Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

I watched the pasta scene again and it appears the steam was coming from the plate of pasta, not the sauce. So apparently Anfisa did spoon cold sauce onto the plates. I still don't know how she used the mozzarella chunks...

I agree that Anfisa was poor in Russia and wants to pretend she's used to the finer things in life so Jorge will only by her the best

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Trampolina said:

I watched the pasta scene again and it appears the steam was coming from the plate of pasta, not the sauce. So apparently Anfisa did spoon cold sauce onto the plates. I still don't know how she used the mozzarella chunks...

I agree that Anfisa was poor in Russia and wants to pretend she's used to the finer things in life so Jorge will only by her the best

That was unappetizing to watch, or her personal preference or was scripted. Maybe they do it like that in Russia when the weather is warmer, such as cold borscht in the summer. 

What I'm wondering is maybe she screwed it up on purpose, hoping he'd complain, so she can have her Russian Czaritsa Princess Fit and cut off the sex. He's not going to complain. She could serve him a lump of dog shit for his dinner and he won't dare complain.

• Love 4

Enjoy cold pasta sauce on bow-tie noodles with your little blow-up doll.  I'll be too busy making sauteed tilapia with roasted broccoli for my husband tonight.

With strawberry shortcake for dessert.

LOL! Good point. My husband married a feminist American, and tonight he ate a homemade meal cooked from scratch: barbecued flatiron steak, potatoes, and ratatouille, plus apple crisp.

But then he did the dishes, which is our deal. I guess that wouldn't work for Jorge.

• Love 11

Nicole makes me want to scream.  She is the epitome of ugly, xenophobic American. When I travel abroad, the first thing I do is learn about the customs of the country from what is appropriate to wear to how much is appropriate to tip.  You learn about a country and act accordingly based on their culture and customs.  Nicole's complete disregard for where she is makes me so uncomfortable I can barely watch.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

find happily married fathers drinking their lives away.

Thank you.   Alla can't go clubbing with her friends, but guys can go to bars to "watch sports" and that's okay?   

I'm confused about Narkiya and his Nigerian Prince.   If he was really living in Alabama with his baby mamma (wife?) and was just studying in Vietnam why does he need a K1 visa?   You don't need a K1 to come back from school.   Unless that Prince is really Vietnamese.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Eight year olds should be in bed during the hours when people go out dancing, that said she didn't even go clubbing she went out for a glass of champagne with another person 4 weeks after she arrived in the US at a sad and empty bar wearing an outfit that wouldn't have been out of place at a PTA meeting.

Ys, I assume she could go out dancing and socializing while he is asleep. Nothing wrong with that, IMO, as long as it's not all the time. Parents deserve to have lives too.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

That was unappetizing to watch, or her personal preference or was scripted. Maybe they do it like that in Russia when the weather is warmer, such as cold borscht in the summer. 

What I'm wondering is maybe she screwed it up on purpose, hoping he'd complain, so she can have her Russian Czaritsa Princess Fit and cut off the sex. He's not going to complain. She could serve him a lump of dog shit for his dinner and he won't dare complain.

Hmmm..... yeah admitedly to serve pasta like that is VERY unappealing but it kinda makes sense, right ...? Cuz the pasta is steaming hot ...That's what I do when I'm eating a quick meal ... alone ... and being lazy.

2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Saw this this morning, and ten hours later, I'm still laughing.

Maybe this is my imagination, but it seemed to me like initially Azan's main argument was the law. But over time, it has morphed into his culture and religion as well. That may be the case, but I can't help but wonder if he's laying the groundwork for when he comes to America. Once he leaves Morocco, Nicole will expect him to "pay up," so to speak. She'll make Danielle look like a piker.  Danielle clung to Mohamed like a barnacle, but she didn't plaster herself to him like a wet t shirt the way Nicole does. Nicole will demand groping. And lots of tongue. In public, in private, and everywhere else. But unlike the law, religion and culture travel with you. I have a feeling it will be Ramadan all the time, just like it was for Mo.

