Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

For the love of all that's Holy - can somebody please get Nicole a bra that fits her? The boobs constantly hanging to the sides are very distracting (though maybe least of her worries).

I loved the reaction of Chantal's parents. At least they tried to look shocked for production! No way they didn't know what was up. Like they don't have friends or even acquaintances that clued them in to this show. Chantal expected them to believe that some guy that can't speak English is on a student visa? What school was he supposed to be attending? A primary school language immersion program? Did she pretend he was actually attending real college level classes? She's a real dimwit. 

• Love 7

Anfisa has a weak chin, I noticed that with all the profile shots of her in this episode.  That also gives you a premature double chin with the chin being so close to the neck.  Limits how a photographer can shoot her face.

This show went off the rails with Danielle/Mohammed.  What started as a show about people finding love outside the border has turned into a show about foreign scammers and the ignorant rubes who enable them.  This is typical of TLC shows where the original premise gets replaced by whatever creates the most drama and sensationalism.  American Chopper went from a show about building motorcycles to one about a father and son trying to ruin each other.  L.A. Ink went from a show about tattooing to one about miserable people hating on each other while schmoozing with B-D List celebrities.  I stopped watching Cake Boss after the second season, couldn't take it anymore.  Way to ruin another show, TLC.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, maxineofarc said:

I can't believe I'm defending Anfisa, but I get the sense she wants to do lingerie/swimsuit modeling, not high fashion, in which case her height and body type won't be a problem. The saturated market for girls who look just like her in a bikini, on the other hand...

I don't think she knows what she wants besides getting her picture taken. Jorge stated that she wanted to do high fashion but she said she wanted to go topless. It was funny when she was looking at the photography websites and said everyone was ugly. It's like she has the exact opposite of Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

Edited by Trampolina
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Anfisa has a weak chin, I noticed that with all the profile shots of her in this episode.  That also gives you a premature double chin with the chin being so close to the neck.  Limits how a photographer can shoot her face.

I noticed that, too! Any good agency will tell her she needs to get a chin implant. She does not have the face for "beauty shots", as they call it on "America's next top model". I can see her modeling for that tacky Venus catalog. Although, those girls are gorgeous from head to toe, too.  Yup, nudie mags are where she is going to end up. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

Does Narkyia actually believe that Luwo is a Nigerian Prince?

Anfisa is just ugly. All those fillers messed up her face in a bad way. She needs Dr. Nassif from Botched to fix her A.S.A.P.

Jorge just seems defeated. Anfisa probably hits below the belt when they fight. Even if they never marry, Anfisa can easily have another Jorge waiting in the wings. There is no shortage of desperate, rich men with low self-esteem. I can see Anfisa being with 70 year old and just waiting until he dies or kill him, whichever comes first, and be set for life with his money. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Dobian said:

This show went off the rails with Danielle/Mohammed.  What started as a show about people finding love outside the border has turned into a show about foreign scammers and the ignorant rubes who enable them.  This is typical of TLC shows where the original premise gets replaced by whatever creates the most drama and sensationalism.  American Chopper went from a show about building motorcycles to one about a father and son trying to ruin each other.  L.A. Ink went from a show about tattooing to one about miserable people hating on each other while schmoozing with B-D List celebrities.  I stopped watching Cake Boss after the second season, couldn't take it anymore.  Way to ruin another show, TLC.

My husband has a love-hate relationship with TLC. He loves me but hates me (and himself) for getting him to watch and look forward to these crappy shows. He calls it "TLC - Putting the L in Exploitation".

Proud to say off Real Housewives for good (I'll never desert Vanderpump Rules though)! Still can't quit 90-Day, Toddlers & Tiaras and occasional 600-lb Life - so I guess that still makes us not very nice people who enjoy making fun of nitwits on reality TV shows.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Azan really did seem to be trying to be more physical with needy Nicole. There was a lot of touching, face and hair stroking. 

Yea, and it was disgusting to watch. WTF Azan?  Do you love her or hate her? 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, maxineofarc said:

I can't believe I'm defending Anfisa, but I get the sense she wants to do lingerie/swimsuit modeling, not high fashion, in which case her height and body type won't be a problem. The saturated market for girls who look just like her in a bikini, on the other hand...

