Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, sometimesy said:

I could be wrong, but isn't the reason the Duggs & friends prefer to work for each other (or their own company), is to make sure they can participate fully in their jebus beliefs without fear of retribution, such as being fired, or demoted.

I don't think Derelict is going to worry too much about how presents himself on social media to potential employers when it's unlikely he will look beyond the church, his DONATE button or Boob.

That's probably a reason but there  is more to it than that. Back when they were listening to Gothard, it was one of his ideas.  The man  (for example JB) working for himself made him more of a patriarch and headship. It gave the father more authority and made him more of a leader. It allowed him to interact more with his large family and have a flexible schedule.  It lessened the chance he will  be defrauded by coworkers.  It also meant that people were  isolated from possibly the saner influences in the work force. There are most likely other reasons that Gothard believed in this.  I don't remember all the reasons, but the more you think about it the more it lines up with all of the rules. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Thank you. It offends me too, as I was brought up with a loving God and a Jesus who only got angry at hypocrites and money changers in the temple. The purpose of churches, ministries, and evangelism is to bring people to God, not to send them running the other way screaming with fright. People like Derick and the Duggars and many others have ruined the whole experience of church for a good many people, who were so scarred by it that they likely will never come back.

It is well documented in the four Gospels that Jesus clearly embraced all those that society shunned and marginalized and clearly had no place at the table. He also shocked the Pharisees with His feminist views and the notion that love was the higher Law.  That's the brand of Jesus these people need to be bringing.

If Derick wants to pontificate and keep to his screeds, then he needs to make his SM private.

That's really made me sit up this morning and have a thought or two. I didn't grow up with loving God - he was more like a very stern Father "I'm watching you". But it's an interesting concept - WHY would I want to go into Religion? Is it really a good idea to frighten people into it? That would make for a very interesting discussion.

What kind of job could Derick ever hold again, after all his insane ramblings? Fuck me, I wish he'd get himself to a Doctor pronto and take Jill with him while he's at it.

He's weak. He managed to pull a front for us all while he was courting, since he seemed normal on the outside, but bloody hell, did he ever show himself when married. Nobody who is normal and secure in himself would ever crumble to Dugwads "standards" like that.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

By now, Jessa and Jill at least are in their own homes where they can decide to read or watch whatever they want. Most churches and church type groups (thinking Big Sandy, Southern Women shows, etc), love to sell cook books, trade recipes, brag about who brought what to pot licks, etc. They live on Pinterest, which is 75% recipes and home making tips. Besides that, have they never gone to a restaurant, eaten something they like, and said hmmm, that looks good, I'll make that at home?

Adults not figuring out how to cut up an apple or make a simple dinner are just pathetic.

Who cuts Jill's produce in the US?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

He also gives real hugs. He might as well be Satan. 

And tolerates--nay, encourages--the depressive Eeyore. Eeyore's countenance really, really needs some work. Clearly no faith there.

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 3
On 1/14/2017 at 11:16 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I just want to buy Jill and Jessa a latte and sit down with each girl, one on one and have a heart to heart as "a wise auntie" on how to step up their public perception and that "we don't hate you...we want you to launch and fly away from this circus and do well for yourselves.  You can redeem yourselves online...all you have to do is not act like you know it all.  You're still young, so you can still have a decent education.  And, while we're at it, please no more home births. None of us wish you any ill; we only wish for you to be the fully realized adult woman that you should have been allowed to become before it was all squashed out of you..."

This is how I feel whenever I see a dead-eyed photo of any of the younger girls.  I'd like to think there's still hope for Jana, Jill, Jessa and Joy, but my hear really goes out to the younger girls - especially Johanna - for some reason.  Maybe because she's at the age where she's outgrowing the little girl stage and starting to think about what kind of woman she will be...which is probably when JB goes into overdrive squishing out any and all of those gosh-darned new-fangled ideas she might have and make it known that she is to become a husband-seeking baby machine.  So she likes softball?  Nope.  Good at math?  Noper.  Loves animals, wants to become a vet?  Nopest.  This infuriates me - to think about what each individual Duggar kid could've become had JB and Michelle had a looser grip on them.