I was really discomfited by the scene where Matt said it was his job to raise Max to have manners, be a gentleman, etc. He's already started correcting the boy's manners and behavior. I don't know what conversations Alla and Matt have had, but he clearly thinks it's his job to be Max's father. I wonder how Max really feels about that. How do you say "you're not my real dad" in Russian?

And openly drinking a beer " with" him. Maybe it's me but I didn't like that scene

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I was really discomfited by the scene where Matt said it was his job to raise Max to have manners, be a gentleman, etc. He's already started correcting the boy's manners and behavior. I don't know what conversations Alla and Matt have had, but he clearly thinks it's his job to be Max's father. I wonder how Max really feels about that. How do you say "you're not my real dad" in Russian?

I find it pretty commendable of Matt to take on the responsibility of helping raise Matt. Apparantly the kid has no father figure or else Alla wouldn't have dragged him thousands of miles away from his biological dad. 

4 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

LOL!

Regarding Alla and the "clubbing" thing, I think she deserves to be cut some slack. Let's not forget that you can walk into any sports bar in the country on a weekend during football season and find happily married fathers drinking their lives away. Of course, in Kentucky, they might just have their children at the bar with them.

Agree - however, a sports bar is way different than a nightclub. I think people would be scratching their heads if their husbands needed to go out to nightclubs with their friends to drink and dance with the wives at home

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I have to wonder at what we see on the show vs. reality.  Of course the producers are only going to show us the juiciest things, designed to build drama.   Like when Anfisa said that she and Jorge had been dating for a year.  Or if you look at Matt's FB page...he has a picture of him and Allah that was put up over a year ago.  So I kind of have to remind myself that although it looks like they all don't know each other very well, with the exception of Nicole and Azan, they've all already met (and continued talking, hopefully) long before this show brought them on.

This show is as fake and scripted as they come. And they exploit people like Nicole as if it's some kind of game. IMO

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Lion18 said:

And openly drinking a beer " with" him. Maybe it's me but I didn't like that scene

There are men drinking beer while home alone with their sons all across the US.  I'd be more worried if he gave him a drink of it.  The kid does seem to have a penchant for grabbing for alcoholic drinks.  I was surprised at his lack of manners (yes, even at his age) when they were at the family dinner, and he's just lunging  across the table, trying to grab someone's drink, like a feral child.  Seemed like something maybe a 2 year old would do.

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Ys, I assume she could go out dancing and socializing while he is asleep. Nothing wrong with that, IMO, as long as it's not all the time. Parents deserve to have lives too.

You're right, they do. My only problem with that is that they just arrived in this country, and Max is still probably getting used  to his surroundings.  Or had they been there for like 3-4 months when she went out? It seemed like it was more like 2 weeks.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, bethster said:

I'll be too busy making sauteed tilapia with roasted broccoli for my husband tonight.

With strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Bet you didn't demand a $10K Chanel purse afterwards, either.  

@bethster's Husband, FTW!  

• Love 7

I find it pretty commendable of Matt to take on the responsibility of helping raise Matt.

Oh, it does seem like the best of intentions, but I question his methods. Matt seems like the type to jump right into "I'm the Dad now and you will do as I say" mode without really considering/understanding anything about kids that age.

My parents never divorced, but I had a lot of friends who went through it when they were in elementary/junior high school, and in most of the cases, when the custodial parent remarried, my friends resented the hell out of the step mom/step dad coming into the situation as an authority figure/disciplinarian. Bringing someone the kid didn't choose, and really didn't know very well into the house and saying this near stranger now lives with us and is now the boss of you, led to a lot of fighting. It was especially insufferable when the new step parent didn't have any kids, yet behaved as if they were the authority on child-rearing.

The scene where Max, Alla, and Matt were at the table and Matt started correcting Max's behavior while Alla said nothing made me cringe. I don't think Alla sitting back while Matt critiques her parenting and then steps in to make/enforce the rules is the most effective approach to this kind of situation. They've only been living there a few weeks. Alla is the one who should be correcting her kid, and she and Matt clearly need to get on the same page with respect to child rearing.

(Disclaimer: I don't have children, so I could be talking out of my butt. My opinion is based solely on observation.)

