Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Recommended Posts


47 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I always wonder what people 70 years ago would think of the idea that parents with the option to pretty much eliminate the possibility that their child could get polio or measles would ever consider denying their child that protection.   I have an aunt who spent quite a bit of time in an iron lung due to polio as a child and spent a lifetime on crutches due to one leg never developing properly and the other being significantly weakened as well.   I can't imagine any parent not doing everything in their power to avoid that.

THIS! SOOOOO much! Or mothers in 3rd world countries who don't have the option even today to vaccinate their children. I have one friend who doesn't vaccinate and only had to present a "doctor's note" and her daughter was in school no problem. Her thinking is, "Well, you still end up getting measles, chicken pox, etc..." My response is "Well, you didn't get polio." I think we're so far from seeing these horrible diseases in our "real" lives, that they don't seem like a big deal to a lot of people.

Edited by HoneyBeach · Reason: grammar
  • Like 17
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, I guess I was right. The height thing is definitely a 'me thing'.

Not just you, height comments can bother me. I’m 5’ 1” and my husband is 6’ 4”. We only have boys and they are taking after me in the height department. All the time I get “Oh, there’s still time for them to catch up to dad” comments. Like being taller is better obviously. 😒 My husband and I don’t care. They’ll be whatever height they’ll be, why make a thing of it. 
 

Jill’s comment didn’t bother me, it was more like statistical information. It’s when people imply not so subtly that being tall is preferable and I get irritated. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

Not just you, height comments can bother me. I’m 5’ 1” and my husband is 6’ 4”. We only have boys and they are taking after me in the height department. All the time I get “Oh, there’s still time for them to catch up to dad” comments. Like being taller is better obviously. 😒 My husband and I don’t care. They’ll be whatever height they’ll be, why make a thing of it. 
 

Jill’s comment didn’t bother me, it was more like statistical information. It’s when people imply not so subtly that being tall is preferable and I get irritated. 

I don't get it. I've never understood why parents are proud of their children's heights. It's almost like it's an accomplishment, like the taller the child is the more grown up they are. And it seems worse if it's a boy, why? Because boys should be taller? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Because boys should be taller?

Studies have shown that men who are taller have better careers and make more money over their lifetimes.  Just Google "why tall men do better in business" and there are too many links to post here.  

  • Like 7
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I don't get it. I've never understood why parents are proud of their children's heights. It's almost like it's an accomplishment, like the taller the child is the more grown up they are. And it seems worse if it's a boy, why? Because boys should be taller? 

Honestly, I feel the same about society’s need for girls to be “pretty.” Being pretty isn’t an accomplishment, like height it’s just the luck of the draw.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, DangerousMinds said:

Honestly, I feel the same about society’s need for girls to be “pretty.” Being pretty isn’t an accomplishment, like height it’s just the luck of the draw.

Yes! Exactly! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Honestly, I feel the same about society’s need for girls to be “pretty.” Being pretty isn’t an accomplishment, like height it’s just the luck of the draw.

And being pretty is also a subjective thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whereas height is a measurable thing. How tall is Derelict? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

And being pretty is also a subjective thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whereas height is a measurable thing. How tall is Derelict? 

6'2", I believe. Brother Dan is 6'3".

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I don't get it. I've never understood why parents are proud of their children's heights. It's almost like it's an accomplishment, like the taller the child is the more grown up they are. And it seems worse if it's a boy, why? Because boys should be taller? 

I think it's seen as a confirmation that you're raising a healthy child. Like a physical indicator that at least something is being done right.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I think it's seen as a confirmation that you're raising a healthy child. Like a physical indicator that at least something is being done right.

Yet height, unless a child is short due to being severely neglected, is not a sign of parenting being done right or wrong.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think Jill is (subconsciously?) tickled pink that Izzy more resembles the Dillards in looks and build. Her brothers are rather homely, and she doesn't seem close to any of them.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think Jill is (subconsciously?) tickled pink that Izzy more resembles the Dillards in looks and build. Her brothers are rather homely, and she doesn't seem close to any of them.

I think the Dillards and the Duggars are in a dead heat in terms of homeliness.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I think the Dillards and the Duggars are in a dead heat in terms of homeliness.

How does a family produce all attractive daughters and total shmucks for sons? With 19 kids, shouldn't there be somewhat of a mix? You'd think at least one boy could break the puberty curse.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

How does a family produce all attractive daughters and total shmucks for sons? With 19 kids, shouldn't there be somewhat of a mix? You'd think at least one boy could break the puberty curse.

It IS weird. The puberty case effects all the boys regardless of which side of the family they take after. Maybe it's just the universe's way of keeping them humble, considering they believe themselves to be the righteous rulers of all they see.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

It IS weird. The puberty case effects all the boys regardless of which side of the family they take after. Maybe it's just the universe's way of keeping them humble, considering they believe themselves to be the righteous rulers of all they see.

