Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Virtually Me said:

Husbands in charge is not a Muslim thing; it's a man thing that lots of religions convey.  American Christians believe that the husband is in charge of everything because, it's in the Bible. In the US, there are plenty of households that operate that way. 

Not at Christians think this way.

14 hours ago, Virtually Me said:

Husbands in charge is not a Muslim thing; it's a man thing that lots of religions convey.  American Christians believe that the husband is in charge of everything because, it's in the Bible. In the US, there are plenty of households that operate that way. 

Those who do subscribe to these ideas also expect the husband to work and support the women and children, something Mo has not been willing to do.

• Love 3
On 10/27/2016 at 10:26 PM, aurora296 said:

I used to like Noon, but I feel she's going against everything she planned on doing with Kyle. She can go to Thailand for up to 6 months to see her Dad? That's not long enough? Is her father dying or just suffering with normal older person's illnesses? When she agreed to come live in the US, she never considered that her family might have ups and downs and she can't be there for them? These are the options you weigh while you are deciding whether to move to a new country, not after. Poor Kyle. She's putting him in a bad spot. 

I got my green card 17  years ago and I was told back then that you cannot leave USA for longer than a year  and if you are gone for 363 days as long as you come back on day 364 you are fine and won't lose the green card. I'm not aware of any changes. I think the immigration lawyer visit was scripted to match their storyline. He never specifically said anything just skirted around the six months since they needed it to make it more dramatic.

I am starting to think about getting citizenship just worry about the civic test, my memory got worse and worse for the past 10 years because of fibromyalgia and chronic pain plus all the pills I have to take. Wish I thought of it before I got sick. But who thinks in mid 30 that your memory will soon turn to shit :( But im gonna try anyway. I found app that should help me memorize all the things that even most of the American born citizens doesn't even know LOL

Edited by ava111
Adding
  • Love 4

I think Kyle is weird and his eyes bother me. They always seem red-rimmed and he's very weak-acting. While I understand that Noon may have been intimidated by New Orleans, for him to up and move across the country to try and make her happy wasn't a smart move, IMO.  And I agree with others who don't understand why now she HAS to stay longer than 6 months? That's a long time. If her dad is dying, then it's probably long enough. If she just wants to spend time and help them out, that's long enough too.  She's looking for a way out.

Of course, when I went back and watched the episodes where she first arrived and saw his horrific disgusting apartment, I wondered why she didn't hop on the next plane back right then and there.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She cam all the way to another country to be with him. How is it weak to move across the country to make her happy?

I didn't say moving was weak; I said it wasn't a smart move in my opinion. To go to a brand new city across the country with no job prospects is not the most responsible plan.  Similarly, Russ just couldn't bear to stay away from Paola to do his (what seemed to be responsible, well-paying) job as an engineer because she was sad and missed him- so he left work mid-assignment to be with her.  And look where that got him.

I have heard many versions of the "I've given everything up to be here with you" and "I want her/him to be happy because she/he gave up everything to come here" on this show. While that might be true, the decisions were made by mature adults who weighed the pros and cons. Of course it's hard to leave what you know and move far away, but the American half of the pair is the one who must work and provide financial means for them both- at least early on.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

I didn't say moving was weak; I said it wasn't a smart move in my opinion. To go to a brand new city across the country with no job prospects is not the most responsible plan.  Similarly, Russ just couldn't bear to stay away from Paola to do his (what seemed to be responsible, well-paying) job as an engineer because she was sad and missed him- so he left work mid-assignment to be with her.  And look where that got him.

I have heard many versions of the "I've given everything up to be here with you" and "I want her/him to be happy because she/he gave up everything to come here" on this show. While that might be true, the decisions were made by mature adults who weighed the pros and cons. Of course it's hard to leave what you know and move far away, but the American half of the pair is the one who must work and provide financial means for them both- at least early on.

Portland is such a city that both Kyle and Noon could thrive. 

• Love 4

I laughed my ass off at the situation with Pao and Russ. She told her parents she was modelling in lingerie. Not topless.  And if Russ thought that HER parents would AGREE with him, he’s as stupid as he looks. 

The whole Daya thing being upset about a baby… so she has an unbalanced thyroid. That is EASILY corrected with medication.  I don’t understand why she can’t keep trying for a baby.  TLC script?

