Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

This is different, but I also wonder who thinks a cross is going to influence Judge Judy or any other judge.  It's certainly possible that the crosses are the nicest pieces of jewelry owned by those who wear them on the show, but I doubt it. I suspect those who wear the crosses honestly believe the crosses will give them some sort of an edge in credibility.

When I worked in Bad Debt Collections, we always found that those who had the Jesus Fish on their checks, or had "God Bless You" on their answering machine were the biggest jerks ever.  I would leave messages on this one machine frequently - I still remember the lame message spoken by a child: "Good morning.  It's a BEAUTIFUL day God has given us, so you know that Mommy and I aren't wasting our time inside.  We're outside, enjoying ourselves, and everything God provides.  So please leave a message.  Jesus loves you!"  I spoke to the woman once, and only once.  She ripped me a new one over a $10 bill.  She didn't owe it.  She has Medicaid.  She lived off of child support, her daughter's SSI, and had herself declared her daughter's caregiver.  So she didn't owe me ****.  Also, I got her out of her pool to take that call, and she was dripping water all over her new carpet.  Since there was no way were getting that bill paid, I told her that I busted my hump 40+ hours per week for low pay.  My husband worked 55 hours per week.  We had no pool, or new carpet.  What's wrong with this picture?  She slammed down the phone after calling me a few choice words.  I guess she went back outside to enjoy God's BEAUTIFUL day.  I worked for that company for 7 years, but only 90 days actually calling people.  That was enough for a lifetime.  The 2nd worst person I ever dealt with was a Rabbi, over a $15 bill for his son.  He was equally nasty, minus the 4 letter words, so I guess jerk-ocity knows no religious boundaries.

8 hours ago, jilliannatalia said:

Today I saw a case that is apparently a repeat though I had not seen it before. It featured a presumably moronic woman who, when asked to take care of her friend's dog in the friend's home, repainted the friend's bedroom walls and furniture purple in outlandish sixties hippy decor, complete with the word "PEACE" in psychedelic graffiti-style lettering and with a peace sign on the wall. I was conflicted as to whether or not the case was a hoax. The only thing that made me think it even might be real was that the plaintiff's portrayal of a bizarre human being was almost too realistic for it to have been  fake. The defendant was obviously bizarre as well, though I didn't have any trouble believing that she may have been acting.

I thought that they were sisters, but I could be remembering incorrectly. They were both whack-jobs.

We got one I remember from before where a male cousin gave a female cousin a puppy.  But the woman never told her husband she was getting the puppy - just brought it home.  At some point, she said she feared for her life, moved out, and got divorced, but she left the puppy there.  JJ kept asking her why she didn't go back for it, and there was a ton of excuses, like she was afraid to go back there, she wasn't done unpacking etc.  Male cousin says that female cousin's mother got puppy at the house, took it directly to his mother's house, and he retrieved the puppy and kept it.  I'm still unclear why ex-husband was suing for $800.  JJ found the whole thing ludicrous, and sent them on their way.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, funky-rat said:

When I worked in Bad Debt Collections, we always found that those who had the Jesus Fish on their checks, or had "God Bless You" on their answering machine were the biggest jerks ever.

And I hate to say it, but in all my years in the restaurant industry "Christians" were the worst!!!! At one point, we actually considered stopping Sunday Brunch because getting anyone to work was such a hassle. It ended up being a rite of passage for the new people. Want to work Saturday night? Well, you have to pay your dues with the after church crowd on Sunday first!

Instead of a tip they would leave these little pamphlets. Or, they would leave pennies after running you ragged for hours. One day I had a server in tears because she had served a large party of "church ladies". While they were sweet, they were very demanding. Since this was her only table, she was very attentive. She was new, so I was right there helping. These guests had a wonderful meal, terrific service, and more free refills than I thought humanly possible.

When check time came, they took one look at it and raised a huge fuss. They wanted her to give them 20 individual checks. Normally I wouldn't, but to be gracious, we did it for them. Each of these women left her a little "Here's your tip" prayer card and no cash. She came to me in tears, and I stopped them in the parking lot.  They assured me everything was lovely, but that they "tip" a better relationship with Jesus. At the time, just for this reason, the menu clearly stated that parties of 10 or more would be subject to a %16 gratuity. They argued that because they got separate checks, they weren't a group, and the minimum gratuity didn't apply.

Of course, the goal is not to argue with customers, so I didn't. I did, however, gather up their little cards, hand them back, and ask them to go elsewhere from now on. I wonder how any of them would feel, come Friday, if their paycheck was a prayer card. I wonder if the bank would accept that for my mortgage payment?

