Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

But can you imagine what Gladys Kravitz could find out for us and post here.     ABBNERRRRRR !

I can't help but think that Amy is their Gladys Kravitz, but instead of running to Abner with her scoop, she's running to People Magazine. LOL!

Edited by Guest

Freejinger is reporting that Joseph was spotted applying for a job at Chick-fil-a, even though it looks more like a bible study group to me. The picture doesn't provide a good shot of the young man's face, but it certainly does look like he's wearing the same tie from Jilly muffin's wedding.  

https://instagram.com/p/7-2SIog4nM/

Edited by Guest

Yehp, not a good look for anyone over 3.

Now I feel self conscious- when I smile my whole face scrunches up worse than Amy's does.  So does my daughter's (she's 17 and I am 43).  Guess we should just not smile anymore ; )  Of course, unlike Amy, we don't do it on purpose...it just happens.

• Love 4

Now I feel self conscious- when I smile my whole face scrunches up worse than Amy's does.  So does my daughter's (she's 17 and I am 43).  Guess we should just not smile anymore ; )  Of course, unlike Amy, we don't do it on purpose...it just happens.

I'm sure both you and your daughter have lovely smiles. Remember that this is a snark site!

• Love 7

My understanding is that a scrunchy-eyed smile is the more true happy smile. Scrunches happen naturally.

I have lots of squinty pix.

Then I got the droopy upper eyelid thing and tried to battle that with the too wide open eyes. The dreaded uplifted brow move. Not worth the effort.

Just smile!

It makes everyone feel better

• Love 7

There's a difference between a forced smile and a natural smile.  Amy forces a scrunchy eyed smile because she thinks it's cute or something.  I'd be willing to bet that if she were to spontaneously smile when she wasn't trying to make some sort of impression or because she knows a camera's nearby, her natural smile would be a lot more genuine and attractive.

People who naturally scrunch when they smile, and they do it even when no one's around, are fine.  It's them, it's real, and it makes other people smile too.  Don't worry that people will find your smile fake or icky, the subject only came up because Amy wants your smile and is doing a bad impression of it.

• Love 7

There's a difference between a forced smile and a natural smile.  Amy forces a scrunchy eyed smile because she thinks it's cute or something.  I'd be willing to bet that if she were to spontaneously smile when she wasn't trying to make some sort of impression or because she knows a camera's nearby, her natural smile would be a lot more genuine and attractive.

People who naturally scrunch when they smile, and they do it even when no one's around, are fine.  It's them, it's real, and it makes other people smile too.  Don't worry that people will find your smile fake or icky, the subject only came up because Amy wants your smile and is doing a bad impression of it.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

• Love 1

Oh Amy, I hope you enjoy your well deserved estrangement from your cousins and their future tv show.

You know she is dying right now. She talked crap about Josh, sold info to the media, didn't include her older cousins in any aspect of her wedding and now the Duggars are back on the air. Her and Marjorie should get together for coffee to commiserate on their blown opportunities.

• Love 9

I am a former sister-mom myself, and i have to defend Jana here. Sisters aren't moms, and they don't make good surrogate moms because they are children. I thought that I was a great sister-mom and took great care of my siblings. I was crushed and demoralized when they became young adults and began having serious problems -- as far as I was concerned I was their parent and I had failed them. It took me years to really realize that their problems weren't my fault, and that I had been tasked with way too much responsibility at a young age.

I don't think that Jana is a particularly good "mom" because she's not. She has had no one to serve as a model for her behavior. She raises her current "children" the same way she raised her previous "children" based on a model she more or less worked out for herself before she was 10 years old. The person who is a bad mother here is J'chelle -- full stop.

This post is a little older, but I wanted to say exactly this. I pretty much raised my younger siblings and some of my younger cousins as well. At fourteen, I was left for days at a time with 5 kids under 4. Anyway, I tried my best. I learned as I went. I wasn't a mother in the sense that I wasn't necessarily thinking about their futures, I was thinking of how I was going to get through the day, who needed a bath, what time I last fed the baby. The kids I helped raised are preteens and teenagers now and most of them aren't doing too well. It's not the fault of the sister-mom, it's the fault of whoever put them in that situation. If you result to letting children raise children, the situation is probably pretty crappy to begin with. Just my take on things.

• Love 23

There are four threads I can think of off the top of my head where this could go, but I'll try here: apparently Amy has purveyed her thoughts on the Jinger courting situation to Entertainment Tonight.

