Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Jenny is at the top left of the picture, so I guess her and Hannie have both graduated from being thought of as kids. They are likely on the market discreetly now, ready to be auctioned off as soon as they hit 18. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Temperance said:

I recognize only one of them as a Duggar. Who are the rest of them and which Duggar girl is that?

Hannie front right. And is that Jennifer in the striped top, back left? I have no idea who the rest are.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hannie front right. And is that Jennifer in the striped top, back left? I have no idea who the rest are.

Yes, Jennifer is in the stripes. The rest aren't Duggars. I think the one next to Jennifer is that Elizabeth girl who was discussed a few pages back. Supposedly Johannah's older BFF.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if any of these fools or their parents would still feel this way about abortion if any of the daughters became pregnant from the rampant incest and sexual assault running through their cloistered, cult-like community?  It’s easy to pass judgment when you haven’t been in a tough spot, or you have and you think no one knows.    

• Love 20
On 1/21/2020 at 3:43 PM, libgirl2 said:

DH and I would eat there. 

We might as well...The menu doesn't look much different from several places we have been to and enjoyed around here. The whiskey and cigars we could do without. I'd imagine that if he has a good chef and the other partners have good experience, it could actually do well. I agree with others who have said that if he has a history of problems with alcohol this might not be the wisest venture for him, but if it's more a matter of his having made some mistakes then grown up a bit, it might be OK. Hope so.

Cigars do seem to still be a thing...We gave our son-in-law a gift certificate recently to a somewhat similar sort of cigar bar so he could take a few friends and have an evening out. They had a wonderful time. Have to figure out a similarly tailored evening out for our daughter as well, but she's a bit harder to buy for as she's much more into staying home and reading when she gets a break.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I do wonder about the heat at the TTH - both thanksgiving and christmas pics show several howlers in jackets, even while eating.

Maybe they are all just afraid to take off their coats given the 'share everything in one closet system'. Someone just might take your coat because they are the same size

• Love 8
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

surely the best way to learn to play or play the harp is in a heavy jacket or puffy vest...

Hey, if it's good for swimming.....

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Because Boob is too cheap to heat the house?

Plus, imagine what happens to the heat that's pumped out in that metal barn with the huge rooms and the two-story-high ceilings in a lot of places. It's probably hot as heck up by the lofty tin ceiling while it remains freezing down at floor level. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Hey, if it's good for swimming.....

Plus, imagine what happens to the heat that's pumped out in that metal barn with the huge rooms and the two-story-high ceilings in a lot of places. It's probably hot as heck up by the lofty tin ceiling while it remains freezing down at floor level. 

I thought the TTH had heated floors downstairs.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

I thought the TTH had heated floors downstairs.

I think it does, at least in some places. But with a ceiling that high, as that heat moves from the floor into the air, it's going to go right up to the ceiling. So the bottoms of your feet will be warm, but the rest of your body won't be because heat in the air's going to go straight up. It's not going to linger near the floor. You can't make heat do that. It rises. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I think it does, at least in some places. But with a ceiling that high, as that heat moves into the air, it's going to go right up to the ceiling. So your feet will be warm, but the rest of your body won't be because heat in the air's going to go straight up. It's not going to linger near the floor. You can't make heat do that. It rises. 

I understand, I can’t, but I bet Jesus can. Maybe that is what those two cerebral giants expected.

• LOL 11
1 minute ago, SMama said:

I understand, I can’t, but I bet Jesus can. Maybe that is what those two cerebral giants expected.

I know the radiant-floor-heat people advertise that they can keep high-ceilinged rooms warm, too, even without Jesus! And the floor  heat is better at it than other kinds of heat -- but you just couldn't do it in a barn that size .... and certainly not where JB likely sets his thermostat...

I'm sure it's what they expected....Ad maybe they're so darned blessed they get it. ... And loaves and fishes, too! That's why MEeechelled doesn't need to cook. She just sets out some baskets with a dinner roll and a fish stick, and voila!

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Why are they wearing jackets?

Because they just hit the thrift shop and MKid scored the David Bowie vest and JKid snagged the Members Only jacket. They think they're cool. (They're just posing with the harps...they actually look happy for a change...must be the jackets.)

No explanation for the thin cotton granny dresses.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sure that place costs big bucks to keep heated.  I wouldn't put it past JB to find a way to get free electric somehow.

this brings so many ideas to mind of the howlers doing "jackass/ridiculousness" type things to get JB free electricity.

Amy had a pic recently of a howler on top of a moving RV trimming trees at Joy's house

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm sure that place costs big bucks to keep heated.  I wouldn't put it past JB to find a way to get free electric somehow.

Don't they have a wood burning furnace?  Not sure if it is still in existence but IIRC they showed one when they gave a tour of the TTH after it was built.  They stored the wood in an old trailer next to it & showed one of the older boys tossing wood into it.  Does anyone else remember this?

From 2013: (Michelle)

We have two things that really help keep our heating bills down in our house: a radiant heat floor and a tankless water heater.

