Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

We're using IBLP, duh!

No way Jill tolerates ANYTHING resembling critical thinking or actual fact sin that house. hell, Derick wen to college and can't, or won't think critically. Their best chance at success would be to go to public school

I noticed Shiloh Christian School discounts tuition for Cross church members and offers even more of a tuition break to full time ministry families. For Iz and Sam's sake, I hope this is Dill's plan. Yeah I know, hope springs eternal.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 11
54 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I noticed Shiloh Christian School discounts tuition for Cross church members and offers even more of a tuition break to full time ministry families. For Iz and Sam's sake, I hope this is Dill's plan. Yeah I know, hope springs eternal.

And OSU might do a legacy admission. Not that they'll be able to afford tuition in 16 years...

Why is he such a wimp ass when it comes to saying something about his OWN LIFE or his OWN FAMILY?

What a Dominating Leader Man Of The World!

Cathy, by the way, needs to shut the fuck up. What a smug, snotty old bag. Reading her little sugar-coated acidic tweets, I can see how her son turned out to be such a little bitch.

Crab apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I think Derick Dad was the stabilizing, normalizing, not-so-religious force in his life. With him gone their inner id is running amok.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why can't you just answer the damn question Derick? Do you have to schedule a meeting with Jim Bob first to find out if how your kids are going to be educated before you can answer? Or are you waiting hear what your mommy has to say before you respond?

Cathy, by the way, needs to shut the fuck up. What a smug, snotty old bag. Reading her little sugar-coated acidic tweets, I can see how her son turned out to be such a little bitch.

Yes, he must check with Daddy Boob and Mommy Cathy because he is a clueless, gutless, obligate parasite.

Like mother like son, two little bitches in a pod. 

• Love 15
21 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

And OSU might do a legacy admission. Not that they'll be able to afford tuition in 16 years...

My alma mater considers legacies but at the end of the day if your GPA and ACT aren’t high enough you’re not getting in. My daughter learned the hard way despite having 3 generations of alumni (plus a football letterman dad). 

Note: Not Oklahoma State but a state university so it may vary some. 

• Love 3

Unless the Dillards move to Oklahoma, they would have to pay out-of-state tuition for Israel to attend OSU.  That tuition is twice as much and he would also have to pay for room and board.  If they stay in Springdale, he could live at home and attend the University of Arkansas if he could meet the entrance requirements. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

My alma mater considers legacies but at the end of the day if your GPA and ACT aren’t high enough you’re not getting in. My daughter learned the hard way despite having 3 generations of alumni (plus a football letterman dad). 

Yeah, Oklahoma State seems to big to do legacy admissions for the children of ordinary students.  If Derrick was some star athlete or a multi-millionaire, I could see it.

4 hours ago, Triple P said:

I am concerned that Deena is capitalizing Random Words. I hope she Will not be Jill Rodrigues 2.0 in social media posts (smile!).

It was written in the form of a poem on her post. I guess c/p truncated it. 

Israel is almost three years old, let’s see how he is doing in five years with homeschooling. Derick has turned out to be nothing but a follower, and now he has his mommy defending homeschooling. I just don’t see Boob going along with Cathy teaching the kids. It’s Jill’s job and she is highly educated by their standards. Sadly I don’t see a solid primary let alone post secondary education for the Dullard children. I do hope they prove me wrong, but we have witnessed the caliber of Jill’s education. FFS the girl struggled articulating Derick’s undergraduate degree.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, AUgirl said:

Yeah, I was just thinking that'd likely be the only way one of their kids would get in, and that's a long shot,  

2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Honestly I didn't think Cathy's response was that bad. I'm somewhat relieved to read Derick that isn't on the ATI bandwagon. 

For me, it wasn’t what she wrote, it was where. And the person was commenting on Jill homeschooling, not Cathy. For me, it grates when she chimes in. 

Personally, I have liked my children‘s Facebook posts (not all though) If it’s a conversational type thing that has nothing to do with me, if my child is seemingly intelligent on the subject or sounds a bit wacky, I don’t comment, but I have private messaged them. ? I don’t do Twitter so that’s my example.

• Love 5

Sorry Cathy, but after seeing how Derick has turned out and wasting his college education, you would be the last person I would turn to homeschool my child (yes, I do not have a child, but still...) I am not saying homeschooling is terrible and should never be done, but Cathy jumping and saying she could help parents with their child's homeschooling is nothing but a joke. Her own son needs help, and she is too darn blind to see it.

7 hours ago, Booking It said:

I was worried it would be non-gendered.

Or hermaphrodite.

