Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I hope she has the baby today. It's the due date I chose for the pool.

Re: Jill's clothes and PG T-shirts, one would think Derrick would get rather tired of it pretty quick.  Since she is on TV I think she has some obligation to look presentable, and she doesn't.  That's her job too, and she should try not to disgust the viewers.  There are sure going to be ton of pregnant women to be looking at so I think a lot of us will bail pretty soon.  I don't think Derrick will bail in body, but in spirit, she may kill him.

I'm not sure Derick minds right now. He doesn't seem too picky about much. He's not a fashionable guy himself. I bet he even likes Jill's long dried hair; he'd probably be fine with her maintaining this basic look for 25 years. He's not a good looking guy himself, so it's doubtful he would find anyone much more attractive than Jill in the end. They are well suited for one another and I think that Jill is a pretty girl when she makes the effort. Derick would be hard pressed to find someone who's as into him as she is (I know, gag, right?) and be that pretty.

I think Jill will grow out of the stage of wearing t-shirts during pregnancy when she matures. These two really are what JB always hoped for in a daughter and son-in-law.

• Love 3

Besides wanting to be a missionary and a midwife, I never really saw Jill as being the Duggar who would break away to any degree.  She always seemed to me to be the most enthusiastic about her parents ways.  I never saw Derick as being that mature despite the fact he is educated and employed.  He, more so than Ben, seems as he was looking for a place to belong and he found it with the Duggars.  It might have something to do with losing his father at a young age.

• Love 3

Jill and Derrick's Hand sex was nowhere as annoying as Smuugar and Anna's.

Ha!  I don't consider myself a prude but, I could feel myself blushing every time I saw Smuganna's hand sex. 

• Love 3

A lot of women are forced to use disability leave, or part of their family and medical leave act for morning sickness, which often means less time at home with the baby once it's born. Jill IS lucky.

I can't imagine having really bad morning sickness. Eek. I really didn't, thank goodness, because I was in the Army and trust and believe, the guys don't care. They are just pissed that you are a female that got preggars to get a light duty profile*rolls eyes*. I was just so, SO tired all the time. That's what killed me...

I really felt for the others in my platoon who were pregnant and had to deal with morning sickness...and having to hang out in the motor pool. Diesel fuel smells and all that mess...

People I work with in healthcare work right up to the time they have to deliver, because they need to hang on to as much leave as they can. It's not a picnic working 12 hour shifts and being on your feet taking care of patients when you are expecting, for sure.

Miss Jilly is hella lucky. She just don't even know....

Oh, and I would NOT want to have a home birth, I suppose I know just enough as a medical person to realize all the crap that can go wrong, and just how fast it can happen...

Edited by phoenix62
  • Love 9

I hope she has the baby today. It's the due date I chose for the pool.

I'm not sure Derick minds right now. He doesn't seem too picky about much. He's not a fashionable guy himself. I bet he even likes Jill's long dried hair; he'd probably be fine with her maintaining this basic look for 25 years. He's not a good looking guy himself, so it's doubtful he would find anyone much more attractive than Jill in the end. They are well suited for one another and I think that Jill is a pretty girl when she makes the effort. Derick would be hard pressed to find someone who's as into him as she is (I know, gag, right?) and be that pretty.

I think Jill will grow out of the stage of wearing t-shirts during pregnancy when she matures. These two really are what JB always hoped for in a daughter and son-in-law.

Except for the fact that Derick works for someone else.

• Love 5

It's the way Jill and Derrick hold hands that's awkward, to me. They bend their arms at the elbow and keep them bent, while walking, it's weird, lol.

That bugs me, too. When they came into the Duggar house to make the pregnancy announcement, their arms were bent at a bizarre 90 degree angle. There's no way that was comfortable.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

Smuggar and Anna's hands should have been blurred out. It wasn't suitable for families.

Just some modest hand sex. Must be how Bin grew hair on his palm.

