Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E25: Head Of Household 8, Nominations 8

• Start Topic

Everyone runs back to Paulie! I don't get it. They get info and run to Paulie with it. Watching him hold court at the beginning of the show, we dubbed him the Zach Morris of the house. And then, when the guys were scheming in the next room and they all walk out high giving, and Paulie is RIGHT THERE! I seriously had to rewind that, just as I had to rewind the delicious crying at the end.

And although Nicole's bun doesn't bother me, I did chuckle when they sent her scrunchies.

A little baffled by the Paul nomination, though. Why didn't they backdoor him? Now he has time to charm his minions and/or will most certainly win the veto. Then again if that doesn't work, he can always use his roundtrip ticket.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, backformore said:

Yes, that was very telling.  Z seemed like she was taking what Nat said to her, and possibly seeing Paulie in a different light, or at least questioning her devotion to him.  then she ran right back to him.  Something is wrong with the way Z sees things.   Just looking at her - she is quite gorgeous, seems to carry herself with confidence and poise.   But when Paulie is around, she becomes completely different, begging for attention, throwing herself at him, like she's unable to resist him.   I hope she wakes up and sees how pathetic she looks in that relationship. 

Freakin. Z.  I had a little sympathy for her delusions about how Paulie felt about her until I saw how she turned on Nat and any girl code.  And it wasn't just the words she embellished  it was the "music" too.--repeating her version of the info with a bitter, hateful tone, as if it Nat's info was only meant to bad-mouth Paulie.  

I think Da' knows what's up and hopefully she doesn't humor Z's delusions  about P (saying to Julie about paulie and her possibly having a relationship outside the show..etc)  On that note I cannot wait fo Paulie to join them in the JH.  But as I write this I realize all it will take is Paulie willing to sleep w her again and she'll be back on the bandwagon.  Pathetic.    It's going to be a long. sad life if she doesn't learn how to develop trust and friendships with decent women who have each others' backs.  --and then she trusts these scum-bags instead.. ugh.

• Love 5

I don't know what's worse - how Z fell under Paulie's power, or how Bridget did for Frank ("thank you for putting me on the block"....yeesh.)  

I wish Day was still there for a strong female presence. But I too like Natalie. Throughout this game she has indicated good critical thinking skills (she was onto how Frank was messing with Bridget early on) and she stands up for herself. And she likes James but isn't a robot under his control. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, butterbody said:

A little baffled by the Paul nomination, though. Why didn't they backdoor him? Now he has time to charm his minions and/or will most certainly win the veto. Then again if that doesn't work, he can always use his roundtrip ticket.

Backdooring him might have been fun to watch. But I think it would be a bit more risky. Say he got picked to play in the Veto (high chance, given how few are left), won, and pulled Corey off. They're both safe. And so is Nicole. Now there's no one left to put up except people that are working together at this time. This way, even if one of those two win the Veto, one of them IS going home. 

22 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I don't know what's worse - how Z fell under Paulie's power, or how Bridget did for Frank ("thank you for putting me on the block"....yeesh.)

On the one hand, I'd say Bridgette is worse, since she wasn't having a physical relationship with Frank (as far as I know). Sometimes that bond can really fuck with your head. But, on the other hand, at least Frank was nice to Bridgette - other than nominating her and her friends. Paulie has treated Z like utter crap, and it was so uncomfortable to watch. She's sad, really. She seemed to get it, when Nat told her everything. But then, in her sad little mind, she turned it into a way to get in good with Paulie. Giving him information. She'll do anything to win his favor. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Is there anyone here who watches this episodes ONLY?  I would like to know who you would vote for the next care package.  

I'm not a pure ep only watcher.  I watch BBAD and check the feed thread to see who won what.  But I might be part of the naive in that do like Nicole despite her incessant whine.. and cannot stand/fear michelle b/c I think she is going to grow up to be a stalker /murderer.  

I would give it to Victor.  The Duck floatie took Paul off my list.  Cory died awhile ago.. who else, really. Praying Paulie gone for good.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, backformore said:

yes - I noticed that Paulie was fairly good-looking when the season started.   (Zakiyah noticed it too).

Then, in the past week, his face has looked puffy, his features look bloated, he has one eye that doesn't track well, he looks tired. 

I thought it was just me! I kept thinking he used to be good looking - what happened? Of course, his douchy personality hasn't helped.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Is there anyone here who watches this episodes ONLY?  I would like to know who you would vote for the next care package.  

Like seasick, while I watch only the episodes, I do read the feeds thread fairly regularly.