Danielle – just the fact she still has him listed as “hubby” on her cell phone reeks of desperation. She wants her Momo back.  What a delusional nutter.  I know it was producer driven. But still.  I hope the cash that TLC coughed up for her was worth the fact she sold whatever tiny shred was left of her self respect before she went down to Florida.

• Love 4

Could be one of those TLC set ups with Devar and Melanie in the coming attractions.

If its true, good luck to Devar.   He will need it because Bev and Melanie with Fargo him thru a wood chipper.

I think he has been lying to her from day one.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I laughed my ass off

The whole Daya thing being upset about a baby… so she has an unbalanced thyroid. That is EASILY corrected with medication.  I don’t understand why she can’t keep trying for a baby.  TLC script?

I was so confused. They were acting like she was permanently infertile.

• Love 6

Did Loren tell the camera man that if they aired that part of them arguing she was gonna rip his dick off? How many times has she mentioned that she wants to show his family that Alexei made the right decision to go to Florida and to show them that she's the best wife for him, but then when Alexei stands up to her, she says he's turning into "Florida Alexei" meaning that's all they do in the US is argue and their are basically putting on a front in Israel. I felt sorry for him, getting torn apart by the woman you are supposed to share vows with to your entire family and friends in a few minutes. 

Danielle has really crossed a line into stalker territory. I'm really feeling bad for her daughters now. Yes, her intro music has turned weird. Danielle does this one nostril/ other nostril scrunch thing lately. How did it go from snowing last week at Walmart Tom's house to her flying to Miami in rainy, but warm enough for sandles, skirt and no jacket? How will Mohammed having a restraining order against his wife help him with immigration? Imagine that! Mohammed has a "friend" who happens to be gorgeous and oh look at that! she has an equally gorgeous friend. He couldn't stop smiling to save his life. 

Devar has that smirk that makes him look like a pro scammer. Didn't they agree not to support his sister and give her money only for emergencies and such? Then he tells the camera he will be supporting his sister. What exactly is a commercial diver? And how many do they need in small town Pennsylvania? 

Did it look like Daya kept hiding her stomach area this episode, like they are covering up a pregnancy, planning to spring that news later? I kinda dug Brett's rap. He's a dork and I had no opinion of him before, but that song was really sweet and the lyrics were pretty good. 

Russ is annoying. I wonder what drew him to Pao in the first place? Maybe the skimpy, sexy clothes she wore in Columbia. If he and his family are offended by a wife exposing her curves, why didn't he marry a nice, modest church girl? 

Unless is just part of the TLC script, most or all of these marriages aren't going to last. 

• Love 5

Pao is just as bad at couples dicussions/negotiations as Nicole.  Two big babies unable to compromise, or have a rational discussion without always cutting the other one off.

Russ behaved like a decent, intelligent, caring man should.  She was a petulant baby. Her "career" in Miami is a joke.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, aurora296 said:

Devar has that smirk that makes him look like a pro scammer. Didn't they agree not to support his sister and give her money only for emergencies and such? Then he tells the camera he will be supporting his sister. What exactly is a commercial diver? And how many do they need in small town Pennsylvania? 

The only divers that I know of in that area of PA  (that are paid) are those that dive for dead bodies in all the scattered little lakes. So, it makes no sense. The unpaid divers that I know of in that area are only muff-divers. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

The only divers that I know of in that area of PA  (that are paid) are those that dive for dead bodies in all the scattered little lakes. So, it makes no sense. The unpaid divers that I know of in that area are only muff-divers

My mind went straight into the gutter. 

2 hours ago, greekmom said:

IDanielle – just the fact she still has him listed as “hubby” on her cell phone reeks of desperation. She wants her Momo back.  What a delusional nutter.  I know it was producer driven. But still.  I hope the cash that TLC coughed up for her was worth the fact she sold whatever tiny shred was left of her self respect before she went down to Florida.

It looked like she had a picture of him while driving in the car, which made me wonder if it was taken as they drove to withdraw the annulment. 

Danielle makes it so easy to clown her and so hard to be sympathetic towards her.  I'm just about ready to scream at the screen with the hopes that she get a modicum of pride or self respect. She thought this would be a romantic vacation and packed her swimsuit because maybe she  and Mo would go to the beach. Oy vey!  

Part of me thinks Danielle is the perfect punishment for Mohammad.  

