Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

On 2/5/2018 at 10:29 PM, augmentedfourth said:

Oh, thank god, I thought I was the only one thinking of Austin Powers during that hot mess of a case. "Mole... Mole... MOLEY, MOLEY, MOLEY, MOLEY, MOLEY!!!"

I just ran across this and needed to share:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, basiltherat said:

Gravel voiced Gertie (mom)

And her last name is Birdsong! If ever a name didn't even come close to suiting a person, it's hers.

ETA: JJ is absolutely gobsmacked that two twenty-somethings with jobs are living in a car. I am ... well, not that shocked that she's that clueless. In the SF Bay Area the local news ran a story about college professors who were living in cars, and one would hope they make slightly more than forklift operators and sales clerks.

Edited by Jamoche
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Jamoche said:

And her last name is Birdsong! If ever a name didn't even come close to suiting a person, it's hers.

ETA: JJ is absolutely gobsmacked that two twenty-somethings with jobs are living in a car. I am ... well, not that shocked that she's that clueless. In the SF Bay Area the local news ran a story about college professors who were living in cars, and one would hope they make slightly more than forklift operators and sales clerks.

She is completely out of touch from the real world.  She cannot IMAGINE a reality where you don't have, at hand, enough cash to rent an apartment/house first last and deposit!  "Aren't you both working?"   Gads.

• Love 8

I do think Judge Judy is out of touch with today's financial realities. Perhaps because it's a crazy world. We should expect that two people, working a full time and a part time job, should be able to afford rent! I got the slight impression that she registered surprise, and perhaps, awareness of her being out of touch, after the exchange.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Jamoche said:

It made me so angry. The girl was 19. I don't know many 19 year olds with full time jobs even if they want one. Plus, working part time doesn't actually mean picking up a few hours here and there for most people. I really get the sense that JJ thinks of a part-time job as 12 or 15 hours a week and the rest of the time the person is sitting at home doing squat. You can work over 30 hours a week and still be a part-time employee without benefits and making minimum wage or just a bit better. We don't really know her situation and JJ always makes the less charitable assumption. Always. The forklift operator probably makes a bit more money, but if they were living with family before and suddenly needed to find a place of their own that means first months rent and a security deposit upfront and they may not have had that saved. Depending on exactly where they lived (I didn't pay close enough attention to catch that) that can really add up and they might have needed to spend a few weeks in a car while they were saving up that money.

These two young people were working, living on their own and paying their rent and bills. They weren't getting money from a parent. They weren't getting money from the government. What was JJ's problem?

• Love 12
14 hours ago, basiltherat said:

BF put a car in mom's name because he can't owe anything due to OWING BACK CHILD SUPPORT on his many children. 

Yeah, and ignorant girlfriend assisted the deadbeat Klingon in taking food from his other kids (who knows how many). She thought it would be a good idea to have a kid with him too, because for SURE he'll pay child support for that one, right? Mamma was a vicious harridan. Oh, and also Klingon. 

On 2/7/2018 at 10:00 AM, Giant Misfit said:

. I present Exhibit A:

Oh, god. I didn't need that.  That thing looks like it's covered in fur, like a mink brooch. 

As for the kids living in a car: They could afford to start paying 750$/month to live in one room in the stupid def's apartment. I think they've been kicked out of every place they've "stayed" because of their stupid childish fighting and drinking. Yeah, they have money to spare for booze. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, vibeology said:

These two young people were working, living on their own and paying their rent and bills. They weren't getting money from a parent. They weren't getting money from the government. What was JJ's problem?

I don't think she had a "problem". Throw a rock at me if you want, but I'd have asked if both of them were working as well if they admitted they were living in their car, particularly since the girl was only 19 and the boyfriend couldn't have been much older. Where the hell are the parents in a situation like that? Sure, it's great that they're working and not living on someone else's dime, but there must have been something else afoot if they had to resort to using an automobile as a residence. #FilthyElitist

• Love 3
On 2/6/2018 at 4:14 PM, basiltherat said:

while suffering from asmar

Sucks to your asmar! (Also, I love you for this reference.)

Nobody's talking yet about the willow-weaving hippie hobbit and his gate easement, getting a beatdown from neighbor 1980s Stacy Keach?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, pagooey said:

Nobody's talking yet about the willow-weaving hippie hobbit and his gate easement, getting a beatdown from neighbor 1980s Stacy Keach?

