AAA tow truck driver who seemed to be in on the scam.  AAA is a reputable firm . . . they are unlikely to tolerate this type of behavior, especially since "AAA" was mentioned so many times during the case.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I'm unclear on how a friend of a friend of the future daughter-in-law on her way to the welfare office was able to get a lien on the plaintiff's truck.

Oh yeah, that's the part that mystified me, too. To the point where I wondered if the plaintiff would/should get more than the $400 and change he gave the sleazy defendant. How does that work? If I leave my car at a shop I believe to reputable for a day or to, does that mean any Joe Schmo off the street can put a lien on it?

Everything else has been covered nicely. When I saw that group of pasty thug wannabes, all I could think was "god, I'm glad I'm not in high school anymore". Though my longest high school boyfriend did look like the love child of Sacha Baron Cohen and Michael Phelps. I don't blame Natalie for not being tempted by this free trip to California. I'm also glad JJ made the defendant/current boyfriend clarify the dates he'd been dating her, because with what he originally said, it sounded like Natalie was dating both him and wiseass plaintiff's friend at the same time. And poor Natalie's honor already got a little bit of a ding, we wouldn't want to make it any worse.

• Love 3

Dr. Irish did everything she could to protect her special snowflake from suffering any kind of consequence whatsoever for his bad decisions.  She repeatedly told JJ that even though he should not have gone over to the defendant's home with the rest of the 'gang' there's no reason she should have to pay for her damaged car.  She should be grateful that the defendant chose to hit the car with the baseball bat rather than her son.  I know that if a gang of 3-4 people were coming for me I would stay indoors and call the police.  However, if for some reason I was outside and had a baseball bat in my hands for some unknown reason, I would totally use it in order to defend myself.  The mom seemed incredulous that JJ didn't immediately realize that her precious baby didn't have anything else to do and should therefore be an innocent in this mess.  Maybe he should do homework or community service...

So, in all of Reno, Nevada is there only 1 teenage girl for these boys to date?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

So, in all of Reno, Nevada is there only 1 teenage girl for these boys to date?

I bet Natalie is one of the scary new breed of teenaged girls we've seen before - the corrupt 15-year old Lolita/Bad Seed combo who looks like a 25-year old stripper, gives good head and gets all the little boys into post-pubescent hormonal tizzies. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, nora1992 said:

About this case: the instigator of this all (was his name Matt?) reminded me of James Spader from practically any movie from the 1980s, but especially Pretty in Pink: the semi-good looking guy who can think of nothing better to do than amuse himself by creating trouble in the lives of others and then standing back and watching it all unfold.  That kid is trouble.  And the doctor's son who went only went along because he had nothing better to do?  Better he learn that hard lesson now instead of when he's older and the stakes are higher.  Staying home and watching the grass grow is something better to do than get swept up in someone else's drama, especially when that someone is adept at avoiding the harshest consequences of his actions.  From my armchair quarterbacking position: Dr. Mommy's son isn't the alpha bully-er, but part of the chorus of hanger's on - the toadies who are the perpetual back-up singers for the bullies.  Dr. Mommy should send the chorus singer for some assertiveness training; he didn't seem as bad as James Spader 2.0, but he has to find his own backbone.

I think that's why PIP is my least-favorite of that whole group of movies from the 80's.  It's too close to home.  I went to school with kids just like that, and in that timeframe.  Good looking kids with well connected families that loved nothing more than to do drugs, act up, and not pay any consequences because their families bought their way out of everything they ever did.  I never understood if they were blind, or just stupid (the parents).  I got super sick and tired of the one kid - a coke-head who had a powerful dad and a blind mom.  I confronted his mother once with hard core proof her kid was tormenting me.  She just looked at me and said "My Joey (not his right name) is a good boy." and she looked away.  My parents NEVER accepted "Well, everyone else was doing it" as an excuse.  Never.  And they shouldn't have.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I bet Natalie is one of the scary new breed of teenaged girls we've seen before - the corrupt 15-year old Lolita/Bad Seed combo who looks like a 25-year old stripper, gives good head and gets all the little boys into post-pubescent hormonal tizzies. 

Maybe she IS a 25-year-old stripper who hasn't finished high school yet?

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Jamoche said:

So much this! One look at that smirk and any casting director worth their salt would be shopping them around for the next Billionaire Boys Club remake.

*googles* Huh. They're filming one right now.

I was thinking more  of a production about the Hitler youth.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

I was going for Lord of the Flies or Village of the Damned (the Baseball Version).

57 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

These little Natalie-loving pansy-asses would never last an hour in the Hitler youth. They'd be curled in the fetal position crying for their mommies within an hour.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Look y'all, I am fond of every single  one of you but please, stop bringing my beloved James Spader and all  the characters he has ever portrayed into this mess. He is perfection to me and I won't have his PIP character brought down to the level of being compared to these wannabe amateurs. 

Yes, now you know my secret. I am one of those James Spader weirdos. haha

Oh geez, me too, ever since Jack's Back.  I did envy plaintiff's hair though, but he must go to a private school, no?  Because there's no way he'd make it through first period in any normal public school without having to re-coif.

Anyhoo, JJ disappointed me greatly in the Homeland Security/Home Schooled case.  Yeah, she was confronted with a couple of system-abusing nincompoops (both parties), but JJ herself appeared ill-informed.  Yes, government workers work from home because there isn't enough office space to accommodate them -- especially in Homeland Security.  And no, people who home-school don't need special training, but (correct me if I'm wrong) their students do need to pass tests in order to succeed, get a diploma, etc.  Aren't they usually supervised by a school system/school board? 

JJ needed to put on her listening ears, but she was too engrossed in making the litigants look like fools.  But we didn't learn enough about what either of them did to make them look foolish, because JJ spent the whole episode trying to embarrass the plaintiff. 

• Love 12

people who home-school don't need special training, but (correct me if I'm wrong) their students do need to pass tests in order to succeed, get a diploma, etc.  Aren't they usually supervised by a school system/school board? 

Nope.  Exhibit A: The Turpin family, who imprisoned their children and no school inspector ever visited.

Exhibit 2: The Duggars

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Anyhoo, JJ disappointed me greatly in the Homeland Security/Home Schooled case. 

She also disappointed me greatly in the landlord/handyman case.

IIRC, the case just started and as she's recapping the complaint she says to the defendant something to the effect "now you're a different type of handyman".  The poor guy looked stunned.   He ticked off the landlady because he started dating one of her room tenants.  Apparently landlady didn't like the idea of her handyman spending the night with his girlfriend.

I 'm not debating the landlady's rules but I thought JJ's statement to him to be on the vulgar side.

He seemed to be a quiet man who did not deserve that cheap shot. 

She really should have kept that gem for someone who deserved it.

9 hours ago, nora1992 said:

From my armchair quarterbacking position: Dr. Mommy's son isn't the alpha bully-er, but part of the chorus of hanger's on - the toadies who are the perpetual back-up singers for the bullies.

Didn't see this, but it sounds like he's also they type to be the ONLY one caught - that's why his "buddies" keep him around. The alpha-bullyers are often smart enough to not get caught.

• Love 2