Since the Duggars are very pro family/pro pregnancy, you would think that they would like to show pregnancy in a positive light and get a few more pretty maternity outfits going. She has a few but a few more are needed!

I can't stand the Duggars and I totally hate-watch them. This is admittedly a snark site and I lurk with amusement to see how much you all care in your hatred for them. I love it!

HOWEVER, I draw the line at saying that a woman that huge and uncomfortable-looking has an obligation to dress or look any way but comfortable. Also, if she had the nicest and most fashionable maternity clothes, I have a feeling the snark would be about how "she certainly didn't buy used and save the difference"

Pregnant women have no obligation to look or dress a certain way for anyone. Not even a TV audience. Certainly if they make you uncomfortable and gross you out, that's your problem. As for Derek, IF any father to be had a problem with the way his wife looked or dressed in week 39 of pregnancy, I'd ask him to take a seat. On a train track. There's no indication that he feels that way, though.

One other thing. I love fashion. I spend a lot if money on clothes and I am very disciplined in my thinking that it's better to buy one sweater for $300 that I would have forever than 10 sweaters for $30 each that aren't even worth the cost of drycleaning. That said, I never saw the point in "cute" maternity clothes during either of my pregnancies. There is no such thing. They're all ugly and disposable. Comfort rules during pregnancy. And the mom to be determines what that means.

ETA: I don't care if people want to say they don't like the way she looks while pregnant (although with all of the other things to make fun of the Duggars for, this one seems pretty lame), it's just this purported duty she has to look "better" for us or her husband or whatever. It's kind of Gothard-like, no?

Edited by AudreyHorne
  • Love 6

I just skimmed an article about Kate Middleton and her 8 month pregnancy and wow what a difference between hers and Jill's bumps! Are we sure Jill isn't carrying twins? Because she's enormous compared to Kate. I really have no idea how big is normal but there is such a great difference between them it makes me start wondering. Does your level of fitness affect how big your belly looks while pregnant? Like I can't imagine Jill being very fit, just skinny, while Kate Middleton looks extremely fit and compact. Maybe her core muscles are holding the baby in more?

Sorry it's the Daily Fail, but here it is:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3000256/Stepping-style-Pregnant-Kate-shines-35-polka-dot-maternity-dress-meets-children-London.html

I think it may be genetics as Kates mother seems to have the same slim build as Kate does. Also I read Kate suffered from extreme morning sickness (Hyperemesis Gravidarum) and I wonder if that also plays a role?

(I did research on it, and in an article I read a woman who had it said it was over whelming. She couldn't work, or go to the store etc. It so affected her normal smell, it was unbelievable. She said her 3 little boys eating ice cream on the couch made her run sick to the bathroom. That's how strong the vanilla in vanilla ice cream was to her! She slept up in the 3 rd floor, away from family, cooking smells, her husband sleeping, everything and anything.

• Love 1

I can't stand the Duggars and I totally hate-watch them. This is admittedly a snark site and I lurk with amusement to see how much you all care in your hatred for them. I love it!

HOWEVER, I draw the line at saying that a woman that huge and uncomfortable-looking has an obligation to dress or look any way but comfortable. Also, if she had the nicest and most fashionable maternity clothes, I have a feeling the snark would be about how "she certainly didn't buy used and save the difference"

Pregnant women have no obligation to look or dress a certain way for anyone. Not even a TV audience. Certainly if they make you uncomfortable and gross you out, that's your problem. As for Derek, IF any father to be had a problem with the way his wife looked or dressed in week 39 of pregnancy, I'd ask him to take a seat. On a train track. There's no indication that he feels that way, though.

One other thing. I love fashion. I spend a lot if money on clothes and I am very disciplined in my thinking that it's better to buy one sweater for $300 that I would have forever than 10 sweaters for $30 each that aren't even worth the cost of drycleaning. That said, I never saw the point in "cute" maternity clothes during either of my pregnancies. There is no such thing. They're all ugly and disposable. Comfort rules during pregnancy. And the mom to be determines what that means.

