Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I don't think the cat was in dire danger, but an "adult man" should know better than to aim his oncoming "sled" at an animal under any circumstances, especially with younger children looking on. To post it on social media is beyond reason.

I totally agree that the main issue is that this is a reflection of Derrick's character. This was not the conduct of a mature adult man who is going to become a father within the next couple of weeks. That was immature teenager behavior (my apologies to teens for the insult!) and the fact that there has been no remorse speaks even louder to what type of people they are. I think there was some speculation of him facing repercussions from Walmart for this, but I don't think that would do anything as far as teaching him/them a lesson. The Duggars would just interpret it as the evil left wing media (because...uh...abortion...) infringing on their holy right to free speech. I doubt they ever believe that they're in the wrong about anything.

• Love 5

Since when does the Duggar family apologize about anything? Look at their history...they simply ignore negative comments about themselves, make no statements about them ; they just continue on...the only "address" Jim Bob made publicly, anyway, was during the older daughters' interview somewhere a while go after then Gothard scandal broke; the the interviewere asked the girls a direct question about that...they were all legal adults, BTW, and it was Jim Bob whom immediately stepped out of the background and answered for them...that they "follow no man but Jesus"....so not true, but he said it anyway...that's that only time I believe they were pressured live, and they will make sure it never happens again. If they don't believe something, they simply wipe it out of their minds and lives....so it doesn't exist.

• Love 6

Is the term, cat like reflexes familiar to anyone?

The outrage is not that they did/did not hurt the cat or that the cat would run away

WHY do you want to even scare the cat in the first place? Its immature, bullying behavior. Scaring people and animals is their entertainment. They are sick

And they thought in their demented minds that the general public would think that it is funny...they deliberatly posted it to IG...

• Love 7

Having watched the video it does seem to me that both Derek and Ben were deliberately aiming for the cat, there was plenty of room at the top of the slope, they could easily have moved along a bit and not put it at risk.

• Love 6
(edited)

It's all about the intent, but some leghumpers in total denial still aren't convinced.

A friend of mine caught a blown-up still of the moment Derick and the cat came together. You can't see part of the cat. Derick definitely hit it; it was more of a glancing blow, but contact was definitely made. She's spreading the pic to media outlets that posted articles as I type. I don't want to host pictures, otherwise I'd post it here. She circled the place where the contact is made so there is no dispute on the issue. 

eta: PETA's Christian outreach department has called for Derick to make an apology. 

"Might doesn't make right, but that's the message Derick Dillard sent to scores of impressionable young children," said Sarah Withrow King, Director of Christian Outreach and Engagement. "PETA is asking him to apologize publicly for his actions and remind his followers that Jesus' command to 'do unto others' includes all of God's creatures."

http://www.eonline.com/news/631843/jill-duggar-and-sweet-hubby-derick-dilllard-have-date-night-amid-cat-cruelty-controversy

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

It's all about the intent, but some leghumpers in total denial still aren't convinced.

A friend of mine caught a blown-up still of the moment Derick and the cat came together. You can't see part of the cat. Derick definitely hit it; it was more of a glancing blow, but contact was definitely made. She's spreading the pic to media outlets that posted articles as I type. I don't want to host pictures, otherwise I'd post it here. She circled the place where the contact is made so there is no dispute on the issue.

eta: PETA's Christian outreach department has called for Derick to make an apology.

http://www.eonline.com/news/631843/jill-duggar-and-sweet-hubby-derick-dilllard-have-date-night-amid-cat-cruelty-controversy

I know PETA is controversial, but what they're saying and asking here sounds good. Thank you for posting it!

• Love 1

My guess is that there will be no statement made by derickdillard or any of the Duggars regarding the cat incident...that's how they handle things, just ignore it until it goes away, or Jilly Muffin is induced into labor soon to deflect the attention away from that and focus on how precious and wonderful the baby is, etc...silence and distraction is Jim Bob's strategy...he's no dope.

Jim Bob is a hustler, always was, always will be...