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 11

Oh Loren! So only perfect wedding will prove to his family and friends that you are the perfect little wife for him worthy of leaving his whole life and move to different country to be with you? I thought the right proof would be the way you treat him, love him, respect him and take care of him and not if there is a seating arrangement in place or that you look beautiful in your wedding dress. Those are such a superficial things to look at. I bet his family will be more appalled by the fact how you constantly bicker and bitch about everything than that  the china is the wrong color or drinks are not cold enough or whatever issue you will be able to find. Then they might think that maybe he could find less controlling girl back in Israel. 

And Alexi, if your friends are not happy for you that you found someone to share your life with and moved away and don't have time to spend emailing and skyping with everyone all the time then they are not your real friends. Good friends will support you thru good or bad whether you are in next house or across the world from them and don't abandon you just because you didn't call... I left my country almost 20 years ago and with it a small but very good group of friends.  I used to go home maybe every couple years but even with being in barely any contact (I'm not someone who needs to be constantly in touch on phones, emails and whatever) when I go back we all get together and even though we didn't speak for a year we are right back together enjoying each other company without any guilt trips.  Then I might not talk to them for 5 years but but again we get together and catch up on everything. No drama necessary.

Noon and Kyle? If you have provisional green card then why don't you go away  for 5 and half months, come back to USA for few weeks and go back? Maybe by then you will get regular green card and can start citizenship process and go back  to be with Noon's family again for 11 months or till you need to come for civic exams... no need for this drama about exile. But then we wouldn't have this show I guess... never mind. Danielle would loose her "job" too and we can't have that... LOL

Edited by ava111
  • Love 4

Danielle turned stalker i agree on that... she wants romance after mo told her no more just friends... i cant for the life of me feel sorry for her she is cray cray!!!! What happenned to gabe?

where did mo meet greica wtf!! This guy picks up fast!! He is probably really good charmer wtf!!

loren just exagerates.. alexei was already stressed and she is putting oil in the fire!!!

devar is shocking me i never thought he would scam melvi mean she flew to jamaica over 20x.. thats just sad!! What about her son? Wow!!!

noon just wants to go back to thailand forever thats one person the green card she can give 2 shits about!!!

• Love 1

I dare say most husbands I know would not be thrilled about the topless poses, so whether or not I care for Russ, I think he has a point. What she did with her parents was really nasty, huge difference between lingerie and topless.

I think its major editing with Devar and everything is fine there. I just cant feel any sympathy for Mel, she essentially purchased this relationship and this is what she wanted. Before they married he said he wanted to send money back home and she married him accepting that.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, happy hobo said:

The only divers that I know of in that area of PA  (that are paid) are those that dive for dead bodies in all the scattered little lakes. So, it makes no sense. The unpaid divers that I know of in that area are only muff-divers. 

I see what you did, there. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Verojama said:

Danielle turned stalker i agree on that... she wants romance after mo told her no more just friends... i cant for the life of me feel sorry for her she is cray cray!!!! What happenned to gabe?

where did mo meet greica wtf!! This guy picks up fast!! He is probably really good charmer wtf!!

loren just exagerates.. alexei was already stressed and she is putting oil in the fire!!!

devar is shocking me i never thought he would scam melvi mean she flew to jamaica over 20x.. thats just sad!! What about her son? Wow!!!

noon just wants to go back to thailand forever thats one person the green card she can give 2 shits about!!!

They met at the shopping mall. He asked her if she liked his shirt. She proceeded to take her clothes off and throw all of the money in her wallet at him. 

Well, that's how it happened in my mind. The last sentence is just my imagination running wild, as usual.

Edited by Landlord
  • Love 2

I really hope for Alex's sake that all Loren's drama is for the cameras because I could not imagine living with that on the regular. Alex I'm going to the store to buy something for dinner. 30 minutes later comes home sobbing that they didn't have the correct fish and dinner is ruined and she wanted everything to be perfect for dinner. Wah wah locks herself in bathroom. Cue Alex to stand and the door trying to placate her. But Alex it's all about you and your perfect dinner. Rinse and repeat for everything from toothbrushing to having a kid. Hod she's exhausting. 

