Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I know that there are rules as to adult/child ratio in most states.  Unbelievably, depending on the age of the children, 12 to 1 is perfectly okay with the State of Idaho.  Providers cannot have more than 12 total "points" in the children they watch.  Babies are 2 points, most kids are one, and older kids (which she seemed to have the most of) are only 1/2 point apiece.  

It is unbelievable and that's why the parents should investigate and consider whether or not the daycare provider can responsibly care for their child(ren). I am just guessing here, but I assume Caldwell ID is a small town and that the parents already knew the provider. Provider probably had been around the 9 yr old and infant before and probably assured parents she could handle it. Lots of assumptions on my part, and you know what THAT means, but although provider was completely in the wrong and should have her license revoked, parents need to be careful and vigilant about who is caring for their kids and what the demands are on that one person or persons. I can't believe that defendant agreed to be on the show since I have already established (ha!) what a small town Caldwell is. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Where I live, people hit moose.  It usually doesn't end well for either party.

Years ago, while in Alaska, I came around a corner, probably doing under 35mph, and found a moose cow standing in the middle of the road. Slammed on my brakes, rocks flying from the gravel road, and slid to within about 15 yards. That mama was BIG! I knew they were big, but I could have stuck the hood of my full sized 73 3/4ton 4x4 under her belly. And she just stood there glaring at me until her calf finished crossing, then followed it off through the woods. Anyway, when you see how big and tall moose are, it's easy to understand how the body would end up crashing into a windshield - not good when you hit an 800-1000 pound animal (and Wikipedia says the really big ones up to 1500lbs).

Edited by SRTouch
Wording changed
  • Love 4

Oh hell yeah, moose are big beasts. Some close friends live on five acres in Idaho literally in a forest. The previous owner of their home installed a small pond in the back yard and during the summer, moose will come down to drink out of the pond. Usually they have a baby with them. They will come right up to the windows to munch on their shrubs around the house. Their videos are amazing. My friends have to be very careful and look around when they go outside so mama moose doesn't think they are threatening baby moose. But it is absolutely gorgeous up there. My friend was in her husband's huge workshop with the door up when one of the kids started coming out of the garage attached to the house without looking around. Luckily, my friend was able to signal to the boy to stay where he was because a mama and baby were nearby.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I lost my Camry to a deer a couple weeks ago -- my second hit, but there've been more close calls than I can count.

I was waiting for JJ to say something to the baby's parents about teaching their nine-year-old how to play with a baby.  It was definitely the day care operator's fault, for not stopping the behavior, but it would be reassuring to know that the older brother learned something.

Personally I didn't believe the day care provider's story at all.  It was too much CYA and blame it on the parents of the baby.  I can't believe that the day care provider is still in business.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

It is unbelievable and that's why the parents should investigate and consider whether or not the daycare provider can responsibly care for their child(ren). I am just guessing here, but I assume Caldwell ID is a small town and that the parents already knew the provider. Provider probably had been around the 9 yr old and infant before and probably assured parents she could handle it. Lots of assumptions on my part, and you know what THAT means, but although provider was completely in the wrong and should have her license revoked, parents need to be careful and vigilant about who is caring for their kids and what the demands are on that one person or persons. I can't believe that defendant agreed to be on the show since I have already established (ha!) what a small town Caldwell is. 

I used to live near Caldwell, it's about 50,000 and sits close to Nampa (Like twin cities) Nampa is close to 90,000.  They are a very easy commute to Boise.  I never had to deal with daycare then but I can tell you I drove by many I wouldn't leave a gerbil at, let alone a child.  

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Was that the one where the plaintiff ex-girlfriend changed the locks while the boyfriend was gone for a couple of days?  JJ has zero patience for landlords who illegally evict tenants, and in this case, the boyfriend was a tenant.

Yes, that it is the one.  But I couldn't follow what were the source of his damages, whether something relating to the lockout or something relating to having to defend against the improper restraining order.