I have a really uncomfortable feeling with those two...it would not surprise me in the least if we were to hear that one of them crossed a line they can't uncross.  They both get off antagonizing each other (either sport, spite or machismo) and it doesn't look like it will end anytime soon.

JJ never, ever believed that he didn't let the air out of the tire.  No way.  But she was right - you can't pummel someone because you think (or know) they monkeyed with your tires. 

What I don't understand is why you would choose to live in an environment that's so toxic.  I do get that everyone can't "a-move" but if that's the case, wouldn't you at best try to make peace or at least ignore the neighbor that irritates you.

And my take is that Mr. Willow-weave isn't as calm as he projects - I suspect he has one foul temper.  His neighbor, while professing his innocence certainly does have a temper - busting an eardrum takes one strong wallop.  Mr. Willow-weave pushed his luck a bit too much.

2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I don't think she had a "problem". Throw a rock at me if you want, but I'd have asked if both of them were working as well if they admitted they were living in their car, particularly since the girl was only 19 and the boyfriend couldn't have been much older. Where the hell are the parents in a situation like that? Sure, it's great that they're working and not living on someone else's dime, but there must have been something else afoot if they had to resort to using an automobile as a residence. #FilthyElitist

I'll help you dodge the rocks! My daughter moved out, with a "only had it for 24-hour" fast food job, to move in with boyfriend because someone told her she could do whatever she wanted at age 21.  She had zero dollars, he had about the same, and both quit their jobs in a couple of months because they didn't like them.  Fortunately, for them, they moved in with HIS parents, after finding out that "Playing grownup" isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Yes, these two JJ kids are living in a car, but I'm guessing they had other options somewhere, and somehow those blew up.  But good that the are at least working.  

And I agree, "part time," these days especially, OFTEN means 30+ hours a week.  My son  has one of those.  But he also has an 8-12 hour-a-week PT job.   Thinks he wants to move out.  But after hearing how much his car ins. will be, is rethinking things.  Earning money = spending money, and he hasn't yet figured out it doesn't have to be that way. 

Now get off my lawn...

• Love 7

I'm new around these boards.  The young people living in their car...that's happening way too much in the San Francisco area. S somehow on YouTube I started getting recommended videos of people who have channels about how they live in their car!  Rent is unaffordable in that area and not on par with wages. It's even college professors and programmers working in silicone valley.  It's fascinating.  They build out SUVs or vans and some live in small RVs. They have gym memberships to use the bathrooms.

Judge Judy does seem out of touch with reality. Maybe because she is forced to interact too often with the dregs of society. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, pagooey said:

OH gawd. Tiny, passive-aggressive little twerp: "It's legal to start making noise and waking everyone up at 7:00 so that's what I do, because screw the neighbours." I've heard that before and what it means is that this little asshole shouldn't be living anywhere near people. Yeah, it's legal but that doesn't mean you should do it, you little shit. Def was certainly in the wrong for bopping him, but I really understand why he "lost" it. I'm surprised no one else smacked him one before. Anyway, these are two mature, seemingly intelligent and well-spoken people and they behave like toddlers in a playground. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

OH gawd. Tiny, passive-aggressive little twerp: "It's legal to start making noise and waking everyone up at 7:00 so that's what I do, because screw the neighbours." I've heard that before and what it means is that this little asshole shouldn't be living anywhere near people. Yeah, it's legal but that doesn't mean you should do it, you little shit. Def was certainly in the wrong for bopping him, but I really understand why he "lost" it. I'm surprised no one else smacked him one before. Anyway, these are two mature, seemingly intelligent and well-spoken people and they behave like toddlers in a playground. 

I was also thinking willow twig weaver guy needs to move out to the country where he can't bother other people or be bothered. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Tiny, passive-aggressive little twerp: "It's legal to start making noise and waking everyone up at 7:00 so that's what I do, because screw the neighbours."

He actually said he fires up his compressor every morning at SIX.  Then he said, it is legal at SEVEN.  So he knows first off he is breaking the law, and secondly, I don't know how his neighbors have restrained themselves from putting a terrible hurt on him.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

OH gawd. Tiny, passive-aggressive little twerp: "It's legal to start making noise and waking everyone up at 7:00 so that's what I do, because screw the neighbours."  

I swear I can hear the intro to Fear Thy Neighbor with those two.  And just like I said above, it's only a matter of short time before one of them is seriously injured or worse. 

