Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Bridget said:

I just read her obituary and clicked on the attached link for the GoFundMe that is meant to support her surviving children and husband.

The GFM goal amount is one million dollars.

Any sign of donations from the Duggars? We all know how generous they are! Wasn’t he-who-we-don’t-name giving $$$ to some widow lady and she wrote a letter praising him before his sentencing?

• LOL 12
On 8/6/2023 at 11:26 AM, Meow Mix said:

I'm chasing people off my lawn as well.  I am sick of GoFundMe culture at this point.  Whatever happens, someone has set up a GoFundMe page.  In this instance, I'm particularly leery because as stated, someone could just list the charities the woman supported and tell people they could make memorial donations themselves.  That's certainly what my mother and I did when people asked if there was some place my father would have liked people to donate to when he passed away.  GoFundMe doesn't check to ensure the money goes to where the fundraiser says it's going, so I can see some skimming off the top happening.  That's why I don't give to GoFundMe appeals unless I know the person really well and know the money will go to the stated cause or goal.  And for charities, I give directly to the charity rather than someone's fundraising page.

Yes, like that family we know... started with affording preschool for their child, then it was to publish a book, then to move, then to buy a house..... they could use money right now but so far, there isn't anything new up. I  think their friends are tapped out. They did ask for some help on social media. 

In other cases, I don't trust that the money is going to be used as they are saying. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 10
8 hours ago, Panopticon said:

And she does look pretty. It’s always been mildly interesting to me that all nine Duggar sisters are quite pretty (awkward phases aside) but have a variety of looks. Meanwhile their brothers are interchangeable. 

I agree that all of the Duggar girls are pretty, but to me they all look alike. Not identical mind you but certainly related the way people who share biological parents often tend to look. 

As far as the boys being interchangeable, that might be down to style, self expression (which boys are allowed little of in this cultural group) and the fact that most of the boys were still quite young when the show stopped airing. Josiah had a distinct exuberant personality for the longest, he and Lauren chose to leave social media (which I don’t blame them for) so we don’t get to see it. I always saw Joe as a peacemaker and “leader” of the middle kids. 

• Like 8

I always wondered what was that long hair, man bun stage about. It had to be important to him because he didn’t get a haircut for his role as best man at his only brother’s wedding. Was he on the outs with JB at that point? Was it rebelling against the Gothard nonsense edict about close cropped hair? 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, SMama said:

I always wondered what was that long hair, man bun stage about. It had to be important to him because he didn’t get a haircut for his role as best man at his only brother’s wedding. Was he on the outs with JB at that point? Was it rebelling against the Gothard nonsense edict about close cropped hair? 

IIRC, Derick had two or three long-hair stages.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, SMama said:

This longer greasy hair and man bun phase seemed to be around the same time they were involved in the "very dangerous, overseas missions work". Which would be somewhat near the same time they claim they found out about the contract and had to keep flying back for filming, or weddings, or any random thing.

I have always thought it was Derick's attempt to get fired from the show by JB or TLC for appearing non conforming to the duggar standards. I don't think JB had any power to allow or not allow derick on the show once the contract was signed and TLC most likely didn't give a damn about his hair and the grungy style seemed to be trying for.

If he was stuck doing the show. I can totally see Derick coming up with a plan to be non duggarish. The episode of Derick running and vomiting though... that was odd to say the least.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7

Probably I am not recalling the timeline right then. But it seems around the same time.

from People

"Derick donned a shorter hairdo when he asked Jill to enter into courtship with him in May 2014, but now he appears to be growing out his hair while serving in Central America as a missionary.

The couple will star in season 2 of Counting On, which is set to premiere Aug. 23 at 8 p.m. ET on TLC."

From one of the silly Duggar blogs

Friday, February 24, 2017

"No More Hippie Hair"

"Jill and Derick Dillard returned to Central America last week after a six-month stay in Arkansas, but before boarding the airplane, they did something that might surprise you.

Towards the end of 2015, Derick began growing his hair out and kept it long for more than a year, as fans expressed varying opinions on his new style.
Well, the soon-to-be-28-year-old decided it was time to trim his long locks. His lovely wife, Jill Dillard, did the honors."

as far as the contract - yahoo story after SHP

"Jill and Derick tried to put their foot down by refusing to come back from a mission trip to film. However, they were told they had to come back. When they said no, Jim Bob sent them a signature page that Jill allegedly signed, but Derick claimed it was a fraud."

🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

The episode of Derick running and vomiting though... that was odd to say the least.

You really had to remind us of that..... that was so gross.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

IIRC, they did a whole episode, or at least a segment of an episode, all about Derick's vomiting.