For whomever asked about the random capitalizations in the announcement, I think it's supposed to be a poem, but they didn't break it into lines.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why can't Derick ever just answer a question or make a definitive statement regarding an area of doubt? He's always so snidely passive in his responses. It's not like the guy doesn't know how to express an opinion ... Lord knows how judgmental and mouthy he is when it comes to other people. Why is he such a wimp ass when it comes to saying something about his OWN LIFE or his OWN FAMILY?

Why can't you just answer the damn question Derick? Do you have to schedule a meeting with Jim Bob first to find out if how your kids are going to be educated before you can answer? Or are you waiting hear what your mommy has to say before you respond?

Once again, you've hit the nail on the head Celia Rubenstein!

Why not just say "Yes" or "No" about using ATI? It hardly matters -- Derick is a giant liar anyway, so it's not like him saying something would make it true.

It's all about how "persecuted" he is for his beliefs. People are "judging" him for using ATI. People are "judging" him for begging for money for a fake mission. Mr. Judgy McJudgerson is all butt-hurt because people are judging him unfairly and assuming things about him that may not be 100% true. So sad!!!!

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Once again, you've hit the nail on the head Celia Rubenstein!

Why not just say "Yes" or "No" about using ATI? It hardly matters -- Derick is a giant liar anyway, so it's not like him saying something would make it true.

It's all about how "persecuted" he is for his beliefs. People are "judging" him for using ATI. People are "judging" him for begging for money for a fake mission. Mr. Judgy McJudgerson is all butt-hurt because people are judging him unfairly and assuming things about him that may not be 100% true. So sad!!!!

Derick makes A LOT of assumptions and judgement about other people that he has never met. 

He assumed a lot about Jazz's parents, didn't he? I don't have a child like Jazz so I'm going to shut my mouth and give her parents the benefit of the doubt that they love their child no matter what gender she identifies as. 

He assumes a lot about Catholics too. He cannot know everyone's heart and their relationship with God.  Or Mormons. or Jews. or Muslims and his  tacky evangelism. 

Derick assumes the worst about everyone and is highly annoying about it too. 

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why can't Derick ever just answer a question or make a definitive statement regarding an area of doubt? He's always so snidely passive in his responses. It's not like the guy doesn't know how to express an opinion ... Lord knows how judgmental and mouthy he is when it comes to other people. Why is he such a wimp ass when it comes to saying something about his OWN LIFE or his OWN FAMILY?

#love #bestfriend #courtingmywaytomarriage #bestwifeytobeever #spotonsnarker #swoonmaker #allmine #masterofwords #fuckyourselfdillards #geerubenstein #celiagolly #ohhappyme

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I read Cathy’s response differently. To me,she’s saying she has mentored aspiring college students as a consultant. She’s then offering to do the same for the posters’ child. I don’t find that insulting.  

I find it hard to take Cathy's offer to help the poster with homeschooling her kids seriously.  I think it's insincere and condescending as hell, to be honest. She knows damn well this person has no interest in her stinking help.  She's trying to come off as being above it all and oh-so-gracious.  But all she's showing (me) is her sense of superiority. YMMV.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

#love #bestfriend #courtingmywaytomarriage #bestwifeytobeever #spotonsnarker #swoonmaker #allmine #masterofwords #fuckyourselfdillards #geerubenstein #celiagolly #ohhappyme

Let's set a date already! I'm free Valentine's day!

• Love 19
23 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Deena Dillard is knocked up. Due 9/3 per this post. 

What took them so long?!

im curious, is deena college educated, and does she have a career?  Or has she stayed home since marriage waiting to become “expecting”?

Edited by awaken
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, awaken said:

What took them so long?!

im curious, is deena college educated, and does she have a career?  Or has she stayed home since marriage waiting to become “expecting”?

Deena has a job. I forget what it is, but she did post about it on IG a few months ago. Now, will she continue working after the baby is born? I guess time will tell just how different Dan and Deena are from Derelict and Jill. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Her name's not Deanna, autocorrect!
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Deena has a job. I forget what it is, but she did post about it on IG a few months ago. Now, will she continue working after the baby is born? I guess time will tell just how different Dan and Deena are from Derelict and Jill. 

Deena's Grammar isn't much Better than Jilly's. I'm sick of Random Capitalizations. 

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It was written out as a poem with proper lines. I don't know what happened to it when I copied it. 

You didn't do it, Sew.  Sometimes when copy/pasting from one platform to another the text transfers but the formatting doesn't come with them.  @Heathen, if you click on Deena's instagram and look at it there, you'll see that it's not random at all.