I have nothing against true Christians. I'm Christian. It's just the ones who hit you over the head with their piety. Newsflash - you don't need to tell me how Christian you are. If you really are, I'll notice. If not, it's false advertising.

Edited by Hockeymom
  • Love 15

Indeed.  I've never worked in a restaurant, but I've come across those people and they're horrible.  No restaurants around here will split checks for big parties for those exact reasons.  I worked with one who bragged that they got to go on a trip to Florida on a dime because they took turns complaining at restaurants so they didn't have to pay for their meals.  They too left tip prayer cards.  My husband once told a demanding table of Christians in a restaurant, who complained loudly during their meal that they stopped going to another restaurant because they were made fun of for praying at the table (which is complete BS - enough people do it around here that no one thinks twice - my guess is that they were loud and someone gave them a look, or a server interrupted their prayer accidentally) and that's discrimination and persecution of Christians, etc, that they're the reason there is a lot of backlash against religion anymore when they left a religious tip card instead of an actual tip.  I too have nothing against Christians and too am one, but people like that embarrass me.

• Love 6

Generally, restaurants will give separate checks if the people ask up front. Many times customers need it for expense accounts. We understand that. It also gives us the opportunity to explain that if a large party has separate checks, their food may not come out together. As in everything else, communication is key.

It becomes a nightmare when you are slammed, and a table springs it on you at the end. Then you have to find a manager, void the original check, and re - key everything from drinks to dessert on separate checks. Then, you have to run to the bar, and each station in the kitchen to tell them not to make the items you just ordered. Of course, you don't get to add gratuity, so you have to hope they all leave the correct amount.

This takes time! While you're running around looking for someone to void your check, the other tables are looking for their server!

And no one is discriminating against Christians. It's a restaurant, not a private dining room. If you want to pray, go ahead and pray - just be discreet. We have prayed while eating out before. We just don't make a big production out of it. It's not a "look at me" moment. It's between you and God - say thank you, and move on.

Sad to say, I have family members who "talk the talk" of Christianity. These are the same people who booked a large table at a restaurant, used it to hold a baby shower, and held up the room for hours. They never told the establishment what what they had planned - just showed up with gifts and a cake. On top of that, no one ordered entrees! They just ordered drinks, coffee, and a few apps. "for the table".

Basically, they wanted, and got, a free party room. This check should have easily been a couple thousand dollars. Instead, they monopolized a private room on a busy weekend for a couple hundred bucks. AND bitched about tipping the server who got screwed out of her livelihood. They were genuinely outraged that she should be compensated over and above their actual check. These people could not comprehend that they pulled a fast one on the restaurant and cost the server her entire night's tips. When you make a dinner reservation for a large group, it is assumed the group will be ordering dinner!

I get that not everyone is "in the business", and may not see things from the server's perspective. But I would think that a compassionate Christian would understand their server is a person, working long hours on aching feet. Their living is made from tips and sometimes the kindness of strangers.  Aren't Christians supposed to be kind? Aren't they supposed to "do unto others"?

So far, I haven't seen it.

Sorry for this long post!!!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, bad things are bad said:

So it's Christian to screw people working for $2 an hour. Hockeymom, good for you telling them not to come back

It was so satisfying!!! Sorry ladies, you will have to go have your fifteen pots of coffee somewhere else!

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

So it's Christian to screw people working for $2 an hour. Hockeymom, good for you telling them not to come back

Yep, as a delivery driver I often wish I could say something to some of these folks. We have a regular customer who orders a BIG order every couple months - like 6-8 pizzas - who never tips a penny, even though it's over 30 miles round trip. Wasn't too bad back in the day when we received a commission plus delivery charge. Nowadays, we get minimum wage, half the delivery charge ($5 if or this delivery) and of course no tip. So, on a busy night, the driver misses out on a couple deliveries where they might have made a tip to deliver to these folks who are not going to tip, and half the delivery charge goes straight into the gas tank. And, of course they're the type who throw a fit if they don't get the five free breadsticks offered with any order over 10 bucks. (Even been known to call the store and complain to the manager, wanting the driver to make a second trip to bring their FREE breadsticks.) Any wonder why managers have to ask for volunteers to make the long drive? Then half the time they try to pay with a post dated check - which drivers are not supposed to accept - complain as they write a check with current date, and throw a fit when the driver asks for ID.

