Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Has Jill had 3 C-sections and gallbladder surgery?

Yes, and her gallbladder surgery was just prior to her 6 week checkup.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

In her book, Jill said she wanted a lot of kids.  I'm sure if it was up to her she would have several children.  But I would think Derick might be more realistic about how many they can reasonably afford to take care of.

• Like 11
15 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

The little casket and the flowers were so beautiful and tasteful.  Thankfully no comparison to the ammo can.

It really did look quite lovely.  I hope having the service was helpful for them.

• Like 23
(edited)

Jill released more pictures. They released pink balloons. Looks like a lot of the Duggar clan was there, including Jim Bob. I am posting these, even though you can see boy's faces in the group picture, because Jill did post them. If it's not right, a mod can remove them..

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

Edited by Madtown
  • Like 6

I'm surprised to see so much black clothing.  Most Southern funerals I have been to, everyone wears church clothes.  They may wear more muted colors unless the deceased specifically requested everyone wear a particular color, but usually you don't see everyone in black.  

I'm glad they were able to have the service and I'm glad a lot of people tuned out to support them.

• Like 15

Jill posted more pics about this on her Instagram page. Some of the comments were not kind. Like she's being too dramatic and basically stop posting about it. Like wow people. She's grieving. Let her do it in her own way. If she posts again about it, stfu and leave her alone. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stevie Nicks said:

Jill posted more pics about this on her Instagram page. Some of the comments were not kind. Like she's being too dramatic and basically stop posting about it. Like wow people. She's grieving. Let her do it in her own way. If she posts again about it, stfu and leave her alone. 

It's her Instagram page, she can do what she likes with it.  People don't have to read it.

• Like 21
5 hours ago, Notabug said:

I think it's obvious from the photos why this hit Jill so hard.  She was very visibly pregnant and obviously very happy about it.  If she needs to keep talking about her loss, then, she's entitled.

One of my nephews died at age 5 years ago and my sister had many people say insensitive and even rude, things to her in the aftermath.  Stuff like 'I'm sure you wish he hadn't been an only child' or 'You're young, you'll have more'.  One person, a friend of hers, actually said a few months after the accident; 'You really need to get over this 'Erik thing'.  My sister informed her that she never intended to get over her 'Erik thing' but was instead abandoning their 'friendship thing'.  If you don't know what to say, don't say anything at all.

Agree, they said "4 months" -  that could be 16- 20 weeks. A tragic loss and she is clearly deep in grief. If she wants to post about it every day from now on she most certainly can. She's posted a carousel of funeral/loss pictures for seven days straight now. And while that seems unusual to some - it is her page and her process and most certainly her right.

That being said other Duggars have been accused of monetizing their grief through great public display. I would never personally post on a grieving mothers page - but I think that might be the root of some of the comments. If she were not a Duggar perhaps people would leave it alone more.  Today's post seems to have the comments turned off - thankfully.

• Like 19
  • Love 1
(edited)

It doesn't bother me that Jill is posting about her grief.  She was used to growing up with cameras, so this is normal for her.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 12

I think one thing SM has improved is talking about subject matters that might have been kept quiet, or at least kept within smaller circles. Things like pregnancy loss, mental health and the #metoo movement.

Personally, I think there is a fine line between sharing and honoring a story to where it starts to feel like something else. That holds true whether one is famous or not. With that said everyone's 'line' is different.

I feel bad that Jill's loss has been compounded by negative comments on her IG page. But as she mentioned in her book she knows some of the drawbacks of living in the public eye.

• Like 11
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Agreed. I know sometimes people are trying to be well-meaning and just blurt out awkward things as a result, but after my uncle was killed in a tragic car accident a few years ago, I grew so tired of people trying to be philosophical about it. The best condolence I received was from a family friend who said something along the lines of "This is just terrible. I'm so sorry it happened. I don't know what else to say, but if you need anything, don't hesitate to let me know."

I have always thought that when people philosophize about someone else's loss, they are actually trying to console themselves that such a tragedy could never happen to them or their loved ones. Sadly, they are wrong. Losses come to all of us. 

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Zella said:

Agreed. I know sometimes people are trying to be well-meaning and just blurt out awkward things as a result, but after my uncle was killed in a tragic car accident a few years ago, I grew so tired of people trying to be philosophical about it. The best condolence I received was from a family friend who said something along the lines of "This is just terrible. I'm so sorry it happened. I don't know what else to say, but if you need anything, don't hesitate to let me know."

Yeah, acknowledge the loss, say something nice/personal about why you'll always remember the person who has died and offer any help you can.

'I'm sorry your mom died so suddenly.  She always had such a great sense of style, I loved seeing her outfits at church on Sunday.  Can I help with anything?  

If there's something you KNOW they will need help with like mowing the lawn or getting groceries or meals; then just jump in and tell them what you can offer.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If anyone is looking for a unique gift for their mom, Jill is offering 20% off Cameos for Mother's Day.

That's still a thing? I haven't heard of anyone doing that in at least a couple of years.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That's still a thing? I haven't heard of anyone doing that in at least a couple of years.