• Love 12

*** I haven't seen the video (thanks to a computer in desperate need of updates)  I'll watch the video when I get home. ***

But, I'm playing devil's advocate here for a moment (don't get me wrong, if Derrick and/or Bin actually aimed at the cat, they are complete idiots) but I do have to point out that it is extremely difficult to control a toboggan (or sled/crazy carpet/GT racer/tube/cookie sheet) once you get going.  Several Canadian cities have actually banned tobogganing because of the injuries/accidents people suffer.

I've seen plenty of adults/kids getting wiped out by out of control toboggans.  And these are people who are familiar with tobogganing, as many parts of Canada has snow 6 months of the year (or more).   People suffer broken limbs or worse. In my city, an Australian fellow new to Canada hit a tree and died recently. (any hoo,  the point is: controlling a toboggan isn't as easy as most people think)

If Bin purposely pushed Derrick towards the poor cat, would Derrick have been able to control the sled (cookie sheet... seriously?).  I'm guessing it wasn't a huge hill, so he could've rolled off the sheet and hung on to it so it wouldn't continue towards the cat...  Hmm.. the more I think about it, you're all probably right. Stupid move by Derrick and Bin.

*** I haven't seen the video (thanks to a computer in desperate need of updates)  I'll watch the video when I get home. ***

But, I'm playing devil's advocate here for a moment (don't get me wrong, if Derrick and/or Bin actually aimed at the cat, they are complete idiots) but I do have to point out that it is extremely difficult to control a toboggan (or sled/crazy carpet/GT racer/tube/cookie sheet) once you get going.  Several Canadian cities have actually banned tobogganing because of the injuries/accidents people suffer.

I've seen plenty of adults/kids getting wiped out by out of control toboggans.  And these are people who are familiar with tobogganing, as many parts of Canada has snow 6 months of the year (or more).   People suffer broken limbs or worse. In my city, an Australian fellow new to Canada hit a tree and died recently. (any hoo,  the point is: controlling a toboggan isn't as easy as most people think)

If Bin purposely pushed Derrick towards the poor cat, would Derrick have been able to control the sled (cookie sheet... seriously?).  I'm guessing it wasn't a huge hill, so he could've rolled off the sheet and hung on to it so it wouldn't continue towards the cat...  Hmm.. the more I think about it, you're all probably right. Stupid move by Derrick and Bin.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt too before I saw the video. I'll be curious to get your take when you do see it, but to me it was crystal clear they aimed for the cat. The cat wasn't all that far away (thank goodness or it might've been hurt worse), so it's not like he was careening out of control at the time. There was plenty of time to shoo the cat out of the way before sledding that direction if they were absolutely set that no other direction would work.

I know what you mean about sleds (or whatever) getting out of control - seems like at least 1/4 of the wintertime videos on those "funniest video" shows are of accidental (key word, accidental!) sledding/tubing/etc. related crashes. This one didn't look accidental to me at all.

I may be extra sensitive to it because no, cats don't always move super quickly, especially if they don't know they need to. My childhood cat was killed when my Dad accidentally backed over her in the garage - so he wasn't going very fast. He didn't know she was there and she didn't get out of the way. I think the cat Derick hit could've easily ended up with broken legs if it didn't in fact move fast enough.

Anyway I'll let it go now... and won't hold my breath for an apology, but we can hope.

• Love 3
(edited)

Big Brain that you are, derickdillard, since when does a cat comprehend the English language and heeds a human's verbal "warning" to ..."move, cat"?

I use the phrase  "move Kitty" all the time with my cat- not sure how often she moves when she hears it! lol

But I say it louder than a whisper -and I assist her to move if she really does need to move! (as heater goes on or when my disabled client reaches to grab her...) 

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

That expectations ruins relationships is something Michelle has prattled in the past.  I believe it is a Gothardism.  It's true meaning may lie in if women don't expect much out of a relationship then they won't be disappointed.  Don't expect flowers from your husband on your birthday and your feelings won't be hurt when you don't get them.  