Victor has gotten all my votes thus far.  I feel he needs the protection after all the hard work he has done.  I don't trust Paul to honor any commitment he made to Victor, or anyone else for that matter. 

Besides, I can't forgive Paul for the way he sold out his original friends and the way he treated Bridgette when Frank was leaving.  His beat-down on her was equal to anything Paulie has done to Nat.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, butterbody said:

You mean Paulie nomination?  or did I miss something?  Who are you assuming has the roundtrip ticket?  Aren't all the tickets still in sealed envelopes?

38 minutes ago, backformore said:

You mean Paulie nomination?  or did I miss something?  Who are you assuming has the roundtrip ticket?  Aren't all the tickets still in sealed envelopes?

Yeah, sorry, I meant Paulie.

And sarcasm on the RT, just implying that it is production driven.

Edited by butterbody

Something else went down right before they went live last Thursday - Julie said something about it, and we saw that Paulie's eyes were red and watery when she first tuned in and they were all sitting on the sofas. That's what I was waiting for them to show in this episode and they didn't. I guess we got the gist of it anyway. 

And yeah - I'm kind of surprised the editors wouldn't try to protect Cody's brother, but maybe they've learned their lesson after the debacle of a couple seasons ago (the one with all the racist remarks). Paulie really has turned out to be a horrible person and I wonder if his family and friends back home are horrified or if they're just collectively shrugging their shoulders and writing this behavior off as "misunderstood." 

• Love 2

Out of the network episodes was this the first time we heard Natalie say she truly loves James?  That huge moment just slipped by during her confrontation with Paulie.  No DR about it afterward.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Out of the network episodes was this the first time we heard Natalie say she truly loves James?  That huge moment just slipped by during her confrontation with Paulie.  No DR about it afterward.

This!  I was wondering about that, too.  I only watch the episodes so I figured maybe this was not news to the house?  I mean, I expected to see a DR from James at the very least.

I don't watch the live feeds, but I can see where Natalie says she loves James in the sense that she trusts him, can be herself with him, and she knows that he won't go all Calafiore on her.  She didn't say, "I'm in love with James," she said, "I love James."  To me, there's a difference.  But it will be fun to see if James/Nat have a romance outside of the house.  I can't see Natalie being the type to play and discard James, much like I think Nicory are doing to each other (and don't get me started on the dysfunction that is Zaulie).  I could be way wrong, but Natalie seems like the most real and stable person in this entire season.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, llewis823 said:

can you say Unicorns...with a charge sound like a trumpet?

I'd think we'd all (including Production) would really really rather you didn't.  ;>

3 hours ago, Porkchop said:

Paulie's threat to Natalie, that she would be next out, were SO stupid ... If she was next out (and isn't it wonderful that she won't be?), she'd be a jury member! And would she ever vote for Paulie? Not likely.

Paulie probably just figured he could bully the Jury as easily as he bullies the HGs still in the House, so no problem there.  :P

3 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes, that was very telling.  Z seemed like she was taking what Nat said to her, and possibly seeing Paulie in a different light, or at least questioning her devotion to him.  then she ran right back to him.  Something is wrong with the way Z sees things.   Just looking at her - she is quite gorgeous, seems to carry herself with confidence and poise.   But when Paulie is around, she becomes completely different, begging for attention, throwing herself at him, like she's unable to resist him.   I hope she wakes up and sees how pathetic she looks in that relationship. 

Z has a definite Paulie addiction.  The Paulie habit can be kicked, but the withdrawal's going to be hell.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

And that's not saying much.

Hey, some seasons the bar is higher than others.

Personally, I think Paulie would've been frikkin' GREAT in (aack phfft) BB15, for example.

(Not really - but I just kinda like the notion of Paulie enjoying a little more sample of Hell.)

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

PTv has fantastic recaps!  "Hell Hath No Calafiore Like Paulie Scorned"...gets my best Paulie-patented slow clap!

I especially enjoyed "Corey, the human-shaped void."  LOLZ.

Speaking of Corey, I was getting stabby when he pronounced "Benny" as "Binny" 14 times in a row.  But only because he's Corey.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Something else went down right before they went live last Thursday - Julie said something about it, and we saw that Paulie's eyes were red and watery when she first tuned in and they were all sitting on the sofas. That's what I was waiting for them to show in this episode and they didn't. I guess we got the gist of it anyway. 

Yeah. I was disappointed that they didn't show that.

Spoiler

Trying not to spoil here since it wasn't shown but was on the feeds and discussed in that thread, so I'll be very general. I thought that leaving that out, especially after Julie said it would be shown, was bs. It may have given the impression that what was shown was what she was referring to. Not the same at all.