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7

Nicole and Azan-- it doesn't matter what the reason (or excuse) is--no means no. Some people are just not comfortable with PDA even if it is OK in their culture/religion. So what if she got him to sleep with her once? It doesn't give her "rights" to do whatever she wants from then on. She paws at him like he's a piece of meat -- or like a pet she has adopted. 

• Love 13
56 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Nicole and Azan-- it doesn't matter what the reason (or excuse) is--no means no. Some people are just not comfortable with PDA even if it is OK in their culture/religion. So what if she got him to sleep with her once? It doesn't give her "rights" to do whatever she wants from then on. She paws at him like he's a piece of meat -- or like a pet she has adopted. 

If you didn't watch last season, find it online. Watch Danielle paw Mohamed in the same manner. Mo deserved it, I don't think Azan does.

• Love 4

Nicole and Azan - I was holding out hope that they stretched out 5 minutes of their footage till the end because they were going to break up at the end of the episode. But no, then there were camels... Camel jokes made me lol and I just have to add as soon as that camel was finally able to stand, Azan rode up and threw a single straw onto its back. The results were disasterous. 

Seriously though - her constant talking over him screams disrespect with an undercurrent of xenophobia/ I am better and matter more than you attitude. 

Chantal - noticed she wore regular clothes to meet the bishop. That chair was awesome. In one of the early episodes she was wearing some bustier thing under a coat to the airport and I thought she was going for the naughty clothes hidden under a coat kind of thing. Later realized that was an everyday outfit. 

Narkiya - she is smarter than that and deserves better. 

Matt - creepy and weird - the family member everyone carried along, gave a job to, and coddled. Stop taking Matt's past mistakes and idiocy out on Alla. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Absolutely it does not give her rights to do as she pleases with him. It's about respect. But I do think they need to have a talk about the alleged sex in private. Maybe he feels bad about it and wants to abstain, maybe it happened too fast, but for a needy black hole like Nicole, he really shouldn't have cut her off with no talking about it. Maybe he tried, and I think he did, which would have made sense, being she's as thick as a plank when it comes to honoring or even understanding his other requests.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Absolutely it does not give her rights to do as she pleases with him. It's about respect. But I do think they need to have a talk about the alleged sex in private. Maybe he feels bad about it and wants to abstain, maybe it happened too fast, but for a needy black hole like Nicole, he really shouldn't have cut her off with no talking about it. Maybe he tried, and I think he did, which would have made sense, being she's as thick as a plank when it comes to honoring or even understanding his other requests.

tumblr_inline_nigmqbd9iS1r9j64o.gif

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Oh, it does seem like the best of intentions, but I question his methods. Matt seems like the type to jump right into "I'm the Dad now and you will do as I say" mode without really considering/understanding anything about kids that age.

My parents never divorced, but I had a lot of friends who went through it when they were in elementary/junior high school, and in most of the cases, when the custodial parent remarried, my friends resented the hell out of the step mom/step dad coming into the situation as an authority figure/disciplinarian. Bringing someone the kid didn't choose, and really didn't know very well into the house and saying this near stranger now lives with us and is now the boss of you, led to a lot of fighting. It was especially insufferable when the new step parent didn't have any kids, yet behaved as if they were the authority on child-rearing.

The scene where Max, Alla, and Matt were at the table and Matt started correcting Max's behavior while Alla said nothing made me cringe. I don't think Alla sitting back while Matt critiques her parenting and then steps in to make/enforce the rules is the most effective approach to this kind of situation. They've only been living there a few weeks. Alla is the one who should be correcting her kid, and she and Matt clearly need to get on the same page with respect to child rearing.

(Disclaimer: I don't have children, so I could be talking out of my butt. My opinion is based solely on observation.)

I do have kids & agree with you on this. I'm thinking it's a difficult situation all around for the step parent and child, but maybe the better way to handle it would be let the actual parent do the disciplining (unless there's an immediate safety or other important issue & the parent isn't there at the time) , & concentrate on trying to form a good relationship with the child. If there's an issue the step can take it to the parent in private, & then work it out with the child. But I don't have step parent experience so I'm just grasping as well.