• Love 3

I hope the backlash from the cat video continues and I hope that it casts a pall on the arrival of their first 'blessing'.   Hey you, Derick dumbf**k, animals are creatures of God.  Didn't you know that? 

• Love 3

I use the phrase  "move Kitty" all the time with my cat- not sure how often she moves when she hears it! lol

But I say it louder than a whisper -and I assist her to move if she really does need to move! (as heater goes on or when my disabled client reaches to grab her...) 

lol... I have no idea why or when I started doing this but I use "excuse me" with my dog all the time, and he does in fact get out of the way. I think that critters understanding English probably only works between loving owners and pets who've been taught, though. No idea whose cat this was, but somehow I doubt it has much of a 'bond' with Derick.

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe they really mean assumptions

No, the quote is "Expectations ruin relationships." It's a Gothardism I've heard Jill, Anna, and Prissy Waller spew before hearing it from 9 year-old Johannah (she could have still be 8 when they filmed it) on last night's episode. I mention Jill, but I guess it's any of the four oldest girls; the phrase was in their book on "relationships." Something none of them knew about at the time they had it pretty much ghostwritten (they even thanked the ghostwriter!) for them. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
(edited)

Jill is still a horny 13-year-old girl!

http://www.inquisitr.com/1894421/jill-duggar-admits-that-she-used-to-be-really-boy-crazy/

So, so....she had expectations about the relationship? But expectations ruin relationships?

Erin bates had a list too. SMH none of the crap that Gothard brainwashed them with makes any sense.

Wow that article! Jill is an evil sinner for thinking about boys. She had to pray way what is a normal thing!? So completely funked up that they aren't allowed to kiss a lot of frogs before they find their prince.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 1

No, the quote is "Expectations ruin relationships." It's a Gothardism I've heard Jill, Anna, and Prissy Waller spew before hearing it from 9 year-old Johannah (she could have still be 8 when they filmed it) on last night's episode. I mention Jill, but I guess it's any of the four oldest girls; the phrase was in their book on "relationships." Something none of them knew about at the time they had it pretty much ghostwritten (they even thanked the ghostwriter!) for them.

Oh, yes. I was just being sarcastic.

I think it is strange that on one hand they say that God gave us these "sinful" desires but on the other hand, God doesn't want you to think about it at all.  I get that God puts temptation in the way (hence no full-frontal hugs just in case it gets you so excited that you strip down on the spot) but really?  Is God that mean that he would give you thoughts and say "Don't think about this"?  

Jill and Michelle have some weird logic going on there.  And "pray it away" is up there for the singular worst advice ever.  Michelle could have had an honest conversation about how this is normal, teenage behaviour and that she wasn't a "wicked, sinful person"for having hormonal thoughts.  For crying out loud, the kid stuck to every messed up rule about courting and she can't even think about the physical side of a relationship?

• Love 3
(edited)

I am thinking he learned a lesson in the backlash.

"If" he did learn a lesson & "if" he is sorry for his actions, he should issue an apology for what he did.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 8

I imagine Duggar PR is furiously working behind the scenes to figure out the best way to handle the Dillards. And that may well be to shut up and wait for Baby Dilly, hoping that will smooth things over and Catgate will be swept under the rug. To that end, the Official page just posted a new preggo pic a couple of hours ago. Apparently, according to their baby site, Baby Dilly is the size of a 6.5 lb. canteloupe. Isn't that a bit large for a canteloupe? Something is off there. 

But yeah. Between that and Ben's I'M ONLY HUMAN, BUT DON'T JUDGE ME post on IG earlier today, they are in total #damagecontrol mode.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yes, the average cantaloupe is a bit less than 2.5 pounds.