As for hitting deer, I drive a lot on Long Island, and they're a real scourge.  You can try to watch out for them, but you can't always manage to avoid them.  JJ just doesn't get it.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, GussieK said:

Yes, that it is the one.  But I couldn't follow what were the source of his damages, whether something relating to the lockout or something relating to having to defend against the improper restraining order.

It was the lockout.  JJ totally flipped out on plaintiff for changing the locks.  JJ also didn't care for the phony restraining order crap, but the judgment was because of the illegal lockout.  'YOU LOCKED HIM OUT OF HIS HOME!'

I think the $3,000 award was what plaintiff would have gotten for unpaid rent if she hadn't used the court to get a phony restraining order.  But the details on that are hazy, and I didn't save the episode.  Maybe someone will remember about the $3K.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

It was the lockout.  JJ totally flipped out on plaintiff for changing the locks.  JJ also didn't care for the phony restraining order crap, but the judgment was because of the illegal lockout.  'YOU LOCKED HIM OUT OF HIS HOME!'

I think the $3,000 award was what plaintiff would have gotten for unpaid rent if she hadn't used the court to get a phony restraining order.  But the details on that are hazy, and I didn't save the episode.  Maybe someone will remember about the $3K.

Correct. JJ awarded him the exact amount she had previously determined that the plaintiff was owed in back rent. 

• Love 1

That daycare woman was shameful.  That price seemed super low also, my mom got $30/day per child  back in the 90s.  She also didn't care for more than 4 children at a time.  

I wonder if the older kid was actually swinging the baby around or if she was just making crap up.  And why no one stopped it and took the baby.

• Love 4

Regarding the woman who sued her hairstylist for damage when her hair fell out after a straightening....again, JJ might be an expert in family law, but she isn't a hair products expert. She kept insisting that the plaintiff would know "right away" that the product was burning her scalp. I know firsthand that is simply not true.

I colored my hair for over 40 years with absolutely no problem (both home kits and salon coloring). A couple of years ago I developed a mild rash on my neck a couple of days after visiting the salon. I shrugged it off as a slight sunburn. The next time, I developed a somewhat worse (and itchy) rash; again, not immediately, but about 36 hours later. My hairdresser sourced non-ammonia, non-PPD products to use on me, to no avail. 

The last time I had my hair colored (just over a year ago) I broke out in big blisters on my neck (even with the mild products) and I knew it was time to stop trying and let it go grey. 

Because the symptoms showed up sometime after the coloring was done, my stylist even subtly questioned it was the source of my rashes.  But no way would I ever sue him!  And I know now that it is, because I haven't had another rash since.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Intocats said:

Regarding the woman who sued her hairstylist for damage when her hair fell out after a straightening....again, JJ might be an expert in family law, but she isn't a hair products expert. She kept insisting that the plaintiff would know "right away" that the product was burning her scalp. I know firsthand that is simply not true.

I colored my hair for over 40 years with absolutely no problem (both home kits and salon coloring). A couple of years ago I developed a mild rash on my neck a couple of days after visiting the salon. I shrugged it off as a slight sunburn. The next time, I developed a somewhat worse (and itchy) rash; again, not immediately, but about 36 hours later. My hairdresser sourced non-ammonia, non-PPD products to use on me, to no avail. 

The last time I had my hair colored (just over a year ago) I broke out in big blisters on my neck (even with the mild products) and I knew it was time to stop trying and let it go grey. 

Because the symptoms showed up sometime after the coloring was done, my stylist even subtly questioned it was the source of my rashes.  But no way would I ever sue him!  And I know now that it is, because I haven't had another rash since.