ETA: I don't care if people want to say they don't like the way she looks while pregnant (although with all of the other things to make fun of the Duggars for, this one seems pretty lame), it's just this purported duty she has to look "better" for us or her husband or whatever. It's kind of Gothard-like, no?

You are certainly entiteled to your position, and I'm glad you have come on here to be an apologist for women's maternity comfort bc Lord knows that's important. I think your experiences and judgments are valid. However, the experiences and judgments of others are equally as valid. Whether or not how good someone looks wearing a t-shirt or skirt or maternity wear is going to be a topic of discussion bc they're on TV. Gothard-like? NO.

ETA: looks like you toned down your original post.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1

In real life, I don't care what people wear as long as the parts are covered!

The Duggars get a lot of heat & attention for clothing because THEY make clothing a big issue. Everything has to be so modest and blah blah. Yelling "nike" when they judge someone to be immodest? Well, then THAT family is opening the door wide for everyone to comment on THEIR clothing.

I have a feeling that no one in real life, who posts here, cares at all what people wear, particularly pregnant women. I've been pregnant 9 times with 5 live births. I know I looked awful some days! But I was also not the one yelling "nike" or fussing about the length of someone's skirt.

It's the hypocrisy that gets me.

I posted this before...her oranage t shirt was really "nike" by their own standards.

• Love 9

Hi! Yes, I just wanted to clarify that I think saying she doesn't look good seems like fair game. I did hope to convey this but also that I thought it was a pretty minor thing to harp on with all of the other ammunition the Duggars provide.

As far as an obligation to look a certain way for TV or her husband? Yah, I think that's akin to Gothard's "pleasing countenance" in that it is for everyone else's benefit except the woman in question.

Oh goody, thanks for clarifying that. ;)

People come on here to harp or snark on everything. It's all fair game. If people are bothered by that then they should go on sites that drink the Duggar Kool-Aid.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 9

But that's the thought and theory that they subscribe to!

So I guess we find it amusing that Jill is looking kinda sloppy and is showing a sloppy pregnancy in a family that is so focused on pregnancy, children, modesty and beauty for the husband.

You would think she would pull it together a bit.

Michelle and Anna always looked decent to me. I wouldn't comment on their pregnancy clothes. Might not be my taste but they looked decent and comfortable.

I wasn't too interested in Jill's clothes either until that skin tight orange shirt t shirt. On a non-Duggar, I wouldn't notice. On Jill Duggar??? Wowsa! A "nike moment"!!!! And she posted it! Not like she was at home in private. Didn't she realize that every outline of her pregnant body was displayed??? Hello? Nope. They make their own rules.

That's what got me going with her clothes. It just bugs me that they have all these ideas about other people's clothes...

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 10

I wasn't too interested in Jill's clothes either until that skin tight orange shirt t shirt. On a non-Duggar, I wouldn't notice. On Jill Duggar??? Wowsa! A "nike moment"!!!! And she posted it! Not like she was at home in private. Didn't she realize that every outline of her pregnant body was displayed??? Hello? Nope. They make their own rules.

I thought that their rule about modesty was simply being covered up? I have never heard them indicate that women should not wear form-fitting clothes, and, in fact, we have seen Joy (with ill-fitting, pass-me-down clothes) and Jessa (with her so-tight-buttons-are-straining shirt) both do this in the past. (Now, Jessa's wedding dress was, I thought, rather low cut for their standards, and I'm surprised Michelle let her get away with it.)

• Love 1

I'm in the minority, but I don't think Jill looks that bad. She wears t-shirts and maxi skirts with flats for the most part and while she isn't the most put-together woman, she looks okay. I wouldn't stare at her aghast if I saw her in the supermarket. I also do think she's very modestly dressed even if her t-shirts are form-fitting. She's pretty far along at this point and appears to be all belly so very little is going to look baggy on her.