So who didn't think tlc hired a couple of girls to sit with Mo on the beach? And didn't suggest to Dani that she fly to Miami to find Mo?. Miami is not like Tunisia. Actually I'm impressed that Dani was able to navigate herself to the airport and get to the hotel. But then again she had a crew with her. So is Mo working or does he just sit on the public beach in his ugly ass swimsuit and tank top that looks like it came from the Sears summer camp collection. 

So Melanie who is so protective of money opens a joint account with Devar? That goes against everything in her nature? Esp when they disagree about helping his family. Why would she give him a few to her money. 

Kyle and noon whatever except I do feel bad for Kyle Everytime they show his mom. Woman can barely move of stand she is so wasted. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 6

I read an article about people who dive in sewage. Maybe that's what Devar means.

Re: Kyle and Noon spending 11 months of the year in Thailand, usually visa rules etc. dictate six months out of twelve, not 5.5, come back, go away for another 5.5. 

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

I really hope for Alex's sake that all Loren's drama is for the cameras because I could not imagine living with that on the regular. Alex I'm going to the store to buy something for dinner. 30 minutes later comes home sobbing that they didn't have the correct fish and dinner is ruined and she wanted everything to be perfect for dinner. Wah wah locks herself in bathroom. Cue Alex to stand and the door trying to placate her. But Alex it's all about you and your perfect dinner. Rinse and repeat for everything from toothbrushing to having a kid. Hod she's exhausting. 

So who didn't think tlc hired a couple of girls to sit with Mo on the beach? And didn't suggest to Dani that she fly to Miami to find Mo?. Miami is not like Tunisia. Actually I'm impressed that Dani was able to navigate herself to the airport and get to the hotel. But then again she had a crew with her. So is Mo working or does he just sit on the public beach in his ugly ass swimsuit and tank top that looks like it came from the Sears summer camp collection. 

So Melanie who is so protective of money opens a joint account with Devar? That goes against everything in her nature? Esp when they disagree about helping his family. Why would she give him a few to her money. 

Kyle and noon whatever except I do feel bad for Kyle Everytime they show his mom. Woman can barely move of stand she is so wasted. 

My theory is he took $100 and went for a night on the town with friends (if he made any) to celebrate receiving his green card. He wasn't back at ten o'clock and she freaked out. "Ermahgerd, who will sex me hard tonight? I is forever alone bcoz Devar is gone foreverrr!, Better Call Bev and hear "i told you so!"..."

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do most people open joint accounts with their spouses? (I am not married.) And when one  does not work at all?

Been married ten years and we still don't have a joint account. We each have our own, and use the other's card when needed (IE I'm flat broke and we need milk, I'll take his card. He's flat broke and need a part for his car, he'll take mine. We by miracle always managed not to be broke at the same time haha!) We both work seasonal (him in spring to fall, me from fall to spring), we just never had the need for joint account. 

Edited by Landlord
car, not card...
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Loren drove me round the bend! Who gives a damn about the seating arrangement? Let people sit where they want! Doesn't she have a wedding planner? What is he doing, exactly? All of her problems are of her own making. Barking orders at your family is not a good look, Loren.

I've said it before and I'll say it again--Kyle and Noon planned to move to Thailand all along. TLC is promoting the "sick father" story for drama. Will they or won't they? And what of Noon's green card, the holy grail? The one single thing that everyone on planet earth lusts for? Meh, I don't buy it. They've already sold everything and gone to Portland. Its probably pretty easy to travel to Asia from there. I will cheerfully bet a shiny quarter that the plan all along was to go to Thailand for an extended visit, at least. There's some producer manipulation going on for sure. Every time Noon says her father is sick she hastens to add "a little bit", kind of a "knock on wood". Kyle's mother is just sad. "She's taking away my kid!" Yeah, Noon's an evil Jezebel, luring your loving, attentive son away to some sybaritic shangri-la.

So, Melanie loves Devar and trusts him 100%. Which is why she uses her sister as a club to beat him with? She trots Bev out to say what she won't. She complains about all the money she's spent supporting him--didn't she make him quit his job? Wasn't it her choice as a grown woman, to go to Jamaica and visit? So own it already and shut up. Devar may or may not have ulterior motives, who knows. If they don't last forever, maybe they'll have 8 or 10 great years. In my opinion they should be enjoying their life together and making it count, but Melanie is borrowing trouble and using her sister to sow discord instead of sticking by her husband. She married him. She says she loves him. If she had this much doubt, well, no one made her. I don't understand why she is compelled now to try and cause problems and mistrust in her marriage.

