Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/12/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

If anyone is holding their breath to see Kiki Palmer, give it up, she's not appearing.

ETA:  The last five minutes is taken up showing videos of "The View Slide".  I'm not watching, but hope Celia will give us a heads up when hers is being shown!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

If anyone is holding their breath to see Kiki Palmer, give it up, she's not appearing.

So we did have one bright spot today after all.

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I really think they could have given the teacher or his school something.  "You're the best teacher EVER!"  Now, go home.

Yeah, they could've at least given him Sexiest View Guest award or something.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They only had a little thing at the end, FormerNun. Nothing overblown like Whoopi's birthday or Raven's birthday. You can tell the person by what they demand of the show for their special day. Whoopi and Raven's egos are huge, so I'm sure they'd like to have 3-hour specials, but there's only just the full hour to fill.

Sara's baby shower probably used up the quota for having a BIG ASS EXTRAVAGANZA when she wasn't even on this show as a co-host yet. Goodie. I can just fast forward that crap. Like I do whenever Chipmunk speaks about her daughter, or whenever the audience gets something or talks about something "close and near and dear" to her heart.

Yes, I'm a meanie.

• Love 7

I had to take a phone call and paused the show, decided to FF through the birthday stuff so next thing I knew the show was over!  Not much to see today.

I was surprised to hear Paula criticize Trump about the birther stuff.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 2

For all you Sara fans - it's her birthday! This View day is not going well for me ...

Whoopi and Joy wanted nothing to do with being up there! It is worth just watching to see them thinking "is this EVER going to end?"

They didn't even give airhead Sara a cake.

• Love 1

Slavery Education?      I'm two years older than Joy and (also) went to Catholic schools 1-12.   Even though we were living in the "frontier/uneducated" state of Arizona (compared to New York), we were taught about slavery in American History in elementary and high school.  Not all the personal and economic ramifications, but we did learn that slaves arrived by ship under deplorable conditions.  The economics surrounding slavery was just one of the reasons for the Civil War.  How did anyone learn that Lincoln freed the slaves if we didn't learn "anything" about slavery.   Joy just doesn't remember.

• Love 7

I am not a Sara fan. But, I loved seeing Tiffany. Pop 80's geeky music fan here.

I thought that Joy said in some interviews that being the moderator on Fridays was what one of the producers offered to woo her back last season.

Whoopi probably found out that Fridays were well received and the big ego that she has, demanded to be present this season.

Raven, girl, it's time to go. Really, enjoy the new View mug as a parting gift. She is just incapable of having a conversation without getting irritated  & aggravated. Her Trump/Ivanka  lust defense to Joy was just plain idiotic. Joy's reaction to Raven's comments was just a state of disbelief.

Also, I want Paula to stay. Really, I do. Not because I agree with any of her views. Just because she drives Whoopi crazy. And I enjoy that.

Edited by rags
  • Love 10

Their discussion of the native American girl who doesn't stand for the Pledge of Allegiance  - Whoopi missed something.   She said the girl had been not standing for 7 years, and now her teacher is taking points off - "Why didn't they notice for 7 years?"  Whoopi, the school year just started.  The teacher that is punishing her for it - wasn't her teacher for the past 7 years! 

Trump and his "Birtherism" -  it wasn't about Obama being born in Hawaii - Trump said Obama was born in Kenya.  Raven didn't know why it was being brought up NOW?   Because Trump has been asked, over and over again, to re-cant the statement, which he has refused to do.  Now, he finally takes it back, but blames it on Hillary.    And - Trump had promised to give $ 5 million to charity if someone could prove that Obama was born in America.   And then -  it was proven, Trump said it wasn't good enough.  Now - cough up the money, Trump!

• Love 13

I have to give Whoopi props for saying she didn't want to "objectify"  the teacher, who is being seen, I guess as a "hot teacher"  by People magazine.   Yeah, good job, Whoopi.  It's about time!  (can't believe I actually praised Whoopi)   It's been driving me crazy that the pendulum has swung so far that it's not OK to objectify women any more, but treating men as sex objects is now expected. 

They needed to spend more time on the substance of his lesson - which is that the majority doesn't get to decide by voting, on issues that impact the minority.  Race, gender, sexuality, religion, nationality -  discrimination is not subject to the "majority rules" decision-making.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Because Trump has been asked, over and over again, to re-cant the statement, which he has refused to do.  

Sorry to pick on you, @backformore, but you know how anal-retentive I am--there is no hyphen in the word recant. 'Tis one woird. I considers you my cyber friend, so I hope you don't take offense.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

Trump and his "Birtherism" -  it wasn't about Obama being born in Hawaii - Trump said Obama was born in Kenya.  Raven didn't know why it was being brought up NOW?   Because Trump has been asked, over and over again, to re-cant the statement, which he has refused to do.  Now, he finally takes it back, but blames it on Hillary.    And - Trump had promised to give $ 5 million to charity if someone could prove that Obama was born in America.   And then -  it was proven, Trump said it wasn't good enough.  Now - cough up the money, Trump!