I agree with you, but I think there were two things that killed her case. First, she her hair professionally washed and set after the treatment, and that she said she waited two months to call because it wasn't until then all her hair had fallen out.

she clearly felt ok enough about her hair to have it done for the event. Did neither she nor her hairdresser notice something was amiss? And why didn't she contact the defendant the moment she realized there was a real problem with the hair loss?

i think that was what sunk her even more than not noticing an immediate reaction after the treatment. She could have made an argument that after x days I noticed hair loss, and it accelerated etc., and JJ might have considered it.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Providers cannot have more than 12 total "points"

I believe the assignation of a point value to a human began here:

IMG_0831.PNG

6 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

I can see a baby having a "bad day"--colicky, teething, whatever--but pretty sure none of those things result in a freaking BROKEN LEG

Seems like a "bad day" for a baby is when the sibling starts swinging it like a helicopter while the lazy ass babysitter is heating up some damn soup or Spaghettios and the baby sitter says "hey, put that baby with the broken leg back in the swing, y'all, it's having a bad day".  I'm equally shocked that the nurse mama would leave her baby with such a whackadoodle. You think she would look around and see the chaos with all those kids. Who wants their baby sitting in a swing all day? Is the swing safer than leaving the baby in a play yard away from all the rest of the throng of kids running willy nilly around the house?  And where was the pit bull? Don't you bet there was a pit bull somewhere in the back yard just waiting to wreak havoc on Day Care Manor?

• Love 11

I had to watch the reruns today. There really is no hope when "Chamacco", mentally challenged, repulsive, trollish, sack of doodoo, is a chick magnet. He can get women whenever he wants. These women really want to breed with him and squirted out five unfortunate offspring who have to go through life with Chamacco as their one and only daddy. His new squeeze, Jennifer, was willing to appear and show the world her state of terminal desperation. Believe me, if I were bumping uglies with that cretin I'd want to keep it my dirty little secret. Wow. I truly hope the plaintiff brother never ever gives that POS another dime as long as he lives.

Plaid-shirt dingbats and goofball cousin fighting over a 30 year old truck - I had to take a pass.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Seems like a "bad day" for a baby is when the sibling starts swinging it like a helicopter while the lazy ass babysitter is heating up some damn soup or Spaghettios and the baby sitter says "hey, put that baby with the broken leg back in the swing, y'all, it's having a bad day".  I'm equally shocked that the nurse mama would leave her baby with such a whackadoodle. You think she would look around and see the chaos with all those kids. Who wants their baby sitting in a swing all day? Is the swing safer than leaving the baby in a play yard away from all the rest of the throng of kids running willy nilly around the house?  And where was the pit bull? Don't you bet there was a pit bull somewhere in the back yard just waiting to wreak havoc on Day Care Manor?

THIS.  This couple makes me want to throw up.  Nasty, unfixable non-humans.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

If the woman had her hair chemically straightened with a relaxer, it would burn right away.   She would definitely know it before she left the salon.

And even if it takes a bit of time, it's not going to be a slow, two-month long process. A day, two days, even three days wouldn't be hard to believe, but two months is unbelievable.

As for the daycare provider, the anger I feel is overwhelming. I had a bad babysitter when I was a kid. She made the four to six of us play in the unfinished basement, unsupervised all day. Before she'd take us to school, we had to get on our hands and knees and pick up the required number of pieces of lint off the carpet. She double/triple belted us into her car so she could run errands. She'd leave us in stores to entertain ourselves while she'd go shopping. She made us ask to use the bathroom. And when the one kid who had developmental issues wet himself, she would push him around and scream and yell at him. I look back at it and I'm blown away at how dangerous that situation was and am amazed that none of us were ever seriously injured. I'm also horrified that I wasn't clearer with my parents about how bad things were but that was the only babysitter I ever had so I thought that was normal. Plus, I had fun with the other kids so despite the problems, I was happy more than I was upset.

People like my babysitter and that woman are disgusting. They take advantage of the fact that children aren't able to express their concerns and that parents who work need childcare and often don't have the time to be there all the time. I really hope this public display kills this woman's business. 

• Love 13
(edited)
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:46 PM, augmentedfourth said:

Every time I think that maybe, just maybe, there might be some merit to the claims that JJ is getting too old and crotchety for this gig, she brilliantly tears down and picks apart someone like that daycare moron.

Well the daycare moron was pretty low hanging fruit.  Even fake Judge Ross could have torn her a new one.