Also, I love you guys. You crack me up.

A quote I really liked from this episode:

Natalie telling Paulie in front of others (including James), "Don't ever bring James into this.... this is one man.... you will not bring James up in this.  I genuinely love James. He showed me how to trust a man... at 26 years old.  I love him.  I care about him.  So don't ever bring James into this, because I care about James more than anyone in my life other than my family and my best friends."

The editors may have pieced parts of it together, but  it's a powerful message.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

A quote I really liked from this episode:

Natalie telling Paulie in front of others (including James), "Don't ever bring James into this.... this is one man.... you will not bring James up in this.  I genuinely love James. He showed me how to trust a man... at 26 years old.  I love him.  I care about him.  So don't ever bring James into this, because I care about James more than anyone in my life other than my family and my best friends."

The editors may have pieced parts of it together, but  it's a powerful message.

Yea, that was really sweet. She wasn't just saying she likes him more than anyone in the house. She was putting him up there with the very important people in her life. I have the most hope for this showmance out of any I've seen on this show in a long time. I think there is genuine affection there. 

• Love 3

Thanks for posting Natalie's James-love validation.  It was so great.

I couldn't take it all in the first time because my brain was still trying to recover from being in the Paulie mix-master with: "Don't try and play the victim, sweetheart, you can't go around the house being a certain way with this person and a certain way with that person and then trying to make Zak feel a certain way by telling her I was being a certain way with you when I was never a certain way with you that was different from the certain way I was with anyone else."  Or something. 

All we know for sure is Paulie loves Corey.  "That kid is my everything."

• Love 8

And I loved watching James' face when Natalie was talking...not too much reaction, but James doesn't come across as overly demonstrative.  Just quietly impressed and humbled.  It was awesome.  I adored watching Nat defend James in a way that Paulie would NEVER defend Z, and this made Paulie look like an even bigger douchecanoe.  It was the cherry on top of the sad Paulie sundae.

• Love 11

Why did nobody point out to Paulie, right before Z's eviction when he was bitching that she was leaving, that it was largely by HIS doing that she was up in the first place?  I kept waiting for James or Paul to bring it up but... nothing.  I would have said 'Listen, YOU threw her name out there.  Directly gave your blessing, and then did NOT use the veto on her.  Fuck off with the attitude.'  I understand why they didn't want to go with the 'fuck off' part, but they could have pointed out the rest in a diplomatic way.  That ball was in his court.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

All we know for sure is Paulie loves Corey.  "That kid is my everything."

Because Corey is the one person who will do everything he says and tell him everything he wants to hear. Every damn time. 

Corey's sheep mentality has me feeling a certain kind of way. And it's not friendship. 

• Love 11

I was surprised how good Nicole looked in her costume. Whoever designed it has a sense of style. I noticed that the note said she was safe from everything; it didn't just say eviction. Is there going to be a special penalty for the first/worst loser of the POV comp? Is Zingbot going to be complimenting her?

18 hours ago, North of Eden said:

By the way...does anyone know if some houseguests want a little more privacy instead of hiding in a bed is there some rule against them using the Get Smart Phone Booth and going down the Jefferies Tube to the secret room where the tickets were held?

The code was only good for a limited time. I see no reason for the producers to re-enable it, and if they did, the HG's would have no reason to think it might be working again and try it.

• Love 1

Good choice for nominees. Hopefully Paulie will be out the door. Cory is a floater and can go anytime. Next week Paul and his runaway armpit posing as a beard has to go.

Sometime soon Michelle has to be voted out before she's carried out. It's for her own good since she's minutes away from a meltdown.

Things could change (they always do) but at this point in the game I'd like to see James take it all.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, wings707 said:

I only watch the episodes and check in here occasionally .

In response to your second question, I know I'm going to get a lot of hate here but--  I have better things to do than call a phone number to vote for some "care package" on a reality show, especially if I don't know what's in it beforehand.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, nottopbravo said:

I only watch the episodes and check in here occasionally .

In response to your second question, I know I'm going to get a lot of hate here but--  I have better things to do than call a phone number to vote for some "care package" on a reality show, especially if I don't know what's in it beforehand.

No hate,  I rarely vote either but this appeals to me.  No phone, it is a click on the CBS site and the contents of the boxes are there.   

17 hours ago, K-9 said:

This episode flashedback to what Zakiyah went through and witnessed about Paulie's character.  Then Zakiyah gets evicted, and in the studio interview Z basically says she hopes there's a future with Paulie??!  Z's friends and family need to have Z removed the Jury House (make up a fake emergency) and have Z deprogrammed (cult terminology) before Paulie gets to her again.

