Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Back to Jill, it is possible that Jill actually is waiting to heal up and following some common sense.  She had a traumatic delivery and maybe Silly Jilly actually LEARNED something?  Or maybe Derick got the shit scared out of him? Maybe Jill found out that her idea of shunning medical intervention and doing it her way with all that God stuff...uh, yeah, she had a C-section.  I bet that stunned Jill who truly, truly believed that her birth would be perfect and natural if she prayed hard. 

I think that Triple D had the shit scared out of him. I also think that everything is not wonderful with them; she wanted to go home, he wants to missioncation for the rest of his life, and there's not a lot of "hey hey hey" happening at their house these days. The wild card: She may be frantic to get pregnant now that she's been upstaged by BOTH Jinger and Jessa Blessa.

Wait until Anna announces her Blessed Event, AKA the Band-Aid baby.

I think that JM still thinks she's smarter than everyone else on babies and delivery.

• Love 6

Regarding the 12 months after a c-section that she brought up, I think it's possible that she heard that notion in her midwife training. Remember, she was training under fellow fundies, and they're not the best at retaining actual FACTS. Instead, they love to twist those facts into something that works for them, and I think that's exactly what Jill did. She wanted a second baby long before this. Even if she gets pregnant today, her kids will be over two years apart. 

I agree. Those two probably do love eachother but as every married/partnered person on this forum knows, it's really HARD to have a solid relationship and those two are really immature.  Derick wanting to be a hippie missioncationer for the rest of his life is not thrilling Jill right now.  This was all fun for a few months to have the attention on her and everyone admiring her out on the dangerous mission field. After 10 months of Derick and his ideas, Jill probably just wants to go HOME. 

On the surface, Jill smiles and obeys but deep down? Oh she is pissed and resentful of Delusional Derick.

Or, maybe the water has been off when she was ovulating making sex a little on the dirty side...so they skipped it! hahahaha  We are coming up with big theories.  Lack of water could be a mood killer!  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I agree. Those two probably do love eachother but as every married/partnered person on this forum knows, it's really HARD to have a solid relationship and those two are really immature.  Derick wanting to be a hippie missioncationer for the rest of his life is not thrilling Jill right now.  This was all fun for a few months to have the attention on her and everyone admiring her out on the dangerous mission field. After 10 months of Derick and his ideas, Jill probably just wants to go HOME. 

On the surface, Jill smiles and obeys but deep down? Oh she is pissed and resentful of Delusional Derick.

Or, maybe the water has been off when she was ovulating making sex a little on the dirty side...so they skipped it! hahahaha  We are coming up with big theories.  Lack of water could be a mood killer!  

I don't think either one of them is particularly fond of bathing and they had lots of travelers diarrhea.

Neither one of those scenarios makes for much hey, hey, hey going on.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Maya Angelou said, "If, someone shows you who they are, believe them".  Jill met Derick in Nepal and she should have gotten an idea of what he was about. But we all make mistakes when we're young.  I wonder if she's wishing he'd just stayed at Walmart.

• Love 5

Jilly Muffin will make the announcement on the church steps at Jinger's wedding. She'll wear white. It's the color of angels! Of course, J-Chelle will put on her wedding gown, too, just to make sure America knows it still fits.

Drunk Amy with a bullhorn past the security perimeter: "Meeeee tooooo" *falls off hay bail*

I wonder if she's wishing he'd just stayed at Walmart.

8 hours away from her control...in the real world...with non fundies? Nah.

• Love 4

I think something definitely happened to turn Jill off from Faux Missioncating. I don't necessarily believe it was anything so drastic as a mugging or burglary, but maybe they've run into locals who don't appreciate religion being forced on them and told them so in no uncertain terms. I can see the population being annoyed and resentful, especially when S.O.S. really doesn't provide any tangible improvement to their quality of life.

Then throw in the fact that the Dullards are living in a hot, humid climate with intermittent water outages and no A.C. That's not exactly a recipe for harmonious household.

• Love 5
On August 23, 2016 at 7:57 PM, Marigold said:

My obstetrician advised a minimum of 18 months before i got pregnant again. I have had 3 c sections and was cleared for a 4th due to minimal scarring. 

According to my c section friends, and googling, this is common practice. Those scars have to heal well before you grow a heavy baby and attempt a labor & delivery. 

