Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

TLC releases stuff after the fact all the time. They probably filmed this for a future episode.

For example, they held onto those couple interviews with Danni Starr for over a month before releasing them. 

definitely . Part of the Good Bye Jill and Derick episode. 

I think he looks much better. He looked messy and dirty with his long hair.  

My son has long hair and my only rule is that it must be washed and neat or the long hair is o-u-t.  That's a good rule for anyone but I think guys can let things get sloppy. 

5 hours ago, Mya said:

I see on the TLC website under pictures Jill gives Derrick a long over due haircut.  

If only it were the other way around and Derrick was giving Jill a long overdue haircut. That would actually be mildly interesting.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Showing my ignorance here... Dani Starr?

Danni Starr is the woman who conducts those "candid" interviews of the family for TLC. 

And here's the evolution of D-Wreck's haircut. I was able to swipe through several pics on this page. Ah, swipe on the phone, click through on the laptop. That high pony, tho! 

Edited by Sew Sumi

Thank you @Sew Sumi, I obviously do not watch the show. And may I say it's creepy to have anyone's picture in your bathroom. It's beyond creepy, bordering on pathological to have your parents'/in laws' picture in your bathroom. WTF?! Is there no privacy to bathe, urinate and defecate in this cult?

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, kalamac said:

If only it were the other way around and Derrick was giving Jill a long overdue haircut. That would actually be mildly interesting.

I would be happy with just 5 inches lopped off her hair.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Do I have to join instagram  to sip and see all the pictures ? 

No, there's actually a fairly-well hidden right arrow on the picture I linked that you can click to see all of the pics. Slide your cursor along the right side adjacent to Derick's high pony and the hand icon will appear for you to click. 

14 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

I read the guidelines handbook. Fascinating.

Those rules were obviously waived for the Duggars and most likely the Dillards as well...

"What 2 Know B4 U Go" What is this, a text? 

And Jessica Seewald's blog post revealed that she "trash[ed]" her trip. The big tip off was comparing Danger America to the good ole USA, not to mention COMPLAIN. All she did in that post was bitch and show her Ugly American Exceptionalism. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

And also, can I point out how this man finally getting a haircut is filming-worthy news? Something most of us do in our everyday lives every few weeks without fanfare?  Derick getting a haircut is like, totally as exciting as jing teaching us about putting on loose brown thrift store clothing, or Jessa showing us how to use a curling iron!  So grateful we have these Dullards to guide us!

• Love 6

Damn, I got a haircut today! I even got some color! Maybe I should have had a sibling take progressive pictures of the process so I could post them all over the interwebz for my fans to slobber over. 

Or, like regular people, not. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'd rather have a Howler in tow, because you know he'll get distracted and wander off. Might actually get to have a conversation with your date. Jessa would narc in a split second if she thought she thought she could catch you doing something you shouldn't. 

I think Jessa and Jinger look out and cover for one another. And just a guess but I also think Jessa knows they kissed before the wedding.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I think Jessa and Jinger look out and cover for one another. And just a guess but I also think Jessa knows they kissed before the wedding.

I think Jinger would give Jessa a kidney, and Jessa would take that kidney whether she needed it or not AKA I agree Jinger looks out for Jessa, but not sure if Jessa looks out for anyone but herself. We know she'd rat Jana in a split second. Probably set her up and then rat her out. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

what the hell is with the black eyeliner all duggar girls insist on??  It is terrible.

I don't get it either, especially since they don't wear any other makeup. Harsh black liner on bare skin looks horrible. They need to give it a rest. 

• Love 2

Too much too soon and not enough brain power nor emotional maturity to weather the shit storm that has been the past three years? 

Or maybe Jesus is using them as a cautionary tale about the dangers of acting holier than thou, trying to convert people who have a defined, deep faith, and holding themselves as marriage experts when they don't know jack.

One thing I've learned is that God is hella funny, she has a great sense of humor.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, louannems said:

https://www.tumblr.com/search/cathy dillard#

Of course this photo is ancient, but I stumbled upon it on Tumblr and thought it funny!

Click on the wedding group photo, with Cathy in her wheelchair. The words are the funny part.

It took five seconds to figure out what post you were referring to (I didn't read further in your post to be told, I just clicked the link). Hilarious! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

That dress. Maybe if Michelle wasn't so focused on hiding her clavicle she would have noticed how unflattering this dress is in the chest area. I don't know why designers continue to use the crisscross pattern on tops and dresses because it always tends to make breasts look uneven. But when the fabric is an unforgiving shiny silver its even worse. Someone should have gently pointed out that one boob looks like it is coming from her waist and the other from her armpit.

• Love 5

*Ah-hem* Not to be all "It's all about me" but since I did say that the likely reason that Derick decided to grow his hair out is because he didn't want to tell Jill that he hates how she cuts hair, I'm going to take credit for this. They couldn't let anyone on the internet believe that Derrick didn't think that Jill was the best at everything so Jill's been secretly taking hair-cutting classes (the real reason they've delayed returning to DA!) so she could finally give Derick a decent cut. I mean, he went from Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber (so appropriate) to something that wouldn't make people recoil. No way Jill learned to do that without major instruction. 

YOU'RE WELCOME!