Did Whoopi think she was being cute squawking about Hawaii being part of America and asking how Trump doesn't know this? It was such a dumb way to make her point.  She kept saying it over and over.  She knows damn well Trump thinks Obama was born in Kenya. But I guess that was her little way of acting like it's just a given everyone knows and believes and accepts Obama was born in Hawaii, so the issue must be that Trump doesn't know Hawaii is part of the US, and haha isn't that funny.   ???? 

No Whoopi, it's not.  It's stupid. Shut up. Especially on Fridays you lousy Friday show spoiler.  Get off my TV at least ONE DAY a week, please! 

1 hour ago, rags said:

Raven, girl, it's time to go. Really, enjoy the new View mug as a parting gift. She is just incapable of having a conversation without getting irritated  & aggravated. Her Trump/Ivanka  lust defense to Joy was just plain idiotic. Joy's reaction to Raven's comments was just a state of disbelief.

Raven was just beyond foolish today.  Rolling her eyes at Paula over the father kissing thing, talking down to her.  I don't like Paula and that still pissed me off.

I acknowledge that perhaps this most recent thing Trump said about his daughter is not the worst thing he has ever said about how "hot" she is, but Raven didn't seem to understand that it's a cumulative thing and the kissing comment can now be added to the list. A very gross, creepy list of things that Joy tried to fill her in on, but she didn't seem interested.   Sigh.  Raven, sweetie, it's just so *awesome* that you are so in tune and aware and sensitive to the plight of daughters whose fathers aren't nice to them, I mean that. But you are letting that blind you to the fact that Donald Trump repeatedly references how he finds his daughter sexually attractive.  

You missed the point. Again. When are you leaving?  Didn't they fire you?  Why are you still on my TV? 

• Love 10

Da FUCK??!!!!!!! Did Raven actually, actually equate the gross, disgusting, Orangutan's inappropriate words and actions toward his daughter as being better/okay, because "some dads don't kiss or hug their daughters"???

She can go now and never come back. She fucking expects the others to let her speak her mind and give her respect, and doesn't do the same. She and Whoopi were TOTALLY referencing Cosby, with that "case by case basis" bullshit. I was just as gobsmacked and disgusted as Joy, and yes, My mind will go there when it comes to that Orange ARSEHOLE because of his past behavior!

I come from a very demonstrative and affectionate family too--and both my parents kiss and hug me, but YES, Paula, it is WRONG, that at 40+, you're still sitting in your father's lap. They, and Whoopi can just...wait for iiiiiit....STFU.

Still watching, so I'm sure I'll be back with more outrage shortly.

• Love 14
On 9/13/2016 at 4:50 PM, geekburger said:

Yes Whoopi, the American Politcal Pundits would be lucky to have you moderate the first debate and surely must be clamoring to make it happen. 

Whoopi as a moderator or ANYTHING [including this third rate talk show] is laughable.  On the other hand, so is this presidential election. 

17 hours ago, backformore said:

Something bugged me about today's show.  they were talking about dating older vs. younger men.   Whoopi said she dated a younger man one time, until he asked her is Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings - then she realized she had to end it, told him to get out. 

that line rang a bell.   I've heard it before - it didn't happen to Whoopi, I heard it as part of a stand-up act, from a male comic.  I thought when I heard it,  the joke was about a guy dating a much younger woman until she didn't know that McCartney was in a band before Wings.  

Sure enough -  Whoopi stole that joke, from Billy Crystal   only , in the version linked, it was Crystal saying his daughter asked the same question.  I don't know if Billy Crystal originated it, the link was to someone reporting that he heard it from Crystal.   regardless, it was a joke she didn't write, and she told it as though it had actually happened to her. 

Ah-ha!  Plus, that wasn't even the first time Whoopi has used that stolen line.   I can remember her saying it [on this show]  so long ago that Wings was a relevant reference.  When she repeated it again recently I remember thinking that no one under 50 would even know the Wings reference.   Lame all the way around.  

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Especially on Fridays you lousy Friday show spoiler.  Get off my TV at least ONE DAY a week, please! 

Right?  Dammit I was looking forward to a Whoopi free Friday.   I appreciate the warning here - another show deleted.    It's hard for me to believe Whoopi would willingly work an extra day for the same money but I can see her doing it for 'extra' money.