Maybe it's nature's way of giving ample warning to prospective broodmares, particularly in light of how narrow a female's scope of options is at best within that prison system of a lifestyle. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't say any of the Duggar men are scary ugly. I think the religion shows men in a bad light and that possibly influences how one sees them.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think Jill is (subconsciously?) tickled pink that Izzy more resembles the Dillards in looks and build. Her brothers are rather homely, and she doesn't seem close to any of them.

Given what happened to her, on top of her being forced to parent them, I don’t blame her.

 

Quote

I wouldn't say any of the Duggar men are scary ugly. I think the religion shows men in a bad light and that possibly influences how one sees them.

 Admittedly, they would all look a lot better with a tiny amount of effort. A regular sleep schedule, good hydration,good grooming including bathing once a day,  normal sexual release, good mental health, 30 minutes of cardio and a little weight lifting, and not having to live some weird stunted emotional prison sentence would go along way towards making them healthier. Maybe some braces and good fashion choices, too.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Like 18
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Given what happened to her, on top of her being forced to parent them, I don’t blame her.

I don't think that any of the older siblings are "close" in any sense that we would recognize. Gothard is super-big on the mega-family thing, but very concerned about the kids ganging up on the parents. He solved that with the surveillance state / tattling paradigm that I think was used by the Duggars. I think that all of the older Duggar siblings are very guarded about what they say to each other, and I think they're equally guarded (at least initially) with what they tell their spouses.

Her buddy group may have loved her, but I think all of the older kids were glad to see Jill leave.

It does seem like the howlers are close, and the lost girls are may be close, too,

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Given what happened to her, on top of her being forced to parent them, I don’t blame her.

 

 Admittedly, they would all look a lot better with a tiny amount of effort. A regular sleep schedule, good hydration,good grooming including bathing once a day,  normal sexual release, good mental health, 30 minutes of cardio and a little weight lifting, and not having to live some weird stunted emotional prison sentence would go along way towards making them healthier. Maybe some braces and good fashion choices, too.

Reading this makes me feel depressed.   I can't imagine living it and not feeling depressed.

  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, JoanArc said:

She, and only she, has gotten real help, and is doing so much better. She still has a lot to develop, but we all do. As much as we rag on Jill I am happy for her. I’m sorry she had to go so many years in pain and confusion. Has she gotten help earlier her life might be totally different now, as well. But she is still light years ahead of many other people in her world and family.

My comment wasn't only in regard to Jill, but in taking a look at the things you listed and recognizing how they are not the norm or simply unavailable to members of that family.   

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just now, Tikichick said:

My comment wasn't only in regard to Jill, but in taking a look at the things you listed and recognizing how they are not the norm or simply unavailable to members of that family.   

 

Oh, sorry.  I think they are available to every member of the family. But certainly not the norm. I read a Reddit thread once about people who had met the Duggers at the various events, they said it was a well-known fact in those circles that the boys generally all stank. Like, all the time.  It does burn me up at with all their wealth they couldn’t reinvest a tiny bit into scheduling, building a few more showers, etc. to make the process of handling everyone’s grooming a little bit better. All more proof  that the children were props.

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Oh, sorry.  I think they are available to every member of the family. But certainly not the norm. I read a Reddit thread once about people who had met the Duggers at the various events, they said it was a well-known fact in those circles that the boys generally all stank. Like, all the time.  It does burn me up at with all their wealth they couldn’t reinvest a tiny bit into scheduling, building a few more showers, etc. to make the process of handling everyone’s grooming a little bit better. All more proof  that the children were props.

I haven't heard that before about them being smelly and I hope it isn't true.

What I was referring to about not being available are things such as healthy sexual release, possibly bathing as often as needed, mental stimulation, etc.   I don't think those are available as needed or wanted and I think that's tragic and decidedly not in anyone's best interest.     

  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Oh, sorry.  I think they are available to every member of the family. But certainly not the norm. I read a Reddit thread once about people who had met the Duggers at the various events, they said it was a well-known fact in those circles that the boys generally all stank. Like, all the time.  It does burn me up at with all their wealth they couldn’t reinvest a tiny bit into scheduling, building a few more showers, etc. to make the process of handling everyone’s grooming a little bit better. All more proof  that the children were props.

When I read this, I immediately thought that JB would never be okay with the boys showering on a regular basis because he was not okay with them being in the bathroom alone. It occurred to me, though, that he could have built a shower room -- like they have in high schools -- and allowed them to shower together. I'm sure that there is some reason that that would make Jesus/Gothard cry, too, so they just had to be the "stinky kids." What great parents.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 11

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

When I read this, I immediately thought that JB would never be okay with the boys showering on a regular basis because he was not okay with them being in the bathroom alone. It occurred to me, though, that he could have built a shower room -- like they have in high schools -- and allowed them to shower together. I'm sure that there is some reason that that would make Jesus/Gothard cry, too, so they just had to be the "stinky kids." What great parents.

The thought of a shower room crossed my mind, and then I realized they freaking made their house designed to prevent sexual entrapment. It would never work. I also don’t think Jim Bob was the type to shower in high school.