As far as Jill looking good for Derick...is he trying to look good for her? All I see him wearing are t-shirts, button-ups, khakis, and God-awful (IMO) Teva-style sandals.

• Love 4

As far as Jill looking good for Derick...is he trying to look good for her? All I see him wearing are t-shirts, button-ups, khakis, and God-awful (IMO) Teva-style sandals.

That's exactly my point. That's why I said they are well suited for each other. I don't think Derick is bothered by what or how Jill dresses or looks pre/during/post maternity. They're a good match for each other.

ETA: I think Jill is quite happy with Derick's appearance. Re; the Teva's, lol, I'm not a fan either, but Jill must be bc she wears them too.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1

Form fitting is part of their standards. That's why they wear skirts...first, because pants are a man's clothing but secondly, because pants are form fitting and show off the goods.

I was IFB and very tight is a no-no. Modesty isn't just about covering skin but also covering parts too. That's why they wore those awful jumpers etc. To hide a woman's figure, breasts etc. Keep things a bit more hidden. Maybe Michelle hasn't quite phrased it that way but very tight is not modest.

The Duggars have modernized and stopped with the jumpers, thank goodness. But generally, their clothes are not skin tight and not revealing the shape of parts. Sometimes they are shoved into their clothes like we all are, I guess. But no skin tight clothing, no parts exposed, no outline of parts is the goal.

I can tell you from my own experience, not the Duggars... No nipples, no femmale outline of the behind or outline of the front. Nothing too tight with the breasts. Men shouldn't wear pants that show everyone your junk. Those slinky gym shorts can be a no-no. Sweatpants with caution. Back when I was IFB, jeans had to be very loose on the men.

Stuff like that. In addition to keeping skin covered and your parts unseen.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 4

There really isn't a definite reason why some women carry " big" and some "small". Or, there are lots of reasons that may or may not have anything to do with the baby or the mother - sometimes it just is what it is.

I agree. I was one of the ones that barely looked pregnant. I rarely exercised but had a thin build at the time. I think the only place I gained weight was in my feet & ankles.

They had a blurb on Kate Middleton recently on the Today Show. She was shown wearing a vanilla colored coat that was gorgeous. It must be nice to have a closet full of designer maternity wear to choose from. Didn't she come from a more "normal" not royalty type of family? So having ready available designer clothing may have been new to her when she married. At least she knew what was expected of her marrying royalty. Could you see if Jill married royalty, the way she acts & dresses.? That would sure put the Queen Mother in a tizzy. Smelling salts anyone?

I agree. I was one of the ones that barely looked pregnant. I rarely exercised but had a thin build at the time. I think the only place I gained weight was in my feet & ankles.

They had a blurb on Kate Middleton recently on the Today Show. She was shown wearing a vanilla colored coat that was gorgeous. It must be nice to have a closet full of designer maternity wear to choose from. Didn't she come from a more "normal" not royalty type of family? So having ready available designer clothing may have been new to her when she married. At least she knew what was expected of her marrying royalty. Could you see if Jill married royalty, the way she acts & dresses.? That would sure put the Queen Mother in a tizzy. Smelling salts anyone?

I saw Kate wearing a $66 maternity dress that was to die for. I think she knows how to buy clothing that is timeless and classic. You don't have to have a ton of money to dress well just pick some nice pieces that go together....mix and match. 

• Love 8

I agree, Kate M - although basically a shapeless beanpole IMO - always looks nice. Very classy, timeless wardrobe. But she does come from money - just not royal money or a pedigree. One of her grandfathers was a coal miner. Her parents started some kind of business that really took off for them and Kate has been living the well-heeled life for quite some time. Even before she met William, she and Pippa were called "The Wisteria Sisters" among their set, apparently because they were always "climbing..." LOL.