I know several people who have hit a deer.  I can't believe JJ never heard of this.

Edited by momtoall
  • Love 8

(There was another deer case today.)

Another thing JJ's never heard of -- protecting an asset from a long-term care facility.  JJ asked plaintiff mom why she had put her mobile home in a daughter's name -- 'Was it because you had too many assets to qualify for government benefits?"  Well, no, because the plaintiff was getting Social Security -- there's no asset limit.  However, if mom had ended up in a nursing home and the family couldn't cover the cost, the nursing home would take the trailer.  Unless you have excellent insurance, don't expect to be able to leave your property to your kids.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, AuntiePam said:

Another thing JJ's never heard of -- protecting an asset from a long-term care facility.  JJ asked plaintiff mom why she had put her mobile home in a daughter's name -- 'Was it because you had too many assets to qualify for government benefits?"  Well, no, because the plaintiff was getting Social Security -- there's no asset limit.  However, if mom had ended up in a nursing home and the family couldn't cover the cost, the nursing home would take the trailer.  Unless you have excellent insurance, don't expect to be able to leave your property to your kids.

I agree, but I wish JJ had asked trailer mom why didn't she put the title in all four kids' names. She said that she had directed defendant to sell the trailer and split the proceeds among all four kids upon her death. It's obvious how that is going to go!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AuntiePam said:

This "daughter" is a colossal piece of shit.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

This "daughter" is a colossal piece of shit.

She was.  Nothing she said added up.  If she was abandoned by her mother at the age of three, and didn't reappear for another 45 years, why would mom give her title to the trailer? 

• Love 5
(edited)

Do not believe this has been picked up here.

Found a MyDeathSpace forum thread discussing Kelli Filkins, the EBay scammer who sold pictures of iPhones as if they were the real thing and had no remorse about doing so, passing away in January. 

Her mom is extremely angry about her late daughter being discussed since, according to mom, she changed in the intervening years and is no longer alive to be discussed. 

Thought it relevant here as followup to an oft mentioned, well-known, case. The thread has a link for the video of the case as a refresher.  Other links include online obituary and GoFundMe page.

Judge Judy/Ebay Scammer Kelli Filkins (36) passed away

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

If she was abandoned by her mother at the age of three, and didn't reappear for another 45 years, why would mom give her title to the trailer? 

In JJ voice:  "Madam, put on your listening ears!!"  (Makes gestures on side of head which suggest one's ears are the same size as Dumbo's.).  She put the trailer in her daughter's name so that when Momma died, daughter would/could sell it without having to go through probate and share the proceeds with her siblings. 

Fast forward one year:  Next up on Judge Judy--siblings Johnny Doe and Mary Doe are suing their sister for REFUSING to give them their share from their late mother's estate. JJ's contract runs until 2020; it could happen. 

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Do not believe this has been picked up here.

Aww...it was but @MrSmith posted it on the Boob Tube thread. HOWEVER, that delicious thread over on MyDeathSpace was not and I thank you for that nugget of insanity courtesy of eBay of Pigs' mother who, possibly awash with grief, has no understanding of how Internet message boards work, i.e. hitting "reply" to posters instead of just pissing in the wind and adding a dozen new replies without attribution. 

7 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

That was clearly what was going on even though JJ gave her a hard pass and believed she turned the trailer over to POS daughter who would never, in a million years, be splitting proceeds with anyone other than herself and possibly her similarly damaged, trashy friends. Also, if your mother abandoned you at age 3 and she walks back into your life when you're 48, the only person to blame for that relationship souring is yourself. I believe that that case was the first instance of the audience erupting in applause after JJ called her a bad daughter. And it was totally warranted. Congratulations on your double-wide trailer/apartment complex you nasty rag. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)
7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Aww...it was but @MrSmith posted it on the Boob Tube thread. HOWEVER, that delicious thread over on MyDeathSpace was not and I thank you for that nugget of insanity courtesy of eBay of Pigs' mother who, possibly awash with grief, has no understanding of how Internet message boards work, i.e. hitting "reply" to posters instead of just pissing in the wind and adding a dozen new replies without attribution.