12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They may not have been taught to cook as kids, but geez, it doesn't take rocket science to read the pictures on the back of a minute rice box. Also, millions of people aren't gourmet chefs when they first leave home, but either by trial and error, reading recipes, watching cooking shows, etc. learn to be quite good home cooks. No excuse for these adults to look at fresh veggies like they've encountered aliens.

Seriously, there's an essential chip missing in their brains if they can't cook.  I was a lousy cook when I was first married, but reading recipes is not difficult.  There's always going to be someone in the family who burns everything, but in this family it seems that none of them have a clue.  Wasn't it Jessa who wanted to put 14 pounds of butter in the Thanksgiving mashed potatoes because more butter is good for you?  They can't be that dumb.  Sheltered and repressed, yes, but there are some things that are simply common knowledge shared amongst any human being who can read.  Did Michelle train them all that cluelessness is an attractive quality to fetch a man?  If so, why can Jana do everything including hot-wire a car, shingle a roof and grow a garden and the other girls can't?

• Love 10

I wonder if they would let him have Winnie-the-Pooh. Even the Amish like Pooh Bear. 

Pooh has no pants.  Jill would need to teach izzy nike so he won't be defrauded.  So pooh is out.

Pooh is male so there is no Nike for men.  Pooh really likes to go places and give moral lectures, maybe he should consider a DONATE button?

• Love 10

Izzy is not buckled in his high chair!

Hahaha, can Jill post ONE picture where she is not having some child safety issue. 

(I realize he is probably getting down but it cracked me up anyway! Oh Jill! So many problems...)

On 1/14/2017 at 3:33 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

They say they don't listen even to contemporary Christian music.

I wonder if that is changing with the girls getting married. Doesn't Ben think he's a rapper? Plus, if Derrick and/or Jeremy listened to contemporary Christian music prior to marrying into the Duggar family, they would probably continue at home. I get the feeling that all of the married Duggars nod their head when JimBob proclaims that holy path and then do what they want in the privacy of their own homes.

Only keep those posts to like minded people.  I can't see it converting or even encouraging anybody.  It offends me, makes me angry.

Unless he's paying for ads that spam his posts to the unwary or he's figured out how to attach a worm that makes his posts pop up uninvited, reading his posts are voluntary. Given all the leghumpers that agree with him, he probably figures he is posting mainly to like minded people.

Edited by Nysha
Add another quote
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, LilJen said:

And tolerates--nay, encourages--the depressive Eeyore. Eeyore's countenance really, really needs some work. Clearly no faith there.

And what about Kanga? Is she an unwed mother or what? At the very least she is running around the Forest with not a Headship in sight! Is Roo old enough to be an accountability partner?

• Love 11

Plus, if Derrick and/or Jeremy listened to contemporary Christian music prior to marrying into the Duggar family, they would probably continue at home.

I disagree. The in-laws are forced to quickly Duggarfy themselves. I like totally doubt Jilly is rocking out to Amy Grant behind closed doors.

I get the feeling that all of the married Duggars nod their head when JimBob proclaims that holy path and then do what they want in the privacy of their own homes.

Nah, the army of child-spies keeps everyone in line.

I don't think Jeremy modified his taste in music except in Michelle and Jim Bob's presence.  I don't think Ben is changing his at home behavior much.  Derick is so far off the rails it's tough to know.  I don't know what his previous views were so can't know what/if he changed.  He does seem to have stuck to his previous church so that is a bit better than following Jim Bob around to the latest IFB interest.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I disagree. The in-laws are forced to quickly Duggarfy themselves. I like totally doubt Jilly is rocking out to Amy Grant behind closed doors.

Ooooooooh Escandalo!

Secretly rocking out to Amy Grant! That would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad, but I guess in Duggarville, that is a major transgression. I think Amy Grant's divorce and subsequent remarriage scandalized a good many of the conservative Christian base that approved of her music.

Is it even possible to "rock out" to Amy Grant? I remember her music being positive and pleasant, but it was more like easy listening/top 40, but nothing one could rock out to?

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, poopchute said:

wait, since when do the Duggars believe all men are equal?  Are they no longer anti-gay??

In their  world, only men are equal; wimmin folk, re not so much.

Are they trying to look hip and relevant? 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 5
On 1/15/2017 at 2:05 PM, Westiepeach said:

I love you.