 

Even well groomed boys kind of stink when living that way.  I’d imagine it’s probably true. Maybe they thought the BO would keep the girls away, too. I’m sure it did.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm pretty sure the boys have a double bathroom off their bedroom in the TTH. Considering their parents bedroom was is catwalk away, I'm sure more than one of them has snuck into the bathroom after all were sleeping. Who is left at home now? Jer, Jason, Tyler and Jackson? At this point its two bathrooms for four boys.

As far as showering, it just doesn't seem to be something the Duggars do often enough.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm pretty sure the boys have a double bathroom off their bedroom in the TTH. Considering their parents bedroom was is catwalk away, I'm sure more than one of them has snuck into the bathroom after all were sleeping. Who is left at home now? Jer, Jason, Tyler and Jackson? At this point its two bathrooms for four boys.

As far as showering, it just doesn't seem to be something the Duggars do often enough.

also James and probably Elijah

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jill went somewhere with Jessa and Spurge today. Some vintage market. Jill is wearing masks Jessa is not. Jessa is an idiot.

  • Like 10
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jill went somewhere with Jessa and Spurge today. Some vintage market. Jill is wearing masks Jessa is not. Jessa is an idiot.

Someone might not recognize her with a mask on.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Jill write #sponsored on her IG story?

Yes she did.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

Yes she did.

Huh. And she plastered Jessa's name all over it. Is she trying to get Jessa a gig too?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh. And she plastered Jessa's name all over it. Is she trying to get Jessa a gig too?

Getting people to speculate on her relationships with her family gets more views.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think Jessa and Jill have a bond. It's not a warm and fuzzy one (because Jessa is not warm and fuzzy period), but more like a "only we know what it was like to wake up and change diapers all day" bond. 

I also think Jessa doesn't really care about religion, and as Jill recedes from the fundie life, Jessa's probably the least judgmental. Because she never cared about that Jesus stuff. She pretended to for the show but there's not a spiritual bone in her body.

With that being said, Jessa being pregnant and walking around a crowded store without a mask is madness.

If it’s true that Jesse doesn’t really care about religion, I wonder how that affects  her and preacher Bin’s relationship.

Edited by DangerousMinds · Reason: Because “effects” and “affects” are not the same word!
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Other than maybe Jana and Joe, I'm not sure any of the Duggar 19 deeply understand their beliefs. But I think Jessa thinks she does, and she definitely believes all the scary religious stuff she was taught. I think she likely struggles more than her siblings with ending up in the right section of heaven. Maybe because she knows Jesus doesn't favor cold hearted bitches. Given Spurgie's preoccupation with God, I'm going to guess religion is a big part of daily living at the Mold House.

I think Jill also thinks she has deep knowledge of her beliefs and probably has a better understanding than Jessa, but still not that deep. Jana, who I think has a deep understanding, questions some of what she's been taught.

 

As far as Jessa not wearing a mask, it might be because she's already had covid and, I believe, Arkansas no longer has a mask mandate. Still horribly careless and stupid, but it seems other folks there weren't wearing them either.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

How sad that Spurge has a huge preoccupation with God at his age. Smh. And no masks is ridiculous when she's pregnant. There are other varients and you can get it more than once. Have any of these people gotten a vaccine yet? I don't know about eligibility and availability in Arkansas 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

How sad that Spurge has a huge preoccupation with God at his age. Smh. And no masks is ridiculous when she's pregnant. There are other varients and you can get it more than once. Have any of these people gotten a vaccine yet? I don't know about eligibility and availability in Arkansas 

The mask mandate across the state has been lifted, and those 16 and older are eligible for the vaccine, from what I found.

I feel like some will follow what you don’t have to do, vs following the original guidelines. Of course common sense isn’t in play. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The mask mandate across the state has been lifted, and those 16 and older are eligible for the vaccine, from what I found.

I feel like some will follow what you don’t have to do, vs following the original guidelines. Of course common sense isn’t in play. 

Yes this is correct. The mask mandate was lifted at the end of last month, but individual businesses can have their own requirements. I went to WM the other day where I live, and I was pleasantly surprised by how many were still wearing masks, but it is entirely at the discretion of the business now. 

  • Like 11
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

and Jer V is holding the baby face forward.

she does exist! 😂

  • Laugh 7
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

Is Meech wearing a Victorian style dress? Or maybe she's gone cottagecore, lol?

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's sad that even in that blurry pic I could tell who was a Duggar male because the paunchy balding profile is unmistakable.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, JoanArc said:

Given what happened to her, on top of her being forced to parent them, I don’t blame her.

 

 Admittedly, they would all look a lot better with a tiny amount of effort. A regular sleep schedule, good hydration,good grooming including bathing once a day,  normal sexual release, good mental health, 30 minutes of cardio and a little weight lifting, and not having to live some weird stunted emotional prison sentence would go along way towards making them healthier. Maybe some braces and good fashion choices, too.

And decent nutrition. I feel like crap after about a day of the standard American diet. They've had years of it. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size