Thank you, GIANT MISFIT, that is not my natural habitat, so I didn't know her passing had been posted.

I was being very delicate in talking about KF and the mother, as to not bring down the wrath of the mother upon us like Bloody Mary.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

I was being very delicate in talking about KF and the mother, as to not bring down the wrath of the mother upon us like Blood Mary.

Yes, it's pretty clear the mother is Googling eBay of Pigs' name. For why? I do not know. But prior to her death, there was nothing on the Internet that spoke of her in any positive way -- she's notorious for being one of the worst, if not the worst, litigant ever to appear on JJ. It's really best for the mother to shut down her computer and call it a day on that mission. 

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, SandyToes said:

A 1990 Honda is worth $2700?  Up to $5200?   Does that seem high to anyone else? That's almost 30 years old!

Oh, please, God, I hope that day care worker had her license revoked, and this story is all over the news in Idaho.  There are just no words. 

Old Hondas and Toyotas do hold value for some reason, but that seems a bit far fetched.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:25 AM, Intocats said:

I had a stylist ruin my hair over the course of a few years, and I never noticed (and I have a super sensitive scalp).  It wasn't until he moved away and I went to one of those salon chains that is mostly populated by fresh beauty school graduates so I could get a touch-up until I found a new stylist that I was shown the extent of the damage he caused.  They refused to touch me and asked me to leave.  I ended up having to cut my long hair super short, and it's never been right since.  It's getting scary thin now.  :(  And I have a hard time trusting stylists anymore.  Even if they're high-end, and have a wall full of industry training diplomas from well-known people/product lines.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:10 AM, Giant Misfit said:

I believe the assignation of a point value to a human began here:

IMG_0831.PNG

My husband and I do that all the time - assign point values to people and things while we're driving.  :)

• Love 1

I can't believe no one has spoken about the awful sister case.  The one sister, with her pieces of hair falling in her face, was suing her sister for a loan.  I agree she is owed the money but wow when it comes to her morals.  She had no shame in being in love with her sisters baby daddy.  Is the dating pool so small that she needed to take up with her 2 nephews father.  But then again all is ok because according to her, her nephews are fine with it.  If only her sister would understand and let it go.  What a terrible person. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, bear1 said:

I can't believe no one has spoken about the awful sister case.  The one sister, with her pieces of hair falling in her face, was suing her sister for a loan.  I agree she is owed the money but wow when it comes to her morals.  She had no shame in being in love with her sisters baby daddy.  Is the dating pool so small that she needed to take up with her 2 nephews father.  But then again all is ok because according to her, her nephews are fine with it.  If only her sister would understand and let it go.  What a terrible person. 

I'm watching it right now!!  Holy shit!!!

• Love 2
(edited)

I cant believe Doug didn't make a single "Uncle Daddy" joke.

Edited by arejay
because a Jack Russell and a renowned court reporter are not the same thing.
On 2/27/2017 at 5:53 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I've known several people who have hit deer and I've always lived in fairly suburban areas. I even saw a woman hit a horse once - I was driving behind a truck in a more rural area in New Jersey and this horse escaped from a corral and ran right in front of her. Tore the front of her truck right up. 

Yes, her in NJ there are plenty of deer and I know a lot of people who have hit them and even one who was hit by a deer.  She was driving along, saw a deer and stopped.  She waiting for it to cross.  After she started to drive away she heard a big thunk.  A male deer must have been trying to catch up to the female and just plowed right into the car.  I saw pictures and it hit the rear passenger door and a little of the front passenger door. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, bear1 said:

We did talk about it, starting around a third of the way down on this page.  Not too surprisingly, pretty much everyone who weighed in agrees with you!  And the wrong sister got punched, IMO.

• Love 6

I got nothing to say about today's cases: a bunch of lying losers who lie. BUT! I think we had our first palindromic name! Plaintiff in the rental case involving the bicycle was Rees Seer. Good job, parents!