Even for swimsuit and lingerie modeling having a nice body is not enough.                                                                                                                                     Models are salespersons. They have to sell a product or service to a target market.                                                                                                                       Both Anfisa and Paola seem to think that modeling is a matter of looking sexy and/or beautiful in a (enhanced) photo. A model worth her fee must be able to present a product in a way to get me as a customer to buy the item.  Lingerie models that look overly sexy or sleazy do not inspire women (the target market) to buy. If Anfisa and Paola want to only see sexy photos of themselves, their only possible option is a male target market, nudie mags e.g.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Yea, and it was disgusting to watch. WTF Azan?  Do you love her or hate her? 

I'm wondering if that was producer driven. I have a hard time believing his feelings changed all of a sudden from what we have seen.

Narkiya's mom's ice blue contacts were freaking me out! I think sucked out a little bit of my soul through the TV screen.

Chantal and River...you can definitely tell they are brother and sister. Remove Chantal's makeup, give her some Kid N Play hair and some glasses and they would be identical twins! I also noticed that it looked like River had a big hickey on his neck!

How many episodes are left?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I didn't either.  I was really concerned when Nicole was huffing and puffing like that.  I was afraid the woman was going to pass out. 

Years ago on TLC there was a short lived show called "Daddy's spoiled little girl" and Chantal reminds me of the women on that show; she also reminds me of girls I grew up with.  She's spoiled, she knows she's cute and, I hate to say it but, most black men probably want her because she's light and has long hair; and I am sure she's very aware of that.  In other words, she thinks her shit doesn't stink.

That's not her hair. It's a weave...and a real dusty looking one, at that.

But light or not, hair or none, she has a decent face and a great body so it is what it is.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Is she always wearing the weave?  I thought she was wearing it only in her TH's but at other times her hair doesn't look at polished; I thought that was her real hair.

Always a weave. Her hair is about jaw length. I think Pedro is gorg! He could do better!

• Love 1

In the previous episode Chantal was trying wedding dress (they all looked beautiful on her) but knowing full well she had about a week till she absolutely had to get married how did she think the wedding dress was going to happen?  It takes months to order a dress then there are fittings so I call BS on that, producers wanted to make Chantal a little emotional because she knew it was not going to be that kind of wedding.  Honestly, why didn't she look at dresses during the time she was waiting for Pedro to come to the states, a city hall wedding in a wedding dress is not all the crazy.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 2

Oy vey, Nicole walking up that hill in the dessert, Aznan couldn't stop saying, "she need more workout." The funny realization that Nicole made was that maybe, just maybe she is not what he wants physically. Gee, ya' think?  No red flag there, right?

Jorge and the never ending black hole of consumerism he is engaged to makes me want a show just about them, for every time Jorge puts his head in his hands we could take a shot.  Every time Anfisa says, "You going to buy me somethink'" take a shot.  Where does Jorge even work, does he have a warehouse or lab he goes to?  If he is home all the time it would cramp Anfisa's style to have deal with his need for a kiss, lol.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I noticed that, too! Any good agency will tell her she needs to get a chin implant. She does not have the face for "beauty shots", as they call it on "America's next top model". I can see her modeling for that tacky Venus catalog. Although, those girls are gorgeous from head to toe, too.  Yup, nudie mags are where she is going to end up. 

As I pointed out to my husband, between the chin and the nose (not that mine's great - but never assumed I could model) - she needs to be careful of side profile shots.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

For the love of all that's Holy - can somebody please get Nicole a bra that fits her? The boobs constantly hanging to the sides are very distracting (though maybe least of her worries).

I loved the reaction of Chantal's parents. At least they tried to look shocked for production! No way they didn't know what was up. Like they don't have friends or even acquaintances that clued them in to this show. Chantal expected them to believe that some guy that can't speak English is on a student visa? What school was he supposed to be attending? A primary school language immersion program? Did she pretend he was actually attending real college level classes? She's a real dimwit. 

Chantal's parents and brother would have signed a contract with TLC and Sharp Entertainment in order to appear. No way in hell they don't know what's going on. So give them the Best Acting awards from this entire bunch.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Is she always wearing the weave?  I thought she was wearing it only in her TH's but at other times her hair doesn't look at polished; I thought that was her real hair.

If it's not a weave  - it's at least extensions. No judgement here - I love my white girl weaves. Wore them for years! I'm actually thinking she maybe does relaxers and extensions. Not cheap! She is a beautiful girl though, IMO she doesn't need them. 