I guess it is seeing as Jill is offering discounts.

A creator I follow on YT just ordered a Cameo for her dad within the last few weeks.  He loves English singer Lucy Thomas, and he's currently going through some tough health issues.  You could just see how much it meant to him.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 2
14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If anyone is looking for a unique gift for their mom, Jill is offering 20% off Cameos for Mother's Day.

Desperation. That’s sad. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, awaken said:

Desperation. That’s sad. 

Tons of celebrities do Cameos.  It's an easy way to make a few bucks and takes very little time.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 9
On 5/8/2024 at 2:19 AM, Gemma Violet said:

Tons of celebrities do Cameos.  It's an easy way to make a few bucks and takes very little time.

I mean, essentially its just a video autograph. 567110eople used to send letters to their fave celebs asking for autographed headshots, Same kind of thing 

• Mind Blown 1
(edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 5:27 PM, sixlets said:

A creator I follow on YT just ordered a Cameo for her dad within the last few weeks.  He loves English singer Lucy Thomas, and he's currently going through some tough health issues.  You could just see how much it meant to him.

I tried to get my husband to gift me one with Bill Mumy (Lost in Space) and he said no. He knows I have had a crush on the guy since I was a kid and said it was a waste of money. He did buy me his autobiography. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I tried to get my husband to gift me one with Bill Mumy (Lost in Space) and he said no. He knows I have had a crush on the guy since I was a kid and said it was a waste of money. He did buy me his autobiography. 

I remember him from The Twilight Zone, in a couple of episodes.  He's cute!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, precious pupp said:

I remember him from The Twilight Zone, in a couple of episodes.  He's cute!

Yes, he was Anthony who banished people to the cornfield. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I tried to get my husband to gift me one with Bill Mumy (Lost in Space) and he said no.

Do you follow his Facebook page?  His kids and grandkids look just like him.

• Useful 6
13 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Do you follow his Facebook page?  His kids and grandkids look just like him.

Yes, I do and yes, they do! I think his son looks like his wife, but his daughter has always looked just like him. She played "Anthony's" daughter in a Twilight Zone sequel to It's a Good Life. 

• Useful 3

I've not looked into the property stuff for a few years, but Rogers is generally considered a more desirable residential area than Springdale and it's not uncommon for people to live in one of the NWA metro cities and commute to another. So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are living in Rogers, despite the restaurant closure.

• Useful 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Zella said:

I've not looked into the property stuff for a few years, but Rogers is generally considered a more desirable residential area than Springdale and it's not uncommon for people to live in one of the NWA metro cities and commute to another. So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they are living in Rogers, despite the restaurant closure.

That's interesting information. No doubt because of the TLC slant on the Duggars as rubes from the country, I think of both those cities as small towns. But I looked it up. Springdale's population is north of 87,000, and Rogers is listed at 72,999 (you'd think they could have found one more nose to count to round that up). 

Not big cities but not tiny backwaters either. IMO small cities, perhaps.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

That's interesting information. No doubt because of the TLC slant on the Duggars as rubes from the country, I think of both those cities as small towns. But I looked it up. Springdale's population is north of 87,000, and Rogers is listed at 72,999 (you'd think they could have found one more nose to count to round that up). 

Not big cities but not tiny backwaters either. IMO small cities, perhaps.

Yeah the entire NWA metro area is over half a million. Fayetteville, Springdale, Rogers, and Bentonville all have their own identities, but their physical boundaries just bleed into each other. It overtook Ft. Smith as the second largest metro area in the state, and that actually seems to have created some tension. For instance, the news channels all relocated their headquarters from Ft. Smith to NWA in the past several years. I've seen a lot of people in the River Valley complain about that on social media.

NWA is growing fast, so I'm sure those numbers will continue to increase. And the housing market is nuts there now because of it. I have a friend who was recently trying to buy in the area, and she said even with a budget of around $500k, she kept having houses bought out from under her sight unseen and with inspections waived by the purchasers. In fact, during the storm coverage this weekend, the one metereologist kept stressing that he realized people may be new to the area and not know what to do. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Useful 9

Cathy DB hasn't posted for some time, Amy posted a reel of some of the damage but I don't know what area, and Deena is posting about Haiti.

I wonder if Jill means the areas of her family and friends were impacted by the damage around them, but not them directly.

• Useful 4

Isn't Deena, Derick's sister in law, in Harrison? That's a couple of counties over from Rogers. My understanding is that the storms got deadly again further east of there. So, she may well not have any damage and isn't dealing with widespread power outages. 

• Useful 7
52 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think Jill referred to Cathy, since we can rule out Amy.

Do you mean rule her out as far as damage to her home? I didn’t know she said anything.

58 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Do you mean rule her out as far as damage to her home? I didn’t know she said anything.

Amy did a reel of damage but said nothing about her own home. Since Amy is Amy I think we can assume her home is fine.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Amy did a reel of damage but said nothing about her own home. Since Amy is Amy I think we can assume her home is fine.

Yup, that's what I meant. 👍

• Like 4
  • LOL 1