Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

On 10/6/2016 at 3:17 AM, mayvenne said:

I was wondering about all this with the Nigerian Prince as well. I only saw a little bit but this was a big question mark for me.

Also is his beloved who lives in Pa. a nurse?It seemed to say that- and I am just asking because if an RN, she really should have more sense. Well I guess anyone should have more sense but I mean she is obviously intelligent- and she did actually uncover his deceit..    

I find Afisa just ridiculous. a caricature. 

I think that based on her bag that said "LPN", Narkiya is an LPN, still technically a nurse, just not an RN. She does seem very intelligent and thats why it puzzles me that she would fall for this guy. Especially since they met on a FB group for plus-size women, I'm sure there were other men on the group who would click with her. 

As much as I cant stand Anfisa, I kind of want her outfit that she wore to the bakery (green crop top with high waisted pants). 

• Love 1

I am so tired of Azan whining about his culture. If his culture was sooooooooooooooo important to him

1) He wouldn't have internet dated Nicole or invited her over to his country (there is no dating in Islam).

2) He would have insisted that Nicole had a chaperone like he has his friend around (women and men don't mix in Islamic cultures).

3) He wouldn't have jumped into bed with Nicole and had sex with her (sex before marriage is a HUGE no no. In some Muslim countries, couples are whipped, stone to death or "honor" killed for doing that).

4) He would have laid down the rules before she jumped on the plane and made sure she understood his culture (no holding hands, no kissing, no sex, no touching, no being alone, etc.).

Yet, every episode is him going on and on and on and on about his culture. Yes, I understand public display of affections is against law and she could end up in jail. However, he opened a  huge can of worms when he jumped between her legs. Why should Nicole listen now to him about his culture when he wasn't serious about it before? I don't like Nicole because she is annoying as hell and there is something truly wrong with her. However, I just can't stand hearing Azan using his culture as an excuse. He needs to just admit he doesn't like Nicole, dump her, send her back to the US, and try again. The US have no shortage of desperate women or maybe he'll have better luck with European women.

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 12
On 10/4/2016 at 1:09 PM, Matias130 said:

I see the point of wanting to go out with female company, but honestly in my eyes it is bizarre and slightly not age appropriate to see a 30-something married mother needing to go to a nightclub beyond a special occasion like a friend's birthday. None of the women I know (30s, married, kids) desire to go to nightclubs at this point in their lives,,,,, there are other ways of socializing. 

I worked in Finland for a year and it was acceptable and normal for middle aged women to go out clubbing and dancing late into the night.

• Love 4

I can't figure out why Azan wants to come to the US in the first place since he claims to love Morocco and his culture so much! Could his plan have been to convince Nicole to STAY there (would that even be allowed?) until he met her and found out how resistant she was about everything? 

• Love 1

I like Narkiya, the nurse. She seems like a good person, a smart woman. I'm appalled she fell for this scammer. Feeling lonely for a long time can be dangerous sometimes. He has absolutely all the ingredients of the typical scammer:

-claims to live in a first world country so women don't automatically think he wants IN the US, (he said he was already here, in Alabama).

-is a poor widower who lost his wife and was left with a little child (who wouldn't feel immediate compassion? Especially a single Mom), 

-bombards her with calls and emails so he fills in her lonely hours, becomes a daily "company". If he stops contacting, she feels his absence, she misses him.

-he meets her at a plus size group on line. Even though it could be possible that he is into more curvy women, I have the feeling he assumed larger women have less self esteem and are more desperate or have less options so they would grab anybody who gives some attention to them (which it is an awful assumption, by the way).

-Lies regularly or disappears without explanation (like when he would not return her messages about the visa, knowing she was obviously waiting for news). And then shows up with a million excuses and I'm sorries.

- We don't know about her sending him money for his own "expenses"or paying for his visa papers or ticket, but that would be the cherry on top.

Somebody help her, please!

• Love 2

The Nigerian Prince is quite the international man of mystery, is he not?  Not understanding this whole story about him going to Vietnam to study...wouldn't he need to be fluent in Vietnamese or French? One would have to be very fluent to take a course. She actually did find him there, so he was truthing about that.  I would have had a lot more questions about what he was doing there if I was Narkiya. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Rainflower said:

I am so tired of Azan whining about his culture. If his culture was sooooooooooooooo important to him

1) He wouldn't have internet dated Nicole or invited her over to his country (there is no dating in Islam).