ETA: I went to read the post and there is another Duggar math fail.  It says the baby is gaining about half an ounce a day or half a pound a week.  Half an ounce a day is less than a quarter of a pound a week.  The proper figure at that stage of gestation is half a pound a week.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 2
(edited)

Maybe they mean size of a cantaloupe but heavier in weight. My pregnancy week by week website I use says at 34 weeks, the fetus/baby is size of a cantaloupe and 4.73lbs. Not the same still though.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 1

Exactly what got the Duggars a show may lead to their downfall. Their size and fundie life got them the show, but what are the chances any large family has 100% buy-in to this "ministry" or even the image of the "moral high ground" they have attempted to brand.

TLC and the extended Duggar family benefit from the social media influence and followers. I am sure their TLC show contract and those with smaller "sponsors" set out a required number of tweets etc, BUT a "morality clause" with TLC would be pretty standard for all the representations they make in public.

All that said, Derick would be last on my list of family members I expected to be sullying the family name with completely unacceptable behaviour AND then actually posting it online. I am inclined to agree with whoever suggested maybe Jill posted it. It wouldn't occur to her Derick would do something wrong.

Interesting conversations I'm sure between Jill/Derick, the family, and TLC. From TLCs perspective, if they are/were about to get a birth filming, that might make them hesitate, otherwise I think they'd be severely limiting Derick and Jill on the show. This is getting more play, but also building on the LGBT hatred and backlash to that. I am sure TLC know of other things that would threaten the brand. On other shows, TLC seem to let that come out itself in the last season for good ratings. Who wouldn't tune in for a "real" version of the Duggar reality.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sew Sumi, you're right, it doesn't even snow in AR every winter. This has been the snowiest there in decades. We have relatives who live there and they had never been snowed in more than two days and it went 10 days or more this year. They don't have snow plows in most towns because the snow almost never lasts more than a day. That two days of being snowed in had been remarkable for being unusual until this winter.

I've lived in nwa for 15 yrs & while you are correct that some years get only a light dusting is snow, many of the past years have had some significant snowfalls. A quick Google came up with (for the season): 17" in 2009-2010, 15" in 1998-1999, & 22" in 2002-2003.

This recent snowfall was only the 2nd one this year, & both were only a few inches of snow.

Mr Jumbo bought some cheap plastic sleds at the end of the season for about $5 each. My kids have used them nearly every year. There is no reason J'Boob could not have bought sleds besides cheapness.

Edited by Rhondinella
added post you were responding to
  • Love 2

lol... I have no idea why or when I started doing this but I use "excuse me" with my dog all the time, and he does in fact get out of the way. I think that critters understanding English probably only works between loving owners and pets who've been taught, though. No idea whose cat this was, but somehow I doubt it has much of a 'bond' with Derick.

Heh, both my dogs understand the phrase "Get out of the kitchen."

• Love 6

I cannot wish ill-will on anyone. I am thinking he learned a lesson in the backlash.

You are a generous and gracious person, Jellybeans -- more so than me. I think it speaks well of you. :)

I hope you're right, that Derick learns from this. But we'll likely never know bc I doubt he will ever publicly address it. I'm not above Derick or any of the others involved, I've made plenty of mistakes and had poor judgment. But the stickler for me is that he appeared to have ill-intent and for that I want to punish him (just being honest), although I don't want to see him fired or anything.

• Love 3

I am not sure if I think that the interview was just totally fake, or totally sad, or both.

Jill was interested in boys and sought her mother's counsel. The only advice her mother offered was "pray." Jill found this concept so novel and enlightening that she wanted to share it with the public? Have we ever heard of the Duggar parents offering any other "advice" to their children other than to "pray" on it?

Then there was the part about a quick wedding because of powerful "God given urges." This is a line that they use ALL THE TIME. Does Jill have any thoughts of her own? Is she even capable of forming a sentence that is anything other than an amalgam of Gothardisms?

It's almost like English isn't their first language, and they have learned a few phrases that they simply repeat over and over.

• Love 7

Is it me or does anyone else detect a bit of "back pedaling" in Jill's hormonal interview? She now says that their "relationship book" was only passing along advice they had received and that they actually had absolutely no experience with any relationship with a guy...so why did they originally present this book like it was a bible to follow in being godly and that they were filled with the correct wisdom in how to live out a young girl/woman's life in the relationship department?