• Love 1

Pedro has only seen examples of how Chantel is not ready for marriage ...irresponsible, wants to party too much, seeks attention from other guys, lies to family & friends, sloppy housekeeping, throws him under the bus, etc.  I don't even think she has a job (and on that  note- how does she pay their rent??).  After all this, wouldn't it be refreshing if he is the one who breaks it off with her?

As for her brother River holding this against Pedro - well, sometimes family will do anything to not point blame at their own family members.  Always easier to blame an outsider.  Shame on both siblings.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

If I were Pedro, I'd run, green card's not worth the effort.  Her parents might bail her out since she is their only daughter, but we'll see.

Narkiya wants to be married, she loves the drama, she doesn't want to be alone and that sums her up perfectly.  She's rather have a husband, to brag to all her friends that she has an actual "HUSBAND," than be single.  No matter what Lowo does, she can always say, "at least I have a husband."

I agree.  Nicole shamed Azan a lot when it came to his culture.  I guess she feels that because she's blonde and American, she has the right to shit on everybody's culture that isn't hers. 

Pedro is cute.

Narkiya - I had to paste your post to get the spelling right.  How sad is your statement, true but sad.

Nicole could not even understand what you said in your statement to realize she shamed his culture.  I would not give her that much credit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jennifersdc said:

As I pointed out to my husband, between the chin and the nose (not that mine's great - but never assumed I could model) - she needs to be careful of side profile shots.

I did notice as she was getting done up by Ko that her nose and chin are indeed disproportionate towards one another. Big nose, no chin, just weird looking. (not the nose to chin ratio, just Anfisa's face in general)

• Love 1

The woman who is marrying the fake Nigerian prince (who lives in Vietnam).  I was sure he was about to tell her that he needs to get some paper from Vietnam and if she could wire him $5000 US he could get the paper right away.  That woman is desperate to get married.    Jorge/Anfisa - Anfisa is definitely a "butt r face"  Maybe swimsuit model...I dont know.  Chantal's parents need to tell her to go on down to the Justice of the Peace and get married.  No way would I give any money towards their wedding.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

In the previous episode Chantal was trying wedding dress (they all looked beautiful on her) but knowing full well she had about a week till she absolutely had to get married how did she think the wedding dress was going to happen?  It takes months to order a dress then there are fittings so I call BS on that, producers wanted to make Chantal a little emotional because she knew it was not going to be that kind of wedding.  Honestly, why didn't she look at dresses during the time she was waiting for Pedro to come to the states, a city hall wedding in a wedding dress is not all the crazy.

OMG...that part where she was all weepy, 'cause...."When you get married, you get these big rings!  And I can't even afford rings!"  Yeah, that's what it's all about....big rings.

She is nauseating.

• Love 14

Hilarious that Nicole's weeks-long sexual assault of Azan is only stopped by the  mention of her exercising and not eating fast food for every meal. It's better than mace. Azan should use that as a club to keep that tub at bay. It did strike me as odd they didn't park the camels next to the tent. Why are we walking to the camels instead of the reverse?

Anfisa wants to be famous! Sorry, dear, we already have our personality-free, dubiously attractive prostitute-celebrity in Kim Kardashian, and we've been trying to get rid of her for years. You have no hope. Amazing to me. Does she really think she's that beautiful/engaging, or is it just she's so lazy and stupid? 

Alla needs to get off this beach wedding. Aren't they in Utah? Look at a map! And once you become a mail-order bride, I'm not sure you get to sniffle wistfully about the wedding you dreamed about as a girl. That ship, she already gone. 

The obese black woman is only here for TV, which only speaks to another of her myriad problems. She says she has a venue and all this but we haven't see her do anything besides mix glue and glitter.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, NoirDetective said:

Hilarious that Nicole's weeks-long sexual assault of Azan is only stopped by the  mention of her exercising and not eating fast food for every meal. It's better than mace. Azan should use that as a club to keep that tub at bay. It did strike me as odd they didn't park the camels next to the tent. Why are we walking to the camels instead of the reverse?

Anfisa wants to be famous! Sorry, dear, we already have our personality-free, dubiously attractive prostitute-celebrity in Kim Kardashian, and we've been trying to get rid of her for years. You have no hope. Amazing to me. Does she really think she's that beautiful/engaging, or is it just she's so lazy and stupid? 

Alla needs to get off this beach wedding. Aren't they in Utah? Look at a map! And once you become a mail-order bride, I'm not sure you get to sniffle wistfully about the wedding you dreamed about as a girl. That ship, she already gone. 

