Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

I loved reading the comments! Yeah, why Michelle, do all of your girls love domestic duties, only!??

And then, of course, we also get this kind of comment, which makes your hair stand on end: "Happy Birthday, Jordyn. I am so grateful for your example to other children. You truly are a blessing from God. I pray you continue to encourage others your age to be godly people."     Yes, there are some people out there who think that all children ought to be treated this way, and it's not just the Duggars. 

How can someone who writes this not see the comments about the extreme limitations of how this child is viewed by her family and have a bit of a second thought? And how does this person raise her children? Hope to heck that she is just clueless and not actually following the Duggar pattern in her own family.

• Love 7

In that Digging In With the Duggars crapfest, Michelle is reading to the grandkids and actually says "It reminded me of when Jim Bob and I had little ones." Josie was like three at the time.

Wow. She truly is in dire need of help, psychiatric help. A good psychiatrist could study and observe her and then name a syndrome or disorder after her. It's beyond sad that as soon as she stops breastfeeding, she completely disconnects, which means she never bonds with any of those children. I wonder if she's always been mentally ill or if it happened after she married Boob?

• Love 10

Wow. She truly is in dire need of help, psychiatric help. A good psychiatrist could study and observe her and then name a syndrome or disorder after her. It's beyond sad that as soon as she stops breastfeeding, she completely disconnects, which means she never bonds with any of those children. I wonder if she's always been mentally ill or if it happened after she married Boob?

Wouldn't you HAVE to be mentally ill to marry Jim-Bob Duggar? Just kidding - partially.

• Love 11

What the ever-loving hell? To a seven-year-old? Why am I surprised that the only "interests" this child has are homemaking? When I was 7, my mom had a baby and I loved to hold her and play with her but I had other stuff I loved to do also. This is disgusting.

No kidding!  I guess it would be a sin for her to love Babar, or Curious George, Thomas the Tank Engine or Octonauts, Legos, Lincoln Logs, or Dot-to-Dots.  What a sad circumscribed little lifestyle they force her into.

• Love 5

What she has, according to the Duggar facebook page 'Happy Birthday' post for her, is a fantastic future as an AuntyMom or dutiful wife with heaps of children who gets all the chores done with joyful availability (for chores and for hubby). (Of course, that's just what they said, because they don't have a clue what she has, or what she likes, only what she has been programmed to pretend to like.)

From the post (I don't know how to link it):

"You love to hold babies and be a helper anywhere, laundry, dishes, cleaning, organizing, playing with younger ones and helping other mommies with their little ones!!"

Ah yes, the generic birthday wish that sounds like a fortune cookie.

'You are such a joy'

'You are such an encourager!'

'Such a blessing from God!

'May the Lord continue to bless you'

I wouldn't be surprised if she just copy and pastes each J'child's name into a template.

• Love 7

Happy Birthday, I hope that you got to spend some one on one time with someone who loves you.

I wonder if there is anybody there who loves Jordyn. Maybe Grandma? Jana? Or one of her closer-in-age sibs? Those are really the only possibilities, seems to me.

And since I expect that Grandma and Jana have pretty much taking on the charge of loving all the kids -- since they see that nobody else is going to -- it's probably next to impossible to get much individual attention, even from them. They have a crowd to love. (Plus, they have to do all the friggin laundry, cooking, mail handing, etc. etc.) 

The Duggar kids pretty much live in an orphanage that pretends to be a super-loving home, seems to me. So not only are they deprived of a lot, but they're constantly misled and lied to about the most basic concepts that kids are intended to imbibe. They believe that the Duggar way is the right way and the way things are all over, because that's how kids naturally think. No way they're not all warped and damaged as hell, with damages that'll persist throughout their lives. It's pitiful. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14

If I remember correctly, Michelle was warned against further pregnancies after baby Jordyn was born. But no, that OB/GYN advice was for the average mother, not for godly Michelle. I always noticed that baby Jordyn was left off in some corner in some bouncy seat or playpen. As a toddler, she seemed to toddle about aimlessly, pacifier in mouth. Her mom, of course, was busy gestating another dangerous pregnancy, or holed up in the intensive care pediatric unit, or up in her bedroom monitoring Josie's O2 levels.