Some respect for Bridgette in disapproving of Paulie's behavior.

I'm not so sure Z will see the light in the jury house: 

Spoiler

In an exit interview, Z distanced herself from Da' and claimed they weren't really close.  She also pretty much blames all the girls in the house (except Nicole) for all her problems and thinks they're all sneaky and liars.  I don't remember verbatim, but that's the essence.

10 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Last night I was just all glee over Paulie's sobs, but today I can appreciate how interesting it all is.  Who would have thought, after all the awful insults that fly around the house, a remark about implants would have been the one that caused both Bridgette and James to suddenly find their courage.  James, in particular, made a big step forward.  I think he naturally fears and avoids confrontation, but after Natalie's wonderful speech in his defense, he finally got it together enough to stand up to Paulie and learned that it wasn't as hard as he had imagined.  Paul's breaking point came with Paulie, grilling him like his ex-wife. Again, interesting.  Victor just needed to be reminded of who sent him out of the house before.

I would love to see a typical day in Paulie's house.  Do they all treat their mother like a servant?  Is Paulie that spoiled that he can talk to people the way he does and still expect them to be his friend?  I have a small drop of hope that Zak won't be as devoted to him if he turns up in the jury house.  She always glowed with pride when he won stuff, he might look different to her when he's a loser.

I'm sure Paulie worships the ground his mother walks on as she waits on him hand and foot. And I imagine that's exactly how Mama Calafiore likes it.  Someone tought Paulie that women are either madonnas or whores.  He probably thinks his mother had sex three times - to have three children - and his sister is chaste.  Any attraction he feels for women is because they are whores, which is why he is fixated on Natalie's butt and implants.  He takes no responsibility for his sexually inappropriate thoughts or remarks.   He's just wondering through life doing good works while Jersey girl whores attempt to corrupt him.  It's very old school and I'm a little surprised there are guys in their twenties who still think this way.  While Paulie and Cody are out partying and having one night stands, their sister probably has strict curfews and requires a chaperone. After all, as Paulie said, his sister was "raised right" - which usually means the opposite. 

And I really liked that DR with Paul - especially when he points and can't help but smile through the BS.   He did the same when he had that stupid line about his past "lovers".  Who writes this stuff?  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I was surprised how good Nicole looked in her costume. Whoever designed it has a sense of style. I noticed that the note said she was safe from everything; it didn't just say eviction. Is there going to be a special penalty for the first/worst loser of the POV comp? Is Zingbot going to be complimenting her?

The code was only good for a limited time. I see no reason for the producers to re-enable it, and if they did, the HG's would have no reason to think it might be working again and try it.

These people are so lacking in curiosity and motivation.  The room may still be there with the exact same code and holding coup d'etat, bundles of cash, and their loved ones.  These HGs seem to rarely be in an upright position.  

There was so much that went on I can't even really wrap my head around it.  

Other than yes, I still love Victor and I just can't stop myself; I wasn't fully on board with everything Natalie said and did and also I ABHOR her behavior when losing comps; and the Christmas bell sound when they revealed Corey's nom made me laugh and laugh.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think Julie meant the Paulie/Nat fight, the decision that the house made to blowup Paulie's game, and James telling Paulie that Z is going home. Then Paulie had a tantrum, went to the DR to cry, and that's why his eyes were red and watery when he was on the couch.

12 hours ago, wings707 said:

I have CBS All Access but have never watched more than 30 seconds of live feeds, maybe twice.  I watch the live eps and read the live feeds thread often when work is slow.  I don't vote.  I don't care.  And a vote would be a way of telling BB I did.  I only watch because my teen wants to.  The stuff I watch on my own time is streaming and mostly old and there's no PTV forum for most of it so I read here.  I would have cancelled CBS All Access after Survivor ended but I got sucked into American Gothic, and the teen likes BB.  

But if I did vote... I guess... I don't know.  I really don't like anyone much.  And the 'last winners get the best prizes' stuff was stupid so I don't want to support it.

Somebody posted this somewhere, but compare how Victor talked to the girls he nominated  last week, and the guys he nominated this week.  He praised the guys and told them they're competetive threats.  The girls were slammed, blamed for Paulie backdooring Victor, then condescendingly tossed Mardi Gras beads, which implies - show me your tits, bitch.  I also love how after Paul and Victor decided on noms, the only person they found worthy of consulting was James. 

Paulie said the only person he trusted was Corey.   Nicole has been there every step of the way, and blindly supported him.   But she's s girl. 