Yep, I delivered to these folks last week.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hockeymom said:

And no one is discriminating against Christians. It's a restaurant, not a private dining room. If you want to pray, go ahead and pray - just be discreet. We have prayed while eating out before. We just don't make a big production out of it. It's not a "look at me" moment. It's between you and God - say thank you, and move on.

Yup.  That's pretty much what I was saying.  These people were LOUD.  And they were the kind who just randomly start talking to people at other tables LOUDLY about nothing of consequence, whether they actually want to talk to them or not.  As soon as they get one who is friendly (either genuinely, or just trying to be polite), they start in on their tirade against other restaurants, etc.  So my guess is that they were either praying loudly, or causing a disturbance, and even then, I doubt anyone said anything to them directly.  It just doesn't add up, but they want attention, or sympathy, or a free meal.  Who knows?  We ignored them until they put their Gospel Tract tip out, and my husband made a comment as we were leaving.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 4

I haven't seen a delivery place that takes checks in about 5-10 yrs and I've lived in 4 states during that time.  

People are assholes.  I overtip unless my service was horrible and it was the servers issue. (I.e. They aren't understaffed, it's not the kitchen)

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, califred said:

People are assholes.  I overtip unless my service was horrible and it was the servers issue. (I.e. They aren't understaffed, it's not the kitchen)

Sadly, the more I interact with people, the less I like them.

When I was single, on the first date, I took notice how well my date tipped. If it was good. Great. If it was bad, no second date for you! 

It may seem silly, but to me, the true measure of a person is if they do the right thing when they don't have to. You know, If they do right when no one's looking.

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, califred said:

I haven't seen a delivery place that takes checks in about 5-10 yrs and I've lived in 4 states during that time.  

Well, we have some old customers which the owner has grandfathered - even old good customers who are allowed to post date checks. Course I'm talking a small mom and pop business, not a national chain franchise. It was an eye opener for me to see how many thousands of dollars in bad checks people wrote back when we accepted checks.

3 years ago, when I first retired from driving, most people paid with cash, a few with credit cards, even fewer by check. After my recent close call with a craigslist rental scammer (which I wrote about at the time, mainly in the off-topic forum) I gave up on renting my spare bedroom and am back to driving maybe 20 hours a week. Seems credit cards are now the most popular method of payment (hopefully debit and not credit) and cash is second. Checks a distant third, almost nonexistent.

Hmmm, never thought about it before, but I wonder if the bad check collection agencies took a hit when so many businesses stopped accepting personal checks. 

• Love 2

The rerun with the Section 8 Landlord?!  Holy smokes!  What a nut. Absolutely wanted her 20-year old condo redone on someone else's dime!  I hope if she did call Section 8 they got a load of her, too.  (Can we send in a video?!) 

• Love 2

Aww man, we waited so long for new episodes and got a couple of duds!

The pool league was a snore. I think the "owner" was clueless. There was no way he could have charged what he did and gotten anything in return. I think he planned to pay prizes, and couldn't get it together. I wouldn't sue for a prize, though. They got to play and have fun for a dollar a game. Not sure if he was a scammer, or just didn't collect enough money. Seemed like a lot of work for a twenty dollar a person scam.

Eureka and Tamika were mildly interesting if only for Eureka's facial expressions and Eeyore like delivery of "Whatever you say your honor".

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

The rerun with the Section 8 Landlord?!  Holy smokes!  What a nut. Absolutely wanted her 20-year old condo redone on someone else's dime!  I hope if she did call Section 8 they got a load of her, too.  (Can we send in a video?!) 

OMG!  And she kept getting worse and worse and louder and louder in the halterview!  Truly a nut; hope Sec 8 doesn't do business with her again.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

And I hate to say it, but in all my years in the restaurant industry "Christians" were the worst!!!! At one point, we actually considered stopping Sunday Brunch because getting anyone to work was such a hassle. It ended up being a rite of passage for the new people. Want to work Saturday night? Well, you have to pay your dues with the after church crowd on Sunday first!

Instead of a tip they would leave these little pamphlets. Or, they would leave pennies after running you ragged for hours. One day I had a server in tears because she had served a large party of "church ladies". While they were sweet, they were very demanding. Since this was her only table, she was very attentive. She was new, so I was right there helping. These guests had a wonderful meal, terrific service, and more free refills than I thought humanly possible.

When check time came, they took one look at it and raised a huge fuss. They wanted her to give them 20 individual checks. Normally I wouldn't, but to be gracious, we did it for them. Each of these women left her a little "Here's your tip" prayer card and no cash. She came to me in tears, and I stopped them in the parking lot.  They assured me everything was lovely, but that they "tip" a better relationship with Jesus. At the time, just for this reason, the menu clearly stated that parties of 10 or more would be subject to a %16 gratuity. They argued that because they got separate checks, they weren't a group, and the minimum gratuity didn't apply.