• Love 3

Azan doesn't seem attracted to Nicole at all. He doesn't even seem to like her. And I think on some level she knows that, and that's why she clings to him desperately and mauls him all the time. And I really think Azan is running a Green Card scam anyway, because even when Nicole first got off the plane, Azan didn't seem all that interested. Not to mention, Azan's family was way too happy to see Nicole, considering she's a white Christian girl and clearly not a virgin.

Does anyone else notice how Nicole never mentions her DAUGHTER? And never says anything about considering what type of stepfather Azan will be.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Matias130 said:

I find it pretty commendable of Matt to take on the responsibility of helping raise Matt. Apparantly the kid has no father figure or else Alla wouldn't have dragged him thousands of miles away from his biological dad. 

Agree - however, a sports bar is way different than a nightclub. I think people would be scratching their heads if their husbands needed to go out to nightclubs with their friends to drink and dance with the wives at home

Yeah, but a strip club is acceptable? (More than half the men there are married and out with 'the boys')

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

Yeah, but a strip club is acceptable? (More than half the men there are married and out with 'the boys')

Yeah some people just really like to go out and dance. I have several friends who go to clubs and don't even drink or will have at most one drink, they just want to go out and dance and a dance club is where you have to go to do that. I mean it's literally mu worst nightmare but for a lot of people I know, many of them married or partnered, like to go out and dance and aren't looking to hookup even if they go without theit significant others. Some of them even have children! 

• Love 9
On October 3, 2016 at 6:56 AM, islandgal140 said:

Wait a minute. Did Anfisa spoon cold spaghetti sauce right out of the jar onto just cooked pasta? I've never in my life seen such a thing.

If you've watched RHOC in the past, someone else who spooned cold sauce from a jar onto cooked spaghetti was Gretchen. It was just as nauseating!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, happy hobo said:

No, a strip club is not acceptable.... and neither is a nightclub .... if Matt starts going to strip clubs then good Lord help this couple

• Love 3

I'm not positive, but I don't think Azan either denied or confirmed that he had sex with Nicole the first night. His stunned expression when she announced the deed on camera seemed to suggest she was perhaps lying about it taking place or maybe she forced herself on him then bragged about it! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 9

I was sort of stunned when Matt was talking about how Alla was dressed then they pan over to her and she's wearing like, the most modest outfit ever.  It set off all kinds of red flags for me about how controlling he probably is, especially since she was going out with his friend's girlfriend.  Women are perfectly capable of going out together and not sleeping with the first man who looks in their direction.  Even if she wanted to go to a nightclub....whatever.  I used to go to them for fun and dancing and not to hook up, it's a thing people can do.

From watching multiple seasons of this show (and the Happily Ever After) I wonder if people get their impressions of America based on movies and tv, which typically take place in (still fictionalized) NYC, LA, or sometimes Miami and assume that's how America is.  Then they get here and realize most people live in boring small towns with little to do where the landscape is endless strip malls and Walmarts and it's very difficult to get around without your own car.  I'd probably be miserable too.

• Love 13
On 10/4/2016 at 10:56 PM, merylinkid said:

Thank you.   Alla can't go clubbing with her friends, but guys can go to bars to "watch sports" and that's okay?   

I'm confused about Narkiya and his Nigerian Prince.   If he was really living in Alabama with his baby mamma (wife?) and was just studying in Vietnam why does he need a K1 visa?   You don't need a K1 to come back from school.   Unless that Prince is really Vietnamese.

I was wondering about all this with the Nigerian Prince as well. I only saw a little bit but this was a big question mark for me.

Also is his beloved who lives in Pa. a nurse?It seemed to say that- and I am just asking because if an RN, she really should have more sense. Well I guess anyone should have more sense but I mean she is obviously intelligent- and she did actually uncover his deceit..    

I find Afisa just ridiculous. a caricature. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Camel jokes made me lol and I just have to add as soon as that camel was finally able to stand, Azan rode up and threw a single straw onto its back. The results were disasterous.