We had some wild turkeys roaming our street.  Very aggressive.  They chased our neighbor (who has plenty of height and plenty of muscle) running in the house from the driveway because he was so fearful.  Our street was empty - everyone was petrified of being chased by the three wild turkeys.  Unfortunately there is nothing you can do in Massachusetts to get rid of them because they're a protected specie.  

Fast forward a few weeks later, two of the turkeys were dead in the street.  Nobody saw nuttin'.  We're not even sure how they died because animal control came and swept them up in a big machine.  Never saw the third turkey again.  My husband thinks he (the third turkey) saw something and was put in the witness protection program. 

Anyway, those two had better take a lesson from Tom, Tomasina and Tommy Turkey.    It's not worth it.  You can only push neighbors so much before they retaliate and you end up in a big old sweeping machine with neighbors watching claiming they saw nuttin'.

Edited by PsychoKlown

The case today with the man suing his next door neighbor because of a tree falling on his fence was stupid. I'm a little confused. First of all, doesn't he have homeowner's insurance? If he does, why didn't he file a claim and let them go after the neighbor? JJ said the tree wasn't healthy, but that's speculation on her part. Act of God is insurance parlance for "this isn't anybody's fault". It doesn't necessarily mean the tree was dead. I hope the neighbor who got sued tells his insurance company, because if that tries to file a claim, that would constitute fraud. As a matter of fact, he might've tried to go through HOI and they told him the same thing, so he went to small claims court.

I...just don't think, under the circumstances, that the neighbor was liable. If we had proof he was somehow negligent, that's one thing. But a bad storm coming and knocking over a tree? I don't know.

The case with guy in the condo who rented his room out to the woman was also stupid. He had a dumb case, but I thought the tenant was a little...weird, too. I know it might've been weird for him to ask her out and whatnot, and I'm not saying she should've responded to his advances, but the guy seemed a little lonely. She said after the case that he would not have asked a man to go to the jacuzzi with him. Fair point. Then again, if he were a woman, or gay for that matter (no offense meant), I doubt she would've been so freaked out by the question, either. He didn't seem to be into her like that, although maybe he was trying to play it off because he was on TV.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, 27bored said:

The case with guy in the condo who rented his room out to the woman was also stupid

Oh, Walter, Walter, Walter. He wanted an in-home girlfriend, a captive audience so to speak. But first I must ask the ladies here: How many of you would move into a bedroom in a little condo with a man who is a total stranger to you?  Anyway, Walter really pushed the limit with the Avacado Festival. That's serious business right there. Walter - you are not Tom Selleck. Issa didn't want to "put on her bikini" and accompany you to the bacteria soup... I mean hot tub. If you can't afford your little, two-bedroom condo without moving strangers in, sell it and get a one-bedroom. OR, if you desperately want a woman who will latch onto you like a frickin' lamprey and do whatever you want, just watch back eps of this show and take names. You'll find a slew of women. You might regret it, but they'll come a runnin'. 

Tree case was a bore, with two more adult men sniping at each other like school children. Sissy Def. needs his big strong sister to fight his battles for him. Too bad she can't keep her big mouth shut and got herded out by Bryd. And what's wrong with Byrd, anyway? Tennis elbow?

41 minutes ago, 27bored said:

if he were a woman, or gay for that matter (no offense meant), I doubt she would've been so freaked out by the question, either.

She didn't want to do anything with him that smacked of any kind of intimacy whatsover. A gay man or another (straight) woman inviting her to the yucky hot tub wouldn't be the same. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Oh, Walter, Walter, Walter. He wanted an in-home girlfriend, a captive audience so to speak. But first I must ask the ladies here: How many of you would move into a bedroom in a little condo with a man who is a total stranger to you?  Anyway, Walter really pushed the limit with the Avacado Festival. That's serious business right there. Walter - you are not Tom Selleck. Issa didn't want to "put on her bikini" and accompany you to the bacteria soup... I mean hot tub. If you can't afford your little, two-bedroom condo without moving strangers in, sell it and get a one-bedroom. OR, if you desperately want a woman who will latch onto you like a frickin' lamprey and do whatever you want, just watch back eps of this show and take names. You'll find a slew of women. You might regret it, but they'll come a runnin'. 