• Love 6

Dani's final look in the mirror before she went to Florida must have something like this: Garish hair color that brings out the ruddiness of my cheeks - check, yellow t-shirt that brings out the dead fish tone of my skin - check, skort that shows off my tree trunk legs - check, tennis shoes & crew socks that highlight my cankles - check. Lookin' good! Mo can't so no to this. But just in case, I'll have my new tankini to wear to the beach and once he's sees how hot I am in that, he'll be putty in my hands.

Dani, honey, c'mon. The only way you're going to get Mo back is to buy that ass. You need to show up in an outfit made of $100 dollar bills with a check from your lottery winnings in hand. Then you need to get Mo some prescription nausea meds and hard liquor (beer or wine ain't gonna cut it) so he can go to the scary place between your old oak trees and earn his allowance.

Loren & Alex care way to much about what everyone else thinks. They've been married a year, but THIS wedding proves they're right and good for each other. If I'd only known that the perfect dress, location, food and attendees were what made a marriage last, I could have avoided a divorce. Damn you Vegas quicky wedding!!

• Love 18

Dani moving into stalker mode was just sad and disgusting. I know TLC. Is scripting all this and probably Mo too but geez, this is getting old.

I'm over Loren and Alex's story. Boring. Same with Pao.

Daya. There is a pill you can take if your thyroid is off. Lots of women have babies when they are over 30. I also know women who had thyroid problems and got pregnant and had healthy babies. 

If I had been Noon and Kyle, I wouldn't have bothered talking to his mother. The women obviously has a problem, mental, drugs, something. To me it sounds like they plan to stay in Thailand for more than a visit. Didn't they talk about what kind of job Kyle could get there?

Devar and Mel need to keep Bev out of their business. I can't wait to see what happens with them next week. But then again the previews could just be a fake out. 

• Love 1

I think the Devar and Mel is just stupid editing to create drama. And even if he did leave, you reap what you sow. She bought herself a husband who made it very clear he was sending money home, he even said on TV before they got married that he would do it behind her back. She financed this relationship and got what she wanted. However, Bev cracks me up and I love her appearances so keep up the fake drama:)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Dani moving into stalker mode was just sad and disgusting. I know TLC. Is scripting all this and probably Mo too but geez, this is getting old.

What is that God-awful music they keep playing when they show Dani.  I think it's scripted with both she and Mo.  Both of them need the cash and know that if he's deported or if they go their own separate ways, the TLC show and paycheck are history.  They will keep this going for as long as they can, or until TLC stops paying them.  They are the new "Honey Boo Boo."

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:50 PM, Miss Chevious said:

Side note - Dani needs to  fix her car instead of wasting money chasing after Mo. Her hood was barely staying on and she was missing a hubcap. 

Ohio doesn't have inspection laws.  It threw me for a loop when I moved out there how many cars were missing bumpers (and would sub a piece of wood), windows, etc.  One guy where I lived drove around without a hood.  When he parked, he taped cardboard over it (but he had a building shaking sound system, which he advertised heavily on the back window, and then wondered why he got his car broken in to).  They also have summer and winter cars.  Many people I knew had a car that looked like rust holding hands that they drove in the winter.  I'm from PA, and they always said that Ohio was PA's junkyard.  Many cross the border and buy cars that won't pass inspection here and use them as beaters over there.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

Maybe Alexei owes everyone money LOL

I said to myself when I was watching that he was another (insert name of deceased friend of mine here).  Everyone loved him because he was the one who always bought drinks, bought people's way into concerts, gave gifts freely, etc).  When he died suddenly, his buddies who were on the receiving end of his generosity acted like their world came to an end.  Oh noes!  Who will buy the booze now?  They're all like "God, I miss him so much" or they post photos of him on social media with cryptic song lyrics.  It really irritated me for some time.  Still does a little, but not as much as it used to.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:58 AM, thejuicer said:

I am no Loren fan but I thought Alexei's friends were straight up jealous catty bitches.

Like others have said, Alexei is a grown adult who is responsible for his own decisions. And you know what, getting married DOES change your life. After I got married I started spending 90% of my free time with my husband and we are happy to do so. Our single friends know barring "guys night" and that sort of thing we are a package deal. I'm just going to venture a guess that the two girls in the bar are single. I wouldn't be thrilled if my husband still went bar hopping or had coffee dates with single female friends.