Im sure Jilly DESPERATELY wants a VBAC so she can have a large family. Michelle is unusual that she had c sections and vaginals repeatedly and without complications...except Josie did arrive early. And Jubilee, of course. 

Jill might actually be letting her body heal. Probably not but a broken clock is right twice a day! 

As a c section mama, hope she is respecting her body and letting things heal for her sake and the sake of her future baby. 

I certainly don't know your situation, but I had a (planned) c section and was told nothing about spacing pregnancies. In fact, it was merely suggested to wait 6 weeks for intercourse and at my 6 week appointment was asked if I needed a perscription for BC. No mention of another pregnancy being dangerous to my body or another delivery. I can also speak for my girlfriends that I know that have had c sections and based on their family size and spacing, they were never given such advice either. And one was an emergency c section. 

After watching last season of CO, I believe Jilly isn't pregnant due to lack of ovulation. She was still nursing Izzy until he was one (or maybe still is?) and her body may not have gotten into a cycle since her pregnancy with him. 

Then she's a genetic outlier. Her mother and sister seem(ed) to have no problems getting knocked up while nursing. 

I will still put it out there that Derick's swimmers may be an issue. They were potent out of the gate, but now that they have their weekly missionary sex sessions, maybe his numbers have dropped to "average" levels. 

I also tend to believe that they will be back to Danger America to greet the December group of missioncationers, which always includes the Duggars. If Jill is knocked up in the interim, I would bet everything I own that she will come back to the States to deliver, even if it means that she's here for several weeks, especially given her shitty judgment the first go-round. I have no hopes for her ever seeing a real OBGYN, unless a delivery nearly kills her and wakes her ass up. 

http://www.parents.com/advice/pregnancy-birth/giving-birth/how-long-should-i-wait-before-trying-to-get-pregnant-again-after-a-c-section/

There is  a recommendation to wait post C-section for pregnancy and the general recommended limit is 3 C-sections but of course, there are exceptions to every rule. 

A VBAC will definitely need a good wait time.  Jill probably knows this and is keeping her legs crossed.  ;)

Sew, can a midwife deliver a VBAC at home? Jill might be forced into a hospital with an OB.  

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think something definitely happened to turn Jill off from Faux Missioncating. I don't necessarily believe it was anything so drastic as a mugging or burglary, but maybe they've run into locals who don't appreciate religion being forced on them and told them so in no uncertain terms. I can see the population being annoyed and resentful, especially when S.O.S. really doesn't provide any tangible improvement to their quality of life.

Then throw in the fact that the Dullards are living in a hot, humid climate with intermittent water outages and no A.C. That's not exactly a recipe for harmonious household.

I'm wondering if, at the end of the day, being a full time missionary (even just a SOS missionary) is not as fun or what she dreamed of when she wanted to be a missionary based on her previous week long vacation experiences. She didn't really have an accurate picture of what being a missionary was like and Lord knows there is no way she researched it.  I just think it didn't turn out to be what she thought it was.

I keep thinking about how immature their relationship must be due to her lack of life experience and how short of a time they were together.  My husband was the first boyfriend I had that lasted more than a month but I was over 21 years old when we met and then we dated for 5 years before getting married. I definitely was very reserved in the first year we were together in asserting myself and my wants or being completely honest about my feelings. But we were able to grow together without having the commitment of marriage or the stress of a baby putting pressure on our relationship.

The Derick and Jill relationship is basically like two 8th graders meeting, "going steady" and immediately getting pregnant.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think Muffy learned there is a big difference between visiting a country for 1 week to smile for the camera, paint nails and give out candy vs living there for months on end with limited water, power and other luxuries that most Americans take for granted.

My question is this: If Jill and Derrick "prayed on it" and God's answer was missions, isn't Jill disappointing/disobeying God by not performing the work joyfully? Not happily returning to mission field would not only go against the will of her headship Derrick but also God's plan for his spechul Jilly Muffin. 

ETA: posted at same time as above post - great minds think alike!

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Marigold said:

can a midwife deliver a VBAC at home? Jill might be forced into a hospital with an OB.  

In most states, legally, no.  Arkansas is one where she would need to be under the care of a fully licensed OB or possibly a certified Nurse Midwife, but she'd definitely have to deliver in a hospital for a VBAC or do a self-birth at home.  The lay midwives can't legally get near that one. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Then she's a genetic outlier. Her mother and sister seem(ed) to have no problems getting knocked up while nursing. 