When we built our current home, we installed a radiant heat floor before we poured our concrete. The hot water runs through pipes in it during the winter, and it heats the whole house. Installing that was really something! Everybody that was old enough to help got out there and laid that PEX pipe -- even the little ones were out there tying down the pipe in the floor before we poured the concrete.

We have furnaces and the ability to turn those on when we want them, if we need them. But the radiant heat floor saves us a lot, because it’s just circulating that hot water under the concrete. It keeps our house nice and warm in the winter. We have some cold days here -- we don’t get as much snow as the children would like -- but it does get pretty cold. The radiant heat floor has really come in handy.

This year, we also installed an instant tankless water heater. For a while, we were using a wood-burning furnace to heat the water for our home. The boys would cut the wood for it and fill it up. The problem with that was that the water took quite a while to heat between showers. The new system isn’t reliant on a hot water tank. It supplies hot water for the floor at a fraction of the cost, and it also provides all of the hot water for our showers and baths. We don’t have to wait 30 minutes for the next person to get their shower. We’re never without hot water anymore and it’s not such a scramble to figure out a schedule for baths and showers!

• Useful 7

Not everyone is a good speller, but Dillon King's (Amy's husband) misspelling below is really funny IMHO. From his Instagram (I bolded the word):

kingdillpickle  Construction is finally finished! @wellingtonnwa looks amazing! Such an amazing feeling to have dreamed this up just over a year ago, sat down and designed this space, and now see it all come to forwishen. Thanks to my partners (who are some of my best friends) who believe in me, believe in the vision, and who are always challenging me to become the best version of myself. Congratulations to our entire staff who have work so hard in creating great customer service, exquisite cuisine, and the best darn cocktails #nwarkansas has seen. I am so proud of what we have built, but more proud of the people and the team behind this amazing new venue that will serve @springdale_arkansas

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Not everyone is a good speller, but Dillon King's (Amy's husband) misspelling below is really funny IMHO. From his Instagram (I bolded the word):

kingdillpickle  Construction is finally finished! @wellingtonnwa looks amazing! Such an amazing feeling to have dreamed this up just over a year ago, sat down and designed this space, and now see it all come to forwishen. Thanks to my partners (who are some of my best friends) who believe in me, believe in the vision, and who are always challenging me to become the best version of myself. Congratulations to our entire staff who have work so hard in creating great customer service, exquisite cuisine, and the best darn cocktails #nwarkansas has seen. I am so proud of what we have built, but more proud of the people and the team behind this amazing new venue that will serve @springdale_arkansas

Damn how do he and his associates not see the spell check squiggly line under forwishen before they unleash their mediocre copy on the world. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Damn how does he and his associates not see the spell check squiggly line under forwishen before they unleash their mediocre copy on the world. 

I don’t even think spell check could guess what he was trying to write. I’ll admit it took me a few times and then I had to actually read it out loud to make it make sense. I didn’t go to very good schools growing up, so it always amazes me when I encounter people who cannot spell. I thank my teachers. I fondly remember “fruition” being one of the many vocabulary words I was forced to learn.

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I don’t even think spell check could guess what he was trying to write. I’ll admit it took me a few times and then I had to actually read it out loud to make it make sense. I didn’t go to very good schools growing up, so it always amazes me when I encounter people who cannot spell. I thank my teachers. I fondly remember “fruition” being one of the many vocabulary words I was forced to learn.

I give people a pass on spelling usually, to be honest, since I firmly believe some people have an aptitude for it and others don't. That being said, I am less understanding when the misspelling happens in a professional endeavor. I feel like most people who can't spell know they can't spell, so they're often hypervigilant about asking other people to check important stuff. I had a boss who used to make me proofread everything because he was an atrocious speller. Ditto for some of my relatives. Apparently, Dillon or whoever is writing this stuff doesn't care or they're too overwhelmed to keep up with it. Either way, it's not a very professional look. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
21 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

LOL....Part of me is actually liking "forwishen" as a sort of mock-Olde-English sort of word, meaning something like, "the result of fervent wishes"

Just shoot me now!

I just assumed it WAS an older English sort of word that I had never learned!

• Love 4

I’m willing to bet Amy‘s business is done by next Christmas, with Dylan’s failing a little bit after that. 

I mean they looked at the failure rate of small businesses before they open two of them, right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Zella said:

That line about the prenup was weirdly fascinating. Almost like a veiled threat. 🤣

“I’m so thankful you were up this morning!  Imagine what would’ve happened if someone had put a pillow over your face!  I’d be a widow! “ wink wink

• LOL 13
41 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

“I’m so thankful you were up this morning!  Imagine what would’ve happened if someone had put a pillow over your face!  I’d be a widow! “ wink wink

"And if I were a widow, your gentleman's club with an identity crisis would be mine all mine! Now have some unpoisoned coffee, baby, while I talk to my lawyer." 

Question for a lawyer: would a prenup have any say over businesses they both founded after the marriage anyway? I mean, it's not like these were businesses they both owned before they got hitched.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5