Here, I'll save you the trouble:

ET has learned that when her cousin, Amy (Duggar) King, came back from her honeymoon in Cancun, she immediately questioned Jinger about the alleged romance, asking, "Girlfriend, What's this about you being in love?"

Jinger simply laughed it off and said, "Rumors are rumors!"

which is absolutely a conversation I can picture the two of them having on the subject in precisely those words exactly.

Sadly, Amy's pre-marital wish to no longer be a (Duggar) appears not to have been granted to her by her friends in the press.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 5

I wonder if JB feeds info to Famy to leak. She never used to sing like this before and you'd think she'd keep quiet to hopefully get some TLC screen time. I think they're in cahoots.

I have trouble seeing him getting on board with headlines about how ashamed she is to be named Duggar and how much convinced her shiny new lord and master is that Josh is an even bigger whoredog than we already know about, but I guess it's possible. 

I wonder if JB feeds info to Famy to leak. She never used to sing like this before and you'd think she'd keep quiet to hopefully get some TLC screen time. I think they're in cahoots.

Could be, I guess.

And if so, I hate these people more than I already hated them. Doesn't really matter though. I already hate Jim Bob and Amy. A lot.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

There are four threads I can think of off the top of my head where this could go, but I'll try here: apparently Amy has purveyed her thoughts on the Jinger courting situation to Entertainment Tonight.

Here, I'll save you the trouble:

which is absolutely a conversation I can picture the two of them having on the subject in precisely those words exactly.

Sadly, Amy's pre-marital wish to no longer be a (Duggar) appears not to have been granted to her by her friends in the press.

Poor Amy, barely wiping the sand off her feet from her honeymoon, and there she is again being associated with that family. Poor, poor Amy.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1

Ugh, People online has an article about Amy and Dill at a motorcycle rally. How and why did Amy become a thing. I can't link because I don't want to give the story clicks, but why? 

It's not that she's a thing.  It's just that she's like "fetch" and everyone is trying too hard to make her happen.  

And because she's willing to go on the record saying pretty much anything they want her to if they'll just point a camera at her.

• Love 2

It's not that she's a thing.  It's just that she's like "fetch" and everyone is trying too hard to make her happen.  

She was planning/filming her own show when Joshgate broke. I'm sure TLC wil happily bring her back if the special do ok.

She was planning/filming her own show when Joshgate broke. I'm sure TLC wil happily bring her back if the special do ok.

The show they were planning was her wedding. I think the ship has sailed on Amy and TLC, especially since she interrupted her honeymoon to call Jessa tacky.

The show they were planning was her wedding. I think the ship has sailed on Amy and TLC, especially since she interrupted her honeymoon to call Jessa tacky.

No, she was in negotiations for weekly salary, for herself, Deanna, and Grandma. It wasn't specials, there would've been a show.

• Love 1

Not looking like either one makes her a very lucky girl.

Maybe she's a changeling and that's why she looks so depressed all the time. She can't believe the fairies dropped her off at the Duggar house, of all places, and because she's not a Duggar she's the only one smart enough to realize what a hellpit it is.

No, she was in negotiations for weekly salary, for herself, Deanna, and Grandma. It wasn't specials, there would've been a show.

Why in the world does this idiot network feel called upon to offer salaries to some of the most boring people on the planet? Is there really nothing else they can film?

• Love 5

Why in the world does this idiot network feel called upon to offer salaries to some of the most boring people on the planet? Is there really nothing else they can film?

Because they've already made millions on their slightly-less-boring-but-for-horrifying-reasons cousins?

• Love 4

Because they've already made millions on their slightly-less-boring-but-for-horrifying-reasons cousins?

But, give the Duggar kids this, there are an awful lot of them, and they live in pretty unique circumstances. Amy's a bog-standard vaguely-religious only child without any particular talent newly married to a potato. Walk into your nearest Belk and there's six of Amy, only with enough gumption to get a job, offering to spray perfume on people.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 15

But, give the Duggar kids this, there are an awful lot of them, and they live in pretty unique circumstances. Amy's a bog-standard vaguely-religious only child without any particular talent newly married to a potato. Walk into your nearest Belk and there's six of Amy, only with enough gumption to get a job, offering to spray perfume on people.

This is very true.  That said, I also think it was an end-run around JB and Josh's damage to the family brand.  Give Amy a show and let's see how many of her cousins mysteriously manage to wander into frame.