10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I especially enjoyed "Corey, the human-shaped void."  LOLZ.

Speaking of Corey, I was getting stabby when he pronounced "Benny" as "Binny" 14 times in a row.  But only because he's Corey.

He also pronounced tennis as tinnis.  It's a regional accent. The majority of my family is southern.  My Arkansas relatives pronounce pen as pin, etc.  I had a heck of time trying to get them to pronounce my friend's name. 

Me: This is my friend, Jenny

Them: Hi Jinny

Me: No, it's Jeeeeeeeenifer

Them:. Jiiiiiiiinifer

The actress Ginnifer Goodwin is from Tennessee.  Her name is actually spelled Jennifer, but when she left the south, it felt like people were pronouncing her name wrong.  Thus the spelling change.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, simplyme said:

Yeah. I was disappointed that they didn't show that.

16 hours ago, simplyme said:

Reveal hidden contents

Trying not to spoil here since it wasn't shown but was on the feeds and discussed in that thread, so I'll be very general. I thought that leaving that out, especially after Julie said it would be shown, was bs. It may have given the impression that what was shown was what she was referring to. Not the same at all.

11 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I think Julie meant the Paulie/Nat fight, the decision that the house made to blowup Paulie's game, and James telling Paulie that Z is going home. Then Paulie had a tantrum, went to the DR to cry, and that's why his eyes were red and watery when he was on the couch.

I think we show watchers have the same impression as Blissfool, but @simplyme implies there's more to that opening tableau than what we saw.  

I can't face sifting through 297 pages of LiveFeed talk for the nugget, but I'd love to know any juicy details we missed, if someone wouldn't mind sharing.  I think it's okay to post tidbits under cover of "Hidden Contents."

• Love 1
15 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm sure Paulie worships the ground his mother walks on as she waits on him hand and foot. And I imagine that's exactly how Mama Calafiore likes it.  Someone tought Paulie that women are either madonnas or whores.  He probably thinks his mother had sex three times - to have three children - and his sister is chaste.  Any attraction he feels for women is because they are whores, which is why he is fixated on Natalie's butt and implants.  He takes no responsibility for his sexually inappropriate thoughts or remarks.   He's just wondering through life doing good works while Jersey girl whores attempt to corrupt him.  It's very old school and I'm a little surprised there are guys in their twenties who still think this way.  While Paulie and Cody are out partying and having one night stands, their sister probably has strict curfews and requires a chaperone. After all, as Paulie said, his sister was "raised right" - which usually means the opposit

This is such a good summary of Paulie, I'm in awe. I'm sure he really does think that any inappropriate way he treats women, or speaks about them, is all THEIR fault. For being crazy whores. If they're from Jersey, even worse. I hope there's a blockade preventing him from entering the state when he comes home. 

1 hour ago, candall said:

I think we show watchers have the same impression as Blissfool, but @simplyme implies there's more to that opening tableau than what we saw.  

I can't face sifting through 297 pages of LiveFeed talk for the nugget, but I'd love to know any juicy details we missed, if someone wouldn't mind sharing.  I think it's okay to post tidbits under cover of "Hidden Contents."

I would appreciate it as well. I don't watch feeds, or read the threads, because I just simply don't have the time. Plus, I don't want to be spoiled about upcoming comps and events. But I always want to know more about what ALREADY went on. Maybe we need a thread where we can ask questions of feed watchers, without having to be spoiled on everything?

• Love 2

True Confession-Housemate flip-I HATED Paul for weeks but now? Yeah I really LIKE HIM!!! I know, I know. He's funny, people seem to like him, he doesn't treat women like shit (cough ,Paulie,cough) His dance in the kitchen and his sitting there eating Cheetos was SOOOOO funny. Carry on Paul-I hope you win.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I would appreciate it as well. I don't watch feeds, or read the threads, because I just simply don't have the time. Plus, I don't want to be spoiled about upcoming comps and events. But I always want to know more about what ALREADY went on. Maybe we need a thread where we can ask questions of feed watchers, without having to be spoiled on everything?

There is one. Episode v. Feeds: To Tell the Truth. We're not supposed to be live feed talk in the episode threads so I imagine this would be the best place to ask. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, candall said:

I don't watch the feeds but I read the feeds thread.  Something significant that was left out of the episode is: 

Spoiler

About a half hour before going on air, Paulie was trying to break into a room to get to James and Paul stated he thought he would have to restrain him.  I was never quite sure what he planned to do with James - maybe just attempt to convince him to change his mind about what votes to cancel and who to vote to evict.  I would like to think if Paulie was threatening violence the show would have stepped in.  

• Love 2