2) He would have insisted that Nicole had a chaperone like he has his friend around (women and men don't mix in Islamic cultures).

3) He wouldn't have jumped into bed with Nicole and had sex with her (sex before marriage is a HUGE no no. In some Muslim countries, couples are whipped, stone to death or "honor" killed for doing that).

4) He would have laid down the rules before she jumped on the plane and made sure she understood his culture (no holding hands, no kissing, no sex, no touching, no being alone, etc.).

Yet, every episode is him going on and on and on and on about his culture. Yes, I understand public display of affections is against law and she could end up in jail. However, he opened a  huge can of worms when he jumped between her legs. Why should Nicole listen now to him about his culture when he wasn't serious about it before? I don't like Nicole because she is annoying as hell and there is something truly wrong with her. However, I just can't stand hearing Azan using his culture as an excuse. He needs to just admit he doesn't like Nicole, dump her, send her back to the US, and try again. The US have no shortage of desperate women or maybe he'll have better luck with European women.

True, however I think that things are probably more lax behind closed doors than they appear, it's just that one needs to make the appearance of not being promiscous, in which his behavior would make more sense. I also think it depends where in Morocco you go, probably the more provincial, it is more religious and nobody can get away with that shit. I am also guessing that with guys things are allowed to slide (no pun intended). I heard hijab is worn by only some girls in Morocco and only the most pious, I have a Moroccan friend and she wears bikinis all the time at the beach in Morocco. But I will make a guess that PDA is severely frowned upon, not just because it is against the religion, but because over there it might be considered extremely low class. Just throwing some ideas. 

• Love 4

Culture is used loosely most people. Religion is different from culture, but may influence it. Islam may influence behavior and attitudes and law to some degree there, and in some countries in the Middle East, much more so.

I think that by "his culture" he means "don't do that here". Azan is on his 3rd language, so I'll give him a pass on this one. I do agree with the other poster who posted the list that his culture typically also encompasses other things.  He's a more secular Muslim, based on what we've seen so far.  

Nicole is not on board when it comes to modesty or common sense. He's never asked her to wear more appropriate clothing, which would actually hide her figure flaws. I'd be redder than a lobster in that sun, and she's 3 shades fairer than I am. Gurl needs to protect her skin. Middle Easterners, both men and women, and particularly those in desert climates, cover to protect their skin, as well as for religious modesty.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Culture is used loosely most people. Religion is different from culture, but may influence it. Islam may influence behavior and attitudes and law to some degree there, and in some countries in the Middle East, much more so.

I think that by "his culture" he means "don't do that here". Azan is on his 3rd language, so I'll give him a pass on this one. I do agree with the other poster who posted the list that his culture typically also encompasses other things.  He's a more secular Muslim, based on what we've seen so far.  

Nicole is not on board when it comes to modesty or common sense. He's never asked her to wear more appropriate clothing, which would actually hide her figure flaws. I'd be redder than a lobster in that sun, and she's 3 shades fairer than I am. Gurl needs to protect her skin. Middle Easterners, both men and women, and particularly those in desert climates, cover to protect their skin, as well as for religious modesty.

Good points. You hit the nail on the head because Azan appears definitely secular but identifies with traditional aspects of his culture. He seems different from Mo in that Mo downright confused me with his alcohol drinking yet acted like he was super pious (touch and go). 

• Love 4

Azan does seem more secular-- however, he may be concerned about what other, more conservative people in public may think. Also, the fact that this is being filmed and some more conservative family members may see the behavior later could be a reason why he is telling Nicole to take it down a notch. He looked genuinely surprised that Nicole blurted out to the cameras that they had had sex. Maybe he told her to keep it secret, and she said something anyway (after all, she's not a " sit and listen kind of girl")-- or, he didn't even think it was something that had to be said (he assumed she had a modicum of discretion) ?

Whatever Azan's motivation is, there's nothing stopping Nicole (except perhaps a reality tv contract) from calling it off and getting on a plane to Florida if she' s not happy with Azan.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Matias130 said:

Good points. You hit the nail on the head because Azan appears definitely secular but identifies with traditional aspects of his culture. He seems different from Mo in that Mo downright confused me with his alcohol drinking yet acted like he was super pious (touch and go). 

Well if you were Mo and you had to deal with Danielle, it would be Ramadan all day every day just to avoid dealing with her.  Azan does appear to be more secular simply because he would have bought Nicole more appropriate clothing to cover up with, rather than letting her walk around baring her shoulders and wearing shorts if it had bothered him so much.  