It wasn't until Josie was about 3 that I saw Jordyn playing with all the Lost Girls. She was definitely the Most Lost, and ignored, poor thing.

And now, since Michelle knows nothing whatsoever about what her own little girl delights in, (because she's forgotten she still has little ones at home), all she can publicly state, on her own child's birthday, is Jordyn has a servant's heart and loves Jesus and cleaning!

• Love 15

These sound more like Michelle's passive aggressive way to use a daughter's birthday to show the world just how religious her mommy is. Each statement revolves around mommy's religiosity rather than about the beautiful uniqueness of the child.

Or, they want a steady early diet of "training" the girlchildren to think that's all they're good for.  

The only things we notice, praise, and repeat are Suzy Homemaker Dolly things.  Heaven forfend the kid remember WHAT games she liked to play with her younger siblings either.  It's just important that she was willing to skivvy for them, actually and emotionally.

• Love 1

Aw, Johanna learned the best lesson from Jim Bob - cheat! Before and after, she was grabbing those tickets. What a nice family, instilling those morals at a young age.

I think the worst part is that she didn't even try to play the game ! The "fun" part of those booths is the screamingly funny part of being inside the swirling, chaotic paper flying around you as you attempt to grab hold of something, anything. I've been in one of those at a fair and it was hilarious - I could barely try to grab anything because I was laughing so hard ! It's a LOT harder than you'd think it would be, and I came out with more tickets that had ended up accidentally in my shirt than I had in my hands...

I watched Johanna hunker down, cheater-style, with as many tickets as she could gather before the air started, and all I could think was "Wow. JB must have been casing that machine for WEEKS..."

She was like a Little Grifter Junior on a JOB for the Big Boss. Happy Fucking Birthday. 

• Love 8

Re: The birthday girl.

It's interesting to read the leghumpers comments, because they mention that the kid is being trained to serve others (her family I guess), and not just staring at a phone or tablet. Are they missing the big picture? Almost all kids help with chores around the house, but in addition to normal responsibilities they have freedom to pursue interests and discover themselves. Their world is whittled down to eliminate so much valuable experience.

• Love 8

I hope Amy is on fertility drugs, has 10 babies, a tiny house on a  pumpkin farm, takes in a refugee gypsy sister nanny and an amish groundskeeper who are married at first sight, hoards coupons and ditches DUI for a 90 day fiancé. Then we have an interesting Duggar.

• Love 12

Boldng mine

I hope Amy is on fertility drugs, has 10 babies, a tiny house on a  pumpkin farm, takes in a refugee gypsy sister nanny and an amish groundskeeper who are married at first sight, hoards coupons and ditches DUI for a 90 day fiancé. Then we have an interesting Duggar.

And a new TLC show!

Coupons- check

Amish- check

Gypsy- check!!

Maybe she could have those 10 babies all at once a la Octomom!

• Love 1

And has a 150 pound scrotum! 

Do we really think that she's breeding? She was pretty adamant that she was going to put that off for a while. She just got a cat. But damn, what else could it really be?  A Famy pregnancy would be more insufferable that Jill's and Jessa's combined. 

• Love 6

And has a 150 pound scrotum! 

Do we really think that she's breeding? She was pretty adamant that she was going to put that off for a while. She just got a cat. But damn, what else could it really be?  A Famy pregnancy would be more insufferable that Jill's and Jessa's combined. 

Maybe she's getting a dog.

Maybe she's getting a dog.

She already has Belle, a poor creature I've always pitied. 

She bought the kitten from a breeder. I think it's too little to be knocked up (but I'm not holding my breath waiting for her to get it fixed). 

Deanna announcing this means a grandkid or a music project. Or they bought a house. Or they have to build on an extra closet in their current place to house Famy's wardrobe. 

• Love 2

From the post (I don't know how to link it):

"You love to hold babies and be a helper anywhere, laundry, dishes, cleaning, organizing, playing with younger ones and helping other mommies with their little ones!!"

In other words, "Happy Birthday, Jordyn. You wander around the house desperately seeking attention/approval from your mother, or anyone's mother."