• Love 5

I didn't like it when JJ was acting as though it was outrageous that someone could hit a deer (or vice versa) while driving.

I know many persons who have encountered deer in this way.

Deer are all over the place here in Michigan.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

I got nothing to say about today's cases: a bunch of lying losers who lie. BUT! I think we had our first palindromic name! Plaintiff in the rental case involving the bicycle was Rees Seer. Good job, parents!

It was actually Seer Rees, or that's how it came up.on my closed captioning.

• Love 2

A big UGH on the mother-daughter electric bill case. (Their names escape me.) The mother/plaintiff initially presented as a rather sweet older lady who talked a good game about wanting to help out her daughter and grandkids, but by the end of the case, I found her more repulsive than the day care moron from the other day. Parenting her kids was too hard, so she ships the boy child off to Grandpa and...puts her daughter in foster care. Favoritism much? I totally believe the defendant when she said her mother never had any desire to be a mother, because who DOES that? I mean, maybe the girl did have some issues (starting at age 3, if the plaintiff is to be believed...and I'm not sure if she's to be believed), but I cannot think of a single thing one of my kids could do that would make me just throw up my hands and say "Nope! You're someone else's problem now", and ditch them in an overworked system filled with abuse and horror stories.

And in the grand tradition of JJ litigants, both mother and daughter get all sorts of disability and assistance and everything, but you know what? I can't even find much fault with the defendant considering her mother threw her to the fucking wolves at age 10. I think she said her oldest kid was 15, so at least she lasted five more years than Mom doing the bare minimum. I don't think JJ was as disgusted by this situation as I clearly am, but I'm happy with her ruling.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, augmentedfourth said:

I cannot think of a single thing one of my kids could do that would make me just throw up my hands and say "Nope! You're someone else's problem now", and ditch them in an overworked system filled with abuse and horror stories.

Love everything you said...agree with everything you said. I was surprised plaintiff saw her grandkids at all because people tend to use children as pawns, but the fact that defendant permitted it indicates to me that she was willing to set her own feelings aside so that her children could have a relationship with Berry Hair. 

• Love 2

she was willing to set her own feelings aside so that her children could have a relationship with Berry Hair. 

Nope, she needed the free babysitting so she could attend some sort of training program that was supposed to lead to employment. Except she had done several of these programs, and was never employed, suggesting it was really just something to do to get out of the house everyday while no doubt receiving lots of state aid.

• Love 12

This stuff just makes me sad. How is a three year old bad? The mom said she was lying, cussing, and stealing, starting at three!?!?

What? How would a three year old even know cuss words if not for the parents? If your toddler is that out of control, it speaks more to your parenting skills than to your child's character. And then she gets rid of her! Just ships her off. The daughter was in a hospital for a month - BY HERSELF!! Imagine how scared and vulnerable she felt. Who does that?

I just felt so bad for the daughter. And then, as an adult, to surround herself with people who care so little for her well being that they move out and leave her, and at least one of their own children without electric service. What a garbage human being!

I'm amazed the daughter turned out as well as she did. Can you imagine every adult in your life letting you down, and then telling you it's your fault? Because the grandfather and uncle did exactly that. Grandfather took the boy "for education purposes" and mom's brother never stepped in. They just abandoned her.

How does a baby get PTSD? I went back and listened again. I am sure the daughter said she gets assistance for her baby because it has PTSD.

This mother is a disgrace. I'm a mom. I can only look at her through this lens. And yes, I am unapologetically judging her. I wouldn't let my son cross the street by himself, much less cut him loose in the world alone. He's 16 with a good head on his shoulders. And still, I worry every minute he's out of the house. His social life is killing me! She let the system feed, clothe, house, and raise her child. Now, she can't even front the kid and electric bill?

