Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

On Amy's Twitter account, she occasionally changes the description of herself, below her profile photo. She's changed it very recently to: "TLC/Duggar cousin/ wifed up/ Jesus is my King/ adventurous/ curious like a cat/ I can use a whole tube of chapstick without losing it. Cereal addict."  

I'm curious that she's listed TLC first now - Please don't tell me she's got something going on TLC again!

Of course she does.

Our long national nightmare continues.

• Love 7
On 7/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, OpieTaylor said:

On Amy's Twitter account, she occasionally changes the description of herself, below her profile photo. She's changed it very recently to: "TLC/Duggar cousin/ wifed up/ Jesus is my King/ adventurous/ curious like a cat/ I can use a whole tube of chapstick without losing it. Cereal addict."  

I'm curious that she's listed TLC first now - Please don't tell me she's got something going on TLC again!

Is this the same Amy who was quoted as saying she was so happy to lose the Duggar name? ;)

• Love 5

Maybe they have let crazy cousin Amy be in the new season of counting on. She seemed to get on with Jinger, and she would obviously be involved with the wedding and stuff. But that doesn't explain the 10 days filming in LA with that Mob Wives woman.

18 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

You are deeply disgusting. I like that in a person. 

Thanks, Tabbygirl! I just find em and share em.  Sadly, I'm sure this was the case with this poor little one.

i try to keep them mostly within the bounds of good taste (some of those memes out there are just too cruel)  though I've sent myself to the prayer closet more than once already this week.

• Love 1

Awww...James looks so young. 

On a positive note, Jenny doesn't look about to cry. 

So even when going ice skating the girls can't wear pants? Absolutely ridiculous.

• Love 4

Their James birthday message is better.  They must be getting help writing some of these compared to the servant heart stuff. Of course they have to end with a good dose of God.  Plus they had 3 threads with pics about his birthday.  

Happy 15th Birthday James!

God has gifted you with a creative mind!

We learned early on that you are a problem solver and a fixer of things! 

As a little guy, we would find our broken lamps and other items taken apart as you meticulously worked to try and fix them or to figure out how they worked!

You have determination, and a great amount of creativity!
Qualities that can take you far in life!

We are so encouraged by your tender heart toward God & your love for His word.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect (complete), thoroughly furnished (equipped) unto all good works.

We love you James!

-Mom & Dad

5 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Holy shit, he looks about 10. That's not normal surely? Joy could push him over with one finger

We come from a family of slow developers. Grandson turned 16 the other day. It was well into his 15th year that he grew over 6 inches and his voice began to change. Huge difference once it started. So there is hope for James. We haven't heard him speak to see if his voice is changing.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Holy shit, he looks about 10. That's not normal surely? Joy could push him over with one finger

I hope James is just a late developer. I really grew to like him when they showed him as the Dillards chaperone.   I'm sure his schooling isn't equal to his age.   In my neck of the woods, a 15 yr old would be starting 10th grade (a sophomore).  He would be doing some type of higher math- Algebra, Geometry, whatever) But as of two years ago, we saw his Sister Mom Jill going over basic math flash cards with him. I don't remember if it was even multiplication or division.  IIRC, Jill was pleased he was doing so well.  I know they can get their driver licenses at a young age in Arkansas.  Does he have his?  This family seems to make a big deal out of the birthday ice cream sundaes - I guess birthdays (when they do celebrate one) is the only time they get a treat. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

We come from a family of slow developers. Grandson turned 16 the other day. It was well into his 15th year that he grew over 6 inches and his voice began to change. Huge difference once it started. So there is hope for James. We haven't heard him speak to see if his voice is changing.  

My husband claims that he didn't hit a growth spurt until he was 21, and that he graduated high school (granted, he was only 16) at under 5 feet tall and under 100 lb. He joined the Navy at 20, barely squeaking into the height requirements, and I have photos of him in boot camp looking like somebody's little brother playing dress-up. I didn't meet him until he was 27 and 5'8". He still hadn't managed to get his weight over 115 lb. That didn't happen until the metabolism hit the 40-year nosedive.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Their James birthday message is better.  They must be getting help writing some of these compared to the servant heart stuff. Of course they have to end with a good dose of God.  Plus they had 3 threads with pics about his birthday.  