LOL

• Love 2

Mohammad confuses me, is he allowed to work? How long does one have to wait to get his a green card after he was legally married?  How long do you have to wait to be able to get a job?  What does that women in Miami see in him, he is not movie star gorgeous, not a fantastic physic, seems rather dumb and is unemployed. The blonde keeps telling him to keep a good attitude and he will find a job but only if Mohammad is allowed legally, right?  If he could not work in Ohio then he can't in Miami no matter what friends she says she has...maybe she can hook him up with a job that pays under the table.

I thought it would be funny if Paolo ran in to Mohammad at the beach in Miami.  IF Paola wants to be a model so badly she missed a good opportunity to strut her stuff on TV in a bikini, I wonder if she really wants to model or really wants to get away from her husband.

Nicole is a real piece of work, so passive aggressive, you can tell this has been a pattern her whole life. Aznan needs to get this girl out of Morocco, fast. 

Anfisa and Jorge, oh dear.  That apartment they moved to looked like a long term hotel/apartment.  They just moved in there was food, dishes etc...but no chairs to sit on to eat Anfisa's dinner.  Tell me I heard wrong that she was unaware as to tell if water is boiling or not?  Is it true that if you are convicted of a misdemeanor you cannot sign a lease on an apartment or is that a load of crap.  Anfisa's reaction to his criminal past was hysterical, "well at least he didn't kill anyone." Bwahahah.

Alla will be on lock down as soon as she says "I do."  She will regret this marriage but will stick with it because of her son and the life he can have here. 

Nurse Narkyia and her prince, are you kidding me??? What in the world?  She seems a bit desperate for a husband but does she realize that he will be around her son and is not a good role model for her son, she needs to protect her money so she can take care of her son, her friends should kidnap her till she snaps out of it.

• Love 4

I was sort of stunned when Matt was talking about how Alla was dressed then they pan over to her and she's wearing like, the most modest outfit ever.  It set off all kinds of red flags for me about how controlling he probably is, especially since she was going out with his friend's girlfriend.  Women are perfectly capable of going out together and not sleeping with the first man who looks in their direction.  Even if she wanted to go to a nightclub....whatever.  I used to go to them for fun and dancing and not to hook up, it's a thing people can do.

From watching multiple seasons of this show (and the Happily Ever After) I wonder if people get their impressions of America based on movies and tv, which typically take place in (still fictionalized) NYC, LA, or sometimes Miami and assume that's how America is.  Then they get here and realize most people live in boring small towns with little to do where the landscape is endless strip malls and Walmarts and it's very difficult to get around without your own car.  I'd probably be miserable too.

Trust me. Travel to Europe or Central America or the even Middle East, turn on the TV, and you will get TLC and 90 Day Fiance.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Anfisa's reaction to his criminal past was hysterical, "well at least he didn't kill anyone." Bwahahah.

In other words, 'he'll do until someone better comes along', or, he gets tired of her abuse, or, he runs out of cash.

49 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Nurse Narkyia and her prince, are you kidding me??? What in the world?  She seems a bit desperate for a husband but does she realize that he will be around her son and is not a good role model for her son, she needs to protect her money so she can take care of her son, her friends should kidnap her till she snaps out of it.

I actually like her & wish she'd snap out of this - it will be very bad for her son too. She's got a life, a good job - whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??  ugh

48 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Alla will be on lock down as soon as she says "I do."  She will regret this marriage but will stick with it because of her son and the life he can have here.

Again, until she finds something better. I have no idea why she'd trust this guy with her son though & it bothers me a bit.

• Love 3

Oh, and I almost forgot. Yes, the way Matt was talking was SHOCKING! The fact that he could share that information with TV cameras meant he thought there was nothing wrong with it which was a glimpse into his brain and that was spooky. If Alla needs a restraining order in the future she can show the judge a tape of that from the show and an experienced social worker who has worked with victims of domestic abuse will see the signs immediately. He needs therapy to reel that stuff in! BIG TIME.

• Love 2
On 10/3/2016 at 3:31 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Apparently Alabama wife/mother of his son told Narkyia that the Prince was studying business in Vietnam (let that sink in a minute...), and Narkyia eventually traveled there to meet him. The whole story is so bizarre!