Does the medical literature show that  women in the same family  are highly  likely to have similar nursing/ovulation patterns? I ask because I wasn't just inconsistent with  my sisters and mom; I was inconsistent with  myself.  I went nearly a year without a period nursing one child and started after 7 or 8 weeks with another, so I  always assumed there were other factors at play.

• Love 2

I think Jill isn't pregnant yet because she might still be nursing now. I nursed both kids each for a year, and my cycles came back at 3 months, the first time, 9 months the second. There wasn't anything different I did except I was almost 4 year older with my second child. Then again, not sure if Jill likes the idea of having a newborn and giving birth in South America. When is their mission down there supposed to be finished?

The way to get a VBAC is to show up at the hospital at 10 cm ready to push. I work at a small hospital that has a strict policy: No VBACs. Generally, hospitals will only allow VBACs if they are staffed with OBs onsite 24 hours a day. But, it happens all the time. A patient purposely shows up ready to deliver, and there's no time for the c section. The nurses absolutely freak out. It can be so dangerous. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Absolom said:

In most states, legally, no.  Arkansas is one where she would need to be under the care of a fully licensed OB or possibly a certified Nurse Midwife, but she'd definitely have to deliver in a hospital for a VBAC or do a self-birth at home.  The lay midwives can't legally get near that one. 

Bbbbbbutttt, Jill is speshul!!!   Because Jesus.  She can VBAC at home with no midwife - duh!!

• Love 5

I had an emergency C-section with my first, over 30 years ago.  I don't remember getting any advice about how long to wait before getting pregnant again, but that's not surprising because I later found out my doctor was well known for being a crappy doctor (he was forced into retirement a year or two after that when too many complaints made his group practice force him out and no one else would work with him).

My second came three years later, so I waited long enough for healing, and I was able to have a VBAC.  My last one came 10 years after the first, also a VBAC.

If Jill waits two years between pregnancies and uses a qualified OB, she might be able to have five or more VBACs safely.  And she'll actually know her kids, too.  She just has to grow a brain and follow standard medical advice.

• Love 3

Silly Jilly may not be pregnant for a number of reasons. There's enough to snark on them for without wishing these stupids to keep on breeding when they have no real prospects of employment or enough common sense to fill a thimble.

i was concerned about Jessa being preggers because she and Dustbin have been to CA. I'm hoping Jill waits to heal properly from her C section and avoids it for at least another 6 months until they're sure there's no  Zika hanging about.  The information on Zika keeps changing and we still aren't fully aware of everything this virus can do to people and how long they could be carriers of it. 

It's been mentioned before that Derick appears to exhibit symptoms of Marfan Syndrome, and I can agree that's possible. He does seem to fit the profile (gawky limbs, uncoordinated , flat footed, severe bite problems), and it is quite possible may be walking around undiagnosed since the condition is on a spectrum. Really, he should be checked out since sudden aortic dissections are possible and it's hereditary.  Pediatricians are more aware of it now than when Derick was growing up. The more obvious cases likely don't get missed.

Since his brother is preparing to marry as well, I really hope for their sakes and those of their children they don't have this.

• Love 4
On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Absolom said:

I'm not sure how far down the fundie rabbit hole Derick is.  He's definitely conservative, but that doesn't mean accepting quiverful. 

Marrying a Duggar means you accept Jim bob. So that means Quiver full and being someone's bitch 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Aja said:

If I recall correctly, Michelle had trouble finding an OBGYN crazy enough to even treat her.

I wouldn't be surprised. I can't imagine any obgyn encouraging more kids after having so many. Michelle is high risk. She had kids every year. Got pregnant months after giving birth. On tip if that josie had health problems. Why the hell would they get pregnant after her? I wonder what the doctor said after delivering josie. 

20 hours ago, Marigold said:

If I remember correctly, she was such a high risk that she couldn't find an OB willing to take that risk on their license.  She was advised to wait between C-sections and pregnancies.

I know Josie came early due to a mix of medical complications but the fact that she got pregnant like 3 months post C-section could not have helped the situation. Those C-section scars must've been weak and stretched thin.  