Of course, the goal is not to argue with customers, so I didn't. I did, however, gather up their little cards, hand them back, and ask them to go elsewhere from now on. I wonder how any of them would feel, come Friday, if their paycheck was a prayer card. I wonder if the bank would accept that for my mortgage payment?

I have nothing against true Christians. I'm Christian. It's just the ones who hit you over the head with their piety. Newsflash - you don't need to tell me how Christian you are. If you really are, I'll notice. If not, it's false advertising.

May I ask, what brand of Christians were they?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Brattinella said:

May I ask, what brand of Christians were they?

You may ask, but I don't know : )

I'm sure it had a link to their church on the card. I didn't see much but red, past the "Here's your tip".

This happened more than once. Some had cards, some had pamphlets. I even heard of one that looks like cash tucked under the plate. When you lift the plate, the "cash" is revealed to be a message, bible verse, etc. That seems especially cruel - glad I never had one of those!

So, maybe more than one brand.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

It's on and crackin'!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

Eureka and Tamika were mildly interesting

Eureka! Her name is EUREKA! I used to shout that all the time when I was in high school. Luckily I got over it but imagine if your partner's name is !Eureka! Arguments would leave the neighbours scratching their heads. The blushing would-be bride is more in need of a couple teeth than a 1K wedding dress.

• Love 9

That case puzzled me until I went back and rewatched parts of it.  Eureka Starr is my second favorite JJ contestant name.  Maybe third, behind Tashma Body and Crystal Meth-head or whatever it was.  I was surprised our friendly judge didn't call out the blushing bride for her posture.  Drove me crazy. 

And our second case this week of purple!!   You know I'm all about the fashion and coiffures here. Maybe production found a sale and outfitted everyone.   Way to go! 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Maybe third, behind Tashma Body and Crystal Meth-head or whatever it was. 

You're not forgetting Kokka Coleman, are you?

45 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Eureka Starr is my second favorite JJ contestant name.

I know! If JJ gets sick of listening to these sordid tales, she should make the litigants arm wrestle or compete in something - winner gets the entire judgement. Byrd can officiate.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, bad things are bad said:

Eureka and Tamika...I didn't catch the first few seconds so I didn't know their names and was pretty convinced they were a mixed-gender couple. Tamika had a lowish voice and a hint of a stache, wonder if she's going through a transition. 

I think you are right.  I would never have guessed that Eureka is a woman, ever.

• Love 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

You're not forgetting Kokka Coleman, are you?

Did not know about this one!  Wow.  Impressive!  Doncha know when the registrar is writing these things on the birth certificates, they've got a whole WALL full of names like this one?  I ran across a Rocky Rhodes once.  Sigh.  At least there is no punctuation in those.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

I ran across a Rocky Rhodes once.

Wow. I guess he, and "Justin Case"who was a litigant here, were unwanted babies.

28 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

I would never have guessed that Eureka is a woman, ever.

Never, ever.

• Love 4

ARGH!!!!  I'm exactly two minutes into Ms. Winters and her 7 children (who supports herself on $600 a month from her child's SSI).  I may not make it to the end.  Breathe in, breathe out.  Angela, grab the wine!!!!  Stat!

JJ: "What do you want?"

Ms.W: "I want my money back."
JJ:  "How much money did you give him?"

MsW: "I didn't give him nuthin'." 

Of course!

• Love 3

Eureka and Tamika were mildly interesting if only for Eureka's facial expressions and Eeyore like delivery of "Whatever you say your honor".

Eeyooo-reeeka! I can't even breathe. . . .  I always love the matchy-matchy couple names . .. Eeeyor-reeka and Tamika. . . Jim and Kim (my old neighbors). . . . Ken and Barbie (no seriously, he's a heart doctor and she's a beautiful blonde, no kidding, but they are lovely people). And I knew a Candy Cinnamon in high school. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

JJ isn't on here yet, but I'll be checking in after it airs.  Sounds horrible!

Just realized it was one of the early reruns.  It may not show up.  I today's afternoon second ep.  Dud.  Two ungrateful brats and one typical 17-year old goober.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SandyToes said:

I'm exactly two minutes into Ms. Winters and her 7 children (who supports herself on $600 a month from her child's SSI). 