Tree case was a bore, with two more adult men sniping at each other like school children. Sissy Def. needs his big strong sister to fight his battles for him. Too bad she can't keep her big mouth shut and got herded out by Bryd. And what's wrong with Byrd, anyway? Tennis elbow?

Walter was creepy as hell.  Yeah he wanted a live-in gf or FwB, and she just wasn't going for it.  I was cheering for JJ when she ruled against Casanova. 

O/T I am excited as all get out: Olympics start tonight!!

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

If you can't afford your little, two-bedroom condo without moving strangers in, sell it and get a one-bedroom. OR, if you desperately want a woman who will latch onto you like a frickin' lamprey and do whatever you want, just watch back eps of this show and take names. You'll find a slew of women. You might regret it, but they'll come a runnin'. 

Or, move into your car!!

This cracked me up. I think we need to create a better collective noun for "a slew of [Judge Judy Show] women."  The competition is open! Too bad "murder" (of crows) is already taken.

A "groan" of women? Hmmm...

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I think we need to create a better collective noun for "a slew of [Judge Judy Show] women." 

I just looked up some collective nouns for animals. One or more of them may suit:

A plague/cloud/horde/covey/gaggle/shoal/herd/swarm/troop/pack/cackle 

I vote for the last. "A cackle of JJ women". How's that?

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, 27bored said:

The case with guy in the condo who rented his room out to the woman was also stupid. He had a dumb case, but I thought the tenant was a little...weird, too. I know it might've been weird for him to ask her out and whatnot, and I'm not saying she should've responded to his advances, but the guy seemed a little lonely. She said after the case that he would not have asked a man to go to the jacuzzi with him. Fair point. Then again, if he were a woman, or gay for that matter (no offense meant), I doubt she would've been so freaked out by the question, either. He didn't seem to be into her like that, although maybe he was trying to play it off because he was on TV.

That guy was a grade A creeper. I believe the tenant when she said he asked her to the jacuzzi over and over. There was also something disturbing about the way the plaintiff kept talking about how she was stressed from work. And his creepiness was strong enough that you could see the women in the gallery all reacting in very similar ways. That guy wanted a live in girlfriend and I don't blame the tenant for getting out as quickly as possible. 

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, vibeology said:

And his creepiness was strong enough that you could see the women in the gallery all reacting in very similar ways.

I didn't notice the audience, but I had the same reaction to ol' creepy Walter. It took him SO long to find the perfect roomie  - an attractive, single woman who seemed to be on her own and maybe a little desperate for a place to live. That's what he wanted. No couples, because of all the "noise" they make. Hard to say, because he started babbling then, the way all litigants do when they trying to excuse their behavior. Maybe he means no couple because they might have sex while Walter lies alone in his little beddie, all envious and biting his own hand or... something. 

15 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

A whine of women?

Hmm. Considering what most of the women are like on this show, something a little more forceful is needed. A "wallop"? I didn't know this was a game, but I like it. 

BTW, preview for tomorrow? Teenaged pimps 'n hoes? I'm out. 

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 12

It is a game.  It's called "The Venereal Game," of all things, from the hunters (something like venari in Latin) who used to name particular groups of animals.  And then it got expanded to other groups.  The way we used to play it, someone would give a particular type of person--or profession, whatever--and we'd try to come up with the best name for the group of those people.  Like a clack of typists, say.  I guess you had to be an English major. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I didn't notice the audience, but I had the same reaction to ol' creepy Walter. It took him SO long to find the perfect roomie  - an attractive, single woman who seemed to be on her own and maybe a little desperate for a place to live. That's what he wanted. No couples, because of all the "noise" they make. Hard to say, because he started babbling then, the way all litigants do when they trying to excuse their behavior. Maybe he means no couple because they might have sex while Walter lies alone in his little beddie, all envious and biting his own hand or... something. 

Though it wasn't specified, I'd be willing to bet money that the reason Creepy Walter rejected all five (five!) of the potential replacement roommates the defendant brought to him was none of them were attractive single women. And I bet the defendant chose those potential replacements wisely and is a good person for not foisting a new Pretty Young Thing onto him so she could cut and run faster. I believe everything she said about his hot tub invitations and how they included specific mention of a bikini.