My gosh. No smart woman in their right mind would make such a trip to the unknown to the other side of the world to meet someone she's already caught lying enormous lies. Think about it for a minute. She is lucky he is not part of some organ trafficking gang or kidnapper looking for ransom dollars. I can't believe someone would do something like that and ignore the hundred red flags.  I cannot even comprehend how not just anybody, but someone who has a child depending on her would even entertain the idea.

Also not an Anfisa's fun. I get that she is an entertaining character for TV and sometimes it is funny. She sure entertains Jorge, who finds her explosive lines hilarious. Some people deserve those kind of blunt lines.

But I basically can't stand LAZY people. People who want to be served, and expect to be served. I don't see much value in her as a person, really. Very superficial and materialistic and proud of it for some reason. I mean, you can be proud of your great shoe collection or the car you bought thanks to your hard work and effort, I'm fine with that. But she just takes, takes from others. It is a pretty empty existence.

I'm also fine with women who choose to go traditional and care for their home and (possible) children. It is a lot of work and dedication. It could be a great pleasure to give someone you love a delicious plate of food you made, etc.  But if you don't do the work, then what are you doing???  That is not her vocation.

I guess she wants to fill her days with photo shoots and being rich and famous. Other than that I haven't seen any other goals she might have in mind...

I don't hate her, but what is there to admire? How good she is at using people?

Edited by Passthepopcorn
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mohammad confuses me, is he allowed to work? How long does one have to wait to get his a green card after he was legally married?  How long do you have to wait to be able to get a job?  What does that women in Miami see in him, he is not movie star gorgeous, not a fantastic physic, seems rather dumb and is unemployed. 

it gets her on TV

• Love 8

I think that the couples should be re-arranged possibly in this order:

Matt and Nicole (they both need lots of affection)

Lowo and Anfisa (scammers and bad at hiding it)

Narkiya and Jorge (gullible)

and Chantel and Alla should just partner up and Chantal can take Alla to the clubs 

• Love 6

Its wierd not to know how to boil water and that pasta looked gross but, TBH, I have gotten very confused trying to figure out a gas stove too ... If Jorge feels that he wants a traditional gender-roled marriage, I dont find anything wrong with that, but he seriously picked the wrong person to full that role. 

I felt really sorry for Nicole in this episode when she angrily opened up about how she has never been "shown off" before. 

• Love 1

I think Nicole's problems are self-induced. There are lots of lovely, lovable big women; it's Nicole's  personality that would make a train take a dirt road.   She's content to be clueless, rude, self-centered, demanding and obnoxious. Maybe that's why the guys run away screaming.  And she's only 22.  Scary.  

• Love 16
21 hours ago, Matias130 said:

No, a strip club is not acceptable.... and neither is a nightclub .... if Matt starts going to strip clubs then good Lord help this couple

I have been married long enough I don't care if the old boy does go to a strip club!  And he doesn't care if I go clubbing.  Although at my age clubbing sounds icky and he may be the only person who walked away from his own bachelors party after the stripper came out.  He felt horrible for her and was embarrassed.  I wouldn't have believed him but my buddies husband is the one who told me.  

I may be in the minority but I just don't get a Mo vibe from Azan.  I DO get a Danielle vibe from Nicole.  She really could benefit from some therapy.  She's got that special snowflake entitlement thing going that is very unattractive.  I think it was Arwen that talked about her swamp crotch after the flight when talking about hopefully she showered.  I would like to thank you for sticking that visual in my head like a...Nicole on an Azan!  OY!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Matias130 said:

Its wierd not to know how to boil water and that pasta looked gross but, TBH, I have gotten very confused trying to figure out a gas stove too ... If Jorge feels that he wants a traditional gender-roled marriage, I dont find anything wrong with that, but he seriously picked the wrong person to full that role. 

I felt really sorry for Nicole in this episode when she angrily opened up about how she has never been "shown off" before. 

It is sad.  If she took more pride in her appearance and had a pleasant personality perhaps she would be shown off.  One doesn't have to be slim to be shown off.  I worked with a gal who was tall and quite large but always dressed in a nice (yet somewhat sexy) way and she could turn ANY head.  You work with what you have.  I have been super poor and know for a fact you can still dress nicely.  She looks as unpleasant as she acts!