If I had gotten to visit Morocco, I would have been "all in" wrt to the whole experience...sightseeing, the markets, the food.  I would have purchased a scarf at least to cover up when visiting a mosque or just to feel more comfortable when around older or more conservative Muslims so they see even though I'm a foreigner and a Christian that I'm showing them deference and respect. Good manners and appreciation of hospitality and respect for local culture all go a very long way. I don't have to agree with it or like it, but while I'm a guest in another country, I'm going to RESPECT it.

He's trying to be a gentleman, but That Nicole Girl has been testing the limits of his patience from the moment her plane touched down. Even for all the politeness I was raised with, she would have made me lose my shit in record time.  Azan is a very polite and well mannered young man, but the cracks are staring to show as to how much he can reasonably tolerate.  Speaking of cracks showing, I hope we don't have to see her ass crack as she attempts to mount that poor camel.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Well if you were Mo and you had to deal with Danielle, it would be Ramadan all day every day just to avoid dealing with her.  Azan does appear to be more secular simply because he would have bought Nicole more appropriate clothing to cover up with, rather than letting her walk around baring her shoulders and wearing shorts if it had bothered him so much.  

If I had gotten to visit Morocco, I would have been "all in" wrt to the whole experience...sightseeing, the markets, the food.  I would have purchased a scarf at least to cover up when visiting a mosque or just to feel more comfortable when around older or more conservative Muslims so they see even though I'm a foreigner and a Christian that I'm showing them deference and respect. Good manners and appreciation of hospitality and respect for local culture all go a very long way. I don't have to agree with it or like it, but while I'm a guest in another country, I'm going to RESPECT it.

He's trying to be a gentleman, but That Nicole Girl has been testing the limits of his patience from the moment her plane touched down. Even for all the politeness I was raised with, she would have made me lose my shit in record time.  Azan is a very polite and well mannered young man, but the cracks are staring to show as to how much he can reasonably tolerate.  Speaking of cracks showing, I hope we don't have to see her ass crack as she attempts to mount that poor camel.

I suspect the next episode is titled "I can see the cracks" for a reason.

• Love 6

I think Nicole finds Azan to be beneath her. That's why she thinks she's some type of prize to be admired in Morocco, and thinks she has the right to grab this man and slam him up against a vehicle. This incredibly ignorant, slovenly girl believes that by virtue of who she is, this man should be grateful enough to be in her presence to exalt her to some type of queen status. That because she's about a 2 in Florida, she should surely be a 10 in that place she's never heard of with all the brown people in it.

If Azan is that desperate for a green card, then hey, do what you gotta do. But no green card is worth being abused. He's a damned fool if he goes through with his sham marriage to this girl. Like Anfisa, Nicole is showing exactly who she is and pulling no punches (no pun intended). 

• Love 7

Current character assessments & predictions as of episode 6:

Matt: Insecure, overly emotional, and fearful. Has issues with being assertive. As one person put it, he seems to have been coddled and well taken care of by his family his whole life. This will be disastrous for him in the long run as Alla is more straight-forward and is looking for more security & independence. She will not get this from Matt and although I believe they will get married before the 90 days, I think their marriage will last anywhere between 2-5 years before ending in divorce.

Alla: Straight-forward, intelligent, sharp, angry, gets frustrated easily, doesn't seem to like social gatherings much (introverted, private person type). She looks like she has a rough background/story. I don't think she was too happy in Ukraine at all. Perhaps when Matt came along she seized the opportunity to leave her life behind in order to search for something new and better (in that case, what she was telling Matt's family at dinner about her "dream" I think is true). As mentioned above, they will tie the knot but I don't think it will work as ultimately she is looking for a more confident and independent man and Matt won't be able to transform himself into that role. They will marry and divorce in a few years or less.

Jorge: Oh god. This guy is a mess. Obviously there are  A LOT of self-esteem issues with him. He is friendly and caring although quite desperate. He's made a lot of bad statements toward Anfisa such as "You're the boss." Having just met someone and putting them on the pedastool like that, especially someone like her, is a massive mistake. Now she is definitely in a position to be domineering and get what she wants out of him. That in and of itself highlights his desperation and low sense of self-worth, although he is well-meaning (which I don't think will do him good considering who she is). This couple is a hard read; I think it could go either way. Jorge could stick with her because he may feel that the chances of him finding someone else is very slim and therefore would accept this lifestyle with Anfisa. If that happens, there would be a fight somewhere down the line and I predict that Anfisa would walk out on him. If he were to send her back to Russia before the 90 days, I think that he would not give up on her. I think he would contact her and try to re-kindle after a while and she would maybe tell him to F off leaving him single for perhaps the rest of his life. I almost feel sorry for this guy he is such a mess.