Maybe we can be her sister wives. And I'll answer her question:

NEVER. Triple D is going to hang onto his reality TV "fame" as long as he can continue to grift from the general public, spend his days doing nothing more than growing hair and posting on social media, and thinking that his social media presence is A Blessing and will never come back to bite him in his skeletal ass.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Maybe we can be her sister wives. And I'll answer her question:

NEVER. Triple D is going to hang onto his reality TV "fame" as long as he can continue to grift from the general public, spend his days doing nothing more than growing hair and posting on social media, and thinking that his social media presence is A Blessing and will never come back to bite him in his skeletal ass.

Sure. I'm in.

23 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They may not have been taught to cook as kids, but geez, it doesn't take rocket science to read the pictures on the back of a minute rice box. Also, millions of people aren't gourmet chefs when they first leave home, but either by trial and error, reading recipes, watching cooking shows, etc. learn to be quite good home cooks. No excuse for these adults to look at fresh veggies like they've encountered aliens.

They won't be allowed to watch cooking shows. Too sinful. Their parents see ineptitude and incompetence in daily tasks as Godly.

One has to wonder what will happen when one or both parents shuffle off of this mortal coil or even one of the childults manages to overcome an unbelievable amount of brainwashing to realize that the world and everyone in it is not necessarily evil.

Spoiler: It's sure as hell not going to be Jilly Muffin. I had hopes for Triple D, but I strongly suspect he will keep the Big White Baby in the bubble, too. He wants to be in charge.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Spoiler: It's sure as hell not going to be Jilly Muffin. I had hopes for Triple D, but I strongly suspect he will keep the Big White Baby in the bubble, too. He wants to be in charge.

As Boob's favorite child, it definitely won't be Muffy. How did she get to be the favorite? By realizing that following the rules and diming out all her siblings helped her curry favor with Daddy.

26 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

As Boob's favorite child, it definitely won't be Muffy. How did she get to be the favorite? By realizing that following the rules and diming out all her siblings helped her curry favor with Daddy.

I think Jill was the Narc.

• Love 3

I think the fact that Jill and her sisters can't cook or keep house has a lot to do with TLC. When they first starting filming Jana & Jill even knew how to make homemade laundry detergent. I think just as Michelle was preparing them to take over even more jurisdictions, including more of the food prep the money started rolling in. I'm guessing TLC would send over a cleaning crew each week prior to them showing up and probably had a food spread when they were there as well.

Why Jill & Co still can't cook now is due to sheer laziness. I do not like to cook at all but I was the stay at home parent for a number of years and we all needed to eat. This was long before the internet so I used what I had already learned from my mom, experimenting, and endless phone calls to my mom. I didn't even own a cookbook and I managed to figure it out and feed my family. 

• Love 8

Was just having this conversation with my brother.  He was saying how smart our mother was to teach us all to clean, sew and cook.  Indeed, it was for her benefit, as she was lazy and clinically depressed.  OH wait, I'm also describing Michelle!  But we all know how to do what we need to.  I guess because no TLC came to our rescue. And we weren't isolated from the real world.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Was just having this conversation with my brother.  He was saying how smart our mother was to teach us all to clean, sew and cook.  Indeed, it was for her benefit, as she was lazy and clinically depressed.  OH wait, I'm also describing Michelle!  But we all know how to do what we need to.  I guess because no TLC came to our rescue. And we weren't isolated from the real world.

My mom was neither lazy nor clinically depressed, but most parents back in the day when I was coming up, felt a moral imperative to use housework and sewing/working on cars/repairs as a tool to teach useful basic skills in preparation for marriage and/or being able to live independently on one's own.