I just... couldn't, with Tynetta in her ratty wig saying how she chose to drop seven babies. Why not? She gets rewarded for being a premiere breeder. Her rent is free, she gets SSI and etc etc plus I just bet the "friend" lives with her, happily partaking of the unwilling largesse of the taxpayers. Ugh. Not good for my blood pressure. When I was young and living alone, I had to get rid of my car. I didn't have 7 kids (or even one) but I couldn't afford it because for some reason, no one wanted to pay my rent for me. Unfair.

Dopey woman in a truly horrific, Halloween-type wig, having an hysterical apoplectic fit over her formerly white bedroom that her ditzy, overaged hippy sister painted? Nope, sorry. Couldn't deal with her either. Take a pill, you fool.

I couldn't take any of these reruns. They're actually worse the second time around.

• Love 2

I just... couldn't, with Tynetta in her ratty wig saying how she chose to drop seven babies. Why not? She gets rewarded for being a premiere breeder. Her rent is free, she gets SSI and etc etc plus I just bet the "friend" lives with her, happily partaking of the unwilling largesse of the taxpayers. Ugh. Not good for my blood pressure. When I was young and living alone, I had to get rid of my car. I didn't have 7 kids (or even one) but I couldn't afford it because for some reason, no one wanted to pay my rent for me. Unfair.

She also travels back and forth between Akron, where she lives, and Dayton, where her kids' fathers are.  She shouldn't care about her kids' fathers if they aren't contributing to the family.

• Love 1

The guy in the case of the three seniors fighting over a diamond ring was sure a catch, with that one huge tooth centered in the middle of his mouth.  It made me nauseous to think what kissing him would be like.  I can only shake my head and realize that is a mans world for sure, if he had two fiancees in the last couple years even with his janky dental situation.

• Love 18

Forget the kissing stage, I don't want to watch him eat! But, he's the Facebook lothario with his groupies and country band. Look for him at the next Country Music Awards....watch out Blake Shelton!

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Didn't you wonder what intoxicating trick he does with that tooth that spellbinds so many ladies?

2 hours ago, patty1h said:

The guy in the case of the three seniors fighting over a diamond ring was sure a catch, with that one huge tooth centered in the middle of his mouth.

If I had seen these posts earlier I would have made a point of dropping everything I was doing to watch this. Mr. Henson - sporting the second egg tooth we've seen on this show - is irresistible! Be still my heart! The mangled English, the solitary, showcased tooth, the fiancee - who appeared to be in her late 70s - early 80s and will defend her hunk of burnin' love til the end - kept me enthralled throughout. Mr. Henson, who is highly in demand,  wants his current lady to have a real, gen-yoo-wine diamond as a symbol of his love and undying fidelity, no matter who paid for it. Okay, it's all fun and games but seriously? He appears on stage somewhere with that single snaggletooth and feels no embarassment at all?

20 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

She also travels back and forth between Akron, where she lives, and Dayton, where her kids' fathers are.  She shouldn't care about her kids' fathers if they aren't contributing to the family.

Re:Tynetta - I don't know why she travels back and forth either. Surely she can find someone in the immediate vicinity to spread for who will donate more sperm so she can continue to be a "stay at home mom" on the taxpayer's dime. Use what passes for a brain, Tynetta. Have an eighth child. No one would ever expect you to work with all those diapers you have to change. It's not your responsibility!

Edited by AngelaHunter
Spelling. I needed extra wine to watch this
  • Love 8

Wow...I guess there is a lid for every pot as my grandma used to say.  Or in his case, one lid for many pots. Mr. Hensen and his band must be the AARP equivalent of Justin Bieber with all his groupies.  I'm not trying to be ageist (as I will be collecting my own AARP card in a few more years), but I'm going to assume most of his harem lacks 20/20 vision.  Personally, I would have to be completely blind to overlook that lonesome snaggle "toof". The man must have some other kinds of charms to keep the ladies flocking to him.  The plaintiff looked and sounded sane, so now I'm very curious about makes him soooooo attractive to these women.  I think we can rule out "excellent dental benefits".

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

The plaintiff looked and sounded sane, so now I'm very curious about makes him soooooo attractive to these women.

The same thing that makes the legion of creeps, druggies, jailbirds, parasites and fugly assholes appealing to all the desperate women we see here who shower them with money and lovin' - they have a pulse. JJ litigants require nothing else.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, basiltherat said:

I wonder if Senior Snaggletooth's righteous country & western band is called "Spooky Tooth:"

'cuz it is, darlin'

OK, I know there's a man shortage in the geriatric cohort, but seriously, ladies - ew.

• Love 4