Anfisa: Brat, Brat, Brat, Brat, Brat. Obviously a diva, very superficial and materialistic, needy, demanding, but has a sense of humor. She seems to be willing to at least put forth an effort; She tried cooking, she met with Jorge's sister after wanting to chicken out. She even seems genuine sometimes in the way she talks to Jorge. She might actually like Jorge because he is nice to her and of course has money, but at this point it's hard to tell. I think that she is the type to throw everything into the water if she doesn't get her way and would definitely fly back to Russia if Jorge pissed her off over something trivial. Prediction: see above under "Jorge."

Azan: This man is strange. I feel like he did this to either be on TV or one of his friends dared him as a cruel joke or prank. Assuming he's actually seeking a relationship, Azan is just downright disappointed with Nicole. That was evident from the moment he laid eyes on her while picking her up at the airport. If you paid close attention, Azan's friend was snickering when he met Nicole (leading me to believe that this is a joke or prank of some sort). I think Azan is another good-hearted guy that has a romantic yearning. Perhaps he too had a dream to travel the world and get away from his life in Morocco by marrying an American. It's very obvious that this will not last long, it's only a matter of time until Nicole leaves Morocco for good...without him. These guys won't make it until the end of the season, I'll say by episode 8 it's over.

Nicole: Low self-esteem, bit of a pig, self-centered, loud, shy (expresses it strangely too), although she is arguably the person who is the most in love out of everyone on the show. I can't help but to laugh at these two because they are just so different in their personality make-up and physical characteristics, not to mention how they communicate. Nicole does not have the understanding (nor the patience) toward Azan's cultural/religious constraints to properly move their relationship in a positive direction. She is almost an example of every single American stereotype that foreigner's have of us, and that will lead to the demise of this relationship before the season is over.

Narkiya & Lowo: I grouped these two together because they are just so god damn boring to me and I don't want to spend too much time on them. Narkiya of course is desperate, but I don't think she will have a hard time moving on WHEN things go sour. Lowo is obviously a player who is using Narkiya as an anchor to get into America so that he can disappear and go off on his sexual adventures. This guy doesn't want to settle down, but he uses and employs sophisticated and complex manipulation tactics that an emotionally vulnerable person (Narkiya) easily falls for. They won't get married and both of them will move on without a problem.

Pedro: Kind-hearted, sweet, helpful, caring, decent morals, seems like a stand-up guy too. I liked the way he didn't care about what Chantel's ignorant and rude little brother said to him at the barbershop. He kept it cool and didn't say anything bad back to him. In my opinion, this is the most interesting couple on the show for 2 reasons: 1) I think that there will be a BIG twist with these two somewhere down the line. What do I mean? I feel that Pedro is hiding something, I don't know what, but I think he is going to say or do something that will make all of our jaws drop. Just sit and wait. 2) It's going to be interesting to see how Chantel's family will react when she finally tells them the truth, that could seriously push this relationship toward a different trajectory and most likely a very interesting one at that. I think that these two will wed, but not without going through some serious pain and hurdles first.

Chantel: A bit of a brat. She is a bit self-centered and needy. Seems very clingy and wants control over the relationship, although when Pedro called her out on being drunk and stupid she took it surprisingly well in my opinion. She doesn't appear to be materialistic, but yet she is a perfectionist and looks matter a lot to her. I think she will gradually become more down to earth as Pedro will calm her down. It will be interesting to see how she reacts to her family's reactions after she tells them the truth. She might crumble and have a falling out with them, or she could be strong and fight for her relationship and make her parents see that this is the real deal. We'll see what happens tonight ;)

Edited by EvCog
  • Love 4

Anfisa really is horrid in so many ways, but I can't help wondering if she's been cast as a villain for dramatic effect and our amusement.  Her heavy accent really helps her pull off a dark, deadpan sort of humor.  I don't see how even someone with low self esteem could tolerate that sort of treatment for long without being a glutton for punishment.

