Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

That's only valid IF Boob opens up his wallet and lets the moths fly out. I really wonder what kind of contract the kids not named Jill and Jessa got out of this new venture? Is Boob still acting as the agent on their behalf?

Look at the credits for the new show. Who is listed as producer, executive producer, and those listed under "special thanks to" are usually a good indication of where the checks are being cut. 

• Love 1

Jackson just doesn't seem to grow! I do believe that child is truely hungry! When Ben and Derick took Jackson along on the episode where the guys were at a grocery, shopping for ingredients for homemade baby food, poor Jackson was salivating over the steaks. "Ooooh steak!! How I love you!". That's how I remember it.

10mtxdh.jpg

FFS Michelle, teach them (or pay someone to teach them) to cook, or even better, pay someone to educate them! There's pre-teens in the third world churning clothes out at a price that makes sewing skills borderline useless.

The littles are allowed to wear nail polish? Isn't that considered Nike perpetrated by Jezebels? 

I love how scientific data and real education are so sanctimoniously dismissed on Planet Duggar. Duggar life is based on "Don't confuse us with the actual facts. Because Jesus wants us all to remain ignorant dolts who remain incapable of seeing through Quiverful's ridiculously male dominated fantasy." As in "The Wizard of Oz", Duggar life stands stupidly on the "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" mandate.

So thankful the Jesus I've come to know is the complete opposite. Their Jesus sounds like a blowhard. 

• Love 4

The littles are allowed to wear nail polish? Isn't that considered Nike perpetrated by Jezebels? 

Well, if the Duggars' family "mission" trips to CA were any indication, then I guess applying nail polish is equivalent to spreading the true Gospel.

• Love 10

Look at the credits for the new show. Who is listed as producer, executive producer, and those listed under "special thanks to" are usually a good indication of where the checks are being cut. 

My DVR cuts out...how convenient. Do I actually have to watch the end of the mess next week to see how TLC "thanks them?" I guess someone has to do it. 

As  for the nail thing, they are not licensed estheticians. Those girls can work at any nail salon NOW! Duh, Boob needs capital now that Jill and Jessa are getting checks he can't deny. 

The picture of the girls at the sewing machine looks like an accident waiting to happen. Hopefully it was an older Duggar taking the picture & could jump in if needed. I just see little kids fingers being run over by the needle. Remember when Anna had Michael on her lap while sewing & somehow managed to almost run over his finger? I think it was when she was making a curtain for Benessa's front door or the mobile for the Dullards.

• Love 3

True fact I used to work for the company that makes those shopping carts for kids.

ETA: there's a warning label on the car that explicitly states children SHOULD NOT be allowed on top of the car. But we all know the Duggars think things like that don't apply to them. Because Jesus.

Edited by scriggle
  • Love 6

I'd like it and think it was cute if it was my niece and nephew or something. Since it's the offspring of no-rules-apply-to-us-including-sexual-abuse-laws, I just find it that much more obnoxious.

• Love 9

I'd like it and think it was cute if it was my niece and nephew or something. Since it's the offspring of no-rules-apply-to-us-including-sexual-abuse-laws, I just find it that much more obnoxious.

I agree. We had one of those plastic playhouses that the roof comes off in the playroom of the Drs office where I worked. I can't tell you the number of times we had to reprimand kids about either being on the roof or pushing it off, while the parents looked on. I can definitely see Boob & MEchelle being those type of parents.

• Love 3

14kbhp2.jpg

I expect that sort of behavior from Jackson, but not Justin.

I don't think they were actually shopping like that. I think it's a cute pic. I'm guessing they put the cart back after the pic and went on their merry way.

• Love 6

Aren't those boys a little too old to be acting like this?  I don't mean to be a cranky adult but it is not cute or funny. As a parent I would be so upset that a child of mine did this!  Put aside that they could have been hurt, but they could have hurt someone else.  I just don't find this kind of stuff amusing.
And isn't one of them the boy who put in a video camera in the industrial dish washer to see what happens inside of it?  If they don't respect their own property (nor do they seem to be expected to), they sure aren't expected to respect anything that belongs to anyone else.

Sorry didn't mean to rant - it's just that this kind of behavior really bothers me.

• Love 1

I agree. We had one of those plastic playhouses that the roof comes off in the playroom of the Drs office where I worked. I can't tell you the number of times we had to reprimand kids about either being on the roof or pushing it off, while the parents looked on. I can definitely see Boob & MEchelle being those type of parents.

Yeah, don't'cha love those parents?  I was in a waiting room with one where the mother was letting her darling toddler literally crawl all over the end table, and use a lamp to haul herself around.  The lamp looked heavy too.  Cue Mom:  "Oh don't do that, darling.  YOU could get hurt."  I wanted to say, "She could pull that lamp over on ME!"  I might also have been stuck in a walking cast at the time, thinking she was going to kick me in the leg.

• Love 1

and hmm ... the first thing she 'spells' is TV.

But, I thought they weren't allowed to watch TV.  How does she even know what TV is?  And, why does it look like Josie has grey hair?

• Love 1

Pickles posted a picture of Jer with a shaved head, reporting he's been sent to ALERT. However, I did some digging, and ALERT doesn't accept applicants under 18 (the boy twins turn 18 next December). You also need a high school diploma or GED. Since Joy is a year older and apparently still working on hers, I doubt the boy twins have graduated yet.