Back to Jill, it is possible that Jill actually is waiting to heal up and following some common sense.  She had a traumatic delivery and maybe Silly Jilly actually LEARNED something?  Or maybe Derick got the shit scared out of him? Maybe Jill found out that her idea of shunning medical intervention and doing it her way with all that God stuff...uh, yeah, she had a C-section.  I bet that stunned Jill who truly, truly believed that her birth would be perfect and natural if she prayed hard. 

I know we goof on whatever midwife training Jill claims to have (To this day, I still don't understand WTF her license really is) but it is possible that in her "studies" that they did address VBAC deliveries, what is advised and why. 

Maybe jilly grew up a bit and is taking her C-section recovery seriously? Letting her body heal so she can have another child safely without a potential medical complication. 

Stupid ass Michelle. I hope Jill listens to the doctor. 

5 hours ago, wait.what said:

The way to get a VBAC is to show up at the hospital at 10 cm ready to push. I work at a small hospital that has a strict policy: No VBACs. Generally, hospitals will only allow VBACs if they are staffed with OBs onsite 24 hours a day. But, it happens all the time. A patient purposely shows up ready to deliver, and there's no time for the c section. The nurses absolutely freak out. It can be so dangerous. 

Sounds about right for Jilly. Except, she'd go to 10cm, try to do a VBAC at home, wait another 10hrs, THEN show up at the hospital.

Jim Boob  would be right behind her trying to negotiate a discount because, after all, Jilly did all the hard work at home. Jana will be observing everything so she can be an expert and do the next VBAC at home and save the difference.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

i was concerned about Jessa being preggers because she and Dustbin have been to CA.

LOLOLZ *snort*

Do we know if J'Chelle is truly done having kids?  Has this been discussed?  I mean, how cute would it be for her, Jilly, Anna and Jessa to all be preggers at the same time?  Think of the ratings!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

LOLOLZ *snort*

Do we know if J'Chelle is truly done having kids?  Has this been discussed?  I mean, how cute would it be for her, Jilly, Anna and Jessa to all be preggers at the same time?  Think of the ratings!!

Not cute...tragic.

Of course to their ilk, such a thing would be (pick one or more of these modifiers)... neat/special/precious/sweet season of life..(gags on way to prayer closet).

• Love 2

That's an interesting point, Missy Vixen.  One would think that of those 19 kids, at least one or two would certainly understand that their way of life is not realistic, and that they've been sheltered to the point of being socially and emotionally stunted.  If this was the case, would any of the kids dare step out of JB's shadow and feel free to live their lives as they want?  Or is the fear that doing so would crush the carefully constructed facade that Boob and J'Chelle have created - the same facade that has provided the family with fame and cash?  In other words, if one kid steps away from the family, does it bring down the whole shady Duggar house of cards?  I'm trying to imagine desperately wanting to make my own life, but knowing that doing so would financially strap my enormous load of brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews.  That's a heavy, heavy burden to carry.  I wonder if that conversation has happened between Boob and one of his kids, minus the cameras.

That said, I would totally, 100% watch a show called "Jana and Joy: Moving On."

• Love 16

That's an interesting point, Missy Vixen.  One would think that of those 19 kids, at least one or two would certainly understand that their way of life is not realistic, and that they've been sheltered to the point of being socially and emotionally stunted.

Josh does. It's just a shame he's a morally bankrupt asshole. That may be the only kind of person this family is ultimately able to create.

Plus, I don't think anyone COULD leave. Jim bob would hunt them to the ends of the earth, and he has the money and personality to do it.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Josh does. It's just a shame he's a morally bankrupt asshole. That may be the only kind of person this family is ultimately able to create.

Plus, I don't think anyone COULD leave. Jim bob would hunt them to the ends of the earth, and he has the money and personality to do it.

I was going to bring up Josh as an example, but I wonder if Josh actually does understand that his family's "values" are not healthy?  Or does he think that as the first-born exalted son, he can do whatever the hell he wants if he pretends to just pray the evil away?

That said, I would NEVER EVER watch any show that featured Josh and his redemption tour.  

• Love 3

@Missy Vixen and @laurakaye... If I could like both your posts 1000 times I would.

I think that's why I even bother to watch or keep up with them...because I so badly want the Bigguns to escape and Boob and Chelle to denounce this Gothard crap so the Littluns have a chance at a normal life.

Seeing that dead-behind-the eyes look of Hannie and Jenny just breaks my heart to be able to tell they've already been broken at such a young age.