• Love 11

Nicole is a very lost little girl. She's got no business marrying anybody until she grows up.  Being overweight is the least of her worries because she's spoiled, whiny, obnoxious, and has the emotional development of a 10 year old at best. More flattering clothes, and a change in diet and therapy will do wonders for her. Plus, most importantly, she needs to be a parent to her daughter. May is not a doll; she's her daughter.

Nicole is young, so unless she's got a glandular imbalance as well, she could probably shed her weight fairly easily. I'm more than twice her age and she's way bigger than me, and I'm finding my present size VERY uncomfortable. It's more difficult to lose weight the older you get, so I hope she can regain health and happiness and better her circumstances.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I was wondering about all this with the Nigerian Prince as well. I only saw a little bit but this was a big question mark for me.

Also is his beloved who lives in Pa. a nurse?It seemed to say that- and I am just asking because if an RN, she really should have more sense. Well I guess anyone should have more sense but I mean she is obviously intelligent- and she did actually uncover his deceit..    

I find Afisa just ridiculous. a caricature. 

I think that based on her bag that said "LPN", Narkiya is an LPN, still technically a nurse, just not an RN. She does seem very intelligent and thats why it puzzles me that she would fall for this guy. Especially since they met on a FB group for plus-size women, I'm sure there were other men on the group who would click with her. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Is it true that if you are convicted of a misdemeanor you cannot sign a lease on an apartment or is that a load of crap. 

Depends on the complex and management. There isn't a law against it, if that is what you are asking. In the city I'm moving to, some complexes will even deny you for misdemeanors that happened decades ago. Private rentals (not in a huge complex and not through a management company) tend to be far, far more lenient. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:44 PM, Toaster Strudel said:

That's because he was not a "catfisher" but a 419 scammer.  They're always white, in their forties, work on oil fields or the military, are widows and have one grown child, and very very wealthy.  They lovebomb you, then they are called to Nigeria, where all kinds of bad things happen and they can't get to their money and need yours to get them and their one child out of trouble.  You will be rewarded with immense riches for your troubles and marry the guy - that's the part that never happens.

That's what happened to Mr. Funky's newly widowed Aunt (she was married to his Uncle - the Aunt wasn't the blood relative).  She met a guy that she just gushed about online.  Showed me gifts he sent her.  Said he was from England.  He was an art dealer (she had worked in the art world for years), wealthy, and a widower (he didn't have children - I think because she didn't either - no biological children, anyway, and the step-children were all grown and out on their own).  She showed me photos - they looked off and didn't look like the same guy in each one.  He wasn't model gorgeous, but wasn't bad looking either.  He'd call at 3 or 4 am every day.  She told me he said he was coming to visit her after.....he got back from Nigeria - he was there on business.  We went back home from visiting her before the inevitable shoe dropped that he wanted her to send him money for some emergency.  She never mentioned it again, and we never brought it up again.  I'm sure the stuff he sent her was knock-off, or purchased with stolen credit cards.  She lost most of her pension money when the stock market crashed, and she was working several part time jobs after taking early retirement at 62 (I have a feeling it was one of those "strongly suggested" early retirements - the company was downsizing).  So I'm hoping he realized that she wasn't worth his time and didn't scam her for money she didn't have.  She's married now to a nice person she meet in real life first.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:58 AM, gonecrackers said:

In other words, 'he'll do until someone better comes along', or, he gets tired of her abuse, or, he runs out of cash.

I actually like her & wish she'd snap out of this - it will be very bad for her son too. She's got a life, a good job - whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??  ugh

Again, until she finds something better. I have no idea why she'd trust this guy with her son though & it bothers me a bit.

If she really lives in Camp Hill, then she's doing well for herself.  It's a nice area, right across the river from Harrisburg, our state capital.  I wish they would have shown where the restaurant was.  We have one over there that we love - the Caddy Shack - but that wasn't it.  They must have a fly problem - it looked like they had bags of water with pennies hanging up.  Some people believe the old wives tale that it keeps flies away.  It doesn't work.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 2