Maybe Anfisa and Jorge are playing a long con, and the joke is on us.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Anfisa really is horrid in so many ways, but I can't help wondering if she's been cast as a villain for dramatic effect and our amusement.  Her heavy accent really helps her pull off a dark, deadpan sort of humor.  I don't see how even someone with low self esteem could tolerate that sort of treatment for long without being a glutton for punishment.

I agree. Every time Anfisa makes an outrageous demand, the corners of her mouth twitch as if she's ready to burst out laughing at the nonsense. It's all so over-the-top, Jorge wouldn't really put up with it otherwise--would he?

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think you'd be surprised when desperation and low-self esteem come together in the same person how it makes that individual rationalize more to the point where they're just plain delusional. I'm not saying Jorge will absolutely stick with her, but if he has the degree of desperation and low self-worth that I've seen in other people (coupled with these "good-guy" characteristics that he has) he will most likely stay with her, even if she's a bitch. Working with troubled individuals and through my own personal experiences I've seen this over and over again and the results are almost always the same. Although it could be the other thing that you said, maybe they were just put here for comedic effect as producers and creators are notorious for stirring up the situations these people are in for entertainment. Who knows, just wait and see.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, EvCog said:

I think you'd be surprised when desperation and low-self esteem come together in the same person how it makes that individual rationalize more to the point where they're just plain delusional. I'm not saying Jorge will absolutely stick with her, but if he has the degree of desperation and low self-worth that I've seen in other people (coupled with these "good-guy" characteristics that he has) he will most likely stay with her, even if she's a bitch. Working with troubled individuals and through my own personal experiences I've seen this over and over again and the results are almost always the same. Although it could be the other thing that you said, maybe they were just put here for comedic effect as producers and creators are notorious for stirring up the situations these people are in for entertainment. Who knows, just wait and see.

I don't disagree with a single word you said.  There's plenty of proof out there that low self esteem and desperation can make very bad things happen to people who just want to be loved.

Jorge is not bad looking, and if he just lost a few pounds, he'd bring himself from a 4 to at least a 6 just by doing that. However, his attitude that he's entitled to be served because American girls are feminists, drops him to a 2. Anfisa is looking for someone to serve HER, and it's a well known fact that trophy wives do not cook. Anfisa chopping a ball of mozzarella, cooking dry pasta, and spooning sauce straight from the jar onto it will be the extent of her domesticity.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I don't disagree with a single word you said.  There's plenty of proof out there that low self esteem and desperation can make very bad things happen to people who just want to be loved.

Jorge is not bad looking, and if he just lost a few pounds, he'd bring himself from a 4 to at least a 6 just by doing that. However, his attitude that he's entitled to be served because American girls are feminists, drops him to a 2. Anfisa is looking for someone to serve HER, and it's a well known fact that trophy wives do not cook. Anfisa chopping a ball of mozzarella, cooking dry pasta, and spooning sauce straight from the jar onto it will be the extent of her domesticity.

Haha, well put. What do you think of Chantel and Pedro's situation?

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, EvCog said:

Haha, well put. What do you think of Chantel and Pedro's situation?

I think they will likely get married. I like Pedro a lot; he seems like a star up guy, and he's cute. My husband was born in the Caribbean and is a native Spanish speaker, though he was fluent in English by the time I met him, so maybe that's why I have a soft spot for Pedro. I can see their attraction is pretty mutual, but I do question how ready she is for marriage if she's got to lie to her folks about their circumstances.

• Love 1

If Pedro and Chantal suddenly appear with a full-blown wedding and reception, we'll know her parents were in on the whole thing from the start. Anyway, her mom would probably strangle her if she didn't get a chance to go gown shopping and tour reception venues with her daughter. 

• Love 2

Every good story needs a compelling villain AND hero. Unfortunately this season is nothing but villains. You always should have someone to root for in these scripted reality shows. Who are we supposed to cheer for? The closest one has to be Alla who is willing to put up with an oblivious, insecure man-child so she can give her child a better life. Mothers are supposed to sacrifice for their children and that is what she is doing. A noble person.

No one else is even close.

Matt- Has not enough emotional maturity yet, and probly never will. Wanting to suck in another poor woman to be controlled as wife number 4. Unable or unwilling to provide the adult emotional stability needed for a healthy relationship.

Anfisa- This seasons Big Bad, honest about wanting to suck another person dry for their money, but a vampire is still a vampire albeit with collagen lips.

Jorge- Emotionally immature (notice a trend). Willing to go bankrupt so someone marginally attractive will be with him, even if they tell him straight up that they are using him. Could do lots of good things with all that money. Probly wants to be cuckolded.

