Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/12/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Oh I don't doubt she was cringeworthy - I've seen her ignorance.    I just don't think she's dumb as much as uneducated, but I could be wrong. 

I don't know about the other Cosby kids but if child stars end up well educated I credit their parents, who generally aren't looking to their child for financial support (Natalie Portman comes to mind) and prioritize their kid's education. I do know that Raven worked non-stop from age three until a few years ago.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Paula Faris is one very busy woman! She has been on TV all this weekend. Right now she is on GMA and reporting on the bomb blast in Chelsea this morning. When I watch her on the news, I can see why The View hired her and hoped that it would translate to a talk show.

I was watching her yesterday, Saturday, on the morning show as well. There was some bantering back and forth between her and the two guys who do the morning show. I don't think I was hallucinating when one of the guys were joking about jobs and the other one said something like 'well, you can have Sarah's job' and very quietly Paula said, "stop."

If I heard all of this correctly, it seems there might be a broader opinion of Sarah as a bit of an airhead. Or maybe I was hallucinating. It WAS early! :)

But, if I did hear all of that correctly, it says something admirable about Paula. She wasn't having any of it at the expense of another woman.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 10

GMA has a great group over there both weekdays and weekends. I don't watch during the week usually but always on weekends. I switched from NBC after Lester left the Today show. Paula and Dan, Ron, Rob and now Nick have a lot of fun, tease each other, and obviously get along well. Then Paula has to sit with Whoopi and her bitchiness on The View trying to make the best of it. The money must be too good to pass up otherwise I wouldn't be subjecting myself to Whoopi. Paula has been on GMA during the week this season too.

Paula is conservative yes, she says moderate, but most of all she really is a good person. She is loyal to her friends obviously. She likes to joke around and laugh with the GMA folks. We see it on the weekends. She and Dan are a great team. Sunny was on this morning as well with a news story.

• Love 4

I like Sarah, a lot.  I like the fact that she listens, that she is sweet and respectful of the other women. i think we have gotten so used to women on talk shows being aggressive in order to be "relevant " that's not who Sarah seems to be.

• Love 8

Paula Faris is one very busy woman! She has been on TV all this weekend. Right now she is on GMA and reporting on the bomb blast in Chelsea this morning. When I watch her on the news, I can see why The View hired her and hoped that it would translate to a talk show.

I was watching her yesterday, Saturday, on the morning show as well. There was some bantering back and forth between her and the two guys who do the morning show. I don't think I was hallucinating when one of the guys were joking about jobs and the other one said something like 'well, you can have Sarah's job' and very quietly Paula said, "stop."

If I heard all of this correctly, it seems there might be a broader opinion of Sarah as a bit of an airhead.

Sara is an airhead. 

I think she is easily ignored for the most part but the more people pay attention, her dimness is obvious.

• Love 1

Paula? All I can think of now when I look at her is her dream of one day having a pregnancy crisis center where she can lie and trick women into having babies that they do not want. Not buying the "good person" thing here with her. Whoopi can bully her all she wants. I don't give a shit.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I'm not sure those parents were very concerned with her education.  Raven's entire K-12 schooling happened on a television set, thanks to those parents who put her to work at age three.  For most of Raven's childhood she was the breadwinner of the family.   

But I agree, she is too ignorant to be on a talk show - even this one. 

She makes Debbie from one of the first seasons look like a genius.

All hail "set school".

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 4
On September 19, 2016 at 9:31 AM, sugarbaker design said:

I didn't know it was a Beatles song, I thought it was a Tommy James and The Shondells song.

I guess I'm also Clueless because I did not know it was a Beatles song.  Can't say I ever heard their rendition but will look it up.

• Love 1
On 9/19/2016 at 10:31 AM, sugarbaker design said:

I didn't know it was a Beatles song, I thought it was a Tommy James and The Shondells song.

Sorry, I meant to add that it was a Tommy James and The Shondells song--but most people that I know, are familiar with the Beatles's remake of it.

1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

I guess I'm also Clueless because I did not know it was a Beatles song.  Can't say I ever heard their rendition but will look it up.

My bad in not clarifying--not an original Beatles song, but one of a few remakes they did.

• Love 2