Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Think scheduled filming opportunity for this entire "family wellness visit" farce. 

It might be Duggarspeak for "the doc isn't going to see any of us naked".

You know...accountability...

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 6

I'm unreasonably annoyed by her use of "sistas" (puke), and their Starbucks cups. As well as that little reminder to us all that we need to be on baby watch!  I sincerely doubt they've only had one or two conversations about names and have no idea yet. 

Notice the article mentions "her doctors".  

• Love 3

She followed me on twitter. This is going to be interesting because if any of you follow my tweets they are rage filled political screeds and stuff about queer and POC focused episodic T

You went up against her Mother in Law so she has to keep an eye on you.

I wonder if we're going to see any follow-up to Jill's possible health issue with her carotid artery.

I never knew about that.  I wonder if there is an ICD10 code for "Tater Tot Lodged in Carotid Artery."

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Jessa, Sierra and Jill have Venti-sized fancy drinks, CinderJana a Short cup.  The favoritism never ends. And she probably had to pay.

Ventis are for winners. Talls are for the Old Maids to remind them of their place in the Fundie hierarchy.

• Love 6

Tatertotectomy, STAT.

I wonder if TLC even cares that the so-called doctor Iz and his family went to actually has his license? Does he have it back? If so Arkansas will really become the mecca for drug abusing medical providers. Or I wonder if he just had to complete a program and hand in his DEA license.

Edited by Chicklet
46 minutes ago, poopchute said:

So the Dugggars do get ultrasounds but isn't that it for prenatal care? Do they only get them to find out the sex?

We know for sure the kids go to the dentist. Prenatal care, we're not sure.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, poopchute said:

So the Dugggars do get ultrasounds but isn't that it for prenatal care? Do they only get them to find out the sex?

Its just a vanity picture and not medical care when you get them done at the mall. I didn't even know you could get an ultrasound picture other than a doctors office until I read about the Duggars doing it. They probably do it for finding out the sex and to post information for social media and story lines for TLC.

• Love 1
On 1/28/2017 at 3:05 PM, ariel said:

I think if you put yourself on reality TV & take the paychecks then you lose a lot of what would be your privacy.  Derick can't have it both ways.  If you want privacy, give up the money & get out off of reality TV.  Maybe work a 9-5 job like the rest of us.

But this is their MINISTRY! That's right. They're ministering to the lost by filming someone giving birth on a toilet, doing nothing during the day but growing hair and posting on social media, and exhibiting "courtship rules" that went out during the British Regency.

One has to believe that poor, poor Triple D has spent many hours of prayer for the h8ers who could never possibly hope to understand his search for greater meaning (and money he doesn't actually have to perform work to receive). There is no amount of money on the planet that could adequately renumerate me for barfing on camera, for example.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I have to say that the bar is very low for Jill. The hair looks much better than usual, but still looks kind of sloppy to me. Was the mustard sweater cut up and turned into the mustard scarf? And, that long stretched out striped skirt has needed to go for a looong time. So, yeah, kudos for trying at all, I guess.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

To recap: Jill styles her hair and dresses what she considers to be cute when out without her headship. But at home with her headship she puts in minimal effort for him and for the Internet. Got it. 

That's how I roll, but I didn't think that's how they rolled.

I always wondered if the change in Jill's appearance post marriage was because her sisters styled her before she married. That picture confirms it...if out with her sisters, they insist she style her hair and wear something not awful. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

To recap: Jill styles her hair and dresses what she considers to be cute when out without her headship. But at home with her headship she puts in minimal effort for him and for the Internet. Got it. 

That's how I roll, but I didn't think that's how they rolled.

Too funny.  I have to be honest and admit that at home I often look like I rolled out of bed. I'm not working now and neither is headship due to oil prices, so I just kick back in clothes I wouldn't be seen dead in most of the time. I'm not June Cleaver, cleaning house in my high heels and pearls. If headship and I go on a date, I will "make the effort".  Going to lunch with some friends tomorrow, so I'll make the effort to be dressed appropriately, hair combed and tidy, and light makeup.