• Love 12
In other words, "Happy Birthday, Jordyn. You wander around the house desperately seeking attention/approval from your mother, or anyone's mother."

This was my exact thought. The poor girl has been and is so neglected that she will do anything for just a morsel of attention. She doesn't belong to anyone now that Jessa is gone. And I don't think she had much of a sense of belonging even when Jessa lived in the house since Blessa, unlike Jill, never seemed to make much of an effort to mother her buddies (not that I can blame her for that). If Jordyn being a good little helper means people noticing her and giving her positive reinforcement and praise, then a good little helper is what she will be.

• Love 9

All of the talk about Jordyn's birthday made me think of two unforgettable moments on the show:

Best Side-Eye Ever: Baby Jordyn gives JBoob fantastic side-eye

Best WTF? Moment Ever: MEshelle nursing baby while riding on the (Xmas?) float

According to Deanna, Famy's got a secret, y'all! Do you think it's possible that she actually got a job? LOLOLOLOL

https://www.instagram.com/p/_eYBPLu95n/?taken-by=twoheartsnhim

That's funny, the page has been deleted! Wonder why?

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1450795653./748872181913100/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

Please tell me that is not Jackson in the wagon! If it is, he is growing smaller with every photo!

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/pb.510067475793573.-2207520000.1450795653./749446608522324/?type=3&source=54&refid=17

You know, on the show, they were always assuring us just how different their family was. We always saw the boys in uniform- looking polo shirts, with every button buttoned, 1950's style. Then they show us old pictures of how they really lived, without camaras rolling. Normal tee shirts likes your average family.

Of course, now I see that Jackson is tiny cuz that's an OLD photo!

I hope that Amy gets a hell of a lot more covers than Jill or Jessa only because I wanna be a mean girl today.

I know I'm in such a witchy mood after watching a poor teenaged bakery employee get screamed at by a woman who didn't order her Christmas desserts in advance and was furious they couldn't whip up half a dozen pies at a moment's notice. I hope Amy makes her pregnancy announcement only to be upstaged by Jilly Muffin's pregnancy announcement followed by Anna announcing she got knocked up the weekend she visited Josh in Jesus Jail followed by J'Chelle telling the world their adoption application was just approved. I'm like, literally out for bear today.

• Love 16

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/749943561805962/?type=3&source=48&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.749943561805962%3Atl_objid.749943561805962&__tn__=E

Lost Girl Jenny is actually smiling! Meredith is cute.

Since the Duggar's had Christmas decorations up for Thanksgiving, it appears they are wasting no time taking them down. I see boxes of green garland stuff.

• Love 1

Since the Duggar's had Christmas decorations up for Thanksgiving, it appears they are wasting no time taking them down. I see boxes of green garland stuff.

Taking down Xmas decorations the day after Xmas? Is that normal?? Here, we leave them on til 6th January.

I really really feel for poor Jenni. Such a sad little girl. Amy's card is just gross.

I do wonder, they all blather on and on about keeping "the Christ in Christmas", yet they do give presents galore, print hideous cards (what do you need them for?) and aren't exactly doing a modest thing

• Love 5
Taking down Xmas decorations the day after Xmas? Is that normal?? Here, we leave them on til 6th January.

I'll see your 6th and raise you the 13th of January. On the other hand we do most of the decorating on the 23rd (and celebrate on the 24th) so. If I'd had to look at Christmas decorations for a month, like the Duggars, I'd probably want it gone as soon as possible as well.

Jenni is looking pretty, unkempt and forcing a smile as per usual. The Duggar home is looking bare, dreary and sad, also per usual, despite garish Christmas decorations. Those black-out sheet things over the windows really give the whole place a charmingly claustrophobic touch. Curtains people, they are a thing!

• Love 4

13th Jan? Honestly? Where do you live? THAT is long

Same here, with getting a tree the day before Xmas eve though.

There doesn't seem to be a single child in that household that wouldn't need/benefit from intensive therapy. The boys seem less affected, but the girls......

i would have totally had mine down today except we celebrated with some of our grandkids today. but rest assured, tomorrow or monday, all evidence of christmas will be gone for another year.