MV, I went through a similar experience at a private school affiliated with a Fundy church. Thankfully my parents saw the light and put us in public school.  Like you, I couldn't reconcile those teachings with the real world either and it was a long while before I even wanted to attend ANY church.  I grew up Episcopalian and went to church there after I left the school and it was refreshing  after hearing other churches bashed to hear the priest refer to "our friends the Catholics and the Jews also observe similar.."

Don't want to belabor the point since this is the Jillards board, but I really do hope the Duggars eventually go more mainstream for the sake of their kids. It would take a long time for them to unlearn these crazy ideas. They would also be faced with shunning from many of their ilk, but since they don't really believe in friends all that much, they would be electronically eviscerated for leaving Gothardville. Hopefully, they already know that other less crazy groups would willingly accept them.

I'm wondering if Jill isn't secretly starting to question some of this, but she's afraid of losing her position as her daddy's favorite child.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm wondering if Jill isn't secretly starting to question some of this, but she's afraid of losing her position as her daddy's favorite child.

Triple D really is the wild card here. He's made up his mind (by all appearances) that he's happy as a clam missioncationing and "preaching" bullet point sermons to those who don't speak the same language until the leghumpers' wallets run dry. He doesn't seem to care about the primitive conditions, Zika, or the fact they probably have to walk at least a block to get to a Wal-Mart. Jilly Muffin seems less entranced with the charm of being on permanent vacay these days, especially since it seems to have finally dawned on her that the Big White Baby needs a bit more security. (Perhaps she should start with babyproofing the dwelling they were living in first, but hell, what do I know?) The supply of free childcare has also dried up due to the fact that she is not the only sister wife to give birth. One has to wonder if a) the Dillards will spend 6 months a year in Danger America, 6 months a year in Arkansas for the near future, b) Jilly Muffin will tell him it's too dangerous to take the Big White Baby back to Danger America and she's staying at home with her parents, or c) they'll abandon their missioncationing dreams when JM is pregnant and told she must remain in the US for the duration and delivery due to her previous botched delivery. What would be his reaction if she told him she wasn't going back to Danger America?

KJB will side with Triple D. Bros before ho's, and Jilly Muffin may have to face the fact that her father's love is conditional for the first time in her life.

My opinion, but Triple D had no freaking idea how tough it would be to bring his sheltered, fearful and badly educated wife to the "mission field". There's no Starbucks there. She doesn't speak the language and has little motivation to learn it. Judging by the state of her house, she has little to do and she's likely driving him up the wall as well both in Danger America and at home.

• Love 10

"Ministry Summer Update" from the Dullards:  http://www.dillardfamily.com/2016/8/minstry-summer-update . Below is the text.

"After finishing our first term in Central America with a sprint, my family and I have made it back safe and sound to American soil after being gone 12 of the past 13 months.  For the month of July and into August, I have had the privilege of working with an amazing group of people in leading our summer mission team in many aspects of ministry through 3 different countries. 

Overall, the focus of our summer mission team is nothing new, but rather to practice the example given to us by the earliest Christian missionaries in the book of Acts.  Whatever we did was ultimately for the purpose of proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that people may be freed from the bondage of sin in order to enjoy life eternal with their Creator and Lord.  We faced many challenges, but sought comfort in knowing that it is by the power of the Holy Spirit that we go and work (Acts 1:8).  My prayer through the course of the month, as well as the charge I shared often with our team, was that we want to be discerning as to where God is working and then seek to be used by Him.

We began by having youth conferences to reach out to those in the rural areas, which are plagued by violence and political instability as well as socioeconomic challenges.  These areas are truly hotspots for at-risk youth; youth who, if not shown the love of Christ, will only add to the dangerous cycle that surrounds them.  Many young children especially boys get mixed up with the wrong influences, father children out of wedlock, and are then killed or arrested, leaving their children to face the same dismal reality of a fatherless home.

These youth conferences were used as focused times of teaching and discovery from the Bible of what it means to “Know God”.  Different team members led each session over a two-day period.  Between larger sessions, we had games and small group discussions.  Some were distracted and uninterested, but still others hung on to every word spoken and asked thought provoking questions about their own lives and how God relates to them.         