Pedro & Chantel - Just searching for a good looking lay.

Azan - Not the vile, evil person that Mo is but still taking advantage of a child who is much less attractive than he is.

Nicole- Obviously not intelligent and has severe emotional problems, which is bad in itself but she also appears to be a terrible mother and that is unacceptable.

Catfish couple- Dont know much but who has sympathy for someone falling for the Nigerian scams?

• Love 12

Azan seems to be over Nicole, but his family isn’t having it.  The poor guy looked startled when they ordered him to sit next to her.   

Based on the smile on Lowo’s face when he was telling Narkyia about being robbed, I believe he is scamming her for a new phone, watch, ring and money.  After what he did to her, I don't understand why she still wants to be with him, let alone believe anything he says. 

Chantal and Pedro’s relationship reminds me of the old proverb, “oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.”  I don't understand why they felt the need to lie, because Pedro seems like a good guy and her parents appear to be decent and supportive.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 14
34 minutes ago, Sup wit dat said:

Meanwhile, behind the scenes there's lots going on that we're not being shown.  I know the following info because a friend of a friend who's dating a guy who has a cousin who knows one of the producer's sisters posted it on the internet next to a picture of her Nigerian prince, so it's gotta be true.  Here's the inside scoop:

Because of Nicole's ride the camel now has a severe hump disfigurement.  Sadly, this resulted in the immediate termination of it's modeling contract with the Camel cigarette company.

Desperate for a modeling job, Anfisa was ready to step in and save the day.  She showed the photographers that when she lies on her back, her water-filled humps are big enough for her to pass for a camel.  The camel-like lip fillers provided the final touch and she got the job.  She's happy to finally be a model but gets annoyed that Jorge now yells "giddyup!" during sex.  To show he's sensitive to her wishes he changed it to "giddyup! my love."  

The world of reality tv is so entertaining...

Bwahahahaha!!

• Love 2

There is something so weird and contrived about the way Jorge calls Anfisa "my love." It doesn't seem natural. Like he's shoehorning it in. Like one of those love letters Nigerian princes send to the women they're scamming, where ever other sentence has a "my love" in it.

Nevertheless, I'm starting to change the way I see Jorge, in that I don't think he's as big of a doormat when it comes to his money as he is about other things. I think he's willing to spend all of the money he has on her, but he's not willing to spend money he doesn't have and go into big time debt just to keep up with her. I think he might just draw a line there. Good for him for not caving on the 48,000 dress. Even if he is still too blinded by her boobs and her booty to see what's really going on. I think his problem is really that he expects that she'll be reasonable at some point.

Chantel... ugh. What I took from this week's episode is that she's realizing that it's time to tell her parents. Not because she feels guilty for deceiving them and wants the truth out, but because she she needs them on board to foot the bill for a wedding. That one thing she said, something like "I won't know how much I can spend on my dress until my parents know the truth" really threw me. As if she's going to tell them the truth one day, and the next they'll turn around and pony up the cash for the wedding of her dreams. If they do, those are some majorly forgiving parents. Gigi seems way too sensible to be Chantel's BFF. It's obvious Chantel didn't think this through at all.

• Love 20

Regarding Chantel, I also don't understand why they couldn't get married at city hall and then have a big wedding later. If she had kept her trap shut about it, they might have even gotten away with not telling anyone they were already married. Or they do the city hall thing because of the 90-day time limitation and have a second wedding later (a la Loren and Alexei). Chantel seems like a drama queen.

• Love 21

For a minute when I tuned in tonight, I thought I was watching a cross-over episode of "Say Yes to the Dress" complete with "what price point are you comfortable with"? I don't know what kind of math they're teaching in Russia, but here in the States a 60% deposit on a $ 45,000 wedding gown is $ 27,000, NOT $ 20,000! (Of course if Jorge can't come up with 20K...)

I totally cracked up every time Pedro mentioned "the father Chantel" or "the family Chantel." 

The brief glimpse of the ring that Azan will give Nicole next week looked like a big hunk of glass. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Narkiya would have been better off time-sharing some local fuckboi than wasting a sec of time on whatshisface from Alabamvetigeria. This story is as ridiculous as the blatant lies he tells - with a stupid smile on his face no less. His phone was stolen, along with his ring and wallet. Sounds like one of those 2 for one lies - an excuse for not calling/returning calls and also asks for $ for a new phone. 