• Love 5

ANY makeup for me anymore is mascara like twice a year. I do have tinted SPF for my face, but to be honest, I almost never use it. I am on sabittacal this semester due to the MIL problems, but my wardrobe doesn't change. I know I have a wedding in June. I dread it. My legs are ghostly white, and I haven't had been forced to put on a dress in probably 5 years. Unforced? Yes, due to heat (no insulation here!), several times but still under 10 in 5. 

• Love 3

Sew, you pants-wearing hussy!

But if you knew you were going to have your mug posted on either yours or someone else's SM or the occasion called for it, or for the sake of your own pride, you would make more effort than Muffy.

Some people are just not into looking like a cover girl. Duchess Camilla was described many years ago by the tabloids as being "unrepentantly and unapologetically unfashionable".  She always looked like she'd been out horseback riding on the moors or gardening. But, and mostly to make herself "more respectable" and acceptable to the public, she's actually cleaned up her looks a lot.  And, Camilla actually does a lot for charity..even the royals make themselves useful, Jill and Dreck.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

exhibiting "courtship rules" that went out during the British Regency

Any courtship in a Jane Austen novel is far more interesting than a Duggar courtship.

11 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Tatertotectomy,

Now I want to keep repeating this over and over like a diction exercise.  Except after 2 or 3 times I start saying 'tatertoterectomy'

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

But this is their MINISTRY! That's right. They're ministering to the lost by filming someone giving birth on a toilet, doing nothing during the day but growing hair and posting on social media, and exhibiting "courtship rules" that went out during the British Regency.

Doing nothing doing the day but growing hair and posting on social media!

OMG, love it!!!

Yes, they are every bit the Fundy version of the Kardashians! But even the K sisters work since they own boutiques and model, and almost every Fundy I ever knew has a strong work ethic Should we call the Duggars the Fundashians? 

Courtship rules that went out during the British Regency! Damn, even Victoria and Albert kissed before they wed!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Jane Austen has teasing and banter and fun. Here's how I picture a hot courtship night in Gothard-land

Boy and Girl Gothardite site on opposite sides of the living room while Mom and Dad sit very close to gather on the couch.

Boy (nearly screaming to be heard over the 13 kids running around): My favourite Bible verse is Matthew 1:17

Girl: What a precious choice! Mine is Jeremiah 9:2.

Boy: Neat! (long pause) Don't you just love the Lord?

Girl: I do, I do love the Lord. Don't you just hate popular music? And dancing!

Boy: Oh yes... stirring up desires... (crosses legs and stairs at the floor). 

Mom: Oh, Daddy, Isn't it such a blessing that the Lord has sent our baby such a wise, Godly young man with a ministry mindset? What a blessing!

I think you missed the "put pillow over crotch to hide awkward boner because there is a girl in the room who's not your sister " stage 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Jane Austen has teasing and banter and fun. Here's how I picture a hot courtship night in Gothard-land

Boy and Girl Gothardite site on opposite sides of the living room while Mom and Dad sit very close to gather on the couch.

Boy (nearly screaming to be heard over the 13 kids running around): My favourite Bible verse is Matthew 1:17

Girl: What a precious choice! Mine is Jeremiah 9:2.

Boy: Neat! (long pause) Don't you just love the Lord?

Girl: I do, I do love the Lord. Don't you just hate popular music? And dancing!

Boy: Oh yes... stirring up desires... (crosses legs and stairs at the floor). 

Mom: Oh, Daddy, Isn't it such a blessing that the Lord has sent our baby such a wise, Godly young man with a ministry mindset? What a blessing!

Oh and add Mom saying:  So special and neat for them to get to have this special, neat, sweet season of life!