1 hour ago, 27bored said:

The case today with the man suing his next door neighbor because of a tree falling on his fence was stupid. I'm a little confused. First of all, doesn't he have homeowner's insurance? If he does, why didn't he file a claim and let them go after the neighbor? JJ said the tree wasn't healthy, but that's speculation on her part. Act of God is insurance parlance for "this isn't anybody's fault". It doesn't necessarily mean the tree was dead. I hope the neighbor who got sued tells his insurance company, because if that tries to file a claim, that would constitute fraud. As a matter of fact, he might've tried to go through HOI and they told him the same thing, so he went to small claims court.

I...just don't think, under the circumstances, that the neighbor was liable. If we had proof he was somehow negligent, that's one thing. But a bad storm coming and knocking over a tree? I don't know.

I felt the same way, because I was in an extremely similar situation when Hurricane Sandy hit. Our eastern neighbor's tree fell onto our property, taking out the power lines, our lampposts, and the windshield of my car. (Just missed the house, though!) A tree on our property fell onto the western neighbor's property, destroying a section of their fence and their entire shed. We all cleaned up whatever was on our own properties and filed our own insurance claims. This was a few months after we bought our house, and when we moved in, we had a tree service come and evaluate all our tree. The one that fell was perfectly healthy, but I guess we would have had some liability if it wasn't. (And we didn't see proof either way on the JJ case.)

We actually asked around to find out if we'd be liable for anything if the western neighbors pushed it, because while we get along with them, the wife's mother can be a bit of a pill. (Starting on the very first day we moved in and she came up, banged on our door, and told me I had parked too close to her car and she needed to leave. Even though I was parked in front of my house. And she was parked in front of her daughter's house. And there was no one behind her. Yeah.) At one point, the mother confronted my husband and my father when they were outside and screamed at them for not being neighborly and not offering to cover any of the damage, and she couldn't understand how they were able to look anyone in the eye because of it. (Remember, we had damage to our property, too, and didn't flip our shit on the other neighbors.) We like to think that our neighbor/daughter either doesn't know what her mother gets up to, or if/when she finds out about it, is all "oh my god, Mom, you did WHAT?!?"

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Why does Bert always look off somewhere while he is bringing something to Judge Judy?

I’ve noticed that, too. I think Byrd is being respectful of Judge Judy by not looking at the papers or items he is bringing to her.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Hmm. Considering what most of the women are like on this show, something a little more forceful is needed. A "wallop"? I didn't know this was a game, but I like it. 

BTW, preview for tomorrow? Teenaged pimps 'n hoes? I'm out. 

I noticed the women in the audience cringing. One woman whose head was behind Walter’s shoulder was making disgusted faces.

I’m not sure about the rental situation in Ventura, California, but renting in the San Francisco Bay Area is ridiculous. A room in a tiny condo for under $1000/month is considered a bargain. Walter is so creepy that he should pay a woman to live with him. Men in the Bay Area do advertise free or cheap rooms on Craigslist, requesting attractive “struggling students” or “single mothers” who might trade FWB for lodging. It’s a sad, sad, situation. I count my blessings.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Didn't the guy say that the pressure was low? As in, not even an actual flat tire? One tire was a little soft?

Yeah, I think so. It is not unusual for a tire to have a slow leak that only leaks if the car parks with a certain part of the tread on the ground. I have had that happen a few times when there is a nail in the tire but the nail head has been ground off by the pavement, making it very hard to see, and it only leaks when the nail is on the ground (and not always then). Not that it is impossible that the hobbit did it, but the defendant was so primed to jump to a conclusion that it didn't really matter.

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:53 AM, Florinaldo said:

I believe that people who have to walk gingerly in their backyard for fear of walking in cat feces would beg to differ. It never happened to me, but I can well imagine.

I can't imagine that happening, since I've never owned, seen or known of a cat not to bury its feces. It's a very strong instinct.

11 hours ago, Intocats said:

Men in the Bay Area do advertise free or cheap rooms on Craigslist, requesting attractive “struggling students” or “single mothers” who might trade FWB for lodging. It’s a sad, sad, situation. I count my blessings.

Wow. That IS pretty horrific. I can only hope that Walter gets one of the grasping, parasitic and/or insane witches we've seen here the next time he trolls for a "roomie with a bikini"  and that he'll need dynamite or an armed escort to get her out.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I can't imagine that happening, since I've never owned, seen or known of a cat not to bury its feces. It's a very strong instinct.