Why even take Anfisa to a Beverly Hills bridal salon just to ruin their couches with sweat stains as Jorge balks over the price of expensive ass wedding gowns? He said himself that she would want the most expensive one so.... what's the problem?!?! He knows she is a greedy, unrepentant, duck billed, cement faced filled money suck that is willing to bleed him dry and act like a petulant child when she doesn't get what she wants. At this point, I am like either pay up or STFU! I am officially bored of them. I would love to know exactly what he promised her though.

Anfisa's lips continue to enthrall. This week I am wondering why half the time her lips look so damn ashy. Paid for that anal prolapse on her face at least put some chapstick on that mess. Damn! Half the time she looks like she just got done eating a powdered donut. Bye Ashy! Cute cat though. 

Listening to Pedro's struggle English and try to have conversation is just so damn painful. I feel so very sorry for all Chantal's family members who are trying to engage in conversation with him.  Even though her dad hasn't been on screen all that much - he is easily one of the nicer and more reasonable parents I've seen on this show. He seems to be truly concerned for his daughter and wants her taken care of.  Don't wanna get too deep into this but I have to mention that I rarely get to see black women be protected on my screen so I appreciate the inclusion of this black nuclear family. 

Chantal's immaturity is exasperating and galling. Truth is if she had've been honest with her family this would have all been much easier on her and given Pedro a chance to be more accepted and more comfortable. I think just as less of Pedro for being actively involved in the lie. I am sure they would have made an argument for why she shouldn't be marrying him but I believe they would have supported her in the end.  

I was so despondent after the debate but now you have cheered me up. 

I have never been so  down enough to drink vodka out of big ass pink plastic tumbler. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I'm no fashion expert, but I didn't like the $45K dress.  It somehow managed to look slutty and dowdy at the same time.

That weird lace made it look like she had psoriasis all over her arms and chest. I was not a fan. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2

I hope Azan marries Nicole.   He deserves it for being so spineless.   He clearly can't stand her.  Left to his own devices, he probably would not have patched things up with her.   But it looked a LOT like his parents pulled him aside and reminded him that Princess Show Me Off was the family's golden ticket to America and he better get with the program fast.

Pedro breathed new life into an old cliche: the shifty immigrant who pretends he doesn't speak English so he can screw you over.   It was a cowardly move.   I guess Chantel will be compelled to divulge the truth to her parents in the hope their bank account will save her from the unthinkable fate of a wedding in the park. 

The Nigerian guy's vacant grin said "Even I can't believe how stupid you are."  

Matt and Alla are a snooze-fest.  The Castle.  Looks like a high quality place.

The fact that Anfisa gets away with repulsive behavior and comments every week makes me nuts.   But at the same time I think Jorge is a moron and a pig.   Guess this one's a wash.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 11

I could care less about watching these women try on wedding dresses and pick out wedding bands. Damn that jewelry store was cheesy. 

4 hours ago, millennium said:

I hope Azan marries Nicole.   He deserves it for being so spineless.   He clearly can't stand her.  Left to his own devices, he probably would not have patched things up with her.   But it looked a LOT like his parents pulled him aside and reminded him that Princess Show Me Off was the family's golden ticket to America and he better get with the program fast.

I agree, I think his family has everything to do with it! Princess show me off, Bwahhhhha! Great name.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I could care less about watching these women try on wedding dresses and pick out wedding bands. Damn that jewelry store was cheesy. 

They probably had a special on wedding rings -- buy three, get the fourth one free.

• Love 21

Nice of Matt to embarrass Alla by suddenly deciding to chat her up about her first wedding ring in front of the salesman, and then announcing that being the loser he is, he had been previously married three times.  He's about as savvy as a three year old. smh

• Love 10

I kept wishing there were a way to freeze the screen and then pan around to get a 360-degree view of the jewelry store.  We kept pausing the program to point out some of the more amusing aspects: "Is that a neon sign?" " Look at the bathroom right there!" "Niiiiiiice wallpaper." 

We decided it must be a pawn shop.  Not that there's anything terribly wrong with getting one's rings there, but I wonder whether the first three Mrs. Matts got pawnshop rings.  I have the impression from Matt that he'd be one to cheap out on Alla because she's not American and he expects her to be impressed by anything he offers. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I kept wishing there were a way to freeze the screen and then pan around to get a 360-degree view of the jewelry store.  We kept pausing the program to point out some of the more amusing aspects: "Is that a neon sign?" " Look at the bathroom right there!" "Niiiiiiice wallpaper." 

