Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/12/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Does anyone know if the angle of Hillary endangering her grandchildren was brought up on F & F this morning? That's just such a bizarre thing for CCB to say. Somebody must have planted that little seed in her head (shades of Ailes coaching Bitsy via Geddie. Is Ailes really gone? Isn't he advising Trump these days?). I recently heard Trump referred to as Putin's "Useful Idiot." CCB is The View's Useless Idiot.

It was discussed all day long on AM Talk Radio.  I don't ever watch Faux News, but I heard that Steve Doocey did a faux, high-five when a random pollster said that Trump was now going to win.  I sampled around the AM radio throughout the day, and every host was in nirvana, chirping that they "always knew" she was near death.  In addition to Chelsea's kids, they also "worried" about the little girl who stepped forward to greet Mrs. Clinton as she departed Chelsea's "Fortress" (again, their term), saying it was irresponsible for someone with a "life-threatening" medical condition to purposely infect young children.

I haven't dared to even glance at Breitbart or InfoWars, but I suspect the 45% of America who are violently anti-Hillary are wallowing in it.  

I saw that the girl who greeted Hillary was interviewed by Inside Edition, but the volume was turned down.  I think they showed the "collapse" a half-dozen times in B-roll.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Tosia said:

I was noticing and wondering why the new show, Bull, was getting so much ad time and promotion on tv.  I figured that the network must be placing alot of $ on it succeeding.  Now I know.  Dr. Shill and his ilk are behind it, which means I will skip it. 

It does star the former star of the #1 rated show on TV for the past decade:  ex-NCIS Michael Weatherly.  My stepmother has watched every NCIS for 10+ years and she loves the actor.

9 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

tentativelyyours said:  And Oprah Winfrey might have her legions of fans, but to me, taking McGraw, Dr Oz, Rachel Ray and Tyler Perry into account and I wouldn't complain too loudly if the Hague created a tribunal for crimes .....

Sorry, (I always like your posts), but I just don't understand what you're saying here.  (Sorry if I sound "thick"!!)

Oprah had all these people on her show frequently and may be held responsible for foisting them on introducing them to America.  Funny, I liked them all when they were just occasional guests.

The doctor I heard interviewed on the news last night said pneumonia is usually not contagious.

• Love 7

Since they didn't talk about the HRC "deplorables" comment yesterday they talk about it today and was a fail just like you would imagine.

Sarah is fence rider who always says things that make me think she knows nothing about politics but talks anyway. Yet, she always seems to believe any media narrative out there. She's so concerned about voters being insulted and alienating them. Guess what Sarah, those people were not going to vote for Hillary anyway. HRC said those comments in front of media with cameras not in a back room being secretly recorded. She knew what she was saying and what she said was right. 

No, Jedi and Candace, this isn't about generalizing voters. This is about pointing out the truth that Trump has created a campaign about white nationalism and many are flocking to that message. Candace had the nerve to say they don't show when Trump says good things. What planet is she on?

This was an opportunity for Joy to point this out that and give proof, but that would require research and we all know the View don't do that. Sunny would have come with receipts like this https://t.co/e15NehBgnM and this https://t.co/mZZEb5modz . Along with studies on how Trump voters think Black people are more aggressive and that President Obama was born in Kenya.

HRC was talking about racists, islamophobes, homophobic people, etc. and they are deplorable. Sunny needs to get here very soon. I see that she is the only that backs up her opinions with facts and data. 

• Love 13

Airhead Sara Haines really should shut up about her returning worn clothes.  She is just so proud of herself that she had to bring it back up today. At least Joy tried to call her out on it.

The View must be proud of her also since they are now using yesterday's clip in a promo.

I just do NOT need to see that much of CCB's daughter. I really do not. Why didn't they just have her at the table?

• Love 7

I'm concerned that now that Sunny has been named a permanent host we will never see her again.  Like last season when they named all those substitute hosts (or, whatever they were called)' like Padma, sherry and Stacy, and then never used them.

• Love 4

I forgot to mention in my previous post that Trump's own campaign manager(the latest one) Kellyanne Conway called Trump supporters "downright nasty" and "skeeze". Not to mention Trump called most Americans stupid and said all black people live in poverty and go to terrible schools. But yeah, Hillary called bigots, bigots so clutch the pearls. Trump's VP won't even call a white supremacist deplorable. You can't make this stuff up. Watching today's show and none of these facts being brought up is so frustrating. 

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 16

I'm concerned that now that Sunny has been named a permanent host we will never see her again

Sunny and Jediblahblah are "contributors" not permanent "co-hosts".

Not really sure what differences are in these "titles"  and I don't think The View knows either or still can't decide who they want.

All  I is know is six people (Whoopi and Joy seem to be the only two on daily) rotating in and out is annoying.

• Love 1

I didn't get the point of the clip they showed of Candace either, although I could tell it was from Full House just from the way it looked. I imagine Joy wouldn't waste time watching a cheesefest like FH. The only positive I can think to say about Jed and Candace is they had nice earrings.