ETA:  Vinyassa, don't you feel a little bit vindicated by Sara's dimness finally showing?  :-)

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

Y'all FORGOT to mention that Debby Debra Gibson also wished Sara a happy birthday! I've always preferred her to Tiffany, though I also liked Tiffany.  And no one will convince me that Sara was clueless and didn't know that "I think we're alone now" was a remake of a Beatles song.

And to prove how shallow I can be, I find that New Jersey teacher...hawt.

Sue me.

• Love 5

What no one bothers to say about the birthers' stupidity is that Barrack Obama's mother was a US citizen, so he is a US citizen, regardless of where he was born.  There have been other candidates that actually weren't born in the US, but it was never an issue before.  

This show is so bad, I don't understand why they keep it on the air.  Babawawa was good, but once she left permanently, the show started The View Slide into this mess.  Other than Joy, I can't really stand any of these people.  I think The Slide started with Elizabeth Hasselback and equal time for nonsense.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, atomationage said:

What no one bothers to say about the birthers' stupidity is that Barrack Obama's mother was a US citizen, so he is a US citizen, regardless of where he was born.  There have been other candidates that actually weren't born in the US, but it was never an issue before.  

This show is so bad, I don't understand why they keep it on the air.  Babawawa was good, but once she left permanently, the show started The View Slide into this mess.  Other than Joy, I can't really stand any of these people.  I think The Slide started with Elizabeth Hasselback and equal time for nonsense.

He would not automatically be a US citizen if his mother was regardless of where he was born. There are steps that have to be taken, which would be on record. Yes I believe Obama was born in Hawaii, just pointing this out. 

ETA: Well, I might be wrong about that after all according to this. I was reading about Obama needing a Consular Birth Report. Then, I read another article which states because of when he was born, he would be considered a citizen. Oh well, guess it doesn't matter. The repubes focus is all on Hillary now. 

Edited by abstractstuff
  • Love 1

Since Raven is always claiming that this election cycle is the FIRST time she's decided to "read up*" on politics, she needs to just SHUT IT, and stop arguing and making sneering faces at Joy, when Joy is trying to explain why that Orange Orangutan is "finally...admitting" that President Obama was born in the United States. Or trying to curry the African American/Latino vote.

*by this I mean, her sources of information are Twitter, Face Book and other social media, instead of history books.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Since Raven is always claiming that this election cycle is the FIRST time she's decided to "read up*" on politics, she needs to just SHUT IT, and stop arguing and making sneering faces at Joy, when Joy is trying to explain why that Orange Orangutan is "finally...admitting" that President Obama was born in the United States. Or trying to curry the African American/Latino vote.

*by this I mean, her sources of information are Twitter, Face Book and other social media, instead of history books.

It's not just that Raven relies on social media for her information, she only relies on social media from the past 12 to 18 months, and that's being generous. Anyone who wasn't aware that Trump has been saying creepy, inappropriate things about his daughter or that he has been the most vocal birther conspiracist in the country, questioning Obama's citizenship status at ever turn, has not been paying ANY attention for the past decade.

Again, Trump blatantly LIED that Hillary's campaign started the birther movement, and NO ONE is calling him on it? Every single person on that panel should be blasting him out of the water. Ugh, I can't wait for November.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Dahlia said:

She is dangerously stupid. Whoopi is disgusting forcing her on us 

I don't even want to watch anymore.  Please Sunny. I need you back 

Yeah, did you see Whoopi's face while Raven was giving her stupid Trump rant? She was trying hard not to laugh, almost like the two of them both hate Joy and she was enjoying Raven trying to sock it to her.

ABitofFluff: Actually, Paula criticized him at the beginning of the topic saying it was a Clinton supporter, but it had no connection at all to Hillary or her campaign. Color me shocked that it came from Paula.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Something bugged me about today's show.  they were talking about dating older vs. younger men.   Whoopi said she dated a younger man one time, until he asked her is Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings - then she realized she had to end it, told him to get out. 

that line rang a bell.   I've heard it before - it didn't happen to Whoopi, I heard it as part of a stand-up act, from a male comic.  I thought when I heard it,  the joke was about a guy dating a much younger woman until she didn't know that McCartney was in a band before Wings.  

This happened to me. Not in dating someone... but I went to a wax museum in Chicago a loooong time ago, maybe three or four years after the Beatles broke up. The Beatles were memorialized in wax there, showing their appearance on the Ed Sullivan show. Each figure had a plaque saying who was who (never a great sign for a wax museum to have to put names on its figures, but oh well).

There were some younger kids in there with me and my family, and a boy around 12 said to the other, "Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?" I was an older teenager and predictably rolled my eyes. But it did happen. I'm sure I've said things equally naive. But I'm not an EGOT, so I can't plagiarize it.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, rags said:

Also, I want Paula to stay. Really, I do. Not because I agree with any of her views. Just because she drives Whoopi crazy. And I enjoy that.