We decided it must be a pawn shop.  Not that there's anything terribly wrong with getting one's rings there, but I wonder whether the first three Mrs. Matts got pawnshop rings.  I have the impression from Matt that he'd be one to cheap out on Alla because she's not American and he expects her to be impressed by anything he offers. 

I'm going to take a guess that at last one of Matt's ex wives was a Russian mail order bride, as well. 

• Love 3

The Nigerian guy's vacant grin said "Even I can't believe how stupid you are."

It was interesting to me that the first thing he said when she said he was trying to reach her was "the call didn't go through?" If his phone had really been stolen, he would have lead with, "I'm so sorry for not calling sooner, my phone was stolen." Not, "oh you tried to call me and isn't it puzzling that my phone didn't ring?" I could barely hear what he was saying over the deafening sound of all those red flags flapping in the breeze.
Also, I'm curious to know how he was going to send her a photo of his phone. How do you take a picture of your phone with your phone?

Why even take Anfisa to a Beverly Hills bridal salon just to ruin their couches with sweat stains as Jorge balks over the price of expensive ass wedding gowns? He said himself that she would want the most expensive one so.... what's the problem?!?!

Jorge thought he would impress her by taking her to a "fancy" bridal salon. I bet he even went online to find a place that would look expensive enough for her. He probably figured he'd score points by dropping $10k on the best dress there. His mistake was in not asking about the price points. I'm sure it never occurred to him that a wedding dress could cost more than a car.

I hope Azan marries Nicole.   He deserves it for being so spineless.   He clearly can't stand her.  Left to his own devices, he probably would not have patched things up with her.   But it looked a LOT like his parents pulled him aside and reminded him that Princess Show Me Off was the family's golden ticket to America and he better get with the program fast.

He was all smiles, and eye contact and rubbing her arm, and giving her little squeezes. Yep, somebody definitely gave him a talking to and he reverted back to the charming Azan Nicole remembers from their online romance. And she was eating it up.

Pedro breathed new life into an old cliche: the shifty immigrant who pretends he doesn't speak English so he can screw you over.   It was a cowardly move.

How many times did he say "I don't understand?" I lost track. Nice of Chantel to set up this little date between Pedro and his future FIL, and leave him to withstand the inquisition on his own. I don't think Chantel realizes that everyone in her family is smarter than she is.

Nice of Matt to embarrass Alla by suddenly deciding to chat her up about her first wedding ring in front of the salesman, and then announcing that being the loser he is, he had been previously married three times. 

Has there been an episode where Matt hasn't mentioned his prior marriages? It's really not endearing. I think he does it as a way to get sympathy, like he's been victimized three times by evil uncaring women and Alla better not do the same thing. He does not realize that repeating it over and over just emphasizes that a lot of other women did NOT want him. I think she was getting a little of her own back by tweaking his jealousy when said in Ukraine, divorced women wear their rings on the left hand, so when she goes back there, men will think she's available.

• Love 11

I didn't think it was possible but Nicole struck a new low when she ran to Azan's family in the middle of their fight.  She humiliated him into making up with her, which he did out of respect for his family.  He was so reluctant it was embarrassing to watch, just like every scene involving Nicole's antics.  Then how ridiculous it was that she blamed Azan because she didn't take time to learn the customs of Morocco before arriving.

Since he showed us the ring it looks like Azan will propose but it makes absolutely no sense to me.  He seems irritated by Nicole and is already tired of her non-stop whining for attention.  Maybe he thinks all American girls are like Nicole so why bother trying to find another one?  Ugh.  

If they end up living in America, she won't have his family to run to and after he gets his green card I think Azan will be an absent husband like Mo.  I doubt Azan will reach the asshole man-whore threshold of Mo but I do think he'll be away from Nicole every chance he gets.

Edited by Sup wit dat
  • Love 8

I think Pedro understands English more than he's letting on. He even admitted that when dodging the questions from Father Chantel.

I thought the 45K dress was not all that. Maybe on someone else it would have looked ok but on Anfisa it didn't, maybe it's because she always has that same dead look on face all the time. 

I'm glad the camel survived and wasn't injured. 

Alla doesn't seem like she's into Matt at all, she always gives him the side eye like 'really asshole' everytime he says something. 

The catfish couple are boring. How can she not see he's scamming her? 

• Love 3