The Duggar girls have had marriage and babies and chores drummed into their heads since they could talk, so I'm surprised they're all clueless when it comes to the basics. I'm not criticizing them because they can't make Beef Wellington, but some of them don't even seem to be able to boil water.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 19

I agree @Arwen Evenstar - I did that with mine back in the day, but, that wasn't my own mother's motivation at all.  Her teaching came from her perch on the couch with her cigarettes and boxes of Mallomars and an annoyed attitude.  Fun memories.  Too bad there was no prozac back then.  But the Duggar/Dillards/Seewalds/Vuolos don't have good excuses in this modern age except for their own lack of curiosity,  bad education, and self inflicted resistance to modern technology.  Well maybe the Vuolos will be a llitte more open to it and Ben seems to be interested in some level of nutrition.  Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't limit himself as much as the Duggar/Dillards.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I agree @Arwen Evenstar - I did that with mine back in the day, but, that wasn't my own mother's motivation at all.  Her teaching came from her perch on the couch with her cigarettes and boxes of Mallomars and an annoyed attitude.  Fun memories.  Too bad there was no prozac back then.  But the Duggar/Dillards/Seewalds/Vuolos don't have good excuses in this modern age except for their own lack of curiosity,  bad education, and self inflicted resistance to modern technology.  Well maybe the Vuolos will be a llitte more open to it and Ben seems to be interested in some level of nutrition.  Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't limit himself as much as the Duggar/Dillards.

Jeremy had his own place and it was as neat as a pin. He's from an Italian family and they are all about good food. Derick had also been on his own, but in college dorm/granola/3rd world country settings. Bin was barely 18 when he got married...his bachelor pad was a shack on the Duggars back 40.

• Love 2

But guess what, Michelle?  It's part of your JOB as a mother to teach your children basic life skills.  They don't drop out of your womb knowing how to properly cook or clean.  It's not their fault that you had so many kids that you didn't have time, or energy, or motivation.  Or that you only taught Jana and then shrugged your shoulders and decided that she was enough to finish raising your kids.

Most kids are like sponges - they love to learn, especially when young.  My son is now 20 and it used to drive me nuts when, as a toddler, he would pull up a chair to the counter and want to help me stir, add spices, etc. to our dinner, when all I wanted was to quickly throw something together and move on to the next task.  But now he is a far better cook than I will ever be.  Same with him watching me iron clothes, sew a button, etc.  But it took lots of TIME.  Yes, the Duggar kids are adults and it's a shame they can't cook or clean to save their lives.  Of course they could still learn if they had the motivation.  But the motivation was squished out of them a long time ago.  And that's on MICHELLE, and to a lesser extent, Jim Bob.  I'd place more of the blame on him but the fact that his kids are helpless unless guided by him is exactly what he wanted.  Congrats, jerk and jerkess.  You've raised a huge brood of kids that, with a couple of exceptions, can't cook their way out of a paper bag.  Proud, are you?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

My mom was neither lazy nor clinically depressed, but most parents back in the day when I was coming up, felt a moral imperative to use housework and sewing/working on cars/repairs as a tool to teach useful basic skills in preparation for marriage and/or being able to live independently on one's own.

The Duggar girls have had marriage and babies and chores drummed into their heads since they could talk, so I'm surprised they're all clueless when it comes to the basics. I'm not criticizing them because they can't make Beef Wellington, but some of them don't even seem to be able to boil water.

It really is quite baffling. The Duggar household growing up must have truly been a shit show, like barely survive each day kind of shit show. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

It really is quite baffling. The Duggar household growing up must have truly been a shit show, like barely survive each day kind of shit show. 

It totally was...14 kids, one bathroom...kids hungry...church would leave "love offerings"...clown collars and prairie  frumpers at every turn...

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

In their  world, only men are equal; wimmin folk, re not so much.

Are they trying to look hip and relevant? 

RE: the post of MLK

What a joke. 

You know, it's free country...believe what you want.  But nothing worse than liars. Don't pretend to be all into equal rights and then not be.  

Is this part of the image rehabilitation?  Duggars are hip because Ben has a AA friend? 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

He was saying how smart our mother was to teach us all to clean, sew and cook.  Indeed, it was for her benefit, as she was lazy and clinically depressed.  

My mom was disabled from RA and COPD by the time I was 5. I learned a lot about cooking, sewing, etcetera from her as well. I also learned from my Home Ec teachers. One wonders why J-Chelle did not choose to either teach housekeeping skills to her daughters or bring someone in that would be able to do so, but we're talking about J-Chelle here: Why work when you can force someone else to do it?

It's quite an achievement in life to marry off a daughter who can't follow a simple recipe because she's unable to perform basic math (fractions). We can only speculate on the other life skills that Jilly Muffin and her sisters are unable to master as a result of their mother's laziness.