• Love 5

The Dullards probably stuck to the stupid courtship rules.  Joy is in a business transaction and fulfilling the contract obligations. I like to think Jessa and Jinger snuck in some facetime and secret meetings. Jinger probably covered for Jessa and Jessa returned the favour. The Dullards wouldn't even think of that, and who is going to be a confidant for snitch Jill?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

The Dullards probably stuck to the stupid courtship rules.  Joy is in a business transaction and fulfilling the contract obligations. I like to think Jessa and Jinger snuck in some facetime and secret meetings. Jinger probably covered for Jessa and Jessa returned the favour. The Dullards wouldn't even think of that, and who is going to be a confidant for snitch Jill?

Exactly! I still can't get over Michelle squealing like a dolphin and "losing her shit" over Jill frontal hugging Derick when he returned from Nepal. Did she really think they were going to have sex right there and then in the airport?  I get she was so happy to see him that she forgot the rules, but there really were too many people about for things to have gotten out of hand.  

• Love 3
On 2/3/2017 at 9:30 AM, WhineandCheez said:

You went up against her Mother in Law so she has to keep an eye on you.

I never knew about that.  I wonder if there is an ICD10 code for "Tater Tot Lodged in Carotid Artery."

"Mother ... has ... tater tot ... lodged ... in ... artery."

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Exactly! I still can't get over Michelle squealing like a dolphin and "losing her shit" over Jill frontal hugging Derick when he returned from Nepal. Did she really think they were going to have sex right there and then in the airport?  I get she was so happy to see him that she forgot the rules, but there really were too many people about for things to have gotten out of hand.  

If that was my daughter, I'd be more concerned that she was so "in love" with a boy she'd met only once!

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, louannems said:

If that was my daughter, I'd be more concerned that she was so "in love" with a boy she'd met only once!

Even worse for them, her dreamy quote was, "I think I'm in love with a guy I've never met!" 

Jill, honey, you're not unique. You just had a TV show to replay it all for your adoring leghumpers. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Even worse for them, her dreamy quote was, "I think I'm in love with a guy I've never met!" 

Jill, honey, you're not unique. You just had a TV show to replay it all for your adoring leghumpers. 

So much for protecting those pieces of their heart they speak of.

• Love 2

Saw this on the Duggar Family Blog

In the interview, Jill shared that the family of three (soon to be four) will return to the mission field in the near future. "We are planning to go back very soon," Jill told PEOPLE. "Then we will come back for the birth of the baby."

20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Saw this on the Duggar Family Blog

In the interview, Jill shared that the family of three (soon to be four) will return to the mission field in the near future. "We are planning to go back very soon," Jill told PEOPLE. "Then we will come back for the birth of the baby."

ZIKA

18 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

One of my co-workers has the raggedy mustard sweater.  I think about the duggars and you guys every time she wears it. Sigh

I cringe whenever I see a Mustard Cardigan, even though I have a jacket and Kors bag that is mustard...go figure.

At this point in her pregnancy, Zika isn't at a concern for the fetus...Jill would have had to have been exposed much earlier to cause microcephaly. Jill and Derick going back to Danger America for a couple of months only to return to give birth, though? Fuck that noise. Let them prove how dedicated they are as missionaries by staying and taking their chances. 

• Love 4

In the interview, Jill shared that the family of three (soon to be four) will return to the mission field in the near future. "We are planning to go back very soon," Jill told PEOPLE. "Then we will come back for the birth of the baby."

Apparently the 10,000,000 watt bulb behind the !DONATE! button is starting to dim.....

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I thought this baby being born that's being referred to by Jill a couple of posts ago was Jessa's

Jessa is already overdue.  Jill might not even make it to the airport before Jessa spawns.  Although if Jill was honest with herself she would see that not being there to give bad advice is a better option.

On second thought, maybe Jill and Derick aren't ready to admit outright that Jill sucks, and their plan is to get out of town so they can't be blamed if anything goes wrong.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1