Happy 15th Birthday James!

God has gifted you with a creative mind!

We learned early on that you are a problem solver and a fixer of things! 

As a little guy, we would find our broken lamps and other items taken apart as you meticulously worked to try and fix them or to figure out how they worked!

You have determination, and a great amount of creativity!
Qualities that can take you far in life!

We are so encouraged by your tender heart toward God & your love for His word.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect (complete), thoroughly furnished (equipped) unto all good works.

We love you James!

-Mom & Dad

Hi Duggars,

God here. I'mma need you to lay off of the exclamation points, they are making me feel stabby (or in my case, like sending a plague). Also, out of all of my awesome scripture, that's what you choose for someone's birthday? Dudes, loosen up!

Peace,

God

• Love 14
19 hours ago, louannems said:

And he gets his Drippy Sundae!

I always have the feeling that when Jim Bob orders the Drippy Sundae for the Birthday Boy or Girl, he asks for an extra spoon and eats 3/4 of it himself.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bean421 said:

Amy's on snapchat comparing the Duggars and Kardashians. She seems to be hinting at her own sjow. Heaven help us all.

What are her comparisons? Is she saying the Duggars are better than the K's? Or just as bad as?

14 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

What are her comparisons? Is she saying the Duggars are better than the K's? Or just as bad as?

She said the Kardashians were always themselves, even if it was high tension and drama, and that her families show was just flat (she didn't say those words, but just showed her hand in a straight line across the frame). Then Amy said she had some exciting news that she couldn't wait to share. I'm assuming is a show, but clearly she's on the outs with the Duggars at the moment. No photo ops or congrats to Jinger for snagging her goalie. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Bean421 said:

She said the Kardashians were always themselves, even if it was high tension and drama, and that her families show was just flat (she didn't say those words, but just showed her hand in a straight line across the frame). Then Amy said she had some exciting news that she couldn't wait to share. I'm assuming is a show, but clearly she's on the outs with the Duggars at the moment. No photo ops or congrats to Jinger for snagging her goalie. 

wow, I'm amazed she's dissing the Duggars!  Ugh, I can't believe it if she's got some show

(edited)

I love this photo of James with Izzy. The baby bracing for a collision is cute. 

13612369_850004875133163_202671627622476

Incredulous Izzy

13179435_913883715377105_607908542982124

The family don't date their photos, but this is not very encouraging, Michelle is like 5 feet tall. 

13590399_850004821799835_410218948800361

14/15 year olds behind the wheel. That's scary. 

13620016_850494158417568_539492769749729

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

I remember that old special when they trotted out each kid like a member of a football team. Smuggar was 17 or 18 at the time, and they listed him at an even 6'. I think Boob topped out at 5'11". Jill was already 5'6.5" (she was 14, IIRC) and Jana was listed at 5'4". m Jessa was 5'2", and Jinger was 4'11". (Don't ask me how I remember all this minutae.) Other than Jana, the other girls seem to be just a touch taller, in the 5'5"ish range, except for Jill, who I think said she is 5'7". Josie will be lucky to hit 5'. I feel for her; I was almost *that* much smaller than my classmates when you see me in school pictures. 

When the boys grow, they do seem to reach about 5'10" or so, aside from Josiah, who I don't think has gotten much past 5'8". All of the boys were just extremely late bloomers; it's impossible to say how tall Jason, James, Justin, and Jackson will be. I'm actually surprised that they didn't get any really short girls, given that Mechelle was only 5'3" (a century ago...she sure ain't 5'3" now). 

• Love 2
On 7/7/2016 at 9:30 PM, Kokapetl said:

James turned 15. Happy birthday #13!

13603228_850045868462397_593783426357982

Looks like he's the only Duggar male to escape getting smacked upside the head with the ugly puberty phase stick. 