Our village and school outreach involved connecting with the people through drama presentations, Bible verse memorization exercises, teaching songs, personal life testimony, English lessons, and Gospel presentations from the Bible.  One young man was particularly impacted by a skit portraying the bondage of sin as a chair in which someone gets stuck after being told not to touch.  After the presentation the boy approached some team members and asked the question, “What sin was it that caused the person to become stuck in the chair?”  These team members were then able to proceed to share the Gospel with the boy, who then believed and gave his life to Jesus Christ.  This is just one example of how God is working in this area through the faithful service of our short-term mission teams from the U.S. 

We were also able to further engage in humanitarian efforts to assist the people physically, including home construction, provision of basic needs such as groceries, and investment into the economic development that has already been initiated in an impoverished region suffering from lack of opportunity. 

A big “thank you” again to each of our financial and prayer partners.  We know that we have not because we ask not.  And it is evident to us that many people have been interceding before the throne of God on our behalf, asking for safety and opportunity for God to be glorified through my family and our ministry.  Please know also that we will be praying for each of you, and that we do take seriously the prayer needs that are made aware to us.

In the name of Jesus Christ, The Dillards (Derick, Jill, & Israel)                  

Please continue to pray:

God would work in the hearts of those in whom the seed of the Gospel has been planted, that He would cause it to take root and grow.

Courage and protection for all the indigenous believers of Central America.

For strong marriages and families

Wisdom and discretion for my family and myself as we seek to follow the Lord, wherever that may be, in a rapidly changing and difficult world."

We were also able to further engage in humanitarian efforts to assist the people physically, including home construction, provision of basic needs such as groceries, and investment into the economic development that has already been initiated in an impoverished region suffering from lack of opportunity. 

Home construction of your SOS house. Groceries from Walmart, economi. Development like mission tourism. Jesus, go minister in Detroit if you idiots love danger so much.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Home construction of your SOS house. Groceries from Walmart, economi. Development like mission tourism. Jesus, go minister in Detroit if you idiots love danger so much.

They won't minister in Detroit, St. Louis, Flint, or one of a hundred other inner cities in America that need help because those people speak English. They're also smart enough to ask questions that the dumbass who's never spent one minute in desperation or danger isn't equipped to answer. If he was really in the business of "changing lives for Jesus", Triple D would have started in the US. His Spanish isn't good enough to convert the "lost".

It's nice to know that the Dillard marriage is strong enough to pass judgment on other people's marriages.

Okay, board sleuths. I know you'll know this. Eleven out of 12 months in "the mission field"? Wasn't there an almost two-month break in the US last summer for "Spanish classes"?

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Derek does know that when a male fathers a child out of wedlock, that there is a female involved too, right?

He also seems unaware that in areas plagued by political unrest and violence, young (and older) married men, can also be killed, leaving their children fatherless. Or does he believe that as long as the parents were married before the father died, the children are better off.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

"Ministry Summer Update" from the Dullards:  http://www.dillardfamily.com/2016/8/minstry-summer-update . Below is the text.

"After finishing our first term in Central America with a sprint, my family and I have made it back safe and sound to American soil after being gone 12 of the past 13 months.  For the month of July and into August, I have had the privilege of working with an amazing group of people in leading our summer mission team in many aspects of ministry through 3 different countries. 

Overall, the focus of our summer mission team is nothing new, but rather to practice the example given to us by the earliest Christian missionaries in the book of Acts.  Whatever we did was ultimately for the purpose of proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that people may be freed from the bondage of sin in order to enjoy life eternal with their Creator and Lord.  We faced many challenges, but sought comfort in knowing that it is by the power of the Holy Spirit that we go and work (Acts 1:8).  My prayer through the course of the month, as well as the charge I shared often with our team, was that we want to be discerning as to where God is working and then seek to be used by Him.

We began by having youth conferences to reach out to those in the rural areas, which are plagued by violence and political instability as well as socioeconomic challenges.  These areas are truly hotspots for at-risk youth; youth who, if not shown the love of Christ, will only add to the dangerous cycle that surrounds them.  Many young children especially boys get mixed up with the wrong influences, father children out of wedlock, and are then killed or arrested, leaving their children to face the same dismal reality of a fatherless home.

These youth conferences were used as focused times of teaching and discovery from the Bible of what it means to “Know God”.  Different team members led each session over a two-day period.  Between larger sessions, we had games and small group discussions.  Some were distracted and uninterested, but still others hung on to every word spoken and asked thought provoking questions about their own lives and how God relates to them.         