3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

This is an example of a good Bible verse to post...universally appealing, wise, and non-condemning. Now, if Dancing Derick could keep doing that...

Triple D doesn't know how to "restrain his words" and will never learn to do so.

Perhaps he should try finding a job and staying off of social media.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

he has a job.  he is a MISSIONARY!  Didn't you see them in Danger America and like doing all that, like, stuff and everything?  It was very dangerous too. Jessa was even scared when she visited and there was the shower rack noise... 

OK, so Central America didn't work out like Derick planned.   He is using social media to share the gospel. from the comfort of Jim Bob's guest home.  He spends like 5 minutes a day picking out verses to post and throws in some politics when he is feeling funky.    

This is like totally a job. Like for real. 

• Love 15

I wonder how long it will be before they announce that they are staying in Arkansas as opposed to returning to Danger America?  

And what about their collection of plastic bowls and the air conditioners JB "gifted" to them?  How will they retrieve them?

These things keep me awake at night.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

I wonder how long it will be before they announce that they are staying in Arkansas as opposed to returning to Danger America?  

And what about their collection of plastic bowls and the air conditioners JB "gifted" to them?  How will they retrieve them?

These things keep me awake at night.

Just send Jana down to retrieve said bowls & air conditioners, she's not busy lol

Knowing KJB he will probably try to bill the next missionary family that moves into the house.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

They'll donate the bowls and the air conditioners to the "ministry" and it's a nice tax write-off.

I'm guessing they won't announce they're not going back to Danger America until they have no other choice. 

On 1/17/2017 at 4:28 PM, Missy Vixen said:

Almost any post about Derick (or really any of them) should begin with the phrase "perhaps he should try finding a job . . ."

• Love 15
23 hours ago, Marigold said:

he has a job.  he is a MISSIONARY!  Didn't you see them in Danger America and like doing all that, like, stuff and everything?  It was very dangerous too. Jessa was even scared when she visited and there was the shower rack noise... 

OK, so Central America didn't work out like Derick planned.   He is using social media to share the gospel. from the comfort of Jim Bob's guest home.  He spends like 5 minutes a day picking out verses to post and throws in some politics when he is feeling funky.    

This is like totally a job. Like for real. 

This post was the best!  I had the shittiest of days today and you actually got me to smile!   Thank you!!

And I agree with all above posters - Derick seriously needs a real job.  It is absolutely ridiculous to claim a ministry when you are living in boob's guest house with Jill attached to you.  You have a FAMILY to support, dumbass!!

• Love 16
6 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

They'll donate the bowls and the air conditioners to the "ministry" and it's a nice tax write-off.

I'm guessing they won't announce they're not going back to Danger America until they have no other choice. 

Or use Derick's "illness" as an excuse. They DID travel there the first time when Izzy was just three months old, but now with two? That's excuse enough for these week reeds, but my money is on Derick, who will have to settle for a Twitter Ministry. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

LOL!!!  This IS my hobby.  :-D

My Duggar hobby is sometimes when I see a great buys at the 99c Only Store I meal plan for 20+.

The other day they had cage free eggs (4 cartons @ $8) name brand whole wheat English muffins (8 bags @ $8) organic large tubs of spinach (4 @ $4) name brand turkey bacon (4 @ $4) 2 gallon size milks @ $4 and a large bag of oranges for $1.

Poached eggs Florentine on toasted muffins with sliced oranges and turkey bacon with a glass of milk for 24 people, total breakfast cost $29. I can usually put together meals for under $25.

I've probably put together 20 or so possible meals over the years. My weird obsession is more with the 99c store then the Duggars, they're just my inspiration.

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think Derick is having physical problems related to his jaw ordeal. However, he's also a candidate for one of those medical voyeur shows TLC likes: Derick--the man immobilized by a hundred pound growth around his neck. Oops, the growth is Jill, his wife, now permanently connected by yards of twisted hair that have burrowed into his body. The doctors do everything they can, but the malformation cannot safely be removed. Derick will spend the rest of his life sitting around his home, unable to work or even bathe. Please DONATE and help this unfortunate man find a miracle so he can someday fulfill his dream of supporting his family.

Your killing me!!!

• Love 2