The obese black woman is only here for TV, which only speaks to another of her myriad problems. She says she has a venue and all this but we haven't see her do anything besides mix glue and glitter.

If i could +10 this, I would. 
Alla and Matt are in KY. 

And Narkyia (or whatevs) was doing a pretty crappy job at mixing glue and glitter as well. 

• Love 3

I might have missed some of the footage but how does Jorge make his money? Somehow I am remembering medical marijuana or something like that but what is his position.  How is he going to afford to keep up with all of his future wife's demands for anything she feels she deserves like $45,000 wedding gowns, monthly allowances and constant trips to the mall?  Not to mention that he must already know she is only there long enough until she finds out he (am assuming) he has limits to what he can give her.  At least she is honest about what she wants.

Chantel blew it.  Her family might not have liked the situation but they would have totally helped her plan a wedding.  Now she is SOOL.

OMG, I'm ready to open a vein. I just typed my comments from last night's episode for over a half hour and now they're gone. I'll try and remember them...

Jorge and Anfisa: The photographer couldn't hide his incredulous expression when she claimed to be 5'7". You can't lie about that! Stringy hair, botched surgery, weak chin, and duck lips--it takes a really creative photographer to disguise those problems. She says outright with a smirk, "I want to be rich and famous" then Jorge, with his ready-to-burst-into-tears expression says, "I hope being rich and famous isn't more important to her than ME!" Poor delusional Jorge, I hope his pot selling business acumen is better than his ability to "read" women. 

Nicole and Azan: He's a personal trainer, so maybe he's the type that motivates his clients by berating them. He says, "I just want her to be able to do the things I like to do with me" (yeah, like walk a block without collapsing?) I had to laugh when she was in bed looking at the engagement ring on her sausage-like finger and said, "I can't believe this is real." You and me both! Note she didn't say real DIAMOND. In fact, it looked very similar to this, on clearance at Wally World for $ 10: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Silvertone-Halo-CZ-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring/36550784 that big plastic box it came in screamed cheap! I predict he won't be coming to America but that Nicole will try and make it look like that was her idea, and of course Azan will be relieved that he dodged a bullet. 

Matt and Alla: She can't have her dream Beach wedding because Matt was already married on a beach? She needs a venue that won't dredge up bad memories? That's like saying she can't get married in a church in a white dress because HE has already done that--three times!

Chantel and Pedro: It took her 85 out of the 90 days to come clean with her parents? Then she wants Pedro to tell them? No bueno, Baby! And I didn't understand her crying comment about not going to have "big rings" because I thought she had a ring from him but she didn't wear it around her family. I distinctly remember Pedro saying, "Why you no wear ring, Baby?" when he first got to the States. 

Narkiya and her Prince: I have seen wedding gown shops that specialize in plus size brides and from the size of the store owner, this might be one of them. I agree that he is going to ask her to wire him money to help him get the required papers to get his visa. 

There was so much more I intended to say, if I can remember anything, I'll be back...

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He called her "lazy" and said some other things, otherwise, I would agree he was just voicing concern. I have to keep remembering that English is his 3rd language, so he may come off as brusque. 

Who in their right mind would put someone in as poor shape as Nicole through the heatstroke inducing rigors of the Sahara Desert? Bare arms and bare feet in the desert?  Tight jeans, chafing, and chub rub? Ouch!  This is where the Moroccan native dress a la tunic and loose pants that covers and breathes would have come in handy. Dress for the environment .

My god- the jeans in the desert made me cringe.  My thighs were crying out FOR hers!  

She's just so... I can't even describe how I feel when I see her.  She's so dang schlubby, idiotic and vacant (until she doesn't get what she wants- whoooooo boy, the way her eyes change when she's pissed).

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Eme said:

Azan - He has zero respect for Nicole.  She lost any goodwill he may have had for her once she began to diss his culture.  He may have been carried away with the idea of coming to the US and even the Idea of Nicole...despite the unwed mother thing and all -- but her attitude and disrespect for everything Moroccan quickly turned him off to her.   I didn't catch the scene of his Mother intervening during their argument when she sat down to cry.  I just bet that his family is Very Very Invested in this marriage.  They probably look to him as a possible breadwinner who can send them $$$ and maybe get them out of there?  