I don't think cats are known to dig vigorously into lawns, which are notoriously less loose than cat litter, to hide their business. It must be even rarer when they relieve themselves on a sidewalk or asphalt.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

I don't think cats are known to dig vigorously into lawns, which are notoriously less loose than cat litter, to hide their business.

No, they don't. They go anywhere they can dig, often under decks or balconies where there is soil or sand. They would never relieve themselves in the open on sidewalks unless deathly ill. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

No, they don't. They go anywhere they can dig, often under decks or balconies where there is soil or sand. They would never relieve themselves in the open on sidewalks unless deathly ill. 

Ah well, having been owned by a number of cats, as well as having once helped care for a colony of ferals, I consider myself an expert on feline behaivor.... soooo, as an expert, my expert opinion is that a cat will go out of its way to confound and confuse. Just when you think a cat would NEVER do such and such... you find one that does. Cats HATE water! Here's youtube of cat swiming. Dogs, rats, birds, mice - should all be natural enemies  (or food), but pictures all over of them getting along fine and even cuddling or raising each other's babies. It's all part of their diabolical world domination plan, don'cha know.

That said, I agree that a healthy cat normally hides and covers its toilet... but also have to remember that, like dogs, they "mark their territory" using scent. One of the reasons they rub up against things, including humans, is to announce their presence/ownership... intact toms can get pretty obnoxious about with spraying big "KEEP OUT" signs, while the girls are less likely to spray, when they do it's more like "Private Property" posters, but pretty much any cat mark their territory in some manner.

As someone who is owned by 5 lovely indoor cats, I have to add that I wish people would contain their cats - not saying every cat should be kept inside, but contained on the owner's property. Yes, there are fences designed to keep cats in their own yard (and, of course, just like there are houdini dogs, there are cats who will constantly try to escape and occasionally get out). Houdini cats could be kept in a catio (new fancy word for enclosed patio or cat enclosure). Not only is it safer for the cats, but chances are pretty good that if any of my indoor cats start caterwauling and wandering between the windows and doors it's because someone has let their cat roam (probably in heat or a boy looking for a girl).

Edited by SRTouch
"on" changed to "or"
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, SRTouch said:

As someone who is owned by 5 lovely indoor cats, I have to add that I wish people would contain their cats - not saying every cat should be kept inside, but contained on the owner's property. Yes, there are fences designed to keep cats in their own yard (and, of course, just like there are houdini dogs, there are cats who will constantly try to escape and occasionally get out). Houdini cats could be kept in a catio (new fancy word for enclosed patio on cat enclosure). Not only is it safer for the cats, but chances are pretty good that if any of my indoor cats start caterwauling and wandering between the windows and doors it's because someone has let their cat roam (probably in heat or a boy looking for a girl).

I'm owned by 4 active and sometimes annoying but always lovable indoor cats. Aside from their safety, I keep them in so I don't have to deal with fleas, ticks, dead rodents, burs in the fur, and injuries from other animals they feel the need to fight with. My parents had indoor/outdoor cats but they live in a rural area with no traffic and a large hunting ground. I live in a subdivision with plenty of traffic, I would worry too much if I had an outdoor cat here. 

• Love 6

I don't remember the exact wording but creepy Walter, in his hallterview, stated something like "Well, I figured, why not give it a shot?" He meant, he should have felt perfectly free to hit on his captive tenant. Then he went on to stress "It was ONE time." Like that would make it better. However I totally doubt the "one time."

I belong to a Home Exchange group (free home trades around the world) and it seems like the majority of Europeans believe that cats should be indoor/outdoor. In my Bronx neighborhood FaceBook group, a European born woman completely engenders the wrath of the group by letting her cat roam. The neighbors take her to task for risking the cat's life, not because the cat is pooping in their yards.

I suggest a 'bellow' of women.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, GoodieGirl said:

I'm owned by 4 active and sometimes annoying but always lovable indoor cats. Aside from their safety, I keep them in so I don't have to deal with fleas, ticks, dead rodents, burs in the fur, and injuries from other animals they feel the need to fight with. My parents had indoor/outdoor cats but they live in a rural area with no traffic and a large hunting ground. I live in a subdivision with plenty of traffic, I would worry too much if I had an outdoor cat here. 

Ah, yes, one of mine, Frankie, was neighbors' outdoor cat before I moved here. Since he spent more time at my place than at "home," when I moved the neighbor let me have him. After moving here - acres of pasture on three sides, the occasional coyote singing at night - Frank had to learn to wear a harness and leash .