Jill admits, however, even in her limited experience with derickdillard that it is a whole different ball game when you are actually IN a relationship...maybe those platitudes they spewed might not be so set in stone....She obviously fell in love with someone she had never met, which isn't keeping the 'heart vs head' and don't lose either with a guy....she was a lost girl from her original "HEY!' on Skype with the guy...like I said earlier here, both Jill and Anna needed a towel between their legs as they were walking down the aisle. Both were panting with "hunka, hunka, hunka burnin' love desires"...so painful to watch. I also think Michelle's advice was awful to her daughter...prayer is powerful, yes, but that's just not the answer to give your grown daughter. After all, she was already swinging from the chandeliers with Jim Bob at 17 years old, she doesn't understand what they are putting their grown kids through... Vesuvius the day before Pompeii....

• Love 6

Michelle gave horrible advice. I wish she went to her grandmother as well.

Now we know (and not surprised) why they had such a short engagement and got pregnant so quickly.

The sad thing is these guys and girls aren't really taught waiting. How to refocus their natural sexual desires. It's sad that they are shamed for something that's completely normal. And probably have nobody to talk to.

I wouldn't be surprised if the older girls all masturbate or at least Jill did. Don't want to be vulgar, but not surprising that at least one of them had this "issue".

• Love 3

I am in Colorado and not many people use sleds. Many kids use cardboard and pans. some use trash can tops with the handle removed. Not everyone wants a sled. I do not know why.

I think it is more fun to sled on cardboard myself.

• Love 1
(edited)

We always used sleds in the Pacific Northwest, but on our way home from gradeschool we used our lunch boxes -- and they never let us down, lol.

We saw plastic saucers on sale last night for $3.99 at our local mom & pop hardware store -- getting rid of 'em quickly before getting a foot of snow overnight. Everything's closed today, so a lot of folks will be playing in the snow; fingers crossed that no one will be aiming at unsuspecting kitties.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1

I was just looking on Jill & Derick's FB page. They posted more pictures from the visit to OSU. The tight shirt we were all snarking on Jill wearing was given to her by Derick's college roommates as a wedding gift so she definitely wasn't wearing a larger shirt or one of Derick's. It says Mrs. Pete on the back, which is kind of cute.

I didn't see the newest pregnancy picture though.

• Love 1

Also not wanting to be vulgar, but I hope Jill (and the other grown girls) did/do masturbate. It's a much healthier way to deal with natural urges than trying to pray them away, and can be a valuable tool in learning how you like to be touched.  And hey, God gave them the urges, and arms just the right length to deal with them....

• Love 12

This is why courtship fails. Trying to suppress natural hormones. Praying just going to take them away. Michelle a advice was terrible. Michelle and JB probably married young just like a ton of other christian couples to have sex. Just like Josh, Jessa, and Jill married for sex. Why not teach self control and realize that these feelings are normal. I bet Michelle shames her daughters into having the feelings. I can't imagine growing up in a cult like this having a crush or thinking about sex and then my whole family tells me to pray it away because it's sin. I wonder how Jill was on her wedding day. It's not a switch that can just turn on like that. I hope these kids do masturbate, but that's a sin in their cult. It's important for them to be in touch with their bodies.

• Love 2

Any apologies that come out now will literally be too little too late. I agree that they will ignore this and sweep it under the rug. They can try, anyway. The interwebs are forever!

I agree, plus I don't think that I would actually believe any apology they tried to come up with. In my opinion he's not sorry, and won't be. He might be sorry he posted it, sorry that it got so public, sorry that other people didn't think it was funny, maybe even sorry the Duggars didn't like it (if they didn't), but I can't think of anything he could say that would make me believe that he's sorry for scaring and/or hurting the cat. He showed a very bad flaw in his character there, in my opinion, and he may well be better off saying nothing.