I just skimmed an article about Kate Middleton and her 8 month pregnancy and wow what a difference between hers and Jill's bumps! Are we sure Jill isn't carrying twins? Because she's enormous compared to Kate. I really have no idea how big is normal but there is such a great difference between them it makes me start wondering. Does your level of fitness affect how big your belly looks while pregnant? Like I can't imagine Jill being very fit, just skinny, while Kate Middleton looks extremely fit and compact. Maybe her core muscles are holding the baby in more?

Sorry it's the Daily Fail, but here it is:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3000256/Stepping-style-Pregnant-Kate-shines-35-polka-dot-maternity-dress-meets-children-London.html

Good grief! Someone actually wrote an article comparing the future Queen of England and Jill Duggar? If I didn't know better, I'd be filing this under "science fiction."

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 2

Actually, they are PROUD of their morning sickness. They believe that means a healthy pregnancy. Jill, Anna, and Mechelle have ALL mentioned this. So no, not embarrassed at all. I bit there's also a bit of the martyr complex built in there as well. They don't realize that some women have absolutely NO sickness and have normal pregnancies and healthy babies. 

Jill had plenty of pictures of her driving to and from work/lunches during her first trimester (trust me, it got tiresome). I don't doubt she was sick, just not as badly as she wants you to think. 

eta: The more likely reason Jill wasn't at Jessa's engagement was due to the travel during the work week. The engagement happened on a Wednesday or Thursday, so Derick would have had to work; we know that Jill is a Stage 11 clinger. No way she would have even gone alone to Eureka Springs at that point for a day trip. 

Well, if Jill and Anna can make the most of their pregnancies then you go girls! Whatever works. In this culture if there are times the husbands walk on a few eggshells, that may be a good balance of power. 

Kate Middleton has access to the best designers and get tailors. Plus, she can't wear more casual clothing without getting slaughtered in the press. I don't think she should be compared to an average pregnant woman.

• Love 3

Kate Middleton has access to the best designers and get tailors. Plus, she can't wear more casual clothing without getting slaughtered in the press. I don't think she should be compared to an average pregnant woman.

That's not true. She's been photographed wearing inexpensive, off the rack clothes all the time. I think most appreciate that she doesn't have a problem wearing non-designer clothing. She and William have money, but they aren't necessarily extravagant.

• Love 9

I agree, Kate M - although basically a shapeless beanpole IMO - always looks nice. Very classy, timeless wardrobe. But she does come from money - just not royal money or a pedigree. One of her grandfathers was a coal miner. Her parents started some kind of business that really took off for them and Kate has been living the well-heeled life for quite some time. Even before she met William, she and Pippa were called "The Wisteria Sisters" among their set, apparently because they were always "climbing..." LOL.

Good grief! Someone actually wrote an article comparing the future Queen of England and Jill Duggar? If I didn't know better, I'd be filing this under "science fiction."

That article makes no mention of Jill Duggar at all.  It's just an article about the Duchess of Cambridge wearing a reasonably priced maternity dress purchased from an online store during one of her outings.

• Love 1

And this is page 100 of the Jill and Derick snark fest.  We all have found more to snark about on these 2 than any other topic, by far.  And it all started out so hopefully.  It didn't take long for our doubts to set in and then the disappointment took hold and TLC gave us way too much for too long of their uneventful and boring courtship and wedding.  

• Love 3

That's not true. She's been photographed wearing inexpensive, off the rack clothes all the time. I think most appreciate that she doesn't have a problem wearing non-designer clothing. She and William have money, but they aren't necessarily extravagant.

I'm not talk about inexpensive, off the rack clothes though. I've seen Kate wear cute sweaters and skinny jeans with plain sneakers. I am talking about the more casual clothes we see Jill and the average pregnant woman wearing while running errands - plain t-shirts, stretchy skirts, etc. Not every pregnant woman wants to dress like Kate, nor do they have a reason to do so. Kate can't wear a t-shirt and sweats to go out and about - she would get slaughtered in the press for that. I think the criticism about Jill's attire is a little odd, but that's just my opinion. Her style isn't that bad. I wouldn't wear it, but I don't think she looks sloppy, dirty, and unkempt. I'll agree to disagree.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

That article makes no mention of Jill Duggar at all.  It's just an article about the Duchess of Cambridge wearing a reasonably priced maternity dress purchased from an online store during one of her outings.