I understand if someone is addicted or impaired. I totally get that sometimes people should not be parents and that the best place for a child is away from abuse. But, this mom is still justifying her decision by blaming a three year old. I just can't get past that. Why put that in your kid's head? The world is tough enough as it is. Why hobble your child with the message "You're bad, you were always bad, you were even bad at three."? Talk about setting someone up to fail. This daughter is still trying to make the relationship work, and the mom is still putting her down.  If it were me, she would never, EVER get close enough to my kids to spread this poison.

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

This stuff just makes me sad. How is a three year old bad? The mom said she was lying, cussing, and stealing, starting at three!?!?

What? How would a three year old even know cuss words if not for the parents? If your toddler is that out of control, it speaks more to your parenting skills than to your child's character. And then she gets rid of her! Just ships her off. The daughter was in a hospital for a month - BY HERSELF!! Imagine how scared and vulnerable she felt. Who does that?

I just felt so bad for the daughter. And then, as an adult, to surround herself with people who care so little for her well being that they move out and leave her, and at least one of their own children without electric service. What a garbage human being!

I'm amazed the daughter turned out as well as she did. Can you imagine every adult in your life letting you down, and then telling you it's your fault? Because the grandfather and uncle did exactly that. Grandfather took the boy "for education purposes" and mom's brother never stepped in. They just abandoned her.

How does a baby get PTSD? I went back and listened again. I am sure the daughter said she gets assistance for her baby because it has PTSD.

This mother is a disgrace. I'm a mom. I can only look at her through this lens. And yes, I am unapologetically judging her. I wouldn't let my son cross the street by himself, much less cut him loose in the world alone. He's 16 with a good head on his shoulders. And still, I worry every minute he's out of the house. His social life is killing me! She let the system feed, clothe, house, and raise her child. Now, she can't even front the kid and electric bill?

I understand if someone is addicted or impaired. I totally get that sometimes people should not be parents and that the best place for a child is away from abuse. But, this mom is still justifying her decision by blaming a three year old. I just can't get past that. Why put that in your kid's head? The world is tough enough as it is. Why hobble your child with the message "You're bad, you were always bad, you were even bad at three."? Talk about setting someone up to fail. This daughter is still trying to make the relationship work, and the mom is still putting her down.  If it were me, she would never, EVER get close enough to my kids to spread this poison.

I was disgusted by this grandma also. Who gives away both her kids?  I loved that Judy kept interrupting when the mother said that her son was sent to the grandfather's for a better education.  "I don't believe it." She just pawned off her kids and had no one take the poor girl.  Or, I wonder if she handed her to foster care because she had a competitive thing w/her daughter and wanted her out of sight, not just with a relative.

As for the next generation,  I don't know which child had PTSD, but she definitely said PTSD.  I rewound it to make sure.  So either her kids had a pretty awful childhood too or the mom meant to say ADHD. 

(PS If sending her son away for a better education did happen to be true, then that still makes her look like a POS.  Daughter deserves a good education too!  No way she can spin any of this and come out looking good.)

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 7

I wanted to hear more of what the daughter had to say.  I'm really getting tired of hearing JJ rant and rave and repeat herself, with the same tired questions and comments.  "Now I know who you are", etc.  Well, no, she doesn't always know who these people are. 

I'm sympathetic to the daughter's various 'programs', and if she still doesn't have a good-paying job after completing those programs, that's not on her -- it's on the program.  Is it a make-work program or does it really prepare people to get and keep a job? 

Back in the 60's, when poverty was actually acknowledged by the government, I worked for programs that recognized the difficulty of getting into the job market, and staying there.  It's not just training, it's all the support that's needed -- reliable transportation, day care, medical and dental care (try getting a job when you have a mouthful of cavities or missing teeth), etc.  Nobody's paying attention to the poor anymore -- they haven't for years, and I think we're seeing the results of that neglect on JJ.  And Springer and Povich and Cops.  Rant over.

• Love 17

Oh man, today's rerun is the smug, bicycling guy who lied from the beginning and was "hit" by a car.  I just LOATHE wienie-heads!  They are SO much better than YOU, you who drive a smog-machine!  Wienie-heads flout the law all the time, and they STILL get a pass! GRR!

• Love 4