Our village and school outreach involved connecting with the people through drama presentations, Bible verse memorization exercises, teaching songs, personal life testimony, English lessons, and Gospel presentations from the Bible.  One young man was particularly impacted by a skit portraying the bondage of sin as a chair in which someone gets stuck after being told not to touch.  After the presentation the boy approached some team members and asked the question, “What sin was it that caused the person to become stuck in the chair?”  These team members were then able to proceed to share the Gospel with the boy, who then believed and gave his life to Jesus Christ.  This is just one example of how God is working in this area through the faithful service of our short-term mission teams from the U.S. 

A big “thank you” again to each of our financial and prayer partners.  We know that we have not because we ask not.  And it is evident to us that many people have been interceding before the throne of God on our behalf, asking for safety and opportunity for God to be glorified through my family and our ministry.  Please know also that we will be praying for each of you, and that we do take seriously the prayer needs that are made aware to us.

In the name of Jesus Christ, The Dillards (Derick, Jill, & Israel)                  

Please continue to pray:

God would work in the hearts of those in whom the seed of the Gospel has been planted, that He would cause it to take root and grow.

Courage and protection for all the indigenous believers of Central America.

For strong marriages and families

Wisdom and discretion for my family and myself as we seek to follow the Lord, wherever that may be, in a rapidly changing and difficult world."

I doubt Duh-rick wrote the above. 

• Love 6

KJB will side with Triple D. Bros before ho's, and Jilly Muffin may have to face the fact that her father's love is conditional for the first time in her life.

My opinion, but Triple D had no freaking idea how tough it would be to bring his sheltered, fearful and badly educated wife to the "mission field". There's no Starbucks there. She doesn't speak the language and has little motivation to learn it. Judging by the state of her house, she has little to do and she's likely driving him up the wall as well both in Danger America and at home.

Oh, Missy, THIS times infinity.  I think you have just so eloquently and accurately summed up The Jillard Family Dynamic. Most healthy, well adjusted and mature adults would find such a dynamic absolutely suffocating. Derick may still enjoy this adulation, given that he's not the type of guy most women swoon over. Maybe he finds her Stage 5 clinger behavior beyond annoying but knows it's not her fault because she's sheltered, fearful, badly educated, and poorly socialized. We only see what's obvious to us, but Derick has enough class to keep most of this to himself about what a disservice has been done to Jilly and her siblings. He knows he's got his work cut out for him ..much like socializing a skittish and fearful dog who grew up in a puppy mill.  

• Love 11

The stuck in the chair thing?  Maybe the person was really asking what the hell was that?  I know I would be. 

"We know we have not because we ask not"  What does that even mean?

I was having coffee yesterday and I was sitting next to two twentysomethings having what I assume to be a business meeting.  I say assume because every word out of their mouths was corporate speak.  Having spent most of my adult life in the corporate world, I speak the language.  I wanted to say just say what you mean and in plain English. 

This summer missionary rambling?  Cut the crap and just say what you mean.  GAHHHHH

"Please continue to pray"  They forget to add please continue to send money.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derek does know that when a male fathers a child out of wedlock, that there is a female involved too, right?

Yes, but they are whores who defrauded the man and made him have sex with her. The headship is the only one who really matter in a child's life. Without the guidance of a godly male nothing good will come of the child.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Yes, but they are whores who defrauded the man and made him have sex with her. The headship is the only one who really matter in a child's life. Without the guidance of a godly male nothing good will come of the child.

So in other words it is open season on pussy if you are a godly male.

• Love 5

After finishing our first term in Central America with a sprint, my family and I have made it back safe and sound to American soil after being gone 12 of the past 13 months.  For the month of July and into August, I have had the privilege of working with an amazing group of people in leading our summer mission team in many aspects of ministry through 3 different countries. 

So much for Derek's math skillz... He should probably subtract all of the weeks he was safe and sound in America during those vacations..  Is he just so used to KJB and crew believing every single thing he says?  The rest of us out here in the real non-bubble world can add.  And I'm pretty sure Thou Shalt Not Lie is one of those pesky 10 commandments.   Derrick - if you're going to preach the word of God, you should try fully understanding and following it first.  You're welcome.

• Love 2

Did Derrick include the countries he flew over on the way home as those he "led" his summer mission team through? Color me confused. 

I'm truly sorry I keep expecting these doofuses to make actual sense. I should know better.

• Love 1