• Love 1

Miss Cathy and Derick are arrogant bullies. 

I wonder what Jill and the other Duggar 19 think when folks are publicly questioning their education. Have they already experienced situations where they've felt they lacked knowledge? Does this add to it? Are they now questioning it too? Combine this Tweet with the feedback of Jessa's shaps video, I'm thinking it must raise some doubts.

Cathy's Tweet indirectly defending Jill actually makes it worse to me. Most folks realize they're are many well educated homeschoolers, its the Duggars' education that folks are doubting, not homeschooling in general. And Cathy couldn't even say her DIL had a solid education.

The Duggars have shown videos of kids gathered around the table, with some kids sleeping, learning about bankruptcy, learning the word perpendicular while kids 15 and under are holding drills, flashcards being taught way below grade level and Jessa wrangling kids to do worksheets and computer work without any instruction.

Jessa's video of Spurgie is unremarkable to me. One of my kids could name dinosaurs by sight before his second birthday and another, who had very sensitive skin had the words Benadryl, calamine and cortisone in her vocabulary during her toddler years. Folks were impressed, but really, again all unremarkable because kids are learning from the moment they're born.

The Duggars have given folks evidence their education was weak at best. Derick and Cathy should sit down and shut up.

And glory be, yes @Celia Rubenstein, Valentine's Day is perfect.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, EVS said:

If I were the person Cathy posted that response to, I would then respond something like, “ Thank you so much for your offer to help me homeschool. If I decide to teach my child to be an ignorant, misogynistic grifter, I will certainly ask for your help.”

Cathy just stop.

• Love 15

The apple does not fall far from the tree. Not everyone expects people to be a grafter like her lazy obnoxious know it all son and asks people to donate to help him out. I mean really...She does not believe in student loans, but she does not mind what her son is doing. People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Edited by bigskygirl
Need to be short and to the point.
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Well, Derick’s tweet confirmed my suspicion that he really misses college. If he weren’t such an ignorant, hateful little gangly stick person, I would probably feel sorry for him.

He could always go back to OSU for grad school....but he may have to take out student loans and Mommy wouldn't like that.  Never mind that a master's degree or MBA (or getting the 30 hours he probably needs to take the CPA exam) would lead to a much more lucrative career than Jesus-grifting for his "ministry." (It would also require actual work, too, so....never mind.)  Just keeping setting up your Go Fund Me pages and Duggar Family Ministries donate buttons. 

I loved college so much that I went back for two graduate degrees.  And while I do have some small student loans from undergrad (at a top-tier, private R1 university, which gave me a 90% scholarship), I did both graduate degrees loan free as I had TAships and worked (at times, up to three part-time jobs at once) while going to grad school. I now work in higher ed because I loved college so much. Derrick, there IS a way to be part of a college campus for most of your life...but it takes work.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 20

What would he do with Jill. She would want to be glued to his side, he would have no private time to study, plus all those heathen female college students would be too much of a temptation for him because all the girls would be crazy for him (try typing the last part with a straight face.)

I'm confused. I just know know there is an insult implied in the way she throws this question about student loans out to the poster on Twitter

"Yep, no student loans, a happy marriage, and I've never had cancer. Top that Cathy!"

I always think of the best comebacks the next day, in the shower.

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

What would he do with Jill. She would want to be glued to his side, he would have no private time to study, plus all those heathen female college students would be too much of a temptation for him because all the girls would be crazy for him (try typing the last part with a straight face.)

Too bad Jill can't take some adult education classes, get her HiSET/GED and go to college eventually, too. Sigh....

My friend who didn't finish high school or get her HiSET/GED needed a quick skill/education so she could support herself right away after her divorce.  She was able to attend CNA school and take the test (which she passed), without a high school diploma or equivalency.  Jill could even do that and work in some capacity in health care.  She could even be a CNA in a mother-baby ward.  But that would require work....(and we can't expect Derrick to take care of the babies while he tweets and plays at minisitering). 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Too bad Jill can't take some adult education classes, get her HiSET/GED and go to college eventually, too. Sigh....

Her home fooling at the table education is good enough for her. Why try to expand her education because we all know the Duggar education system beats the real world education system Plus the fact we know she would be whining and complaining about taking care of Izzy and Sam while trying to study and go to class. I mean come on we cannot expect her to take care of her own children by herself can we. *sarcasm folks sarcasm*

10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick's bad joke is even worse because plastic water bottles were very rare and very expensive back in the 50s. It would have been cheaper to buy your kid a toy.

Exactly. He's clueless.

• Love 6