His true friends would be supportive of the decisions he has made. It's not like Loren abuses him or has given them any reason to think she's not a good partner. And I really hate when people start a sentence with "I don't mean to be rude, but..." and proceed to say the rudest thing possible. When other people start sentences like that with me I just interrupt them and say "So don't!" and walk away. What I hoped Loren would have done.

Reminds me of "Peggy Sue Got Married".  When her friend said that she just couldn't marry that poet guy, because they were all supposed to marry their high school sweethearts and be neighbors and take their kids to the park together, and do barbeques together, and that poet guy wasn't the barbeque type.  As was suggested prior, he's probably the first of his friends to get married.  And don't get me started on "I don't mean to be rude....".  It's the same as "Well, no offence, but...".  Just say "I'm going to offend you in 3...2...1...."

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:05 PM, Virtually Me said:

Try again.  Fundamentalist Christians, and some of the more old-order denominations still preach that crap.  Most mainstream denominations rejected that crap back in the 70's (or even a little earlier) and teach that a marriage is a partnership.

13 hours ago, greekmom said:

I felt for her initially - even though it's been years, I still some days feel the sting of being infertile.  Especially when everyone around me has kids.  No, I haven't tried medical intervention - I'm not a candidate.  Yes, I've tried adoption - we don't qualify (sore subject).  So I was a little annoyed when I heard "thyroid" - something easily controlled with medication.  Spare me the fake drama, TLC.  And besides, she's a step-mom, so she's got that.

12 hours ago, aurora296 said:

Commercial DRIVER (not diver).  In other words, a tractor trailer driver.  And if that's the life he wants, he's in a good spot.  He's about 30 minutes from the greater Allentown area, and there are TONS of trucks and depots there.  Mr. Funky works in that industry, and their corporate offices are nearby.  That's a huge area for that.  The question is whether she wants him to do what will net them the most money: over the road driving.  He'd only be home once or twice a month for a few days at a time.  For local drivers who are home every day, the money is not as good.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Try again.  Fundamentalist Christians, and some of the more old-order denominations still preach that crap.  Most mainstream denominations rejected that crap back in the 70's (or even a little earlier) and teach that a marriage is a partnership.

No reason to try again because I was right on point. While there may be denominations that have softened the message, Christianity remains an essentially patriarchal institution and that is part of their paradigm.

Getting off topic.

Edited by Virtually Me
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

No reason to try again because I was right on point. While there may be denominations that have softened the message, Christianity remains an essentially patriarchal institution and that is part of their paradigm.

To me, you're painting a lot of people with a very broad brush, but to each their own.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

I'm not discussing people, but, denominations. 

It's like saying all Muslims believe in Sharia law, and stoning, and honor killings because some hard-line fundamentalists do.

I'm not arguing the point any further.  You brought up religion.  I disagreed with your comment.  You disagreed with me.  I said "to each their own".  You have your issues with it and I will not change your mind, nor will you change mine.  Case closed.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

It's like saying all Muslims believe in Sharia law, and stoning, and honor killings because some hard-line fundamentalists do.

I'm not arguing the point any further.  You brought up religion.  I disagreed with your comment.  You disagreed with me.  I said "to each their own".  You have your issues with it and I will not change your mind, nor will you change mine.  Case closed.

Ironically, if you look back, I responded to a blanket statement about Muslim men. You responded to me as if I had made a blanket statement about Christians,  which I did not. I'm fine with ending it because I know I didn't post anything offensive. Enjoy your day.

On 10/24/2016 at 4:15 AM, MidwestIndy said:

Dani is trying to make Mo love her because she believes that she bought and paid for him. She mentioned about after spending all that money, that her marriage is over, like she just could not believe that he was not grateful enough to stay with her. Yes, I believe Mo only wanted the green card and committed (sp?) fraud, but IMO Dani also committed fraud when she described how wonderful their life would be together, no money worries, etc..Yes, she did ask him for money to buy shoes for her daughter, but told him that she would pay him back out of her share of the TLC paycheck. She led him to believe that she could afford to sponsor him, feed and clothe him, pay all the bills to keep them a place to live, etc..He had no way of knowing there was a loophole to get around the financial requirements by way of her using a co-sponsor. He had no way to know the financial mess and level of poverty that he was stepping into. She totally misrepresented herself to him by the lack of financial support, and he lied about his motives and feelings. Did you hear their conversation tonite when they spoke about how she would lock him in a room, refusing to let him leave because he was not working on the marriage like she thought that she had the right to force him to do, because she had bought and paid for him? Guess what, Dani? Forcibly preventing another person from leaving by lockng that person in a room is considered to be kidnapping! She locked him in a room as a way to control his behavior. Did you see her display of temper? If Mo had locked Dani in a room, everyone would, of course, be upset and calling him a kidnapper. But Dani can lock Mo in a room, and everyone ignores it?! And Dani, just how did Mo lie to you to get you to pull the annulment? He and Tom talked you into it, but what lies did Mo tell you specifically, to get you to pull the annulment? You were just pissed because Mo did not answer your many stalkerish phone calls, etc, and because how dare he destroy your delusions. Dani believes she can make Mo love her, keep her TLC paycheck, and have all that attention from being on sooshul meediah if she keeps her paws into him. Also, IMO, I do not agree with him emptying their bank account, but Muslim men believe that a husband is in charge of everything.

Mo told her that if she gets the annulment he will stay friends with her

that is what she means by he lied to her

• Love 2

I'd have an easier time with Pao's focus on moving to Miami for her career if her career was anything other than modeling and her so-called potential earnings estimate didn't come from some dime a dozen agency and a photographer Pao paid for a shoot.  I just can't. And yes I know there are other types of modeling besides runaway, VS catalog and beauty endorsements like Maybeline and Lancome.  At best she might get some bikini, lingerie work from Frederik's of Hollywood type catalogs or shaking her ass next to Pitbull in a music video.  Even those windows are small and narrowing as she gets closer to the big 3-0.  Cruel but true.

Pao's parents ain't shit for that easier to find new husband as opposed to a new career comment.  Don't blame Russ for being salty and storming away. I feel like Russ for all his alleged rigidness is being more mature and understanding about this than Pao. He didn't have much of a problem with the pics until he got to the topless ones. 

Pao there is a word for someone how puts themselves first always with no consideration for others - SINGLE!  Should have stayed single if you want to run off and do you at any and all costs but than again you wouldn't be in the US would you?

I did wonder if she had plastic surgery. Those boobs seem to have gotten bigger since last she was featured. 

Mel uses her sister Bev as her mouthpiece. It is like they are playing bad cop and not quite really good cop in their Devar tag team. Devar has never veered from his feeling that he would support his family back home and neither has Mel in saying no sir to it.  There are at a detente. At this point, Mel just needs to realize, this is in part cultural and it is going to  happen especially if Devar is earning his own money. She just needs to manage the amounts Devar sends over. I can't feel any sympathy for her - such is the price for imported peen. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

It's actually DIVER without an "r." - Like, underwater.

That's not what I heard when I watched it this morning.  I heard driver.  I didn't hear diver, and that would make no sense.  Did he say this anywhere other than on the show?

• Love 1
Just now, funky-rat said:

That's not what I heard when I watched it this morning.  I heard driver.  I didn't hear diver, and that would make no sense.  Did he say this anywhere other than on the show?

He said it many times in the previous seasons.  Definitely DIVER.  He even specified it was for underwater soldering, which is big on oil rigs.

• Love 5

I am team diver on this issue. That education will give him plenty of opportunity to make lots of money when he returns to Jamaica to live with his sisterwife and his kids. His older sisters were cackling up a storm about something that hasn't been revealed yet. Life in America was probably not what he bargained for - I wouldn't live in the flyover zone that he ended up in for more than a week without being bonkers. I need to be close to the ocean. Need it. I do think that Melanie's phone call to Bev was a goof. Bev is spectacularly rude - I can't imagine that she would ask the same questions to a good ol' American white biy who was dating her sister.

Pao is too old to begin a modeling career of any significance. She made a poor choice of husband and needs a reason to exit the marriage gracefully and retain her green card.   

• Love 7
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Do most people open joint accounts with their spouses? (I am not married.) And when one  does not work at all?

It really doesn't matter. It is considered 50-50% no matter what type of accounts it's kept in...unless it belonged to one party prior to marriage and none of it is ever spent on normal expenses. If they get divorced, it's 50% his no matter where she keeps it.

• Love 1