• Love 3

I still can't get the page to show me anything but the first picture. If I click the arrow, it changes color as though it's going to respond, but then does nothing, no little "I'm working on it" circles or anything. If I click on the couple of individual "next" pictures up on the right it doesn't respond at all, and it doesn't respond if I click on "show all pictures" either. If I go to other pictures, like the ones of "introducing Henry Wilberforce", it will take me to the first f those photos, but after that, no response either.

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I still can't get the page to show me anything but the first picture. If I click the arrow, it changes color as though it's going to respond, but then does nothing, no little "I'm working on it" circles or anything. If I click on the couple of individual "next" pictures up on the right it doesn't respond at all, and it doesn't respond if I click on "show all pictures" either. If I go to other pictures, like the ones of "introducing Henry Wilberforce", it will take me to the first f those photos, but after that, no response either.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/counting-on/photos/jill-gives-derick-a-haircut/

has this been discussed before??

It had been bugging me recently that I knew someone that looked like Jill, but I could not figure out who it was I knew. It really irked me that I could not think of who it was that I ever knew. But it wasn't anyone I knew, just that I had been seeing them on a tv show... then I saw the show again the other day... Sue Ann from The Facts of Life... I about died, I was like NO WAY!!! Sorry if this is a rehash conversation, my mind only made the connection now and had me freaked out.

sue ann.jpg

jill.jpg

• Love 23
12 hours ago, awaken said:

And also, can I point out how this man finally getting a haircut is filming-worthy news? Something most of us do in our everyday lives every few weeks without fanfare?  Derick getting a haircut is like, totally as exciting as jing teaching us about putting on loose brown thrift store clothing, or Jessa showing us how to use a curling iron!  So grateful we have these Dullards to guide us!

Well....the Duggarlings have spent almost their whole lives being taught that the family job and the family mission consist solely of getting their daily lives on film and sending it out for the world to pay for, watch, and emulate. I'm sure they truly think that this crap is their work -- both for making a living and doing God's will. And why wouldn't they? This is what their family has done now for years and years. And when they post this crap on social media, they get literally tens of thousands of "likes." Within a few hours.

You or I could make an Oscar-worthy film, write its Pulitzer-worthy novelization and cap it off with a MacArthur Genius Grant-worthy summary of how to solve all the world's problems in two-months' time, and put them all on social media. And after a couple weeks, we might have gotten 10 or 12 likes from our family and friends. 

They've been trained to do what they do, and they continue to be rewarded for it. And I'm sure they know that the rewards they get in fandom are significant. Unfortunately, what would be surprising is if they didn't put their hair-care routines online, I think. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, DawgMom said:

has this been discussed before??

It had been bugging me recently that I knew someone that looked like Jill, but I could not figure out who it was I knew. It really irked me that I could not think of who it was that I ever knew. But it wasn't anyone I knew, just that I had been seeing them on a tv show... then I saw the show again the other day... Sue Ann from The Facts of Life... I about died, I was like NO WAY!!! Sorry if this is a rehash conversation, my mind only made the connection now and had me freaked out.

sue ann.jpg

jill.jpg

I've always pictured her as Sue Heck, both in looks and personality: https://www.google.com/search?q=sue+heck&client=ubuntu&hs=ZV1&tbm=isch&imgil=FuukRZRRQlNlrM%3A%3BFLBI2AZH7c-24M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.buzzfeed.com%252Fharrymcfryer%252F17-reasons-sue-heck-is-the-best-part-of-the-middl-1ls2y&source=iu&pf=m&fir=FuukRZRRQlNlrM%3A%2CFLBI2AZH7c-24M%2C_&usg=__MLzDH9uF9vysT5aCNdYGi5lo824%3D&biw=1366&bih=628&ved=0ahUKEwj039mOyavSAhULxoMKHcRNAY0QyjcIhwE&ei=0KOxWPS3B4uMjwTEm4XoCA#imgrc=_

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Nope...still does the same thing..

Have you tried a different browser? Or maybe you need flash enabled for that site? (Not an expert by an means, but those are things that usually work for me when I'm having similar issues.

13 minutes ago, DawgMom said:

It had been bugging me recently that I knew someone that looked like Jill, but I could not figure out who it was I knew. It really irked me that I could not think of who it was that I ever knew. But it wasn't anyone I knew, just that I had been seeing them on a tv show... then I saw the show again the other day... Sue Ann from The Facts of Life... 

sue ann.jpg

jill.jpg

And IIRC, Sue Ann was a naive, ignorant, judgey little priss pants, too!

• Love 5
14 hours ago, awaken said:

I would add dating, marriage, and babies to that list. Yawn.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Is that a picture of JimBoob in the background?!!! Who has pictures of their parents on display in the crapper?

There's probably a hidden surveillance camera in that picture.  (Remember what Josh was caught doing alone in the bathroom as a teenager?)

• Love 3

My parents' picture is on display in my living room.  No pictures are in my bathroom, unless you count the ones in the magazines and catalogs I keep in there for reading material.   Maybe that picture is there to induce vomiting, like Ipecac.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

Jill is as frumpy as her mother.

That is exactly the right word for her -- frumpy. 

She just seems to go out of her way to look unattractive. I realize Jesus and whatever and she's not supposed to care about outer appearances, but isn't she supposed to look attractive for her headship?

Her hair is ratty and unkept, her clothes are always stretched out and ill-fitting and mis-matched, and she always looks unclean. She has nothing to do all day, couldn't she take a shower, run a brush through her hair, and hit the thrift stores with her sisters to find some decent clothes that actually fit her?

• Love 2