OK, good to know. I didn't read the article - and now I feel better. That's quite a leap to make, comparing those two ladies...

No no, the article is just about Kate; it was me that made the comparison! And I didn't really mean it so much as a critical comparison as a curious one because I really have no idea about what is "normal" when it comes to pregnancies. I just found the difference in their sizes fascinating.

• Love 1

And this is page 100 of the Jill and Derick snark fest.  We all have found more to snark about on these 2 than any other topic, by far.  And it all started out so hopefully.  It didn't take long for our doubts to set in and then the disappointment took hold and TLC gave us way too much for too long of their uneventful and boring courtship and wedding.

I'll be honest, my reason for being so hard on these two are bc I just don't like 'em. I really don't like giggly goody two shoes snitchy Jill. I used to like Derick until we saw how much he started drinking the Duggar Kool-Aid this season coupled with catgate. Then there's their awkward physical relationship and the fact that Jill is so desperate to be around him that she makes 3 round trip visits to Walmart to "maximize our time together". Oh brother! Well, that's it in a nutshell for me.

• Love 18

I had twins for my 1st pg, so I looked pretty much like Jill. Then my 2nd pg I actually lost weight in the 1st trimester, but by the end was as big as my twin pg! The OB said don't worry, that's just the way you carry your pregnancies.

I don't think Jill's style has changed from pre marriage to pg. Doubled up tees? Check. Long knit skirt? Check. Sandals? Check. The only difference is in the tightness of the shirt.

I don't think she looks terrible. Just needs to buy looser tops. Then again, I don't really care about fashion so much.

My snarking is mainly her clinginess to DerickDillard & her inability to do anything independently without him (or let him do something by himself). The photo of him as Pistol Pete or whatever the name is, with Jill an arm's length away, makes me ragey.

• Love 1

I actually wonder if they still do things like yell Nike. There are so many things that they once did that they've stopped doing, and so many things that they've replaced that are equally odd (such as the courting rules and insisting those are chosen by each couple, for instance) that it's hard to keep up with what their particular weirdnesses are.

Edited by GEML
  • Love 3

I really, really want Richard James. Simply because they'll have no idea why Rick James would be a hilarious nickname. And then maybe the kid'll Google his own name one day and one of Rick James' music videos will pop up. *evil grin*

I hope that TLC is still filming when Baby Dilly says his first words.  And I want those words to be "I'm Rick James, bitch!"

Bonus points if those words are directed towards Michelle.

• Love 8

I'll be honest, my reason for being so hard on these two are bc I just don't like 'em. I really don't like giggly goody two shoes snitchy Jill. I used to like Derick until we saw how much he started drinking the Duggar Kool-Aid this season coupled with catgate.

Sums it up for me, too.  A lot of things I'd let slide with people I like piss me the hell off with Jill and Derick.  I liked Jill so much more when she was single, and Derick so much more before he got married to her.  Like Ben and Jessa, they too seem to bring out the worst in each other.

I had another dream about Baby Dilly.  This time it was surprise twins - a girl they named Grace was in the oven along with The Second Coming they were already expecting.  I need this kid to be born so I can stop dreaming about Duggars. 

• Love 2

I'm not talk about inexpensive, off the rack clothes though. I've seen Kate wear cute sweaters and skinny jeans with plain sneakers. I am talking about the more casual clothes we see Jill and the average pregnant woman wearing while running errands - plain t-shirts, stretchy skirts, etc. Not every pregnant woman wants to dress like Kate, nor do they have a reason to do so. Kate can't wear a t-shirt and sweats to go out and about - she would get slaughtered in the press for that. I think the criticism about Jill's attire is a little odd, but that's just my opinion. Her style isn't that bad. I wouldn't wear it, but I don't think she looks sloppy, dirty, and unkempt. I'll agree to disagree.