• Love 1

Yeah, that's it. The actual, you know, Duggar Duggars are boring as hell. But there are 19 of them. And their parents (supposedly) not only were raising them but actually schooling them right there in the house. And what kind of a house would hold such a mob for home and for school? And they didn't even go out one or a few at a time because they weren't really allowed friends and definitely weren't allowed to date. Etc. That was the hook. It raised questions in people's heads. Look at what happens when you have umpty-ump kids in the same house and just keep them there all the ding-danged time...

So now, if they ever actually did consider giving Amy money, they would appear to have completely forgotten about the need for any hook, seems to me. Amy, still boring, but also a non-Duggar Duggar who was an only child, went to a school like everybody else, wasn't an extreme fundie living under bans on friendship and dating, and, also like everybody else, was a hopeful but clearly hopeless aspiring country singer. Truly nothing to see here except a boring person doing boring stuff..... Of course, they didn't offer her money. So maybe they still do want a hook? (Of course, if Jessa and Jill get shows that pretty much kills the "still need a hook" idea, since I don't think they have one either in their present configurations.)

This is very true.  That said, I also think it was an end-run around JB and Josh's damage to the family brand.  Give Amy a show and let's see how many of her cousins mysteriously manage to wander into frame.

I expect you're exactly right about this. But I still think they'd lost the plot if they pinned hopes of an interesting show on that. The hook on the Duggars per se was the 19-kids-with-extreme-sheltering-all-jammed-into-the-same-house-or-bus-for-everything-including-school. .... Just having a few of the uber-boring Duggars wander into another boring person's house doesn't have a hook at all, as far as I can see. It'd just be a boring-Amy show with a few more boring people passing through. No concept whatsoever.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Was Famy ever close to her cousins? I have really never gotten the vibe that they are all BFFs so no loss for Famy. If they were close I would have hoped at least one of them would have been a bridesmaid or had a hand in putting a bridal shower together for her. We saw none of that.

• Love 2

Johanna seems very natural and kind.  I get mad vibes from Jennifer, she is pretty but there are times she get's a mad look on her face that is fierce.  I see some natural fun loving mischief with Jordyn and Josie and being so close in age I think they'll make a good break away team sometime in the future.

• Love 4

You know, in nearly All of the TLC photos of the entire Duggar clan, I'm always amuzed to see Jenny facing away from the camera, looking MAD, picking at her clothes; that smart child could care less about keeping sweet for this family! I do wonder how she will turn out. She was always so interested in the camera crew going-ons, she will definitely want/NEED a career!

• Love 3

You know, in nearly All of the TLC photos of the entire Duggar clan, I'm always amuzed to see Jenny facing away from the camera, looking MAD, picking at her clothes; that smart child could care less about keeping sweet for this family! I do wonder how she will turn out. She was always so interested in the camera crew going-ons, she will definitely want/NEED a career!

Very scary to see those kids growing up in that mental desert. Seems to me the vast size of the family makes it worse. Plenty of kids are stuck in mental deserts, but at the Duggars' it's so damn all-encompassing. Anybody with non-Duggarish stirrings must feel incredibly trapped. Smothering.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

Aw, Amy's dressing like a biker mama. How counterintuitive, how rebellious, how eye opening, how, wow, really? completely typical for her to cosplay a socioeconomic layer below the one she wallowed in growing up.

Everybody loves to play dress up. From Famy's starched and pristinely-ironed do rag to Michelle's I'm-too-Fundy-for-this-smock shit, costumes are crucially important. Otherwise how would we know that they are devout and/or standing near a motorcycle?

• Love 7

I am just glad Amy and KingPickle seem to be having fun.  Something that so escapes poor Jana's life: a man who isn't going to force 15 babies on her and one who can cut lose and have fun.  Someone come rescue Jana!  Take her far far away from the compound and being a mom to kids not her own!

• Love 7

On Amy's Instagram there's also a video of them riding a motorbike. Of course, neither of them are wearing a helmet.

There's no helmet law in AR (if you're over 21). We live in a no helmet required state, and call that Darwin At Work.
  • Love 17

What a boon to organ donation.

truthfully, there are a lot of young organ donors because of the no. helmet issue. Ironically, there's also a lot of aging folks in need of organs. I know a 70 yr old who needed a kidney and got one from an 18 yr old cycle crash victim. Very sad.
  • Love 3