He's barely 15, and he just started growing. Give it time. They usually wilt on the vine by 18. The twin boys (18 in December) are starting to lose their shine, and Jason, who's 16, is already a lost cause. :(

51 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Poor John David is the homeliest of the male Duggar spawn. His twin is beautiful. Genetics don't always make sense.

Smuggar's vileness makes him ugly beyond homeliness

I think poor Jason is going to take the homely cake when it all shakes out. That poor kid. :(

• Love 1

Jason looks the most like JD...it will be close.

James is such a little cutie.

Their fondness for chickenetti, tater tot casserole, and Chick-Fil-a don't really help. Regular face washing and astringent and a proper diet would help those lads.

• Love 3

It would help all of them. Even Jana had acne once upon a time, and Jessa's skin is still pretty bad. I think Smuggar, Joy and the boy twins are the only ones who made it though puberty relatively unscathed by acne. 

• Love 1

Most serious acne is caused because the skin of certain people naturally produces thicker than average oil which clogs their pores and results in inflamation and whiteheads. It has nothing to do with what a person eats or how often they wash their face or whether they use astringent. It's essentially genetic. 

Many of the Duggars may well have poor diets and less than stellar grooming, but for the most part they are just unlucky in the gene pool and there is not much they can do about it until they simply grow out of it..

• Love 18
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Most serious acne is caused because the skin of certain people naturally produces thicker than average oil which clogs their pores and results in inflamation and whiteheads. It has nothing to do with what a person eats or how often they wash their face or whether they use astringent. It's essentially genetic. 

Many of the Duggars may well have poor diets and less than stellar grooming, but for the most part they are just unlucky in the gene pool and there is not much they can do about it until they simply grow out of it..

Thank you. I have always struggled with my skin (even now at 39). My parents took me to a dermatologist regularly as a teen even though it was a "luxury" we probably couldn't afford. I never realized people assumed that meant I ate crap and never washed my face/sheets!  

• Love 16

A good-quality benzoyl peroxide product from a drugstore could help unless they have cystic acne. A trip to a dermatologist would be even better. We're talking godly countenance here, so the Samaritan non-insurance should pay for a doctor's visit that yields lots of samples. The boys could take products acquired for the girls in the spirit of the "buy used" philosophy.

From experience, I'll say that praying does not necessarily work on this issue. 

• Love 6

Joseph works out, and it really helps. John-David should try it. 

On 10 July 2016 at 9:51 PM, HooHooHoo said:

Thank you. I have always struggled with my skin (even now at 39). My parents took me to a dermatologist regularly as a teen even though it was a "luxury" we probably couldn't afford. I never realized people assumed that meant I ate crap and never washed my face/sheets!  

My female orthodontist had severe acne. The odds are just really stacked against some people. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

My female orthodontist had severe acne. The odds are just really stacked against some people. 

Odds are against some people, but bad hygiene doesn't help the situation.

Accutane--strong stuff-- side effects---but was truly a wonder drug for my two children. From what I remember, my daughter had to jump thru hoops to get the prescription---it causes severe birth defects---so probably not a good option for the female Duggars.

12 hours ago, Beaner said:

Accutane--strong stuff-- side effects---but was truly a wonder drug for my two children. From what I remember, my daughter had to jump thru hoops to get the prescription---it causes severe birth defects---so probably not a good option for the female Duggars.

My niece used it & worked well for her.  But like you said, hoops have to jumped thru - many follow-up Dr visits, pregnancy tests, blood work, & very high price tag.  Can't see the Duggars ( or Sister Mom)  taking on those kinds of things. 

On 7/9/2016 at 10:48 PM, Sew Sumi said:

He's barely 15, and he just started growing. Give it time. They usually wilt on the vine by 18. The twin boys (18 in December) are starting to lose their shine, and Jason, who's 16, is already a lost cause. :(

Sorry, having problems quoting.  Anyway it is weird with the Duggar guys.  They seem to be  late bloomers size wise ( their height & weight)  but once they get to 16, 17, their hairline starts to recede. 

• Love 1