However, there IS a program for boys 14+, and Jer is pictured with some boys that look to be in the 14-17 age range. Why do the Duggars feel the need to send the boys off to this faux-military bullshit that members of the REAL military scoff at? Is Jer going to spend the entirety of 2017 in Big Sandy once he's age-eligible for the "real" academy? 

eta: Here's the ALERT application. It's simultaneously alarming and hysterical. 

http://alertacademy.com/alert/wp-content/uploads/alert_application_updated_2016.pdf

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Pickles posted a picture of Jer with a shaved head, reporting he's been sent to ALERT. However, I did some digging, and ALERT doesn't accept applicants under 18 (the boy twins turn 18 next December). You also need a high school diploma or GED. Since Joy is a year older and apparently still working on hers, I doubt the boy twins have graduated yet.

However, there IS a program for boys 14+, and Jer is pictured with some boys that look to be in the 14-17 age range. Why do the Duggars feel the need to send the boys off to this faux-military bullshit that members of the REAL military scoff at? Is Jer going to spend the entirety of 2017 in Big Sandy once he's age-eligible for the "real" academy? 

eta: Here's the ALERT application. It's simultaneously alarming and hysterical. 

http://alertacademy.com/alert/wp-content/uploads/alert_application_updated_2016.pdf

Note that, on the very first page, it announces its aim of guaranteeing that your entire "life journey" will occur "under parent's authority": "We hope it is only the  beginning of a life  journey that is centered in God's will, under parent's authority...." That sentence alone was certainly enough to get Jim Bob on board with bells on, I expect! (Note also that, throughout, they have no concept of how to write the plural possessive.)

The idea that they expect people to answer these incredibly intrusive questions posed by strangers... and, worse, the fact that, apparently, more than a few people actually do it -- or pretend to, anyway, and that many parents must think these questions are reasonable and appropriate... is absolutely bone chilling, to me. (and also provides evidence that these people are absolutely stone fucking crazy, of course...) I've read the application a couple of times before, but I read the whole thing through again just now....I think because it's like a train wreck -- you just can't look away.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Uh oh. Poor Jer. I wonder what he did to be sent to Alert or whatever camp it is? We know Boob uses this as punishment and Alert is supposed to change & improve the offenders. (I think most of the older boys have been there. Josiah seems to be the most frequent flyer.) I guess this means he also trades in his I-phone for a flip one.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3

Note that, on the very first page, it announces its aim of guaranteeing that your entire "life journey" will occur "under parent's authority": "We hope it is only the  beginning of a life  journey that is centered in God's will, under parent's authority...." That sentence alone was certainly enough to get Jim Bob on board with bells on, I expect! (Note also that, throughout, they have no concept of how to write the plural possessive.)

The idea that they expect people to answer these incredibly intrusive questions posed by strangers... and, worse, the fact that, apparently, more than a few people actually do it -- or pretend to, anyway, and that many parents must think these questions are reasonable and appropriate... is absolutely bone chilling, to me. (and also provides evidence that these people are absolutely stone fucking crazy, of course...) I've read the application a couple of times before, but I read the whole thing through again just now....I think because it's like a train wreck -- you just can't look away.

Looking through those questions I was reminded of the Scientology "confess your sins" auditing program.

All the better for blackmailing someone who wants to exit the program.

• Love 10

In too many ways these people dovetail all too neatly with scientology.  Auditing, confessing everything, blackmail, free labor, I wonder why they do it.  I'd be out the door even if it was closed, ala bugs bunny.

• Love 6

No rap music, either.    So, they can't listen to Ben anymore.

I was gonna say, Flame could never pass those entrance requirements!

... What was their odd categorical phrasing?  "No music that fails to resolve"?  We got any musicologists here who can parse that?  I think I know what it means for a whole song; but you have to listen to the whole song to determine that it's wrong, sounds unlikely to me.

• Love 4

Jiminy Christmas, there was more of a party atmosphere at Hitler Youth Camps than this foolishness. What sin did poor Jer commit to deserve a stint at Alert? Did he absent-mindedly tap his foot to the Muzak at the dentist's office? Or glance a millisecond too long at a hot girl in yoga pants? Maybe he asked Bob if he could take a few college classes. That's a sure way to get shipped off to the gulag.

• Love 7

... What was their odd categorical phrasing?  "No music that fails to resolve"?  We got any musicologists here who can parse that?  I think I know what it means for a whole song; but you have to listen to the whole song to determine that it's wrong, sounds unlikely to me.

I'm sure it means no music that doesn't have a single quickly identifiable key signature that's used consistently throughout. Maybe two over the course of  a piece would be okay -- otherwise they'd have to dump a lot of Bach, for instance -- but the two keys would probably have to each have their own distinct parts of the song and be closely harmonically related.... and the piece probably needs to end in the same signature in which it began. .... It's a funny symbolic wish, to me because it basically means that a listener should be in no doubt -- throughout a whole song -- of what key that song is in and what chord it will end on. Gee, wonder how that relates to Gothardism in general?!   lol  Doubt and uncertainty of any kind are bad! Bad bad bad bad bad!      Talk about a cult for the anxious and fearful. Yeesh.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

Baby weight for Amy!

Too bad Stacy London might be losing her new show because it hasn't been picked up but she sure would have a field day with Amy's horrible outfit! WTH? Did she just go to the thrift store and put everything on all at once?

• Love 1

and hmm ... the first thing she 'spells' is TV.

Is that not hilarious?!

No, look at those thunder thighs. That's a gut, not a baby belly. Ask me how I know; hint, I'm built just like her.

I agree, that's a muffin top. (I have one too.)
  • Love 2