I find that her offense at him mentioning that she needs to workout and to eat better is interesting because she has NO PROBLEM offending him on the regular.  The food, the heat, the camels, the dunes, the inability to make out in the street, not being able to validate her at every turn with physical attention, and everything else over there.....Well Nicole, since YOU can offend, maybe the one time you are criticized, you should be able to "take it" like Azan has been having to take it from you.  She expects him to break the laws of his country to indulge her, but she has NO Interest in making herself more attractive to him.  Why does she think she's such  "great package?"  She's admitted that she can't "get" someone "as hot' as Azan in the US, so it appears to me that she's riding the "blonde American" thing to the hilt, and is delusional if she thinks that SHE is the best that HE can get.  He may have been nicer about it, but the look of HATE in her eyes when he told her that she needs to work out, showed her Mean Baby Hughey side and revealed how stubborn she is.  She is NOT going to lose weight and whoever is with her has to like her as she is....Well, there's not much in her personality to like, so there is that.   Also, her clothes there are ill advised, and if she could not afford a caftan then it should have been shown.  Instead it looks like she doesn't care one whit about the culture, you know, other than her criticizing it at every turn.  

This is my way of giving you 10 more "likes" for this statement, Eme.  Well said.

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Virtually Me said:

There may not be laws against it, but, that doesn't make it socially acceptable everywhere or with everyone. 

Of course -- in fact, I'm fairly certain half the population is against it. 

• Love 13

When they were showing previews of Nicole and Azan arguing at the sidewalk cafe about her phone use, I stopped the video and it appears that she is wearing a wedding ring next to the engagement ring he gave her last night. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Did anyone else have "Midnight At The Oasis" running through their head during the camel and tent scenes?

No, all I could think about was how neither one of them had been able to wash their sweaty asses all day and having to squat with no TP...Shudder

• Love 20

Pedro has only seen examples of how Chantel is not ready for marriage ...irresponsible, wants to party too much, seeks attention from other guys, lies to family & friends, sloppy housekeeping, throws him under the bus, etc.  I don't even think she has a job (and on that  note- how does she pay their rent??).  After all this, wouldn't it be refreshing if he is the one who breaks it off with her?

As for her brother River holding this against Pedro - well, sometimes family will do anything to not point blame at their own family members.  Always easier to blame an outsider.  Shame on both siblings.

None of this was fair to Pedro! None of it!

Chantel does have a job of some sort, but do we know what Pedro does? Has he been schooled in anything? What kind of work did he do before he arrived here? I don't recall him having mentioned anything!

• Love 3
On 2016-10-16 at 9:17 PM, sleepyjean said:

They let Chantel/CeAir off easy. On tv at least. I would love to have a been  a fly on the wall after the camera crew left.

Regarding Anfisa and Jorge, the two of them clearly have no freaking clue what it takes to be a model. They've done no research. It would be so entertaining to have the camera crew follow as she goes from agency to agency, with her sparkling personality and charming ways.

So Azan is one of those geniuses who subscribes to the theory that you can scold/insult someone into losing weight.  Good for him. That approach almost always works. Calling her lazy over and over is particularly effective. I have no love for Nicole, but he was being a real ass.

I know it seemed mean but i also think its his english, lazy is better the obese.. youre so obese going up the sand in the desert i think that would have been worse..

• Love 3

I can't find anything about Pedro's work experience back in the DR but I seem to recall part of the student visa lie was that he was coming here to study airline mechanics? (or am I hallucinating or mixing him up with someone else?) Why isn't Chantel's family curious as to why he hasn't taken any classes in the past 85 freakin' days? I just watched their casting audition video, hoping that would clear up some of my questions but she only says something about how he will need to get a job and help pay the bills. I also wonder how she's affording that apartment on a cheerleading coach's salary. 

• Love 2

I feel like strangling anfisa and jorge really he wanted a traditional wife .. she cant even boil water .. doesnt clean... her boobs always stick out in her dresses .. she wants to be a lingerie model/ playboy WTF is wrong with jorge....

On the preview for next episode he asks her "are u using me for my money she replies YES wtf he needs his head examined or his sisters to kick anfisa back to russia

for pedro i felt so bad he looked so incompatent when he trying to the parents that chantel had to take over...

• Love 2

I think some of these scenes were shown out of sequence. When Pedro met with Chantal's daddy, he didn't have a fresh shape up. When he was cleaning the apartment with Chantal, he did. Which means the meeting with Chantal's brother likely happened after the meeting with her dad. Which is probably why the boy said he didn't trust Pedro. He'd already gotten feedback from his father that Pedro was evasive and shifty.