Whoopi was best during the pneumonia discussion. We're so worried about a woman getting sick (what a fault), but Trump has never released his tax returns. And no talk about what he was saying on 9/11's anniversary while Hillary was getting overheated wearing a gun vest because he's egged on his voters to assassinate her.

I'm glad they all were looking at Candace like she was stupid (because she is) when they were talking about the football players' protests. It must be nice to live a life where you never have anything to protest, Candace. You wouldn't want to be put out of sight, out of mind, if it was something that affected you.

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm concerned that now that Sunny has been named a permanent host we will never see her again.  Like last season when they named all those substitute hosts (or, whatever they were called)' like Padma, sherry and Stacy, and then never used them.

Ain't that the truth. What a shame we have a show with trash like Jed and numbskulls like Raven/Candace, when the show could be something wonderful like Sara, Joy, Sunny, and Padma everyday. They had the opportunity. Whoever runs The View these days clearly loves Jed/Paula/Candace's brand of misinformation and hatred (coated in Christian victimhood).

• Love 19
1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

Candace had the nerve to say they don't show when Trump says good things.

Trump has said good things?  When? Where?  What? I'm going to need Candace to back up that claim.

I am so over Hillary being taken to task for every single fucking thing she does and says.    And Trump is just left to shoot his mouth off about whatever fucking pops into his mind while the media breathlessly reports it all.  I don't know if it's sexism or just sheer hatred towards her that has so many holding her to higher standard. Whatever it is the hypocrisy makes me want to just scream.

And Candace needs to sit her pretty little rich white ass down.  As mentioned above when has she ever in her life been in a position to where something was happening to her that she felt like she would have needed to protest?  And if she ever even thinks to say her Christian beliefs are being trampled on then she needs to talk a Muslim and they can tell her what it feels like to have your religious beliefs trampled on.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 22
27 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

It must be flattering to Whoopie that Candace is emulating her by trying to make her daughter happen.  Maybe Candace is trying to avoid supporting her daughter for the rest of her life the way Whoopie's been supporting hers.

Isn't Candace an evangelical Christian? don't they eschew things that reflect the  world around them? if so, why is she promoting her daughter like that..I always got the impression that Candace has done what is expected of her by those around her...She got married at 18 and started having children pretty quickly...She probably never had a moment to discover  her sense of self, independent of those around her..I have a feeling that she would have been very different, if not for her insane brother and his brand of Christianity...Candace is super annoying at times with her ignorance, but, she does not really bother me like Elizabeth, because she seems like she has a good heart. Whereas, Bitsy was devoid of any feelings for her fellow man....She was the antithesis of love your neighbor,as you love yourself...I remember how unfeeling she was about children with no insurance and the little bitch was screeching, where are the parents and Joy barked at her that they were poor...That interaction cemented my eternal contempt for that cretin....

I too have no problem with Hillary pointing out the type of people that Trump attracts with his dangerous rhetoric......They are a basket of deplorables....There is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade..If the republicans had called him out as a collective, perhaps, he would not be the nominee..Too little too late....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14

Regarding the new theme song, i neither like nor dislike it. However, almost every day last week and also yesterday, they mentioned that it was the View's "very first original theme song in 20 years."  Uh, did they forget  that month-long search contest for a theme song and even had the winner perform it, played it maybe once after and then abandoned it?

• Love 7

Sara sure tried to backtrack the returning clothes thing.  Must have caught a ton of flak.  CCB shilling her daughter....not surprising.  When did Whoopi try to make a career for her daughter?  And ditto what pachebo said about the theme song.  I remember that...actually wrote one but never sent it in.

I'm only watching this week 'cause I'm home sick with a case of shingles from hell.  I even got my shot about a year ago!  Just walking to the bathroom wears me out and my arms and back are covered..  I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.....well...I can think of one person.  Anybody got a good home remedy?  I'm using OTC stuff for the itching.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, OhioSongbird said:

Sara sure tried to backtrack the returning clothes thing.  Must have caught a ton of flak.  CCB shilling her daughter....not surprising.  When did Whoopi try to make a career for her daughter?  And ditto what pachebo said about the theme song.  I remember that...actually wrote one but never sent it in.

I'm only watching this week 'cause I'm home sick with a case of shingles from hell.  I even got my shot about a year ago!  Just walking to the bathroom wears me out and my arms and back are covered..  I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.....well...I can think of one person.  Anybody got a good home remedy?  I'm using OTC stuff for the itching.

Oh man, you poor thing.  All I know about shingles is that my nephew had them & he was in agony.  Sorry, no recommendation, but be strong!!!

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

My thoughts are with you.  I had a nasty bout with them in July and the only thing that kept me from wanting to peel off my own skin was a healthy dose of Cortizone 10, bathing in Calamine lotion, and extra strength Tylenol. 

Stay strong! 

• Love 5

WoW!    Candace's daughter, Natasha Bure, must be a bundle of talent.  First we learn that she's a contestant on "The Voice," and today saw that she "walked the runway" during New York Fashion Week.  What a coincidence!  What luck!  SURELY there was no help from Mom...and every cute 5'2" teenager can just waltz into a TV studio or fashion house and get the job she wants.  What's next?