I see, no, you're right about that, she wouldn't wear stuff like that in public anyway.

As for Jill, meh.

Yup. Jill is a clinger. But how could she not be? She has been brought up to believe men can't be trusted - they need a "Nike" alert simply when walking down the street to protect them. Jill appears to fully subscribe to these beliefs on the TH. She must see it as risky to have her new hubby be out in the world on his own. I wouldn't be surprised if she felt it was her duty to be with him as much as possible, chauffeur to work, checking in, etc. I think having a husband with a regular job will be a bigger challenge than motherhood for her.

• Love 3

To be fair to Jill, she doesn't have a team of stylists, make-up artists and publicists who spend hours crafting her classy but "aw shucks, she's just like us" image the way Kate Middleton does. Other than her too-long hair, I thought Jill looked really good during her pregnancy.

I'll be honest, my reason for being so hard on these two are bc I just don't like 'em. I really don't like giggly goody two shoes snitchy Jill. I used to like Derick until we saw how much he started drinking the Duggar Kool-Aid this season coupled with catgate. Then there's their awkward physical relationship and the fact that Jill is so desperate to be around him that she makes 3 round trip visits to Walmart to "maximize our time together". Oh brother! Well, that's it in a nutshell for me.

Same for me. Jill has probably been my least favorite Duggar daughter all along. I was hoping when Derick came in the picture, my feelings would change but it's only reinforced them.

Yup. Jill is a clinger. But how could she not be? She has been brought up to believe men can't be trusted - they need a "Nike" alert simply when walking down the street to protect them. Jill appears to fully subscribe to these beliefs on the TH. She must see it as risky to have her new hubby be out in the world on his own. I wouldn't be surprised if she felt it was her duty to be with him as much as possible, chauffeur to work, checking in, etc. I think having a husband with a regular job will be a bigger challenge than motherhood for her.

She claims to do all those things so they can spend more time together & maybe she has Derick believing that. But I'm with you, I think it's more of a Keeping an eye on him & protecting him from the big bad outside of Duggarland world. When she first talked about it when they came home from their little cocooned honeymoon, it was like a lightbulb went off her head. She realized he would be gone 9-5 everyday & be around people and things that weren't 100% Duggar (or Jilly) approved.

• Love 6

She claims to do all those things so they can spend more time together & maybe she has Derick believing that. But I'm with you, I think it's more of a Keeping an eye on him & protecting him from the big bad outside of Duggarland world. When she first talked about it when they came home from their little cocooned honeymoon, it was like a lightbulb went off her head. She realized he would be gone 9-5 everyday & be around people and things that weren't 100% Duggar (or Jilly) approved.

How effing sad is that? He's a 25 year old man, he's been nothing but a good husband to her and she doesn't trust him to have a lunch hour in the middle of the day. I know this has been brought up time and again, but I just can't understand how someone that grew up with a normal amount of freedom and autonomy would want to be babysat by his wife. There's clearly very little trust in that marriage, which I think will bother him in the long run.

I wonder if Jilly is going to continue to stalk her husband once Baby Dilly hits the scene? What if he's not a good sleeper? Would she wake him up, just so she could spend DerickDillard's lunch with him? Or is Jana going to come over 3 times per day?

Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 4

How's Jill gong to trot an infant to that cafeteria every day? Do other people even sit with them (no!). They better buy an RV or touring bus so Jill and baby Jesus II can sit in the parking lot all day, with a telescope pointed at Derricks cubicle. He probably has to hold her hand under the door when he goes to the bathroom, too.

If they made 2-3k a pop doing speaking engagements (plus love offerings), that world Replace Derrick's income and let them be together all the time.

Remember the episode of the twilight zone where a crook dies and goes to heaven, living a life of total pleasure and luxury, with everything set up for him to win, only to find out he's in hell? I think that's how this marriage will go for Derrick in a couple years.

• Love 9