I want her to stay too.  I disagree with her religious and political views, but she presents them in an intelligent and appropriate manner. She seems like a genuinely good person--not perfect, but definitgely not a wacko.  I love that she bugs Whoopi too.  She also doesn't need to do the Jedidiah ME-ME-ME, SEXY ME, SMARTER THAN YOU-ME!

• Love 6

I Think We're Alone Now was a hit by Tommy James and the Shondells in 1967, so, Whoopie and Joy are the only ones on the panel that might remember the original.      But, Paul McCartney was in a whole different league than Tommy James.  Good plagiarized story though, Whoopie.

• Love 3
On 9/14/2016 at 10:59 PM, maryis1 said:

About the sex scenes: I have heard more than one actress and actor say that they can honestly get aroused during the filming of those scenes if they don't have much dialogue and if there aren't fifty cameras.

Becoming "aroused" is a far cry (okay...not that far) from actual penetration--but still.... 

• Love 1
On 9/13/2016 at 1:31 PM, Vinyasa said:

Oh airhead Sara Haines. She is now in a contest with herself to say the stupidest things.

Even though I am a Sara fan, I enjoy this comment and agree.   Maybe she can bring back the ever-popular "dumb blonde" from entertainment days gone by.

Have I bitched about anything/everything Jedidiah?  If not...consider it done.  Roger Ailes, please give Jedi a job!

• Love 2
On September 15, 2016 at 10:20 AM, merriebreeze said:

Love Joy bringing up Rosie's name in the conversation about Trump and his weight (when he called Rosie fat). Karma's a bitch, eh Donald? And I agree with Whoopi - Hillary's speeches to Wall Street are not the same as Trump's tax returns. 

Trump also called Rosie a degenerate.  Never understood why no one has ever confronted him on that. Was he using that term to attack her sexuality? 

• Love 4

Raven stating she did not know what a Republic was.......[head hits table]......

She is one of the most uneducated people I have ever seen.  Don't we learn we are a republic like in 2nd or 3rd grade?  Isn't it reinforced in high school when you delve deeper into civics/government? 

Her parents should be ashamed of her.

• Love 8
On 9/15/2016 at 11:59 AM, Bronzedog said:

Whoa!  I was a huge fan of the Beach Boys decades ago, but, the Beach Men sounded terrible.

That's because they really aren't the Beach Boys. Just one original in this group I believe. IIRC, the only one in that group from the originals is Mike Love. Without Brian Wilson in any new iteration of the Beach Boys, it's just not the Beach Boys. It ends up being a bad, pitchy tribute band.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 6

BTW, would someone here more fashion conscious than me explain that dress that Sara was wearing today? Was it leather? Shiny shiny eyesight piercing leather? It was a terrible cut and did not compliment her figure at all. She has a very nice figure and this dress did nothing for her.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sorry to pick on you, @backformore, but you know how anal-retentive I am--there is no hyphen in the word recant. 'Tis one woird. I considers you my cyber friend, so I hope you don't take offense.

No offense taken. I know the correct spelling, my brain got stuck searching for the word I wanted, and I ended up substituting recant and screwing it up.

I notice stuff like that too.  I stubbornly refuse to "like" a post if the poster uses "should of" instead of "should have", because it drives me nuts.

• Love 9

Yeah but most of those women were actresses playing dumb for comedic effect.  They were portraying a character, just as you said. The difference is that Sara is coming across like she is actually a stupid woman.  It's not being done for laughs, except ones at her expense. 

It's not any different from when Raven says stupid things imo.  YMMV.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Raven stating she did not know what a Republic was.......[head hits table]......

She is one of the most uneducated people I have ever seen.  Don't we learn we are a republic like in 2nd or 3rd grade?  Isn't it reinforced in high school when you delve deeper into civics/government? 

Her parents should be ashamed of her.

I'm not sure those parents were very concerned with her education.  Raven's entire K-12 schooling happened on a television set, thanks to those parents who put her to work at age three.  For most of Raven's childhood she was the breadwinner of the family.   

But I agree, she is too ignorant to be on a talk show - even this one. 

• Love 9

I'm not sure those parents were very concerned with her education.  Raven's entire K-12 schooling happened on a television set, thanks to those parents who put her to work at age three.  For most of Raven's childhood she was the breadwinner of the family.   

But I agree, she is too ignorant to be on a talk show - even this one. 

True, but somehow all the other "Cosby Kids" went on to college in real life. Like really good colleges and graduated. Well except for Lisa Bonet. So maybe it wasn't the onset education she received, maybe she is just not that smart (my vote). Raven had me cringing all Friday. I hope they are truly phasing her out. 

• Love 11