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

WoW!    Candace's daughter, Natasha Bure, must be a bundle of talent.  First we learn that she's a contestant on "The Voice," and today saw that she "walked the runway" during New York Fashion Week.  What a coincidence!  What luck!  SURELY there was no help from Mom...and every cute 5'2" teenager can just waltz into a TV studio or fashion house and get the job she wants.  What's next?

Nepotism at it's finest and this is the same woman complaining about Black men protesting the national anthem....The Constitution affords them that right.  We are not all as privileged as you Candace, try to be a bit more empathetic to why the people are protesting....You don't have to like it, but, you don't have to condemn it either....Acknowledge that this country, has not always been welcoming to those deemed different...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Sara sure tried to backtrack the returning clothes thing.  Must have caught a ton of flak. 

I don't think she backtracked it. She certainly didn't say she was going to stop doing it or was sorry she did it.

If I find the energy, I'll watch it again. In the meantime, I'll stay nauseated from listening about and seeing CCB's daughter.  Guest co-host next???

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, pachebo said:

Regarding the new theme song, i neither like nor dislike it. However, almost every day last week and also yesterday, they mentioned that it was the View's "very first original theme song in 20 years."  Uh, did they forget  that month-long search contest for a theme song and even had the winner perform it, played it maybe once after and then abandoned it?

LOL, good catch @pachebo!  I totally forget/blocked that out!  The show loves to start new things ("contributors", segments, etc) that they eventually disregard like a child with too many toys. 

I did catch the first 10 minutes today - did I hear correctly that Whoopi opened NY Fashion Week?   Seriously?  Hahahahahahaha

I couldn't believe it so I looked it up and while Whoopi pretty much messed up the reporting of it, (shocker!) it actually it sounds like an entertaining show although I don't really get the Fashion Week connection.  And I'm 100% certain no one in the audience ever watches The Spew.  http://time.com/4487382/whoopi-goldberg-opening-ceremony-fashion-show/

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

And I may have to take back what I said about Sara being mostly inoffensive. Her saying that Hillary should have taken the time off and not gone to the 911 Event and "explained why" and people would have "accepted and understood" and then idiotically saying how Hillary shouldn't "group" people/voters because it's not nice or whatever she said, just had me desk palming my head.

Oh airhead Sara Haines. She is now in a contest with herself to say the stupidest things.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 4
Just now, Morgalisa said:

I know I am probably alone here, but I still enjoy Sara. She should probably sit out the heavy topics though. There is no brain trust on the panel,  so low bar.

It may be a low bar,  but, she is starting to annoy me now, especially, since she was hired to replace Michelle..Despite her corny jokes, I thought Michele had alot to offer as a single, thirty something, childless woman who is not a size 2....

• Love 13

I'm waiting for a Whoopi-Free Friday but thinking I need Born Again Barbie to be out that day as well.  Any chance she is "working" a four day week too?  

Jediblahblah twitter's message said she is there Mon-Thurs. Also we know there is no chance Sunny will be there. So those two are out.

- if no Whoopi, you're left with Joy, CCB, airhead Sara, Raven, Paula.

-if Whoopi (somehow I doubt she'll be there on Friday but...) then you may get your wish and no CCB.

Clear as mud, right?

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

In addition to posting who the guests are going to be each day at the top of the thread, perhaps someone should post who the hosts are going to be.  

I usually don't even make it to the guest segment anyway.  But I might make it a point to tune in if I actually liked who was hosting that day. 

• Love 2

I think michelle would have offered a more balanced perspective to the discussions especially when it came to Hilary and Donald.  

Sara is sweet, but out of her depth here.  I liked her on Today with Kathie Lee and Hoda..but she did the fun segments usually if i recall.

• Love 3

In addition to posting who the guests are going to be each day at the top of the thread, perhaps someone should post who the hosts are going to be.  

I don't think there is anyway to know which one of the eight will show up until they walk out. Is there?

It could only be done after the show has started, right?

Edited by Vinyasa
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I usually don't even make it to the guest segment anyway.  But I might make it a point to tune in if I actually liked who was hosting that day. 

1 hour ago, Vinyasa said:

I don't think there is anyway to know which one of the eight will show up until they walk out. Is there?

It could only be done after the show has started, right?

Great idea Celia!  Maybe they could also find out who is getting the better ratings that way too (by how many are dvr'd and watched within 24 hours?  But that's probably why they won't do it.   They want people to tune in before they turn off.  

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

I wonder if anyone will comment on Obama stumping for Hillary until she can return?  I already loved him, but I thought that was extra kind.  He's got to be tired of this horrendously demanding job...

President Obama actually seems to enjoy this opportunity

Suffering for weeks with seasonal allergies (lack of rain in New England isn't helping) I diagnosed Hillary from her coughing fit - I am lucky to have avoided complications such as a sinus infection or pneumonia by keeping on top of medications. 
Wish someone would acknowledge seasonal allergies as Hillary's precipitating issue!

• Love 3

At least they kept CCB and airhead Sara out of the Edward Snowden movie segment.  They wouldn't have understood one word of that discussion.

Keep them to their real talents of pulling a piece of paper out of a fishbowl,

• Love 10