• Love 5

It just occurred to me that the women who come on JJ could collectively be "a bunch of girls named Sue."

Friends of ours let their cat roam outdoors and lost it to coyotes.  Got another cat, same arrangement, same fate.  They now have two more cats who go outdoors and have so far managed to cheat death.  I love my friends, but sometimes I want to beat their heads in with a tire iron.  And now I never get emotionally attached to any cat they adopt.

Our cat (who I finally managed to convince my husband to compromise on after our last dog had to be put down and who now has him totally wrapped around her paw) lives indoors, but she really wants to go out.  Last summer we replaced our deck, and when the weather warms up again, we're adding on a catio for her.  Cats kill something like half a billion birds every year, so keeping them indoors is safer for both the cats and other wildlife.

• Love 12

The fence case was interesting because we had a similar thing happen a few months ago. A big wind and rain storm uprooted four sick cedar trees belonging to our asshole neighbors and took our fence with it. The trees were dying and should have been taken down years ago.  The jerks were well aware of this and elected to not take care of it because, in her words, she thought they were pretty. I have sheep living in the pasture that fence was in. So, in the middle of a torrential downpour with 50mph gusts, I was out moving sheep around and securing fences to keep the boys from mingling with the girls. When I'd secured the critters, I was walking back to the house and saw the neighbor in her yard. The trees had taken out the power to her house and had landed on her travel trailer. I told her she and her daughter were welcome to come and get water (they have a well - no power, no water) until the crew was able to get to them to fix the power pole and wires. I also said if the trees had been taken down like they should have been, this wouldn't have happened. She agreed. Then said "But they were pretty". The next day, Mr Lovesnark and Son of Lovesnark put up a temporary fence (to the tune of about $175) so the boys could have their pasture back.  Our fence was about 20 feet in the air on top of an enormous root mass. A few days later, neighbor knocks on my door and asks me what I want her worker to do with my fence after he finished cutting the trees and removing the root mass. I told her to have him fix it and add it to her homeowner's claim. She tells me they aren't going to file a claim, that she's in a big hurry,  has to leave right away and she'll just have her worker pile the fence posts and rails up on our side of the property line and then scurried out of my yard. After taking to our insurance guy and having a little time to get over being pissed off, we just fixed the fence ourselves. Crap like this has been a pattern with these jerks and they ALWAYS try to dodge responsibility. It was tempting to have our homeowner's pay and then go after them because they were liable for the damages. But, they're moving, so we figured we'd just be happy about that and feel sorry for the next set of neighbors they're going to piss off. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, lovesnark said:

The fence case was interesting because we had a similar thing happen a few months ago. 

Yep, neighbors probably moving because of the crazy folks next door with the smelly sheep/cows/pigs/horses. Can you guess I have a pet peeve about folks moving to the country and complaining about.... the country. Oh, the smells, the dust from the dirt road/drive, chiggers, ticks, etc - or my favorite - move into an old farm house surrounded by farmland and complain when the farmer plows the field  (happened to me, could you brushhog later when the wind isn't blowing dust towards my house? Yeah, sure, I'm 45 minutes away from my truck by tractor, but I'll come back later to cut this 40 yards of grass when the wind changes direction.)

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Intocats said:

I’ve noticed that, too. I think Byrd is being respectful of Judge Judy by not looking at the papers or items he is bringing to her.

Maybe Judge Judy is part of the celebrity group whose employees are contractually forbidden from ever making eye contact with them.  This rarefied group reportedly consists of JLo, Katy Perry, Sylvester Stallone and Nicole Kidman https://www.datalounge.com/thread/13398571-celebrities-who-have-forbidden-employees-to-look-them-in-the-eyes

Given the appalling elitism JJ often displays, it wouldn't surprise me even a little bit.

• Love 3

JJ and Byrd have been friends for many years. He was a bailiff for her in family court way back when and she chose him to work on her show when she got the gig. The Sheindlins and the Byrds socialize when they're all in the same place at the same time. We've heard her refer to his wife Felicia many times on the show. This info comes from watching interviews over the years. There is an interview with Byrd somewhere (probably YouTube) where he tells a funny story about imitating her when she wasn't in the courtroom in NYC. He'd put on her robe and was sitting at the bench imitating her and she walked in behind him. He thought he was going to get fired but she cracked up and said he did a fine JJ.

• Love 15