They did, and it was weird. They even filmed the doctor's appointment where Jill wouldn't let Derick speak for himself about his symptoms.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

IIRC, they did a whole episode, or at least a segment of an episode, all about Derick's vomiting.

I can still picture it, much to my dismay.  Running and vomiting and stopping on the side of the road to vomit some more.

I would rather be filmed giving birth on a toilet than vomiting under any circumstances. I mean, I'd never do either, but the idea of vomiting on camera and then talking about it is horrifying to me on an existential level.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I would rather be filmed giving birth on a toilet than vomiting under any circumstances. I mean, I'd never do either, but the idea of vomiting on camera and then talking about it is horrifying to me on an existential level.

I'm not sure that is a better option! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

This longer greasy hair and man bun phase seemed to be around the same time they were involved in the "very dangerous, overseas missions work". Which would be somewhat near the same time they claim they found out about the contract and had to keep flying back for filming, or weddings, or any random thing.

I have always thought it was Derick's attempt to get fired from the show by JB or TLC for appearing non conforming to the duggar standards. I don't think JB had any power to allow or not allow derick on the show once the contract was signed and TLC most likely didn't give a damn about his hair and the grungy style seemed to be trying for.

If he was stuck doing the show. I can totally see Derick coming up with a plan to be non duggarish. The episode of Derick running and vomiting though... that was odd to say the least.

That’s exactly what I would’ve done, so I can’t fault him if this is the case. 🤣

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

Derick had the long hair when they got back from Danger America in July of 2016.  I half expected JB to meet him at the airport with a weed whacker to cut that mess off.  He sported the man bun until shortly before they left for the short stint in Danger America in February 2017.  

As for the vomiting, a lot of people around that time were airing various mysterious health conditions on reality TV because of the experience of a couple of people (one on HGTV I believe) who had had health care workers reach out to them regarding in one case a lump on the guy's neck that indicated a thyroid problem.  So, several people thought that their medical issue might be seen by someone watching who could tell them what it was and get a diagnosis.  I'm not sure if Derick went to a real doctor off camera because on camera he went to that Fedosky quack who had his license pulled because he was dealing pain pills and taking them too.  Also, Fedosky's wife was the midwife who beat feet out the back door when Jessa was bleeding after giving birth to Spurgeon.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

As for the vomiting, a lot of people around that time were airing various mysterious health conditions on reality TV because of the experience of a couple of people (one on HGTV I believe) who had had health care workers reach out to them regarding in one case a lump on the guy's neck that indicated a thyroid problem.

That was some years ago with Christina and then husband Tarek El Moussa on Flip or Flop, and a viewer noticed a growth.  It turned out to be thyroid cancer that was successfully treated.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Worse, Teresa Fedosky wasn't even a licensed midwife, just a doula. She did become licensed later, but had her license revoked, unsure why. 

In 2021 she screwed up the birth of her own grandchild.  She let her daughter-in-law labor for 3-4 days, and the baby died 30 minutes after the birth due to breathing difficulties.

I've been looking but haven't found the name of Joy's midwife who failed to notice Gideon's breech position, and only sent her to the hospital after 20 hours of labor.  I've wondered if Gideon's problems might be related to his birth.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 8
5 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

In 2021 she screwed up the birth of her own grandchild.  She let her daughter-in-law labor for 3-4 days, and the baby died 30 minutes after the birth due to breathing difficulties.

I've been looking but haven't found the name of Joy's midwife who failed to notice Gideon's breech position, and only sent her to the hospital after 20 hours of labor.  I've wondered if Gideon's problems might be related to his birth.

Oh that's right! I'd forgotten that tragic story. 

Don't recall the name of Joy's midwife, but I DO recall Jill, another trained midwife, was also present. Neither of them figured out he was transverse. Thank goodness Joy went directly to the hospital with her subsequent births. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6
11 hours ago, P2C2E said:

Honestly this pizza looks great. The kids pizzas look like they made them themselves which is exactly what I'd expect for homemade pizza night. We make pizza a lot at home as well and it looks very similar. I'd happily eat this.

Me too!

• Like 13
13 hours ago, P2C2E said:

Honestly this pizza looks great. The kids pizzas look like they made them themselves which is exactly what I'd expect for homemade pizza night. We make pizza a lot at home as well and it looks very similar. I'd happily eat this.

And when kids help out in the kitchen, especially making something they will eat, sometimes they have better eating  habits. I think with the garden, those kids probably eat pretty well and a good variety, as opposed to the poor Rod kids.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 16